PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Favored Soul/Oracle

Sarakos
2010-12-16, 03:37 PM
Hello Playgrounders,

I'm a bit stuck on a small problem. I play with two seperate D&D groups. One plays 3.5 and refuses to touch Pathfinder with a 10 foot pole and the other couldn't be paid to play 3.5 again. I don't have any strong objection to either system so I alternate between the two groups.

My problem is this, in the pathfinder group I played a level 5 neutral cleric of Pharasma. My specialty was to be divintation magic (not yet high enough to have anything other than augury) who also took the Life mystery to serve as the party healer and took free cure spells. Because this oracle wore no armor, I had a high dex and a favorite tactic was to toss a spellstoring, returning dagger at my enemies with an inflict light wounds in it so I had just about all inflict spells as well.

I'm trying to do my best to recreate this character for the 3.5 group and am running into some problems. I'm thinking of using favored soul but having problems squeezing all the spells I want into the spells known list and I have no idea what feats to take so feat suggestions would be helpful. The original pathfinder oracle was human but I'm debating taking the +1 level adjustment Aasimar. The 3.5 group is level 12 by the way

Cyrion
2010-12-16, 04:16 PM
I would think you might have an easier time recreating your original character by being a straight cleric for the domains. Knowledge and Healing domains seem like an obvious answer for the divination and healbot functions, but there might be others you'd want to look at instead.

Curmudgeon
2010-12-16, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure how this works in Pathfinder, but spell storing won't work on a thrown weapon in D&D 3.5; you can only discharge the spell when you wield it.

Sarakos
2010-12-16, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure how this works in Pathfinder, but spell storing won't work on a thrown weapon in D&D 3.5; you can only discharge the spell when you wield it.

Well then I cant do that but I was just looking through MiC and I might replace it with Vampiric instead

Dreadn4ught
2010-12-16, 04:42 PM

Actually, if you are a daggerspell mage (complete adventurer), you can store a touch spell to any dagger and throw it and it will discharge if it hits. But Daggerspell Mage is arcane, so that wouldn't work for a cleric.

Original topic: If you're having trouble with not having enough spells, go with ordinary cleric. If you like inflict spells, maximize spell might be a good feat. I'm not exactly an expert though.

Zorzark
2010-12-16, 04:45 PM
My favorite way of getting more spells on a favored soul is to play a raptoran, and become a sky pledged. Congratulations, you now can cast almost all the cleric and druid spells in the PHB.

nedz
2010-12-16, 06:36 PM
If you just want slighty more spells, and arn't worried about flexibility, you could consider the spontaneous cleric from UA.

Sarakos
2010-12-17, 10:28 AM
If you just want slighty more spells, and arn't worried about flexibility, you could consider the spontaneous cleric from UA.

Spntaneous cleric sounds interesting, I'll give it a look, thanks :)