PDA

View Full Version : How much time a day do you spend on giantitp?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-17, 08:42 PM
I am really curious about this; recently... I have developed an internet adiction*
and it has already start to influence my life in a bad way.

In either case I just want to compare myself to others, and see just how bad I am. I think I spend from 6-10 hours daily in the forums.

*I am in knowledge of the irony, and would like if you please avoid mentioning that

Haruki-kun
2010-12-17, 08:47 PM
Depends on how busy I am, I guess. It can range from a few minutes to all day. I usually figure as long as it's not interfering with other aspects of mylife then it's OK.

As a student, I carry my laptop around with me, so I tend to be online... all day. Varies a bit on weekends, or depending on other factors.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-12-17, 08:54 PM
It tends to be open on my computer a lot. However, I don't spend nearly as much time actually reading and posting, or I would never get anything done.

Ranger Mattos
2010-12-17, 08:58 PM
Do you define "On GiantITP" as in a tab open to it? If so, then 24/7.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-17, 08:59 PM
Active time I suppose, like posting or at least reading threads.

littlebottom
2010-12-17, 08:59 PM
too long... all too long:smalleek:

ive been on the forums for around 2 and a half years, (well i made an account and forgot for a few months:smallredface: so i dont count that) and ive still got over 6000 posts? im not as bad as some, because i refrain from what i feel is pointless posting. but im still on here reading whether im posting or not:smallbiggrin:

i also admit that i take "time off" from this forum because it eats my life away:smalleek:

Eldonauran
2010-12-17, 09:02 PM
About 30mins to an hour a day. More if something catches my eye or I'm debting something heated. Like Alignment. Those are fun. :smallamused:

Ranger Mattos
2010-12-17, 09:08 PM
Active time I suppose, like posting or at least reading threads.

Then it's usually between 2 hours and 12 hours, depending on how much access I have to the computer.

Starbuck_II
2010-12-17, 09:11 PM
Depends on if busy. How much real life stuff I need to get done.

Like Wednesday I went to the PX (military mall) so I didn't do it much than till we got back.

Coidzor
2010-12-17, 09:14 PM
Too much. I generally have at least one tab open to GitP whenever I'm online.

KuReshtin
2010-12-17, 10:27 PM
GitP is one of the tabs that I have set as home page when I fire up the web browser when I start my laptop, and I'm logged into the forums pretty much anytime I'm online.

Actual active time reading and posting differs from day to day.
I only ever post in Friendly Banter, and only open up threads where I'm intrigued by the thread title.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-12-17, 11:05 PM
I have a tab open all the time, but I'm really only actively using it a few hours a day--mainly in short spurts (5 minutes here, 15 there, like that). I'm getting pretty much As in school and I got into a top-tier college so it's all good. :smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-17, 11:07 PM
I have a tab open all the time, but I'm really only actively using it a few hours a day--mainly in short spurts (5 minutes here, 15 there, like that). I'm getting pretty much As in school and I got into a top-tier college so it's all good. :smallbiggrin:

..... wish I could do that, the forum sucks me in somehow and I spend a little too much time here, my grades are not getting worse; but if I don't improve them I might not be able to apply for a college scholarship.

Mauve Shirt
2010-12-17, 11:22 PM
I'm much the same as CoffeeIncluded. Gitp opens as soon as I open Chrome at the beginning of my day. I browse the forums in spurts throughout the day. I'd say it adds up to probably 6 hours or so when I'm on break and have nothing better to do, but when stuff like classes is happening between 1 and 3 hours a day.

Gullara
2010-12-18, 03:39 AM
Entirely too much if such a thing is even possible. I spend quite a bit of time in front of my computer and the playground is always open on a tab or two.

Heck when I get around to being able to afford a new monitor I'll still use my old one and always have gitp open on it.

Of course I spent most (near all) of my life without internet, so I've got to make up for lost time right? :smalltongue:

EDIT: Actually gitp is my home page. :smallbiggrin:

Ichneumon
2010-12-18, 04:23 AM
I spend too much time on giantitp. There. I said it.

Vaynor
2010-12-18, 04:38 AM
I think it's safe to say I'm on here quite a lot. You know, moderating and stuff.

ghost_warlock
2010-12-18, 04:41 AM
It waxes and wanes. For a while, I'll be on here for hours at a time, for weeks running; making a flurry of posts. Other times, such as recently, I spend only a few scant minutes here over the course of weeks; just long enough to read a new comic and maybe post on a thread or two.

Kjata
2010-12-18, 06:38 AM
Maybe like... a half hour? It varies, depending on what else I have going on. If I have a good game, or warhammer to paint, or anime to watch its almost nonexistant. I mean, I've made some 450 posts in four years of membership...

But I do lurk a lot. I lurked for a year before registering.

I also am extremely apathetic about the forum. My skaven avatar died like a year ago and I haven't updated my sig yet.

Roc Ness
2010-12-18, 07:28 AM
Anywhere between "No time" to all day. Generally its 1-3 hours, taken in short intervals throughout the day.

Lateral
2010-12-18, 09:16 PM
Too frakking much. Seriously, every day after school, I think to myself, 'Oh, I'll just check SMBGs, post a little, and then do my homework." Next thing I know, it's 5:00 and I have less than an hour until my little brother gets home. Even worse on wednesdays because I have to go... places... every other Wednesday at 4:30, but I always forget, so I'm scrambling to do an hour's worth of homework in the ten minutes between when my dad calls and says that he's picking me up and when he gets home. :smallannoyed:

TL;DR:
TVTROPES GIANTITP RUINED MY LIFE!

ForzaFiori
2010-12-18, 10:07 PM
It varies how much I'm actively looking and reading by what I have to do. I almost always have my my laptop with me, so any down time I have, I'm usually online. If I'm online, I probably have a GiTP thread up, and I'll scan through the forums. If something catches my eye, I read it. Days with nothing to do, I'm probably on here 10 hours or may a day. Days that I have stuff to do? 0-30 minutes. As long it doesn't interfere with the rest of my life, I figure it's ok.

2010-12-18, 10:44 PM
Not much, usually only when a new comic is up. In fact, this is the longest I've been on at a time, and the most posts I made in one visit. Two.

Cealocanth
2010-12-18, 11:52 PM
Not much, usually only when a new comic is up. In fact, this is the longest I've been on at a time, and the most posts I made in one visit. Two.

Ehh, you're fairly new. The urge to post, participate, and make merry will come soon. Just post where you think you add something, you may find those circumstances coming more and more often.

As for me, I'd say around 2 hours on schooldays, 4 hours more or less on weekends. I have the feeling I'm ridiculously undershooting it.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-12-19, 04:52 AM
weekends/holidays: 8-10 hours with it open, 2-2.5 actually reading/posting
schooldays: 2-3 hours open, 1-1.5 actually posting/reading

Lateral
2010-12-19, 08:03 AM
Ehh, you're fairly new. The urge to post, participate, and make merry will come soon. Just post where you think you add something, you may find those circumstances coming more and more often.

As for me, I'd say around 2 hours on schooldays, 4 hours more or less on weekends. I have the feeling I'm ridiculously undershooting it.

Nah, you're a normal person.

grimbold
2010-12-19, 08:49 AM
maybe 4-6 hours on weekends
and an hour on week days
sometimes more
i always have the tab open

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-19, 10:09 AM
Right now, too much. Way too much. I'm unemployed, and literally don't have anything to do before Christmas

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-19, 10:29 AM
*starts frothing at the mouth*

Way. Too. Much.
And for the people around who think that they spend entirely too much time on the forums... JOIN FFRP. Trust me. That sub-forum has stolen many a life away.

Lateral
2010-12-19, 10:37 AM
And for the people around who think that they spend entirely too much time on the forums... JOIN FFRP. Trust me. That sub-forum has stolen many a life away.

You know, I tried, but I couldn't get into it.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-19, 11:27 AM
*starts frothing at the mouth*

Way. Too. Much.

This. Seriously. It'll be 4:00 am, and you'll be thinking 'just one more post'

Inhuman Bot
2010-12-19, 03:18 PM
0-10 minutes a day, probably.

Mercenary Pen
2010-12-19, 07:52 PM
I spend quite a bit of time on GiantITP, currently running at four tabs for the site- saved in Firefox every time I shut down, and restored when I fire it up (but most of those are to do with my participation in YugiohITP- mostly because I'm running the current tournament).

I do tend to use Giantitp fairly infrequently though, fitting it around watching anime episodes- but that's just me...

RabbitHoleLost
2010-12-19, 07:56 PM
I used to spend hours, but lately, I'll check in, flick over a few topics and then move on to other things.
My interest in the forums kinda come and go, ebb and flow.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-19, 08:13 PM
Ack. I don't know about too much, but I know I spend a long time on these forums, active. When I'm at school, about 7 hours a day, since I have my laptop at school. In the holidays, or weekends, only 4-6 usually.

The main problem I have is the commitment I've taken up, so when I'm busy and can't post for a few days, it really seems like it's stacking up to me, and I can imagine people used to me posting so much thinking I'm dead or something.

For proof, look at my posts per day: my join date. It doesn't look that high, but I must tell you, I didn't post for a year a bit after registering. :smallwink: