PDA

View Full Version : who can create the stongest build D&D 3.5

Hardiron
2010-12-18, 02:10 AM
Okay guys, My group recently decided to create a one to two shot challenge, all bets off, all books are in. If it was printed under license as a D&D 3.5 book, it can be used. The only rules are no alternate rule sets (i.e. geshalt), no Pun Pun, and a friendly agreement has been made not to use psionics, however that is not to say they are out, but merely it is preferred to not use them.

Basis is either 9th (most probable) or 20th level trials. So my question to you is, assuming a 32 point buy and ALL splat books being in, what is the most ridiculously powerful build you can come up with.

My current thought is Kobold sorcerer PC'd in Mind bender, specializing as a polymorphist. (assume supernatural ability) and using mind bender to make everything attack their allies. Please argue pros vs cons with your builds. Also, this campaign will take place in one to two weeks, which is why im coming to you, because i cant research and build it all in that time, so im looking for a good start point from all of you.

Thank you

WinWin
2010-12-18, 02:31 AM
depends what you mean by ridiculously powerful.

options are good. If your character can only do a few things, then you are not powerful, no matter how skilled in that role. I don't care how much damage your supercharger does. Unless he is a cleric or pouncing druid, then he is limited in function.

Use lesser planar binding (wizard or sorc) to summon a Dao. Use it's limited wish so summon an Efreet and command the Efreet by proxy. Congratulations. you win D&D. Reproduce nearly any magical effect you can dig out of a sourcebook. Or make magical items. Whatever.

20th level? You no longer need the Dao. Just summon the efreet and start making simulacrums.

In other words, play a caster. Specific PrCs, items metamagic really only matter for PvP or high-op games against killer DMs.

Ozreth
2010-12-18, 02:33 AM
Awe come on dude, youre just cheating : p

arguskos
2010-12-18, 02:43 AM
If you want to be a total bastard, you can do the following (I think it can be done at level 9; I know it works at level 13 for sure): The Cube (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8187767&postcount=7). To defeat Mordenkainen's Disjunction, you'll need this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8192742&postcount=33).

Congratulations! You're now one of the only two Tier 0.5 builds known. :smallamused:

Note: The other one, Fluffy, remains beyond my reach. I know his general abilities, and they'd be more than sufficient here, but not the specifics, sorry.

EDIT: @^: Nah, I'm cheating. Invoking the ToS here is just foul play.

Halae
2010-12-18, 03:07 AM
one classic is to go with the classic War Hulking Hurler. essentially, you take a class that gives you damage based on how much you can heft. then you take every possible means of expanding that character's strength to ungodly limits. I saw one thread where a centaur was throwing hunks of rock that dealt upwards of 10,000d6 damage. (Damage reduction? What's that?)

Also, if you have a few weeks to prepare, a Red Wizard can be godly. For example, Rary's Arcane Conversion from complete mage allows you to exchange one spell for "another spell of equal or lower level" and with heighten and circle magic, you can turn a 1st level slot and a 6th level slot into a 9th. Note, as you do this, that you don't actually have to be able to cast 9th level spells to have them scribed in your spellbook.

GoatBoy
2010-12-18, 05:05 AM
Cheater of Mystra? (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872770/new_build:_The_Cheater_of_Mystra)