PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 // My werewolf PC reached lvl 15, and now what?

pilvento
2010-12-18, 10:39 AM
hi fellas, long time no see.

Im just looking for some good ideas, new campaing is about to start and my Werewolf PC is almost ready, we are going to play from lvl 5 to 21 all the way.
So far my progresion looks like this Werewolfclass (from wizards website)/Barbarian/fighter(extra feat FTW)/Fist of the forest/Warshaper.
Still i have about 7 lvls to fill and im clueless. got any suggestion?

For now im just looking foward to have a gigantic str modifier so i can trip and grab and push and throw almos everything.

P.D: i allways played gish characters, casters and squishi. do u think this chararter can be borring in late campaing (i mean after i accidentally kill the party a cuople of times)

Dralnu
2010-12-18, 02:59 PM
Never heard of the werewolf class. Sounds like a good class combination though.

If you want more STR and want to continue your savage brute theme, Frenzied Berserker is a great PrC for it. The drawback of killing your party is huge though, so I'd definitely recommend talking to the group in advance to greenlight it and work a way around that.

If you don't mind taking more base classes, Monk 2 (one of the variants maybe) would be great for your unarmed strike needs and a Warblade / Swordsage dip is always good for boosts. If you want more STR and want to get better at grappling / tripping you should look for more ways to increase your size. I've been told that the best way to do so is with a psionic dip for Expansion but I don't know anything about those mechanics.

Will you get bored? As a fellow caster / gish player, I'll say probably yes. The only melee characters that have ever been enjoyable for me to play are ToB ones due to their large variety of attack options (specifically swordsage, even if it's the "weakest" it's still the most fun). With a ToB character you don't even need to multiclass at all and still kick butt all the way through. I mean, just look at your build -- 5 classes already and 7 levels to go? Crusader 20 just looks so elegant and is a total tripping beast. That's just my two cents though. You may very well enjoy the werewolf all the way to 21.

Psyren
2010-12-18, 03:16 PM
Never heard of the werewolf class. Sounds like a good class combination though.

I think he means this one (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a), right?

pilvento
2010-12-18, 10:54 PM
I think he means this one (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a), right?

exactly, thats the one

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-18, 11:54 PM
Warshaper, Immunity to Critical Hits and bonuses to Strength... It would also allow you to be in "human" form and use claws still, good way to not draw suspicion before it's warranted.

It's only 5 levels though.

Gorgondantess
2010-12-18, 11:56 PM
Try using werewolf lord as opposed to werewolf. Lotsa strength bonuses, and large size so you can later qualify for War Hulk.:smallbiggrin:

Darrin
2010-12-19, 12:37 AM
You might want to consider Kensai. It's not full BAB, but at 2nd level, they can make a DC 15 Concentration check to gain a +8 untyped bonus to their Strength. Also, you can enchant your natural attacks with weapon enhancements.

Other than that... Hellreaver, maybe? (Fiendish Codex II). Tear people apart and heal yourself/allies at the same time? Requires a good alignment, though.

Or go into Werewolf Lord until you're large-sized, and then finish off with War Hulk (Miniatures Handbook).

pilvento
2010-12-20, 02:20 PM
sry for late responses.

Warshaper, Immunity to Critical Hits and bonuses to Strength... It would also allow you to be in "human" form and use claws still, good way to not draw suspicion before it's warranted.

It's only 5 levels though.

Yes, tearing people apart while i hide my lycanness its the main part of that prestige, apart from all the other nice bonuses.

pilvento
2010-12-20, 02:24 PM
You might want to consider Kensai. It's not full BAB, but at 2nd level, they can make a DC 15 Concentration check to gain a +8 untyped bonus to their Strength. Also, you can enchant your natural attacks with weapon enhancements.

Other than that... Hellreaver, maybe? (Fiendish Codex II). Tear people apart and heal yourself/allies at the same time? Requires a good alignment, though.

Or go into Werewolf Lord until you're large-sized, and then finish off with War Hulk (Miniatures Handbook).

there is already a kensai in the party and i want to be chaotic this time. ill take a look at helreaver, need to download that book.

and yes, my dream is to play the werewolf lord, but i cant, master said ist too much. warhulk is a nice idea but i want to avoid the gigant monster idea.

Thanks for replys, feel free to post any other advice,

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-20, 03:41 PM
sry for late responses.

Yes, tearing people apart while i hide my lycanness its the main part of that prestige, apart from all the other nice bonuses.

Y'know, I checked to make sure you didn't have it... how did I not see it there... :smallconfused:

Well that was all I got, unless you want to go Master of Many Forms.

Urpriest
2010-12-20, 03:56 PM
If you want to be a Dwarf Werewolf you could take Deepwarden for another Con to AC. I believe Bloodclaw Master from Tome of Battle is good for claw-users, though I may be mistaken. In any case, warblade should be a good cap to the build.

nedz
2010-12-20, 03:57 PM
Do you intend to have any personality ?
If so a couple of levels of Marshal might help.

Spirit Shamen should you take an interest in the spiritual side.
This would give you quite a few buffs which might fit ?

Depends upon your flavour requirement really ?

pilvento
2010-12-21, 02:47 PM
Do you intend to have any personality ?
If so a couple of levels of Marshal might help.

Spirit Shamen should you take an interest in the spiritual side.
This would give you quite a few buffs which might fit ?

Depends upon your flavour requirement really ?

ill take a look at those 2, spirit shaman complete divine isnt it? and marshal?

Urpriest
2010-12-21, 02:53 PM
ill take a look at those 2, spirit shaman complete divine isnt it? and marshal?

Marshal is from Miniatures Handbook. If you aren't going to have a high Charisma I wouldn't bother with it though.

pilvento
2010-12-21, 03:07 PM
no marshal then... btw my equipment is vow of poverty. adapted to be the vow of wildernes, DR /lawfull instead of /evil thats all.

MonarchAnarch
2010-12-21, 03:10 PM
Marshal is in the miniatures book. It's an cha-based aura support class.

nedz
2010-12-21, 03:11 PM
Marshal is from Miniatures Handbook. If you aren't going to have a high Charisma I wouldn't bother with it though.

Hence my comment about Personality :smallbiggrin:

Urpriest
2010-12-21, 03:14 PM
Look into Black Blood Cultist. It's a grappling-focused PrC with a variety of interesting benefits, and a fun werewolf theme. You may not have enough levels open to make it worthwhile, though.

pilvento
2010-12-21, 03:31 PM
Look into Black Blood Cultist. It's a grappling-focused PrC with a variety of interesting benefits, and a fun werewolf theme. You may not have enough levels open to make it worthwhile, though.

from where?

btw, thanks for the quick answers