PDA

View Full Version : Infernal/Dragon-Themed PrCs for a Wizard. [3.5]

Reynard
2010-12-18, 05:27 PM
Pretty much the thread title. A game I'm in currently has been, for a few sessions, hinting at what is to come, and a mysterious gemstone (dubbed the Plotstone) is the center of it.

Now, my wizard in the game has every reason to be looking at every possible source of power (IC, of course), and this gem could be one of them, especially after a casting of Identify led to bad, bad places for him, where a dragon-like creature made of fire gave him hallucinations of all that he cared for melting and burning away. Hints that we've found so far have led us to believe it was an ancient Dragon or dark God, and the stone is either his prison or a link to him.

So yeah, are there any (full-casting) PrCs for me that could take to reflect this growing effect that the stone is having over his behavior and/or abilities?

Currently level 4, and been full wizard so far.

Ernir
2010-12-18, 06:49 PM
Fiend-Blooded (Heroes of Horror) is a pretty balanced class. Loses a CL on the last level, but you can just skip that.
The class is designed for Sorcerers, but you can qualify for it by
Asking your DM nicely, or Take something like the spontaneous divination ACF from Complete Champion

Heroes of Horror also has the Tainted Scholar PrC. It should fit the theme pretty much perfectly, but beware - it's crazy powerful.

Runestar
2010-12-18, 08:17 PM
Dragon Magic has pact-bound adept and wyrm wizard, but you end up losing spellcaster lvs. :smallannoyed: