PDA

View Full Version : optimized, but not overpowered, rouge/ranger(bow) race...

uchiha191942
2010-12-18, 05:29 PM
I have been thinking of making a 4th level rouge/ranger for an adventure my neighborhood DM has been thinking of making, and I need a sleightly optimized race with an LA of 2 or below, the lower the better, I like class levels, and also some monster classes (I don't where that thread is...) as long as its not a random and unknown monster class. ALSO IT MUST NOT BE EVIL! I have made some other threads in the past and they always listed drow, duergar or other evil classes, which waste my time, but hopefully you giants can help me!
:biggrin:

Gavinfoxx
2010-12-18, 05:43 PM
roGUe

R O G U E

ARR OHH GEE YEW EEE

Doughnut Master
2010-12-18, 05:47 PM
It's all in the costume:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3848/rougeranger.jpg

Mastikator
2010-12-18, 05:51 PM
Join the The Rouge Guild (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0711.html).

Flickerdart
2010-12-18, 07:47 PM
A thri-kreen (ECL 4) has four arms, meaning you can wield two bows at the same time. I don't think I need to explain why this is awesome. Certain sahuagin also have four arms, but have a higher ECL (5). The non-psionic thri-kreen in Savage Species only has an ECL of 3. You could also apply the Insectile template (fro Savage Species) to get six arms for 2 LA.

Duergar and Drow suck, I don't know who recommended you these or why.

JeminiZero
2010-12-18, 08:58 PM
Instead of taking rogue/ranger, look up the trapfinding ACF for rangers in Dungeonscape. Saves you from multiclass penalty. For race, I think
*Human: always decent
*Raptoran (ROTW) helps compensate for your class lack of flight. Also can use foot bows

mootoall
2010-12-18, 09:06 PM
If you want monster classes, you could always go with the Arrow Demon. The thread is something else now, but the class is here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9520004&postcount=337

It's seven levels, so you won't get much rogue in, but it's got a whole bunch of juicy archery stuff.

soulchicken
2010-12-18, 09:39 PM
dark template.

1 la
hide in plain site
+10 movement
bonus to hide and move silently
darkvision
doesn't have to be evil

The Glyphstone
2010-12-18, 09:41 PM
dark template.

1 la
hide in plain site
+10 movement
bonus to hide and move silently
darkvision
doesn't have to be evil

You can buy the Dark template with money (Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis, MIC). Shadow Creature is +2 LA and far superior, so you're better either coughing up the extra level or saving your dough.

Lord.Sorasen
2010-12-19, 05:08 AM
A thri-kreen (ECL 4) has four arms, meaning you can wield two bows at the same time. I don't think I need to explain why this is awesome. Certain sahuagin also have four arms, but have a higher ECL (5). The non-psionic thri-kreen in Savage Species only has an ECL of 3. You could also apply the Insectile template (fro Savage Species) to get six arms for 2 LA.

Duergar and Drow suck, I don't know who recommended you these or why.

Is there a template or class that can give someone the animal or magical beast type? Because if so there's the arachnoid template. Which would theoretically mean you could have 8 arms. If you could apply the insectile template to that you'd have 10 arms.

Flickerdart
2010-12-19, 12:10 PM
Arachnoid isn't a player template, as it has no LA listed.

Lord.Sorasen
2010-12-19, 04:05 PM
well that's depressing.