PDA

View Full Version : A form changing weapon?

Eiko
2010-12-19, 10:22 AM
Basically is there a way to do this? In combat my current character has proficiency with all weapons and certain weapons suit certain situations more than others.

Therefore can you make a weapon that could say, be a short sword one moment and a spear the next?

zagan
2010-12-19, 10:29 AM
I know of two option, both in the Magic item compendium, the changelling special property for a straight 2000gp you can change a spear/shortspear/longspear in any of the other type, but that's pretty limiting.
The best option is morphing a +1 property that allow you to change a melee or throw weapon into any other weapon of the same type (light, one handed ot two handed). Hope that helped.

Bonecrusher Doc
2010-12-19, 10:34 AM
There's this:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#lordlyMight

You could probably craft something that doesn't do quite as many tricks for a lesser cost.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-12-19, 10:43 AM
I know of two option, both in the Magic item compendium, the changelling special property for a straight 2000gp you can change a spear/shortspear/longspear in any of the other type, but that's pretty limiting.
The best option is morphing a +1 property that allow you to change a melee or throw weapon into any other weapon of the same type (light, one handed ot two handed). Hope that helped.

Morphing is probably what you are looking for, and a bargain at +1. In fact, I believe the Haberdash used this, along with a Master of Masks with Gladiator mask, to be able to simulate almost any combat style at the drop of a... erm... mask.

Eiko
2010-12-19, 10:54 AM
That's the mask I'm using, so as a +1 bonus the weapon changes forms to anything as a what action?

Greenish
2010-12-19, 11:12 AM
That's the mask I'm using, so as a +1 bonus the weapon changes forms to anything as a what action?Standard. Not quite to any weapon though, it can't leap the weapon size categories (light, 1h, 2h).

Eiko
2010-12-19, 11:17 AM
So if you buy 3 morphing weapons you possess all weapons?

Awesomesauce.

Prime32
2010-12-19, 01:29 PM
Combine morphing and sizing.

Claudius Maximus
2010-12-19, 01:33 PM
Combine morphing and sizing.

Not sure that would work, since a small greatsword is still a two-handed weapon even though a medium creature can wield it in one.

If you combine the spear thing with Morphing you might get all one and two handed weapons covered.

mootoall
2010-12-19, 01:40 PM
There's also the ... I think the bowstaff(?) or bowsword from MiC, if you want ranged.

Fiery Diamond
2010-12-19, 01:43 PM
There's also the ... I think the bowstaff(?) or bowsword from MiC, if you want ranged.

Swordbow, actually. :smallsmile:

mootoall
2010-12-19, 01:47 PM
Swordbow, actually. :smallsmile:

Heh, close enough. Either way, that's an interesting weapon. Pity the different parts have to be enchanted seperately ...

Darrin
2010-12-19, 03:29 PM
Standard. Not quite to any weapon though, it can't leap the weapon size categories (light, 1h, 2h).

Which is why you use an unawakened/lesser Sunsword +1 (3000 GP, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft p. 210). As a bastard sword, it counts as a two-handed martial weapon or a one-handed exotic weapon. As a shortsword, it counts as a light weapon.

Elvencraft bows (+300 GP, Races of the Wild) are cheaper, and they work as either ranged or melee without worrying about spending an action to transform them.

Jack Zander
2010-12-19, 04:33 PM
Which is why you use an unawakened/lesser Sunsword +1 (3000 GP, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft p. 210). As a bastard sword, it counts as a two-handed martial weapon or a one-handed exotic weapon. As a shortsword, it counts as a light weapon.

Loopholes! :smallbiggrin: