PDA

View Full Version : Silver Talon Knight: A Druid PrC That Needs Seious Work

wayfare
2010-12-19, 06:11 PM
Hey all. I'm working on a PrC for an ongoing game I'm in right now. I'm playing a druid that, through a string of bad luck, has been forced to be the party's "off tank." He doesn't do wildshape much, instead relying on his trusty flame blade spell and two weapon fighting to carry him through most fights. I know its not exactly optimized, but it is a lot of fun.

Anyway, I decided to create a PrC based on this character. The idea is to create an order of druid protectors that fight alongside their animal companions in human form, expending wildshape to drive their companions into a battle frenzy.

Well, here it is

The Silver Talon Knight

Silver Talon Knight
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Wilding, Enhance Companion|

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Imbue Weapon|

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Blade and Talon|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|Imbue Talon|

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Frenzy Companion|

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Bonus Feat|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Class Features

Level 1

Wilding: Your levels in Silver Talon Knight stack with your Druid levels to determine the duration of your Wild Shape, as well as the number of times per day you can activate that class feature.

Enhance Companion: You can expend one of your daily uses of Wild Shape to grant your animal companion a +4 moral bonus to Strength and Constitution for 1 hour/2 levels you possess.
You cannot use this ability while in Wildshape.

Level 3

Imbue Weapon: As a free action, you may expend a divine spell you can cast to grant yourself a +1 bonus to hit and +1d4 damage per level of the spell sacrificed. This effect lasts for 1 round, but modifies all attacks made that round.
You cannot use this ability while in Wildshape.

Level 5

Blade and Talon: When your animal companion is under the effects of Enhance Companion, its natural attacks gain the characteristics of the Scimitar you wield.

Level 7

Imbue Talon: When using Imbue Weapon, you and your animal companion both benefit from its effect.

Level 9

Frenzied Companion: When activating Enhance Companion, you may choose to frenzy your companion instead. While Frenzied, your companion gains a +8 moral bonus to Strength and Constitution, -4 bonus to AC, immunity to critical hit and Mind-affecting spells -- replacing the benefits gained from Enhance Companion.
Your animal companion can remained frenzied for 1 minute per Silver Talon Knight level. At the end of this period, your animal companion is fatigued for 1 hour for every round spent frenzied. Expending another use of Wildshape end the fatigue effect.

Bonus Feats

Weapon Specialization (scimitar)
Greater Weapon Focus (scimitar)
Greater Weapon Specialization (scimitar)
Improved Critical (scimitar)
Power Critical (scimitar)
Cleave
Great Cleave
Power Attack
Improved Initiative
Two Weapon Fighting
Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Two Weapon Defense
Greater Two Weapon Defense
Weapon Finesse
Mobility
Spring Attack
Combat Reflexes
Karmic Strike

All criticism is welcome,as are any of those lovely people who are good at creating skill lists -- I'm terrible at doing it myself and will gladly hail any help doing so.

wayfare
2010-12-21, 12:46 PM
A lil' help?

zagan
2010-12-21, 01:10 PM
Okay first, I recommand removing hte spoiler, spoiler are only usefull for creating category or tu put something in the middle of something else.

That said the class seem nice, even if it's far from optimal, but with a druid base its not a problem.

First you need prereq even if the class is just for you.

For skill list just use the druid's unless there's a skill you really want to add.

You need to say if the level stack with druid to determin your animal companion ability otherwise it will quickly become useless.

For Blade and Talon what do you mean by characteristic ? dice of damage, critical hit, material, enhancement/special property, the ability to make iterative attack even.

For the bonus feat you need to stat if you need to met the prereq. I also recommand adding some feat with the wild descriptor notable those that allow you to spend them to enhance your ability, complete divine as soom good one.

In any case the idea is original but need polishing. Good luck.