PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands HoE to Deadlands: is it possible?

Trekkin
2010-12-20, 01:14 AM
So I've finally gotten around to reading Deadlands: Hell on Earth, and I notice that it hints at being able to take a party of players back and forth between that and Deadlands: Weird West. Unfortunately, it doesn't list how this is done, at least to the best of my search-fu. Is there any description in any of either setting's books, short of the mad scientist "time machine" listed as one of the sample devices requiring a royal flush to create, of how the player characters can jump between the Weird and Wasted Wests?

hiryuu
2010-12-20, 05:03 AM
The Hunting Grounds has pathways that go back and forth; the Prospector did it several times. It's just going to be dangerous as all get out. Remember that Mad Scientists and Junkers are mutually exclusive between the time periods (junk science won't work in the Weird West and mad science won't work in the Wasted West), and remind your players as such.

hiryuu
2010-12-20, 05:04 AM
(edit, double post)

Darrin
2010-12-20, 05:36 AM
So I've finally gotten around to reading Deadlands: Hell on Earth, and I notice that it hints at being able to take a party of players back and forth between that and Deadlands: Weird West. Unfortunately, it doesn't list how this is done, at least to the best of my search-fu. Is there any description in any of either setting's books, short of the mad scientist "time machine" listed as one of the sample devices requiring a royal flush to create, of how the player characters can jump between the Weird and Wasted Wests?

Yes, it's possible. Several NPCs have done this, including the Prospector, Stone, and I think Jackie Wells. The Road to Hell (particularly Part 3) goes into a little more detail.

Stone did it by following the "Path of Stone", so the PCs could try something similar, but it would be an epic undertaking. Not only would they probably run into one of the versions of Stone along the way, the Reckoners would probably try to intervene more directly in the Hunting Grounds.