PDA

View Full Version : generation project

grimbold
2010-12-20, 05:33 AM
can somebody explain to me the generation project? I joined because i found it interesting so now its floating around my sig. But i have no idea what it is for! Can somebody explain this to me?

Meg
2010-12-20, 03:59 PM
It's a social experiment: Doing something for the sake of doing to see if other people will do it as well. Basically, doing something unusual to see how people react.

But really, the generation thing is just for fun. It's not 'for' anything and it doesn't mean anything.

fimzo
2010-12-20, 04:06 PM
People also will have things along the lines of: "80% of people prefer X. If you prefer Y, put this in your signature."

Haruki-kun
2010-12-20, 04:09 PM
I hate those things. If you hate those things, too, copy and paste this into your signature. :smallwink:

Demon 997
2010-12-20, 06:00 PM
I hate those things. If you hate those things, too, copy and paste this into your signature. :smallwink:

Done! And yes, I am a terrible person. :smalltongue:

Jallorn
2010-12-20, 06:02 PM

Superfluous comma.

What? You'd be surprised how often I want to comment on that kind of thing.

fimzo
2010-12-20, 06:45 PM
Superfluous comma.

What? You'd be surprised how often I want to comment on that kind of thing.

And I thought I was a grammar Nazi. Not that it's a bad thing, in my opinion.

Here's one: "PARADOX 7: 75% of people have meaningless percentages in their signatures. If you're one of the 25% who don't, put this in your signature and increase the number of paradoxes by 1."

grimbold
2010-12-21, 04:27 AM
Here's one: "PARADOX 7: 75% of people have meaningless percentages in their signatures. If you're one of the 25% who don't, put this in your signature and increase the number of paradoxes by 1."

that my friend
is brilliant