PDA

View Full Version : Crystal keep witdraws all D&D

GodGoblin
2010-12-20, 09:28 AM
As the title says they have taken everything down by request of WotC, I gotta say this sucks for being away from books and at work ect. What are your guys thoughts on this?

arguskos
2010-12-20, 09:31 AM
As the title says they have taken everything down by request of WotC, I gotta say this sucks for being away from books and at work ect. What are your guys thoughts on this?
My thought is that we had a thread on this about a week ago. Sucked then, sucks now. :smallfrown:

Psyren
2010-12-20, 09:31 AM
The last thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179811) on this topic was locked, so I don't think we're allowed to discuss this topic further. The bulk of the discussion that was had is in another thread you can follow through the thread I linked.

To summarize, it sucks, WotC is within their rights, etc.

GodGoblin
2010-12-20, 09:44 AM
Ah didnt see the other thread and only just went back to Crystal Keep, yeah real shame but if I was Wotc I would probably do the same, why sell your product when others are just giving it away?

Edit; Seeing as im just slow on the uptake and this has all been said before a lock or delete of the thread may be in order

Escheton
2010-12-20, 09:49 AM
The other one went from discussing it to providing links to mirror sites and other such ways to bypass their legal right.

But yeah, it's quite inconvenient.

gbprime
2010-12-20, 10:02 AM
Ah didnt see the other thread and only just went back to Crystal Keep, yeah real shame but if I was Wotc I would probably do the same, why sell your product when others are just giving it away?

Well that's the irony of it. 3.0 and 3.5 are out of print and not being supported by WotC, so they're not making any money on it anymore. I can understand asking them to remove 4.0 content, but the earlier versions are just the intellectual copyright equivolent of "take my ball and go home".

Now WotC could make some money off 3.0 and 3.5 if they started releasing out of print rulebooks in PDFs... I'd pay for official copies of those suckers!

Serpentine
2010-12-20, 10:06 AM
Ah didnt see the other thread and only just went back to Crystal Keep, yeah real shame but if I was Wotc I would probably do the same, why sell your product when others are just giving it away?As already said, they're not even selling their product. They just want to kill it dead :smallannoyed:

Escheton
2010-12-20, 10:09 AM
Right, because removing it will have people buy 4e stuff and not linger on 3rd edition. Because obviously not selling the books anymore also means that the books that where sold have magically disappeared.

Quietus
2010-12-20, 10:09 AM
Totally off-topic, but... nice new avatar, Serp. I'm guessing that's mistletoe?