PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a race

molten_dragon
2010-12-20, 12:52 PM
I'm looking for a race. Not a specific one, though there are some criteria that it needs to fulfill. I'm hoping someone can help.

Criteria
Bonus to DEX.
No penalties to anything else but CHA.
Medium Size
It would be good if it came from generic D&D and not the campaign setting specific stuff.

monkeysammich
2010-12-20, 12:53 PM
... Elf. +2 Dex/-2 Con?

Er, If you're talking 3.5e that is.

Oh you said no penalties to anything BUT Cha...

There's a version of the elf... Painted? maybe Snow?

Ah yes... the post below me says Snow Elf.

:)

Foryn Gilnith
2010-12-20, 12:59 PM
Snow Elf, Frostburn pg 34
Hadozee, Stormwrack pg 41
Lesser Tiefling, Player's Guide to Faerun pg 191

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19546874/Master_Player_Race_List_Version_2.0?post_id=332168 970

Darrin
2010-12-20, 01:08 PM
Criteria
Bonus to DEX.
No penalties to anything else but CHA.
Medium Size
It would be good if it came from generic D&D and not the campaign setting specific stuff.

Try a Savage Progression Tiefling (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a). LA +0, and you can either take the racial template level later or just skip it. Lesser Tiefling (Player's Guide to Faerun) is also LA +0, and gets the +2 Int.

You can also add the Arctic racial template (Dragon #306, +2 Con/-2 Cha) to most elves to switch the Con penalty over to Cha.

Other than that, I think Hadozee (Stormwrack, +2 Dex/-2 Cha) is the only one that does't require a lot of obscure templates/optional rules.

Greenish
2010-12-20, 01:38 PM
You can also add the Arctic racial template (Dragon #306, +2 Con/-2 Cha) to most elves to switch the Con penalty over to Cha.Ah yeah, the good old arctic fire elf. :smallcool:

Wabbajack
2010-12-20, 01:56 PM
Lesser Chaond maybe? +4 dex, +2 con and -2 cha.

Gomar
2010-12-20, 06:37 PM
play as a human, sacrifice human feat for attribute adjustment...voila (translation: wah-lah)

your DM should allow that...or is that no fun?

Foryn Gilnith
2010-12-20, 09:34 PM
Lesser Chaond maybe? +4 dex, +2 con and -2 cha.

The Player's Guide to Faerun specifies that "All lesser planetouched have the following racial trait in common, in addition to all the racial traits detailed elsewhere in this book." If the racial traits are not detailed elsewhere in this book, there is nothing to add to, and thus the operation ends with either an error (Something + Undefined = ERROR) or merely the Planetouched trait (Something + Nothing = Something). The only racial traits mentioned anywhere in the book are those for Aasimar, Tieflings, and Genasi.

I'm not sure how much I agree with what I just said, but food for thought.