PDA

View Full Version : The User Awards

Maxios
2010-12-20, 07:22 PM
I have an idea:
People vote on users in various categories. The categories range from "Funniest" to "Best FFRPer", etc. People can nominate themselves.
This is just a set up thread though, to see how everyone reacts. Thoughts?

Dr.Epic
2010-12-20, 07:57 PM
This idea lacks any clear direction. I mean you could just nominate yourself for something really specific and win: I'm the best user who has the screen name Dr. Epic. I think you need something a little more clear and actually have a more detailed type contest like the Iron Avatar contest or those create a monster contest I always see but don't quite know what they are.

KuReshtin
2010-12-20, 08:04 PM
: I'm the best user who has the screen name Dr. Epic.

Seconded. :smalltongue:

Maxios
2010-12-20, 08:05 PM
These would be some of the Categories. I'm still coming up with ideas, though
--------
Best FFRPer

Most Funny Poster

Best Artist

Best Webcomic

Best Writer

Best Playground Story

Dr.Epic
2010-12-20, 08:13 PM
Seconded. :smalltongue:

I also nominate KuReshtin as the best user with the screen name The Vorpal Tribble.
Just kidding. You rock The Vorpal Tribble. Please don't smite me with your The Vorpal Tribble-ness.

These would be some of the Categories. I'm still coming up with ideas, though
--------
Best FFRPer

Most Funny Poster

Best Artist

Best Webcomic

Best Writer

Best Playground Story

I still don't know. It does seem like you could take into account everything. Iron Avatarist has people post their entries on the thread so I feel you're going to miss something.

Blue Ghost
2010-12-20, 08:14 PM
We already have the ITP contests down in Structured Games, though they haven't been run for a while. Would those suffice?

KuReshtin
I also nominate KuReshtin as the best user with the screen name The Vorpal Tribble.

WOOHOO!! Seconded!!!

Actually, I was thinking I'd nominate myself as the best Swedish-born American Football Official in the Playground, but if I could win the award for 'Best user with the screen name The Vorpal Tribble' I think that would be quite the upset, and more of an accomplishment.

Maxios
Just kidding. You rock The Vorpal Tribble. Please don't smite me with your The Vorpal Tribble-ness.

I still don't know. It does seem like you could take into account everything. Iron Avatarist has people post their entries on the thread so I feel you're going to miss something.

Hmm...that could be a problem

To BG: I'm not certain, could you give me a link?

Gullara
2010-12-20, 10:33 PM
WOOHOO!! Seconded!!!

Actually, I was thinking I'd nominate myself as the best Swedish-born American Football Official in the Playground, but if I could win the award for 'Best user with the screen name The Vorpal Tribble' I think that would be quite the upset, and more of an accomplishment.

I'd vote for you.

*flees*

Serpentine
2010-12-20, 10:35 PM
We already have the ITP contests down in Structured Games, though they haven't been run for a while. Would those suffice?That, and also I had a Best Avatarist competition a while back. Someone's wandering around with a prize from it, forget who...

Elder Tsofu
2010-12-20, 10:40 PM
That, and also I had a Best Avatarist competition a while back. Someone's wandering around with a prize from it, forget who...

Haha, I suppose the glory disappear quickly if even you forgot that it was Crimmy. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-12-20, 10:45 PM
I thought it was you, actually :smalltongue: But yeah, I remember now. I just have a truly awful memory.

CrimsonAngel
2010-12-20, 11:07 PM
I nominate myself for best oots style artist. :smallfurious:

Serpentine
2010-12-20, 11:11 PM
Too late, the Playground already spoke (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122316) :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-12-20, 11:15 PM
Too late, the Playground already spoke (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122316) :smalltongue:

I'm better now! Didn't you see my Organization XIII? :smallfrown: I mean, I'm a friggin participant? Unacceptable.

Serpentine
2010-12-20, 11:16 PM
Well, we could always do another one. Probably wouldn't want to for another couple of months, though, to make it a year between.

Zeb The Troll
2010-12-21, 03:38 AM
Troll Patrol: This is an idea better suited to Silly Message Board Games in general. You might want to look up some of the previous incarnations of the "in the Playground" competitions for a look at a few games of this style that have been successful. If you want to run one, you can submit a thread for the Structured Games forum for approval from myself or Alarra.