PDA

View Full Version : [Americanapunk, Base Class] The Gangster

0tt3r
2010-12-21, 09:44 AM
The Gangster

Fluff to be added

Vitality Die: d8

Class Skills
Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Drive, Forgery, Listen, Intimidate, Knowledge (Urban Legends), Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Streetwise.

Skill Points at 1st level
(6+ Int Modifier) x 4

Skill Points ant each additional level
6 + int modifier

Defences: +2 Reflex, +1 Fortitude

Base Attack: 4/4

Talents

Sucker Punch

Basic: As a standard action, your melee strike can cause the target to only be allowed to take one move or one standard action on their next turn. The target rolls a Fortitude save against a DC of 10+1/2 Gangster level + Gangster Str modifier, or is affected by the strike.
Improved:If your opponent fails their save, your sucker punch now dazes the target for 1 round. It also deals an extra Str modifier of damage.
Master: If your opponent fails their save, they are Stunned for 1 round. Additionally, the gangster can make a sucker punch as one attack of a full-round attack action, though, only one sucker punch can be attempted each round.

Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

Basic: The gangster can, as a full-round action, make one extra melee attack. Each attack is at a -2 penalty.
Improved: The penalty to flurry is lessened to -1 to each attack. If all attacks hit, the target must roll a Fortitude save against a DC of 10+1/2 Gangster level + Gangster Str modifier. If the save fails, the target gets a -1 to their Fortitude save. Targets can have a maximum of -3 to their Fortitude save.
Master: The penalty to flurry is now zero, and the gangster can flurry on a standard action.

Don't carry a weapon. You might get arrested if you do.

Basic: The Gangster does not take a -4 penalty when using improvised weapons, such as a pool cue or a chair. Additionally, the Gangster can pick up any thing within his reach which he could use a weapon as a free action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
Improved:When using an improvised weapon, the Gangster adds 1d6 damage to all damage rolls. The gangster can also use improvised weapons while grappling with no penalty.
Master: The Gangster gets a +2 to all attack rolls while using an improvised weapon. Additionally, any target with which he succesfully hits with an improvised weapon takes 1d3 Strength damage.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
[This may be better as a Wilderness man talent]
Basic: The Gangster no longer provokes an attack of opportunity when he starts a grapple.
Improved: The Gangster can make a full round attack while in a grapple. Additionally, the target is treated as flat-footed to the Gangster while being grappled.
Master: If the Gangster succesfully hits with an attack while grappling, he can immediately attempt to pin his opponent. Additionally, whenever a Gangster succeeds in an attack, he can immediately attempt a grapple.

You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

Basic: The Gangster can use his Intimidate skill as Bluff or Gather Information. The effect lasts as long as the target remains in your presence, and for 1d6×10 minutes afterward. After this time, in the case of Bluff, the target’s default attitude toward you shifts to unfriendly (or, if normally unfriendly, to hostile).
Improved: The Gangster's Intimidate skill is exceptionally useful. If Intimidate is used to change someones attitude, the attitude is shifted up helpful, instead of friendly, whenever you are solely occupied on Intimidating the target. Ex. The target will be helpful if you are interrogating them, but they will likely run if you are in active combat with someone else. Additionally, when using Intimidate as Bluff or Gather Information, the Gangster receives a +2 bonus.
Master: If the Gangster succeeds on his Intimidate check, and spends 10 minutes coercing his target, he can make a seemingly reasonably suggestion that the target is compelled to follow. The target must follow the suggestion until its completion, or until it has been out of the presence of the Gangster for 1 hour per Gangster level.

How the **** am I funny, what the **** is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Basic: You can choose a single target in combat. If you succesfully demoralize them, using the Intimidate skill, it is treated as frightened for 1d4 rounds, rather than shaken.
Improved: You can demoralize from a distance of 30 ft. Demoralized opponents are treated as frightened.
Master: As a full round action (and with a monologue befitting any good gangster film), the gangster can demoralize all opponents who can hear him within 30 ft. Demoralized opponents are treated as frightened.

Say hello to my little friend!/B]

Basic: When attacking with a fully automatic weapon, such as a tommy gun, the target is limited to moving half their movement speed per round, regardless of whether the attack hits or not..
Improved: If the target fails a Reflex save of 10 + 1/2 Gangster level + Dex modifier, the target is now immobile and loses their Dexterity modifier to AC, the same as being pinned in a grapple, when the Gangster attacks with a fully automatic weapon. If the target succeeds its save, it is still limited to moving at half speed.
Master: The Gangster can now designate a cone of effect for this ability, rather than one target. Additionally, he must make one attack against each person in that cone, including allies.

[B]What the **** does everybody want with my Gran Torino?
[Since I do not know the driving rules, I am not sure how to do this talent.]
Basic: You no longer take penalties when driving in a stressful situation.
Improved: You can use your car in the Range with no penalties for 1 day per Gangster level. If it has been in the Range for longer than thus, it must be tuned up by a mechanic.
Master: You can use your care in the Wild with no penalties for 1 day per Gangster level. Additionally, you can always use your car in the Range with no penalties.

Notes: I gave him a 4/4 BAB and a d10 HD. I was not sure about this. I am also not sure about the balance, but that can be adjusted. I realize Stunning Fist stuns at first level, but it has a use per day limit, whereas Sucker Punch does not.

This is the Gangster for the community setting / system of Americanapunk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176818). This system is E8ish, with possibly three starting talents, a talent being gained at every odd level, and a talent being improved at every level. Take that into account when balancing.