PDA

View Full Version : Incantatrix Early Entry

Desril
2010-12-21, 04:25 PM
I doubt my GM would allow it, so this is really more of an exorcise in futility and boredom, but how would one go about meeting the requirements for becoming an Incantatrix prior to level 5? Casting 3rd level spells is easy enough to do before then, but I can't figure out how to get around needing to have 8 ranks in 2 skills, so I've come to the playground to seek help.

I found one method that involves something along the lines of polymorphing and using a spell to transfer the extra skill points over, but I would prefer something that can be done without the aid of NPCs, something I can do from feats/abilities alone if possible.

Tyndmyr
2010-12-21, 04:28 PM
Well, there's the Dusk Giant trick. That's really the only thing that'll get you the extra skills.

It's sufficiently cheesy that it's unlikely any DM will allow it for early entry to Incantatrix.

Bakkan
2010-12-21, 04:30 PM
Two feats, Primary Contact and Favored, from Cityscape, together allow you to have one more than the maximum ranks in one skill. It only works on a single skill, and there is some debate on whether it would allow you to continue to have more than the maximum on later levels. I doubt it would work in your case, but I throw it out there just in case there's someone here cleverer than I.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-12-21, 04:33 PM
Inspire Greatness will net you extra HD, if only temporarily. Up to four of them, too. Use Psychic Reformation to shuffle your skill points around. Sanctum Spell, Earth Spell, and similar shenanigans can help you bypass the spell level requirements.

Tael
2010-12-21, 04:36 PM
There's a feat in Cityscape that gives you 1 rank in a skill, and then there's always using Inspire Greatness just before you level up or use psychic reformation.