PDA

View Full Version : Build Concept: Half-Orc Pseudo-Battlerager <3.5>

Tokuhara
2010-12-22, 12:02 PM
Thinking weirdly, Barbarian is a very powerful class in many ways, being clearly the best non-ToB melee fighter, thanks solely to his Rage.

So, focusing on Rage and Rage-Boosts, here's the loose version of the build:

Race: Frostblood Half-Orc (Mostly because of the Cold 10 resistance)
Class: Barbarian (Racial Sub) 4/Half-Orc Paragon 3/Berserk (Deities and Demigods) 4/Orc Paragon 3/Bear Warrior 3/Barbarian (Racial Substitution) 3

External Feats: Dwarven Armor, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Dwarven Waraxe)
Equipment: Bearskin Interlocking Scale Armor, Buckler-Axe, Dwarven Waraxe

The reason: He was raised by Dwarves, but I saw that Half-Orc had better stat bonuses

Keld Denar
2010-12-22, 12:13 PM
You need some way to get +Con to AC. The two ways to do this are Fist of the Forest and Deepwarden. You could do both. Deepwarden is Dorf only, so you'd need 3 levels of Stoneblessed(Dorf).

Barbarian1/Half-OrcParagon1/Stoneblessed3/Deepwarden2/BearWarrior1/Warshaper4/Half-OrcParagon+2/OrcParagon3/DwarfParagon3

LOL, that gives you a MASSIVE Con score so you can rage all day. Get Whirling Frenzy from Barb, Rage from HOP, Bear Rage from Bear Warrior. Best thing, if you take Extra Rage, you get +2 uses of EACH of your rage abilities, so you'd get a lot of boosts.

I'd try to swing a 15 Cha, if you can, and nab Immediate Rage + Intimidating Rage + Imperious Command + Never Outnumbered skill trick. Its like Barbarian Celerity, since everyone around you gets intimidated, and when they do, they cower and lose their turn. Since you have several different types of rage, you can activate them one at a time to disable your foe for several rounds.

MOAR RAGE THAN YOUR BUILD HAS ROOM FOR!!!!

Tokuhara
2010-12-22, 01:41 PM
You need some way to get +Con to AC. The two ways to do this are Fist of the Forest and Deepwarden. You could do both. Deepwarden is Dorf only, so you'd need 3 levels of Stoneblessed(Dorf).

Barbarian1/Half-OrcParagon1/Stoneblessed3/Deepwarden2/BearWarrior1/Warshaper4/Half-OrcParagon+2/OrcParagon3/DwarfParagon3

LOL, that gives you a MASSIVE Con score so you can rage all day. Get Whirling Frenzy from Barb, Rage from HOP, Bear Rage from Bear Warrior. Best thing, if you take Extra Rage, you get +2 uses of EACH of your rage abilities, so you'd get a lot of boosts.

I'd try to swing a 15 Cha, if you can, and nab Immediate Rage + Intimidating Rage + Imperious Command + Never Outnumbered skill trick. Its like Barbarian Celerity, since everyone around you gets intimidated, and when they do, they cower and lose their turn. Since you have several different types of rage, you can activate them one at a time to disable your foe for several rounds.

MOAR RAGE THAN YOUR BUILD HAS ROOM FOR!!!!

Love your way of this build, minus Im taking Berserk instead of Warshaper (DM banned it, thanks to me abusing it with a druid) Amusing how he would be able to ignore the "max of 2 paragons only" rule. Overall, fricken sweet

Keld Denar
2010-12-22, 01:55 PM
Yea, Dwarf Paragon is solid gold. Full BAB, decent skill list, and +2 Con at the end of 3 levels. With Deepwarden, thats also +1 AC, to say nothing of the HP.

If you aren't doing Warshaper, I'd drop the Bear Warrior too. 3 levels of Fist of the Forest would give you Con to AC again (double Con to AC means your AC goes UP when you rage!). If you wield an Orc Double Axe, you can attack with one end of it 2-handed. While doing this, you can use the Flurry of Strikes trick of Exotic Weapon Master to glean an extra attack per round (on top of Whirling Frenzy). With 6-7 attacks with a 2handed weapon, you should be able to reduce most things to a fine red mist, but if thats not enough, you could always put Wounding on one end. 6-7 Con damage per round is very brutal. The other end of the axe can be your utility end, possibly with Bane Undead + Sacred or similar enchants to deal with things that are immune to Wounding.

O_Y
2010-12-22, 02:10 PM
Berserk's a bad deal. It takes a standard action to activate its rage - that's a whole round of smashing you miss out on.

Unless you're just trying to stack as many Rage Variants as possible, extra Barbarian levels are almost always better. Especially with the Streetfighter (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) ACF.

Tokuhara
2010-12-22, 02:46 PM
again, warshaper is banned, So I cannot take it. The berserker doesnt seem too bad, minus the crappy version of Rage it gets. And I am kinda stuck with Berserker, since DM said you have to use a "crap" PrC in your builds

Urpriest
2010-12-22, 03:01 PM
again, warshaper is banned, So I cannot take it. The berserker doesnt seem too bad, minus the crappy version of Rage it gets. And I am kinda stuck with Berserker, since DM said you have to use a "crap" PrC in your builds

What does he qualify as a "crap" PrC though? Stoneblessed is actually pretty crappy on its own.

Tokuhara
2010-12-22, 03:14 PM
What does he qualify as a "crap" PrC though? Stoneblessed is actually pretty crappy on its own.

a PrC that's hard/neigh impossible to optimize. Plus, I love the flavor of a Beserker

Keld Denar
2010-12-22, 03:22 PM
Plus, you can make obscure Clerks references when you rage.

DO YOU WANT TO MAKING F*** BERZERKER!!!!
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS TICKING CLOCK BERZERKER!!!!

Tokuhara
2010-12-22, 03:30 PM
Plus, you can make obscure Clerks references when you rage.

DO YOU WANT TO MAKING F*** BERZERKER!!!!
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS TICKING CLOCK BERZERKER!!!!

Never watched Clerks... I was gonna make Hulk references

Keld Denar
2010-12-22, 03:34 PM
Never watched Clerks...

BLASPHEMY!!! BURN THE HERETIC!!!! BUUUURRRNNNNN HIM!!!!!!

There is a band called Berzerker that is referenced a couple times in the movie. They are a crazy scandanavian death metal band. Think In Flames, but with worse english and more screaming. Oh, and 10x loudness.

Tokuhara
2010-12-22, 04:57 PM
BLASPHEMY!!! BURN THE HERETIC!!!! BUUUURRRNNNNN HIM!!!!!!

There is a band called Berzerker that is referenced a couple times in the movie. They are a crazy scandanavian death metal band. Think In Flames, but with worse english and more screaming. Oh, and 10x loudness.

Okay..... So I make veiled references to a band from a movie none of us have seen?

Gnorman
2010-12-23, 06:01 AM
Okay..... So I make veiled references to a band from a movie none of us have seen?

... yeeeeesss...?

Greenish
2010-12-23, 08:22 AM
They are a crazy scandanavian death metal band.They and a million others. Must be something in the water.

MonarchAnarch
2010-12-23, 09:27 AM

Take 92 minutes and enjoy this fantasticly bold film that Kevin Smith made out of his own pocket to launch his career. It is rated R, so if any of you are under 17, wait until your old enough.

Tokuhara
2010-12-23, 10:38 AM
Talked to my DM last night with the original build and he did approve it, only because he loved the concept of a Racially Confused Half-Orc. However, I was told I have to fight like dwarves in his world fight, which means "axe/hammer and board." He did allow me to use the Buckler-Axe, so Im kinda TWFing.