PDA

View Full Version : Oriental Necromancers....A D20 Rokugan RAW question...

Maho-Tsukai
2010-12-22, 02:00 PM
In D20 Rokugan Sorcerers and Shugenja(the only casters in the setting) can learn spells from the Maho list from scrolls/wirtten texts. However, while due to the setting only sorcerers and shugenjas can do this, a part of the rules text seems to include a phrase that condridicts the "Sorc/Shugenja only" RAI. It says that shugenjas, sorceres and "other adapts" can cast other spells. Since the phrase "other adapts" did not say "and adapts" the wording dose not specificly apply to only the adapt NPC class and thus it makes me wonder if, by RAW, wizards, Wu-Jen and other fullcasters can learn Maho spells in the same maner provided the D20 Rokugan rule was in effect in a game.(Since 3.5e dose not have this rule....only D20 Rokugan dose.) So while wizards and wu-jen may not exsist in Rokugan in an OA setting or even a 3.5e game which had an "eastarn land" if the D20 Rokugan Maho learning rule was in place dose this RAW mean that an oriental wizard(or Wu-Jen) could learn Maho spells from scrolls like a wizard or sorc could? I would like some clarification on this.

Kyuu Himura
2010-12-22, 02:06 PM
Yes, anyone can learn maho provided they are willing and able to be Fu Leng's bitches. That's RAW and RAI, it's powerfull and you only have to pay him your soul

The Big Dice
2010-12-22, 07:10 PM
Yes, anyone can learn maho provided they are willing and able to be Fu Leng's bitches. That's RAW and RAI, it's powerfull and you only have to pay him your soul

I don't know exactly how it works in the OA/Rokugan D20 stuff, but in L5R anyone can learn maho means literally anyone. You don't need tobe a caster to learn it, you just need to be willing to pay the price.Or, like Iuchiban, to arrogant to think that your efforts serve Fu Leng.