PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXVI

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

iElf
2010-12-25, 03:51 PM
The door to Trog's open, letting a hooded fellow equipped with both a sheated sword and the shadowy atmosphere of someone most people would avoid meeting in a dimly lit alley.

The creature completely ignore the NPCs who think such and sits down next to Din, ordering a Dragon's Fire Breath with cautious anticipation.

Yeah, it seems the dark atmosphere was just the vibe Friend gives off when wearing a bloostained shirt and all. Who knew?

He turns to Din

"Greetings"

Din shivers a little "hello...i'm Din hylia...and your shirt is bloody"

Recaiden
2010-12-25, 04:25 PM
"-but maybe you're right. I really don't know this place. Maybe there are things so bad here." Alex shivers.

iElf
2010-12-25, 04:26 PM
"-but maybe you're right. I really don't know this place. Maybe there are things so bad here." Alex shivers.

Din smiles "...some things are...but the good things are even better"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-25, 04:32 PM
"Pleasure to meet you, Din Hylia. I am known as Friend, although I have yet to be given a name"

Friend looks at his shirt

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that, is it harmful to the fabric?"

Only in the Nexus do you meet someone more concerned with blood's effect on their laundry than the reason it's there.

iElf
2010-12-25, 04:33 PM
"Pleasure to meet you, Din Hylia. I am known as Friend, although I have yet to be given a name"

Friend looks at his shirt

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that, is it harmful to the fabric?"

Only in the Nexus do you meet someone more concerned with blood's effect on their laundry than the reason it's there.

Din shivers some more "no...but...who did it belong to?"

Recaiden
2010-12-25, 04:34 PM
Alex laughs. "You don't even have any real islands here. Now, the blood can leave a bad stain in the fabric."

iElf
2010-12-25, 04:35 PM
Alex laughs. "You don't even have any real islands here. Now, the blood can leave a bad stain in the fabric."

Din grins "we do...they're just a bitch to get to"

Recaiden
2010-12-25, 04:42 PM
"Oh? I haven't seen any. There's only clouds up there."
Alex waves at the ceiling quickly and then her face falls.
"Oh. You mean water-islands, don't you? :smallsigh:"

iElf
2010-12-25, 04:46 PM
"Oh? I haven't seen any. There's only clouds up there."
Alex waves at the ceiling quickly and then her face falls.
"Oh. You mean water-islands, don't you? :smallsigh:"

Din nods "but if you mean air islands....I've been to one before"

Recaiden
2010-12-25, 04:49 PM
"Of course I do. Are there any around here?"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-25, 04:50 PM
Friend tries to get the blood off unsuccessfully

"Mayhap I should just see to ask about a fresher piece a that store that seems to sell robes and cloth"

He say to Alex, then looking confusedy at Dinand deapanly say

"From a being that doesn't have a name in a place that no longer exist an in a life I no longer live."

Then sarcastically add

"Simple"

iElf
2010-12-25, 04:51 PM
"Of course I do. Are there any around here?"

Din nods "about 150 km west of here. hidden in the clouds. a big floating tree holding up some ruins in it's roots"

Recaiden
2010-12-25, 04:54 PM
Alex jumps up from her seat, nearly spilling her glass.
"Great. You want to come along? Say, what's a 'km'?"

iElf
2010-12-25, 04:57 PM
Alex jumps up from her seat, nearly spilling her glass.
"Great. You want to come along? Say, what's a 'km'?"

"a kilometre. about 2 thirds of a mile .... and...why not?" she gets up

Recaiden
2010-12-25, 05:00 PM
"Hooray! What's a mile?" Alex starts walking along to the door.

iElf
2010-12-25, 05:03 PM
"Hooray! What's a mile?" Alex starts walking along to the door.

Din sighs "about the distance you can walk in 20 minutes"

Recaiden
2010-12-25, 05:06 PM
"Oh, so like a third of a league. Thanks. It shouldn't be far to where I've got the glider. Just a bit of a climb up there, and then we can get to the place. Use up a lot of clouds even with pedaling, but for a real island..."
She turns and smiles to Din.

iElf
2010-12-25, 05:15 PM
"Oh, so like a third of a league. Thanks. It shouldn't be far to where I've got the glider. Just a bit of a climb up there, and then we can get to the place. Use up a lot of clouds even with pedaling, but for a real island..."
She turns and smiles to Din.

Din smiles "um....how many people can you take with you?"

Recaiden
2010-12-25, 05:18 PM
"One. Maybe two, if they're small. C'mon!"

iElf
2010-12-25, 05:19 PM
"One. Maybe two, if they're small. C'mon!"

Din smiles, and sets out to follow him

Recaiden
2010-12-25, 05:22 PM
Alex (for Alexis, female), will lead Din out and up to a tall building in the random locations thread.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-25, 05:29 PM
A middle-aged goblin enters the tavern followed by a young blond man, they are both awfully quiet, at least until the goblin speaks up. "Well, we should start looking around I guess, you sure you didn't want to go with Faith next time John?"

"...no, it's okay Ligz, I, uh..."

The goblin sigh. "Alright, the cult of Dalachrech, shouldn't be too hard to find, I have heard they come to the tavern from time to time. Just keep your eyes open boy, be open."

"I'm open, don't worry."
"We aren't going to pretend to want to join the cult right, because thats totally-"

"No! We are just carefully going to ask for an interview, nothing else, geez, aren't you young kids supposed the initiative takers?"

"Sorry..." He mumbles in responds as the both reporters turn their attention to the tavern around them in search for followers of Dalachrech.

Sitting in the corner, watching the goblin and the human, sits a pair. Not a fruit, rather a young male human with brown hair and green eyes wearing a suit of chainmail and a red tabard and a male gnome whose age is hard to determine. The reason why it is hard to determine is because of what he wears; a pale blue silk shirt, lime-green pantaloons, a red velvet waistcoat and a purple cloak with yellow tassels. Plus, a black hat with a foot-long white feather in it. They might be clerics of Dalachrech; the silver amulets depicting a two-tailed scorpion around their necks say they might be, but are easily overlooked, especially with the gnome's clothing choice. Less subtle are the large, black two-tailed scorpion device on the human's red tabard and the same symbol on the gnome's brilliantly polished brass buttons.

Jacklu
2010-12-25, 05:32 PM
"Yeah, I'm Zee. Or Ezekiel if you feel like using my full name. But only my grandmother does that!" the barmaid replies cheerfully as she dislodges Avatar from her head and plops him down on the counter.

"You are a kitty!" the mini-Chimera announces to the kitten.

Zee gives Avatar a rather odd look. He's acting weird. Weirder than normal. And that's saying quite a bit.

"Traveled... heh. Yeah, you could say that. I got hit by a truck, wound up in a coma, and suddenly found myself here," she gestures to the tavern at large. Then wrinkles her nose. "Well... over there, actually."

Points at a spot over by the fire place.

"On top of an E-Z Boy recliner. It was pretty odd."

"I lived in her head! There were many adventures!" Avatar adds.

The kitten regards Avatar, it's ears folded back and the fur on it's back on end. It seems unhappy with the turns of events that led it to this tavern and jut about everything that followed.

Luna smiles warmly at Zee while brushing her hands through her hair again, trying in vain to get the frizzled mess to behave. It continues to fizzle as well.

Ah, a near death transfer. Those happen a lot in Nexuses. At least the ones I've been to. Nexuses tend to be fun if only for the fact that being unusual serves to blend in better.

She glances at Avatar.

In your mind? A parasite? Or a fractured personality trait... Maybe a...

Shadowcaller
2010-12-25, 05:51 PM
Sitting in the corner, watching the goblin and the human, sits a pair. Not a fruit, rather a young male human with brown hair and green eyes wearing a suit of chainmail and a red tabard and a male gnome whose age is hard to determine. The reason why it is hard to determine is because of what he wears; a pale blue silk shirt, lime-green pantaloons, a red velvet waistcoat and a purple cloak with yellow tassels. Plus, a black hat with a foot-long white feather in it. They might be clerics of Dalachrech; the silver amulets depicting a two-tailed scorpion around their necks say they might be, but are easily overlooked, especially with the gnome's clothing choice. Less subtle are the large, black two-tailed scorpion device on the human's red tabard and the same symbol on the gnome's brilliantly polished brass buttons.

The reporters are watching the tavern quite attentively, even as the goblin have got a few drinks into him by now. Nothing to get him too intoxicated however as he seems to spot the pair first.

He waits until his companion looks at him again and gives a slight nod over to the pair.

After a while he seems to decide to walk over to the table the pair sits by, but stands a respectable distance from them. "Hey friends, you don't happen to know where I might be able to find clerics of Dalachrech do you? I'm from the Nexus Herald you see and I like to have an interview with one from their group." The goblin says with a flashing white grin.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-25, 05:57 PM
"Will a pair of clerics do? I'm Jorje Hargonnen, and this is Harold Spritesson." This is the human talking, as the gnome is drinking a tomato juice. Also, lying on the table is a wooden club enscribed with mystic runes, and the gnome has several daggers hidden masterfully upon him. Since most of the daggers are magical, they are quite easy to spot if one can detect magic. Except for two magic daggers hidden in a pocket warded against magical detection.

Murkus
2010-12-25, 06:02 PM
"Yeah. You treat me better than he did, by a lot." Xifra says, turning her glass in her hand without looking up through another long silence.

"That ring? He didn't give it to me. He gave it to our middle sister."

Jack nods, setting his drink down and placidly lacing his fingers together. "And how'd you get attached to it, then?"

Also, he gives Moff and the Moffs a wave as they continue to play.

happyturtle
2010-12-25, 06:06 PM
"I stole it from her, then pretended it was mine. That he'd actually made something for me," Xifra says with a bitter tone, meeting Jack's eyes as if to dare him to tell her how pathetic she was for that.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-25, 06:23 PM
"Will a pair of clerics do? I'm Jorje Hargonnen, and this is Harold Spritesson." This is the human talking, as the gnome is drinking a tomato juice. Also, lying on the table is a wooden club enscribed with mystic runes, and the gnome has several daggers hidden masterfully upon him. Since most of the daggers are magical, they are quite easy to spot if one can detect magic. Except for two magic daggers hidden in a pocket warded against magical detection.

"Ah, most excellent, a pleasure to meet you. I'm Ligz Gadgethan." The goblin don't have any magical detection devices on him, nor have the human he is poiting to now. "And this is my fellow reporter John Lewis." The human gets off the table and carefully approaches the two clerics, worryingly eying the weapons they present.

"Uh, hello there." The reporter says with a wave.

Before he gets a chance to say anything else, the goblin takes the word again "Now when introductions are over, would you mind if I had a short interview concerning your religion friends?" He says with a smile, not getting any closer the the clerics table thought.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-25, 06:34 PM
"Oh, of course you can. I'll move my club." Jorje will pick his club up and clip it back on to his belt.
"We don't bite, you can get closer." Harold has stopped drinking his tomato juice.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-25, 06:48 PM
John laughs nervously. "Of course you don't. Sorry, I'm just not used to weapons."

The goblin laughs a bit as well and takes a seat, John quickly following his example. "Yeah, don't worry about the boy, he's just new, thats all." He pauses and grins at the two clerics.

"So first of all, mind telling us who this 'Dalachrech' is?"

Murkus
2010-12-25, 06:53 PM
"I stole it from her, then pretended it was mine. That he'd actually made something for me," Xifra says with a bitter tone, meeting Jack's eyes as if to dare him to tell her how pathetic she was for that.

For the span of a moment or two, Jack is silent. He just looks at her, seemingly at a loss. "Xifra, you never got a real gift before, did you?"

Rebonack
2010-12-25, 06:53 PM
The kitten regards Avatar, it's ears folded back and the fur on it's back on end. It seems unhappy with the turns of events that led it to this tavern and jut about everything that followed.

Luna smiles warmly at Zee while brushing her hands through her hair again, trying in vain to get the frizzled mess to behave. It continues to fizzle as well.

Ah, a near death transfer. Those happen a lot in Nexuses. At least the ones I've been to. Nexuses tend to be fun if only for the fact that being unusual serves to blend in better.

She glances at Avatar.

In your mind? A parasite? Or a fractured personality trait... Maybe a...

"He's a fragment of a Primordial from the Far Realms, Ragnnora the Mother of Monsters," Zee offers. "I was only here in the Nexus for a few days before I got implanted with him. The idea was to use me to create a foot-hold for Ragnnora here so she could 'adopt' the Nexus."

Which would have been bad had it worked out.

"Adopt is like eating, but makes a nicer sound!" Avatar interjects.

"I'm a worshiper of the Creator of my home realm. Apparently Ragnnora hadn't encountered divine love before in such an intimate way. It ended up being enough to 'mutate' her fragment. He evolved to adapt to this new power source and the rest of Ragnnora severed him."

Avatar is presently upside-down, fingers laced between his toes as he rocks back and forth. "Mother is not liking my smells! That made lots of sad, but extra friends are for the happy!"

Zee eyes Avatar a bit longer. "...anyway. I've been trying to figure out how to turn off the super power I got when I first came to the Nexus. I need it deactivated so I can get rid of a stupid curse."

Earl of Purple
2010-12-25, 07:02 PM
"Dalachrech is the Lord of Invertebrates, and He is an important diety, preventing locusts from eating the crops, controlling the mosquitoes to prevent plagues and epidemics and ensuring that plants are fertilised to produce fruit and seed for other animals to eat. Without invertebrates, vertebrate life could not exist, yet without vertebrates most invertebrates would not even notice." Dalachrech nearly has the title 'Lord of All Invertebrates', but there's a devil Lord of the Flies and another demon, the Queen of Spiders, prevent that.

happyturtle
2010-12-25, 07:03 PM
For the span of a moment or two, Jack is silent. He just looks at her, seemingly at a loss. "Xifra, you never got a real gift before, did you?"

She shakes her head no, and sips at her drink.

Murkus
2010-12-25, 07:15 PM
Jack leans forward a little, and smiles in a normal-looking fashion, trying to be cheerful. She is making it a bit difficult, and not without good reason. "Then you've probably never been asked this before. What do you want for Thanksmas?"

happyturtle
2010-12-25, 07:24 PM
Xifra looks stunned, then a little scared. The words go through her mind: Please don't hurt me. Please don't forget me.

"I... I don't know. Something small? That I can keep with me?" And hold onto and treasure for always, the way she had treasured the stolen ring.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-25, 07:25 PM
"Dalachrech is the Lord of Invertebrates, and He is an important diety, preventing locusts from eating the crops, controlling the mosquitoes to prevent plagues and epidemics and ensuring that plants are fertilised to produce fruit and seed for other animals to eat. Without invertebrates, vertebrate life could not exist, yet without vertebrates most invertebrates would not even notice." Dalachrech nearly has the title 'Lord of All Invertebrates', but there's a devil Lord of the Flies and another demon, the Queen of Spiders, prevent that.

"Ah, I see." The goblin says with a nod. "But he is only one of many deities within your universe then?" The goblin asks the cleric curiously.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-25, 07:40 PM
"Oh, yes. Well, sort of. Most of His worshippers were killed by an apocalypse, and the sole survivor managed to find his way here. All of the current clerics of Dalachrech were recruited by Terrowin, the high priest and the only survivor of his homeworld. Fortunately, whilst the plane upon which His followers dwelt was destroyed, He dwells elsewhere and was thus able to survive." Meaning that the entire Cult of Dalachrech is in the Nexus.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-25, 07:56 PM
"Most interesting." The goblin replies as he looks for a drink that isn't there. He frowns but continues, smiling once again. "So how does one worship Dalachrech exactly? And what role did he have in this old world of yours?"

Earl of Purple
2010-12-25, 08:07 PM
"Oh, not our world. We're both Nexus born and bred. Terrowin, the High Priest, is from Dalachrech's original homeworld." Harold is smiling, as though it's mildly amusing.
"Dalachrech indirectly kept the land fertile, the crops successful, the oceans productive, and the swamps disease free." More accurately, when somebody powerful really annoyed him, he sent plagues of locusts, mosquitoes, etc at them.
"I imagine we worship Him in a similar way to anybody else worshipping their diety; praying, either in a temple or out of it. In a temple, it is usually accompanied by a surmon, led by a cleric, and the service is in the language which Dalachrech's minions speak." Which happens to be Abyssal.

Murkus
2010-12-25, 08:11 PM
Xifra looks stunned, then a little scared. The words go through her mind: Please don't hurt me. Please don't forget me.

"I... I don't know. Something small? That I can keep with me?" And hold onto and treasure for always, the way she had treasured the stolen ring.

He raises a thumb, still smiling, and flips a tiny metal coin at her. A gold piece. But a strange one. (http://theholders.org/?The_Holder_of_Trade) It is strange, but the strangest thing is not the elven face or the ancient, runic markings. It is almost supernaturally fascinating to look upon, a beautiful little thing.

"I've had that a long time." Jack says, grinning and watching her reaction. There's a broken, quiet reluctance somewhere in his look as well. This little coin has been very important to him."I know it's not much. If you don't like it, I'll happily get some jewels or something."

Jacklu
2010-12-25, 08:25 PM
Luna listens, showing interest in the tale, then ponders Zee's dilemma.

Might I ask how you got your powers?

Shadowcaller
2010-12-25, 08:27 PM
"Oh, not our world. We're both Nexus born and bred. Terrowin, the High Priest, is from Dalachrech's original homeworld." Harold is smiling, as though it's mildly amusing.
"Dalachrech indirectly kept the land fertile, the crops successful, the oceans productive, and the swamps disease free." More accurately, when somebody powerful really annoyed him, he sent plagues of locusts, mosquitoes, etc at them.
"I imagine we worship Him in a similar way to anybody else worshipping their diety; praying, either in a temple or out of it. In a temple, it is usually accompanied by a surmon, led by a cleric, and the service is in the language which Dalachrech's minions speak." Which happens to be Abyssal.

"Sounds rather useful." The goblin comments, rubbing his chin as the cleric speaks. "So how many are you within the nexus right now? And what is your opinion about other religions?"

Rebonack
2010-12-25, 08:36 PM
"Eerr... well..." Zee just absently rubs the back of her head for a few moments. "I just sort of decided that they would be neat to have. Since I thought that I was dreaming. And since I thought I was dreaming I figured that I could do whatever I wanted. So then poof! Super power."

She tosses her hands up in the air at 'poof!'

Avatar, meanwhile, hops off the counter with a "Me mir rawr mar!" and goes bouncing across the tavern floor to find something to meddle with. No doubt hilarious antics will soon be had.

"I chose the ability to manipulate living things at the bio-molecular level. The problem is that this stupid curse made me all demony and tainted my life-shaping. So every time I've tried to get rid of the demon-y-ness my life-shaping just warps the demon-y-ness back again."

Earl of Purple
2010-12-25, 08:37 PM
"Erm, Terrowin, Elezibethele, me, Jorje, Defelent, Gertrude, Azurelle, Lauretta, and Howard makes nine clerics. I don't know how many people attend the surmons because I don't count and there can be different people each time." Destur (because I have no idea why I used the name Harold earlier when the gnome is Destur and the human Jorje) counts the names off on his fingers.
"We respect the religions of others for as long as they respect ours. Religious freedom is important, but we are perfectly happy with our choice and anybody trying to convince us otherwise is disrespecting our personal religious choice and therefore aren't respecting our religion." Basically, if somebody insults their religion, or tries to convert them, the clerics will insult the religion of the other party back.

happyturtle
2010-12-25, 08:43 PM
He raises a thumb, still smiling, and flips a tiny metal coin at her. A gold piece. But a strange one. (http://theholders.org/?The_Holder_of_Trade) It is strange, but the strangest thing is not the elven face or the ancient, runic markings. It is almost supernaturally fascinating to look upon, a beautiful little thing.

"I've had that a long time." Jack says, grinning and watching her reaction. There's a broken, quiet reluctance somewhere in his look as well. This little coin has been very important to him."I know it's not much. If you don't like it, I'll happily get some jewels or something."

Xifra looks as awed and delighted as if she'd been given the crown jewels. In fact, tears are coming to her eyes. "Thank you."

Jacklu
2010-12-25, 08:53 PM
Luna is quiet for a long moment. She pulls the kitten close to herself and pets it.

You might not like this suggestion, but... Maybe you could try re-entering. Go elsewhere and re-create your method of entry, then fix the problem once you pop back here.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-25, 08:55 PM
"Makes sense." Ligz makes another comment as his finger is making circles in the table, slowly glancing up at the clerics, smiling a bit. "So what is your relation with the empire? Your primary folk of converts are within inside after all right? You too must have had problems with the recent vampire troubled right?"

((Deadtime))

Earl of Purple
2010-12-25, 09:03 PM
"We did not have as much problems as some. Our Temple is not in the slums, but nevertheless we supplied holy water and holy symbols to the poor, often at prices below the fraudsters. Most of Dalachrech's followers are Inside, yes. However, we also have a hermitage Outside the Empire's borders and we are looking at expanding into Riverside. Our relationship with the Empire is... Non existent, to be honest. We do our best during times of crisis; all the clerics healed wounded after the crash of the Haven, and as mentioned, we helped the poor people in the slums fight the vampires. Other than that, we have had no contact with the Empire. I'm not even sure if they know where our Temple is." The temple's well hidden.

And, also Deadtime here, too.

Rebonack
2010-12-25, 09:38 PM
The kitten that doesn't seem to want to be here?

Did Moth get turned into a kitten?

'cuz if so that's terrible!

Why would anyone want to be stuck as something as vile and evil as a cat! They try to end the universe and stuff!

*ahem*

"Back? I'm honestly not sure how I would do that," Zee admits. "And getting hit by a truck again would be... well... There's no telling if I would get coma'ed or just die."

She ponders this for a few moments. "If... If I somehow woke up back home... Would I even remember everything that happened here?"

Falgorn
2010-12-25, 09:39 PM
Shas'La sits at a table, silently polishing his golden helmet. It was a standard practice for him, before and after every battle, he would polish his helmet and practice firing his gun. Like his mother and father had taught him. And theirs before that.

Jacklu
2010-12-25, 10:35 PM
That, or it is a kitten and doesn't like noisy bars filled with horrible monsters. One of those two, most likely.

I guess that depends on how deeply you think this is actually a dream.

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 12:48 AM
"Well... I know that this place isn't a dream to everyone else," Zee admits with a shrug. "It's really real to the people that aren't me. And... I'm pretty certain it's at least sort of real to me as well."

She ponders this a while.

How would she get home?

Maybe...

"Avatar might be able to help me with the getting home part. Not sure about the getting back..."

"Mee mah, I move things in extra directions!" Avatar announces before pouncing on a random mouse from an angle perpendicular to reality. The poor animal squeals in terror moments before getting a face full of teeth.

Om nom nom!

Murkus
2010-12-26, 12:49 AM
Xifra looks as awed and delighted as if she'd been given the crown jewels. In fact, tears are coming to her eyes. "Thank you."

Jack sits and studies, a human grin creasing his face. "You're welcome." He pauses, then adds, "Keep that safe. It's older than me, and more... important than it looks."

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 01:01 AM
Xifra reaches across the table and tries to take Jack's hand. She's really speechless at the moment.

Murkus
2010-12-26, 01:14 AM
The hand is taken, Jack giving hers a squeeze. After what I'm sure is a more comfortable moment of silence, Jack says, "Y'know, I think we're forgetting something..." One end of his mouth is still quirked up in a smile. "You, uh, still hungry?"

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 01:20 AM
Xifra laughs. "Starving, actually." She's feeling a lot happier now. Except for that moment when Jack threatened to wipe her mind, he wasn't doing anything frightening or manipulative. Jon's warnings were obviously meaningless. Jack might be dangerous and unsettling, and live in the scariest house ever, but he clearly was just a normal person underneath it all, and he seemed to care about her. Everything was going to be alright. She was sure of it.

Murkus
2010-12-26, 01:32 AM
You see, it's ironic because she's thinking this while wearing a murdered woman's dress. Of course, she'll be so mind-warped by the time she finds out the true extent of his worst aspects, it probably won't matter.

"Well, what'd you want?" He glances at the menus, flipping them open with his free hand. "I can never decide, at this place. I don't need to eat though, so it doesn't really matter."

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 01:42 AM
"The roast lamb is good," Xifra says. And after Cosmo takes her order, and Jack's if he chooses to eat, she grins at Jack. "I'd like to get you a gift for Thanksmas." Then she leans over to whisper conspiratorially. "See anything in here you want?" :smallamused:

Murkus
2010-12-26, 01:54 AM
Jack probably orders some roast lamb too, then. He grins at her again, eyes glinting like the coin he just gave her. Underneath, he's a little surprised by Xifra being so forward. But also pleased at her social progression, for more reasons than one. "Oh, I see a gift, but I'd like to get it out of the wrapper if I can." :smallamused:

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 02:09 AM
Xifra looks confused for a moment, then embarrassed when she realizes what he meant. >.< "I meant something I could steal for you." But then she giggles, her momentary embarrassment overcome by being rather pleased at his interest.

Murkus
2010-12-26, 02:16 AM
Jack clasps his hands over his chest, giving her a hugely melodramatic smile. The grey man just manages to keep a straight face. "But you've already stolen my heart."

He sets his hands on the table again. "Seriously, though, you don't have to do anything like that." He glances around, thinking. "Though I suppose it couldn't hurt..."

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 02:33 AM
Xifra laughs at his performance, but not without an inner pang that she tries to hide. She doesn't want to think about love being on the table. She doesn't like to think of what the mere possibility of that might lead her to do.

Of course she's really rotten at hiding her feelings. One does not develop a poker face without practice, and she's never needed it.

"Okay, then I won't." She tries to think of a way to change the subject. "What happened when you were gone?"

Ninja edit. :smalltongue:

She glances around to see if anyone at the tavern has anything interesting or valuable openly displayed.

Murkus
2010-12-26, 02:42 AM
Jack reads her like a book, then, in all likelihood. Though he can't quite read her thoughts, so I doubt he knows the exact origin of her brief pang.

And, since it'd probably be more interesting, I suppose we should wait until more folks are online.

celtois
2010-12-26, 02:47 AM
... Is online.

Though I wouldn't recommend stealing from Xavier. Being that he is himself a master thief.

He is polishing his gun at the moment. Getting it ready for the Assassins he's expecting.

To be fair though . Xavier does have a fair sized purse, openly displayed. And that gun looks almost priceless. Being that it is.

______

As for possible marks. Well there is always.... erm. Well actually most of my characters aren't that rich. Flounders.

Yeah. so useless post is useless.

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 02:49 AM
Being a master thief wouldn't necessarily help. The question is would he be able to notice her through her psychic aura that stops people from being able to see or hear her.

Though right now, since Jack is noticing her, she is noticeable. Odd little side effect that. If she wanted to steal, Jack would have to either completely ignore her, or leave the room.

Murkus
2010-12-26, 02:51 AM
Well, seeing how Jack doesn't care much for money, and doesn't want Xifra to try stealing from someone who is polishing their sidearm in a tavern, I suppose that doesn't really work.

celtois
2010-12-26, 03:05 AM
Yeah I noted that whilst posting. That's when I came to the realization that most of my characters are dirt broke. Or bad choices

Xavier: He's got money. Bad target though. Master thief and looks dangerous
Ana: Only got the clothes on her back
Alexis: Most of her wealth goes to helping the needy
Coralie: Might have wealth. But more likely isn't that concerned with cash or the pursuit of it.
TN: Fair bit of wealth and magical item cache. Doesn't really go out in public
Lily: Her wealthy is. Measured in parts of souls. Though she keeps some interesting art objects on her. Still not in the tavern.

So really my post was pointless.

Whether he notices her is less of a deal then what's in the fake purse. Also if he notices it being lifted. Just from the change in feeling.

...*Polish Polish*

Is it just a trick of the light or is Xavier staring really intently at Jack. As if sizing him up. :smallconfused:

Murkus
2010-12-26, 03:09 AM
Jake grins and knocks the man a cheeky two-fingered salute off the side of his forehead, noticing said staring.

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 03:15 AM
Mostly Xifra prefers to steal magic items anyway. She's never had a use for money before.

The two Sunday roasts are brought out. Roast lamb, with yorkshire pudding (which is actually a bread type thing, and nothing at all like pudding) and gravy and green beans and mashed potatoes. Traditional British fare, and quite yummy, if a bit overdone with the starch.

Xifra was rather hungry, so she'll be a while eating before pausing to talk again. But eventually she'll get around to asking the ninja'd out question. "So what happened while you were gone?"

celtois
2010-12-26, 03:15 AM
Xavier will flash Jack a wide grin in return. Before re-holstering his gun. He'll start to walk over to Jack slowly. Before speaking. The tone in his voice suggests he's speaking in a sort of jest "So, the word around town is that while I've been gone you've taken my reputation of an un-killable bastard. Meaning your the one to beat in terms of audacity." Yeah Xavier is grinning. Like a mad man. "I look forward to the challenge."

Murkus
2010-12-26, 03:31 AM
Jack enjoys the meal a bit too, eating heartily, savouring it. He speaks to Xifra before Xavier steps over, I would think. "Some thugs were hired to kill me. Or the closest thing people can manage."

He looks up at Xavier, and matches the grin, but not quite as crazy this time. "Oh? Z'at so? Well, I don't want to go around taking folks reputations..."

celtois
2010-12-26, 03:37 AM
"Yeah well it seems you have. Though admittedly. Mine was mostly for getting drunk. Picking fights with things I couldn't win then coming back time and time again. And almost causing the end of the universe." Xavier is now chuckling to go along with his grin. "So I sort of had the whole guy you just can't kill niche cornered. Still if we have to share; I figure we could have some fun with it." The grin of his. Yeah it's still plastered to his face. Looking more insane then usual.

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 03:44 AM
Xifra doesn't have anything to say here. It's the Monkey Dance, a predominantly, though not exclusively, male activity. She's seen it often enough, and as the person who was always Nobody, at the bottom of the family hierarchy, it wasn't like she expected to influence the dominance battle at the top.

Besides, she has a nice roast dinner to eat. Omnomnom.

Murkus
2010-12-26, 03:47 AM
"Honestly, pal, you sound like a younger version of me. Like, down to the last detail." He offers a hand to shake, being quite polite about it. "I can dig it. Though what sort of 'fun' are you proposing exactly?"

For the moment, he stops eating.

celtois
2010-12-26, 03:55 AM
"Ironic that since I was in fact here first." (He was IC actually here first. Given then he was dead when you started Jack.) :smalltongue:

Xavier will take the hand and give it a firm shake. Bloody lad isn't wearing a shirt though. Whatever.

"In terms of fun. Just a contest. See who can make more enemies. In say a week. Unless you had something else in mind to do that would be more entertaining, then seeing who we can piss off. "

(Deadtime)

Mina Kobold
2010-12-26, 05:05 AM
Friend is sitting at the bar with his hood obscuring his entire face and his sword clearly visible, looking quite silly drinking a bright red children's drink.

He is looking curiously at Avatar's impossible mousehunt, not recognising it as the fox-boy from the stairs.

(It was Avatar that was trying to stop Raril, wasn't it?)

Shadowcaller
2010-12-26, 08:52 AM
"We did not have as much problems as some. Our Temple is not in the slums, but nevertheless we supplied holy water and holy symbols to the poor, often at prices below the fraudsters. Most of Dalachrech's followers are Inside, yes. However, we also have a hermitage Outside the Empire's borders and we are looking at expanding into Riverside. Our relationship with the Empire is... Non existent, to be honest. We do our best during times of crisis; all the clerics healed wounded after the crash of the Haven, and as mentioned, we helped the poor people in the slums fight the vampires. Other than that, we have had no contact with the Empire. I'm not even sure if they know where our Temple is." The temple's well hidden.

And, also Deadtime here, too.

"Ah, well thats unfortunate." The goblin pauses a bit, thinking. "So... your temple is at a secret location, correct?" People outside your religion can't come there?"

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 11:53 AM
((The same. Avatar's behavior is shaped by the form he's in. If he's a lil' critter he acts like a lil' critter.))

"Mmm! Small living meat filled meats are the best kind for eatings!" the teeny Chimera comments as he swats at the left-over mouse tail. He's trying to decide whether he should nom that part, play with it, or share it with someone else.

Though for whatever reason most people don't seem to want the food he's willing to share...

Wonder why?

"No doubt there are being more in the wall! But for how I am making them come out?" he muses whilst peering at a mouse-hole near the bar.

Sitting there.

Staaaaaring...

"I shall take the wall off!"

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 11:59 AM
Butler walks in and takes a seat behind his tour box. He smiles and waves at Friend and Avatar as he orders a Nuka-Cola.

Since. You know. We have to keep the name pattern going.

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Avatars/ButlerGaiaFlirtingnormal.png

In front of the cardboard box on a white sign is doodled:

Butler's Tours
Tips Aper Arpe Apprek Liked

lord pringle
2010-12-26, 12:01 PM
Char walks up to Butler. What do you give tours of?

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 12:05 PM
Roland, meanwhile, undeadtimes at the bar, and debates finally ordering some food. Ah, yes, a Hero sandwich sounds good. And thus the not-a-cowboy places his order.

Rommie also undeadtimes, finishes her violin playing (finally), bows, and takes a seat, intending to spend some of her Turducken-earned gains.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 12:11 PM
"I give tours of ACRO in general ma'am. I can show you AMEN, Watchtower, the MagCave, GLoG, Inside, Outside, Taverna Generica, Black Dragon's Den, or the Dancing Fox Inn ma'am." :smallsmile:

iElf
2010-12-26, 12:11 PM
Din undeadtimes at the bar, looking lonely and sad

lord pringle
2010-12-26, 12:13 PM
"I give tours of ACRO in general ma'am. I can show you AMEN, Watchtower, the MagCave, GLoG, Inside, Outside, Taverna Generica, Black Dragon's Den, or the Dancing Fox Inn ma'am." :smallsmile:

Can you get me to LANTERN? Char asks.

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 12:16 PM
And Din will find a Llamaade being delivered to her by Paige, with Roland giving a nod to the sad-looking elf girl if she looks around to see whodunit.

R&R, though, deadtime for the next four or so hours, with their player's schedule getting shuffled a bit.
((Back around 4ish, sorry))

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 12:24 PM
Can you get me to LANTERN? Char asks.

"Ummm... no ma'am. What's that ma'am? A new type of flashlight ma'am?" :smallconfused:
Or torch for those who use that term instead.

lord pringle
2010-12-26, 12:28 PM
No...It's a group in outer SPACE! Char looks at Butler.

iElf
2010-12-26, 12:29 PM
Din sighs, and stares at her Llamanade

Mina Kobold
2010-12-26, 12:46 PM
Din and Roland may notice Friend still being there, staring at Avatar's extravaganza of a meal.

"Is that normal behavior?"

The ex-fae in the heavy cloak asks Din

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 12:46 PM
No...It's a group in outer SPACE! Char looks at Butler.

"... How do they breathe ma'am?" :smalleek:
It seems like a bad place to hold a group.

Din should probably consider, I dunno... talking to someone. :smalltongue:

iElf
2010-12-26, 12:49 PM
Din and Roland may notice Friend still being there, staring at Avatar's extravaganza of a meal.

"Is that normal behavior?"

The ex-fae in the heavy cloak asks Din

Din frowns "...I don't know...probably not"

lord pringle
2010-12-26, 12:52 PM
"... How do they breathe ma'am?" :smalleek:
It seems like a bad place to hold a group.

Din should probably consider, I dunno... talking to someone. :smalltongue:

They have a base full of air. Char is getting kind of angry.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 12:53 PM
"A base ma'am? Wouldn't it... fall down or run out of air or something ma'am?" Butler asks.

lord pringle
2010-12-26, 12:58 PM
It has rockets and air is shipped in. Char's anger has leveled up!

Mina Kobold
2010-12-26, 01:01 PM
Din frowns "...I don't know...probably not"

Friend shrugs

"Guess it's nothing much here, what's your story?"

He looks genuinely curious, fae love stories.

Then again, he also looks genuiny blood-stained.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 01:02 PM
It has rockets and air is shipped in. Char's anger has leveled up!

"Wouldn't rockets run out of fire ma'am? How does the air get shipped there ma'am? Ships travel on water ma'am."
Butler points out the obvious!

lord pringle
2010-12-26, 01:05 PM
Look. the members don't need air. Char is soooo mad.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 01:09 PM
"They don't ma'am? Are they robots then ma'am? Siren didn't need air either ma'am. That must be hard on their visitors though ma'am. I don't think I could ever give a tour of a base of robots ma'am."

iElf
2010-12-26, 01:11 PM
Friend shrugs

"Guess it's nothing much here, what's your story?"

He looks genuinely curious, fae love stories.

Then again, he also looks genuiny blood-stained.

Din frowns "I'm an escaped slave. I used to be some drows torture toy"

lord pringle
2010-12-26, 01:12 PM
I just want to find my friend Rae.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 01:14 PM
"Is he one of the robots living at the base ma'am?" Butler asks before sipping at some Nuka-Cola.

lord pringle
2010-12-26, 01:16 PM
NO! He's a mage with jeans who works at the base. Char sips some Llamanade.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 01:20 PM
"He works for the robots then ma'am? Is that why there's air there ma'am? For him ma'am?"
It's clear Butler knows nothing about Rae or how to find him.

iElf
2010-12-26, 01:24 PM

quote for kevak, due to bottom of pageness

Mina Kobold
2010-12-26, 01:30 PM

"We were often told that torture is a poor invention, and after having experienced mortal pain myself-"

He gestures at where the blood seem to have come from, a hole in his shirt through which a stitched wound is visible

"-I am beginning to understand why."

He takes a sip of his red drink

"Is that all? Your entire life? Not the most magnificent tale"

Friemd really need to get his priorities straight. Or maybe he just need a coach in modern Nexus figurative speaking. Hard to tell.

iElf
2010-12-26, 01:34 PM
"We were often told that torture is a poor invention, and after having experienced mortal pain myself-"

He gestures at where the blood seem to have come from, a hole in his shirt through which a stitched wound is visible

"-I am beginning to understand why."

He takes a sip of his red drink

"Is that all? Your entire life? Not the most magnificent tale"

Friemd really need to get his priorities straight. Or maybe he just need a coach in modern Nexus figurative speaking. Hard to tell.

Din sighs "of course it's not just that...but it's what made the biggest mark on me"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-26, 01:54 PM
Din sighs "of course it's not just that...but it's what made the biggest mark on me"

Friend's eyes have that lost puppy look on them that always seem to pop up when somebody don't get what's going on. Maybe it eats confusion.

"..."

Nope, he's still confused

"Well, what happened after that?..."

He asks her cautiously. He's not sure about her mental well-being.

It doesn't cross his mind that he could be the weird one.

iElf
2010-12-26, 02:03 PM
Friend's eyes have that lost puppy look on them that always seem to pop up when somebody don't get what's going on. Maybe it eats confusion.

"..."

Nope, he's still confused

"Well, what happened after that?..."

He asks her cautiously. He's not sure about her mental well-being.

It doesn't cross his mind that he could be the weird one.

Din sighs "...I escaped...I came to HALO...I fell in love...I lost the love of my life...I died a few times...not much really..."

Mina Kobold
2010-12-26, 02:37 PM
Din sighs "...I escaped...I came to HALO...I fell in love...I lost the love of my life...I died a few times...not much really..."

"As an old friend of myself would have said: 'Be the story good or bad, it should be told to inspire the future story-hunters of all worlds!' By which i believe was meant that no matter how bad your story, it is the past and the future lies ahead"

He sips more red stuff

"Or something along those lines, ecouragement has never been the pride of the fair folk"

(May deadtime for a little tiny bit, gotta try Civ V!)

iElf
2010-12-26, 02:40 PM
Din sighs, and drinks some of her drink

"well...I hope so...I really don't want to be a slave again"

Earl of Purple
2010-12-26, 02:50 PM
"Ah, well thats unfortunate." The goblin pauses a bit, thinking. "So... your temple is at a secret location, correct? People outside your religion can't come there?"

"Terrowin had bad experiences revolving around his faith before he arrived here. People claimed he was a demonolater. In order to protect his flock and his religion, he decided to keep the temple's location a secret. People can visit the Temple, but they must stay with a cleric at all times and be interested in joining the Church." Terrowin is a demonolater, as are these two.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-26, 02:52 PM
Ligz nods "Right, but what happens to people that like to leave the religion then? They know of the location, am I right? People can leave your religion right?"

Earl of Purple
2010-12-26, 03:08 PM
"The members of our flock are able to leave at any time, and the location of the Temple is not wiped from their minds, or anything like that. Not many people have abandoned Dalachrech's worship, however. And the Hermitage located Outside the Empire's location is not disclosed to non-clerics and its location therefore is a complete secret." Destur is drinking some more of his tomato juice.

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 04:13 PM
And it's at this point that Roland and Rommie both undeadtime.

The former listening to the theological discussion with an expression of mild interest, the latter quietly munching on a plate of bamhacon at a corner table.

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 04:40 PM
Phèdre flounces into the Tavern. She looks her usual perfect self, pale skin, dark, blue, long black hair wearing a short mini skirt, halter top with a mesh top over that with a plunging neckline and all in black. She's also wearing a gauzy black scarf around her shoulders and lower face. She looks around, trying to determine if there is actually anything here to do, or if waking up was a mistake. Any type of excitement would be preferable, but who knows, maybe the Tavern is full of idiots today.

((had the wrong Tavern in my subscriptions))

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 04:44 PM
Well, present in the Tavern at the moment is...

...Roland, the rugged, working-man type in the cowboy outfit at the bar, a short mustasche and well-groomed salt-and-pepper hair adorning his head as he studies Phedre's entrance with an expression that carries a mixture of bemusement and mild interest.
http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0903/d27/1320/80b0364.png

...and Andromeda, the dusky-skinned, platinum-haired Turducken rancher/bard, finishing her bamhacon and, after a brief look, wrinking her nose at Phedre's outfit before turning her attention back to her food.
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d24/1525/6297415.png

Falgorn
2010-12-26, 04:48 PM
Andtheresalsoatausittinginthecornersteppingonacock roachoverandoverscreaminghowdoyouliketrashandblahb lahblah.
But yeah, there is a Tau there, a blue-grey skinned alien man, clothed in elaborate, golden, boxy armor. He's called Shas'La.
http://www.40kradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/tau_2views.jpg

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 04:51 PM

The mini-chimera is presently about the size of a kitten. And he's trying to figure out the best way to devour several mice cowering in a small hole in the wall near the bar.

"Excuse me! May I be eating one of you?" the teeny critter inquires.

For anyone who speaks rodent the reply could be roughly translated as 'Eat your own hind-quarters instead.'

"Rudeness! I for am only asking!"

He then flops over on his back, belly toward the ceiling. "Meeeeeeep! All the eating meats hide and I am full of hungries!"

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 04:52 PM
Phèdre dimples a smile at the cowboy. She's only interested in girls who are interested in being her inferior and that one cleary isn't.

Men on the other hand, can be interesting. Although the alien one, well, she isn't quite sure about him, the anatomy might not match and there's always the problem of what type of blood he might or might not have.

So, she dimples a smile at the cowboy and carefully arranges herself on a barstool near him. She crosses her legs and smoothes down her barely there skirt.

((:smalltongue: Can't see pics at work))

Earl of Purple
2010-12-26, 04:54 PM
There's also, in a corner, a gnome and a human talking to another human and a goblin; it's a newspaper interview for the Nexus Herald.

((Must now Deadtime, sorry))

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 05:01 PM
((Ahh, sorry. Roland = short salt-and-pepper hair, blue eyes, bandanna, denim button-up shirt, leather vest, worker's jeans, cowboy boots. And what looks like a six-shooter. Oh, and a hat on the stoll next to him. :smalltongue:

It should be asked, though, can Phedre detect divine auras? :smallamused:))

And as the skimpily-dressed woman settles into a bar and smiles, Roland smiles and nods back, motioning for Cosmo for another glass of the Chimera Cabernet. "Good evening, ma'am," he says politely to Phedre. "Pardon me, but isn't this bar a little...rough for an evening out for a lady like yourself?"

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 05:07 PM
Phèdre's voice tinkles lightly in the air, Rough? This is the Tavern... not the Dragon's Den. If I wanted the true underbelly of society, I'd go there. She uses one hand to push her dark hair back from her delicate heart shaped face.

((no, she can not))

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 05:12 PM
"Ah, so the Black Dragon's Den still exists? Fascinating. Perhaps I should see if it is still the dockworkers' favourite as it was when I previously knew it. But forgive me, ma'am, I seem to have forgotten my manners." Roland doffs an imaginary hat (his own hat, as it happens, sitting on the chair next to his) and bows slightly. "Roland is the name, ma'am, if I might have the pleasure of knowing yours?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 05:12 PM
Butler B. Butler, the catboy that only wears shorts and a collar, and drinks a lot of Nuka-Cola, and smiles a lot, undeadtimes.
Drinking Nuka-Cola of course.

He heads over to Avatar. "Awww... aren't you cute sir? Would you like something to eat sir?" :smallsmile:
He kneels down to scritch Avatar's belly and pet him.

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 05:18 PM
That comment causes her to frown a little, although it's hard to tell through the gauzy scarf. The Den was still around when I left, I hope it's still here, but, you know how things change.

She smiles again as he kindly introduces himself. Ah, good sir. Such a pleasure to meet you Roland. His name rolls off her tongue with a slight lilt. I am Phèdre, and she gracefully holds out one cool hand for him to kiss.

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 05:24 PM
And Roland accepts it, raising her hand to his lips to almost, but not quite brush them against the back of the offered hand in the prescribed gentlemanly fashion.

Roland, being a demigod, does have a divine aura. However, it's not Holy energy. So it probably doesn't do anything to the vampire...

"Well, Miss Phedre, it's a pleasure to meet you as well. And it has been awhile since I walked these streets last. And I must admit I did not expect to be returning so quickly as I seem to have been able to. So I find myself slightly at a loss at times, with my knowledge of the area being less than it, perhaps, should be."

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 05:25 PM
Belly scratchings result in foot kickings!

It is most adorable indeed.

"Mee mir mar rawr! Oooh rubbing is a nice thing!" the teeny Chimera chatters. "And eatings! Eatings are also better than best! Do you have eating meats? For why are you not wearing a shirt? For why is everyone else wearing shirts? Are they hiding something?"

Clearly that must be it.

It's all a devious conspiracy of shirt-wearers!

He suddenly hops to his feet and covers his nose with his forepaws with a gasp!

"What if under-shirts are filled with bad! Are shirts for bad smuggling?"

Falgorn
2010-12-26, 05:30 PM
Butler B. Butler, the catboy that only wears shorts and a collar, and drinks a lot of Nuka-Cola, and smiles a lot, undeadtimes.
Drinking Nuka-Cola of course.

He heads over to Avatar. "Awww... aren't you cute sir? Would you like something to eat sir?" :smallsmile:
He kneels down to scritch Avatar's belly and pet him.

Shas'La looks over at the spectacle. What looks to be a cross between a [insert nonsensical word for "cat" in Tau language] and a Gue'La, petting a [alien cat word].
Shas'La opens his mouth. "Excuse me, Gue'La with pointed, fur-covered ears and distinct lack of clothing, may I ask you a question?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 05:30 PM
"Shirts do make it harder to snuggle sir. I've never thought of it that way sir!" :smalleek:
Shirts are vile anti-snugglers! They are horrible things indeed.

"I'll get you some food sir."
By get, he means orders a meatloaf and have it brought out for Avatar.

Butler looks at the Shas'La with confusion. "Are you talking to me sir? Didn't you just ask a question right there sir?" :smallconfused:
"You can ask me anything you want sir. Anyone can sir."

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 05:31 PM
A little look to the side as she considers his words. I'm afraid I've been gone a while, so I'm no longer sure. I knew the Town previously and decided to drop by here to see if I could find something reasonable to drink. She looks up at him through lowered lashes. She's already determined what he's drinking by the smell. Everything has a unique smell. She wonders how he would taste. :smallamused:

After a few seconds longer than is polite, she slowly takes her hand back.

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 05:42 PM
Roland chuckles softly, and doesn't look to be particularly disturbed by the lingering hand. Of course, he doesn't seem to be particulary...excited...by it, either...
"Well, Miss Phedre, I can assure you that the drinks here are as excellent as they always have been. I can certainly reccomend the Chimera Cabernet, although I believe many people have a preference for the Black Shadow."

iElf
2010-12-26, 05:46 PM
Din undeadtimes again at the bar counter

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 05:47 PM
Avatar looks less like a cat and more like a Daemon.

He might be cute, but there's a rather distinct feeling of unnatural wrongness that he puts off. Not so much foreboding, though, as it is surreal. Like the sudden strange feeling one gets when they realize they're dreaming.

"Shirts steal snuggles!" the teeny Chimera exclaims suddenly. "That is worse than bad! We must save the people from their snuggle-thief garments, rawr!"

There's a good chance the silliness of this situation will snowball out of control.

"We must act at once before-" a sudden pause as the Chimera stops to sniff at the air. "Oh! I smell meats for eating! I will chew them to chase away hungries!"

He bounces up and down excitedly until Paige sets down his meatloaf. True to his word he begins nomming it with much enthusiasm.

"Mmmmir! Juicy chewy meats that are dead and burned!"

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 05:49 PM
Phèdre is a little disappointed by his lack of reaction and covers it with a little sigh, A black shadow does have a certain attraction, but often I find myself craving a DLB. She primps her waist length hair a little to settle it properly and show it off a bit better.

Recaiden
2010-12-26, 05:50 PM
Hearing Avatar's words, Dan stands and removes his cloak and shirt, tying the latter around his waist, before returning to his mug of tea. His ribs look a bit odd, being artificial replacements.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 05:51 PM
Shas'La looks over at the spectacle. What looks to be a cross between a [insert nonsensical word for "cat" in Tau language] and a Gue'La, petting a [alien cat word].
Shas'La opens his mouth. "Excuse me, Gue'La with pointed, fur-covered ears and distinct lack of clothing, may I ask you a question?"

Butler looks at the Shas'La with confusion. "Are you talking to me sir? Didn't you just ask a question right there sir?" :smallconfused:
Some ninja'ing and some editing.

"Hungries are bad sir!"
Butler will give Avatar some more pets.
"So are anti-snuggle shirts sir!" :smallyuk:
And look! Already people are being saved from the shirts. Go Dan! Start a trend!

"What's your name sir?" Butler asks Avatar.

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 05:52 PM
Roland does seem to notice the hair a little more than the hand contact, perhaps...
"Well, then, may a lady's wishes be granted this Thanksmas season," he says, snapping his fingers, calling for Cosmo, and ordering a DLB. "If I may ask, Miss Phedre, what is it you do in this Town, when not enjoying an evening in a warm tavern with pleasant company?"

Rommie looks slightly uneasy at the prospect of rampant shirtlessness.

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 05:59 PM
Phèdre surreptiously moves her stool a bit closer to Roland. She loves the name, but she wonders if he's attracted to real women or not. She adds a bit of her natural charm to her eyes and voice. Oh, not much, I'm afraid I'm not much into any one thing and prefer to dabble in many different things.

iElf
2010-12-26, 06:00 PM
Din sighs, and has a look around to see if there is anyone to talk to

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 06:03 PM
Remove those shirts!

Stick it to the man!

Avatar is pretty busy doing his best impression of an omnomnomnivore at the moment. His mouth seems to stretch far wider than should be physically possible. But that doesn't bother him in the slightest.

"I am Dynamism! Good to be meeting you!" the Chimera chatters between mouthfuls of food. "You look like friend Butler! But Butler is dead and you are not!"

He's very perceptive.

"You do not smell like dead nor do you make move with shamblings like zombie!"

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 06:07 PM
Roland is certainly attracted to real women. Especially goddesses. Ask Mercury/Mercedes. :smallamused::smallfrown:

"Ah, I see," he answers with a nod, and a bit of a smile, as the ordered DLB arrives. "A 'renaissance woman', one might say, then? Wouldn't you need to be careful to avoid being 'Jill of all trades but master of none', though, in that case?" And he gives her a warm smile, almost stunning, but completely gentlemanly.

Din could always see Andromeda, the platinum-haired, leather-bard-outfit-clad Turducken rancher at the corner table, who's currently sipping a cup of coffee and reading a copy of the Nexus Herald.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 06:10 PM
"A pleasure meeting you Dynamism sir. I did die sir. The Diet sent me back to balance all the see-saws in the world sir. I... haven't been working on it as hard as I should sir. There's a lot of see-saws and they're hard to balance sir." :smallfrown:

"Do I know you sir?"
*pet pet pet*

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 06:13 PM
Phèdre blushes a little, Oh, no, I think not. What I put my mind to something, I learn and remember. I always have enough time. She moves her scarf down a little to sip at the DLB, but she keeps her fangs hidden for the moment.

Falgorn
2010-12-26, 06:22 PM
"Shirts do make it harder to snuggle sir. I've never thought of it that way sir!" :smalleek:
Shirts are vile anti-snugglers! They are horrible things indeed.

"I'll get you some food sir."
By get, he means orders a meatloaf and have it brought out for Avatar.

((Stupid snow knocking out interwebz.)) "Your logic is...impeccable. And your manners...
Such politeness is strange from a Gue'La, and uncommon even amongst Tau.
Tell me, who, or what, are you?"

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 06:23 PM
"Oh no! Dieing is bad but getting better isn't! Most people get eaten when they die instead of getting better..." the Chimera chirps. "I am most pleased that friend Butler got better instead of got eaten!"

Most people would probably feel that way.

"If you are being friend Butler then you have pleased to be meeting me before! Sometimes friends call me Avatar for am I little and Mother is big! But Mother is not liking my smells any more and saying 'Be elsewhere Dynamism for am I not liking your smells!'"

That...

Sort of makes sense.

Right?

Mina Kobold
2010-12-26, 06:23 PM
Friend is distracted from his conversation with Din by a sludge of deadtime ooze trying to capture him, taking the avice of Avatar he keeps in action by duelling the sludge, slime against sword.

Who will win? It doesn't seem certain yet, maybe in a few hours or eight?

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 06:24 PM
Clearly Butler needs to make the see-saws all go in a diet!

"Ahh, I see. That's certainly a good quality to have," Roland says with a smile, lifting his own glass in a small toast, to perfect memory, perhaps, before taking a sip, himself. "I suppose my own line of work would be best described, at the moment, of being a 'man of fortune', perhaps. Looking after those who do hard but rewarding work, you might say."

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 06:26 PM
Phèdre arches one eyebrow in question, Oh, have you found many? At the same time, she's attempting to capture him with her eyes and bring him closer to her.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 06:29 PM
((Stupid snow knocking out interwebz.)) "Your logic is...impeccable. And your manners...
Such politeness is strange from a Gue'La, and uncommon even amongst Tau.
Tell me, who, or what, are you?"

"I'm Butler B. Butler sir! Who are you sir?"
So many strange words. Butler isn't even going to try to touch that one...

Butler turns to Avatar.
"I don't want to get eaten again sir. Getting eaten is scary and bad sir." :smallfrown:

"Maybe you need to get a bath sir? It'll make bad smells go away sir." :smallsmile:

iElf
2010-12-26, 06:30 PM
Din could always see Andromeda, the platinum-haired, leather-bard-outfit-clad Turducken rancher at the corner table, who's currently sipping a cup of coffee and reading a copy of the Nexus Herald.

Din sits down next to andromida "hey...are you new here?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 06:37 PM
Roland...doesn't seem to be charmed in the least.
Demigod, after all.
But he does smile and lean a bit closer anyway.
"A few, yes. It's good to know there are good, honest men and women doing good, honest work still. And to have such a fine place to relax afterwards, with such great company."

---

Rommie looks up in surprise, then smiles.
"Oh, hello there. I suppose you could say that I am." She offers a hand for shaking. "Andromeda Myslyvets, but please, call me Rommie."

iElf
2010-12-26, 06:40 PM
Roland...doesn't seem to be charmed in the least.
Demigod, after all.
But he does smile and lean a bit closer anyway.
"A few, yes. It's good to know there are good, honest men and women doing good, honest work still. And to have such a fine place to relax afterwards, with such great company."

---

Rommie looks up in surprise, then smiles.
"Oh, hello there. I suppose you could say that I am." She offers a hand for shaking. "Andromeda Myslyvets, but please, call me Rommie."

Din shakes it "hi. I'm Din. Din hylia. so...what rings you here?"

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 06:46 PM
The only consolation in that is that he said she was good company, but her charm isn't working and she's getting frustrated and she's not completely sure why it's not working. She hasn't detected anything different about him, he seems like a normal human being, but he isn't reacting like one.

So...she leans a little closer, putting her elbows on the bar and she's giving him a partial view down her net shirt, but it doesn't seem to be intentional. Her perfume wafts through the air, tantalizing and hinting at hidden things. She is showing interest in what he's saying. Yes, I agree, wonderful, attentive company. I certainly can't complain. She demurely sips her DLB, but her eyes betray the fire inside as it burns going down.

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 06:49 PM
"Nor can I." Roland chuckles softly, and his eyes don't go down her net top, although he does appreciate the perfume. :smallamused: "I do have to say the company is quite lovely, in fact..."

He winks at Phèdre, giving a bit of a roguish grin. "Of course, although I enjoy fine female company on occasion, I have to admit, mortal women sometimes find me...a bit much to handle."

---

Rommie smiles, her handshake firm. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Hylia. I recently arrived here to set up a farm for raising exotic animals, actually."

Falgorn
2010-12-26, 06:51 PM
"I'm Butler B. Butler sir! Who are you sir?"
So many strange words. Butler isn't even going to try to touch that one...

Butler turns to Avatar.
"I don't want to get eaten again sir. Getting eaten is scary and bad sir." :smallfrown:

"Maybe you need to get a bath sir? It'll make bad smells go away sir." :smallsmile:

"Butler B. Butler? Curious. It's a pleasure to meet such a well-mannered Gue'La. No matter if you are afraid of clothing and have furry ears."

iElf
2010-12-26, 06:55 PM
Rommie smiles, her handshake firm. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Hylia. I recently arrived here to set up a farm for raising exotic animals, actually."

Din smiles "what kind of animals? I know a few that may be interesting"

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 06:59 PM
Phèdre puts one slim hand over her mouth and chuckles a little. She leans closer to whisper back, Really... too much to handle? I'd say you haven't found the right one yet. Her expression is one of amusement and the fire in her eyes smolders as she catches his scent.

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 07:01 PM
"Mar nar! No, not smells like that! Dynamism smells of Dynamism because Dynamism is me!" the mini-Chimera exclaims as he polishes off the loaf of beef. "Bathings for am taking away extra smells! Butler smells of Butler, but extra smells too!"

He then aims to leap onto the cat boi's shoulder and sniffffffff! his hair!

"Butler extra smells of fizzy water and syrup and swany-birdy person! For bathings make extra smells be gone!"

A pause as he finally registers the presence of the Tau.

He quirks his head off to the side curiously.

And then makes a very telling observation.

"You are very blue! Did you fall in the outside potty?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 07:02 PM
"Well," Rommie says, swirling her White Russian in its glass, "I recently developed a special bird for the holidays. It's called a Turducken."

---

Roland's scent is a sheen of 'clean but hard working man' and Stetson aftershave. :smalltongue:
"Ah, I did find one, once, and she was a Goddess." Literally, hence the capital G. "Alas, though, I fear she is no longer in this place. So I suppose finding the right one would be...imperitive."
The demigod chuckles softly, leaning back a little to take another sip of his wine, not tipsy in the least.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-26, 07:02 PM
Talking of exotic animals, there's one under a nearby table. In size, it is just under the knee of the average humanoid, with a rat-like body, green scales, pig-like head complete with porcine dentition and six legs. In its neck are a pair of gills, and it is watching the patrons with ice-blue eyes, listening with wolf-like ears and using its minor telepathy to determine whether any of them have psychic abilities of their own.

iElf
2010-12-26, 07:03 PM
"Well," Rommie says, swirling her White Russian in its glass, "I recently developed a special bird for the holidays. It's called a Turducken."

Din giggles "let me guess... a cross between a turkey, a duck, and a chicken?"

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 07:07 PM
Any particular characteristics in mind? Of course, she expects him to list ones that would fit her. Why wouldn't he. She disregards the goddess comment, since most goddesses she's met seemed to be very much interested in themselves (sort of like her) and Phèdre doesn't like anyone who doesn't pay attention to her. :smallamused:

Falgorn
2010-12-26, 07:07 PM
"Mar nar! No, not smells like that! Dynamism smells of Dynamism because Dynamism is me!" the mini-Chimera exclaims as he polishes off the loaf of beef. "Bathings for am taking away extra smells! Butler smells of Butler, but extra smells too!"

"Butler extra smells of fizzy water and syrup and swany-birdy person! For bathings make extra smells be gone!"

A pause as he finally registers the presence of the Tau.

He quirks his head off to the side curiously.

And then makes a very telling observation.

"You are very blue! Did you fall in the outside potty?"

Shas'La seems to just be noticing that Avatar can talk. "...What. You can talk? And you're talking to a man that is also, seemingly half-you? What universe have I stumbled into?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 07:11 PM
Rommie chuckles, and nods. "Exactly. They're very odd-looking and odd-sounding birds, but they taste delicious. And I can also splice their genes so that they can have a built-in taste of bacon."

---

Roland arches an eyebrow at Phèdre's question.
"Well, certainly, good taste is a must. Also, good stamina. After all, it's hardly fair if a woman isn't able to enjoy herself when she's with a man, is it?" he asks, smiling. "Aside from that, though, as long as a woman is beautiful, her beauty can come in any form. Although I must say, you are, indeed, a beautiful woman, Miss Phèdre."

iElf
2010-12-26, 07:14 PM
Rommie chuckles, and nods. "Exactly. They're very odd-looking and odd-sounding birds, but they taste delicious. And I can also splice their genes so that they can have a built-in taste of bacon."

Din grins "...that's kind of awesome. so...any other animals you've found yet?"

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 07:17 PM
She likes that compliment and preens a little, flipping back her hair and taking a sip of her DLB. Of course, anyone who can drink an entire DLB without too much difficulty will have no problems in the stamina area. She knows her own worth (she has a very high opinion of herself)

Thank you Roland, you are very handsome with that rare rugged look. Not many men can pull it off they way you do. She gives him the once over look, lingering on his muscles, letting him know she appreciates him.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-26, 07:17 PM
"The members of our flock are able to leave at any time, and the location of the Temple is not wiped from their minds, or anything like that. Not many people have abandoned Dalachrech's worship, however. And the Hermitage located Outside the Empire's location is not disclosed to non-clerics and its location therefore is a complete secret." Destur is drinking some more of his tomato juice.

"Alright... that takes us to this question, what sort of tributes or sacrifices do you give Dalachrech? How do you worship him exactly?" The goblin asks, his companion sitting silent, watching.

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 07:21 PM
"No animals, no. But I have created a pumpkpple!" Rommie declares with a grin. "Which is exactly what it sounds like."

---

"You flatter me, ma'am," is Roland's answer to Phèdre's, well, flattery, with a soft chuckle. "I suppose I was fortunate to have received the best of my father's genes in order to be able to, as you say, pull it off."

iElf
2010-12-26, 07:23 PM
"No animals, no. But I have created a pumpkpple!" Rommie declares with a grin. "Which is exactly what it sounds like."

Din giggles some more "wow...that's...fascinating. would you mind me having a look at the farm?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 07:30 PM
"Butler B. Butler? Curious. It's a pleasure to meet such a well-mannered Gue'La. No matter if you are afraid of clothing and have furry ears."

"Errr... actually I'm a catboy sir. And I'm not afraid of clothing sir." It's just unnecessary usually.

"You mean Decker sir? I don't think I smell like Decker sir." Butler tries to sniff his own hair. Needless to say, it doesn't work out too well.

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 07:31 PM
"It's a fair ways out of Town proper, but I wouldn't mind showing you around, I suppose," Rommie says, smiling cheerfully.

((But, alas, deadtime for a bit for now.))

Earl of Purple
2010-12-26, 07:33 PM
"There are no sacrifices, and there's a bowl at the end of a surmon that goes around for donations. But it's all voluntary." The cleric's soul will always go to the Abyssa and Dalachrech.

Meanwhile, creeping up on Din and Andromeda's conversation is a creature. It is just under the knee of the average humanoid in height, with a rat-like body, green scales, pig-like head complete with porcine dentition and six legs. In its neck are a pair of gills, and it is watching the patrons with ice-blue eyes, listening with wolf-like ears and using its minor telepathy to determine whether any of them have psychic abilities of their own.

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 07:36 PM
Exotic animals are the best kind!

*ahem*

The Chimera can talk and cling to Butler's head! At the same time! Truly he's very skillful in that regard.

"Nar mur rawr? Nuuuu Dynamism is not Friend Butler spawn! That would being made of silliness and ducks! Dynamism is half Mother Ragnnora and half things Father Deios was making Dynamism of! Friend Butler is just friend!"

See?

Totally clear and obvious what he's talking about.

"You have tripped in the Nexus and your face has landed in Trog's Mister Blue Noseless Man! For how are you smelling things?"

He finally dismounts Butler's head and lands on a nearby table with an, "Uuf!"

"Friend Butler smells of Decker? Does Butler touch Decker muches? Smells rub off!"

Shadowcaller
2010-12-26, 07:39 PM
"Ah, that sounds good. So how about Dalachrech himself? What sort of god is he really? Does he makes his presence known in any way to those who believe him? What would you say is his ultimate goal?" The goblin asks the two clerics.

Falgorn
2010-12-26, 07:41 PM
"Yes, catboy. Butler B. Butler. A pleasure meeting you." he returns his attention to the Avatar.
"I am Tau, and I can breathe out my eyes." Oh, I wish.
"You raise an interesting point. How do you talk, creature? And why do you speak so...oddly?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 07:43 PM
"Well I hug her a lot sir. But I hug a lot of people sir. And take a shower every day sir." :smallconfused:
Bathing is important!

He turns to the Tau. "And who are you sir?" :smallsmile:

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 07:54 PM
"I for am talking with the air vibrations!" Avatar announces in that adorably squeaky voice of his. "Talks with air vibrations make my insides itchy. Dynamism normal talks make Flatlanders confused and sleepy, so Dynamism makes talk with air vibrations."

Or in other words, he would chat with people using the Far Tongue, but they would probably go insane, drop into a coma, or both.

And it isn't very fun to talk with comatose people.

At the second question...

He just quirks his head off to the side in a rather curious fashion.

"I for am talks like Flatlanders. Are my talks wrong? Do I need to add more better to them?"

Earl of Purple
2010-12-26, 07:55 PM
"He gives us visions at certain times, then there's a rite in the initiation of a cleric in which Dalachrech plays an active part. But the rite is secret, and we cannot talk of it. As for His ultimate goal, we don't know. It is far too complex for mortals to understand, and requires patience only an immortal is capable of. We think." At the moment, Dalachrech is working against Baalzebul and Lolth, so He can add the word 'All' to His title.
"He also allows His clerics to channel power from Him through themselves, which we can use for healing, summoning, that sort of thing." Basically, cleric-spells.

((Now though, Deadtime))

Falgorn
2010-12-26, 07:56 PM
"You may call me Shas'La, Butler." he states, plainly. Talking cats and near naked catboys? What a strange place.
But not as strange as the universe he was used to.
He turns back to Avatar. "...Ahhh...I see."

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 07:59 PM
"A pleasure meeting you Shas'La sir. Is there anything I can do for you sir?" :smallsmile:

Butler turns to Avatar, confused. "Don't you mean you talk by speaking sir? That's how I usually talk sir." :smallconfused:
He didn't understand most of what Avatar said.

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 08:08 PM
Uuhh...

Avatar doesn't look like a cat at all. He's roughly the size of a kitten at the moment, though.

He looks like a chimeric cross between a fox, a snake, a stag, and an eagle. At the moment his form is more or less stable but every now and again one can get a glimpse of something else beyond the plainly visible. His fur is deep blue with snow-white scales tucked amidst the fuzz. At the end of his tail shimmers a prismatic blot of paint. Four wings, as deep as the mid-night sky and specked with flowing points of light. Between his antlers blazes a fern-like Sigil.

If the Tau is at all familiar with creatures of Chaos there's some degree of similarity. Though Avatar is more sublime, surreal, and silly than terrifying, toothsome, and tormenting.

"Shas'La! I am Dynamism! Much good to be meeting you!" the lil' Far Chimera chatters. Then glances at Butler. "I make talks without speaking to! But most people do not know talks with smells or talks with feels."

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 08:13 PM
Phèdre leans back a little, Of course. She drains the rest of her DLB and sets the glass firmly on the counter.

Falgorn
2010-12-26, 08:20 PM
"You could accept my hand in friendship and peace, if you wish." Shas'La smiles.

Ahh...I thought he was a cat this whole time. Now it makes sense...
"Nice to meet you, as well Dynamism." He hasn't fought Chaos yet, thankfully for him. Those things are hellish.

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 08:23 PM
"Accept your hand sir? But... don't you need your hand to do stuff sir? Like... pick things up and stuff sir?" :smalleek:

"I've never known talking to smell or feel sir." He tells Avatar.

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 08:36 PM
"I am very small for the hand shaking!" Avatar announces from his perch on the table, peering up at the Tau's ostensibly extended hand. "I have tiny little arms! Are those acceptable for the shaking?"

Hopefully so.

Don't want to leave the poor mini-Chimera feeling left out.

"You wear lots of metal protecty bits! Do you fight things Friend Shas'La? What kind of things do you fight? For am you eats them when you are done?"

Because everyone knows that you're supposed to eat things that you kill.

It's wasteful otherwise!

"Do you know talks by thinking? Like this!"

Avatar then straaaaaains at Butler.

I am thinking at you! Can you hear my thinks?

Not just words, oh no. With it come thoughts and feelings and sensations. Depths of wildness, endless unbound skies. Frontiers of dreams unbridled and unfettered by the limitations of reality.

It's neat!

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 08:59 PM
Phèdre leans back a little, Of course. She drains the rest of her DLB and sets the glass firmly on the counter.

"Would you like something else to drink, Miss Phèdre?" Roland asks politely, although he does chuckle softly. "Or will that be all for you tonight?"

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 09:04 PM
Phèdre smirks a little, I'm afraid that's all for tonight. There is somewhere I must be. But, I promise that I'll be back tomorrow. Will you? She hops off her stool, she's not quite tall enough to just stand up without the hop down. She's also beginning to feel the hunger and well, Roland isn't quite ready yet. So, she'll find out if he'll show up again and they can talk further...or not. Always a gamble, but one she's willing to take.

((need to head to bed really soon))

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 09:06 PM
Butler hears Avatar in his head!
And gasps!
"You... you... YOU HAVE THE PSYCHICS SIR!!" :eek:

"We need to get you to a doctor right away sir!" Butler rushes over to try and snatch Avatar up in a binding cuddle. "It'll be alright sir. We'll do everything we can to help you sir." :smallfrown:

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 09:08 PM
"Oh, I suppose I shall be here. The most intriguing people always show up here." Roland chuckles, and tries to take her hand and kiss the back of it again. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Lady Phèdre."

((Butler: XD))

wxdruid
2010-12-26, 09:10 PM
Phèdre is very pleased and she smiles at him, her cheeks have small dimples. Sounds perfect, until tomorrow. Before he can say more, she's gone and only the smell of her perfume is left hanging in the air and her glass on the bar top. The door swings shut behind her.

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 09:14 PM
Avatar is snatched up with a "Meep!"

And follows that up with a, "Oh no! I hope I am not for being contagious!"

That would be terrible!

If everyone got the psychics then how would you be able to think without people prying into your thought life? What if you didn't know how to turn it off and heard people all the time? It would be maddening!

Craziness!

Wait...

"I am not thinking psychics has bad? It is just for making talks."

Reinholdt
2010-12-26, 09:22 PM
"It's very bad sir! Very dangerous sir!"
I don't remember why he thinks it's dangerous. But I do remember he learned so from talking to Amelia. An escaped crazy person.

Butler starts rushing to the door!
"Quinn should know how to fix you up sir!"

celtois
2010-12-26, 09:26 PM
Xavier is here sitting beside the Deadtimed Jack.

As per usual. He isn't wearing a shirt. Though it's for a rather different reason then Butler. Namely the fact that his shirts tend to get all sliced up and bloody so he decided to go without.

Which isn't exactly a bad thing. He's got a rather nice body. If you ignore the scars lacing his torso

He's drinking something that looks like beer.

Rebonack
2010-12-26, 09:30 PM
Avatar is raced from Trog's due to his horrible case of psychics!

Oh noes!

He's probably going to be rushed to GLoG now or something. We'll see if Quinn can convince Butler that Avatar's minor telepathic abilities aren't anything to worry about.

Or maybe she'll think it's terrible too! What will happen? Will Avatar get better? Or will he just continue to be silly!

Stay tuned to find out!

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 09:31 PM
But Quinn has the psychics too! :smalleek:

Dani might undeadtime. Or might not. Depending on if (a) Alexis' player has any interest in playing her and (b) if KM2 might be on tonight.

Roland is quietly sitting at the bar now, sipping a mug of coffee, and eyeing Butler's flight with amusement.

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 10:24 PM
Lauretta leads Din safely back to Trog's, before any nasty drow could hurt her. "You probably shouldn't go into the red zone alone, Priestess."

Murkus
2010-12-26, 10:40 PM
"Ironic that since I was in fact here first." (He was IC actually here first. Given then he was dead when you started Jack.) :smalltongue:

Xavier will take the hand and give it a firm shake. Bloody lad isn't wearing a shirt though. Whatever.

"In terms of fun. Just a contest. See who can make more enemies. In say a week. Unless you had something else in mind to do that would be more entertaining, then seeing who we can piss off. "

(Deadtime)

Jack said that because he's really old. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

The grey man returns the shake, smiling heartily and taking a sip of his drink. His glee dampens a bit when Xavier finishes, a look of slight distaste spreading over his face. "Nah. Sorry, pal, but I don't really make a habit of earning myself enemies. I've got way too many as it is, I would think." He glances in Xifra's direction, taking another quick bite of his... meal. I forget what all it is.

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 10:45 PM
Traditional Sunday roast. Lamb and potatoes and yorkshire puddings. Yum!

Xifra is busy eating and trying to be invisible to Xavier.

celtois
2010-12-26, 10:45 PM
Eh I just consider it ironic that he sounds like a younger version of Jack when Xavier was here first. :smalltongue: "Fine, I suppose that was a bit obvious. Since I was planning on losing, and hopefully throwing a few of my enemies your way while I was at it." Xavier is of course still smiling. Though admittedly less so now. "Guess I'll just have to deal wit h them myself rather then pawn them off on you then. Should be fun since most of them are outright terrified of me."

Murkus
2010-12-26, 11:05 PM
Now I'm hungry. Bah.

Jack smiles and crosses his arms, liking this character. Mostly because it's exactly the way he would've acted if the situation were reversed. "Clever bastard. Should I be adding you to my list of enemies, buddy? Clear a space for yah?"

celtois
2010-12-26, 11:20 PM
Grab some food then. :smalltongue:

Xavier grins slightly amused by the whole situation. "Thank you I try." He chuckles. "Well you could add me I suppose. Though it's hardly necessary. I mean you'd be stupid to not be wary of me. But I'm hardly your enemy. You seem like the sort of person I could have some fun with." He gulps down some more beer. "So where do you work? AMEN? Seems like your sort of place based on the reputation you've got."

Murkus
2010-12-26, 11:28 PM
Just did, actually. :smalltongue:

"You're pretty alright yourself." Jack says in between bites, quickly devouring what's left of his food. Realizing something, he casts a cautious glance at Xifra before responding to the final line. "I'm retired, actually. Though I know of the place. A couple friends there, too." He gestures at Xifra. "Well, retired except for teaching. The lovely lady here is my apprentice."

happyturtle
2010-12-26, 11:39 PM
Not that Xavier would be interested in any case, but Xifra is not particularly lovely. She's rather plain and colorless. Nothing at all remarkable in her features. Sadly, displaying something like that is beyond tektek's abilities.

Xifra is visible to Xavier, since Jack is aware of her, but she's still likely to kind of slip off of his mind as someone unimportant and uninteresting. Seems like an odd choice of apprentice.

Anyway, Xifra looks up when she's introduced, but doesn't speak.

celtois
2010-12-26, 11:43 PM
Good stuff

"Why thank you. I appreciate it." Xavier takes a look at his now empty glass. "Huh, didn't think I'd had quite that much yet." He mutters mostly to himself. He does however note the cautious glance. At.. thin air? No there was someone there. But only just. (He was never good with magic effects and so she slipped from his mind like so many grains of sand even as he looked at her.) Spooky. "Retired? Oh that explains why your much more boring then your reputation led me to believe." He chuckles. It was probably intended as a jestful jibe. His gaze follows the gesture to the Lady that hadn't be quite there before. Now noticing her. That was just odd useful talent though. "Ah, a pleasure to meet you miss." He tip his head to her as if tipping a non-existent hat.

If her lacklustre appearance is noticed Xavier doesn't comment.

Murkus
2010-12-27, 12:00 AM
"Yeah, I'm not surprised by that reaction. Reputation's mostly for show these days." Jack says, shrugging whether it was jest or not. His plate's empty now, by the by. "You'll get there, I'm sure. When the rep starts to stop mattering."

happyturtle
2010-12-27, 12:08 AM
"And you," Xifra says to Xavier.

If Xavier's that vulnerable, he's likely to forget Xifra after he's gone. He'll probably remember that Jack mentioned having an apprentice, but not recall meeting her.

celtois
2010-12-27, 12:10 AM
"Fair enough I suppose. Certainly must help keep your life pretty quiet."

Uh Oh. Quiet! That's a bad word here.

Xavier slides his empty glass over to Cosmo who give him a look as if asking "what am I supposed to do with this"

Yeah it's highly likely that once out of site she'll fall from his mind completely. Should he see her again he'll probably remember her as Jack's Apprentice. But, he's unlikely to see her.

Side effect of the weird nature of brain post being nearly destroyed by Alek.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 02:14 AM
A curiously-attired woman pops into existence, which perhaps might be unusual anywhere else in the multiverse. As it is, there's barely even a glance spared by the average tavern-goer. It's a silent, understated entrance - first there is nothing, and then with a pale purple light and a faint smell of oranges, there was a person, appearing silently.

Her attire is mostly form-fitting and white, formed of bulky and ill-fashioned plastic. There is no hint of pleasant appearance catered for in this outfit, with several off-white straps creasing the plastic outline giving the entire piece a fairly grubby look. These straps wind around her torso to the back, where they hold her arms fast in place, in a manner not dissimilar to a straitjacket. Meanwhile, a strip of white cloth has been wound around her head over and over, covering the eyes.

Her ivory-skinned face is flushed red, and rises and falls with quick, shallow breaths, implying some sort of distress perhaps, or merely recent exercise. She stands quietly by now, within the Tavern.

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 02:15 AM
Yes.

Yes, it is.

SUDDENLY. TENTACLES.

Erupting from the floorboards with a roar of fury, flailing across tables and generally attacking everybody present!

"YOU DON'T SAY THE Q-WORD IN HERE!" Cosmo rages, grabbing a mop-handle and battling one of them!

((Tentacles are godmoddable :smallsmile:))

celtois
2010-12-27, 02:21 AM
Xavier grins wickedly. "Why ever not it was pretty boring up until now." Xavier comments pull out his daggers and preparing to do battle with the nearest tentacle.

He'll give a nod of acknowledgement to the newcomer as he starts.

Quick description.

He's an attractive young man who is wearing a pair of now cut up dress pants and fancy shoes, and no shirt. He has short black/brown hair.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 02:23 AM
Finding herself in a calm place for a moment, the slow rise and fall of this newcomer's breath begins to decrease in frequency. However, this relative peace does not remain true for long, and in no time at all there are slimy assailants in the room.

This elicits a hasty squeak from the young woman, followed by some quick, blind kicking. However, this is not much use, and scrambling away is also not much of a defense, so instead there's plenty of tentacle assault going on. Ouch.

Rebonack
2010-12-27, 02:23 AM
Zee is behind the counter washing glasses.

Why?

Because Cosmo has been slacking! Silly gnome.

But what's this? A new person! The demoness bar-maid is about to call out a cheerful greeting when-

Suddenly tentacles!

Oi... Looks like the Quiet Jar is going to get some more coins in it tonight.

"Look out!" comes a rather frantic warning as Zee aims to dive at the blind-folded newcomer, knocking her out of the way of the horrible rubbery embrace of the tavern's resident tentacle monster.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-27, 02:24 AM
Haruki,his wings extended, flies into the tavern and over the tentacles, slicing one or two without sparing it a thought. When he notices the woman, he approaches, smiling, and drops next to her.

"Hi! Are you new here?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 02:27 AM
The newcomer responds, in a considerably shaky voice, quiet and rolling on a faltering breath,
"I-ah... yes... yes, I think. Where-... where is 'here', exactly? I... shouldn't be loose."

Her head tilts left and right, stopping after a few rotations where she guesses her addresser might be. It is quite clear that the wound length of cloth about her eye-line are an effective blindfold.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-27, 02:30 AM
"Lady? Over here!" He waves at her, whether she can see him well enough or not.

"Well, 'here' can be several things. 'Here' can be 'on this chair' or 'in this pub' or 'in this city' or 'in this universe'. In order those go: That is this chair, in Trog's Tavern, in the city of... well, it's a city, but debatable. And this universe is the Nexus."

The way he says it, it's like he's had to go through this explanation lots of times before. This is because he has.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 02:33 AM
Her flushed features blanch a little, before a quiet nod is forthcoming from the newcomer. A moment's pause is given, perhaps to think, before her pale lips part once more in response.
"I..." a cracked reply begins, before being drowned by a gasp, after which a reply surfaces anew, "They'll be looking for me! Ah... I'd... I suppose I should stay here, while I wait. Is... is it safe?"

celtois
2010-12-27, 02:35 AM
Xavier doesn't seem to be having a ton of luck with his tentacle. Fact is when something has no distinct anatomy your better off with a big weapon then a pair of daggers. Which is what he had.

To hack away at it's rubbery surface.

he is however managing to fend it off.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-27, 02:38 AM
"Er... if you don't mind the tentacles, sure. WHOA!" His sword cuts cleanly through a tentacle that was coming for them. "Yikes, that one nearly got to us. What's your name?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 02:42 AM
"I'm, uh, Batree. I'm-, I'm not meant to be outside without permission. And, um, I never get permission. I'm sorry, it was an accident."

Her features begin to flush again at quite a rate, perhaps through embarassment more than any sort of breathlessness this time; certainly the danger from the attacking tentacle was not noticed at all, unless one were to connect.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-27, 02:44 AM
"Well, this place isn't Outside. It's in Inside. Sometimes."

He puts on a slightly more serious note. "Are you... running from someone? Do you need shelter?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 02:48 AM
Batree's head shakes very quickly, almost frantic. "No, no! I can't run, you don't know what they'll do..." She trails off, no elaboration given on that response but for a thick shiver, permeating through her whole body, deep and fully-felt. She pauses for a moment, perhaps in thought, before speaking again. "I should... stay somewhere I can be found, if I'm... elsewhere. Otherwise... accidents. I don't know. Is this place... easy to find, from my world?" Her voice comes with some genuine curiosity by now, the dulled tone and nervous stutter making up much of her earlier communication beginning to fade.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-27, 02:51 AM
"That sort of thing... how am I supposed to know? Do they generally find other universes in your world? If so, then yes."

He looks a bit confused. "Well, if you really want to not hide, then you're in the right place here. Though I'm starting to get mixed signals about what you're trying to do."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 02:55 AM
Batree remains quiet for a few moments in response to this. After a while, she gives a slow, quiet reply, in a croakier voice than previously. "I'm... I'm not supposed to make decisions. They use me to make energy, for the psychics, not to go out and do things. So... I'm supposed to be back at the Tower, making energy, not out here. I don't know what happened... there was some buildup, and then... then I was gone. I just don't know what happened... but I'm not supposed to be on my own. I'm not allowed." Her tone is somewhat on edge, clearly not well-used to situations such as this one, and her breathing has started to pick up in speed once again.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-27, 02:59 AM
"Oh, dear. So... you're here by accident? Well, I don't think you have much... to worry about..." Seems like a textbook case to him. "I don't think they'll come after you here."

The Angel sighs. "Look, I'm not too fond of them, but maybe GLoG can help you out. They do that... 'helping people' thing a lot."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 03:05 AM
Her head ticks up and down for a few slow moments, and after this period of contemplation, a steadier reply comes. "I-... I hope they don't follow. I... I hate it there. But I'll find out, I'm sure. Who... who is that, then? This... 'glog'?" Her brow is wrinkled above the cloth strip wrapped beneath it, perhaps in anxiety or deep thought.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-27, 03:08 AM
"They're the 'Good League of Good'. Don't ask me how that works. Probably something like the Redundant Department of Redundancy. Either way, you just go this way. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181195) I'm sure they'll help you out."

Alas, deadtime.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-27, 08:24 AM
The deadtime ooze finally retreats from it's quiet battle with Friend, letting him return to the land of the awake.
What he sees is a tentacle in front of him, staring confusedly at the hooded ex-fae

"I can hardly be the strangest being in this room, can I?"

The tentacle just cautiously try to grab him, and with a silent scream retreats to the nearest table.

"magical octopi I presume?"

Not getting an answer Friend just looks around to see how everybody else is doing.

Rebonack
2010-12-27, 10:49 AM
"Q-Tentacles," Zee explains as she grabs one of the rubbery limbs and rips it clean out of the floor. Rawr! The tentacle monster doesn't seem to like this abuse all that much and decides to retreat for the time being.

No one is ever nice to it!

It just wants to keep things exciting!

The demony bar-maid then casts her attention at Friend now that no one will have to worry about the Byzantine grappling rules for a while. "Oh! Hye, you're that guy Rairl shot, right? Sorry about that. I think he was under the influence of some kind of rage spell..."

She sounds truly apologetic.

Given that she's a demon one might assume it's some kind of act.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-27, 11:31 AM
Fortunately nobody but people he ignore anyway told Friend that he should be suspicious of demons.

"The werulf? Oh. You are Zee, I presume?"

Unfortunately it seems nobody told him about social norms or what the correct responce to an apology for nearly having you killed is.

Meanwhile, a weird little light is looking at a dead tentacle.

Rebonack
2010-12-27, 11:38 AM
Guess it's a good thing that Zee's just under the effect of a demony curse thing as opposed to being an actual soul-snatcher then, huh?

*ahem*

"Were... Yes. Raril's a werewolf. A white poofy one!" white poofy werewolves are the best kind. At least Zee thinks so. But she's probably biased. "And yeah, I'm Zee. I make the sammiches here at Trog's! And get people drinks when Cosmo doesn't feel like doing his job."

Which is most of the time, really.

The tentacle...

Looks like a tentacle.

It's also busy evaporating.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 12:02 PM
A figure made of black energy has been hovering there in the tavern for a while now... I guess, time travel type stuff is confusing. It's likely invisible to everybody in the tavern, unless they have a Lantern ring of power. Maybe someone might be able to pick up on it if they are sensitive to such things, but if it is even magic at all it is likely unfamiliar to them.

It has been there watching Xavier for a while, but now it suddenly disappears.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-27, 12:16 PM
Friend looks thoughtful

"Never had it explained like that before, certainly more merry a view on weru-werewolves than most of our guests"

He'd totally try being a poofy white werewolf! But he's not sure it's very smart, or possible, for him to look for werewolves.

"The fox-human Avatar mentioned magic obscuring the weru-werewolf's mind as well, does the name 'Vice' bring any thought to mind?"
He say chitter-chatterly, he is still pondering on werewolves and the positive effects of being turned into a wolf from time to time. Ex-fae are like that.

(short dedtime for eatsies! Sorry :smallfrown:)

celtois
2010-12-27, 12:44 PM
(Le sigh. If Xavier had actually been trying to hide I've be pretty pissed off by this whole energy clone. Insta-find nonsense. He wasn't so I'm going to let it slide. )

Sitting at the bar, still is Xavier. He's whispering into a ring on his finger.

and looking none too happy with whatever response he's getting. Which is a mental response.

"You want me to what?"

He sighs.

"Yeah, yeah I'll do it. "

"Another ring?"

He asks a small turquoise ring appears on the table beside him.

"Fine, whatever. You'll teleport me there in what? Five minutes?"

Gullara
2010-12-27, 12:47 PM
((Hmm, yeah you're right. I'll put some limitations on it in the future.))

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 02:35 PM
Oh, hey, look who's here. It's Crae, and he means business. He approaches Xavier.

Outside. Now. We Finish This.

He says. He's still bandaged up from their last fight and his wings are nowhere to be seen, but his eyes are glowing their deep blue, so he's ready for anything.

celtois
2010-12-27, 02:44 PM
Xavier turns around to face him.

"Oh hello again. Crae was it. See why exactly should I do that? You bleed vortexes. It's not exactly conducive to fighting."

He takes a swing of his next glass of beer.

"Besides I'm comfy here."

He conspicuously unclipped the safety on his pistol just in case.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 02:49 PM
You Killed Rae And He Was Even More Powerful Than I Am, What Reason Do You Have To Worry?

He says, crossing his arms.

All You Have To Do Is Get In One Quick Killshot, And I'll Be Down Just As Easily As He Was. I'd Just Rather Not Have Any Collateral Damage, Your Gun Could Easily Punch Through Me And Hit Someone Else, And I Wouldn't Want that.

celtois
2010-12-27, 02:52 PM
Xavier rolls his eyes. "You haven't come here to die. So obviously you have a plan. One that involves my destruction, something I want no part of."

Xavier takes a swig of his drink

"I wasn't a match for Rae in a fair fight. Heck I couldn't even hit you in our fight until you stood still for me. I'm not going to fight. Since it's obviously you've got too many cards up your sleeve."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 03:01 PM
How Do You Know I Didn't Come Here To Die? I Spent Eleven Years Wanting Nothing More Than That, And To Take Rae With Me. Now That Rae's Gone, What Do I Have To Live For?

He asks, seemingly entirely sincere.

The Only Reason I Survived Our Last Fight Was Because The Tear Decided To Spit Me Out Into The Infirmary At GLoG. Oh, And If You Don't Remember, You Cut Off My Sleeve.

He says, holding up his left arm, which indeed does have the sleeve cut off at the elbow.

celtois
2010-12-27, 03:05 PM
"Because if you came here to die...." Xavier grins. "You know what fine. Lets go outside. You can die."

(He knows something Crae doesn't. The teleport he called in earlier activates in one or two posts. xD)

Xavier stands and heads for the door.

"Oh if only I could have been lucky and it killed you. Lets go."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 03:12 PM
((Then Crae will just have to be quick. :smalltongue:))

Crae will follow him outside, smiling widely.

((So, Take it to Inside for just one or two posts or keep it in here and just mark it with [Outside the Tavern]?))

celtois
2010-12-27, 03:14 PM
[Outside the Tavern :smallwink:]

The smile, Is duly noted.

As soon as Xavier sets foot outside of the tavern. He'll spin around pull his gun out and try and plug a bullet right though Crae's skull.

(Crae is always quick :smallwink:)

iElf
2010-12-27, 03:14 PM
Lauretta leads Din safely back to Trog's, before any nasty drow could hurt her. "You probably shouldn't go into the red zone alone, Priestess."

Din shivers a little "....I can cope normally...I just freeze up when I see a drow...you've seen what they've done to me. and those were just the marks they wanted me to remember "

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 03:18 PM
[Outside the Tavern]

He may find himself with a red bladed sword at his throat, and two red bladed daggers being stabbed at his feet by a ducking Crae.

Having Huge Pockets Sure Comes In Handy Sometimes, As Well As Being Crazy Enough To Believe My Own Lies.

((...I wouldn't know...))

celtois
2010-12-27, 03:22 PM
[Outside the Tavern]

"The fact that you think that I believed them in entertaining. It's just easier for them to get a fix on my out here."

Xavier grins. As he leaps back to avoid the blades.

And then.

Vanishes.

The discerning eye may note he tapped an amulet before doing so.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 03:25 PM
[Outside The Tavern]

I Didn't Say You Believed Them, I Said That I Did.

Crae says to the empty air, before shaking his head.

Next Time, I Don't Give Him A Chance.

He says, before heading back into the tavern.

celtois
2010-12-27, 03:27 PM
[Outside the Tavern]

He didn't teleport yet. This is the teleport post.

Just used his invisibility amulet. :smallamused:

As Crae turns around to head inside Xavier will try and fire another bullet at the back of his skull

Glad that ruse worked.. and extra glad once again for the silencer of his pistol.

And then whether the shot hit or not. UNSEEN gets a fix on him, and he's teleported off. To who knows where.

Murkus
2010-12-27, 03:27 PM
Jack undeadtimes, leaning forward and smiling. He whispers to Xifra, "See anybody else that might have something interesting?"

He studies the other tavern-goers for valuables, odd items, or the like.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 03:36 PM
[Outside the Tavern]

Like I Said. Next Time, You Don't Get A Chance.

Crae says, A tunnel of blue denim appearing behind his head, guiding the bullet up and into the sky.

You May Want to Work On A New Plan As Well. Invisibility Usually Masks Someone's Aura, But If I Know They're There I Can Still See It If I Concentrate Hard Enough.

And he reenters the Tavern, looking around at all of the patrons. He sits in a corner booth and orders a Dragon's Fire Breath.