PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXVI

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

happyturtle
2010-12-27, 03:42 PM
Din shivers a little "....I can cope normally...I just freeze up when I see a drow...you've seen what they've done to me. and those were just the marks they wanted me to remember "

"Freezing up in that part of town can get you killed, or worse," Lauretta says.

Jack undeadtimes, leaning forward and smiling. He whispers to Xifra, "See anybody else that might have something interesting?"

He studies the other tavern-goers for valuables, odd items, or the like.

Xifra looks around as well, skipping over Lauretta since stealing from my own character would be blah. :smalltongue:

iElf
2010-12-27, 03:48 PM
"Freezing up in that part of town can get you killed, or worse," Lauretta says.

Din sighs "...that's true...thank you...um..." she looks nervous

happyturtle
2010-12-27, 04:12 PM
"What is it, Priestess?" Lauretta asks.

Not seeing any interesting PCs to steal from, Xifra starts scanning the npcs. :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2010-12-27, 04:13 PM
Fae in general are rather silly.

Zee scowls at the mention of Vice. "He's a nasty critter from a nasty place that does nasty things. You're best bet is to just stay well away from him 'cuz he'll try to bend you toward eeeeeeviiiiil otherwise!"

Oh no!

Not evil!

Zee wiggles her fingers in a threatening fashion when speaking the word eeeeeviiiiil.

Then she serves some drinks!

Because Cosmo is on his fourth break for the morning.

iElf
2010-12-27, 04:14 PM
"What is it, Priestess?" Lauretta asks.

Not seeing any interesting PCs to steal from, Xifra starts scanning the npcs. :smalltongue:

"...I'm...I'm sorry...about the whole...stuff...um...but I really don't trust your god..."

Murkus
2010-12-27, 04:19 PM
Yeah, but how many NPCs have interesting stuff?

Jack frowns when there's few results. Twas a shame, really. Though he does spot something interesting. A magically irradiated half-elf NPC, who might suit well for an experiment he wanted to try on Xifra.

"Say, Xifra, forget about that a second. I'd like you to show me what you used on those thieves."

happyturtle
2010-12-27, 04:24 PM
"You mean, draw a ward, here?" Xifra asks.

"Of course you don't. You aren't in communion with Dalachrech, as I am." Lauretta says.

Jacklu
2010-12-27, 04:25 PM
"Well... I know that this place isn't a dream to everyone else," Zee admits with a shrug. "It's really real to the people that aren't me. And... I'm pretty certain it's at least sort of real to me as well."

She ponders this a while.

How would she get home?

Maybe...

"Avatar might be able to help me with the getting home part. Not sure about the getting back..."

"Mee mah, I move things in extra directions!" Avatar announces before pouncing on a random mouse from an angle perpendicular to reality. The poor animal squeals in terror moments before getting a face full of teeth.

Om nom nom!

Luna thinks for a moment before snapping her fingers.

I know! I could ghost you! I mean, granny traveling isn't as in depth as normal traveling, but it wouldn't require you actually dying. Not physically, at least. And I am guessing your world was fairly close to this one to slip through so easily, so it won't matter that ghosting only allows you to take a few steps outside the doorway.

She pauses for a moment.

Though there might be an issue temporally... I am assuming you stick with linear time, probably in the direction that allows this conversation to make sense... Ghosting is simple and easy, but requires giving up linear progression to get where we need to... can get the where spot on, but not the when... And you wouldn't leave much of a footstep either... But it would allow you to reset your prototype when you got back, assuming that is similar to how you got your powers to begin with... Are you allergic to shellfish?

iElf
2010-12-27, 04:27 PM

"Of course you don't. You aren't in communion with Dalachrech, as I am." Lauretta says.

she shivers a little "but I saw things in that temple....I don't know what they were...but I didn't feel they were good..."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 04:29 PM
Easing herself backwards a few inches onto the chair she stood before, the blind newcomer moves tentatively, and just about carefully enough to take a seated position with neither free hands or eyes to see the way. She speaks quietly to herself as she does so, finishing with a faint frown. "I'll just have a quick sit down... before going..."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 04:33 PM
Easing herself backwards a few inches onto the chair she stood before, the blind newcomer moves tentatively, and just about carefully enough to take a seated position with neither free hands or eyes to see the way. She speaks quietly to herself as she does so, finishing with a faint frown. "I'll just have a quick sit down... before going..."

Let's say she is sitting near Orak. The kroot looks over at her, "Do you need assistance?" he asks.

Seeing as she is blind, the newcomer won't recognize that Orak is not human or something similar. His voice does have a clicking quality to it.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 04:36 PM
Her cloth-wrapped head turns in the general direction of the reply, waving to and fro for a moment before coming to rest, angled in the direction she guesses the reply came from.
After a moment, her lips part in a quick, slightly shrill response.
"Ah! I... sorry, I did not mean to intrude. No... I should be fine... I have directions. I think. Sorry."

Murkus
2010-12-27, 04:41 PM

Jack nods, gesturing towards the half-elf npc. "There, more specifically. But yes. I want you to show me what you did."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 04:42 PM
Her cloth-wrapped head turns in the general direction of the reply, waving to and fro for a moment before coming to rest, angled in the direction she guesses the reply came from.
After a moment, her lips part in a quick, slightly shrill response.
"Ah! I... sorry, I did not mean to intrude. No... I should be fine... I have directions. I think. Sorry."

Orak shakes his head, not that she can see it. "I meant with seating yourself. I imagine such things can be difficult without sight. I sure I wouldn't make a good guide."

He attempts to take her hand to shake it, a typical human greeting. "My name is Orak." She'll notice his hand only has four digits and is much longer than a human's.

Rebonack
2010-12-27, 04:42 PM
Zee just kind of...

Stares.

The demoness managed to make sense of about half of what Luna just said. Apparently she's suggesting some kind of time travel? How would that even work? Reasonably well if this odd woman is to believe.

"Eerr... Like... crab and stuff? No, I don't think so," Zee replies. She really isn't sure what clams would have to do with time travel. But given the nature of stuff going on around the Nexus at all times weirdness is pretty much par for course.

"So... What do I need to do?"

Then Avatar arrives! He's looking more human than before! Yay!

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 04:46 PM
Her hands are somewhat awkward to take to shake (but possible), being held behind her in short cloth straps, in a manner not dissimilar to a straightjacket. The rest of her clothing is white plastic, form-fitting, and unappealing to the eye. Both of these things along with the thick cloth wrapping where eyes ought to be certainly give an odd appearance, perhaps similar to an asylum escapee.

She replies to his words slowly and quietly.
"Uh, a pleasure. I am, um, Batree. I should be okay sat here, I think, just as long as I don't have to get up and sit down again."

Mina Kobold
2010-12-27, 04:47 PM
Oh no, not Eeeviil!

"Mayhap it ould be bad to mention that fox-man Avatar talked about this 'Evil Vice' going through the werewolf's chest? Or likely"

Friend looks thoughtful for a moment, maybe he's concerned about the werewolf? Of course not, fae aren't concerned about anything that doesn't glow in at least two colours that would drive a mortal mad.

"When I think back he also called the man that carried the woman up the stairway 'Vice' Mayhap she can help the wer-Raril"

And with that, Friend tries to get up, but given the nature of Trog's his chair might decide to run away before he can do so.

happyturtle
2010-12-27, 04:48 PM
Xifra takes out her chalk, and approaches the npc, counting on her aura to keep him hidden. She starts to draw a chalk circle around his table.

Lauretta says, "Perhaps it wasn't well done to bring a Priestess of another faith into the temple. It may be your attachment to Angela was weakened while you were there, making you feel uneasy. Certainly I've never felt anything but comfort in the temple."

Lord Magtok
2010-12-27, 04:51 PM
She replies to his words slowly and quietly.
"Uh, a pleasure. I am, um, Batree."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3M9Y/Sy5RIvv0EKI/AAAAAAAALKs/97WazFT7fm4/s400/batman-christmas-tree-2.jpg

Gullara
2010-12-27, 04:52 PM
((Totally forgot about that. Disregard the handshake thing))

"Good to meat you Batree," Orak says. He considers her clothing. "Are you a psyker?" He asks.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 04:54 PM
At these words, her brow wrinkles quickly, lips pursing up into a tight, wrinkly circle. It takes a few moments for her to shake her head slowly, and a reply to come. "I... no. I have the energy, but... no, can't use it. It's... complicated. The Tower uses me, and others, to make energy for the psychics." Her features blanch a little as she speaks, head dropping into a slightly downcast position as the very brief explanation progresses.

iElf
2010-12-27, 04:55 PM
Lauretta says, "Perhaps it wasn't well done to bring a Priestess of another faith into the temple. It may be your attachment to Angela was weakened while you were there, making you feel uneasy. Certainly I've never felt anything but comfort in the temple."

Din sighs , and orders a drink "...I saw some strange things there...do you keep slaves at the temple?"

Gullara
2010-12-27, 04:58 PM
An angry tone enters Orak's voice, "So you are controlled by the Imperium? No doubt for the sake of their so called God Emperor." He pauses, "Do you want to be free of your bindings?"

Murkus
2010-12-27, 05:02 PM
Xifra takes out her chalk, and approaches the npc, counting on her aura to keep him hidden. She starts to draw a chalk circle around his table.

It probably works. The half elf keeps eating.

Jack nods, and waits for Xifra to power the circle up.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 05:02 PM
A nervous expression comes to the woman's face, as she grows thoughtful for a moment more. "I-... I don't really know if I'm allowed... if they find me, and I've done that, then I don't even know what they'd do..." She trails off into a quiet whimper, before a shiver runs up and down her spine, fear the obvious cause.

happyturtle
2010-12-27, 05:07 PM
"What? No, of course not!" Lauretta says.

Xifra tries to power up the circle. Though, with the extra pressure of being in a public place and being watched by Jack, and without the fuel of adrenaline and anger that she had before, it's probably only about half as powerful as what she did in the tower.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 05:08 PM
((So Warhammer 40k? Or just similar?))

"I and my friend will protect you if it comes to that. Binding you like this, it is contrary to everything the Greater Good stands for." He says with venom in his voice.

iElf
2010-12-27, 05:11 PM
"What? No, of course not!" Lauretta says.

Din sighs, and starts drinking "I saw this cat girl at the temple...she was dressed in simple clothes, and was mute...maybe something sinister is going on at the temple without you knowing..."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 05:12 PM
((Probably just similar, on the basis of the word 'psychics' - but if you want to know more, you know where to ask!))

Her head ticks up and down fractionally in response, then left and right in a quick shake.

"I... yes, maybe, but... I don't know. They're -strong-. Lots of energy, and training. I... I can do energy, but I can't use it. I... it's not worth risking it. Not unless you're sure. Someone else told me that they probably can't even follow, but I just don't know. It's a risk."

Rebonack
2010-12-27, 05:14 PM
Oh no, not Eeeviil!

"Mayhap it ould be bad to mention that fox-man Avatar talked about this 'Evil Vice' going through the werewolf's chest? Or likely"

Friend looks thoughtful for a moment, maybe he's concerned about the werewolf? Of course not, fae aren't concerned about anything that doesn't glow in at least two colours that would drive a mortal mad.

"When I think back he also called the man that carried the woman up the stairway 'Vice' Mayhap she can help the wer-Raril"

And with that, Friend tries to get up, but given the nature of Trog's his chair might decide to run away before he can do so.

Friend's chair gallops out from under him, rears up, and paws at the air with its front legs.

The drops back to the ground, once more a totally normal chair.

"I think Raril is more or less fine at the moment," Zee sighs. "We brought him to some priests to get him fixed up. Though I'm glad you're concerned about him."

That's always nice!

Avatar, meanwhile, freezes right in the doorway.

...and sniffs at the air a few times.

"Oooh, smells like new person in here!" he comments to no one in particular as he starts heading toward Batree and Orak. For the record Avatar appears... mostly human. The blue fox-ears on top of his head are certainly unusual.

Murkus
2010-12-27, 05:19 PM
Xifra tries to power up the circle. Though, with the extra pressure of being in a public place and being watched by Jack, and without the fuel of adrenaline and anger that she had before, it's probably only about half as powerful as what she did in the tower.

There's a slight, almost inaudible snap as the ward closes, and the half-elf blinks. He noticed something.

Jack gestures for Xifra to come back to his table, grinning and looking proud.

happyturtle
2010-12-27, 05:24 PM
Xifra returns and sits down again, feeling self-conscious, but pleased.

"That's Tarena. She's mute, but that doesn't mean she's there unwillingly," Lauretta says gently. "Din, I think your past may be coloring your judgement."

iElf
2010-12-27, 05:27 PM

"That's Tarena. She's mute, but that doesn't mean she's there unwillingly," Lauretta says gently. "Din, I think your past may be coloring your judgement."

Din sighs, and takes another drink "...you may be right..."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 05:29 PM
((Probably just similar, on the basis of the word 'psychics' - but if you want to know more, you know where to ask!))

Her head ticks up and down fractionally in response, then left and right in a quick shake.

"I... yes, maybe, but... I don't know. They're -strong-. Lots of energy, and training. I... I can do energy, but I can't use it. I... it's not worth risking it. Not unless you're sure. Someone else told me that they probably can't even follow, but I just don't know. It's a risk."

((Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind.))

"Strong or not, what they are doing to you is an insult." Orak isn't really compassionate, but his ideals are being violated here. "You will be protected. I'm taking off the bindings on your head." He reaches to remove them.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-27, 05:34 PM
Friend falls and looks at the chair, snarkingly, despite lack of actualy taking to it.

"That's good, mayhap I can hear his and your stories when he gets better. If I am not eaten by the floor before then"

There was the snark! He said it to Zee, though, so it doesn't count.

He continues staring at the chair, so focused he doesn't notice that a nearby lamp is staring at him and something in the air is staring at Zee.

(Need sleepsies, but the staredown keeps the ooze away from Friend, hooray!)

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 05:36 PM
Bright, sky-blue eyes are revealed after the removal of the grubby length of cloth. They drink in the light, though are forced into a squint by the sudden change in intensity.

"Ah!" comes a quick shout from the woman as her eyes have a moment to take in the form before her, "You're-!... I-... I'm sorry, but I, uh, I think I'm unfamiliar with your kind... but thankyou." Her face takes on a quick flush.

Murkus
2010-12-27, 05:37 PM

Jack smiles, glancing back at the npc, and reaches his hands out across the table. "Take my hands. Time for another quick lesson, I think."

Shadowcaller
2010-12-27, 05:40 PM
"He gives us visions at certain times, then there's a rite in the initiation of a cleric in which Dalachrech plays an active part. But the rite is secret, and we cannot talk of it. As for His ultimate goal, we don't know. It is far too complex for mortals to understand, and requires patience only an immortal is capable of. We think." At the moment, Dalachrech is working against Baalzebul and Lolth, so He can add the word 'All' to His title.
"He also allows His clerics to channel power from Him through themselves, which we can use for healing, summoning, that sort of thing." Basically, cleric-spells.

((Now though, Deadtime))

"So you do know how Dalachrech look like then? Or how does he show himself when he takes 'active' place within your rituals? Some do claim Dalachrech is some sort of demon, how do you respond to that?"

Gullara
2010-12-27, 05:41 PM
"My kind are called the kroot. I will assist you with the rest." Orak says and reaches for her. He pauses, "Do you have clothes under that?" he asks. He's never understood human modesty. He himself is only wearing a loincloth and a few straps of leather.

Full description in sig link.

Regardless of her answer he will remove the straps binding her arms.

happyturtle
2010-12-27, 05:42 PM
Jack smiles, glancing back at the npc, and reaches his hands out across the table. "Take my hands. Time for another quick lesson, I think."

Xifra takes his hands eagerly, ready to learn.

((but her player needs sleep, so deadtime))

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 05:45 PM
It is fairly easy to unbuckle the straps without actually removing the garment in question; it would appear that it was designed to be used in both configurations.

She rubs at her wrists very slowly, trying to stimulate them back into full sensation, all the while her large eyes scanning Orak up and down.

"I see." comes her reply. "Are your people common here, then? I'm afraid I have never seen anything but humans living in my world, though I believe there are animals and plants as well, but nothing so grand as yourself." She leans back slightly, an odd mixture of curiosity and admiration blended in her expression.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 05:54 PM
Orak shakes his head. "Not common, no. I've yet to encounter another in my time here." he says.

Rebonack
2010-12-27, 05:57 PM
Wow!

That's a lot of staring!

Friend's player best get some sleep before things get too silly.

"Sure! Stories are fun!" Zee replies cheerfully.

As for Avatar...

He approaches the psionic battery and her kroot acquaintance.

"Good (insert appropriate time) to you both. I can't help but notice that you're new here and... eerr... a little distressed?" the fox-eared fellow comments to the recently de-blindfolded young woman. "If there's anything I can do to help, anything you need to know about this crazy place you've been dropped into, feel free to ask. Okay?"

Hopefully he isn't mistaken for a chaos mutant and shot in the face. That would be terrible.

iElf
2010-12-27, 05:59 PM
Din gets up from her deadtimed "friend" and goes to look for someone to speak to, especially if he knows something about drow...

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 06:03 PM
Batree nods a few times more, before her lips tilt just half a tick upwards into a fractional, tentative smile. Her lips then part as though to reply, before a fox-eared figure joins the conversation, and she instead addresses this figure, the newly-approached one. "Oh! Th-thankyou, but I... I think I have directions. Thankyou."

Batree then uses every weapon at her disposal to destroy the foul chaos mutant! However, that is no weapons at all, so this manifests itself as sitting down on a seat in the tavern, with a quiet, faint smile. That'll show 'em.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 06:07 PM
Well Orak has never encountered chaos himself, so I think Avatar is safe.

He nods to Avatar and says after Batree replies, "I guess not."

Man of few words he is.

Rebonack
2010-12-27, 06:16 PM
No one ever expects to be struck down with non-existent weapons!

Avatar simply nods back. "Good, glad you've found some friendly faces already. Just be careful about striking out on your own. The Nexus can be... pretty dangerous."

With zombies and ghouls and monsters oh my!

That said he heads off to the counter, no doubt to get something to drink!

But what...

That's the real question!

Hmm... Maybe the hot chocolate this time?

O some tea...

TruorTupnm
2010-12-27, 06:21 PM
The door opens to admit Kojare, newly-Lanterned Ruurian! Newly Ringed? Rung? He's wearing an indigo power ring and undulating up to the bar, after closing the door behind him, anyway. At the bar, he hops up into a stool and, "Just some juice, please." He then swivels on the stool to take in the crowd.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 06:22 PM
Batree looks back to Orak after the newest addition to the conversation departs once again. "As am I." comes a quiet addition, with that same very tentative smile. Her hands by now are starting to colour with blood-flow returning to them, though they do appear mildly bruised.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 06:24 PM
Kojare will get waved at by Crae, who is sitting in the corner drinking a Dragon's Fire Breath. It's a saying hello kind of wave, saying he could come over if he wanted to, but if not that's cool too.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 06:25 PM
Orak raises an eyebrow, or the equivalent for a kroot. He's really quite good with human expression. "Are you? That is the reason those who held you before felt the need to bind you, yes?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 06:33 PM
Batree's expression turns somewhat blank, with some evident confusion and she peers back to Orak. "Oh... I meant... hm. I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand - am I what?"

Gullara
2010-12-27, 06:39 PM
Orak leans forward. "Are you dangerous? When he," he gestures at Avatar, "said the Nexus was dangerous, you said, As am I." Kroot have good hearing.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-27, 06:40 PM
Kojare quirks an antenna as one would an eyebrow at Crae, and, once he acquires his randomly selected juice, he undulates over to the corner, where he extends a hand for shakeage. "Greetings. I'm Kojare. I think I saw you around the old Lantern base, around when I was joining. You were, ah, making pies, I think. They give you a job here, then?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 06:43 PM
Batree gives a quick, sharp gasp of comprehension. "Ah!" comes her reply, "No, no, no. That was meant in reply to him saying he was glad I'd found friendly faces already! Goodness, no, I'm not dangerous at all. I wish." She seems positively amused by the thought.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 06:43 PM
No. I Came Here To Find Rae's Killer.

Says Rae's clone, shaking Kojare's hand.

He Got Away, Unfortunately. I'm Crae, By The Way. Rae's Clone, Obviously. I Assume that Nonsensical Hoverboard Challenge Is Still going on?

Gullara
2010-12-27, 06:50 PM
Orak sits back and laughs. It's a sharp clicking sound. "I feel foolish." He shakes his head.

"Now, what were we talking about before?"

TruorTupnm
2010-12-27, 06:51 PM
Kojare's antennae shoot up with surprise, for more than one reason (One was that he didn't know that cloning was going on in this universe. He wouldn't have noticed, since most non-Ruurians look alike, to him), but they smooth down, at the last question, at which he barks a laugh. "Ha! The were still having fun, when I left, yeah. Nothing nonsensical about that, considering."

He then turns around to check out the rest of the bar, suspiciously. "Anyway, so, I guess you know the killer? No one else seems to. How'd you know he'd be here? Think any of his friends are around?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 06:54 PM
Batree lifts her right hand to scratch underneath her chin. "I'm not rightly sure," she begins after a moment's thought, "The wheres and whys of this world, and getting my eyes out, amongst other things, I suppose, but nothing that hasn't been put aside already. What would you like to talk about? I don't know much, but I can try to keep up one end of a chat..."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 06:59 PM
Orak nods, "The ins and outs of this world aren't something I can say too much about. I'm new here myself. Just expect anything."

"As for what I want to talk about. Maybe you would like to here a bit about the Greater Good." The way he says it gives the impression of it being something that means a lot to him.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 06:59 PM
The Nonsensical Part Was Them Using That As A Way To Choose A New Leader. Rae Would Be Rolling Over In His Grave, If He Had One.

Crae says, though that may or may not be true.

The Killer's Name Is Xavier, Apparently, And I Had Nite Track Him Using A Trick that I Remembered From When I Was Part Of Rae. Besides That, I Know Absolutely Nothing About Him Save That He Killed The Closest Thing I Had To A Father, And That Has Been Able To Make Me Angry Enough That I Could Think Straight Since Then.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 07:02 PM
Batree drops her head in a slow, unsure nod. "If you'd like... though you'll have to explain what you mean by that. I don't think I've ever heard the term before." Her lips purse, head tilting fractionally to the left as she regards Orak.

iElf
2010-12-27, 07:03 PM
Din sighs, and goes to leave the tavern

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 07:09 PM
A thunderclap booms just outside Trog's and a billow of deep purple smoke obscures, outlining a man wearing a top hat and cape and holding a cane. Marvel at the Might of Magnio the Magnificent, Master Magician, Mere Mundane Mortals! The Czar of Conjurers, Titan among Tricksters, Earl of Evocation, Ace at Abjuration, Duke of Divining, High poobah of Hypnosis and Illustrious Illusionist!

TruorTupnm
2010-12-27, 07:10 PM
Kojare drinks his juice, and his antennae do that eyebrow quirky thing again. "You mean you don't normally think straight?" Remembering a bit about clones from his own universe, after a beat, he waves his last question away, figuring that the guy is one of the unstable clones he's heard about. "Well, anyway, it's good that you're thinking straight, now, Crae."

He continues, challenginly, "So, what, are you just planning on sitting here to wait for him to come back?" Whether he gets a reaction or not, he shrugs, "I guess he didn't leave any clues, then. Why don't you just use that trick and find him again? A threat like that should be dealt with. The rest of the Lanterns would back you up."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 07:15 PM
"It's a philosophy that was introduced to my people by our allies, the Tau." Orak begins, "It teaches that all beings should strive to make life better for all beings. That we should all unite together so that we might be more prosperous and have better lives." You can tell by the way he talks about it that he has a strong belief in it.

"Myself and a friend, who is a Tau, wish to bring the Greater Good here to the Nexus. The people here could benefit from learning of it, at the very least."

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 07:15 PM
Roland, meanwhile, undeadtimes, and decides to move from the bar to sit over by the fireplace. The tall, muscular, dressed-like-a-cowboy chap* nodding with a bit of a smile to everyone before taking a seat by the fire.

* Aside from that odd amulet around his neck. Cowboys didn't wear things like that.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 07:17 PM
It Only Worked Last Time Because He Left A Solid Trail To Follow. He Teleported This Time, It Would Take Much Longer To Find Him, It Might Not Even Be Possible.

Crae says, shrugging.

Right Now The Main Reason I'm Here Is That Over There,

Crae points toward Char, who was never said to have left the Tavern, and so I'm assuming is still there.

Deadtimed, Is A Little Girl Who Has Lost Her Best Friend, And While I'm Not Him, I'm The Closest Thing She's Going To Find.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 07:19 PM
Batree keeps up her slow, rhythmic nodding as the figure speaks. Her features are just slightly glazed, before growing more attentive as the kroot finishes speaking. "I see. Seems... fairly logical? Though I imagine people aren't exactly happy to put their own goals to one side for such things."

TruorTupnm
2010-12-27, 07:22 PM
"Um, okay." Kojare finally takes a seat, from which he looks towards Char. "Tell me about her friend."

Oh, and to edit, Kojare claps loudly for the magician, until he notices that no one else is, which is when he'd stop and wonder, "Wrong reaction?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 07:28 PM
Magnio the Mighty *applause* strides out of the purple smoke, revealing himself to be a tall, although not thin, man in a white tuxedo, tie, and cape, all with swirling spiral paterns upon them. He also wears a black top hat, which foesn't quite cover his gold-streaked silver hair, and holds a black cane with a knob in the shape of a silver skull. With a flourish of said cane at the purple smoke, it vanishes, and he strides up to the bar and grabs himself a drink. Tough crowd.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 07:29 PM
"Very true. The universe I can from was hostile. Many violent beings would try to take our homes and kill us. The Tau would always first send members of the Water Caste, the diplomats. Of course when that didn't work and we were still attacked the Fire Caste and us Kroot would step in." Orak says.

"On many human planets the Tau were able to rally support from many humans that saw the wisdom in the Greater Good. The leaders would largely oppose us though. I hope the Nexus will be more willing to listen."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 07:33 PM
"I see. I hope your... quest goes well, I suppose. Preferably without the violence, since that never seems to end well..." A fractional smile of encouragement is offered towards the kroot at this.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 07:34 PM
Crae sighs.

It Was Rae, Of Course. And I Really Can't Describe Him. I Was Part Of Him For Eleven Years, And That Entire Time I Was Trying To Kill Him, Indirectly, But Still. When He Got Me Out, He Tried To Kill Me, Of Course, But As Soon As I Was Cured Of My Suicidal And Violent Tendencies, He Forgave Me. He Saved My Life, And Then He Took Care Of Me. He Did Things Like That For Almost Everyone He Met, He Always Put Others Before Himself, And He Never Understood Why People Looked Up At Him For It. But Now He's Dead, And I'm The Only Thing Left Of Him. Do You Know How It Feels To Have Something Like That On Your Shoulders?

wxdruid
2010-12-27, 07:36 PM
Phèdre flounces into the Tavern. Her cheeks are pink and she looks a bit flushed. It's just possible she might be drunk on something. But, her next actions show it, since she isn't as polite (or as lady like) as she was last night.

She tip taps over to Roland in her high heels and tries to make herself comfortable on his lap. Why not, that's her thinking. She likes him, and oh boy, he has some nice muscles as she stabilizes herself.

She's soft in all the right spots with all the right curves. She also feels warm instead of cool to the touch.

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 07:41 PM
And Roland suddenly finds himself with a rather...fascinating lady depositing herself in his lap. Which raises an eyebrow. Both of them, in fact.

And he can't help but chuckle as he recovers from his initial surprise.
"Well, hello there, Miss Phèdre. Make yourself at home," he says with a wry smile. "I would say it's a pleasure to see you again, but it seems you already would agree with that statement."

TruorTupnm
2010-12-27, 07:41 PM
Kojare suspected that the friend he was talking about was Rae, but he was a bit taken aback by his description of himself. Keeping in mind that Crae said that he was only acting relatively rationally due to anger, he kept his tone light. "Sure, I do. We could trade stories all night, pal. Of course, the specifics won't match, but people can always find a way to understand each other." He speaks into his juice, "The heroes from my universe love a good redemption story. Nobody's too evil to be brought to the Light, they say."

wxdruid
2010-12-27, 07:44 PM
Phèdre is pleased with his response and she puts one arm around his shoulder to get comfortable. She crosses her legs, so she doesn't inadvertently flash someone. She laughs a little, Why thank you Roland. I must say I'm pleased to find you here.

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 07:47 PM
And Phèdre will probably find the demigod putting his own arm around her waist, the better to hold her in place. "You're quite welcome, ma'am. And I've nowhere else to be as of yet, so I've been busy observing how things have changed in my absence."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 07:49 PM
"Preferably without the violence is right. Not least because there are only two of us. The Nexus does seem like it would be less resistant toward the Greater Good though. They aren't under the tyrannical rule of a self proclaimed god." The kroot says. "Thank you for listening to me. It is refreshing to meet someone not hostile to the Greater Good."

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 07:53 PM
The Story Of Rae's Life, And I Guess Mine. He Did So Many Things He Wasn't Proud Of, But He Was Constantly Trying To Make Up For It. Well, Really, It Was Mostly Myself Or The Other One That Did The Things, But Rae Would Always Bear All Of The Weight By Himself. He Believed That If He Could Redeem Himself, Anyone Could.

Crae sighs again.

I Don't Really Have Any Stories Of My Own, Now That I Think About It. Almost All Of Them Would Be Firsthand Recounts Of What Rae's Done, And I Really Don't Have The Concentration To Think About Them Right Now.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 07:53 PM
Batree offers a small, diplomatic smile in response to this. "In fairness, I've not really much of a position to be hostile to much of anything here, have I? Nevertheless, I wish you well. I do, after all, owe you one."

wxdruid
2010-12-27, 07:57 PM
Phèdre inhales his scent and she thinks he'd be mighty tasty, but, she's sated for now, so, she enjoys herself in other ways. Oh? Find anything of interest?

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 07:58 PM
Probably a good thing...
"Oh, a few things, mostly that just as much has changed as has stayed the same. However I must say I haven't found anybody else who's thrown themselves at me like this."
Roland chuckles, winking again.

((Also: 30 minutes for me for now.))

Gullara
2010-12-27, 08:02 PM
The kroot shrugs. "It is appreciated none the less."

Orak gestures to Batree's clothing, "Is that causing you any more trouble? I'm sure something can be found to replace it."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 08:04 PM
Batree shakes her head quickly. "Oh, no, it's fine. Fits well. Besides, I *definitely* would be hurt if I changed it on purpose. Better to not risk it, I'd think... thankyou, though."

wxdruid
2010-12-27, 08:04 PM
Well, I felt rather carefree and impulsive tonight. And he was sitting in a chair which makes it easier...

She flips her hair back with her free hand and it flows like silk over the side of the chair.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-27, 08:06 PM
Kojare looks at his juice and wonders why he didn't ask for something with alcohol in it, since he'd assume that Crae is drinking something pretty hard, to be sitting here, sounding so miserable. Also, Phèdre and Roland remind him of how he'll eventually metamorph into something that will only care about mating.

He shakes his head and reaches out a hand to hopefully comfort Crae. "Don't sell yourself short. You don't need anybody - whether you're some guy's clone or not - to make an impact." He nods at the deadtimed Char. "You've found one way, already, and I can think of plenty more, if you can't." He holds up a finger. "I'm just gonna go grab another drink." He heads for the bar to do just that, asking for something with some kick.

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 08:06 PM
"Being carefree and impulsive can be good. In moderation. However I believe tonight is a night on which carefree and impulsive are, indeed, good things."
And, chuckling, Roland decides to try to brush his hand through her hair...

Gullara
2010-12-27, 08:07 PM
Orak furrows his brow, "If you think so. The bindings should be cut at least. So you cannot be tied up again." He draws his foot long, obsidian blade, "Do you want me to?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 08:10 PM
Crae is actually drinking the equivalent of Cherry Kool-Aid...

I Know I Can Do Things, And I'm Trying, But I've Only Been Able To Act On My Own for Less Than A Month, And It's Hard To Get Used To That So Quickly.

((Deadtime for a bit.))

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 08:11 PM
Batree shakes her head fractionally, eyeing the lengthy knife with some trepidation. "Oh... there's no need, really. It's not really my property to damage, see... it takes some effort to fasten those, so it won't happen by accident." She seems to lean back slightly, clearly not altogether at ease around weaponary.

wxdruid
2010-12-27, 08:11 PM
Her hair falls like silk through his fingers. She snuggles just a little on his lap and smiles up at him. I agree, sometimes it's very worth it and I'm glad I acted on my impulse.

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 08:13 PM
She might notice he's enjoying having her in his lap a bit. :smallamused:
"I must say I enjoy it as well. Sometimes it almost seems as if I intimidate women." Roland chuckles, and keeps brushing her hair. "Not you though, it seems..."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 08:17 PM
Orak puts the knife away. "Not your property to damage? They put it on you to control you didn't they. Why do you care what happens to it? And I wasn't worried about you being bound by accident. There are people that would hurt you for no reason, or seek to control you."

wxdruid
2010-12-27, 08:18 PM
Phèdre looks into his eyes, Intimidate me? That's rather hard and I haven't seen anything about you that would intimidate me.

Her hair is long and silky and when he holds it up to the light, the strands almost drink in the light and leave a dark blue after image.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 08:20 PM
Batree looks around the Tavern, then back to Orak, lifting her shoulders in a little shrug. "I've not really met anyone who seems inclined to hurt me yet, but if I did, I can't exactly look after myself... not sure it would make much difference, compared to the risk."

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 08:21 PM
"Well, you haven't seen all of me yet."
Roland smirks, looking back into Phèdre's eyes, and goes to trace a fingertip across her chin.
"Although I must say I would be quite...interested...in somebody who isn't intimidated even then."
And he winks, shifting her a little on his lap...

Gullara
2010-12-27, 08:25 PM
"Who are these people that had held you captive that you so fear them, even here?" Orak asks.

((Short Deadtime for food))

TruorTupnm
2010-12-27, 08:25 PM
When Kojare gets back to his seat, he sees that Crae has gone in for a bit of creepy deadtime. He sniffs at his drink and, "Blech!"s. "Smells like the stuff at the bottom of the emergency rations!" Thinking about his ship and all of the disgusting emergency rations on it, he sips his drink, which causes a, "Wow!"

wxdruid
2010-12-27, 08:26 PM
mmmm, Phèdre is enjoying this. She smiles back, still not a hint that she has fangs. She's interested and it shows in her eyes and in her body language. She whispers something in his ear...

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 08:29 PM
Batree gives her lower lip a little chew, response coming falteringly, before apparently deciding that the answer is fine to give. "They're... well, it's the Psychics, but they're all from different groups, I think. They all come to the Tower, where they pay the government some money and agree to follow their rules, and in return they get to take some energy from the energy farms. That's where I lived."

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 08:29 PM
It actually makes him blush a little. And Roland chuckles...and then tries to take a better grip of the beautiful woman and stand with Phèdre in his arms, to carry her torwards the stairs.

Whispering back in her ear a bit.

wxdruid
2010-12-27, 08:36 PM
She giggles a little, it's a pleasant feeling, for both of them and her eyes light up with his whispers, it tickles her ear and she likes what he's telling her. She didn't expect things to get to this point so fast, but she has no objections and lets him carry her where he will.

The Bushranger
2010-12-27, 08:39 PM
And Roland will carry Phèdre upstairs, to the room he has reserved...

Gullara
2010-12-27, 08:43 PM
Orak doesn't seem happy about this at all. It offends him really. "Energy farms? What sort of twisted monsters were these people?" He continues to mutter something in a clicking language.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 08:46 PM
A quiet shrug is offered in return to this question, along with a few subdued words coming after the gesture. "They're the only people I knew... I don't know much about that world."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 08:49 PM
Orak stops his muttering, "Well at least you escaped. I still don't see why you cannot remove that clothing they used to bind you. Is it out of fear of them or will it actually harm you to do so?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 08:50 PM
Batree chews on her lower lip for a few moments longer, expression set into a mild smile. "Either they'll find me, or they won't." comes her reply after this time has passed, "If they do, I'd rather not be damaged property. If they don't, nobody has any reason to attack me anyway."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 08:55 PM
Orak concedes with a shrug, "It is your choice." Ugly looking plastic isn't a good look though.:smalltongue:

"How did you end up here anyway?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 08:57 PM
Her shoulders lift in another quick shrug, as Batree gives another quick reply. "Don't know. Your guess is as good as mine. They were building up my energy, like normal, then - nothing. I was gone, elsewhere." Her lips tilt fractionally upwards at this.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 09:02 PM
"That is odd, but it is good it happened." The kroot says.

You better hope one of my other characters, Ghar, doesn't find out about Batree's ability. He wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of it.:smalltongue:

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 09:05 PM
Batree nods a few times in quick succession. "I just hope it wasn't somehow my fault. They'd be able to track it, then, and that wouldn't be good for me, not at all." She shudders slightly at this thought.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 09:08 PM
"I wouldn't know if they could. It doesn't sound like it." Orak says, "But if somehow they do I will help you all I can."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 09:11 PM
Batree nods a few times more, glancing warily left and right about the room once more. "I've seen nothing - yet - so I'm hoping that's true! In any case, we'll certainly see."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 09:21 PM
"We will." Orak says and fingers the blade on the barrel of his rifle. Which is leaning against the bar.

((I'm going to deadtime this character now.))

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 09:57 PM
Magnio looks around for someone to speak to. Surely there is someone to awe in such an establishment?

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 10:00 PM
A young woman stands present in the tavern, looking about the establishment with some evident curiosity in her large, sky-blue eyes - probably one of those irritating newcomers. She wears form-fitting white plastic clothing, which is grubby and unappealing to the eye; very bulky and crudely made. Set at the wrists of the top are a series of straps, in a manner not at all dissimilar to a straightjacket, though they aren't fastened to anything. She is sat down near to the bar.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 10:14 PM
Hey, how did Magnio suddenly get all the way over there? Guess he pulled himself out of a hat or something. I am Magnio the Magnificent, Master Magician. And you're name is?

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 10:19 PM
A thin smile comes to the young woman's face as the man addresses her, before she inclines her head slowly toward him. "I think I heard, when you arrived, sorry... I'm Batree. Pleasure's mine."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 10:28 PM
Indeed it is. Might I buy you a drink. He says, removing his hat.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 10:31 PM
She shakes her head uncertainly, before looking back to the bar, and back again. "I... I don't know. I don't have any money, or anything. Probably not. Sorry, I'm a little out of my depth here..." Her features are taken by a quick flush, and thereafter an apologetic smile.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 10:37 PM
It seems to me that not having any money is a perfect reason to let someone else buy you a drink. They do serve non-alcoholic drinks here you know.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 10:43 PM
Batree gives a quiet nod, features somewhat blank. "If you say so. I... don't really know the rules about what's right and wrong here, so... heh, I don't know what I'm doing! Sorry..."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 10:50 PM
Neither do I, but I can guess, and lie if I'm wrong. He says with a wink, pulling his wallet out of his hat. Barkeep! Cider for both of us! He yells over his shoulder at Cosmo, sending him scurrying off to fetch the drinks.

Murkus
2010-12-27, 11:00 PM
Xifra takes his hands eagerly, ready to learn.

((but her player needs sleep, so deadtime))

((Hmm. It actually might be more interesting to do this to a PC. Are there any magical characters around, folks?))

Jack... well, I suppose what he does next would depend on the other people in the bar.

In a slight continuity shift, he glances around, scanning with his Sight for any magically attuned sentients.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-27, 11:03 PM
((Hmm. It actually might be more interesting to do this to a PC. Are there any magical characters around, folks?))

Jack... well, I suppose what he does next would depend on the other people in the bar.

In a slight continuity shift, he glances around, scanning with his Sight for any magically attuned sentients.

Crae's got a whole bunch of magic energy, and he's currently sitting in the corner of the Tavern waiting for someone to undeadtime.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 11:04 PM
"I... see." comes a rather uncertain reply, sky-blue eyes studying the man intently as he orders beverages. "You're a 'magician', isn't that right? Is that the same as a psychic?"

Gullara
2010-12-27, 11:04 PM

There is now. Nite enters the tavern for the first time since her blockaded it. He looks around nervously.

He looks different now. He is made of ebony now and wears a black cloak.

He sits down at the bar.

((So what are we doing?:smalltongue:))

EDIT: Not even fair Rae.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 11:10 PM
Magnio actually emits a very strong magic aura. Incredibly strong actually. Mainly due to his own delusion.

Exactly! I am a magician, meaning I am conjurer, illusionist, hypnotist AND psychic! Allow me to demonstrate. Magnio says, whipping out a deck of cards. Pick a card, any card, but do not show it to me.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-27, 11:12 PM
Chumley sits down next to Nite and pokes him. "Oi. Why'd you blockade the tavern?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 11:13 PM
She recoils a little at this. "Ah... I... see. I'm not supposed to talk to psychics." A little shiver runs up and down her spine, leaning away from the man in evident fear. She most certainly does not reach out a hand for any cards.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 11:16 PM
Oh come on. Don't 7 foot tall golems come into Trog's all the time?

Nite sighs. "I was dying and I was helping a bastard I thought was the only man who could help me."

Moff Chumley
2010-12-27, 11:18 PM
"Eh, fair enough. What was the deal behind that, anyhow? Mercury, right? Did anyone ever catch up with him?"

Gullara
2010-12-27, 11:20 PM
"The bastard was dead last I heard. Hopefully he stays that way." Nite says.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-27, 11:23 PM
"That's good. I got an infinite supply of free booze here, and I don't want anyone messing with that!" :smallbiggrin:

Gullara
2010-12-27, 11:25 PM
"Free booze? I'd like to hear that story." Nite says.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-27, 11:31 PM
"It was pretty great. Was just sitting in a booth back there..." Chumley gestures towards the back of the bar. "And a couple of guys from AMEN, names of Darcy and Ilpholin showed up, set me up a permenant tab courtesy of AMEN and a room upstairs. Far as I know, they've forgotten about me, so I have free room and board as long as the accountants or whatever at AMEN don't wise up." :smallbiggrin:

Murkus
2010-12-27, 11:32 PM
((@RPG: Jack is looking for someone to try a magical experiment on. Namely, he wants his apprentice to draw a binding circle around them, then do different things. It's difficult to notice the apprentice's actions. Of course, Xifra's (said apprentice's) player is offline. :smalltongue:))

Jack's eyes fall to Crae, as he currently isn't in a conversation, and then he turns to Xifra. Probably telling her to go draw a circle around that fellow's table, as he had with the NPC. Just retcon the whole half-elf thing, I guess.

Gullara
2010-12-27, 11:37 PM
((I guess I miss out. I like abusing my characters, and finding new ways to do so just makes my day.:smalltongue:))

"Lucky you I suppose. So why did they set you up with the tap? Were you doing anything for them?" Nite says.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 11:41 PM
I see. You are afraid. Many have this reaction when first exposed to the mystic arts. But fear not! For I have sworn a vow NOT to read your darkest secrets, NOT to turn your own nightmares upon you, NOT to violate the inner sanctum of your mind! You are safe, for I have sworn this oath never to use my powers to harm another. Now, go on, pick a card.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-27, 11:45 PM
"Not really." Chumley shrugs. "I'd say it was outta the kindness of their hearts, but they're AMEN." :smalltongue: "Maybe it was just to give the accountants a headache."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-27, 11:45 PM
Batree shakes her head quickly. "Oh, no, it's not just that... I've been told not to... I'm just not allowed... but- I... hrm." She swallows quietly, then with some obvious displeasure, snakes out a hand to clutch for a single card, holding the thing thereafter at arm's reach, as though distrustful of it.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-27, 11:50 PM
A young lady walks into the bar. She's a rather strange-looking young lady. She's clad in armor that looks like it's made out of a combination between plastic and metal. She's wearing a helmet with "No. 28" written on it. She has long, blue-tinged hair that reaches her waist.

Also, when she walks, she's floating an inch off the ground.

She hovers into the tavern and stands on the center of it, looking around. "Location unknown. Must determine location. Accessing. Loading. Loading. Loading. Complete. Data insufficient. Location unknown.

Self-Termination is suggested.
Processing.
Suggestion declined.

Further research is suggested.
Inquiring about location is suggested.
Obtaining access to further data is suggested."

Gullara
2010-12-27, 11:51 PM
"Huh, that's interesting. I guess messing with the accountants is... evil?" Nite says.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-27, 11:51 PM
And now, without further ado, I shall conjure forth a card, a card inscribed with the very same number as the one you now hold! Magnio says, with one sweep of his hand spreading the deck into a striaght line of cards, then quickly restacking, shuffling and cutting them. Then, with a final flourish, he pulls the top card from the deck and shows it. Unless Batree interfered somehow, it should be the same number as the one she took.

Rebonack
2010-12-27, 11:55 PM

Because tea is yummy.

But what's this?

Another new person?

Wow! They've been showing up like crazy of late! Avatar waves cheerfully at said newcomer. "Hiya! You're in the Nexus! Sort of a dimensional cross-roads of sorts that has a nasty habit of yoinking random people from random places."

And sometimes yoinking random places too.

"I suggest you don't self-terminate as well. That would be pretty terrible."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 12:00 AM
Batree makes no move to interfere at all, and at the conclusion of the trick, peers with no real sign of being impressed at Magnio. After a moment, she speaks. "I... see. I think what I call 'psychic' might mean something different here... not that I ought complain..." Her features are doubtful, and she continues to squint at the man curiously.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 12:01 AM
The lady looks at Rebo. She looks about 15 years old in appearance.

"Loading human interaction. Load complete.
Processing suggestion. Suggestion matches previous suggestion.

Location identified as 'Nexus'. Searching database. One entry found."

Well, the Nexus itself is like a rift, a single, brilliant point where all the universes in this strange thing we call 'reality' meet. Traveling to, from, and between any world or cosmology is theoretically possible here, and the Nexus itself seems to encourage this happening, often sucking beings and locations out of other universes at random, and dumping them on the world that lies at its center. It was not always like this, however. Once there were two worlds at the Nexus' heart, separate and distinct, though somewhat similar in ways. Similar enough that they slowly and eventually merged, so that only one remained. Here in this world the Nexus' influence reigns supreme, and as such the world has defied almost all attempts at classification. Here, knights of old may engage with Jedi knights. Gleaming spaceships land in Dark Age hamlets. Cowboys and samurai quest together to find holy sandwich boxes. And in the heavens above, Xi Wangmu and the Flying Spaghetti Monster meet every Woden's Day to play bowls with Pelor (it gets pretty epic). Here the possibilities are endless, and the universe without rules (except the Forum Rules, and the general FFRP rules, and the Individual Thread Rules, and oh whatever). Welcome to Nexus. Fun is had here.

"Location identified. No abnormalities. Establishing conversation.
Who... are you?"

Moff Chumley
2010-12-28, 12:03 AM
"Huh, that's interesting. I guess messing with the accountants is... evil?" Nite says.

Chumley shrugs. "Whatever else it is, I gotta imagine it's fun." :smallbiggrin:

Gullara
2010-12-28, 12:07 AM
Nite chuckles, "I guess so. I don't think I got your name. I'm Nite." He extends his hand.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 12:08 AM
Magnio is somewhat handsome, with silver hair through which runs a single golden streak, as well as a small mustache and goatee, although those may be fake. At the moment he's gaping though, flabberghasted at the lack of awe. But, but... That was a magical feat of the thirteenth order! Taught to me by a book I stole from the cabal of Houndini itself! I used your own concentration upon the cards to detect which one it was by sensing the focal point of psychic energy, then used my powers of precognition to predict which card to draw! It was a feat that would leave the gods themselves awestruck!

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 12:08 AM
Human interactions?

But Avatar isn't human!

If the apparently robot-lady gives that definition of the Nexus out loud the fox-eared fellow will provide her with a rather odd look. If not, he'll still give her an odd look due to her peculiar method of speech.

"Who am I? Well... My name is pretty darn hard to pronounce. But a decent translation into Common would be 'Dynamism'. It misses quite a bit of nuance, though. Otherwise most people around here call me Avatar."

Not to be confused with the movie about blue cat people. He totally pre-dates that by a couple years.

He then takes his staff and sets it horizontal in mid-air. And sits on it.

This upsets gravity quite a bit. But Avatar never listens to its complaints anyway.

"So who are you?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 12:14 AM
Batree is fairly blunt in the reply, which comes quickly. "Oh! Sorry. It looked like a card trick. I didn't realise. Don't hurt me." She is still quite firmly recoiled away from the man, lack of awe evidently not indicative of any lack of fear.

Gullara
2010-12-28, 12:16 AM
Orak, who is so totally here, grunts. Just to let Magnio know that he and his rifle are here.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-28, 12:16 AM
Nite chuckles, "I guess so. I don't think I got your name. I'm Nite." He extends his hand.

Chumley shakes. "Name's Chumley. So, you..." she gestures about. "affiliated with any orginizations?"

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 12:20 AM
The girl observes the upset gravity with intense curiosity, but makes no comment about it.

"Self-identification: Foreign Interface Device Ψ, Serial Number 28. Alias 'Psi' or 'Psi Twenty Eight'."

"Interface subject identified as 'avatar'. Searching 'Avatar' in Database.
830,000,000 entries for 'Avatar'. Error. Error. System overload. System overload. SYSTEM OVERLOAD." Her voice starts sounding progressively more frantic.

"Critical Status. Search Cancellation is suggested. Cancelling Search. Cancelling Search.
Search Cancelled. Results scrapped. Systems stabilizing."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 12:20 AM
Magnio facepalms, then notices the kroot. He gulps, looking more worried than Batree now. Look, I already said I swore an oath not to harm people. Who told you you should be afraid of psychics anyway?

Gullara
2010-12-28, 12:22 AM
Chumley shakes. "Name's Chumley. So, you..." she gestures about. "affiliated with any orginizations?"

"Lantern right now." he taps his fingers on the bar. One has this (http://korinth.com/comics/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/black-lantern-symbol1.gif) symbol protruding out of it. "Black lantern, if that means anything to you."

Orak just nods at Batree.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 12:23 AM
Batree shakes her head quickly, replying in a slightly shrill tone of voice. "Oh, nobody, sir, nobody told me, I'm sorry. I'll try to be good. Sorry." She takes to a rather forced-looking smile, leaning slightly further forwards in less of a recline.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 12:24 AM
Let me put this another way. Why are you afraid of me?

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 12:29 AM
Batree begins to stammer out a quick response at this, "W-Well, be-because you're a Psychic! I'm... I'm not supposed to talk to the Psychics unless spoken to first, they're in charge... and... and I'm already not where I'm meant to be, I don't know what's going to happen now, but it's-it's... it's not right, I should be quiet..." She takes in a big sniff of air after this very long-trailing sentence, eyes still wide.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 12:30 AM
"Uuhhh..."

Avatar isn't quite sure what to make of the robot? fritzing out. He squints at her a bit. There's one thing rather nice about being a personification of evolution itself. He can get an intuitive mental map of a critters genetics just by peering at them long enough. If Psi is a robot he'll obviously gain no information from her.

"Right... Psi... Well, since Avatar apparently won't do I would suggest you call me Dynamism. Or Dyn if you like. That works too."

It does!

Closer to his actual name than Avatar is, honestly.

"So... you're for relating... to foreign things? Like me I take it? Who do you work for?"

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 12:35 AM
"Subject 'Avatar', Alias 'Dynamism', Alias 'Dyn'. Name registered. Confirmed: I am a unit commonly dispatched to interact with subjects in alternate universes. Processing Inquiry."

She tilts her head, her expression halfway between confused and amused. "Work for? I do not have a master."

Darkcomet
2010-12-28, 12:37 AM
An Imperial Army officer in-uniform walks into Trog's and places a flier on a wall, then leaves rather quickly. It reads:

WORK AVAILABLE
Inquire at the Acro-Imperial Army HQ or the Imperial Security Forces (ISF) HQ

Something about the flier practically screams 'quest' to those more inclined to use that term...

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 12:45 AM
Well, I do believe I spoke to you first. As for the rest, I'm sure it will all be fine. Where are you "supposed to be" anyway?

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 12:47 AM
Batree shakes her head again, making a pointing gesture to some point in the room. "Home! I'm not supposed to have left home. But now I don't know how to get back, so I can't..."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 12:52 AM
Well, then no-one can blame you for not going back. As I said, it'll all be fine. And look, our drinks are here. Magnio says, and indeed they are.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 12:52 AM
"Technically 'Avatar' would be an alias," Dyn points out. "Since it was just something people called me due to the fact that my actual name is pretty much unpronounceable in Common."

's true.

It's less a series of sounds than it is a psionic shock-wave of feeling and purpose and being and raw power. Not just a name. But rather a Name.

"So you get sent to other dimensions to chat with people? Well! I guess you're doing a pretty good job then, since this is a dimension and you're totally chatting with me!"

He's very observant.

"Is... that it? Just talking with people? Or is there anything else you do?"

AmberVael
2010-12-28, 12:53 AM
A plot clone of Grace walks into Trog's to get a drink. It's been way too long since she had a proper chance to relax, after all. She sits down heavily on a bar stool with a rather satisfied sigh, then spins around to see who is around.

Her pen taps the bar, a couple of coins appearing in a circle she draws with it, paying for the White Russian she quietly purchases from Nina.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 12:55 AM
Bartree falls silent at that, clutching onto her own sleeve-ends, while nodding over and over, in seeming agreement with the man. She says nothing in response, though her eyes drift fearfully around the room once more, looking back towards Magnio after this circuit is complete.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 12:58 AM
"Processing existence. Elaborating.
We are usually sent as Recon Units. Our duty is to gather information on the universes and report back. I am, however, self-deployed and report to no authority. Elaboration completed."

She is silent for a moment.

"Current objective: None. Location: Confirmed. Assesing situation. Seeking further information is suggested."

She looks at Avatar.

"I require and request further assistance."

((Deadtime.))

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 12:58 AM
Look, you don't need to be afraid. Drink up, and everything will seem better. Magnio says, sipping his cider.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 01:01 AM
Batree reaches out to take the drink, cradling it in two hands, but not taking any of it between her lips. "I'm sorry." comes a feeble-sounding reply after a few moments, head still downcast towards the bartop.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 01:06 AM
"Further assistance in gather information?" Avatar replies, a rather mischievous smile crossing his face. "Well there's no place in the Nexus better for gathering information than Abrajin's Library. You can find just about... uuh... anything..."

Avatar pokes at Psi a few times.

"Great. Dead Time. Ah well, just when things were getting interesting."

He then surveys the tavern for other interesting looking people!

And spots a demon in pink!

"Hiya!" comes a cheerful enough greeting. "I don't think I've had the pleasure of meet you before miss...?"

He trails off there a bit at the end, leaving Grace to fill in the rest.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 01:06 AM
You don't need to be sorry. Look, I'm a psychic, okay? So trust me when I say you've done nothing wrong, and you aren't in any trouble.

AmberVael
2010-12-28, 01:07 AM
"Grace."
The executive assistant replies, offering her hand to Avatar politely.
"And you are?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 01:12 AM
Batree looks decidedly uncertain about that proclamation. "Well... if you're sure. But... why am I here? Who's sent me? And what am I to be doing? I don't know how to do anything except the energy farm thing, and I don't rightly understand that, either..." Her eyes lift back up to peer at Magnio, searching his expression.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 01:12 AM
Of course.

Not a demon. That would be rude and well out of date.

There is hand-shaking!

"Dynamism is the most accurate translation I've been able to come up with so far," the fox-eared fellow replies. "My Name is... kind of hard to pronounce verbally."

More like impossible.

"Dyn works too. Or 'Avatar' is a nickname I've picked up. You have a lot to chose from!" he seems to find this rather amusing.

But then, he seems to find most things amusing.

AmberVael
2010-12-28, 01:16 AM
"I think I'll go with Avatar. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Grace sips from her white russian.
"I... think I may have read about you, actually."
She says tentatively.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 01:21 AM
Well.

That wasn't expected.

Avatar quirks an eyebrow. "Really? Read about me? Hopefully not in one of those eldritch tomes bound in flayed skin and written in the ink squeezed from the sanity of mad prophets. Those things are almost always really inaccurate."

Though inaccurate in what way he's doesn't elaborate.

He then looks somewhat thoughtful.

"Possible you read about Mother... She and I don't exactly get along, though."

Ragnnora would probably be pretty pleased to have Avatar purged. He's a liability to her plans.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 01:24 AM
Well, this is the Nexus, and the fact of the matter is, some people are just destined to be here. You're one of those people. As for what you need to do, that is up to you. It is your destiny to be here, and to do what you feel you must, and no Psychic would ever interfere with destiny. Magnio says grandly. It's a pretty big lie, but sometimes a lie is better than all the truth in the world.

AmberVael
2010-12-28, 01:26 AM
"No, and those are out of fashion anyway."
Grace says, waving her hand.
"My company, Celestial Dynamics, keeps track of important events and entities within the Nexus. I think I may have come across your name somewhere in my study of our notes."

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 01:28 AM
Batree scratches slowly under her chin, keeping at this for a few seconds. "Well... but that doesn't make any sense! I'm not anybody... not some important person like a psychic or someone. Why me? There were loads of people in the energy farms. No... there must be some mistake. That wouldn't make sense."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 01:31 AM
Destiny does not make two things: Sense and mistakes. I don't know why you were chosen, but you were, and you have to make the best of it.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 01:34 AM
"Heh... Yeah. But tell that to the mad prophets that keep writing the stupid things and then get themselves eaten by invisible monsters."

Those silly mad prophets, always meddling with things mere mortals aught not know.

"Oh! So the people you work for keep track of the goings on here? Seems... kind of odd. This place is crazy enough that any sort of cataloging would probably end up as little more than accounting hell."

I think that's on the fifth circle.

Avatar quirks his head off to the side a bit.

"Celestial Dynamics? Haven't heard of it. Makes me think of those Celestial Bureaucracy people Fenric worked with. So... sort of making a business out of the workings and machinations behind universes?"

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 01:35 AM
She continues to scratch, before lifting her shoulders in the faintest shrug. "I don't think that makes sense, but I don't know. I'll just... do what I would anyway. Head down, and all."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 01:41 AM
Good, good. If you ever need my assistance... My card. Magnio days, pulling a business card out of the deck and handing it over.

Magnio the Mighty, Majestic and Magnificent, Master Magician!
Czar of Conjuration, ect.
Amazement or your money back!*
555-123-321
*How much money depending entirely upon management's mood.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 01:46 AM
Batree squints at the card for a long moment, before looking back to Magnio. Another long look down, then back up again. "But this doesn't say anything about being psychic!" she blurts out loudly, brow wrinkling quickly into an expression of abject confusion.

AmberVael
2010-12-28, 01:47 AM
"Something like that."
Huh. When did her glass get empty? That went away pretty quick...
Grace eyes her empty glass suspiciously.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 01:50 AM
That is because there are many people who hate psychics here. Most, nearly all, do not know of them, but I do. That is why I don't advertise the fact on my business cards.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 01:55 AM
Weird how those glasses filled with booze always somehow manage to empty themselves? Almost as though some nefarious force were spiriting the spirits away!

Spirits like alcohol. Not ghosts.

Why would someone drink ghosts?

That would be silly.

"Interesting... Because my knee-jerk reaction would be that you're a demon of some sort. But I suppose that going by a person's appearance isn't terribly useful around here."

Oops.

Apparently he isn't familiar with how rude that term is.

DruchiiConversion
2010-12-28, 01:57 AM
Well, that seems to provide some cheer to the young woman. "I see. I guess I shouldn't tell people about my past either, really, then. Wouldn't want to earn anyone's hate." Nevertheless a small smile comes to her lips, and she nods a couple of times.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 02:00 AM
Then I must bid you good day. May we meet again. Magnio says, and is obscured by a sudden burst of purple smoke and light. Those with keen eyesight may notice him diving through the door very quickly though.

AmberVael
2010-12-28, 02:05 AM
"That-"
Grace begins, waving a finger.
"Is rude. Eudai is the proper term."

She gets a refill of her drink and starts on it.
"People around here really don't seem to know much about how rude that word is."

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 02:18 AM

He rubs the back of his head somewhat sheepishly.

"Eerr... sorry. Didn't know. There are plenty of beings around here that use that word to describe themselves. You're the first that I've encountered that had a problem with it."

The Far-Chimera wrinkles his nose a bit.

Wait...

I thought he was a human looking thing? Not a surreal cross between a snake a fox a stag and a eagle. Huh. Must have been mistaken. 'cuz that's totally what he was the whole time.

Right?

He quirks his head off to the side and grins a toothy grin. "But I guess that's sort of like the druids calling me an abomination against the natural order. It isn't very polite, even if it's at least partly true. Eudai. I'll remember that."

A pause.

Then a blink.

Then Avatar looks himself over.

"Bugger... changed orientation again... It's been hard to get a proper foothold with the Walls of the World as thin as they are right now."

Darklord Bright
2010-12-28, 02:34 AM
Through the door of the tavern comes Iferi, gracefully and confidently striding inside. She looks for all the world like a more scantily clad Trix, though her hair is cut with a fringe falling down over one eye, and extends down to her shoulders rather than just under her ears.

((Picture Reference:))
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/5025/trixsister.png

She moves to the bar and orders a glass of the finest wine in the house, a smile playing at the edge of her lips. The smooth, dulcet tones of her voice pleasing on the ears. Then she sits down with her glass to watch the crowd of patrons, observing them as she carefully sips her wine.

happyturtle
2010-12-28, 03:24 AM

((@RPG: Jack is looking for someone to try a magical experiment on. Namely, he wants his apprentice to draw a binding circle around them, then do different things. It's difficult to notice the apprentice's actions. Of course, Xifra's (said apprentice's) player is offline. :smalltongue:))

Jack's eyes fall to Crae, as he currently isn't in a conversation, and then he turns to Xifra. Probably telling her to go draw a circle around that fellow's table, as he had with the NPC. Just retcon the whole half-elf thing, I guess.

Xifra approaches Crae's table and starts to draw a chalk circle on the floor around him. She has an always-on psychic aura that makes it very difficult for people to notice or remember her, so it's possible Crae may not even know she's there.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-28, 03:30 AM
Crae doesn't appear to have noticed her, and is just sitting and sipping at his drink, looking around the place every once in a while.

happyturtle
2010-12-28, 03:32 AM
Xifra powers up the ward, then waits for Jack to undeadtime for further instructions.

Crae is invited to plot clone to interact with people in the meantime. :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-12-28, 03:35 AM
Crae is invited to plot clone to interact with people in the meantime. :smalltongue:

He's already got one of those running around, I think two of him is all Nexus can really handle. :smalltongue: He's staring into his drink at this point.

*Sigh*Times Are Tough.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-28, 06:38 AM
Friend stops staring at the chair, which have begun to shake and cobbes off when he looks away.

He looks for anyone not engulfed by ooze and deadime.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 11:15 AM
There's a Far Chimera sitting on a stool.

It looks rather silly, mostly because he was more or less human-shaped when he initially took his seat. A stool makes for a rather awkward perch for a quadruped. That, and it's way too small for him.

Which means Avatar is teetering slightly.

Does he climb down?

Or does he maintain this carefully choreographed balancing act?

Nah.

Think he'll just fall over backwards instead.

*Thud!*

"Uuf!"

Mina Kobold
2010-12-28, 11:43 AM
Friend sees the fallen Avatar and walks over to him, stepping over a hole pretending to be solid rock

"May I inquire as to why you are lying on the floor?"

He asks the chimera, completely deadpan and not giving a hint that he in any way thinks it more unusual than having a glowing fish hook howering over one's left ear.

Which is to say that such a hook is indeed howering over the left ear of several NPCs.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 11:58 AM
Are they Plawt Hooks?

That would totally be a better quest symbol than a golden exclamation mark.

"Gravity finally got some comeuppance for repeated slights on my part," Avatar explains as he flips himself onto his feet, ruffles his wings, then plops down on his haunches. With a flick his drapes his tail over his toes in a suitably cat-like fashion. Even though the tail in question looks distinctly foxish.

Said flicking results in a dollop of prismatic pint tumbling through the air before splashing on someone's shoe. For a span of about three seconds the shoe becomes a live ling cod.

"I try to avoid laying on the floor here if I can avoid it. You never know what kind of weird stuff has gone on in here."

Being Trog's and all.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-28, 12:20 PM
Indeed a better indicator, the question marks just look like somebody used Confuse.

Friend sits down on another chair, making sure it didn't plan to flee on him too he talks, he's talky like that.

"Sounds very much like my first day in this world, seems the laws of reality had a few things to say about raising buildings with stone towers prodding out of wooden walls and travelling without moving an inch"

Reality gets kind of annoying when you do that.

"I believe that may be sound advice, given some creatures I have seen so far"

Like those angels, always leaveing something radiating divine glory until you get a headache from looking at it.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 01:14 PM
"Further assistance in gather information?" Avatar replies, a rather mischievous smile crossing his face. "Well there's no place in the Nexus better for gathering information than Abrajin's Library. You can find just about... uuh... anything..."

Avatar pokes at Psi a few times.

"Great. Dead Time. Ah well, just when things were getting interesting."

Psi undeadtimes. This means her eyes suddenly light up, as opposed to being somewhat dull.

"Abijar's Library. Understood. Queuing action 'Visit Abijar's Library'." Considering Avatar appears to be deadtimed, she looks around the Tavern.

"Requesting further interaction."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 01:26 PM
Oh, look, it's Atheor, finally undeadtimed. So. What exactly are you? He says to Psi.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 01:29 PM
Psi turns to look at him. "Processing Inquiry. Existence: I am a Serial Experimental Device for the purposes of Foreign Interface. Ψ - 28.

Processing request for subject information.
Who are you?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 01:35 PM
Last I checked, my name was Atheor. Good to meet you. Atheor says, trying to shake Psi's hand.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 01:36 PM
Psi looks at the hand curiously. "Atheor."

She continues to look at the hand. She does not shake it, but extends her own hand in a similar fashion. It doesn't look like she understands she's supposed to grasp it.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 01:46 PM
Uh... You do know what a handshake is, right?

Earl of Purple
2010-12-28, 01:48 PM
"Dalachrech has but one form, unlike some other dieties that go around confusing their worshippers with nose putty and fake beards, or are too arrogant to reveal themselves to those who choose to follow. He does not manifest in the rituals, but He makes it known that He is watching by completing it. As for the claims that He is a demon, I'd laugh. Except that the baseless accusations are far too common. It is His appearance; any Diety with a non-humanoid form is a demon to these people, and no amount of reasoned argument will persuade them otherwise." Destur sounds contemptuous about dieties that don't reveal themselves, reverent at the bit about rituals and somewhat sad when answering the claims of Dalachrech's demonhood.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 01:50 PM
"Handshake?"

The answer is pretty much a clear no. And given her recent experience overloading her systems by looking up "Avatar", she'd rather not look it up.

"Cannot comprehend 'Handshake'. Suggested course of action: Stare blankly at subject. Suggestion accepted."

She stares blankly at Atheor.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 01:57 PM
Okay, look. A handshake is a traditional form of greeting where you grab the person you're greeting's hand and shake it, here, I'll show you. See? He says, grabbing a nearby NPC and shaking his hand.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-28, 02:03 PM
The mention of Abrajin's Library perks Kojare, who's been sitting near Crae, up. He nods at Grace, when he notices her, but he stays where he is. While watching Psi, he leans over to Crae. "I was looking for that place, when I first showed up. Somebody told me that it'd be a good place to go, since I didn't know anything about this crazy Nexus place. Know anything about it?"

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 02:08 PM
"Observing process. Understood. Proceeding to shake hand."

Psi reaches out somewhat stiffly and grasps Atheor's hand, then shakes it.

"Process completed.

Inquiring necessary information.

Do you know Abijar's Library?"

Rae Artemi
2010-12-28, 02:41 PM
The mention of Abrajin's Library perks Kojare, who's been sitting near Crae, up. He nods at Grace, when he notices her, but he stays where he is. While watching Psi, he leans over to Crae. "I was looking for that place, when I first showed up. Somebody told me that it'd be a good place to go, since I didn't know anything about this crazy Nexus place. Know anything about it?"

Absolutely No Idea.

Crae says, still staring into his drink.

I've Only Been In The Nexus For A Little Over A Week, And Rae Had Only Been Here For Two Months, I Don't Know Much About The Place.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-28, 02:43 PM
"Dalachrech has but one form, unlike some other dieties that go around confusing their worshippers with nose putty and fake beards, or are too arrogant to reveal themselves to those who choose to follow. He does not manifest in the rituals, but He makes it known that He is watching by completing it. As for the claims that He is a demon, I'd laugh. Except that the baseless accusations are far too common. It is His appearance; any Diety with a non-humanoid form is a demon to these people, and no amount of reasoned argument will persuade them otherwise." Destur sounds contemptuous about dieties that don't reveal themselves, reverent at the bit about rituals and somewhat sad when answering the claims of Dalachrech's demonhood.

"Very well, sorry if any of my questions caused any discomfort." The goblin says. "You have any more questions John?"

The young man looks at his notes and then hesitate. "Uh, not exactly, I think you covered much of it Ligz. Just a question about how you were planning to expand in the future...?" He carefully asks.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 03:16 PM
Avatar bursts free from Dead Time in a rather spectacular fashion!

Bits of frozen time shatter like glass, skittering across the floor before evaporating. The Chimera gives himself a good shake, flinging a rather hideous look little bearded person wearing a bright red conical hat from his back.

The nasty little midget bounces once before rolling to his feet, brandishing a brass clock atop a little wooden handle. Looks like a cudgel of some kind...

The Chimera bristles at the sight of the vile creature. "Tachyon Gnome!" Avatar hisses, muscles bunching for an impending pounce.

"Mwee hehehehehe!" cackles the gnome before diving into the past.

The Far Chimera snorts in irritation.

He doesn't like Tachyon Gnomes.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 03:21 PM
If possible, it sounds like Psi is almost begining to lose her patience.

"'Abijar's Library'," she says. "Requesting information."

Mina Kobold
2010-12-28, 03:30 PM
Oh no! Not Tachyon gnomes!

Friend watches the spectacle with deadpan interest, it's far too ordinary to surprise him

"That's a Tachyon gnome? Quite a resemblance to Tomtes"

They really have, the Tomtes should sue the gnomes for stealing their hats.

"Any story behind them?"

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 03:42 PM
"If you're looking for Abrajin's Library I could probably take you there," Avatar comments off-handed whilst scratching his ear with his hind food. "I've got to warn you though, it's really strange and pretty dangerous. And you'll have to put up with Abrajin's crotchety old man shenanigans if you want to get a library card."

Once his ear is properly attended to the Far Chimera settles back down and peeeeeers at Friend.

"I have no idea what a Tomtes is," Avatar admits. "But Tachyon Gnomes are nasty little buggers native to Dead Space, a timeless pocket of Nowhere that exists between realities. They have an unpleasant habit of popping up now and against and stealing people's time. They don't make the temporal instability inherent to the Nexus any better, that's for sure."

No doubt there's a Tachyon Gnome lurking nearby, just waiting for someone's player to leave so they can hurl a dead-time pudding at them or something.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-28, 04:09 PM
There is indeed a Tachyon gnome nearby, but it is being watched by the same little glowing thing from earlier. It's very watchy.

"Sounds absolutely irritating, and a Tomte is a sibling creature to Brownies, Hobs and house-elves. Usually wear red caps, like doing farmwork and can get vicious when they don't get their porridge. Met a few once. Very jolly"

They also makes presents for white-bearded red-clothed old people in Greenland to give to children according to some oddballs up north who seems to have missed the memo about elves and the north pole.

"They sound very unpleasant, nothing to do about it? It doesn't appear the trick of keeping active that fox-man Avatar informed me about will be of value against their sorcery"

It appears sorcery means 'whatever that is' in the seventeenth world of the Seelie. Or the inhabitants may just be bigoted, but nobody likes that.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 04:15 PM
"Irritating is certainly one way to describe them," the Far Chimera retorts. He can think of a few other ways to describe them, but none of them are terribly flattering. "And they do tend to jump on people that aren't doing anything. I was sitting around there on the floor for too long and BAM!"

Yes.

BAM!

"A Tachyon Gnome clobbers me with his temporal cudgel. Shaking off the dead time can be a real bugger sometimes."

Especially when his player gets busy elsewhere. Oop, speaking of!

"I should probably get something a little more filling than mice and meatloaf. If you're still looking for Abrajin's Library I should be back fairly soon!"

And with that he shrinks out of existence!

It looks really odd.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-28, 05:50 PM
Iferi, coming back from deadtime, sighs and stretches, laying her empty glass of wine on the counter an proceeding to gracefully move across the room and back out the door.

It wasn't nearly the right kind of atmosphere for her. She would have to find another locale to haunt.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 06:08 PM
A Tachyon Gnome scampers away from Iferi, obviously annoyed that she managed to escape from its temporal snare.

Those devilish Gnomes!

It manages to get about five feet away when suddenly Avatar springs back into being in the middle of the tavern and pounces the vile beast!

The gnome wriggles violently, beating at one of the Chimera's forelegs with its chrono-cudgel! Though in the end it's all for naught. Mostly because Avatar just swallowed the thing whole.

Om nom nom nom nom nom!

"I'm back! Nothing like a quick hunt to get the blood pumping! And I got a Tachyon Gnome snack to boot! Today just keeps getting better!" this is followed by a rather loud belch 'n a pointy hat bouncing out of the Far Chimera's mouth. "'scuse me!"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 06:11 PM
Atheor, seeing that Psi is better off speaking to the others, leaves, clanking from all the weaponry he carries.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-28, 07:59 PM
Cessie enters the tavern once again, looking quite surprised at Avatar as she enters, but seems to decide she really shouldn't involve herself into that particular battle.

Instead she goes up to the bar and orders some fresh milk, looking around for some other curiosity that might catch her eye. Magic especially fascinates her.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 08:35 PM
Avatar has been very busy since Rebo's internet connection died!

Mostly he's been carving strange geometric patters into the floor with one claw. Spiraling swirling patterns ringed with sigils, including a strange fern-like glyph that seems to be used quite a bit. One that happens to look just like that blazing Sign between his antlers.

Once the array is finished the Chimera utters a few words that scratch at one's mind in a profoundly unpleasant way.

Then there comes a sound like ripping parchment from within the array as a horrible, indescribable mass of tentacles and eyes rips through the air!

As soon as it appears Avatar snatches the poor critter up in his jaws and promptly noms it.

...what?

He's still hungry!

happyturtle
2010-12-28, 08:38 PM
"Avatar! Bad far-critter!" Ashley scolds. "No abusing the current alignment of the stars to tear barriers in reality in a public place!"

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 08:44 PM
Avatar jumps rather unexpectedly when he finds himself getting scolded. Obviously he wasn't expecting that.

"Gah! I was just practicing arrays! I don't want to get rusty! You never know when you might need to summon something!" and he was hungry too. While he can certainly devour material things and people's dreams gribbly critters from the Far are still the most filling.

His ears droop a bit.

"Sorry... Didn't mean to startle anyone!" the Chimera apologizes to the tavern at large. He then gives the astrologer a fairly sour look. "Though 'tearing' is strong language. As soft as the boundaries are right now they just melt shut again. More like... peeling."

Like an onion!

happyturtle
2010-12-28, 08:51 PM
"And what if one of the babies crawled into your array before it melted?" Ashley says, scooping up Marisha before she can do just that and waving the catbaby in Avatar's face. "You'll practice your arrays somewhere safe and you'll like it!"

Marisha giggles and tries to grab one of Avatar's ears. Obviously the gribbly thing didn't frighten her.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 08:54 PM
Riv, meanwhile, is still waiting to find out what astrological sign he is. And prbably still petting THAT CAT.

VampireRot
2010-12-28, 09:02 PM
THAT CAT purrs, watching the going-on's in the tavern with detracted amusement from Riv's lap its throne. :smallamused:

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 09:05 PM
"A material being stepping into the array would have resulted in a material being standing in my array," Avatar grumbles. "And... maybe cause it to lose containment... But that's okay 'cuz I didn't summon anything dangerous!"

It sure did have an awful lot of teeth for being non-dangerous. Though chances are the little bugger was so disoriented by the trip over that it probably wouldn't have been able to do much of anything. Avatar did nom it pretty fast.

"Or... Are you worried that someone might have tripped into the Far?" both ears droop at that thought. "I wouldn't make a two-way rift. That would be irresponsible and dangerous..."

And much harder to ward properly.

Snatching one target is much safer than making a true portal.

Avatar's ear is then grabbed. The deep blue fur he's covered with is rather sort and velvety to the touch. He wriggles a bit as a result. Mostly because a baby grabbing your ear isn't terribly comfortable. "Gah!"

It isn't much of a surprise that small children and infants have no real issue with unnatural creatures like Avatar and his ilk. They haven't formed a coherent image of what's normal and what isn't yet.

happyturtle
2010-12-28, 09:15 PM
"Diggy!" Marisha announces. And Ashley starts to sneeze.

"Oh dear, I think I'm allergic to this," she says, trying to shove the baby into Avatar's arms.

McBish
2010-12-28, 09:32 PM
Jack Dodge, a young tiefling stumbles into the tavern and quickly goes over to a nearby table and sits down heavily on a chair. It looks like he has gotten into a fight very recently, his nose bleeding a heavy black eye, and he is holding a wound hidden by his cloak with one hand.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 09:33 PM
Hoo boy.

Well.

Avatar in his chimeric shape is a quadruped. His front legs are built more or less like a cross between the paws of a fox and the feet of an eagle. Suffice to say he can grip and hold things in them, it's just somewhat awkward.

When a child is thrust at him he plops back onto his haunches and takes the kitty-person as carefully as he can manage. It's a real bugger given the big pointy bits he has on the ends of his fingers. Thankfully, though, he's got those soft fox pads on his hands too.

So just...

Be very steady... Try to ignore his nose when it starts to itch.

...Why is it that your nose always begins itching when you're holding something you can't just put down?

The Chimera makes a few pleasant cooing noises at the child. "I'ma fox, not a dog."

Haruki-kun
2010-12-28, 09:35 PM
"No Interface detected. Self-Direction Suggested. Suggestion accepted."

Psi turns around and hovers out of the Tavern.

Gullara
2010-12-28, 09:35 PM
Outside of Trog's a 14 foot, walking, cherry blossom tree in full bloom approaches.

"Saaakura..." The tree says in a deep, rumbling voice.

"Yeah yeah, I know it's cold." a peppy voice says from somewhere in the tree's branches.

The tree stops near the door to the tavern. It's branches extend over much of the building.

"Stay here, Sarget. I'll be back in a bit." A young woman jumps out of the tree and enters the tavern.

Her skin is a is a light wood brown and looks like new bark. Her 'clothes' are made of rough, older bark. Her hair is a mass of cherry blossoms that extends to her waist.

She looks around the tavern and spots Riv with That Cat on his lap. She skips over and sits by them. "Hi!" she says cheerily.

VampireRot
2010-12-28, 09:45 PM
Outside of Trog's a 14 foot, walking, cherry blossom tree in full bloom approaches.

"Saaakura..." The tree says in a deep, rumbling voice.

"Yeah yeah, I know it's cold." a peppy voice says from somewhere in the tree's branches.

The tree stops near the door to the tavern. It's branches extend over much of the building.

"Stay here, Sarget. I'll be back in a bit." A young woman jumps out of the tree and enters the tavern.

Her skin is a is a light wood brown and looks like new bark. Her 'clothes' are made of rough, older bark. Her hair is a mass of cherry blossoms that extends to her waist.

She looks around the tavern and spots Riv with That Cat on his lap. She skips over and sits by them. "Hi!" she says cheerily.

THAT CAT gives the woman a lazy glance. It opens its mouth, as it to mewl, but cuts off any communication* with a long and convincing yawn. Perhaps genuine, perhaps not.

*If the meaningless gibberish translated could even be defined as communication.

Gullara
2010-12-28, 09:49 PM
The dryad scritches the eldrich abomination's ear. "Aren't you nice. What's your name?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 09:52 PM
I don't know, he just walked leaped through a window and stared me down until I got him tuna. My name's Riv. Riv says.

happyturtle
2010-12-28, 09:56 PM
Marisha likes Avatar. "Diggy!" she announces again.

Ashley's horoscope for Riv got held up by her player's forgetfulness. Maybe tomorrow?

Gullara
2010-12-28, 09:57 PM
"How cute." scritch scritch, "I'm Sakura." she says. Original name I know. "Nice to meet you."

VampireRot
2010-12-28, 10:00 PM
THAT CAT purrs as its ear is scritched. It doesn't respond with a name, however. Due to being a cat. Cats don't talk. Well, not really in the Nexus, but this one doesn't speak English at least. In fact, it doesn't even speak whatever silly language cats speak.

"Vrrrrrrr..."

The little black kitten acts normally enough. Though the fact the window it jumped through was closed might've been a bit strange.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-28, 10:01 PM
So... You new to the Nexus? Riv says, a bit lost. He's not good at small talk, especially with his current depression.

Meanwhile, Prince strides into the Tavern, spots Jack, and sits down next to him, grabbing a chair out from under a nearby NPC. Hiya Jacky.

Gullara
2010-12-28, 10:04 PM
Scritch scritch. "The Nexus? Where's that? I just thought Sarget stepped on another teleport rune." Sakura says.

Rebonack
2010-12-28, 10:08 PM
"Diggy it is then," Avatar finally concedes as he starts glancing around the tavern, trying to figure out who the little godling clinging to him belongs to. Divine power makes his nose all itchy and he would like to avoid a sneezing fit if at all possible.

He glances down at Marisha, quirking his head off to one side. "Hmm... how to do this..."

Can't just walk. He doesn't trust himself to carry the child in one arm. But walking on two feet is kinda awkward as well. Despite what you might have been lead to believe from generic cloven-footed demons walking on two hooves just doesn't work that well.

But that's Avatar's only real option at the moment.

The Chimera gives his wings a solid flap, lurching up onto his hind legs. He teeters slightly before managing to find his balance with wings splayed wide. Hopefully he doesn't bump into anyone.