PDA

View Full Version : New Pathfinder Character

Z3r0
2010-12-22, 08:48 PM
Hey. I recently had a character get killed off, so I need to start a new character. I've had several ideas that I wanted to run by everyone and get thoughts on. I think I'll be starting at 4th but 3rd is possible. And we are restricted to strictly the core book.

First idea: A full fighter, focusing on DEX, light armor and getting weapon focus. The idea is kind of being a fencer, very agile.

Second: Part fighter part Wizard with the possibility of Eldritch Knight. Same as above but adding spells to the mix for range.

Third: Druid and Elemental Bloodline Sorcerer (not sure which element yet). I've played a "shaman" who was Cleric and Elemental Sorcerer before that I thought worked well, but that was in Beta. I know a lot of people say casters are better off straight single classing. I think that the possibility to summon animals, and entangle while shooting damage spells from range can work well. Then there is the possibility to go Mystic Theurge.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm honestly trying to figure out a character that is over powered. The party has a Ranger, Cleric, Dragon Sorcerer, Barbarian, Monk, and Ranger/Rogue. I would like to have a character that can handle both range and melee, hence why I like druid/sorcerer, animals can handle melee and then I nuke them. Oh and I have no idea on feats yet.
Thank you

Goober4473
2010-12-22, 08:55 PM
For the second option, have you seen the Magus playtest? Similar to a Duskblade in 3.5, but more interesting.

I meant Weapon Finese on the fighter.

Use the Edit button.

Z3r0
2010-12-22, 09:04 PM
No I haven't seen that. Where can I find it? If it's not in the main Player's Handbook my DM won't allow it though. And thanks, I didn't know about the edit button.

SamsDisciple
2010-12-23, 12:37 AM
After seeing an eldritch Knight in action I highly recommend it especially with a high critical range weapon like a scimitar. You will have spells for range as well as swift spells on every crit

Z3r0
2010-12-23, 08:48 AM
Yeah. I'm working on making a few ideas (I oh so enjoy character building). I made a full Druid I kind of like.

Human 4th Druid True Neutral
STR 15, DEX 18, CON 12, INT 12, WIS 17, CHA 10 (we are rolling for stats)
BAB +3 F 5, R 6, W 7 HP 28
AC 18 (with Hide armor, and higher with wood whield]
Feats: Weapon Finesse (So I can keep a high AC since Druids are limited on armor selection and gives me an 7 attack for melee, natural weapons count as light weapons), Improved Unarmed Strike (Since no weapons are worth it from the list and I'll be Wild Shaping a lot), Power Attack (To compensate for an ok STR)

Skills
Craft (Alchemy) 8 [so I can make tanglefoot bags), Fly 11, Handle Animal 7, Knowledge (Nature) 10, Perception 10, Survival 12

I decided on the bear for my companion and at 4th he is on par with me (having the same AC as I do without my shield, an attack and HP of one more than I have) with Power Attack and Light Armor Proficiency as his Feats.

The general idea is a very Feral style Druid (not to steal from WOW). But very Bear like (it is a very Viking based campaign) with the ability to turn into Wolves and Eagles. I can get Nature Spell at 5th. Let me know what you think.