PDA

View Full Version : Should I Spend $45 on an RPG Book I Want?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-12-22, 09:27 PM
I really love the BRP roleplaying system (having played the lite version as well as CoC), and I'm not sure if the soft-cover version of the core book is worth $45.
I really like the system but I'm not sure if I should spend so much.

:smallfrown: :smallconfused: :smallsigh:

Can you help me?

The Rose Dragon
2010-12-22, 09:36 PM
Get the .pdf version (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=24384&it=1) from RPGNow.com, maybe?

Zaq
2010-12-22, 09:44 PM
Without knowing your financial situation, it would be downright irresponsible of us to try to give you a meaningful yes or no answer. So, ask yourself honestly: can you afford it? Would it be a meaningful chunk out of your monthly resources? Would it be a prohibitively large chunk? What would you have to give up to spend that money? If you can afford it, you obviously want it (otherwise you wouldn't be asking strangers to validate your spending), so just go ahead and get it. If you can't afford it, keep an eye on it for when you can. That's all there is to it.

Greenish
2010-12-22, 10:27 PM
If you don't have debts and don't have to feed/finance anyone but yourself, go ahead and buy the book. A few months of tuna & pasta won't kill you.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-12-22, 10:28 PM
Get the .pdf version (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=24384&it=1) from RPGNow.com, maybe?
I don't really like PDFs.

Without knowing your financial situation, it would be downright irresponsible of us to try to give you a meaningful yes or no answer. So, ask yourself honestly: can you afford it? Would it be a meaningful chunk out of your monthly resources? Would it be a prohibitively large chunk? What would you have to give up to spend that money? If you can afford it, you obviously want it (otherwise you wouldn't be asking strangers to validate your spending), so just go ahead and get it. If you can't afford it, keep an eye on it for when you can. That's all there is to it.
I can afford it, but it would pretty much be all my spending money for a little over a month. I really want it, but I'm not sure if it's worth that.

Zaq
2010-12-22, 10:31 PM
It's December 22. Why not call the store where you see it and ask if they usually have any after-Christmas sales? Don't necessarily ask about this specific book, but there's a nonzero chance that you can get it cheaper in the near future.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-12-22, 11:07 PM
It's December 22. Why not call the store where you see it and ask if they usually have any after-Christmas sales? Don't necessarily ask about this specific book, but there's a nonzero chance that you can get it cheaper in the near future.

Good idea, I'll check the price again in a week.