PDA

View Full Version : Illumians + Psionics = Pretty gorram awesome? Maybe?

mootoall
2010-12-22, 10:45 PM
So, we all know how wonderful the Krau (I think it's Krau. Maybe Vaul? Either way, that one) sigil is, the one that gives you a +1, and then +2, to caster level. So, assuming psionic/magic transparency, does that sigil give you a +2 to manifester level, giving you those extra precious +2 power points/level/power?

Zaq
2010-12-22, 10:48 PM
Transparency applies to spells, spell-like abilities, and magic items. Feats are not included in that list, and neither are racial abilities. By RAW, this does not work.

That said, I'd probably allow it, since it's like Practiced Manifester in that it can't increase your caster (manifester) level higher than your character level. That, and Illumians are hands-down my favorite race, so I'm kinda biased.

mootoall
2010-12-22, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I like Illumians too. I love how Elves are supposed to be tied to magic, but it's the Illumians who're actually better at it ...

Keld Denar
2010-12-22, 11:27 PM
Well, illumians are better at multiclassing into magic. Grey elves tend to make better straight-class wizards due to the into bonus. The illumian bonus only applies if your master level is less than your total HD.