PDA

View Full Version : 3.pf sorcadin spell list

SamsDisciple
2010-12-22, 11:44 PM
So first off the pathfinder smite is so much better than 3.5 and one part that I want to use is that it now works on ranged attacks. So I have a Gestalt sorcadin and I want to take advantage of ranged touch attack smiting fun. My question now is what spells should I be taking for this? I do not have much experience with arcane casters so any help is appreciated. Spell compendium is great upon dm approval. I already like the idea of twinned split ray seeking rays but I need some more than a single spell for my lvl 20 sorcadin

The_Scourge
2010-12-23, 12:19 AM
Any ray spell that fires multiple rays with a single casting. Scorching Ray, Dark Bolt (SpC) are great examples. Or you could go with an Orb of (fire, acid, force etc) for buckets of damage in one go.

SamsDisciple
2010-12-23, 12:43 AM
That's fine for my damage spells but that will take up only a fraction of my spells known, what about utility spells or buffs? Obviously true strike but what other spells would be good? Btw I am doing arcane bloodline so I can put all these spells on a staff and cast a level nine spell as a third level slot so I need some good spells to put on my staff.

The_Scourge
2010-12-23, 01:33 AM
Ah, I thought you meant specifically for use with smite evil. In that case. You're going to want AC buffs, since you won't be wearing actual armour.
Beyond that, my top five favorite sorcerer spells (in no particular order) are as follows.
Assay Spell Resistance [SpC]: Lvl 4, swift action, +10 to your caster level checks to overcome SR. invaluable.

Ray of Stupidity [SpC]: Lvl 2, doing 1d4+1 int damage can ruin a wizard's day. Split Ray, Twin Spell this badboy with a Rod of Maximize and you're doing 20 int damage with an 8th level spell slot No Save. It's Mind Affecting though so it has it's limitations. Unlike...

Shivering Touch [Frost]: Lvl 3 (lvl 1 for the lesser version, take both!) 3d6 dex damage, no save. Eat it. The lesser version does 1d6. Touch attack, but that shouldn't be a huge problem with you being a paladin and all.

Anything that polymorphs you levels vary but polymorph, all the way up to shapechange make you strictly better than your melee only party mebers.

Stun Ray [SpC] Lvl 7 stuns the target for 1d4+1 rounds, unless they save. Then they're only stuned for one round.

I'm a big fan of no save, **** move spells. If it has a chance of failure, I generally skip it. So go for spells that guarantee you'll be either $@*%ing up someone's day or making yourself more awesome, allowing you to &@%? up Everyone's day.

Heck if your DM is slow on the uptake, have a look at avasculate [SpC] Pick a target, half it's hit points go away. Fort save... to avoid being stunned.

SamsDisciple
2010-12-23, 10:20 AM
thanks! I believe Pathfinder errata'd the avasculate so that there is a save against the damage as well though :(