PDA

View Full Version : Combined items

dspeyer
2010-12-23, 01:05 AM
Suppose I wanted an amulet of natural armor and constitution. Or both of those and wisdom. Is there RAW for such a thing to exist? And for how much it would cost?

I looked at MIC, which seemed to suggest it would cost the sum of the features, but that seems to negate the whole idea of body slots.

Marnath
2010-12-23, 01:12 AM
Suppose I wanted an amulet of natural armor and constitution. Or both of those and wisdom. Is there RAW for such a thing to exist? And for how much it would cost?

I looked at MIC, which seemed to suggest it would cost the sum of the features, but that seems to negate the whole idea of body slots.

Yeah, you've got it right that the MIC allows for stacking a lot of those things on the appropriate item slots. You can make what you're intending, but I think the primary purpose of those rules is so you can have the nice utilities like AC and stat bonuses without having to give up use of some of the cool things, like ring of sustenance or ring of climbing. you know, stuff that would be great for certain characters but you wouldn't normally use due to needing the stat bonuses.

Don't worry about negating body slots, because the different effects still can only be applied to certain slot items without DM approval.

Claudius Maximus
2010-12-23, 01:13 AM
It does cost the sum of the features, but only for the things specifically listed on that page (enhancement bonuses to stats, common AC bonuses, etc.).

Otherwise, it costs the full price of the more expensive item plus 1.5 times the price of the less expensive item. See MIC 233-234 for details on improving items.