PDA

View Full Version : Question on Divine Caster Prestige Class (3.5)

Chanteur
2010-12-23, 08:33 PM
Hello. I've been considering a build for a character, and I was curious if anyone knew of any classes or combinations of classes that over 4 levels give at least +3 BAB, 4 spellcasting levels, and 2 bonus feats (I'm not optimistic, I'm just curious). Thank you.

NekoJoker
2010-12-23, 09:04 PM
I don't recall if it is Divine, but Runecaster from PGtF is Full BAB has 2 good saves and is a full caster progression

Spellguard of Silverymoon is also a full caster (I think), gets 1/2 BAB and a couple of metamagic feats... I is also from PGtF but that ones IS an arcane PrC

Morbis Meh
2010-12-23, 09:13 PM
Hospitaler (CD pg 49) has full BAB 3/4 spellcasting and 1 bonus feat... other PrC's in CD generally do not mix bonus feats in with the class.

dextercorvia
2010-12-23, 10:47 PM
Hello. I've been considering a build for a character, and I was curious if anyone knew of any classes or combinations of classes that over 4 levels give at least +3 BAB, 4 spellcasting levels, and 2 bonus feats (I'm not optimistic, I'm just curious). Thank you.

Which feats were you trying to get?

Ruathar is 2/3 BAB, 3/3 Casting, gives MWP (for one of the Elf weapons) and some other stuff.

Chanteur
2010-12-24, 12:31 AM
Which feats were you trying to get?

Ruathar is 2/3 BAB, 3/3 Casting, gives MWP (for one of the Elf weapons) and some other stuff.

Hopefully Dodge and Mobility, though Combat Medic isn't appealing because while it does give Mobility, I would have to get Combat Casting.

dextercorvia
2010-12-24, 08:35 AM
What other feats are you planning on taking by then?

Chanteur
2010-12-24, 10:10 AM
What other feats are you planning on taking by then?

I was planning on having the chararcter take Combat Reflexes, Mounted Combat, Dodge, Mobility, Two-Weapon Fighting, Heavy Armor Optimization, Greater Heavy Armor Optimization, Practiced Spellcaster: Cleric, Holy Warrior, Psionic Weapon, Greater Psionic Weapon, and Psionic Meditation by level 20. Dodge and Mobility could be gotten at any time, because I could just get them earlier, and then select a different bonus feat. I recognize that the feats seem strange, but I'm building an Elven commando with divine spellcasting and a touch of psionics. Thank you.

NekoJoker
2010-12-24, 04:02 PM
IIRC Both, dodge and mobility can be bought as an armor enhancement and they still count for the prerequisites (or so i have heard on these forums).

So you wouldn't have to spend the feat to get those. About being a commando and going around on heavy armor.... have you considered the Dread Commando from miniatures handbook? it's a whole PrC dedicated to making the fullplate useful when sneaking around, the class features are about reducing the armor penalties for hide, move silently and other skills

Godskook
2010-12-24, 04:35 PM
Why are you grabbing Dodge/Mobility? Pre-reqs?

Chanteur
2010-12-24, 04:47 PM
Yes, Dodge and Mobility are pre-requisites for Dread Commando and Shadowdancer. (Thank you for the mention of Dread Commando-I've had it in the build for a while, but I appreciate the suggestion, nonetheless.)