PDA

View Full Version : Stats for Inuyasha (and alignments)?

Chilingsworth
2010-12-23, 08:56 PM
I've been wondering, what sort of stats would the characters in the Inuyasha series (both heroes and villans) have? I'm unable to think of much that fits very well. Any help?

EDIT: I'd prefer D&D 3.x, please. If you're using something else, please state the system.

EDIT2: Also, now interested in alignments.

woodenbandman
2010-12-23, 09:28 PM
A different game.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-12-23, 09:30 PM
As with any anime character, stats vary at the speed of plot.

Prime32
2010-12-23, 09:32 PM
As with any anime character, stats vary at the speed of plot.That's an incredibly broad statement to make. I've actually seen that more often in western animation than anime.

I've statted plenty of characters like these, but I'm not very familiar with Inuyasha in particular. Can you summarise the abilities of the characters you're interested in?

awa
2010-12-23, 09:59 PM
the biggest problem with stating out a character like inuyasha is his abilities grow a tremendous amount so you would have to specify at which point in the serious you want to portray a given character.
For Inuyasha his sword is the biggest aspect of his character he rarely gets new powers he mostly unlock new abilities for his weapon.
this would be much easier with a point buy system like mutants and masterminds than dnd.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-23, 10:00 PM
That's an incredibly broad statement to make. I've actually seen that more often in western animation than anime.

I've statted plenty of characters like these, but I'm not very familiar with Inuyasha in particular. Can you summarise the abilities of the characters you're interested in?

Inuyasha (http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Inuyasha_(character))
Kagome (http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Kagome_Higurashi)
Sango (http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Sango)
Miroku (http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Miroku)

And, Naraku (http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Naraku)

Naraku, in particular, because he looks almost like a half-farspawn to me in one of his incarnations.

EDIT: I'm specifically interested in the anime arround seasons 5&6

true_shinken
2010-12-23, 10:15 PM
Inuyasha's main abilities:

Scent.
High physical strenght.
Claw attacks, that he is able to perform at range.
Very tough.
Heals very fast.
Has a magical blade that increases with power as the plot advances
Has a 'demon form' that makes him (a lot) more physically powerful but more reckless and evil

Hengeyokai (dog) grants us scent. Keep him always in hybrid form. Shifter works as well.
Warshaper gets us Str and Con bonus, plus fast healing and claws.
Take Ancestral Weapon (Book of Exalted Deeds) for the tessaiga (or make it a Legacy Weapon). He needs Blood Wind as a spell for claw attacks at range (it's interesting that this abilit is called Blood Claws or something similar, even). You can use it from an item, since it's a 1st level spell. Hengeyokai (dog) Duskblade 4/Warshaper 4 does it pretty nicely.
Bestow Curse could give him his 'loses powers once a month' thing and kotodama is obviously a cursed item.
For the 'superpowered evil side', refluffed demon possession (Fiendish Codex I) works wonders.

Sango is a Ranger/Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade with an oversized boomerang. Take Boomerang Daze/Boomerang Ricochet and you're pretty much set. She can easily be around the same level as Inuyasha - Ranger 2/Warblade 3/Bloodstorm Blade 2 is already enough for all her iconic abilities. Getting a boomerang that big on D&D is probably not possible, though.

Kagome is a Favored Soul (or Mystic from DLCS) with Zen Archery. She starts at level 1 and does not have stellar Wisdom (say, 15 or something tops - and only because of willpower). Her other scores, other than Charisma, are also not very high.

I have no idea how to do Miroku's wind hole, but I'd have him as a Cleric (maybe add Monk levels).

Kouga hits hard and moves very fast but that's about it. I want to say he is a gish, but seeing as he usually just gets his ass handed to him... I'd say he is better done as shifter Fighter into Shou Disciple or something like that. Hell, he could be a Monk, even.

Runestar
2010-12-23, 10:18 PM
I always thought the feral template replicated Inuyasha's abilities perfectly.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-23, 10:28 PM
Inuyasha's main abilities:

Scent.
High physical strenght.
Claw attacks, that he is able to perform at range.
Very tough.
Heals very fast.
Has a magical blade that increases with power as the plot advances
Has a 'demon form' that makes him (a lot) more physically powerful but more reckless and evil

Hengeyokai (dog) grants us scent. Keep him always in hybrid form. Shifter works as well.
Warshaper gets us Str and Con bonus, plus fast healing and claws.
Take Ancestral Weapon (Book of Exalted Deeds) for the tessaiga (or make it a Legacy Weapon). He needs Blood Wind as a spell for claw attacks at range (it's interesting that this abilit is called Blood Claws or something similar, even). You can use it from an item, since it's a 1st level spell. Hengeyokai (dog) Duskblade 4/Warshaper 4 does it pretty nicely.
Bestow Curse could give him his 'loses powers once a month' thing and kotodama is obviously a cursed item.
For the 'superpowered evil side', refluffed demon possession (Fiendish Codex I) works wonders.

Sango is a Ranger/Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade with an oversized boomerang. Take Boomerang Daze/Boomerang Ricochet and you're pretty much set. She can easily be around the same level as Inuyasha - Ranger 2/Warblade 3/Bloodstorm Blade 2 is already enough for all her iconic abilities. Getting a boomerang that big on D&D is probably not possible, though.

Kagome is a Favored Soul (or Mystic from DLCS) with Zen Archery. She starts at level 1 and does not have stellar Wisdom (say, 15 or something tops - and only because of willpower). Her other scores, other than Charisma, are also not very high.

I have no idea how to do Miroku's wind hole, but I'd have him as a Cleric (maybe add Monk levels).

Kouga hits hard and moves very fast but that's about it. I want to say he is a gish, but seeing as he usually just gets his ass handed to him... I'd say he is better done as shifter Fighter into Shou Disciple or something like that. Hell, he could be a Monk, even.

Where did you find the PrC and Boomerrang feats for Sango?

true_shinken
2010-12-23, 10:36 PM
Bloodstorm Blade is from ToB, boomerang feats are from Eberron Campaign Setting (IIRC; they are from Eberron, that's a given).

Beelzebub1111
2010-12-23, 10:49 PM
Bloodstorm Blade is from Tome of Battle, The boomerang feats are from Races of Eberron...I think.

EDIT: Swordsaged.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-23, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys!

One thing, though, how can Kagome's rather nasty spiritual arrow attacks be accounted for?

Beelzebub1111
2010-12-23, 11:17 PM
Thanks guys!

One thing, though, how can Kagome's rather nasty spiritual arrow attacks be accounted for?

Align Weapon Spell?

Chilingsworth
2010-12-24, 10:25 AM
Align Weapon Spell?

I'm not sure that would suffice to replicate the massive blast of purifying and magic-dispelling energy that are Kagome's (and Kikyo's) arrows!

Also, what about Naraku?

TheCountAlucard
2010-12-24, 10:37 AM
Inuyasha might be best statted out as a Demon-blooded, or a Wyld-mutated half-Caste. As for his sword, I'd say it'd be a grand daiklave.

Naraku is a second-circle Demon.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-24, 10:40 AM
Inuyasha might be best statted out as a Demon-blooded, or a Wyld-mutated half-Caste. As for his sword, I'd say it'd be a grand daiklave.

Naraku is a second-circle Demon.

I'm sorry, but I don't recognise any of those things... What book(s) are they from?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-24, 10:40 AM
Naraku is definitely a custom monster, he has so many abilities it is not funny.

Edit: I think he [TheCount] is using exalted terminology.... which is an White Wolf Game IIRC

Ossian
2010-12-24, 10:44 AM
I see 2 ways about this.

1) you make it item or special ability related, this gives you probably more accurate (if lower level) characters.

2) you try to use the existing D&D classes

On way 1, Inuyasha is probably a "half fiend" althoug a custom type (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/halfFiend.htm). Make him sit at 4HD and top it with some 4 levels of Monk. With an LA of +4 you have something near a CR of 12. Tessaiga is....difficult to stat, so I m not gonna try today

Kagome is a....Commoner? Ok, a high level one because she has been through a lot. High CHA and WIS and the ability to spam "Enhance arrow" at will.

Miroku could be a wandering cleric or some class of 3.0 Oriental Adventures, but probably he is just a level 3 to 5 expert with maybe a level of monk (he seems to fight well with his staff and that could be a WIS bonus to AC). Oh, and he has a micro singularity in his hand.

So, you get the drift...

Way 2 requires levels of mastery of 3.5 I do not come even close to, so I aam looking forward to seeing what the others come up with :smallbiggrin:

TheCountAlucard
2010-12-24, 10:44 AM
Naraku is definitely a custom monster, he has so many abilities it is not funny.

Edit: I think he [TheCount] is using exalted terminology.... which is a White Wolf Game IIRCYou do recall correctly. :smallamused: OP didn't specify game system, after all. :smallbiggrin:

Chilingsworth
2010-12-24, 10:49 AM
You do recall correctly. :smallamused: OP didn't specify game system, after all. :smallbiggrin:

You're correct, edited to fix that.:smallsmile:

TheCountAlucard
2010-12-24, 10:57 AM
You're correct, edited to fix that.:smallsmile:No problem. :smallsmile: For future reference, Exalted is a d10-based system in which the PCs are typically mythic characters with nigh-epic power in a setting that fuses anime and Greek mythology. :smallamused:

Which isn't to say that it's a mechanically-sound system, but we don't come to these boards expecting an RPG that works, now do we? :smalltongue:

Nero24200
2010-12-24, 02:08 PM
His sword would definately be some sort of big Mcguffen with it's own special rules. Without it he hasn't actually got that many abilities. His sword on the other hand can (warning, potential spoilers)

Near the beginning the sword can create a wave of energy when Inuyasha is fighting a powerful demon. This ability later develops so he can use it at-will.
Instantly destory any demon barriers.
Create a barrage of sharp diamons as a ranged attack.
Absorb powers that other demon weapons possess.
Create doors to other planes.

It should be noted that Inuyasha also gets these abilities specifically from killing foes with the Tetsuiga. It's possible that he may gain other abilities as well by killing different foes (for instance, maybe granting regeneration if he kills a particularly tought Troll).

Chilingsworth
2010-12-25, 08:00 AM
So... Still, about Naraku: A custom monster... maybe a human half-fiend, half-farspawn with enough levels in a casting class to cast otiluke's telekinetic sphere?

Frozen_Feet
2010-12-25, 08:50 AM
I'd say Naraku is a half-fiend sorcerer/alienist approaching epic levels, with maybe some aberrant template.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-25, 08:55 AM
I'd say Naraku is a half-fiend sorcerer/alienist approaching epic levels, with maybe some aberrant template.

I was thinking half-farspawn because in his final form, he has tentecles coming out of his back, plus bone-spurs coming out of his shoulders and covering his chest, plus a huge eye in his sernum and smaller eyes in his hands.

Yeah, definately also a half-fiend. And probably well into epic levels. Don't forget the cloudkill up the wazoo!

true_shinken
2010-12-25, 09:09 AM
Yeah, definately also a half-fiend. And probably well into epic levels. Don't forget the cloudkill up the wazoo!
Not sure about this. See, we already know we can give all of Inuyasha's and Sango's abilities to mid-level characters. Wih the feral template, you could even have Inuyasha at ECL 3. The big bad doesn't need to be epic level to be a threat.
In fact, considering how Narak avoids confrontation at all times if possible, I'd say he is not that a lot of levels above the crew.
Also - Narak gains abilities by consuming other demons. I'd say Illithid Savant works.

Frozen_Feet
2010-12-25, 09:20 AM
We could have a rough chassis for Inuyasha's abilities very early, that's true, but I don't think low level would fit for the level of landscape destruction and amount + power of monsters he can kill.

Likewise, while I think most of Naraku's abilities could be found from a relatively low-level Warlock or Sorcerer, the extent to which he uses them suggests a higher level character. (Such as creation of very large monsters and swarms.)

I think Inuyasha is fairly high-level, just of race/class combination that doesn't get a huge variety of abilities. Most of his troupe I'd put between levels 5 and 10. Naraku I feel warrants a high-level, 15+ or approaching epic.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-27, 09:58 PM
So... what spells/spell-like abilities might Naraku have?
My guesses:

Summon Monster
Otiluke's Telekinetic Sphere
Cloud Kill (Extended and Widened, and somehow made permenant...)

I Still have no idea how to represent Kagome's arrows, though.

true_shinken
2010-12-27, 10:04 PM
I Still have no idea how to represent Kagome's arrows, though.
Soulbow/Illumine Soul (or was it Illumine Blade?) gets pretty close. The problem is that a Soulbow has no bow. :smallcool:

awa
2010-12-27, 10:46 PM
I would actually say hes probably pretty decent level and this is why normal warrior types are depicted as completely worthless against even the weakest demons. the weakest demons are casually slaughtered by the hundreds in almost every fight by even the weaker members of the party. Are they epic level ? probably not and if they were they would be really unoptimized.

I would not make naruku (edit a sorcerer) because he has a very small set of powers not like any dnd caster. I was going to say warlock for naruku but changed my mind mid post to say his power is dm fiat in most fights nothing the heroes due works he just wins and leaves.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-28, 12:34 PM
Ok, what about the character alignments?

My Guesses:

Kagome - NG
Inuyasha - CN/CG
Shippo - CG/NG
Miroku - CG
Sango - LG
Sessomaru - CE/CN
Kikyo (post resurrection) - LN/LG
Naraku - CE/NE
Koga - CN

Any thoughts? Also, want to add guesses for anyother characters?

Scarlet-Devil
2010-12-28, 06:03 PM

My Guesses:

Kagome - NG
Inuyasha - CN/CG
Shippo - CG/NG
Miroku - CG
Sango - LG
Sessomaru - CE/CN
Naraku - CE/NE
Koga - CN

Those look pretty good, Sesshomaru might be more like TN/NE though; remember that NE is all about bettering oneself. Also he doesn't seem particularly whimsical, though he is sometimes (like when he brings Rin back to life, and takes Jaken as a companion).

Jaken is probably LN/LE.

Rin is probably NG-ish.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-29, 05:30 PM
Here's an idea: Naraku's insects could either be hellwasps or modified tiny fiendish monstrous vermin with a fly speed added.

Also, Kohaku is a character affected by a mindrape spell. Not sure of his 'normal' alignment, though.

Chilingsworth
2010-12-31, 12:45 PM
Entei (http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Entei) is some sort of sup'ed up nightmare. I'd guess that pretty obvious, though.

Also, I'm guessing Myoga (http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/My%C5%8Dga) is (albeit cowardly) LN/TN

Dusk Eclipse
2010-12-31, 01:05 PM
Entei (http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Entei) is some sort of sup'ed up nightmare. I'd guess that pretty obvious, though.

Also, I'm guessing Myoga (http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/My%C5%8Dga) is (albeit cowardly) LN/TN

Entei is not that much more powerful than a standard Nightmare, just add a fire breath weapon and someway to get mirror image as an SLA or something.

Chilingsworth
2011-01-02, 12:58 PM
Entei is not that much more powerful than a standard Nightmare, just add a fire breath weapon and someway to get mirror image as an SLA or something.

He doesn't have a mirror image-like ability. Those are afterimages from pure speed.

Frozen_Feet
2011-01-02, 02:18 PM
He doesn't have a mirror image-like ability. Those are afterimages from pure speed.

So Mirror Image as (Ex) at-will immediate action ability whenever it moves at least half of it's speed?

Chilingsworth
2011-01-02, 02:33 PM
Well, one of the characters said Entei can fly 1,000 leagues in a day. So, that's about 3,000 miles a day... which works out to 125 miles an hour, assuming 24 hour travel time. (As opposed to a standard DnD 8 hour usuable day.) I'm pretty sure thats MUCH faster than a typical nightmare. The extrodinary mirror image ability sounds good, though.

dragonsamurai77
2011-01-02, 02:43 PM
If I did my math right, that's a speed of 1100 feet, or 220 squares. That's fast. (125 miles/hr * 5280 ft/hr / 60 min/hr / 10 rounds/min)

Chilingsworth
2011-01-02, 03:03 PM
If I did my math right, that's a speed of 1100 feet, or 220 squares. That's fast. (125 miles/hr * 5280 ft/hr / 60 min/hr / 10 rounds/min)

I think that's right, though his movement speed would be a fraction of that, depending on what his run rate is. Assuming a 5x run (as per horses), his actual movement speed would be 220 feet or 44 squares.

Fiery Diamond
2011-01-02, 03:10 PM

My Guesses:

Kagome - NG
Inuyasha - CN/CG
Shippo - CG/NG
Miroku - CG
Sango - LG
Sessomaru - CE/CN
Naraku - CE/NE
Koga - CN

Wait, what? Sesshomaru is LE! I went through and thought about this a long time ago.

Here's my take:

Kagome: NG the whole way through
Inuyasha: CN at the beginning, quickly shifts up to CG
Shippo: CG, largely thanks to his prankish nature
Miroku: CG for sure
Sango: Either LG or NG; I would go with NG
Sesshomaru: LE the whole way through. He's cold, calm, and collected the majority of the time. He doesn't go on random killing sprees. Instead, he ruthlessly slaughters those who are stupid enough not to clear off when he tells them to scram. He has compassion for a select few he legitimately cares about, though he pretends he doesn't (Rin, Jakken, and to a lesser extent Inuyasha after he gets over his whole jealousy about Tetsaiga), but this doesn't make him non-evil. He's true to his word and doesn't engage in serious deception (apart from disguising his compassion).
Naraku: NE I think, though an argument could be made for CE
Koga: CN, originally CE until he developed his crush on Kagome and decided to reform his behavior to make himself more appealing to her. He always had a noble streak, but his evil deeds outweighed his good up until the reformation.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-01-02, 03:53 PM
I think Sessomaru would be NE at first, and then slowly changing into TN; but that is just me.

Chilingsworth
2011-01-03, 05:35 PM
I think Sessomaru would be NE at first, and then slowly changing into TN; but that is just me.

He definately doesn't seem lawful to me. He resents/refuses attempts to control him, but he also seems to no/minimal interest in gaining political power or dominate others.