PDA

View Full Version : What's next for my bard? 3.5

mikkelsr
2010-12-24, 12:35 PM
I'm in an epic campaign and I am a bit bumfuzzled as to what prestige class to put my bard through next.

Human
CG

Stats:

STR 15
DEX 18
CON 16
INT 16
WIS 16
CHA 26

Classes:

Bard 10
Troubador of Stars 10
Sublime Chord 4

Feats:

Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Knight of Stars
Focused Performer
Leadership
Words of Creation
Focused Performance
Song of the Heart
Epic Leadership
Voice of the Mage

Skills:

Skillwise he's geared for social interaction and to to be party face. He's got some knowledge skills and a little bit of rogueish stuff, but not much. UMD is good enough to do pretty much everything as well.

Personality:

He's a bit of a showboat/leader of men type. He has his own school where the adventurers of tomorrow come to learn their skills, and he isn't above using them to help him further his own goals. He's always on the lookout for new sources of power, both from items and people themselves.

My thoughts were to stop Sublime Chord at 26 and take something new at 27. But I'm at a loss as to what. I want something that has full spell progression, so I can finish that up at least.

Any thoughts?

Godskook
2010-12-24, 04:42 PM
Um, typically, epic feats are worth more than class features of pre-epic classes. Starting another prestige class instead of getting a "feat every 3 levels" prestige class into epic progression is typically not worth it, cause you're, at a minimum, giving up 3 iterations of Improved Spell Capacity(*MINIMUM*, I tell you).

But if you're set on it, check out the ones with lackluster caster levels, since post-20 caster levels are as important as pre-20 ones are. Swiftblade is the one coming to my mind, but that's more of a gish class than a bardic one.

Optimator
2010-12-26, 12:24 AM
What's the party like? Seems like maxing out Sublime Chord levels (well, casting levels) will be most beneficial, power-wise. A two-level dip in Seeker of the Song or five levels in War Chanter would snag you double songs (it looks like, based on your feats, that the Bardic Music is a focus). Inspire Recklessness is great in a melee party. Virtuoso is always fun, as the special songs they get can be pretty cool (dominate, true seeing, etc).

I remember a Forgotten Realms PrC which lets you basically sub any wizard spell for any wizard enchantment spell, subject to the standard "must sacrifice a spell of equal or greater level" business that we always see. I thought is was Blade-something or something-Singer but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, that PrC would be pretty good in epic: powerful new ability and your CL keeps going up.

Lord.Sorasen
2010-12-26, 12:49 AM
Maybe you're at the point of no return, but if you can somehow redo some skills, there's always the war weaver. Casting heal spells through the weave can be surprisingly useful.