PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Inside 27

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 12:44 AM
[Streets]

She should be able to hear it snarl before leaping onto a different roof. It finds her quickly, and quickly moves to pounce again.

Chas the mage
2010-12-29, 12:50 AM
[Red Zone]

Aether makes his way to Trog's as well.

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 01:00 AM
[Rooftops]

And Dani dives to the side, ducking behind a chimney!
"Eat brick!" she shouts, scrambling over to the edge...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 01:10 AM
[Rooftops]

Dani can hear the sounds of the creatures claws tearing through the roof it landed on. It scrambles to chase after Dani, not wanting to let its prey go.

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 01:15 AM
[Rooftops]

And the creature will find Dani standing on the parapet at the edge of the rooftop.

Arms spread wide...

"Don't do this, Zel. Don't make me do this. Please...we're friends! I'm Dani! Remember?!"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 01:26 AM
[Rooftops]

The creature stops, still growling. It stares at Dani for a moment.

Something seems to momentarily flash across its eyes.

Then it shakes its head, and pounces for Dani!

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 01:27 AM
[Rooftops]

And as the creature pounces...

...Dani falls backwards, arms spread, eyes closed.

Off the edge of the roof.

:eek:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 01:36 AM
[Rooftops]

The creature follows, claws outstretched, reaching for Dani...

And then it blinks. Like it just woke up.

It twists its body and swings a paw. Dani should suddenly feel herself being thrust upward an a little ways over. Which should make her land in that nice snowbank over yonder.

The creature, however, lands on an abandoned wooden stand. Probably used to be a little store or something.

CRASH

Now it's broke.

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 01:43 AM
[Rooftops]

Dani was intendting to teleport out at the last second. But the sudden telekinetic nudge distracts her, so...

PLUFT!

Into the snowbank she goes!

Emerging from it a moment later, sputtering from the snow.
And then noticing the abandoned, now broken, store.

"Oh, no..."

She also hadn't counted on the creature following her down...

So she flails her way out of the snowbank and rushes over!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 01:52 AM
[Streets]

First thing she'll see is a lot of broken wood and stuff. And, when she gets about halfway over, the wood starts shifting a little. And the creature groans.

Wait...that groan sounded more human...

A figure picks itself up from the rubble. The figure looks mostly human, but not quite. The first thing is that the skin is just like the creatures, and the tail is still present. But, it's body has shrunk a little, and taken more human proportions. The hands and feet are still clawed, though.

The figure stands, puts a hand to its forehead, wobbles, and starts to tip over backwards.

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 01:54 AM
[Streets]

And Dani runs even faster, trying to catch the figure that she thinks is her friend before it can fall all the way over!

Given her size, there's no way that this can go wrong.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 02:04 AM
[Streets]

Of course not!

...except that the figure is taller than Zel.

...and probably weighs more.

...there she goes!

Dani makes it in time, but can she hold her?

Probably not.

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 02:06 AM
[Streets]

"Ooof!"

At least Dani can provide a bit of a cushion on the way down. :smalltongue:

"Ow!

...Zel?"

She sounds worried. Of course, since her arms are currently pinned underneath the 'stranger's' body, well, she might have reason to be.

Terumitsu
2010-12-29, 02:12 AM
[Streets- Possibly outside the Needle and Thread]

Being barefoot in this weather was usually a sign of something, be it poverty or a sheer defiance of the elements. Usually it was a monk or some enlightened person that defied shoes, instead choosing to risk each step with the chance of stepping in something unpleasant. This person, however, was not of that bent. No, they didn't have shoes as their last pair was shredded to bits. If anyone had the silly idea to go find the remains of said shoes, they would be on the corner of Fairbanks and Drake's Tooth near the fountains and looking as if they had been sliced apart from the inside. There would also be some messy remains of what might have once been a flying psychic sandwich but all that was left was half a slice of bread with a dab of mustard lying on the street.

There was probably a good story behind that.

At the very least, there was a distinct clinking noise when the person of vaugely elvish persuasion (it was all in the ears) walked down the streets. It would be kinda like listening to a horse with new shoes. The elf-like person stopped at a store that caught her eye, though. Mostly because it had pretty clothes and she, currently, had the tattered remains of cloth that looked pretty sliced up. It was doing a decent job of keeping her decent but the ragged look was... Not how she wanted to present herself. She peeked in the windows to see if there was anyone on duty at the moment. It would be a shame if she would have to walk around for a while more in rags.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 02:13 AM
[Streets]

When she lands, she'll roll off of Dani.

At least she isn't on for too long.

She brings herself to all fours. Seems that's all she has the energy for right now.

D...Da...Dani...? Her voice is deeper and more coarse than it used to be.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-29, 02:16 AM
Elp Meton Row, Null Zone

"Sure thing, Kal!" http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/NamonakiRei/Smallhappymurderous.png Decker heads off down the main road.

I hope she remembers to swap smileys if she tries the 'look innocent' plan.

Eeeeeyeah.

Kal sneakily sneak sneak sneaks down the alleyway, after the healers. How does he manage to be so silent and stealthy despite the fact that his gauntlets regularly tick like a watch, and are also GLOWING with the fires of burning souls? Not a clue, my dear. I assume he's just THAT. GOOD.

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 02:16 AM
[Needle and Thread]

Observable working behind the counter at the Needle and Thread is a little red-haired girl!

Well, she is! About 12-ish, and with bright red hair.
It's Jamie! And at the moment she's reading a history book, as she's between customers.

---

Streets]

Dani scrambles to her feet, and takes a step back, then...
Well, it looks like she isn't on the menu anymore. So she, er, steps back.
"Zel? It's me, it's Dani...oh gods, Zel, what happened to you?!" she asks, cautiously reaching out to put a hand on her friend's shoudler.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 02:21 AM
Streets]Dani scrambles to her feet, and takes a step back, then...
Well, it looks like she isn't on the menu anymore. So she, er, steps back.
"Zel? It's me, it's Dani...oh gods, Zel, what happened to you?!" she asks, cautiously reaching out to put a hand on her friend's shoudler.

Zel brings herself to a kneeling position, and doesn't really react the the hand being on her shoulder.

Even though the scales technically cover her up, she's pretty much naked right now. Like how Mystique was in the X-Men movies.

She slowly shakes her head, then puts a hand to it.

Demon...took control...Stronger...

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 02:23 AM
Thankfully (a) she has scales and (b) Dani has a jacket she's trying to put over Zel right now.

"Well, fight it! You can do it. And I'll help. If I can." Even if it's just by being there.

Terumitsu
2010-12-29, 02:28 AM
[Needle and Thread]

The little red-headed girl would soon have a customer! A very blue customer... More of a cobolt-chloride colored customer. Which might look odd as her eyes were distinctly copper colored. That and one might swear the person was almost polished when the light bounced off her skin just right. The bell jingled as she stepped inside, likely indicating immedeately of her plight. She only took a short glance around the shop before approaching the counter as what she had in mind would need some help in locating.

"Hello there. Might you have clothes that can piece themselves back together after being cut or pierced?" the semi-shiny blue elf person asked. Probably not the strangest request that the shop has had. Really, with a place like the Nexus, it might be a rather solid market for such a thing.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 02:31 AM
Thankfully (a) she has scales and (b) Dani has a jacket she's trying to put over Zel right now.

"Well, fight it! You can do it. And I'll help. If I can." Even if it's just by being there.

Zel doesn't seem to notice the jacket, either. She's kinda out of it right now.

I've been trying...That's why...I'm like this...now...I think...

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 02:34 AM
[Needle and Thread]

Jamie jumps in surprise, sets aside her book, and smiles at the customer!
"Oh, hi! Can I help you? Oh...I think we do. We should, yeah. Anything in particular you want?" she asks with a smile.

Seeing as her friends include a clockwork girl, a ghost who isn't a ghost, two half-caste Exalted, a vampire who wields a Keyblade, an Object girl, a goblin, and a sabretooth tiger who thinks he's an oversized housecat, a semi-shiny elf-person hardly merits a second glance...

---

[Streets]

Dani nods, and, well, tries to concentrate and help. Probably doesn't do much...
"Just, well, keep trying. I'm here, and I'm your friend, and I'll help and do anything I can!" she promises.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 02:38 AM
[Streets]

Zel nods a little, her eyes closed and a hand still on her head.

Dani...did I...hurt people...?

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 02:43 AM
[Streets]

Dani stiffens just a little, which Zel will probably be able to tell, but...
"Um...well...not too badly? I don't think. I only saw one person and I gave him a healing potion, so..."

((And I need sleep. See ya tomorrow!))

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 02:46 AM
[Streets]

Zel opens her eyes and turns her head to face Dani. Her eyes are still catlike, but at least they're their normal color.

She seems kind of depressed right now.

And she sees what damage is done to Dani.

Dani...! Oh...I'm so...sorry...

((Night!))

Terumitsu
2010-12-29, 02:50 AM
[Needle and Thread]

No reason to make a Nexus born person feel out of place at least. She was indeed likely more 'normal' than some of the other things that inhabited the Nexus but that was neither here nor there.

"Yes, I was thinking something built for movement while still managing a casual feel. I've been saving up for a while and I think I'd like something a professional adventurer would wear." the metallic blue elven person said with a slightly excited gleam in her eye.

Ah yes, young adventurers were always full of energy. Especially when coming from a place where the base economy was based on scavenging the countless ruins that hid in the countrysides. That is, when it wasn't based around the trading of alchoholic beverages.

celtois
2010-12-29, 02:58 AM
[Lost Inside] :smallwink:

Ember, Rasslin and Ana are now wandering the streets of inside.

Seems most people are indoors for one reasons other, and it's getting pretty late.

Ana looks fairly at home on the streets and she walks down them with a fair bit of confidence. This inside place was after all pretty primitive compared to the concrete jungle back home.

"Okay, so we just need to find this GloG place. I figure if we can find someone they might have heard of it."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-29, 03:00 AM
[Lost Inside]
"Yeah," Ember is looking cautiously around at the buildings.
After all that just happened, the fact she's functioning is stranger than anything...

celtois
2010-12-29, 03:03 AM
[Lost Inside]

Oh hey look is that a Trog's Tavern sign. It is! "Trog's Tavern, probably going to be some smelly booze hole. But hey there should be people in there we could ask. Want to go in and see." Ana offers Ember her hand, just in case having something/someone to hold onto would make her feel safer.

Fire tempers the sword, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. All that jazz.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-29, 03:05 AM
[Lost Inside]

Oh hey look is that a Trog's Tavern sign. It is! "Trog's Tavern, probably going to be some smelly booze hole. But hey there should be people in there we could ask. Want to go in and see." Ana offers Ember her hand, just in case having something/someone to hold onto would make her feel safer.

Fire tempers the sword, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. All that jazz.

Ember nods, a scared look on her face, and clings desperately to Ana's arm. Trog's looks scary to her.

celtois
2010-12-29, 03:10 AM
[Lost Inside]

And so the brave duo trio will enter Trogs.

Ember clinging to Ana, quite successfully.

"Don't worry it won't be too bad."

Moving to Trogs Thread

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-29, 03:12 AM
Ember follows, slightly less bravely.

Quincunx
2010-12-29, 05:32 AM
[MagMart, Lair and Garden section]

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/tzimcrawl.gif
Tzimfemme, with two shovels leaning on either shoulder, walks up to the live demonstration of ground-based anti-intruder devices. A MagMinion gingerly steps across the sod until all of the lasers, tripwires, motion sensors, and pressure plates have blasted it, then the nekkid mage steps onto the grass and tests out the cutting edges and ergonomics of each shovel.

[MagMart, Plumbing & HVAC section]

Tzimfemme pauses to appreciate the live demonstration of Plucky Hero Filtering Systems. The top-of-the-line model not only dices the MagMinion slithering through the duct, but seasons the meat and bones, feeds them to a captive beast, composts the dung, and pots a commemorative poisonous plant in the compost. Now that's security.

[MagMart, Women's Clothing section]

A MagMinioness approaches as Tzimfemme sorts through racks of costume jewelry and alloyed gold with her back turned, flourishing a knock-off of the most chic triple-swirling villainess cape; she swirls it up and over Tzimfemme's shoulders, the various flounces orbiting in their turn (slightly out of sync--I did say it was a knock-off), only to have the entire thing melt in greenish light once it crosses into Tzimfemme's morphic field. "I will not be charged for that," the nekkid mage growls.

[MagMart, Tchotchkes section]

Near the registers, she sifts through a bin of white-flocked Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah baubles (25% 50% 75% off!) without success. One octopus-shaped bauble latches onto her arm, but she rips it away while the poison needle is stuck inside its housing.

iElf
2010-12-29, 10:02 AM
Temple

"There's no need to apologize. Just get some sleep." Lauretta says. "If you need anything, just ring the bell."

Din nods, and will slowly fall asleep...only to wake up again later.

Din tries to get up from where she slept. where is Lauretta keeping her in the temple?

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 11:50 AM
Temple of Dalachrech- Altar Room

The human girl will nod and try to lead Samantha to Terrowin's office.

Alleyway Behind the Temple

The healers stop about three quarters of the way down the alleyway and appear to walk through a door. One glances behind towards Kal, but seems to not see him. Maybe Kal puts his hands behind him so the glow of the gauntlets is shielded by his body? Oddly, there seem to be no other doors in the alleyway. Should Kal try to follow, there's no door where the robed healers appeared to enter; merely a large poster advertising an insecticide.

Elp Meton Row, Null Zone

The group of clerics walk to one of the houses about three quarters of the way down the terrace, and knock on the door. It is opened by a seventeen-year-old catgirl who nods and lets them in.

Gullara
2010-12-29, 12:43 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech- Altar Room]

"Oh, ok." Samantha follows the girl to Terrowin's office. She clutches the holy book to her chest.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 01:44 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Outside Terrowin's Office

The human girl will knock on the door. After a short pause, Terrowin shouts 'Enter!' and the nineteen-year-old will open the door, motioning for Samantha to enter. Terrowin is sitting in the same chair as last time, and motions for Samantha to sit opposite him in front of the beetle mural. "Ah, Samantha. I have been thinking about your lessons. Would you like Gertrude to teach you? There are other clerics, but I don't believe you have met them."

((I just realised the murals could indicate that even the High Priest is closer to punishment than reward, instead of what I originally intended: The High Priest is between you and reward, and you are between him and punishment. Also that reward is much further away, and therefore harder to receive, than punishment. But all of those are probably true to an extent, so it's still good.))

Gullara
2010-12-29, 01:56 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech- Terrowin's Office]

Samantha sits down across from Terrowin. "Um, learning should be a lot easier now." she says shyly. She holds out the holy book she was holding for him to touch. If he does he will find that it is incorporeal.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 02:09 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Terrowin's Office

Terrowin's surprised at the now-incorporeal book. "Indeed it will. Do you know how that happened?" Unfortunately, being a holy book, it doesn't contain every word in Abyssal. But it does help as a starting block.

Gullara
2010-12-29, 02:18 PM

Samantha looks sheepish as she says, "I did it. If I put my hand in something and focus a long time I can make it like me."

"I... also learn about the object a little bit." she goes on, "So I know a little abyssal now." And she has a little more of an understanding of Dalachrech's religion.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 02:26 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

That particular book is bound in normal leather. But one ritual requires the scribe writing the book to supply the skin to be tanned. Fortunately, there's healing afterwards.

"Well, that is very handy." Still makes one of the other rituals rather difficult. Possibly slightly easier, but still difficult.

iElf
2010-12-29, 02:29 PM
Temple of dalachrech

Din gets up from bed, gets dressed, and has a look around the place where Lauretta is keeping her

Gullara
2010-12-29, 02:32 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech]

She nods. "Gertrude teaching me would be good." she answers the initial question.

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 02:39 PM
Temple of dalachrech

Din gets up from bed, gets dressed, and has a look around the place where Lauretta is keeping her

She's in Lauretta's quarters, and will see the other Priestess studying. Of course the only clothes for Din to wear is Lauretta's clerical garb.

"How are you feeling?" Lauretta asks. Her centipede is on her shoulder.

iElf
2010-12-29, 02:44 PM
Temple

Din groans a little "...i'm starting to feel a bit better, thanks...but my head..."

the garb probably won't fit her, as Din is 6' 4'', and will have different measurements

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 02:44 PM

"Excellent. I will arrange for her to teach you. Is there any time in particular you would like to begin?" Terrowin is smiling.

Temple of Dalachrech- Lauretta's Room

If Lauretta has her Orb of Brotherhood, she will hear Jorje. Hello Lauretta. Hope I'm not interrupting something, but there's a drow in Trog's. Would you like me or Destur to approach?

Gullara
2010-12-29, 02:49 PM

Samantha gives him a small smile. "Any time is good. I'm good to start as soon as possible."

She doesn't need to sleep or eat and doesn't have a lot to do being unable to touch corporeal things.

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 02:49 PM
Temple

That would be appreciated. Of course your inquiries should be circumspect. We don't want the Angelicans to know of our involvement. I actually have the Priestess here at the temple - she was attacked by thugs last night.

Din will have to wear one of the outer robes then, which should be loose enough to fit, if rather short.

"Are you in pain? Did you take a blow to the head yesterday?" Lauretta asks. "Here, have a glass of wine. It should help." Of course the wine is drugged.

(I always pictured Din as short - probably because of the chibi drawing :smallbiggrin:)

Maxios
2010-12-29, 02:55 PM
[Slums]
The Courier is walking the streets of the slums. He has a dirty buisness suit, and a fedora.
He still has his famous weaponry with him, but the weapons are very well hidden on him.

iElf
2010-12-29, 02:56 PM
Temple

That would be appreciated. Of course your inquiries should be circumspect. We don't want the Angelicans to know of our involvement. I actually have the Priestess here at the temple - she was attacked by thugs last night.

Din will have to wear one of the outer robes then, which should be loose enough to fit, if rather short.

"Are you in pain? Did you take a blow to the head yesterday?" Lauretta asks. "Here, have a glass of wine. It should help." Of course the wine is drugged.

(I always pictured Din as short - probably because of the chibi drawing :smallbiggrin:)

Din will put it on , and drink the wine "...no...I don't think so. and I'm not in pain really.but I think I may be able to leave...but this robe is kind of tight around the chest...":smallamused:

((I really need to do some better artwork of her...or some arkwork at all. I've been much to busy at college to draw in class:smallbiggrin:))

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 02:58 PM

"Excellent. I'll just contact her and she will be here as soon as possible." Terrowin reaches into a pouch at his waist and takes it out. If Samantha can identify such things, it's a telepathic communication device.

Really? That's convenient. We'll talk to this one; might be able to tell you soon whether she's a Xar'Cha. Presumably Jorje has been told at some point the name of the House Lauretta is looking for.

Gullara
2010-12-29, 03:05 PM

"Ok." Samantha says and nods. She doesn't recognize the device, but she can guess.

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 03:08 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"I'm afraid I'm not as full-figured as you are," Lauretta says. "If you'll wait here, I'll see if I can find something that fits better."

Lauretta steps outside her room and looks for Elezibethele or Madame de la Moy. If she finds them, she'll tell them her plan to try and keep Din at the temple for a few days to see if she can be indoctrinated into the true path, as well as ask one of them if they have a robe that will fit Din better.

iElf
2010-12-29, 03:13 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"I'm afraid I'm not as full-figured as you are," Lauretta says. "If you'll wait here, I'll see if I can find something that fits better."

Lauretta steps outside her room and looks for Elezibethele or Madame de la Moy. If she finds them, she'll tell them her plan to try and keep Din at the temple for a few days to see if she can be indoctrinated into the true path, as well as ask one of them if they have a robe that will fit Din better.

Din will wait till she gets back, takes of Lauretta's robe again , covering herself with lauretta's blanket

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 03:15 PM

"Gertrude is on her way up now. She shouldn't be too long." Terrowin has put the Orb of Brotherhood away.

Temple of Dalachrech- Bedroomy Area

Fortunately, Madame Gertrude de la Moy has just been called to Terrowin's office, meaning that she has just left her bedroom. Also, she's over six foot tall, whereas Elezibethele, being a full-blooded elf, is shorter than Lauretta. "That is a very good plan. Be careful, though; Howard Spritesson died after trying something similar." Although Destur's brother chose to try and convert a Paladin of Pelor. She will lead Lauretta to her bedroom and open her wardrobe, letting Lauretta choose one of her dresses. They are quite modest, and roomier in the chest than Lauretta's. None of them have the same properties as the one she is wearing.

Gullara
2010-12-29, 03:19 PM

Samantha nods. She's examining the mural behind Terrowin again.

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 03:21 PM
Temple

"Thank you." Lauretta chooses one of the gowns, and takes it back to her own room. "This should fit you," she says to Din.

iElf
2010-12-29, 03:23 PM
Temple

"Thank you." Lauretta chooses one of the gowns, and takes it back to her own room. "This should fit you," she says to Din.

Din puts it on. it fits her a lot better than the other one "...this is better, thank you!"

being slightly bored, Din has let a few flowers grow in various corners of the room

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 03:24 PM
Temple

"Oh. How did you do that?" Lauretta asks.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 03:27 PM

The mural is very interesting; there's a giant praying mantis cunningly hidden in a stand of trees in one corner. It appears to be disguised as a tree.

Temple of Dalachrech- Gertrude's Bedroom

"Oh, my pleasure." After Lauretta leaves, Gertrude will lock the door and head upstairs. She'll arrive in the office next post.

Temple of Dalachrech- Lauretta's Bedroom

Another drow entered Trog's. Destur has approached her.

iElf
2010-12-29, 03:31 PM
Temple

"Oh. How did you do that?" Lauretta asks.

Din smiles "I may be a priestess of Angela...but I've been for only one season. I've been trained as a ranger and bard since I was very young."

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 03:34 PM
Temple

"Then as a ranger, you must know the importance of invertebrate life," Lauretta says, her centipede crawling onto her arm. "They may not look at pretty as flowers, but they're just as necessary."

iElf
2010-12-29, 03:40 PM
Temple

"Then as a ranger, you must know the importance of invertebrate life," Lauretta says, her centipede crawling onto her arm. "They may not look at pretty as flowers, but they're just as necessary."

"it doesn't mean I have to like them...." Din sighs "but you're right. I just don't feel the need to treat them like lap dogs..."

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 03:43 PM
Temple

Lauretta smiles. "No, that's quite a mammalian trait, I know I keep her for my sake, not for hers," she says, petting her centipede. "Would you like to come to a service with me?"

iElf
2010-12-29, 03:45 PM
Temple

Lauretta smiles. "No, that's quite a mammalian trait, I know I keep her for my sake, not for hers," she says, petting her centipede. "Would you like to come to a service with me?"

Din frowns "....no thank you .not really.I'm not too keen on that kind of thing. "

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 03:57 PM

Gertrude de la Moy arrives and sits next to Samantha. "Hello, Samantha. Would you mind following me? I'll teach you Abyssal in my room, if that's OK." Gertrude smiles.

Hello, miss. The second drow's no good; she's a follower of Bahamut, of all dieties. Bahamut's a dragon god. This is Destur, the gnome with no taste in clothing's mind-voice.

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 03:57 PM
Temple

Lauretta is disappointed that Din hasn't become suggestive enough yet to say yes, but doesn't show it. "As you wish. I'll be back soon. Just be careful not to leave. My brothers have reported increased drow activity."

"How disappointing. Thank you for checking though." she says to Destur.

iElf
2010-12-29, 03:59 PM
Temple

Lauretta is disappointed that Din hasn't become suggestive enough yet to say yes, but doesn't show it. "As you wish. I'll be back soon. Just be careful not to leave. My brothers have reported increased drow activity."

"How disappointing. Thank you for checking though." she says to Destur.

Din nods, and will stay where she is

Gullara
2010-12-29, 04:04 PM

"Alright." Samantha says and stands. She's starting to feel a little more confident.

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 04:07 PM
Temple

Lauretta will inform the other clerics of her plans with Din. Perhaps one of them will talk to her while she deadtimes.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 04:16 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Terrowin's Office to Gertrude's Bedroom

"Excellent. Please, follow me." Madame de la Moy will make her way to her bedroom, on the floor below. She unlocks it, and lets Samantha in first. Inside, it's very similar to Samantha's, only difference is a larger wardrobe and a mirror with an ornate frame, engraved with insects.

Elezibethele arrives. Presumably let in (she outranks Lauretta quite a way), she is an elf, shorter than Lauretta, with green eyes and long, blonde hair. She is wearing a red dress, low-cut in the front but with a closed back and long sleeves; around her neck is a silver amulet depicting a two-tailed scorpion, and pinned to her dress is a jewelled brooch of a stag beetle. "Hello, there. My name is Elezibethele, and I think we have more in common than most would assume."

iElf
2010-12-29, 04:18 PM

Elezibethele arrives. Presumably let in (she outranks Lauretta quite a way), she is an elf, shorter than Lauretta, with green eyes and long, blonde hair. She is wearing a red dress, low-cut in the front but with a closed back and long sleeves; around her neck is a silver amulet depicting a two-tailed scorpion, and pinned to her dress is a jewelled brooch of a stag beetle. "Hello, there. My name is Elezibethele, and I think we have more in common than most would assume."

Din is slightly nervous "...in what way?"

Gullara
2010-12-29, 04:20 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech- Gertrude's Bedroom]

Samantha steps inside and takes a seat wherever it seems appropriate to do so. She is still clutching the holy book to her chest. It's almost as if she is afraid to drop it.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 04:29 PM

Gertrude will sit on her bed, take out her own copy and pat the bed next to her, so Samantha can sit next to her. And I suppose dropping an incorporeal book would be disasterous; what would stop it before it hit the centre of the Earth? The lesson will begin, and possibly be a montage.

"We have both pledged ourselves to a deity, we both have at least one elvish parent, and we have both suffered at the hands of drow." Unless Din's parents are half-elves, I think it's all true.

iElf
2010-12-29, 04:33 PM

"We have both pledged ourselves to a deity, we both have at least one elvish parent, and we have both suffered at the hands of drow." Unless Din's parents are half-elves, I think it's all true.

both din's parents are half elves....

"...what did the drow do to you ?"

Gullara
2010-12-29, 04:34 PM

Exactly. She could get it back, but it would take an hour of concentration.

And the lesson montage commences.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 04:42 PM

Actually, what stops Samantha from falling to the centre of the Earth? But yay, montage.

"They raised me. My mother was captured whilst she was pregnant, and died when I was young. I escaped with the help of rogue drider when I was one hundred and nineteen." Elezibethele sits down on the bed, and motions for Din to join her.

iElf
2010-12-29, 04:44 PM

Actually, what stops Samantha from falling to the centre of the Earth? But yay, montage.

"They raised me. My mother was captured whilst she was pregnant, and died when I was young. I escaped with the help of rogue drider when I was one hundred and nineteen." Elezibethele sits down on the bed, and motions for Din to join her.

Din sits down too "...oh....119 years in slavery...I was begging to be killed after a mere 3 months..."

Gullara
2010-12-29, 04:56 PM

She subconsciously floats. It's like breathing, she doesn't have to think about it.

Mooontaaage.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 05:07 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Gertrude's Room

Presumably, the montage lasts until either a meal time or a time for prayer. I'm not really sure about these things, but it's hard to teach on an empty stomach (at least, it's hard to learn on an empty stomach).

"I wasn't. I grew up believing that that was all elves were fit for. And I was a temple slave, not a labourer, private concubine or anything similar. Yes, I wanted freedom, but I initially tried climbing the social ladder. I'm lucky those drider tried to free them. Luckier that because drow scorn them, many drider abandon Lolth, and look for other dieties. One of the more popular ones, at least where I was captive, was Dalachrech, who took me in." Which ladder would a temple slave try to climb for freedom, surrounded by the worship of Lolth?

Gullara
2010-12-29, 05:10 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech- Gertrude's Room]

Well Samantha doesn't need to eat and she doesn't know when prayer time is, so she will be taught until Gertrude decides to stop.

iElf
2010-12-29, 05:13 PM

"I wasn't. I grew up believing that that was all elves were fit for. And I was a temple slave, not a labourer, private concubine or anything similar. Yes, I wanted freedom, but I initially tried climbing the social ladder. I'm lucky those drider tried to free them. Luckier that because drow scorn them, many drider abandon Lolth, and look for other dieties. One of the more popular ones, at least where I was captive, was Dalachrech, who took me in." Which ladder would a temple slave try to climb for freedom, surrounded by the worship of Lolth?

Din sighs "...being a temple slave wouldn't have been so bad...I was the slave some noble daughter...she used me as a concubine, and as a human cutting board...she loved finding new ways of torturing me. I murderd her and escaped eventually...but I still belong to her family."

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 05:33 PM

A bell rings distantly. "Oh, that's the sign for a mealtime. Would you come down with me? You could meet the other clerics, although Terrowin won't be there. We can resume afterwards." Gertrude says this in Abyssal, to see how much Samantha understands.

"That sounds terrible. I don't know how I would have coped if I had been the slave of anyone less than Lolth via the local High Priestess; only the priestesses could touch me, and most of them were content to whip me occassionally for being an elf." There's genuine-sounding concern in Elezibethele's voice, but it's not really genuine.

iElf
2010-12-29, 05:35 PM

A bell rings distantly. "Oh, that's the sign for a mealtime. Would you come down with me? You could meet the other clerics, although Terrowin won't be there. We can resume afterwards." Gertrude says this in Abyssal, to see how much Samantha understands.

"That sounds terrible. I don't know how I would have coped if I had been the slave of anyone less than Lolth via the local High Priestess; only the priestesses could touch me, and most of them were content to whip me occassionally for being an elf." There's genuine-sounding concern in Elezibethele's voice, but it's not really genuine.

Din shows her scars and whip marks "...these are only the scars she wanted to keep on me...I wanted to die so badly...the pain was to much to bear...but...maybe we can talk of something more pleasant?"

Gullara
2010-12-29, 05:41 PM

Samantha listens intently, and mostly understands it. She even haltingly replies in Abyssal. "Yes, I... would like that."

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 06:01 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Gertrude's Bedroom-Dining Room

"Good! I am hungry." Samantha will be led to the entry hall. Currently on door-opening duty is a male elf wearing simple clothes. When he sees the two girls, he pushes one of the drapes on the right aside and opens the door on the other side. It leads to a dining room. Sitting at the table are a female green-eyed elf with blonde hair wearing a low-cut dress that covers her back and arms, a male red-skinned tiefling with stubby horns, black hair and a pointed goatee wearing black, a female silver-haired aasimar with gold eyes wearing a long fur coat, a bald, dark-skinned man wearing a toga, a brown-haired and eyed man wearing chainmail and a gnome whose clothing is best left undescribed. Look in Trog's.

"Yes, that would be a good idea. What is it like to serve Angela?" Elezibethele is somewhat glad that Din didn't realise that Elezibethele tried to become a priestess of Lolth when she was eighty. And again every year.

iElf
2010-12-29, 06:04 PM

"Yes, that would be a good idea. What is it like to serve Angela?" Elezibethele is somewhat glad that Din didn't realise that Elezibethele tried to become a priestess of Lolth when she was eighty. And again every year.

Din smiles, and blushes a little "...it's...more than pleasant. now and again, anglea will need a ...companion for the night. it's an experience like no other"

Gullara
2010-12-29, 06:05 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech- Dining Room]

Samantha will sit beside Gertrude. She looks down at the table, her shyness kicking in again. She says quietly, "Hello."

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 06:16 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Dining Room

The aasimar will turn to look at Samantha. "Hello. My name is Azurelle D'Langley. Given that I don't recognise you, you are Samantha, then?" Of course everyone else knows! They keep in telepathic communication. Although I don't know how an incorporeal Orb of Brotherhood would work.

"You mean Angela manifests upon this plane?" Elezibethele sounds somewhat surprised. She's used to deities that stay remote from their worshippers; how are you supposed to believe in something you know exists?

iElf
2010-12-29, 06:19 PM

"You mean Angela manifests upon this plane?" Elezibethele sounds somewhat surprised. She's used to deities that stay remote from their worshippers; how are you supposed to believe in something you know exists?

Din smiles, and nods "she is a physical goddess. she has the form of a young woman with fox ears."

Gullara
2010-12-29, 06:24 PM

"Oh, yeah I am." She's surprised that anybody would know her name.

Being a magical link, I would say it would be unaffected.

((Posting will likely slow to a crawl in 5 minutes Ack, Deadtime, sorry.))

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 06:33 PM

"We're people. People talk. And how are you finding your tuition? Enjoyable, I hope?" Azurelle is really good at reading people. And she has an interesting backstory to explain why somebody descended from an angel joined the cult of a demon.

"Dalachrech is a physical god, too, but He chooses to live elsewhere. I know he is real for I have seen him." But not in the chitin, as it were. Just in a vision.

iElf
2010-12-29, 06:36 PM

"Dalachrech is a physical god, too, but He chooses to live elsewhere. I know he is real for I have seen him." But not in the chitin, as it were. Just in a vision.

Din sighs a little "...I miss home...I can't wait to get back to HALO"

Earl of Purple
2010-12-29, 06:52 PM

"What's it like down there? Must be odd, living at the bottom of the sea?" Elezibethele sounds curious, and this emotion is genuinely genuine.

Now, though, I must Deadtime.

iElf
2010-12-29, 06:58 PM

"What's it like down there? Must be odd, living at the bottom of the sea?" Elezibethele sounds curious, and this emotion is genuinely genuine.

"it's a lot safer than in inside...and all my friends live there, as does Angela. we never have to go hungry, and we have everything we need"

TruorTupnm
2010-12-29, 08:28 PM
[A Random Street That Is Conveniently Located To All]

A brightly decorated wagon is being driven down the street. On the sides are painted, "Trahald's Itinerant Apothecary And Toyshop" in large and flowy letters. There's a tall and prematurely balding human with a fancy sword driving the thing, and a large raven-looking dude perched on the top.

The wagon moves along slowly, regularly stopping to allow a slight and silly-looking guy to call out things in a surprisingly good stage voice, "Come one, come all, to Trahald's Itinerant Apothecary And Toyshop! Swollen foot, stubborn barwench, simple boredom? We sell the cure-all at unbelievable prices!" is one example. He also juggles knives, breathes fire, and performs various magic tricks.

((The wagon will be moving around Inside and Outside. Hopefully, I can have it just arrive at opportune moments?))

Gullara
2010-12-29, 09:03 PM

"We're people. People talk. And how are you finding your tuition? Enjoyable, I hope?" Azurelle is really good at reading people. And she has an interesting backstory to explain why somebody descended from an angel joined the cult of a demon.

Samantha smiles. "It's interesting. It's almost like I'm relearning it."

Just got an idea for how she gains knowledge from making an object incorporeal. It doesn't immediately get revealed to her. Instead it will be sealed in her mind, like a forgotten memory. Then when she hears of it or learns it, it will be like recalling the memory.

iElf
2010-12-29, 09:32 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

Din is still sitting in lauretta's room, with the deadtimed Elezibethele

happyturtle
2010-12-29, 09:56 PM
Temple

Lauretta's player is drawing a blank here, not really having much practical brainwashing experience.

iElf
2010-12-29, 09:58 PM
Temple

Lauretta's player is drawing a blank here, not really having much practical brainwashing experience.

she could mainly try to make Din feel bad about herself, and tell her that being whatever she wants Din to be will make her a better person :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 10:01 PM
[Streets]

Zel opens her eyes and turns her head to face Dani. Her eyes are still catlike, but at least they're their normal color.

She seems kind of depressed right now.

And she sees what damage is done to Dani.

Dani...! Oh...I'm so...sorry...

"Shhh, it's OK, you weren't yourself!" Dani says, having forgotten about her own injuries until now. And quickly praying for a Cure Light Wounds on herself. "It's OK, Zel. I'm fine. And you will be too!"

---

[Needle and Thread]

No reason to make a Nexus born person feel out of place at least. She was indeed likely more 'normal' than some of the other things that inhabited the Nexus but that was neither here nor there.

"Yes, I was thinking something built for movement while still managing a casual feel. I've been saving up for a while and I think I'd like something a professional adventurer would wear." the metallic blue elven person said with a slightly excited gleam in her eye.

Ah yes, young adventurers were always full of energy. Especially when coming from a place where the base economy was based on scavenging the countless ruins that hid in the countrysides. That is, when it wasn't based around the trading of alchoholic beverages.

Jamie can't help but giggle a little at the young elf's enthuiasm. "Oooh, your first Adventurer's Outfit? I think we can handle that, for sure! Is there any specific material or details you'd like?" the young redhead asks, smiling happily. "I can see about customising things, too, if you want."

TruorTupnm
2010-12-29, 10:14 PM
[The Same Street]

She might notice the wagon from just a few posts up driving by. They certainly would have noticed them, but they aren't in the apothecary business to make people feel better.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 11:19 PM
[Streets]"Shhh, it's OK, you weren't yourself!" Dani says, having forgotten about her own injuries until now. And quickly praying for a Cure Light Wounds on herself. "It's OK, Zel. I'm fine. And you will be too!"

Zel will lean forward, to rest her forehead on Dani's shoulder.

I...don't know...what's happening...I'm scared...

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 11:23 PM
[Streets]

:smallfrown:

And Dani turns a little to try and wrap her arms around Zel's shoulders and hug her tight.
"I'm here now. I'm not going away either. I don't know what it is either, but I promise, I'll do everything I can to fix this," she whispers, then starts softly humming a soothing tune.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 11:26 PM
[Streets]

Zel stays like that for a little while, not saying anything.

I can...still hear it...It wants me...to eat you...

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 11:39 PM
[Streets]

"You're stronger than it is," Dani whispers - and despite whispering, her voice holds conviction. "You're a strong, powerful woman, Zel, that demon critter doesn't have a chance against you!"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-29, 11:41 PM
[Streets]

No... She shakes her head a little, which probably shakes Dani a little, too. It's been...in me too long...keeps growing...getting stronger...gonna take over...

The Bushranger
2010-12-29, 11:58 PM
[Streets]

Dani holds tight despite shaking.
"Don't say that. It's not gonna take over, and you can beat it, and we're gonna get it out of you. I swear it."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-30, 12:03 AM
[Streets]

I don't know...I don't know...

After a little while, she'll raises her head again. Her eyes are a little red.

I think...I'm good to...stand now...

And she tries. And succeeds!

The Bushranger
2010-12-30, 12:07 AM
Dani looks worried at the red eyes. Unless they were normal for her? BR forgets.

Anyway, she helps Zel stand, then stands, herself.

"I believe in you, Zel," she says quietly.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-30, 12:12 AM
[Streets]

Actually, the red eyes were from silent crying.

Zel blinks a couple of times, then goes to pull Dani in a hug.

Dani may get slightly squished, as Zel's stronger than normal right now.

The Bushranger
2010-12-30, 12:21 AM
Ahhh. Awwwwwww...

Dani is hugged! And doesn't mind being squished at all. As she hugs Zel back just as tightly as she can.

...she almost asks if she'll be OK, then desides to just hug more, instead.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-30, 12:28 AM
[Streets]

Eventually, Zel lets Dani go. Thanks...

Then she notices the height difference. Well, at least that it's more then usual.

She looks at her hands, and gasps. Then down at herself. Then over her shoulder, seeing her tail.

What the hell...happened to me...?

The Bushranger
2010-12-30, 12:30 AM
[Streets]

"You're welcome..."

Then Realisation of Changed Appearance occurs.

"Umm...I guess your form kinda, um, changed a bit?" she says, sheepishly.

Suddenly, Dani's eyes look like a light bulb went off over her head.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-30, 12:33 AM
[Streets]

She grabs her tail and pinches. Then yelps a little and lets go.

It's like...my two forms...have mixed...

The Bushranger
2010-12-30, 12:37 AM
[Streets]

"Maybe you've got it controlled somehow that way?" Dani asks, hopefully. "And...well, I know somebody who works on, um, genetics and forms and all that, but she's kinda a mad-scientist druid-goddess..."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-30, 12:45 AM
[Streets]

Maybe...

If she...can help...I'm...all for it...

Terumitsu
2010-12-30, 12:47 AM
[Needle and Thread]

"Yeah. 'S been kind of a dream of mine, actually. I've finally saved up enough to get into the gritty bits of equipment but I have to start somewhere... I'm probably gonna need something with pockets. But not too many. Maybe I could get one of those belts with all the pouches? And something that would go with my eyes... Although 'Close Enough' works there as they're a little hard to match to.. And just something that flows well. I don't really need anything that's exceptionally defensively based, though. I have that part covered..." the copper eyed elf said.

"Well.. Maybe a few defensive runes sown in here or there would be fine.."

The Bushranger
2010-12-30, 12:47 AM
[Streets]

Dani nods. "I'll have to talk to her first though. Right now let's get you to HALO, alright? You'll be safe there and people can help! Boudica lives there anyway..."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-30, 12:56 AM
[Streets]

Zel slowly nods. Yeah...Sounds good...

The Bushranger
2010-12-30, 12:58 AM
[Streets]

"Alright. C'mon, it's this way."
Dani smiles, and goes to put an arm around Zel and lead her off!

---

[Needle and Thread]
Jamie, meanwhile, has pulled out a notepad and is frantically scribbling away as the elf talks.
"Well, following your dreams is important. You'll be careful though, right? Adventuring can be dangerous! At least that's what dad always says when he tells me I can't do any." She huffs. "Defensive runes...got it...I think those can get pricey in a hurry though..."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-30, 01:02 AM
[Streets]

And Zel is led off! Yay!

Terumitsu
2010-12-30, 01:16 AM
[Needle and Thread]

"I know it's dangerous but I'm thinking I can do better with my talents than just be a glorified cooking knife." the elf said. "Though.. I think your father just want's to keep you safe. He's probably just looking out for you there."

Upon hearing that the runes might be costly, she made a bit of a face. "Well, what kinds of protection do you have? I think I would be better off with a specialized set rather than a general selection. I'm pretty set on physical defense as I said." she said in a tone that was more just a statement of fact than anything. If it weren't it might almost come off as a boast.

The Bushranger
2010-12-30, 01:27 AM
[Needle and Thread]

"Maybe." Jamie makes a bit of a face. "Well, we can enchant it with any number of runes of protection. Poison, knives, arrows, magic..." She lists off the various forms of Protection From enchantments availale!

Terumitsu
2010-12-30, 02:16 AM
[Needle and Thread]

"Something to ward off spells would be my best bet... At least, some resistance to it would be good as that might be the only thing I can afford right now." the cobolt elf said as she ran her hand through a mess of hair that looked almost like a cascade of thin aluminum wires. It did sound faintly of metal against metal though so that might not be too far from the truth.

"So what's the damage for that? A self mending set of clothes with pockets and some magic resistance?" she asked, fidgeting with what remained of her pockets to find where exactly she had put her coin-purse. Hopefully it had survived the incident that she had recently put it through.

The Bushranger
2010-12-30, 02:19 AM
[Needle and Thread]

"OK, protection from magic then..."
More scribbling from Jamie, scribble scribble scribble...

Then she quotes the price! Which is...remarkably reasonable, actually.
"I think we can do it on payment too, as well as cash-on-delivery or pre-payment..."

Terumitsu
2010-12-30, 02:30 AM
[Needle and Thread]

Finally fishing out a slightly torn looking purse (looking more sliced and cut than torn, really), the elf began poking through it and counting coins under her breath. The reasonable price was surprising, more than she intended to spend in the first place but it was still within her budget. "So what can I expect to have cover against? Is it more of a dampening screen or does it have a cutoff point of potency?" she asked as she began putting coins on the counter. She thought it would be a good idea to know which it was so she could act accordingly. While both were good, she hoped it was the former as it simply had greater longevity in her chosen career. The longer she could use something, the better and all.

That and she hoped it was something green. Green was a good color.

The Bushranger
2010-12-30, 02:32 AM
[Needle and Thread]

If she specified green, she gets green!

"Well, if I understand it right, it will dampen spells up to a certain strength, or a certain number of spells at a time of a lower strength, and might weaken spells that are stronger than it can handle before they break through," Jamie explains with a smile. "And it'll be ready in two days."

Terumitsu
2010-12-30, 02:43 AM
[Needle and Thread]

Two days? That was faster than she would have expected. But that was a good thing. She had it paid up already at least, if the pile of gold on the counter was of any testament to anything. "That would be great! ...Might I be able to shop around for a few sets of mundane clothes that I could wear right now? I'm... A little lacking in those at the moment." she said, punctuating her words with a slightly depressed sigh. Special talents and abilities were all fine and dandy but hers was a little costly when she wasn't mindful of things.

Really, when one is facing off against an evil psionic sandwich, one thinks about how to cut it to bits first before one thinks about keeping their clothes clean. Or all in one piece... Keeping one's mind in the proper body is a bit more important and all.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-30, 07:20 AM
Temple

she could mainly try to make Din feel bad about herself, and tell her that being whatever she wants Din to be will make her a better person :smallbiggrin:

Subject Din to her worst fear, and have her wish it upon Angela/Carrie/Someone! :smallbiggrin:
Well it worked in Nineteen Eighty-Four...

Alleyway Behind the Temple

The healers stop about three quarters of the way down the alleyway and appear to walk through a door. One glances behind towards Kal, but seems to not see him. Maybe Kal puts his hands behind him so the glow of the gauntlets is shielded by his body? Oddly, there seem to be no other doors in the alleyway. Should Kal try to follow, there's no door where the robed healers appeared to enter; merely a large poster advertising an insecticide.

Elp Meton Row, Null Zone

The group of clerics walk to one of the houses about three quarters of the way down the terrace, and knock on the door. It is opened by a seventeen-year-old catgirl who nods and lets them in.

Damn. Kal searches around the area, tapping lightly on the 'wall' as well as searching for any irregularities in the brickwork (cracks or defects repeating, the brickwork appearing too perfect etc.) that would indicate an illusion or other magical trickery. If he finds nothing, he'll go back to the main road to meet up with Decker.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-30, 10:33 AM
[Appartment Complex, Plawt]

Plum looks closely at the thing growing out of the back of the man's neck. For a few minutes, she doesn't speak. It appears she is assesing the situationa nd determining the best course of action.

After a moment, she decides the best course of action is to scream.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The scream was probably heard all the way downstairs.

iElf
2010-12-30, 12:50 PM
Temple of dalachrech

Din is sitting in Lauretta's room

Moff Chumley
2010-12-30, 01:58 PM
[Self-roleplay... EVIL self roleplay!]

Frank is Up To No Good. He wanders about Inside for hours and hours, looking for likely stores, questioning NPCs. First, he finds a jewler, and pawns off the rather expensive jeweley he stole in preperation for his migration to Nexus. Next, he rents a run down, sleazy appartment, and begins filling it with the tools of his trade: a large granite slab, a well-stocked workbench and power supply, chalk, black dribbly candles, and the fastest computer he can get his hands on. Lasers, mirrors, prisms, all of the tools of a Computational Demonologist.

He emerges from the appartment a day later, everything set up. It's early in the morning, but there are a few pedestrians going about their business. The first NPC he finds on the street, an older guy, gets a pistol stuck in the small of the back. He's quickly and calmly dragged back to Frank's appartment, and beat unconscious. He wipes the blood off his hand, goes back outside, and abducts another NPC, this one a good deal younger. He's also abducted back to the appartment, but Frank doesn't bother knocking him out.

There's a deafening crack, a scream, and then another crack.

The two bodies are carefully wired into the circuit Frank contructed. He wires himself in on the other end, two electrodes glued to his temples. What the circuit does, is it distills the knowledge of the two formerly alive brains: finds the difference between what they know. In essence, it removes any personal information, things that only one person knows and the other doesn't. What they both know, however, Frank knows.

It takes about an hour. A minor Lovecraftian horror is summoned to get rid of the bodies.

McBish
2010-12-30, 04:12 PM
[Streets around the Den]

Angie leaves the Den with her pouch of fresh Luhix and quickly finds a nice secluded alley to use it. Rolling up her sleeves she makes some shallow gashes with her knife and then sprinkles the powder onto the wounds. She shivers and sits down on the ground leaning up against a building.

[By the Docks]

Jack Dodge wanders out of a shady looking establishment his wounds patched up and looking for a way to go out and make some money. So he keeps his eyes open for any rich looking people with their pockets full of coins for him.

happyturtle
2010-12-30, 05:51 PM
Temple of dalachrech

Din is sitting in Lauretta's room

Lauretta brings Din a meal, drugged with more of the suggestibility stuff, as well as a sedative. After Din eats, she should fall unconscious. :smallamused:

((Evil plan is go! :smallbiggrin:)

Earl of Purple
2010-12-30, 06:23 PM
Alley Behind the Temple

It sounds different behind the poster than next to it. There are no obvious irregularities in the brickwork, nor any hint that an illusion or other magical contrivance is in place.

"That's good, well done. It can be hard, learning new languages." Azurelle seems genuinely pleased. Then, however, Madame de la Moy interrupts.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce you. Well, the elf is Elezibethele, the human next to the gnome is Jorje Hargonnen, the gnome is Destur Spritesson, the tiefling is Defelent a'Dam, and the last man is Surgan. Elezibethele and Defelent are Terrowin's lieutenents. Azurelle introduced herself." She seems slightly embarrassed at her forgetfulness.

Gullara
2010-12-30, 06:28 PM

"Nice to meet you all." Samantha says. She has a small smile on her face.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-30, 06:37 PM

They all greet her in return! Yay, for many people saying the same thing at once so nobody is heard individually and therefore speech colours are useless. Serving the meal is the human girl that took Samantha up to meet Terrowin. The girl will place a plate of couscous and fish in front of Samantha, obviously unaware of Samantha's inability to eat.

Gullara
2010-12-30, 06:41 PM

Samantha looks down at the food, "Oh, I don't eat." she says to the girl. She can't even hand it back. It's hard being incorporeal.

iElf
2010-12-30, 06:45 PM
Lauretta brings Din a meal, drugged with more of the suggestibility stuff, as well as a sedative. After Din eats, she should fall unconscious. :smallamused:

((Evil plan is go! :smallbiggrin:)

Din,after thanking lauretta for the meal ,will fall unconscious as she eats the last bite!:smallbiggrin:

Earl of Purple
2010-12-30, 06:48 PM

The nineteen-year-old with black hair and green eyes nods and picks the plate up, putting it instead in front of Surgan, who proceeds to eat it greedily.

((Deadtime))

Gullara
2010-12-30, 07:04 PM

Samantha watches as the others eat. She doesn't say much, she's still shy even if she is getting more comfortable. She does look content though.

happyturtle
2010-12-30, 07:08 PM
Temple - Back room

Lauretta gets some help to have Din carried to a back room where her outer clothing is removed and she's bound and placed in a coffin like structure. A higher level priest casts a spell on Din to strengthen her heart and make sure she keeps breathing during what follows. The lid is closed and sealed. And then Lauretta reaches out with her mind and calls to the invertebrates.

The begin crawling out of the walls and make their way over to the coffin, climbing inside through tiny crevices designed for the purpose. They don't bite or sting, but soon Din's entire body is covered with them.

iElf
2010-12-30, 07:14 PM
Temple - Back room

Lauretta gets some help to have Din carried to a back room where her outer clothing is removed and she's bound and placed in a coffin like structure. A higher level priest casts a spell on Din to strengthen her heart and make sure she keeps breathing during what follows. The lid is closed and sealed. And then Lauretta reaches out with her mind and calls to the invertebrates.

The begin crawling out of the walls and make their way over to the coffin, climbing inside through tiny crevices designed for the purpose. They don't bite or sting, but soon Din's entire body is covered with them.

depending how strong the sedative is Din will wake up sooner or later..and begin to scream

happyturtle
2010-12-30, 07:16 PM
Temple back room

No one responds to the screaming. Fortunately, the centipedes and scorpions and such are being kept calm by Lauretta's mind. Din can scream as long as she wants. Nothing will change. :smallamused:

iElf
2010-12-30, 07:22 PM
Temple back room

No one responds to the screaming. Fortunately, the centipedes and scorpions and such are being kept calm by Lauretta's mind. Din can scream as long as she wants. Nothing will change. :smallamused:

Din sill start sobbing, screaming her head off, and try to get herself loose. she will even try to use magic to get her out

FireFox
2010-12-30, 07:27 PM
Temple - Back room

A mere formality: I presume the Temple is completely blocked off from other divine eyes, yes? If so, then Angela has no way of knowing what's happening to her priestess.

happyturtle
2010-12-30, 07:29 PM
Temple - back room

What magic is she attempting? Remember, her hands are bound, chained to her sides. There is, at least, a dimension lock on the coffin, so no teleportation.

@FF: I'll have to let Earl answer that question, tomorrow.

iElf
2010-12-30, 07:30 PM
hmm...not much she can do then. she at least tries to keep the bugs away then

happyturtle
2010-12-30, 07:41 PM
Temple - Back room

I wonder how many hours we have to leave her here, before her mind breaks? Or maybe it's only a few minutes, and it just seems like hours. Sensory deprivation can be fun that way. Does she ever stop screaming?

iElf
2010-12-30, 07:48 PM
Temple - Back room

I wonder how many hours we have to leave her here, before her mind breaks? Or maybe it's only a few minutes, and it just seems like hours. Sensory deprivation can be fun that way. Does she ever stop screaming?

after a few hours the screeming stops...

Gullara
2010-12-30, 08:54 PM
[Streets]

Sarget, the cherry blossom ent, is walking to The Dancing Fox Inn with Sakura and Cessie in his branches.

[Outside Trog's]

"I... I'm sorry, let's try to speak of something more pleasant, yes? Neither the dryads or the nymphs were harmed and the worm is gone now. We managed to destroy it. I live on the tree myself at times now in fact. It's like a gigantic ent itself. A bit like you Sarget." Cessie says in a attempt to lighten the mood.

"Where are you sleeping tonight anyway?"

Sarget rumbles again. This time in a better mood. He has many rumbles.

Sakura gives Cessie a small smile. "I'd like to see this tree someday. It sounds nice."

"Sleeping tonight? Wherever Sarget is, probably in his branches. Sarget usually walks when I sleep. He doesn't sleep very often himself."

Shadowcaller
2010-12-30, 09:04 PM
[Streets]

"It is very nice. I enjoy spending time there when I'm not at home in the empire." Cessie says, smiling a bit.

"And... he still walks when you sleep? It sounds very hard to sleep like that." It sounds like she is pondering something.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-30, 09:06 PM
[Streets-Red Zone]

Magnio is strolling down the streets, keeping to the shadows and trying to avoid as many people as possible.

Gullara
2010-12-30, 09:08 PM
[Streets]

Sakura shrugs. "I've never had any trouble. Although I have slept in his branches since I was born." she says. She notices the pondering, "Something up?"

happyturtle
2010-12-30, 09:11 PM
Temple Back room

after a few hours the screeming stops...

Sometime after that, Din will hear a voice (not Lauretta's) speaking in Abyssal. It doesn't seem to have an origin - it just comes out of the darkness. Or perhaps out of the light (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_cinema).

Shadowcaller
2010-12-30, 09:14 PM
[Streets]

"Oh, I was just considering sleeping here... just to try it on." The young magician replies. "I have generally avoided anything that have to do with my ancestry for a long time now." She pauses. "Mostly since I have been ashamed for it." She admits with some hesitation. "Which I admit is pretty stupid." Cessie sigh.

Gullara
2010-12-30, 09:19 PM
[Streets]

Sakira tries to rest her hand on Cessie's shoulder. "It's alright, I'm not going to hold it against you. And I'm sure Sarget won't either." Sarget rumbles in agreement.

"So you want to try sleeping on a branch?" She giggles. It seems she's had others have similar ideas. "Well you're welcome to try. You might not want Sarget to be moving though."

Shadowcaller
2010-12-30, 09:30 PM
[Streets]

Cessie let's her. "Uh, yeah. I figured I'll try, not that I think it will work very well, but it's only one night right?" She looks at Sarget. "Unless it's too much trouble staying still so long? I was thinking perhaps a bit more private spot then in the middle of a city."

Gullara
2010-12-30, 09:35 PM
[Streets -> Outside]

"Iiiiii could stand still...

fooor weeks." Sarget says. He changes direction, heading toward the edge of the city.

"This is going to be fun." Sakura looks down right giddy. I don't know what about sore backs are fun though.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-30, 09:37 PM
[Temple Alleyway]

Hmm... no obvious means of entry... He'll go see if Decker had any luck.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-30, 09:38 PM
[Streets-Red Zone]

Magnio is strolling down the streets, keeping to the shadows and trying to avoid as many people as possible.

He'll hear a voice behind him mutter "yah, you'll do...". And then he'll feel a prodding in the small of his back, and a body close behind his own. A voice whispers in his ear. "This is a gun. If you move, you'll die and you won't come back. I'll see to it. Okay. No movements, no sound. Do exactly what I say, and it'll all work out, got it?"

happyturtle
2010-12-30, 09:39 PM
Elp Meton Row, Null Zone

Decker tells Kal what she saw. :smallsmile:

Shadowcaller
2010-12-30, 09:44 PM
[Streets -> Outside]

Cessie looks down right nervous on the other hand, wondering what she just threw herself into. "Thank you Sarget." She says with a short nod and then turns her attention to Sakura again, still looking nervous. "So... eh, how do you sleep when your up here then?"

Gullara
2010-12-30, 09:48 PM
[Streets -> Outside]

"Well, something like this." She jumps to the next limb over and sprawls out on it. One leg hangs off the branch and her arms rest on her stomach. Of course this leaves her entirely indecent again. "Except usually higher up." She points to some much thinner branches.

((Next post in Outside))

Rae Artemi
2010-12-30, 09:51 PM
[Streets-Outside Trog's]

So, umm, I guess Crae and Nite exited the tavern... about eleven hours ago. Huh. Anyways...

As soon as they exited, Crae will have made the sheet they were on lift into the air, above most of the buildings, and started flying out of the city.

Last Chance To Tell Me Where To Go.

Gullara
2010-12-30, 09:54 PM
[Streets-Outside Trog's]

((I've plotcloned Nite way too many times.:smalltongue:))

"To the new Lantern base." He says. He'll be merging with another plotclone headed there.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-30, 09:58 PM
[Air Above Inside]

Alrighty Then.

He says, and they speed off toward the base, they should be there in no time.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-30, 10:05 PM
[Elp Meton Row, Null Zone]

And thus the fun begins...
Molotov cocktail in hand (what? where did he get one of those?), Kal goes up to the front door and knocks, deadly bottle weapon hidden behind his back.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-30, 10:13 PM
[Streets-Red Zone]

Wallet- Back pockett, d- don't wanna die! Magnio stutters, trembling.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-30, 10:25 PM
"Shut up. I'm putting my gun away now, but rest assured, if you try anything, you're done." The gun is removed from Magnio's back, and Frank steps back. "Don't turn around, follow my instructions. We're going on a walk. Two blocks forwards, then turn left, one more block. Got it? Go. NOW."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-30, 10:49 PM
Magnio goes. In both senses, he's really frightened.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-30, 10:55 PM
They'll arive at Frank's appartment. "Right. You're almost there. Walk into the room, lie down on the granite slab." It's pretty dark, but clinically clean. When you command a demon to clean up, it does what it's told. There's a large slab in the middle of the room, with an industrial electric power supply next to it, an expensive looking soldering iron, and a box of parts. If Magnio does what he's told, The Moff'll pull out his iPhone, load up an app, and activate the ward he had on the slab, rendering Magnio completely paralyzed.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-30, 11:00 PM
Pleasedon'ttakemyliverIneeditIhaveadrinkingproblee mI'lldiewithouttwoliversohgodswhycouldn'tyouhaveki dnappedsomebodyelse. Magnio blathers, following the instructions.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-30, 11:15 PM
The ward should also shut him up, hopefully. :smalltongue:

Frank walks around the slab, and Magnio will be able to see him for the first time. He's a it underwhelming, honestly: a little overweight, unshaven, and are those acne scars? He still has a gun, though. "Alright, listen. What I'm going to do is called a Geas. You know what that is? I'm going to summon an entity, a demon, if you will, and it's gonna ride shotgun in your mind. Your Cartesian Theater. It's not gonna do much; you won't even know it's there. It'll just, you know, take over for you when you're about to make a mistake. Now, I'm not going to pretend this won't hurt. It'll hurt like a mother****er. But you'll live."

Frank puts down his gun, and pulls out a knife. It's not particularly fancy; no jewel in the pommel, or ancient runes on the blade. Frank cuts a patch out of the make of Magnio's shirt, exposing his skin. Pulls out a scalpel, and props up a circuit diagram. He hums a bit, carving the complicated pattern into Magnio's flesh. "And... there. Alright, that was the easy part. This'll sting a bit, I'm afraid." He reaches for the soldering iron, and his components.

It's a very good thing the ward keeps Magnio from screaming.

It must seem like hours, but it only takes about fifteen minutes to wire up the summoning grid. Frank holds his breath, flicks the switch on the power supply.

A presence, an alien, vastly intelligent entity, is attempting to gain access to Magnio's mind. Will it succeed?

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-30, 11:20 PM
I'm just going to say go ahead and godmod Magnio for stuff like this. He has the physical strength of a fly, the mental capacity of a especially stupid dinosaur and the ability to concentrate of butterfly on drugs. I'd say the demon gets in.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-30, 11:33 PM
Excellent. Sorry about hijacking your character, though. v.v

For the moment, the demon is in control. It's not constrained by the ward, at least not in the same way as Magnio. It can move, but it can't leave the ward. Not without Frank's okay. It has Magnio's voice, Magnio's mannerisms. It is Magnio, but with a different intelligence calling the shots. "What are the parameters of my summoning?" Frank smiles happily. It worked. "Nothing complicated. The host mind remains in control, unless he violates the terms of the Geas. Then you may step in." "And what are the terms?" Frank laughs. "For the moment? Not much. He may not act against me in any way. Use your best judgement about that; if anything happens to me, you won't be released, so it's in your best interest. He'll follow my orders; you can guide him in that respect. Be subtle. Faliure to do so, of course, will result in the both of you being punished." "Of course." "We're on the same page, then. Oh, of course, he's not to remember any of this. Keep him unaware that he's been hijacked. Let's see, short term goal... I need a better workspace. Have him find me a nice, isolated warehouse or something like that. There will be further orders." "Understood."

Frank taps a few buttons on his iPhone, and Magnio will fall unconscious. He'll wake up a few hours later with his shirt intact, and nothing but a tingling on in his back. The appartment is empty, and he should have no memory of what happened. ((Do you want to roleplay Magnio's demon keeper, or shall I?))

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-30, 11:39 PM
(I'll roleplay him, largely because it would be a nightmare always keeping track of Magnio, especially seeing as I tend to post a lot, constantly, and without rest.)

Magnio rubs his eyes, tries to figure out what happened to him, and then, suddenly, he has a horrible thought. He quickly pulls his shirt off and checks for scars. He must have been mugged and his liver stolen.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-30, 11:41 PM
His liver is 100 per cent intact, but he has electronic bits soldered into his flesh. Which might be a little freaky, but the demon is doing its best to keep him from concentrating on it. :smallamused:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-31, 12:11 AM
A little..... Okay, massively freaked out, Magnio heads out of the apartment, one thoufht burning in his head. He needs to find a big, isolated space, something suitable for a workshop.... Wait, why did he want that again.... Oh, yeah, to practice his tricks, yeah, that must be it... Must be it....

McBish
2010-12-31, 12:59 AM
[Red Zone]

Angie wanders the streets of the slums her body numb due to the Luhix but feeling great letting her mind flow through the slums riding on the feelings of the people all around her.

Fan
2010-12-31, 06:30 AM
[Yellow Zone]

Cool Kid swoops in, too tiny to trigger radar, and nowhere near threatening in anyway towards any of Insides greater activities or citizens in anyway. Ever.

Never the less, he rounds the corner and smiles when he sees bustling activity, and people carrying in row after row of speakers. Massive towers of the highest quality speakers money could buy.

Said speakers were being assembled against the wall, stacked on top of each other and networked into a single massive machine which was almost nothing but connection points and three massive power cables as thick around as a man's arm.

Everything was almost in place, he just needed to secure talent... and where could he find someone to play live up in inside?

So many confusing things to do. Ah well. Only one way to find out.

Cool Kid handed the work boss the workers checks, printed with Cool Kid's face on them, and tied together with a rubber band bearing a similar emblem. He then turned and launched back off into the sky, looking around to find the blue district.. and from there. Some proper local talent to represent Inside, and draw in some more party goers.

iElf
2010-12-31, 09:15 AM
Temple Back room

Sometime after that, Din will hear a voice (not Lauretta's) speaking in Abyssal. It doesn't seem to have an origin - it just comes out of the darkness. Or perhaps out of the light (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_cinema).

Din doesn't really notice it at first, but then looks up...she listens to the words, clinging on to them, the only thing she can hear at the moment...and it helps drown out the creepy crawlies

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 09:47 AM
Temple of Dalachrech - Back room

((Heh.. it just occurred to me that this 'torture' is a spiritual ritual in the Dalachrian church, to help the priests and devotiates commune with their Lord. Sort of like fasting or meditation in RL religion.))

Gradually, Din may find that she is understanding the words, thanks to a Tongues spell cast on her and channelled through the centipedes.

"... Dalachrech... devoured... faith... perish..." For a time, she can only make out snatches of words, here or there. But after a while, she can understand the full speech.

"Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that you hold faith in Lord Dalachrech. With this faith, the invertebrates of the earth will keep you whole and undefiled. Without it, you shall perish everlastingly, forever devoured by the worms and arthropods of the earth.

The True Faith is this: That we worship our Lord Dalachrech. That we obey his commands. And that we reverence the invertebrates without whom no life could exist.

In the Sacrament of Burial, you have descended into the earth like one dead. Only the Chosen of Dalachrech will emerge. Only by professing the True Faith will he show mercy and dampen the hunger of his servants, who desire above all to devour your flesh..."

This goes on and on in like style, with the intonation and rhythm and repetitions of a religious ritual. At the same time, the air that Din breathes contains incense that bears more of the suggestibility drug in it.

iElf
2010-12-31, 10:06 AM
Temple of Dalachrech - Back room

((Heh.. it just occurred to me that this 'torture' is a spiritual ritual in the Dalachrian church, to help the priests and devotiates commune with their Lord. Sort of like fasting or meditation in RL religion.))

Gradually, Din may find that she is understanding the words, thanks to a Tongues spell cast on her and channelled through the centipedes.

"... Dalachrech... devoured... faith... perish..." For a time, she can only make out snatches of words, here or there. But after a while, she can understand the full speech.

"Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that you hold faith in Lord Dalachrech. With this faith, the invertebrates of the earth will keep you whole and undefiled. Without it, you shall perish everlastingly, forever devoured by the worms and arthropods of the earth.

The True Faith is this: That we worship our Lord Dalachrech. That we obey his commands. And that we reverence the invertebrates without whom no life could exist.

In the Sacrament of Burial, you have descended into the earth like one dead. Only the Chosen of Dalachrech will emerge. Only by professing the True Faith will he show mercy and dampen the hunger of his servants, who desire above all to devour your flesh..."

This goes on and on in like style, with the intonation and rhythm and repetitions of a religious ritual. At the same time, the air that Din breathes contains incense that bears more of the suggestibility drug in it.

Din cries "please....I'll do anything...anything you want..."

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 10:10 AM
Temple of Dalachrech

"Renounce the harlot and false god whom you served in your ignorance and pledge to serve Dalachrech with your whole heart and mind and soul and strength." the voice says.

((naptime now))

iElf
2010-12-31, 11:25 AM
Temple of Dalachrech

"Renounce the harlot and false god whom you served in your ignorance and pledge to serve Dalachrech with your whole heart and mind and soul and strength." the voice says.

((naptime now))

Din sobs some more "yes! please! what ever you want! I renounce angela...I...I pledge myself to Dalachrech!"

Rebonack
2010-12-31, 11:59 AM
[Apartment Complex]

Yes.

Yes, screaming is clearly the best possible course of action to take under these circumstances. There's no doubt that it'll attract whatever horrible thing cause all this trouble in the first place and put stop to the screaming!

Jerry rips the gross fungal thing off the back of some guy's neck, hurls it on the floor, and stomps on it several times. This results in icky squelching noises, bright orange goo, and a smell reminiscent of rotting vegetation and ammonia.

Eeww...

He then reaches out to take Plum by the hand and make a break for the door.

"We're getting out of here."

Haruki-kun
2010-12-31, 12:16 PM
[Appartment Complex]

Huh, so they are.

"NO! Wait! The customer! I need to see the... GAH!" And then she gets grabbed by the hand and pulled towards the door. In any other circumstance, this would not be the proper way to treat a lady.

Of course, this lady is resisting the urge to throw up from the smell.

Rebonack
2010-12-31, 12:49 PM
[Apartment Complex]

Probably isn't the best way to treat a lady, but it sure beats throwing up all over the floor doesn't it?

As soon as they're out of the room Jerry gags a bit. Or... more than a bit. Though he doesn't lose his lunch just yet. "There... There's something really bad going down here. We should get out but..."

He looks rather uncertain.

"Do you absolutely need to see mister Moose? Because I don't know if it's safe or not to try to get up to the fifth floor..."

It would be like one of those survival horror games!

You almost got turned into a Plum sandwich!

Haruki-kun
2010-12-31, 01:19 PM
[Appartment Complex]

Well, truthfully, she doesn't want to. But you don't know Which like she does. Which can't have her customers not satisfied. She'd go off on her about not doing her job and not keeping the balance of the world and-

"OK, fine, let's get out of here."

Ah, never mind then.

Rebonack
2010-12-31, 01:29 PM
[Apartment Complex]

Plum has made a wise choice!

Especially if she doesn't feel inclined to be turned into a fungal zombie.

Jerry makes a break for the stairs! Though as soon as he passes into that creepy area of flickery darkness on the first floor he suddenly cries out in pain and goes completely limp!

Stairs and limpness don't mix well.

Lots of tumbling follows.

I warned you about stairs, bro! I warned you dog!

The young man lands in a crumpled heap at the bottom.

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 03:13 PM
Temple Backroom

Din sobs some more "yes! please! what ever you want! I renounce angela...I...I pledge myself to Dalachrech!"

The centipedes and other critters start to slowly filter out, leaving Din alone in the darkness, and a Sleep spell is cast on her.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 03:27 PM
Grant is walking down the street.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-31, 03:27 PM
[Erin's Emporium]

Magnio the Magnificent, Master Magician, strolls into the store. I wish to buy a gun. Preferably something flashy.

Beans
2010-12-31, 03:28 PM
[Street]
Grant may hear footsteps behind him!

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 03:31 PM
Grant will turn to see who it is as he does he takes his new dagger from his belt.

Beans
2010-12-31, 03:33 PM
[Street]
It's Pesty!
Do you know where Din is?

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 03:36 PM
[Streets]

I'm pretty sure I know where. Din made enemies of the Dalachrech church. If she is there, they'll probably lie and say she isn't so I'm not sure what to do.

Beans
2010-12-31, 03:38 PM
Pesty frowns.
... So neither of us has a plan.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 03:41 PM
Well I think I know what to do... If we go in there acting like parents maybe we can get them to let it slip that they have something to do with this in the way of them saying something like, "I hope she does well." Or something like that.

Beans
2010-12-31, 03:43 PM
... Okay...
She nodnods nervously.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 03:47 PM
Grant will put the dagger back on his belt and then walk in the direction of the Dalachrech church.

Okay, don't even mention Din until they seem comfortable with us. Just act curious.

Beans
2010-12-31, 03:47 PM
[Streets]
Pesty nods, following.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 03:53 PM
[ Outside of the Dalachrech church]

Grant will knock on the door.

Hopefully someone is in here.

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 03:54 PM
((Has Grant ever been here before? The location of the temple is a closely guarded secret. Also, see the OOC thread.))

Beans
2010-12-31, 03:54 PM
((Apparently the location is a see-ca-ret, so... eh...))
Assuming they're walking around still, Pesty looks nervous and twitchy.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 03:56 PM
(Ugh, it'd be nice if they actually you know, said that in the location description in the first page. The phrase, "The location is secret," is four words.)

Well where are they?

Beans
2010-12-31, 03:58 PM
[Streets]
... I dunno.
Aw, crap...

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 04:00 PM
Where could they be?

Beans
2010-12-31, 04:07 PM
[Streets]
Uh... uh... th-there?
She points in a random direction.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 04:22 PM
[Streets]

I guess we can try going that way.

Beans
2010-12-31, 04:24 PM
[Streets]
Pesty follows, ears twitching.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 04:28 PM
[Streets]

Relax Pesty, everything will be okay.

FireFox
2010-12-31, 04:33 PM
[Streets]

A red fox darts out from some rubbage and stands in the middle of the road, looking at Grant and Pesty. Then it heads into an alley, looking back over its shoulder at the Planar and the Catgirl.

Beans
[Streets]
... Uh... okay...
She doesn't notice the fox, as she's trying to calm down.

DoomITP
Grant narrows his eyes. He offers his hand to Pesty and then starts to follow the fox.

FireFox
2010-12-31, 04:38 PM
The fox makes its way to the point where Din was mugged the other night. It runs around in a circle, sniffing the ground. When Grant and Pesty catch up, it starts to lead them to the secret location of the Cultists' Temple.

Beans
2010-12-31, 04:39 PM
[Streets]
Pesty follows, watching the fox intently.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 04:39 PM
Follow the Fox.

Grant says to Pesty as he continues walking.

FireFox
2010-12-31, 04:42 PM
The fox finally stops at the exact point where Din would have vanished from Angela's senses as she was dragged by the insects. This may be either right at the entrance of the Temple, or a few yards away from it.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 04:44 PM
Grant shall kneel down to get a better look at the fox.

Nice job. Can you tell what direction Din was going as she went through here?

Beans
2010-12-31, 04:47 PM
[Streets]
Pesty looks around at the buildings, wondering which one is The One...

FireFox
2010-12-31, 04:52 PM
The vixen sits down and looks in the general direction Din was being carried before she passed through whatever veil there is.

DoomITP
2010-12-31, 04:58 PM
Grant will attempt to pet the fox.

Tell whoever sent you that I said thanks.

Beans
2010-12-31, 05:03 PM
Pesty crouches down and smiles gratefully.
Thanks.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-31, 06:14 PM
[Streets]

[Grove]

"Okay." Sakura says cheerfully and climbs back on Sarget.

Sarget lowers a hand for Cessie to step onto. Once she does he will take them to Inside.

As Sarget lowers Cessie down on the streets of inside again, she looks up at Sakura and asks. "If I would like to talk to you again Sakura and Sarget, where could i find you?"

Gullara
2010-12-31, 06:25 PM
[Streets]

This plotclone really shouldn't know this but...

"You can probably find us at WATCHTOWER, which is [insert directions here]. I'll see you again soon." She waves.

"Gooooood bye...

Ceeessie."

iElf
2010-12-31, 06:26 PM
Temple Backroom

The centipedes and other critters start to slowly filter out, leaving Din alone in the darkness, and a Sleep spell is cast on her.

Din will sleep... for some time. maybe a day

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 06:28 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

Din has healing spells cast on her which should heal all the wounds from the mugging, and is carefully dressed and returned to bed in Lauretta's chamber. When she wakes, it will seem like it was a nightmare. Or a religious vision. :smallamused:

AmberVael
2010-12-31, 06:31 PM
[Government Complex]

The security around the complex will likely notice Grace as she approaches. She's making no effort to hide or intrude anywhere off-limits, and seems fairly cordial (if a bit uncertain as to where she is going).
If allowed, she approach a few of the officers and politely ask them where she should go (and who she should deal with) if she wants to negotiate about Lantern's status with the Empire.

Darkcomet
2010-12-31, 06:47 PM
[Govt Complex]

Grace is allowed to approach, and one of the ISF guards present happens to be the one to answer her question. "It was the Imperial Army that instituted that ban, so I think you need to get in contact with General Noir. There are holocomm rooms up in the towers. The higher-ups have never liked real face-to-face meetings. That sound sufficient to you?"

AmberVael
2010-12-31, 07:03 PM
"That will be fine, thank you."
Grace gives the guard her trademark smile, then heads to one of the holocomm rooms (following the guard to it if necessary).

Shadowcaller
2010-12-31, 07:07 PM
[Streets]

This plotclone really shouldn't know this but...

"You can probably find us at WATCHTOWER, which is [insert directions here]. I'll see you again soon." She waves.

"Gooooood bye...

Ceeessie."

"Bye Sakura and Sarget!" Cessie exclaims happily as she waves them off.

Then she goes around looking around the streets of inside a bit, perhaps buying a few souvenirs from the stands.

Darkcomet
2010-12-31, 07:31 PM
[Govt Complex]

"Right, then. I'm afraid you'll have to turn over any weapons you have on you before going inside." Ah, security.

AmberVael
2010-12-31, 07:55 PM
[Govt Complex]

"What, really? I thought I was meeting with a hologram?"
Grace asks, puzzled.
"I'm not carrying any weapons, I'm just confused about the need."

iElf
2010-12-31, 08:12 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

Din has healing spells cast on her which should heal all the wounds from the mugging, and is carefully dressed and returned to bed in Lauretta's chamber. When she wakes, it will seem like it was a nightmare. Or a religious vision. :smallamused:

Din wakes up in shock...and then realises that she's in bed "...where....?" she then remebers her "dream" and cringes a little "...i....i need to change..."

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 08:23 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"How are you feeling? You should be fully healed now. And there's some clothes on the nightstand that should fit you. Tamara went to the market to get you some." Lauretta says, her voice kind. The clothing, plain but good quality, in the color and style that Din usually wears, is folded nearby.

Darkcomet
2010-12-31, 08:23 PM
[Govt Complex]

"Rules are rules, miss, and there are plenty of people inside other than VIPs who someone might randomly decide they want to hurt. Might seem paranoid, but hey, we have organizations like AMEN around." The guard has a point.

iElf
2010-12-31, 08:32 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"How are you feeling? You should be fully healed now. And there's some clothes on the nightstand that should fit you. Tamara went to the market to get you some." Lauretta says, her voice kind. The clothing, plain but good quality, in the color and style that Din usually wears, is folded nearby.

Din nods "...Lauretta...thank you..." she smiles, and puts them on "I...had this dream...a nightmarish vision...and I think....maybe...I should stay here"

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 08:34 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"Oh? I think the drow lost your trail, but I can give you an escort to the HALO pods, if you like to make sure you're safe." Lauretta says.

iElf
2010-12-31, 08:36 PM
Din shakes her head "...thank you...but...I should really stay here...and maybe ...learn..."

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 08:40 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"I will talk to the High Priest. I am not certain how much of our teachings we can share with a Priestess of another faith, but the first principles of our doctrine we can certainly teach you." Lauretta says, with a friendly smile.

iElf
2010-12-31, 08:47 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"I will talk to the High Priest. I am not certain how much of our teachings we can share with a Priestess of another faith, but the first principles of our doctrine we can certainly teach you." Lauretta says, with a friendly smile.

Din nods "...in the dream...a thousand insects were surrounding me...and ready to eat me alive....and told me to renounce my service to Angela...."

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-31, 08:51 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech?]

Kal continues knocking, lit Molotov cocktail in hand to hand to the first person to answer the door... Eh. Screw it. Would have been funny, but no one's answering.
He attempts to throw it through one of the windows, making sure he and Decker won't be caught in the impending blast.
Pesty and Grant, if they're in the area, may find this looks rather suspicious.

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 08:52 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

Lauretta's eyes widen. "... and do you?"

iElf
2010-12-31, 08:54 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

Lauretta's eyes widen. "... and do you?"

DIn is silent for a minute, and closes her eyes ".......I do"

happyturtle
2010-12-31, 08:57 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

Lauretta looks very surprised, and then hugs Din. "You must have been Chosen of Dalachrech to have such a vision, Sister."

And then... stuff happening outside the Temple? Which will have to wait for Earl.

((Deadtime for me now.))

Moff Chumley
2010-12-31, 09:13 PM
[Red Zone Streets]

Frank is having a good day. Now that Mind Slave 1 is out looking for new digs, Frank's free to work on acquiring a source of income. It's a win/win: stick a gun in a hobo's kidney, drag him into an alley where you set up a summoning grid, stick a demon in his cartesian theater. Program him to become a productive, profitable member of society, who just so happens to mail his income to a PO Box Frank set up... society gets productive, if unimaginative workers, and Frank gets cash. No one loses. :smallsmile:

Shadowcaller
2010-12-31, 09:24 PM
[Red Zone Streets]

Cessie (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/cessie), having taken a wrong turn somewhere seems to have ended up in the only zone she really didn't want to see of Inside. The poor people... scare her with their to her quite outlandish culture.

She was born in high culture and preferred to stay there if possible.

She is dressed in a black very conservative travel dress made of wool with a high neck, leaving pretty much everything to the imagination.