PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Inside 27

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-31, 09:28 PM
Nope, no one loses at all. Except Magnio, who, due to difficulty in acquiring a gun, is about to attack a herd of hobos with nothing more than a lead pipe, all in order to get a new workshop for Frank. He clambers up the roof of the old warehouse, up to the skylight, ties a rope onto a handily located pipe and removes one shoe, inside which is several capsules of colored smoke for his big entrances. He hurls the shoe through the skylight and down into the warehouse, creating a smoke screen and blinding the hobos, sending them into panic. He leaps down through the hole in the roof, the rope stopping him just before hitting the broken glass. He swings towards the first hobo, knocking him out with a quick blow with the lead pipe and grabbing onto his unconscious body to steady himself as he unclips the rope, sending him tumbling to the earth. He rises to his feet, the smoke by now dispersed, and faces the three brutal beings arrayed against him. He roars defiance and charges. The hobos rush foward, broken bottles and rocks clutched in hand, and an epic battle of the kind that has never before been seen on the Nexus ensues. At the end, only Magnio remains standing, his feet planted atop his enemies unconscious forms, blood pouring from a fracture on his forehead, holding the only hobo still conscious in a headlock as he smacks him with a lead pipe. The hobo falls still, and he drops him before letting out a victorious battle cry.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-31, 09:30 PM
She might very well notice Frank, a young man in a clean white shirt and suit, lurking up behind a homeless NPC, a filthy 30ish man. He'll stick his pistol in the man's back, and whisper in his ear for a moment. The pistol is withdrawn and stowed back in a shoulder holster, and the man stumbles around the block. Frank follows, perhaps five feet behind.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-31, 09:42 PM
[Red Zone Streets]

Cessie looks in horror at the scene taken place in front of her eyes, this certainly wouldn't happen on the streets she used to go at.

She casts a magical shield around herself as she approaches the two men. Normally calling for the guards would be ideal here, but without any guards around and someone in danger...

"Excuse me... but I don't think you should continue this course of action." She starts, keeping her energy in the shield for an eventual attack. "Just... step back and perhaps you can explain what you are doing?" She tells Frank.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-31, 09:48 PM
Frank mutters at the NPC, "Stop. Now. Don't move." He turns around, and smiles hugely. "What I am doing, is none of your business. I don't know who you think you are, but it'd rather behoove you to shove off before something unfortunate happens." :smallsmile: He turns back to the NPC, without waiting for a response. "Go."

Shadowcaller
2010-12-31, 09:57 PM
[Red Zone Streets]

"I'm afraid I can't unless I know nothing illegal is going on here, it seems like your threatening this poor man." She pauses. "Which I think is against the law of this place so... err... stop that." Cessie tells him.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-31, 10:00 PM
Without warning of any sort, Frank calmly turns around, pulls out his iPhone, and casts a spell. It should leave Cessie unable to move her legs, if it works properly. "Spell'll wear off in ten minutes or so. Leave me alone, everything'll be fine." :smallsmile:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-31, 10:14 PM
[Red Zone Streets]

The un-named elementalist comes strilling down the street, looking for somewhere to stay. Chances are, as he's somewhat absorbed in his task, he'll pass by Frank and Cessie entirely unless one of them does something to draw his attention.

Shadowcaller
2010-12-31, 10:16 PM
[Red Zone Streets]

Cessie's legs locks to her surprise, but she isn't really going to let that stop her. She attempts to unravel Frank's spell with her own magic and then casts her version at the spell at him which should make him completely unable to move unless he can resist it or dodge it. "I'm afraid I can't let you do that." She tells him, starting to sound quite frustrated.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-31, 10:21 PM
The spell shouldn't be to hard to unravel; curse you, Apple, and your subpar hardware. Computational daemonolgy requires quite a bit of proscessing power. On the other hand, Frank's expecting a counterattack, and has a partial shield up by the time the spell hits; he's slowed, but mobile. He smiles ruefully. "Fair enough. You win, I suppose." He turns to the NPC. "You can get out of here. Go." :smallsmile:

"There. Happy? To whom do I owe this dubious pleasure, anyhow?" He's attempting to memorize Cessie's face, plotting revenge...

Shadowcaller
2010-12-31, 10:31 PM
[Red Zone Streets]

Cessie frowns, her face shouldn't be too hard to remember really. "What were you planning to do with him?" She demands. "And I'm Cessie, not that should matter, I should take you the the city guard right now." Yep, city guard, not police, thats what she is used to in any case.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-31, 10:41 PM
"Sorry, Cessie, but I'm afraid that's not any of your business." Revenge shall be swift and silent. Frank attempts to leave, hampered by the spell.

((Deadtime.))

Shadowcaller
2010-12-31, 10:48 PM
[Red Zone Streets]

"Well... don't ever do that again!" She tells him as he walks away, arresting people wasn't really a habit for her, but she had to tell the city guard of the event in any case. They would know what to do.

((And deadtime as well.))

Moff Chumley
2011-01-01, 12:59 AM
[Red Zone]

Frank walks a few blocks south east and continues creating henchmen. :smalltongue:

Gullara
2011-01-01, 01:03 AM
[Red Zone]

"That is terribly inefficient you know?" A voice says behind Frank. The voice in question is rich and deep.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-01, 01:07 AM
Assuming Frank is leaving an alley with a newly repurposed hobo, he smiles widely. "It's a small scale operation, for the moment, but it's the best I can do with what I have." :smallsmile:

Gullara
2011-01-01, 01:11 AM
"Perhaps I can be of some assistance?" says the voice. The voice belongs to an immense man in a black suit. His girth is expansive, but somehow does not suggest a life of indulgence, but instead a sense of power. His head is clean shaven, his skin is pale, his eyes red, and fangs are clearly visible. Think vampire King Pin.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-01, 01:23 AM
"Quite possibly, yes." Frank keeps his vapid smile constant, while tapping away on his iPhone, eyes flicking to it every few seconds. "I take it you're a vampire, then."

Gullara
2011-01-01, 01:27 AM
The vampire nods once, slowly. "My name is Ramiro."

He eyes the iPhone. He's an old vampire, and not easily surprised, killed, or controlled.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-01, 01:31 AM
Frank is scanning Ramiro, attempting to translate "vampire" into Computational Daemonologist terms. "It's a pleasure, Ramiro. What can I do for you?" :smallsmile:

Gullara
2011-01-01, 01:37 AM
"I've been watching you for a little while now," how someone so huge can be sneaky is a mystery to me, "and I am curious as to what your end game is." he says. "Provided it is of interest to me I thought I could assist you in creating minions. And perhaps more."

And I do have a somewhat reasonable explanation for how he knows Frank is creating minions.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-01, 01:43 AM
"Endgame? Dunno what you're talking about. I'm doing Inside a service. Turning these bumbs into hardworking citizens." There's a twinkle in his eye; he's clearly joking. "You know? I haven't decided yet. And quite frankly, I wouldn't tell you if I had. But I'm sure you hardly divulge all of your long term goals to anyone who interrupts you while you're conducting business." Frank's smile hardens a bit. "Tell you what. Let's flip things a bit, how does that sound? You can't give me what I want, let's leave it at that. But what can I do for you?"

Gullara
2011-01-01, 01:53 AM
"What can you do for me?" Ramiro co cks an eyebrow, "Now that entirely depends on what you can do, doesn't it?" Perhaps we can... share information. Simply to get a better understanding of each other, of course."

"I can tell you are a very capable man, and those who assist me soon find themselves rich and powerful."

Moff Chumley
2011-01-01, 01:56 AM
Frank's plastic smile turns genuine for a moment. "Well, cash and power are always nice. Honestly, that's not an easy question to answer. Tell you what. I'll work as a contractor, a fixer; you have problems, I can get them dealt with. You pay me, everyone wins. Sound good?"

Gullara
2011-01-01, 02:00 AM
Oh good, then I don't have to figure out exactly what I want Ramiro to do right away.:smalltongue:

Ramiro nods once more. "Agreed. I presume you have a number you can be reached on." he gestures at the iPhone.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-01, 02:07 AM
"Indeed I do." Frank gives Ramiro his number, than tips an invisible hat. "Been a pleasure, sir." :smallamused:

Gullara
2011-01-01, 02:10 AM
Ramiro nods for the last time and leisurely walks away. Frank may notice two figures following after him on the rooftops.

Fan
2011-01-01, 10:23 AM
[The Yellow Zone]

Beats thrummed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQWuWfxMXA0&feature=related), NPC's thronged, and lights flashed.

Cool Kid arrives at the vicinity, striding off that sweet hover board in his sickest threads. Hooked up with the best bling one could reasonably afford on a rich kid's allowance. He flashes a cocky smile to the crowd. Days of preparations. Days of turning this crappy ass low end building into mother****ing MAGIC.

What had once been a run down industrial business had been bought up by the Cool Kid with his tons of money, and turned into the club of a party goers dreams.

Kegs, wine, and everything else had been ordered under his fathers name. The bartender shined glasses as the clock ticked down. Cool Kid grabbing a gladius from a man dressed in black, because he was TOO COOL to use scissors for this. He was not however, too cool for THEATRICS.

He twirled the blade in his hands as he paraded up the stairs, ending his little march in the center of the small off to the side platform he had built for the occasion, embedding the tip of the blade into the hard wood and leaning on it as he shouted to the audience.

"Tell me people. ARE WE READY TO CELEBRATE NEXUS NEW YEARS?!"

A throng of cheers answered, and Cool Kid soared. He did SO love being with his public. Couldn't bask in the after glow too long though. Had to get this party rolling!

"Then with no further ado. It is my pleasure to introduce all of you to Strider Edition!"

He says turning his back to the crowd as the machinations of the platform were revealed, the hard wood splitting to reveal gleaming chrome. Keyboards, wires, and a full backing band of NPC's rocking as they hit a gong that had been in place. Each blow bringing the doors closer to full opening, pyrotechnics exploding for added flair. Then the gong sounded it's final blow the automated doors opening as the clock hit midnight, and the people were allowed in. The Dance floor lighting up at the touch of the first step. Appropriately themed swag on sale at the merch booth, and the thrumming lead of synthetic bass roaring throughout the compound backed by the wicked shredding of the guitar elite. Free food and drink was had for all, but yet.

The party had only just begun.:smallcool:

Earl of Purple
2011-01-01, 11:58 AM
Temple of Dalachrech- Outside

Because Kal didn't do the right knock (excuse I'm making up on spot for not being on in time to read the first post), the door is unopened. The molotov cocktail goes through the window. It goes 'Boom' in the Altar Room, the pews catching fire, along with the drapes and the carpet.

Temple of Dalachrech- Lauretta's Location

If her Orb of Brotherhood is within six foot or so, she'll hear Terrowin in her mind. All clerics, the Temple is under attack. I am activating teleport function for those outside its perimeter. Please be prepared and immediately put on your armour and grab your weapons, then meet me in the Entrance Hall.

Temple of Dalachrech- Dining Room

All of the clerics stand up all at once and head out of the room. "Samantha, Rebecka, find Tamara and Eiriek and go to the Servent's Quarters. Elteeb." Madame de la Moy's dress starts writhing with beetles and dissappears completely, leaving Madame de la Moy clad entirely with vicious-looking beetles. Rebecka, the human girl, will nod and motion for Samantha to follow her.

((Deadtime))

Gullara
2011-01-01, 12:11 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech- Dining Room]

Samantha stands and looks around worriedly. She seems like she's about to speak, but instead nods and follows Rebecka.

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 12:15 PM
Temple of Dalachrech - Lauretta's Room

Lauretta immediately starts putting on her chainmail. "Din, the Temple is under attack. You should probably go to the Servants Quarters for safety."

FireFox
2011-01-01, 12:18 PM
Grant will attempt to pet the fox.

Tell whoever sent you that I said thanks.

The fox looks over to where Kal is firebombing the Cult Temple and yips loudly. But when Grant tries to touch it, his hand will go right through. Then the fox disappears.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 12:37 PM
[Red Zone]

Cessie goes around the red zone looking for a city guard that she can report to.

iElf
2011-01-01, 01:19 PM
Temple of Dalachrech - Lauretta's Room

Lauretta immediately starts putting on her chainmail. "Din, the Temple is under attack. You should probably go to the Servants Quarters for safety."

Din nods, and will head off to the servants quarters

DoomITP
2011-01-01, 01:47 PM
When Grant sees the temple being firebombed he seems to go a bit crazy.

Yes!

He then takes off towards the building, laughing all the way.

Beans
2011-01-01, 01:53 PM
[Outside Temple]
Pesty runs after him.
... Oh crap!
IT'S ON FIRE AND DIN'S IN THERE!

iElf
2011-01-01, 02:00 PM
[Outside Temple]
Pesty runs after him.
... Oh crap!
IT'S ON FIRE AND DIN'S IN THERE!

just a question, but how does she know? did I miss something?))

Din will hide somewhere in the servants quarters, and arm herself with a large kitchen knife

DoomITP
2011-01-01, 02:06 PM
Grant will run into the building as soon as he is able to.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-01, 03:49 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech]

Kal pulls a few extra bottles out from nowhere, and hands them to Decker, with a lighter.
"Do you know how to use one of the's properly? Be good."
He walks up to the door and attempts to open it. If it's locked, he'll attempt to punch through with his gauntlet and open it from the inside.

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 03:55 PM
Temple of Dalachrech - Outside

"Course I do," Decker says. :smallamused:

Decker is an 11 year old girl with devil horns and red eyes. She looks up as Grant comes running up and sniffs. Does he have any devil or demon ancestry?

Temple of Dalachrech - Inside

Lauretta gathers with the other priests to help defend the temple.

Beans
2011-01-01, 04:05 PM
[Streets]
Pesty is on Grant's heels.
THEY'VE GOT MY DAUGHTER IN THERE!
LEMME IN! The catgirl's ears are flattened down and her tail lashes in agitation.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-01, 04:10 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech]

Assuming he's able to get the front door open in the first place, Kal has absolutely NO issue with letting them in.
They get to be the distraction. :smallamused:

iElf
2011-01-01, 04:11 PM
Din will go look for any of the other servants , to go hide with them

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 04:13 PM
Temple of Dalachrech - Servants Quarters

Din is taken to hide with the servants and non-combatants.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-01, 04:39 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Entrance Way

Kal smashes through the door easily. On the other side are a group of seven armoured figures, including Lauretta (since that's where they were told to muster). In front is a man wearing dark brown platemail with a round shield and a morningstar shaped like a scorpion's telson. Behind him are a male humanoid wearing chainmail and a red tabard with a black, hell-iron mace and a round shield, with a helmet shaped like a grinning demonic face and a tall figure with a baobab wood staff covered in beetles. The third rank is a bulky, chainmail-clad man wearing a horned helmet with a crossbow, another chainmail-clad man with a wooden club and a round shield and an aasimar lady wearing a fur cloak and carrying a spear. Lauretta is probably at the back. All of the chainmailed figures have red tabards emblazoned, like all the shields, with a two-tailed scorpion.

The room itself is small, only just enough room for the clerics, with red drapes bearing the two-tailed scorpion device. The drapes are large enough to hide doors.

Temple of Dalachrech- Servant's Quarters

The servant's quarters are cramped, with four beds and a single wardrobe. Three of the beds look to be slept in recently, the fourth looks to be unslept in. Hastily pushed under the beds are iron collars and chains; they're hard to spot unless they are actively looked for. The three templeslavesservants are sitting on their beds and look very worried. The servants themselves are a seventeen-year-old catgirl, a young male elf and a nineteen-year-old human girl. Din or Samantha might note that there's no reading or writing materials in the room.

Flames are beginning to spill from the Altar Room window, as is the sound of voices raised, chanting Abyssal. The voices sound like those of a male gnome, too nasal to be a halfling and too high-pitched for a larger species, and a female elf, lending a song-like quality to the chant.

iElf
2011-01-01, 04:44 PM

The servant's quarters are cramped, with four beds and a single wardrobe. Three of the beds look to be slept in recently, the fourth looks to be unslept in. Hastily pushed under the beds are iron collars and chains; they're hard to spot unless they are actively looked for. The three templeslavesservants are sitting on their beds and look very worried. The servants themselves are a seventeen-year-old catgirl, a young male elf and a nineteen-year-old human girl. Din or Samantha might note that there's no reading or writing materials in the room.

Din sits down on the fourth bed ((OMGSYMBOLISM!)) and looks around the place "...I'll do my best to defend you if they get in here."

FireFox
2011-01-01, 04:51 PM

Kal smashes through the door easily. On the other side are a group of seven armoured figures, including Lauretta (since that's where they were told to muster). In front is a man wearing dark brown platemail with a round shield and a morningstar shaped like a scorpion's telson. Behind him are a male humanoid wearing chainmail and a red tabard with a black, hell-iron mace and a round shield, with a helmet shaped like a grinning demonic face and a tall figure with a baobab wood staff covered in beetles. The third rank is a bulky, chainmail-clad man wearing a horned helmet with a crossbow, another chainmail-clad man with a wooden club and a round shield and an aasimar lady wearing a fur cloak and carrying a spear. Lauretta is probably at the back. All of the chainmailed figures have red tabards emblazoned, like all the shields, with a two-tailed scorpion.

The room itself is small, only just enough room for the clerics, with red drapes bearing the two-tailed scorpion device. The drapes are large enough to hide doors.

Flames are beginning to spill from the Altar Room window, as is the sound of voices raised, chanting Abyssal. The voices sound like those of a male gnome, too nasal to be a halfling and too high-pitched for a larger species, and a female elf, lending a song-like quality to the chant.

((So... About my question... Angela can't see into the Temple, right?))

AmberVael
2011-01-01, 04:56 PM
[Govt Complex]

"Rules are rules, miss, and there are plenty of people inside other than VIPs who someone might randomly decide they want to hurt. Might seem paranoid, but hey, we have organizations like AMEN around." The guard has a point.

Grace still sees numerous problems with this philosophy, but doesn't see much of a reason to bring it up. It isn't like the guard could implement a change, even if she thought it was worth it.
So instead, she shrugs, submits to a search if necessary, and then will go to the meeting.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-01, 04:56 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech]

Well, Kal was going to let Pesty and Grant go in first to soften them up, but this is too good an opportunity.
"Gentlemen." Says Kal, producing a lit stick of cartoon style dynamite, little sparkly fuse and all. Little sparkly fuse that looks dangerously short. :smalleek:
He tosses the dynamite in the direction of the group and closes the door, ducking out of the way of the doorframe, and attempting to pull Decker back behind him as well.
Boom?

McBish
2011-01-01, 05:05 PM
[Streets]

Jack Dodge wanders through the streets searching for his next meal ticket. Maybe a fat purse to steal, maybe someone looking for a thief to do a job. Hopefully he shall find something.

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 05:09 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

(Inside)

Lauretta, being somewhere near the back, can do nothing about the boomstick.

(Outside)

Decker tries to throw her molotov cocktail through the door at the same time Kal throws the dynamite, then is pulled back. But she's not got as good an arm as Kal, so it may miss.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 05:11 PM
[Streets]

Jack Dodge might come across Cessie (http://whisperingworm.wikidot.com/cessie) who at least by medieval standards look very wealthy (which she also is).

She is currently looking around for a yet to be xisting guard she could report a crime to.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-01, 05:15 PM
((No, Angela can't see in. Sorry, I forgot about that))

The dangerously-short fuse is cut, making the fuse shorter, but no longer lit. More accurately, it's been bitten off by a beetle from the beetle-clad six-and-a-half-feet-tall figure. Who is actually female, but the beetles make that impossible to determine. The dynamite continues its tragectory and hits the middle of the group, but is no longer lit, the fuse hitting the carpet. The molotov cocktail, however, hits the shield of the lead figure, doing little damage to him. Some of the drapes caught fire and carpet did too in places, but the drapes are ignored for the present and the carpet is stamped out.

The symbolism is accidental and (probably) coincidental. The three other beings here look somewhat reassured.

Presumably, Pesty and Grant are continuing their run.

McBish
2011-01-01, 05:16 PM
[Streets]

Well Jack is no guard, and couldn't be mistaken for one. But he does make her way towards her aiming to bump into her. When he does he will try and slip any valuables off her fingers, neck, belt. Wherever they might be. And then stumble away with a mumbled apology.

Beans
2011-01-01, 05:18 PM
[Outside Temple]
Pesty skids to a halt by Kal and Decker, looking at the open doorway with wide, stark eyes.

iElf
2011-01-01, 05:19 PM
((No, Angela can't see in. Sorry, I forgot about that))

The symbolism is accidental and (probably) coincidental. The three other beings here look somewhat reassured.

Din smiles at them "do any of you know who's attacking the temple? did you see by any chance? "

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 05:24 PM
[Streets]

Cessie does have a quite valuable ring on her finger, but it might be stuck quite hard. She also have a little money bag closely tied in a belt around her mid-section which also might be hard to remove unless he quickly can tie up the knot before she notice anything.

Gullara
2011-01-01, 05:27 PM
Din smiles at them "do any of you know who's attacking the temple? did you see by any chance? "

Samantha, a pale 18 year old girl with grey eyes and wearing a grey dress shakes her head. She looks scared.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-01, 05:27 PM
[ToD]

Kal frowns at the lack of boom. Awww.
"After you." Says he, gesturing to Pesty and Grant.

McBish
2011-01-01, 05:28 PM
[Streets]

Jack notices the ring, and how it is stuck on tight. But he can slice the string holding the purse with a small razor blade. Though she might notice him try and slip her ring off before he gave up.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 05:40 PM
[Streets]

"Hey!" She shouts at him in anger as Jack attempts to steal her ring, her eyes flaring up, she turns towards him.

She will then attempt to stun him with a stun spell, which unless he dodges or resist it somehow, will make him completely unable to move.

McBish
2011-01-01, 05:44 PM
[Streets]

Jack starts to run as she shouts but the stunning spell hits him just as he was turning the corner into an alley. So instead of making a clean get away he falls to the ground immobilized.

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 05:49 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

((I'm having an early bedtime. If the fighting carries on, Decker is godmoddable by Kris and Lauretta by Earl. Though I should point out that if Grant and Pesty actually ask for Din by name, Lauretta will tell them that Din is inside and offer to let them see her.))

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 05:58 PM
[Streets]

Cessie runs after him with a mix of anger and worry in her expression and should turn around the same corner some moments later.
If Jack is still there, she will look at him in anger. "How dare you steal my things!" She exclaims loudly. "That is my wedding ring you bastard!" She continues, holding her ring tightly with her other hand.

As she seems to have calmed down a bit, she reaches down to get back her bag, mumbling, "I should turn you over the city guard at once thief."

iElf
2011-01-01, 05:59 PM
Samantha, a pale 18 year old girl with grey eyes and wearing a grey dress shakes her head. She looks scared.

Din goes to hug her "...don't worry...it will be ok in the end"

McBish
2011-01-01, 06:05 PM
[Streets]

Jack Dodge looks a bit upset about being stuck on the ground. But a bit of nervousness shows in his eyes at the mention of the city guard. He starts to concentrate on trying to break the spell, which isn't working out to great for him right now.

((Does the spell let him talk?))

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 06:20 PM
[Streets]

((It does.))

Cessie looks quite determined in getting what's hers back and will try to get back her money bag fomr Jack's clutches. "Scum..." She mumbles, still sounding pretty angry.

Gullara
2011-01-01, 06:25 PM
Din goes to hug her "...don't worry...it will be ok in the end"

"I hope no one gets hurt," she says in a quiet voice. I should note that she is clutching a copy of Dalachrech's holy book to her chest.

Oh and when Din tries to hug Samantha she passes right through her.

McBish
2011-01-01, 06:26 PM
[Streets]

She will be able to take away coin purse.

Look lady I'm sorry OK. There isn't any reason to get the guard involved in this. I didn't know it was your wedding ring. I just needed the money.

Jack does look like he needs the money, his clothes are pretty worn, the only thing that keeps him warm is his good cloak. And while not painfully skinny he is underweight.

iElf
2011-01-01, 06:31 PM
"I hope no one gets hurt," she says in a quiet voice. I should note that she is clutching a copy of Dalachrech's holy book to her chest.

Oh and when Din tries to hug Samantha she passes right through her.

Din eeps in astonishment "...you're...a ghost?"

Gullara
2011-01-01, 06:35 PM
Din eeps in astonishment "...you're...a ghost?"

Samantha looks down at her feet, "Um... kind of."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-01, 06:36 PM

The temple slaves servents also shake their heads to say they don't know who's attacking or what's going on. The elf soon decides to try and go to sleep, still wearing the simple clothes that make up his uniform.

((Deadtime))

iElf
2011-01-01, 06:40 PM
Samantha looks down at her feet, "Um... kind of."

Din sighs "never mind...but they won't get to you before they get through me...I bet we're safe here...."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 06:41 PM
[Streets]

"But you stole, you broke the law." She replies, holding the money bag in a tight grip. "I can't just let you go. You might steal again.

Up to you how long the spell will hold Jack.

Gullara
2011-01-01, 06:49 PM
Din sighs "never mind...but they won't get to you before they get through me...I bet we're safe here...."

Samantha nods. Although Din shouldn't worry. It's likely they can't harm her.

McBish
2011-01-01, 06:59 PM
[Streets]

Look I didn't hurt you did I? I mean I wouldn't do that, I'm not a threat to anyone. Do you know how how hard it is to live in this city?

iElf
2011-01-01, 07:02 PM
Samantha nods. Although Din shouldn't worry. It's likely they can't harm her.

Din smiles, and looks around "is there enough room to hide under the beds incase they get in here?"

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 07:16 PM
[Streets]

"Perhaps not." Cessie admits. "But the law is the law and it should be followed of that reason. Stealing is wrong, can't you get a real job instead?" She wonders.

McBish
2011-01-01, 07:21 PM
[Streets]

You don't think I didn't try that. Not many people are looking to hire a untrained, uneducated, demonspawn.

His tail starts to wiggle under his cloak. The spell is wearing off.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 07:36 PM
[Streets]

"...well, you can't go around stealing anymore at least. I can give you money, but you will only realize what the right way is if you get rehabilitated." She insists in saying, not planning to let a thief run free.

McBish
2011-01-01, 08:31 PM
[Streets]

If I can go straight I would. He says almost sound sincere.

He starts to wiggle his toes, getting a feel for what is going on with the spell and how quickly it will end.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 08:53 PM
[Streets]

Cessie seems to hesitate. "Could I help you in any way? It's my duty to let the law take care of you, but... you need anything?"

McBish
2011-01-01, 08:58 PM
[Streets]

Really, you'd be willing to help me? And now he is starting to be nervous about this lady.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 09:03 PM
[Streets]

"Well... you look like you might need it." She replies, sounding a bit nervous and inexperienced about this situation herself.

"I mean, if I could turn you away from this path... thats what the laws should be about."

McBish
2011-01-01, 09:06 PM
[Streets]

Um, well then will you release this spell so I can get up. He says deciding to test her motives for now.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 09:10 PM
[Streets]

Cessie hesitates but then seems to decide to unravel the spell. "Alright... but it would be foolish to run from someone who is trying to help you." She declares, still holding her money bag pretty tight in her hand.

McBish
2011-01-01, 09:11 PM
[Streets]

Jack starts to stand up.

It's easy to make promises of help. He mutters as he stands up, but he doesn't run just yet.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 09:17 PM
[Streets]

"Yes, but I'm prepared to stand for my word." She says a bit unsteadily. "Eh, but how can I help you exactly? You need a job, right?" It doesn't sound like she really knows what she is doing.

McBish
2011-01-01, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I mean I could use a job if you know where to get one?

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 09:29 PM
[Streets]

"Um... yes." She says thinking. "Have you tried trog's perhaps? There must be a lot of organizations around here that could use your help I'm sure." She hesitates once again. "So do one... such as you have any special talents perhaps?"

McBish
2011-01-01, 09:34 PM
[Streets]

Special Talents?

He says raising an eyebrow. Yeah, burglary and picking pockets but he really doesn't want to say that right now.

Not really, I mean like I said, uneducated and what not. He glances around the alley identifying his escape route.

VampireRot
2011-01-01, 09:35 PM
[The Yellow Zone]

Beats thrummed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQWuWfxMXA0&feature=related), NPC's thronged, and lights flashed.

Cool Kid arrives at the vicinity, striding off that sweet hover board in his sickest threads. Hooked up with the best bling one could reasonably afford on a rich kid's allowance. He flashes a cocky smile to the crowd. Days of preparations. Days of turning this crappy ass low end building into mother****ing MAGIC.

What had once been a run down industrial business had been bought up by the Cool Kid with his tons of money, and turned into the club of a party goers dreams.

Kegs, wine, and everything else had been ordered under his fathers name. The bartender shined glasses as the clock ticked down. Cool Kid grabbing a gladius from a man dressed in black, because he was TOO COOL to use scissors for this. He was not however, too cool for THEATRICS.

He twirled the blade in his hands as he paraded up the stairs, ending his little march in the center of the small off to the side platform he had built for the occasion, embedding the tip of the blade into the hard wood and leaning on it as he shouted to the audience.

"Tell me people. ARE WE READY TO CELEBRATE NEXUS NEW YEARS?!"

A throng of cheers answered, and Cool Kid soared. He did SO love being with his public. Couldn't bask in the after glow too long though. Had to get this party rolling!

"Then with no further ado. It is my pleasure to introduce all of you to Strider Edition!"

He says turning his back to the crowd as the machinations of the platform were revealed, the hard wood splitting to reveal gleaming chrome. Keyboards, wires, and a full backing band of NPC's rocking as they hit a gong that had been in place. Each blow bringing the doors closer to full opening, pyrotechnics exploding for added flair. Then the gong sounded it's final blow the automated doors opening as the clock hit midnight, and the people were allowed in. The Dance floor lighting up at the touch of the first step. Appropriately themed swag on sale at the merch booth, and the thrumming lead of synthetic bass roaring throughout the compound backed by the wicked shredding of the guitar elite. Free food and drink was had for all, but yet.

The party had only just begun.:smallcool:

[Party]

Rot arrives, wearing the same suit and high-collared cloak as ever. But there is still an air of haughty richness about him, as there is of many vampire. He looks around with a glimmer of surprise, genuinely impressed. Though the vampire keeps a slight sneer on his lips for appearances.

He begins to mingle with the crowd, red eyes flighting through the faces of generic partying NPCs. Rot doesn't actually dance, and yet keeps each step on the beat of the song. Somehow he has procured a wine glass full of blood. Don't ask who's.

celtois
2011-01-01, 09:42 PM
[Party]

(Oh hey guess who's going to try and show up. Xavier. The very assassin who killed Rae)

And into the recently spiffed up building steps a younger man. He has as per usual dressed in only dress pants and shoes his chest bare and scar covered as ever.

Not really willing to let down his guard he is obviously armed with a pistol and knives at his side. He also has a ring with purple gemstone on his finger and a amulet around his neck.

Short black hair neatly cut and a handsome face he surveys the scene all around him. Before mingling into the crowd and starting to dance. He's just having some fun. Good old rocking out to the beat. Heck he's not bad at it though.

Some would even describe him as a good dancer

Gullara
2011-01-01, 09:45 PM
Din smiles, and looks around "is there enough room to hide under the beds incase they get in here?"

Samantha looks skeptical, "Would that help? It's not really a good hiding place."

UncleWolf
2011-01-01, 09:46 PM
Clinic

After nearly a month of extensive care, Edijar is to be released from the hospital. He'd spent weeks in physical therapy and been put on extensive pharmaceutical courses. Of course, the nanites he was given had helped out a lot.

He'd have to look in on getting his own some time.

On the day of his release, as Charity approaches the closed door, she'll hear a couple of voices she'll recognize as Edijar's and Vasquez's.

"-isked the life of my soldier dammit, even though I told you explicitly not to go in there. Not only was it Trog's, but it was already being taken care of." The Commander snorts angrily. "Want to know why you did something that stupid? Because of that two-timing bimbo of a sl-"

She's cut off by the sound of a extremely hard slap followed by the sound of someone breaking something glass.

"Don't you dare say that again." Edijar tells her coldly, his voice dripping with anger.

There's a long moment of silence and some of the glass crunches under someone's foot before she sighs. "Forget what I said. Look, I just wanted to say that even with all the stupid **** you did, I'm glad you're okay." Her voice is strained, forcing herself to say it or to keep herself from saying more.

Happy decides how much Charity hears or if she interrupts of course.

((Krazy Karl and Abandoned House posts will come later, once I dig up all the replies))

Shadowcaller
2011-01-01, 09:47 PM
[Streets]

"Right... so you don't have any family or anything I suppose?" Asks and then pauses, sounding unsure.

"I had a friend, Sakura, she was uneducated as well and she got a job at watchtower... I think. She lives there at least." Cessie sigh. "Maybe if I give you some money?"

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 09:55 PM
Clinic

Charity waits a few minutes before knocking and entering, so that Vasquez can think she wasn't overheard. "Hey, I've got the truck pulled up around back. Eep... glass."

VampireRot
2011-01-01, 09:58 PM
[Party]

(Oh hey guess who's going to try and show up. Xavier. The very assassin who killed Rae)

And into the recently spiffed up building steps a younger man. He has as per usual dressed in only dress pants and shoes his chest bare and scar covered as ever.

Not really willing to let down his guard he is obviously armed with a pistol and knives at his side. He also has a ring with purple gemstone on his finger and a amulet around his neck.

Short black hair neatly cut and a handsome face he surveys the scene all around him. Before mingling into the crowd and starting to dance. He's just having some fun. Good old rocking out to the beat. Heck he's not bad at it though.

Some would even describe him as a good dancer

[Party]

Rot angles his dance-like steps toward Xavier. Quite soon and suddenly, the vampire is at his side. He gives a little cough and smiles sweetly, fangs large and barred.

"Sorry sir, but weapons are not allowed on the premise. At least not so brazenly unconcealed. I'd love to just eat you, but I have to give warning first."

The hypocritical vampire has one hand inside his cape, resting on the pommel of his sword. The other hand holds a glass of "wine".

celtois
2011-01-01, 10:07 PM
[Party]

Xavier doesn't seem that concerned at all by Rot, or you know the threat.
"I'm sorry but I'm afraid I rather need to have them displayed openly. I made a few to many enemies among the guests. I'd rather they see the weapons and just leave me alone."
Xavier continues his dancing, having made no move to conceal his weapons.

And now ignoring Rot it seems. Though really he is watching him out of the corner of his eye ready to defend himself if needed.

UncleWolf
2011-01-01, 10:13 PM
Clinic

"I...I just..." Vasquez begins to say sadly before they're interrupted by the knocks. She apparently had time to compose herself because her face is neutral when Charity enters, even though she can't completely hide a slight wince as she sees who it is. She'll see Edijar dressed casually, and Vasquez in her armor, but she has a large red welt starting to form on the left side of her face where Edijar slapped her. Edijar on the other hand, looks slightly flushed, but seems to have cooled off and offers her a slight smile.

"Sorry for the mess, I just tripped a bit over my feet and broke a beaker." Of course, the beaker is on the other side of the room....

Vasquez nods. "I'd best be leaving then." She tries to shove past Charity, though refraining from actually touching her.

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 10:15 PM
Clinic

"Hey you," Charity says, putting her arms around Edijar and kissing him on the chin. "Ready to go home?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-01, 10:26 PM
Clinic

Edijar holds her tight and gives her a kiss. "Of course, just let me clean up my mess, then we'll go have some fun." He says with a genuine smile.

Vasquez, outside the doorway, breathes deeply for a long moment before leaving to the elevator. She wasn't going to allow her to see her like this.

VampireRot
2011-01-01, 10:26 PM
[Party]

Xavier doesn't seem that concerned at all by Rot, or you know the threat.
"I'm sorry but I'm afraid I rather need to have them displayed openly. I made a few to many enemies among the guests. I'd rather they see the weapons and just leave me alone."
Xavier continues his dancing, having made no move to conceal his weapons.

And now ignoring Rot it seems. Though really he is watching him out of the corner of his eye ready to defend himself if needed.

[Party]

Rot's eyes flash. He steps forward, with the rhythm, and follows Xavier. The vampire keeps his fanged grin up as he hands his glass of "wine" to some flabbergasted and soon horrified NPC. And then reaches over to try and grab the pistol from Xavier's person. He's not trying to be obvious about it, but isn't exactly the best pickpocket and is being watched.

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 10:30 PM
In the Truck

Charity waits until she's driving them home before she says, "Vasquez forgot hysterical and binge-drinking."

celtois
2011-01-01, 10:33 PM
[Party]

It doesn't exactly help that he's trying to pickpocket a master thief. While being watched by said thief. Makes it kind of hard.

Xavier will in time with the music try and reach back and catch Rot's hand as he goes for his pistol. "I'd really suggest not doing that. I can assure you me being openly armed will make this whole party safer."
At the moment he isn't trying to be overly hostile about it. Just trying to stop Rot from grabbing said pistol.

VampireRot
2011-01-01, 10:41 PM
[Party]

Rot frowns. Hmm... The vampire shrugs.

"Fine, then. Just don't do anything, or I'll have to gut you."

He's hoping Xavier does something now. Always liked a good gutting.

UncleWolf
2011-01-01, 10:43 PM
In The Truck

Edijar sighs and sets his hand on her knee, giving it a squeeze. "I'm sorry you heard that." He curls up his right hand and puts it out of her sight. "But I wasn't going to let her say any more of it." He pauses a moment, looking ashamed at his loss of control. "I expected her to show up sooner than that to be honest."

celtois
2011-01-01, 10:43 PM
[Party]

Gutting Xavier wouldn't be much fun. His guts would fall out. Then fall back in.

"I will do my best to avoid doing so." Xavier flashes Rot a cocky grin. "Enjoy the party."

And he goes back to his dancing. Now a little more wary then before. It wouldn't do to have someone steal his gun after all.

Darkcomet
2011-01-01, 10:49 PM
[Govt Complex]

Grace still sees numerous problems with this philosophy, but doesn't see much of a reason to bring it up. It isn't like the guard could implement a change, even if she thought it was worth it.
So instead, she shrugs, submits to a search if necessary, and then will go to the meeting.

She'll be led up to a mostly-empty room in the main tower. It's only mostly empty because of the bulky holoprojector attached to the ceiling.

Not long after Grace arrives, the projector activates, a hologram of the Imperial Army's General Noir, in full uniform, appearing beneath it. "Hello, miss Grace. Congratulations on your recent promotion."

Wait. He knows already?

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 10:53 PM
In The Truck

Edijar sighs and sets his hand on her knee, giving it a squeeze. "I'm sorry you heard that." He curls up his right hand and puts it out of her sight. "But I wasn't going to let her say any more of it." He pauses a moment, looking ashamed at his loss of control. "I expected her to show up sooner than that to be honest."

"It's okay, love. I'd be jealous too if our places were reversed," Charity says. Whatever he's trying to hide should be easily done, since she's driving.

Hmm... do Nexus cars have steering wheels on the right or the left? :smallconfused:

AmberVael
2011-01-01, 10:54 PM
[Govt Complex]

"Thank you, sir."
Grace says, taking his knowledge in stride as she gives a polite bow. After all, why shouldn't she? That weird Maxios guy always seemed to know what was going on the moment it happened- surely the Empire would be much better informed than a single man.
"You are General Noir, I presume?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-01, 11:00 PM
"It's okay, love. I'd be jealous too if our places were reversed," Charity says. Whatever he's trying to hide should be easily done, since she's driving.

Hmm... do Nexus cars have steering wheels on the right or the left? :smallconfused:

In The Truck

His truck has it on the left. Since it's American. You can tell by how beat up it is. :smalltongue:

Edijar isn't hiding anything except his hand, the one that hit his former Lieutenant. "It's...worrying..." He sighs sadly and looks out the window. "Even so, I would have done that to anyone talking about you like that."

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 11:06 PM
In the Truck

"Just don't tell her I overheard. I only told you because, well, I don't keep secrets from you." Charity says.

UncleWolf
2011-01-01, 11:17 PM
In The Truck

He leans over to kiss her shoulder, trying not to distract her too much from driving. He doesn't want to be in another wreck after all. "I won't tell her, I promise. I think she got the point though." He then sighs a bit, resting his head on her shoulder. "I just hope I haven't hurt her too badly."

happyturtle
2011-01-01, 11:25 PM
In the Truck

Charity can't really imagine that's possible. She suspects Vasquez has feelings for Edijar, so of course she's going to be hurt seeing him with someone else. Especially someone like me, who is about as different from her as possible. She probably can't respect me at all.

But, she decides to change the subject. "Sunny told me she's going to be staying at GLoG for a while. She has a project there, but I suspect she's doing it to give us some time alone."

UncleWolf
2011-01-01, 11:36 PM
In The Truck

Edijar gives a smile, glad the conversation has changed to one he'd enjoy much more. "Then we'll have to thank her." He gets a mischievous smirk. "Later of course."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-01, 11:46 PM
[Yellow Zone-Party!]

Riv strides up to the party, and looks for the bouncer, doorman, whoever.

Gullara
2011-01-01, 11:47 PM
[Yellow Zone-Party!]

And Kirk follows soon after. I don't know about Riv, but this guy's got to be on the list, right?

VampireRot
2011-01-01, 11:49 PM
[Yellow Zone-Party!]

Bouncer? :smallconfused:

It's Rot. :smalltongue:

The vampire grins at them.

"Hi guys! Guess who's not on the guest list!" :smallbiggrin:

Gullara
2011-01-01, 11:53 PM
[Yellow Zone-Party!]

Kirk shakes his head. "It's Riv, isn't it?"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-01, 11:55 PM
Hold on. Cool Kid said he needed AMEN to bring the booze. And I got the booze. Riv says, pointing to the two Pizza Drones carrying booze. And c'mon, he even changed out his lab coat for a disco version and combed his hair, let him in already.

VampireRot
2011-01-01, 11:57 PM
[Yellow Zone-Party!]

"Sorry, no can do. There's booze a'plenty, and my plot clone kinda heard you in AMEN. So take a hike. The elf can come in, though." :smallcool:

Rot smirks evilly. Being unpleasant is fun.

Gullara
2011-01-02, 12:00 AM
[Yellow Zone-Party!]

"Hells yeah. You're the man, Rot." Kirk gives a what can I do look to Riv before joining the party.

DoomITP
2011-01-02, 12:06 AM
[Outside of the Temple]

Grant, will run inside of the temple with his elven dagger in hand.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-02, 12:07 AM
Rot, what would it take for you to let me in?

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 12:12 AM
[Yellow Zone-Party!]

Rot grins wickedly again, and begins thinking.

"You can brainwash people, right? I want a nice and plump girl waiting outside my room every day for a week. 'Kay?"

If Riv agrees to this, Rot'll let him in. But I have to deadtime right now. >.>

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-02, 12:23 AM
Totally. Riv says, walking into the party.

Quincunx
2011-01-02, 06:39 AM
[MagMart, Registers, at the Head of a Queue of Disgruntled Shoppers]

"For the hundredth time," Tzimfemme snaps, "I didn't try to pass it as currency, I asked if it was legal tender!" The hand's-width embossed coins of Maxios' Legion lie on the countertop beside the chosen shovel and a generic "get well soon" card with postage-paid envelope. Behind the counter, the MagMinion manning the register points once again to the bulletin board and the

"No Service"
injunction (legible halfway across the store) underneath the picture of the gunslinger in non-gunslinger clothes. Tzimfemme pinches the bridge of her nose and talks through it, "If it was for myself I would have given up by now, but it's a gift and you are the only retailer of the mundane I've found here. And no, Tom can't just buy one for himself, it needs to be gifted to him--" She breaks off as a MagMinion with a MagMote of MagAuthority (sorry folks, the alliteration only goes so far) steps to the head of the queue. . .

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 11:30 AM

Grant will see seven figures. They include a man wearing dark brown platemail with a round shield and a morningstar shaped like a scorpion's telson in front. Behind him are a male humanoid wearing chainmail and a red tabard with a black, hell-iron mace and a round shield, with a helmet shaped like a grinning demonic face and a tall figure with a baobab wood staff covered in beetles. The third rank is a bulky, chainmail-clad man wearing a horned helmet with a crossbow, another chainmail-clad man with a wooden club and a round shield and an aasimar lady wearing a fur cloak and carrying a spear. Lauretta is probably at the back.

If Grant can tell such things, the person who isn't covered in beetles in the second row is a tiefling. That's unimportant, though, as the lead figure tries to whack Grant with his morningstar. The morningstar, incidently, is enchanted to hurt inherently good extraplanar supernatural beings, also known as angels, archons, etc.

At the mention of hiding under beds, Tamara the catgirl shakes her head. She does, however, open the wardrobe doors. It is filled with clothes similar to what Tamara, Rebecka and Eirik usually wear and there is quite a lot of room.

The chanting begins to trail off, and there is also less smoke coming from the shattered window. Anybody really close might hear the sounds of heavy things being dragged across the floor, followed by dulled heavy thuds. They aren't very loud noises, though.

((Deadtime))

Beans
2011-01-02, 11:33 AM
[Temple Entrance]
Pesty follows Grant.
YOU BASTARDS GIVE ME MY DAUGHTER BACK! GIVE ME BACK MY DIN!
Something shifts under the zippers on the back of her coat.

McBish
2011-01-02, 12:26 PM
[Streets]

"Right... so you don't have any family or anything I suppose?" Asks and then pauses, sounding unsure.

"I had a friend, Sakura, she was uneducated as well and she got a job at watchtower... I think. She lives there at least." Cessie sigh. "Maybe if I give you some money?"

[Streets]

That would be great. Jack says sounding surprised.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-02, 12:28 PM
[Streets]

"Alright... so how much do you need to get a job?" She replies, opening up her money bag a bit.

happyturtle
2011-01-02, 12:43 PM
[Temple Entrance]
Pesty follows Grant.
YOU BASTARDS GIVE ME MY DAUGHTER BACK! GIVE ME BACK MY DIN!
Something shifts under the zippers on the back of her coat.

Lauretta speaks up. "Din? She's perfectly fine. Or she would be if someone wasn't trying to burn the building down." :smallannoyed:

DoomITP
2011-01-02, 12:46 PM
Grant will walk straight up to Lauretta. I don't know if clerics can sense evil but if so, this is NOT a nice guy. :smalltongue:

You have one second to get out of my way.

happyturtle
2011-01-02, 12:48 PM
Temple

Grant might want to react to the morningstar that got swung at him in Earl's post. And then there will still be 6 clerics between him and Lauretta.

But no, none of my characters can detect evil, because I don't like alignments. :smalltongue:

Beans
2011-01-02, 12:50 PM
[Entry]
Grant, hold on. If we can do this without punching everyone in the face, I'd sort of like that.

Okay, first, it's not my fault that people threw burny things at your building. Or that your building is flammable.

Second, I wanna see my daughter.
Odd that a neko and a planar are apparently the parents of an elf gal that looks about their age.

DoomITP
2011-01-02, 12:52 PM
Grant ducks under the morning star and will attempt to stab the area that is the least likely to be covered by armor on the lead figure, the neck.

Pesty! Being nice time is over, that guy tried to take my head off!

happyturtle
2011-01-02, 12:56 PM
Temple

Insects, scorpions, centipedes, and other creepy crawlies swarm out of the ground and try to crawl all over Grant, Pesty, Decker, and Kal. It looks to Lauretta, and probably the rest of the clerics too, that Grant and Pesty are part of the devil firebombing party.

Decker screams and flails.

Beans
2011-01-02, 12:58 PM
[Temple]
That's 'cause you ran in waving a dagger like you're Captain Stabbityface or someth---ACK!
Pesty scrambles back from the crawlies.
Gah! I just wanna see my daughter!
Grant, get back here and stop trying to kill stuff or you'll piss them off even more!

Baeleck
2011-01-02, 12:59 PM
[A Street Corner, Null Zone]

On a street near one of the innumerable marketplaces of Inside, there is a small crowd gathered. A variety of folk, young and old, have collected on the corner to watch something or other... it's hard to see, with everyone clustered in tight to get a glimpse of the action. All that can be seen from the outside of the crowd is the glow of something bright, and the occasional glimpse of flames, accompanied by the sound of intense fire, mixed with the sparse sounds of cheering and clapping.

On the other side of the wall of people, there is a single performer, armed with a long pole with two flaming wicker heads; a firedancer. He's just entered the finale of his routine - currently being balanced on one hand, with the stick bouncing and spinning with great speed between each of his bare feet. Some of the crowd cower away, afraid perhaps that the pole will come flying towards them, but as the performer gives a final flourish and pushes himself back up to his feet, they all move in further again.

Now the man is back on his feet, the crowd can get a proper look at him. The most notable thing he wears is a dragon skull, of adequate size, over his head, and through the sockets one can tell his face has been painted black. His muscular arms have extensive red tattoos which spread up from his wrists all the way to his torso. He has a sleeveless leather top which hugs his form tightly, and similar leather gloves over his hands. A pair of ripped canvas trousers complete his outfit.

Twirling the pole at astounding speed, he completes the routine by spitting fire from the pole, sending a quick series of miniature fireballs flaring into the air. The crowd applauds, and begins to disperse, many of them throwing down coins into a shallow ceramic bowl at the front of the scene. The skull-headed man takes a seat, dowsing the flaming rod in a bucket of water, and silently watches everyone depart. He enjoys the thrill of the performance, but the knowing that he had to make a living from it weighs heavy on his mind.

Once the last few stragglers have left, he quickly hops over to the bowl and gathers up the coins. It wasn't a bad pickings. He sighs. He needed more stamina - he needed to do more performances a day, and longer ones too.

Scooping up the money, he deposits it into a box and flops down against the wall to watch the crowds.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-02, 01:05 PM
[Null Zone Street Corner]

That was really cool. Sol says, tossing a coin into the bowl.

DoomITP
2011-01-02, 01:14 PM
I don't really care! Now if you don't mind, especially since I had a plan in the first place and you did not, let me work.

Grant says before breathing deeply and releasing his dark energy from every direction, just throwing or throwing and burning the creatures that are trying to crawl on him.

Baeleck
2011-01-02, 01:15 PM

The man looks up, a bit surprised. Not quite everybody had left. He stares over at Sol, his own black eyes staring hard to pick out in the huge dark eye sockets of the skull. He merely nods in acknowledgement to Sol's encouraging words. Not the talkative type, apparently.

iElf
2011-01-02, 01:42 PM
Din nods
"I want you to get in there incase **** hits the fan,..."

Darkcomet
2011-01-02, 01:44 PM
[Govt Complex]

"Thank you, sir."
Grace says, taking his knowledge in stride as she gives a polite bow. After all, why shouldn't she? That weird Maxios guy always seemed to know what was going on the moment it happened- surely the Empire would be much better informed than a single man.
"You are General Noir, I presume?"

"Yes. Security already informed me of why you're here, so if you wish to make your case now, you may." Grace may notice that the General's being remarkably non-dismissive, considering the circumstances.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-02, 01:48 PM
Seeing the performer doesn't wish to talk, Sol just keeps walking.

Baeleck
2011-01-02, 01:51 PM

The performer hops up and sweeps the coin out of the bowl, holds it up, then goes and pops it in his money box, with all the rest.

Then back to slumping against the wall he goes.

AmberVael
2011-01-02, 02:20 PM
"Yes. Security already informed me of why you're here, so if you wish to make your case now, you may." Grace may notice that the General's being remarkably non-dismissive, considering the circumstances.

[Govt Complex]

Grace inclines her head in a respectful manner before proceeding.
"I admit I am not fully informed of the reasons behind your ban of LANTERN activity within Inside, but I do know the general circumstances. The vast majority of the actions leading towards LANTERN's ban were conducted under the leadership of one Maxios, who is no longer associated with the organization I now head, known as Aurora.
"Further, many of the individuals who were among LANTERN's first members are no longer among us- there are only one or two left. In effect, Aurora is practically a new organization."
She gestures with one hand.
"Further, I have been attempting to implement new directions and goals to guide our members into taking correct actions and decisions that will promote constructive behavior, including cooperation. Our goals and methods should be much improved from the past.
"This said, it is understandable that you might worry that we would inherit some of the negatives from the past of organization, especially given that only a brief time has passed. As such, I do not expect you to take all I have said on faith alone. In order to reassure you that our operations are legitimate and helpful to Inside at large, I am willing to put all of our actions there under the direct scrutiny of the Empire. We would report our any actions we take to your men, and would work with any concerns or directions given to us, provided they fall within Aurora directives and the boundaries of common sense.
"Eventually, I would hope this connection shifts from a probationary watch to a sort of cooperation, with both groups assisting the other in performing their roles as needed."

Darkcomet
2011-01-02, 02:47 PM
[Govt Complex]

"Hm. As I understand it, all of the individuals that provided the reasons for the original ban on LANTERN are gone or dead. Your proposal sounds quite acceptable, so I don't believe I will update the terms of the ban to cover Aurora rather than LANTERN." It seems the General is keeping Maxios alone banned.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 02:49 PM
Abandoned House

Ted ducks under the slow stake, extremely quick, then puts the tip of his boot under the chair before kicking it at Anatolij.

He doesn't seem inclined to draw any weapons yet.

Anyone familiar with the children's rhyme would know the next line of that verse. The only warning there is, is a small scrape before part of the roof collapses on top of the section Reinholdt and the others were in as support pins are removed from above.

After all, it's "We All Fall Down".

The roof wreckage isn't too heavy, and the fall not that far, but it's still likely more than enough to knock them all down and there may be a few sharp nails or something to cause tetanus.

Those booster shots will likely be the most painful part. :smalleek:

Abandoned House

Dang. Reinholdt didn't catch the clue. At least he was paying attention to the ceiling.

About the only thing he can do is dive down to the floor and cover the back of head with his hands and take the brunt of the roof falling on him. At least he wasn't in kitty form.

"Oww..."
Unfortunately, it may take a little while to crawl back up out of the mess. Which is no doubt half the point. But he for all his tricks and items, he doesn't really have another option.

Oh. Unless Combat Mage or Heavy did something special. In which case, yay.

As Trooper#2 is reloading his crossbow, Anatolij dodges the chair. It doesn't take much effort, but it does interrupt his charge.

Heavy and Combat Mage slowly crawl from underneath the wreckage as well. Neither of them had the time to do anything.

Abandoned House

The two girlish giggles come closer, through the dust of the fallen pieces of house, and the people crawling out may feel extra weight as someone...something steps onto it. There's the hiss of metal scraping as something is drawn from it's sheath and one of the troopers will find themselves being attacked by a young teenage girl with a long knife, trying to find an opening in his armor. She has bite marks on her neck, but not as savagely as the ones Ted had bitten.

Reinholdt will see the other girl, likely her twin, step into view as well, drawing her own blade with a horrible smile.

Ted leaps across the room at the trooper with the crossbow, trying to reach him before he can load the weapon.

Previously, on Krazy Karl's...

Foro and his comrade Laura were battling the terribly talented and talkative trio of Kandy Konfectioners Called Krazy Karl next to a perilous plunge above the once placid pit of peanutbuttery perfection.

Daring Darling Devi had been dashing(devilishly) with her ruffled and ragged rescuees, towards the safe shelter of the egress labelled EXIT.

Disrespectful Dani Daringly Dodged the Corrupted Chocolate Candy Creature, while Running Rapidly, Roving 'Round the Room.

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 02:53 PM
[Krazy Karl's]

Devi beckons the chocolate people she is rescuing toward the exit! The temperature mage keeps an eye out for any other candy monsters and avoids the fighting, and thus the others in the group she came in with. She hopes they can look after themselves.

AmberVael
2011-01-02, 02:55 PM
[Govt Complex]

"That is very much appreciated, General Noir."
Grace says, giving a bow.
"That is all I had to discuss with you. Unless you have something you wish to add, I will be on my way- I'm sure you have many things to attend to."

Morty
2011-01-02, 03:03 PM
[Abandoned House]

Desperately, as he's beaten, bruised and bleeding, the Combat Mage thrusts his arms in front of him, casting a short-range fire spell at the vampire. Heavy hasn't managed to get free yet.

Meanwhile, Trooper#2 can't do much to save himself except for dropping his crossbow and assuming a defensive stance, as there's no time to draw a short range weapon. However, Anatolij tries to intercept Ted with a slash of his sabre, which is glowing hot at this point.

Lord Magtok
2011-01-02, 03:07 PM
[MagMart, Registers, at the Head of a Queue of Disgruntled Shoppers]

"If it was for myself I would have given up by now, but it's a gift and you are the only retailer of the mundane I've found here. And no, Tom can't just buy one for himself, it needs to be gifted to him--" She breaks off as a MagMinion with a MagMote of MagAuthority (sorry folks, the alliteration only goes so far) steps to the head of the queue. . .

The MagMinion attempts to take the gift card away, scan it with the price scanner, and then stuff a handful of his own money into the register.

There you go, ma'am. If you see Tom, let him know we're all worried. He's been a bit...out of it lately.

Darkcomet
2011-01-02, 03:10 PM
[Govt Complex]

"That is very much appreciated, General Noir."
Grace says, giving a bow.
"That is all I had to discuss with you. Unless you have something you wish to add, I will be on my way- I'm sure you have many things to attend to."

"Indeed. The guard will escort you out. Good luck with Maxios if he comes back again." The hologram vanishes after that, and the guard will indeed escort Grace out of the complex.

Gullara
2011-01-02, 03:11 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech- Servant's Quarters]

Samantha shakes her head, "No, they can't hurt me." she looks conflicted for a moment. "I've got to help them." she takes off towards the commotion.

Reinholdt
2011-01-02, 03:16 PM
[Abandoned House]

Reinholdt growls as weight stands on him. Makes getting out that much harder. He's not fully out yet either. But he can see and move an arm. One arm will have to suffice. Pulling out a small hold-out pistol, he fires at the vampire lady that's practically on top of him, the bullets mahogany tipped with small ampules of holy water in them.

iElf
2011-01-02, 03:23 PM

Samantha shakes her head, "No, they can't hurt me." she looks conflicted for a moment. "I've got to help them." she takes off towards the commotion.

Din frowns "no! stay here!"

Gullara
2011-01-02, 03:26 PM

Since I don't believe it is possible for Din to stop her, Samantha runs out anyway.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 03:37 PM
Abandoned House

The fire spell blasts the vampire back with a screech of pain as her face is burned away, leaving just a skull with charred flesh hanging off from around the wound. Even so, the rest of her head is relatively undamaged, and she turns her eyeless sockets towards the nearest beating heart, the Heavy's before letting out a hiss between her exposed jaws.

Reinholdt's bullets rip through the other girl's stomach and she screams, her body igniting. Even as the flames consume her, she makes one last lunge at him, claws outstretched to try and tear him apart.

Ted ignores the vicious wound Anatolij inflicts on his arm, leaving his left forearm charred and oozing, still intent on attacking the other trooper. If he's able to close far enough, he'll kick at the trooper's knee, trying to use his unholy strength to snap it.

Morty
2011-01-02, 03:45 PM
[Abandoned House]

The Heavy gets stabber a couple of times, but luckily the vampire girl's knife bounces off his armor. He finally manages to free one of his arms enough to grab a piece of debris and make a swing at the vampire's arm.

Trooper#2 gets kicked in the knee, which breaks with a sickening crunch. Screaming out in pain, he desperately grabs a handgun. Anatolij, meanwhile, tries to strike Ted's neck from behind, taking advantage of the fact that the vampire has turned his back to him.

Reinholdt
2011-01-02, 03:48 PM
Abandoned House

Reinholdt eeps and drops the gun in favor of grabbing a large, sturdy piece of nearby debris and use it to protect his face and neck. Doesn't do much for his chest and arms, which is protected some with his flak vest, but not as much as he'd like. That's a lot of bleeding.

He tries to suddenly shift his weight to one side to throw the vampire off balance and off of him.

iElf
2011-01-02, 03:50 PM

Since I don't believe it is possible for Din to stop her, Samantha runs out anyway.

Din sighs, and sits down on the bed "have you got anything to do around here?"

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 03:56 PM

The dagger bounces off the morningstar-man's armour. "Don't throw a molotov into a Temple's Altar room, kick the door down and then try and kill the priests with explosives if you are trying to rescue Din! All you needed to do is ask and I would have shown you where she is." It seems that Terrowin is under the impression that Kal is working with Pesty & Grant.

Rebecka tries to stop Samantha as well, but likely fails. Tamara shakes her head at Din's question. When they aren't working, they're either getting changed or sleeping. They have quite a tiring life. Eirik has fallen asleep.

I don't think there's anybody here to hear the end of the chanting now the fires are out and the basement's been opened.

Gullara
2011-01-02, 03:58 PM
[Temple of Dalachrech- Entrance Way]

Samantha comes to where the two groups are facing off and looks angrily at those attacking her new friends.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 04:11 PM
[Abandoned House]

The Heavy gets stabber a couple of times, but luckily the vampire girl's knife bounces off his armor. He finally manages to free one of his arms enough to grab a piece of debris and make a swing at the vampire's arm.

Trooper#2 gets kicked in the knee, which breaks with a sickening crunch. Screaming out in pain, he desperately grabs a handgun. Anatolij, meanwhile, tries to strike Ted's neck from behind, taking advantage of the fact that the vampire has turned his back to him.

Abandoned House

Reinholdt eeps and drops the gun in favor of grabbing a large, sturdy piece of nearby debris and use it to protect his face and neck. Doesn't do much for his chest and arms, which is protected some with his flak vest, but not as much as he'd like. That's a lot of bleeding.

He tries to suddenly shift his weight to one side to throw the vampire off balance and off of him.

The piece of rubble is enough to snap the girl's arm at the elbow and she lets out scream of pain after being knocked aside.

The other girl is thrown off and tries to get back up, but the flames finally consume all her flesh, leaving just a skeleton to clatter to the ground into a heap.

Anatolij's blade will feel as if it hit nothing at all, but suddenly Ted stops everything he's doing, frozen in place. For a moment, nothing seems to happen, but his body shakes and falls to it's knee's, his mostly decapitated head flipping forward, exposing the dead flesh inside his body. No blood pours out, the arteries and veins empty. Instead, he seems to turn gray, beginning to turn to stone.

Beans
2011-01-02, 04:13 PM

The dagger bounces off the morningstar-man's armour. "Don't throw a molotov into a Temple's Altar room, kick the door down and then try and kill the priests with explosives if you are trying to rescue Din! All you needed to do is ask and I would have shown you where she is." It seems that Terrowin is under the impression that Kal is working with Pesty & Grant.

WE didn't do any of that! You got problems with things blowing up, you deal with them! Pesty points to the devils behind her.
We just want our daughter back!

Morty
2011-01-02, 04:17 PM
[Abandoned House]

As the vampire girl is knocked aside, the Combat Mage casts his other prepared fire spell at her. Heavy, meanwhile, resumes his attempts to get free.

As Ted's body turns to stone, both Anatolij and Trooper#2 fire a couple of bullets at it. Trooper#2 is, of course, on the ground, his vision somewhat clouding with pain.

iElf
2011-01-02, 04:20 PM
Temple - Servants quarters

Din lays down in the empty bed, and watches the others. would she see the chains in the position she's in?

Reinholdt
2011-01-02, 04:30 PM
[Abandoned House]

Reinholdt finishes crawling out of the rubble this time and works on grabbing his sniper rifle out from under there too now so he can kill anything else that approaches.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 04:37 PM
Abandoned House

The bullets hit the stone with dull thuds, unable to penetrate. Nothing else happens to him except he turns solid, the floorboards groaning under the new weight.

The girl is blasted again and she screams in pain as flames engulf her. Her screams last longer than they should as she tries to bat away the fire that's eating at her painfully, every last moment of her unholy life one of agony...

Reinholdt
2011-01-02, 04:49 PM
Abandoned House

Reinholdt manages to get his rifle out and aim a single shot at the girl's heart. Same type of bullet.

Morty
2011-01-02, 04:51 PM
[Abandoned House]

Anatolij walks around Ted, observing him. He suspects this to be some sort of trick.

Combat Mage and Heavy, meanwhile, get free from under the debris.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 04:54 PM
Abandoned House

Nothing happens to Ted. Probably because his head has been nearly severed. :smalltongue:

The vampire girl is shot, and her screaming stops, her body falling to the ground like a limp rag as it continues to burn.

Morty
2011-01-02, 04:57 PM
[Abandoned House]

Anatolij helps Trooper#2 up and gives him a healing potion that does little more than dull the pain. They begin to walk towards the exit.

As for the other pair, Heavy looks around with his gun in hand while Combat Mage surveys the state of the labyrinth.

Reinholdt
2011-01-02, 04:59 PM
[Abandoned House]

Reinholdt breathes heavily and starts working on his wounds, tying them off to try and stop the bleeding. It's going to be a close call either way.

Which is why, still desperate to kill Ted, he drinks his last healing potion. He has zero left. And he still looks the worse for the wear.
"Come on." He says quietly before continuing down the maze.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 05:02 PM
Abandoned House

The maze is still there, but depending on what paths they take, there's a good chance they'll run into each other. Nothing else seems to be leaping out at them at the moment.

Morty
2011-01-02, 05:05 PM
[Abandoned House]

As Combat Mage and Heavy start walking, the former suddenly stops, having gotten a message through his comlink. Yes, Anatolij. Got it. He then turns to Reinholdt. Anatolij says that he bagged the vampire, the trooper who went with him is wounded and we should head to the exit where we'll meet up with them.

Rebonack
2011-01-02, 05:10 PM
[Slums]

*bzzzZORT!*

That sound is shortly followed by a teeny, minuscule voice yelling "Help meeee!".

Why such a teeny voice?

Well, probably because that hobo just got blasted with a shrink ray. But by what you ask? By none other than...!

The illustrious Doctor Moondoh! A hulking wall of a man dressed in a far-too tight lab coat and a pair of dashing purple Hulk Pants! His hair is wild and singed, as though he had recently had something explode in his face. And for whatever reason his complexion is a lovely shade of green. The being's veins show up as bright electric blue glowing under his skin.

He rubs his chin thoughtfully for a few moments before picking up the miniaturized hobo and sticking him in a jar. "Moondoh feel this experiment working well. Need bigger sample size still. Moondoh find more hobos."

Reinholdt
2011-01-02, 05:13 PM
[Abandoned House]

"Hmm... hold up. Vampires can dominate people. It could be a trap. We best make sure he's dead with our own eyes." Reinholdt continues further into the maze rather than towards the exit, looking for Ted's supposed resting place.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 05:15 PM

"If somebody firebombed your house, smash the front door, throw explosives through the doorway, and then two people ran in and started attacking, would you think the two events are linked, or coincidence? Lauretta, please show these two to the Servant's Quarters. I believe that is where our guests are staying." Terrowin doesn't sound as angry as his words would seem. His expression might help, but that full-face helmet really isn't helping. Then, turning to the spectral girl that just flew in, Terrowin says something else. "Samantha, we know what we are doing and whilst I appreciate that it is unlikely, I would not like to see you hurt. Please, return to the Servant's Quarters." The clerics certainly do look prepared for something like this; they're all armoured and armed, so it's unlikely that Samantha will recognise them with their helmets on.

Din might be able to see some of the chains; they're quite far back, although there's little to conceal them. The bed, incidently, has quite a thin mattress and isn't very comfortable. Rebecka and Tamara seem to be playing rock-paper-scissors silently.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 05:15 PM
Abandoned House

No traps go off, and no new enemies come out, but Reindholdt will find Ted's stone body on it's knees, head hanging by a thread.

(You don't need to wait for me any longer for the most part. :smallsmile:)

happyturtle
2011-01-02, 05:17 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"Certainly, Most Reverend." she says respectfully to Terrowin. Then, "Please, follow me," Lauretta says. Assuming Grant ceases hostilities, the insects and such will crawl off of him and Din, and she will lead them into the temple.

Morty
[Abandoned House]

Looks pretty dead to me, says the Heavy. I guess we might try to smash it to pieces just to be one hundred percent sure.

Anatolij and Trooper#2 wait for the rest by the exit.

iElf

Din might be able to see some of the chains; they're quite far back, although there's little to conceal them. The bed, incidently, has quite a thin mattress and isn't very comfortable. Rebecka and Tamara seem to be playing rock-paper-scissors silently.

Din won't see them properly ...but looks around the place "...we really need to get you better lodging...you're being treated like slaves..."

Reinholdt
2011-01-02, 05:27 PM
[Abandoned House]

Looks pretty dead to me, says the Heavy. I guess we might try to smash it to pieces just to be one hundred percent sure.

Anatolij and Trooper#2 wait for the rest by the exit.

"Yes, let's please." Reinholdt looks around for something big and heavy he can use to smash the statue into a whole bunch of pieces.
He kinda... really hates Ted and is incredibly angry he didn't get to kill him himself.

Gullara
2011-01-02, 05:29 PM
Temple of Dalachrech

"Certainly, Most Reverend." she says respectfully to Terrowin. Then, "Please, follow me," Lauretta says. Assuming Grant ceases hostilities, the insects and such will crawl off of him and Din, and she will lead them into the temple.

Samantha looks reluctant to leave, but she nods to Terrowin and follows Lauretta.

((Sporadic posting at best))

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 05:29 PM

Rebecka and Tamara smile at Din's words, but make no other reply. Possibly because their tongues have been cut out. They also continue their game. Eirik continues sleeping.

Baeleck
2011-01-02, 05:30 PM

It's later, and the fire-dancing performer has packed up for the day, having put all his bits of equipment away and collected the rest of his belongings together. The amount of change he'd accumulated for the day was less than he'd hoped for.

Looks like he's in for another night on the street.

At the moment, he's chewing away on a balanced but basic meal of bread, beef, an apple and a bowl of hot broth, which he's cooked up all himself. He's also taken that skull of his off. He's got this head of glossy black hair, and handsome dark eyes to match. He doesn't look much happy, though, frowning deeply as he munches away. Perhaps that's how he always looks.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 05:31 PM
Abandoned House

There's plenty of large objects, but mostly wooden or pieces of furniture, nothing capable of smashing a solid stone statue to pieces.

iElf
2011-01-02, 05:32 PM

Rebecka and Tamara smile at Din's words, but make no other reply. Possibly because their tongues have been cut out. They also continue their game. Eirik continues sleeping.

Din will try to give them each a quick medical check up if they let her

Morty
2011-01-02, 05:33 PM
[Abandoned House]

Give me a moment... The Combat Mage summons one of his prepared spells and casts it after slightly modifying it. The spell tries to extert force on the statue from the inside, shattering it. Regardless of the result, the Combat Mage is drained afterwards.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 05:36 PM

Eirik, being asleep, doesn't give consent but doesn't stop Din either should she try to examine him. He sleeps lightly, though, and attempting to open his mouth will wake him, as will trying to move his clothing. Rebecka and Tamara are healthy, surprisingly fit, but won't take their clothing off, or allow it to be removed, or open their mouths. There is no sign of abuse or neglect on their arms, heads or legs, nor, in Tamara's case, her tail.

Reinholdt
2011-01-02, 05:39 PM
[Abandoned House]

Give me a moment... The Combat Mage summons one of his prepared spells and casts it after slightly modifying it. The spell tries to extert force on the statue from the inside, shattering it. Regardless of the result, the Combat Mage is drained afterwards.

Reinholdt frowns and waits to see if it works.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 05:42 PM
Abandoned House

The statue doesn't break apart completely, but hundreds of cracks and fissures reach the surface, and small chunks fall to the ground, including the head, it's integrity broken.

iElf
2011-01-02, 05:42 PM
Servants quarters

Din is slightly suspicious at the girls not wanting to open their mouths, but then lays back down

Morty
2011-01-02, 05:44 PM
[Abandoned House]

I think that's good enough. Let's move. The Combat Mage just nods, too tired to speak.

Reinholdt
2011-01-02, 05:46 PM
[Abandoned House]

"Fine." Reinholdt moves to grab the stone Ted head and hammerspace it though before following. He'd offer the Combat Mage help, but he's pretty tired himself.

((deadtime))

Lord Magtok
2011-01-02, 05:48 PM
Somewhere above the Slums

SIR! I REALLY DON'T THINK THIS IS A VERY GOOD IDEA! THE EMPIRE MIGHT HAVE SOME SORT OF REGULATIONS ABOUT AIRSPACE, THE CHUTE MIGHT NOT WORK, YOU COULD-

Magtok rolls his eyes at the overcautious Magbot pilot, and steps up towards the edge of the plane. The wind screams and rustles and blows all about him and his purple jumpsuit, uncertain whether it wants to try to suck him out of the aircraft or throw him onto his back.

Magbot #1442, if I spent all my time thinking about consequences of my actions, I'd end up like that boring gentleman with the omni-mart or whatever, worrying about upsetting the delicate balance of the universe every time I tip a waiter too much.

WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE WIND!

I SAID...NEVERMIND WHAT I SAID! JUST TAKE US A TEENSY BIT SOUTH! I'M AIMING FOR THE HOBO WITH THE LAB COAT AND HULK PANTS!

The Magbot nods in affirmation, and moves the MagPlane accordingly. Magtok takes a few steps back, tightens his shiny red goggles, and then takes a running LEAP out of the plane.

WOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOOO!

It's a long, long way down. Luckily, he's got some trusty new experimental antigravity boots to test, which-

Sir? This is your pilot, I'm calling you by the radio in your helmet. I think we had a mix-up. You told me that the green boots are antigravity, and the blue are the ones we were just going to throw at people, right?

What? No, the green boots were the ones we threw out the window, not...

...Oh fudge.

Well umm...there's still the emergency parachute, right?

Oh, and the emergency parachute is at the dry cleaner's, since you got those coupons from Gordon.

Crap. Magtok activates his anti-gravity hover spine thingy, knowing full well that any chance of it slowing him down enough to prevent being reduced to a bloody stain on Red Zone pavement is minimal, at best. Hopefully Doctor Moondoh doesn't move around too much, his cushiony wall of muscle is Maggy's last hope for a safe non-lethal landing.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 05:52 PM

Rebecka will approach Din and flash a rock, paper, scissors with her right hand, asking if Din would like to play. Unless Din's fallen asleep, anyway.

Tamara, meanwhile, has laid down on her bed and is staring at the cieling.

iElf
2011-01-02, 05:57 PM
Din smiles "yes please. I'd love to play" she gets ready!

Rebonack
2011-01-02, 05:58 PM
[Slums]

*bzzzZORP!*

This time around there isn't any teeny plee for help. No, this time there's a rather disgusting *splortch!* as a totally innocent hobo is turned inside out. Suffice to say the result is really really messy.

Doctor Moondoh "Hhhmmm..."s, rubbing his chin thoughtfully before making a little check-mark in his handy water-proof field notebook! He then raises a tape recorder and begins speaking into it.

"Moondoh find fourteenth test of fifty three to explode. That twenty six point four two fail rate. Moondoh find fail rate too high, but even hundred needed for good sample size. Moondoh think recalibration of atomic implosion matrix in order for next experimental run."

Hey...

What's that whistling sound? Yeah, sort of a whistling mixed with a high-pitch girly scream?

The 'good' Doctor glances up in time to spot a MagSpeck rapidly growing in size as it approaches. Several ideas race through Moondoh's mind. He could just side-step, allowing the power of inertia to solve Magtok's problem...

...or he could be a proper man of SCIENCE! and intervene in a way that could help both of them!

The hulk of a scientist points his funny sci-fi raygun at Magtok and pulls the trigger! Provided his aim isn't off Maggy will get blasted by the shrink ray! A Magtok the size of an ear-wig would lose a significant amount of kinetic energy from the lost mass. What's more, his terminal velocity would be much lower. A fall for a mini-Mag would be far from lethal.

..of course... There's a twenty six (point four two) percent chance that Magtok just explodes instead like a certain pig-lizard.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 06:08 PM

Rebecka will start with a rock. Tamara continues staring at the cieling. Eirik is still asleep.

iElf
2011-01-02, 06:09 PM
Temple

Din sighs , and lets some flowers grow all around the room

Lord Magtok
2011-01-02, 06:14 PM
Slums

Magtok opens his eyes...and looks around himself in shock. He knew that guy he was aiming to stomp on was going to be big, but this is, quite frankly, ridiculous. And since when did Red Zone pavement get so darned bumpy and so poorly constructed? There are bumps around here almost as tall as he is.

Even for the Red Zone, that's just disgusting. Someone ought to complain to whoever's in charge of that sort of thing. Not sure who, though. Probably the regional mayor, or a zoning commission, or some other fancy government thing he never bothered to think about.

He could ask Mr. Ridiculously Huge over there to register his complaint. It'd probably take him only about three steps to get to the appropriate government office, after all. Then again, he's probably so huge he doesn't even notice 'little' bumps on the streets or alleys like this. Oh well, it probably won't hurt to ask.

Hey you! Giant guy! These roads are ridiculously malformed and ugly and full of humongous lumps! Would you do me a favor and complain to the government about this? I mean, even with the vampire issue slowing down regular maintenance, this is ridiculous.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 06:16 PM

Rebecka's eyes widen with wonder, and when Tamara notices the flowers, she gets up and smells one. Eirik, boringly, is still asleep. Rebecka will try to pluck one and push it into her hair, after smelling it, of course.

iElf
2011-01-02, 06:23 PM
Din smiles "do you like them?"

Rebonack
2011-01-02, 06:27 PM
[Slums]

Nothing like a change in perspective to make you realize just how lumpy everything is!

And wouldn't you know it, Mister McBigHuge doesn't seem to be able to hear Magtok at all. Nor did he see exactly where he landed! Seems the Doctor is looking around this very moment to try to find the tiny metal man!

Of course, since Magtok is so small at the moment it's only a matter of time before something really cliched happens.

Y'know.

Like a totally normal sized any spotting him and deciding that he's food.

Hey look!

Here comes one now!

An ant about the size of a horse comes skittering toward the cyborg at a rather stupidly fast pace, no doubt intent on devouring him.

"Now where did falling man go Moondoh wonders?"

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 06:29 PM

Rebecka nods, and Tamara is smiling, and seems to be making a daisy chain.

iElf
2011-01-02, 06:38 PM

Rebecka nods, and Tamara is smiling, and seems to be making a daisy chain.

Din giggles, and lays down on the bed…this time she sees the chains...and goes to see if what she saw was right...

Lord Magtok
2011-01-02, 06:46 PM
Slums

Normally, a giant, horse-sized insect would be enough to convince someone they've been shrunk in size. Maybe not right away, but surely after escaping the thing one might figure it out, right?

Aaack! Giant ant monster that's not quite as big as that giant hobo guy but still pretty damned big!

Not so with our Maggy here in the Nexus. A giant ant is just about as ordinary as anything out here in the slums, so there's no reason to believe that any change in size has occurred.

Get away, you hideous insectoid Kafka beast!

He reaches into the extradimensional space of his robes to pull out some sort of weapon to fend off the horrid monster. It seems like Maggy's about to engage in an exciting and dramatic battle against the bug, only to accidentally drop a gigantic revolver on the thing!

...Why the boop did I have a gun that big?

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 06:51 PM

Under the bed are chains set into the floor ending with a large, hinged iron ring with a simple, yet heavy, lock. It looks designed to go around somebody's neck. As soon as Din starts to look under the bed, though, Rebecka picks up part of a broken chair that was in for repair. Rebecka will then try to knock Din out with the chair; they have orders not to let non-cultists see the chains, not that they are used very often.

iElf
2011-01-02, 06:55 PM
Din will have a look at the chains , and then be knocked out by the chair...she will wake up about 20 minutes later

Earl of Purple
2011-01-02, 07:06 PM

The three temple-slaves won't restrain Din in that twenty minutes, but will hide the chains much better and arrange Din on the bed like she was asleep. The position should be right; they've probably watched her whilst she was here.

And I'm Deadtiming now, so maybe Pesty and Grant will arrive before Din wakes up.

Rebonack
2011-01-02, 07:08 PM
[Slums]

The 'giant' ant is unceremoniously smushed by the gun. Not really too much more to add to that particular event.

But the sudden appearance of a revolver on the ground clues in the good doctor regarding the Mini-Mag's position! Just look around by the firearm and-

"Ah! There you is tiny man! Moondoh think you lucky he was here to shrink!" he then reaches down with one of his giant meaty hands to grab Magtok and stick him in a jar with a bunch of smelly hobos.

The hobos may or may not regard him fondly.

"Moondoh glad you not explode. Moondoh still have chance for sub-twenty five percent fail rate!"

Should Magtok find himself in the jar the 'doctor' will continue building his data set by shooting random transients with his shrink ray.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 07:40 PM
[Null Zone Street]

A brightly decorated wagon is being driven down the street. On the sides are painted, "Trahald's Itinerant Apothecary And Toyshop" in large and flowing letters. There's a tall and prematurely balding human with a fancy sword driving the thing, and a large raven-looking dude perched on the top.

The wagon moves along slowly, regularly stopping to allow a slight and silly-looking guy to call out things in a surprisingly good stage voice, "Come one, come all, to Trahald's Itinerant Apothecary And Toyshop! Swollen foot, stubborn barwench, simple boredom? We sell the cure-all at unbelievable prices!" is one example. He also juggles knives, breathes fire, and performs various magic tricks, to draw a crowd.

At the moment, the wagon has stopped to allow Trahald to rummage around in the wagon and pull out a red potion, which he sells to a desperate-looking young man. "There you are! That should do you just fine! And may I say what a fine choice you've made? Most people come to me the day before Valentine's, and I just give 'em the old snake oil, half the time. This stuff, though? Keep dosing the lovely lady up, and she'll be ready for you, just in time!" Trahald hasn't been keeping his voice any manner of low, and a few passers by perk their ears up.

Baeleck
2011-01-02, 07:53 PM
[Null Zone Street]

As the wagon draws to a halt, the fire-dancer glances up. He had just about nodded off to sleep, and then look what comes along! A terribly loud and garish caravan, selling who-knows what. Grumpily, he gets up stretches his legs, his sleep now thoroughly disturbed.

Still, he was glad that it had come along now, rather than earlier. If it had rolled up half way through a show, that would have really peeved him off. From his corner, he listens in to Trahald. How were people falling for that rubbish? As a few more passers-by begin to amble towards the wagon, the man grunts and shakes his head. He felt complacent that his line of work was an honest one. Not only that, it was an art form...

Looking over at his skull mask, he feels as though he might be able to manage one last performance this evening...

Lord Magtok
2011-01-02, 08:05 PM
[Slums]

Magtok ends up in the jar, having been briefly stunned by Moondoh's booming voice and made incapable of resisting. By the time his ears stop ringing, he's face to face with a bunch of smelly hobos.

Well...fudge.

Hey...umm, homeless people? Did shrink-guy say where he was taking us, or what he was going to do with us?

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 08:13 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trahald waves to Garth in a friendly manner, but he pounces on a couple that looks a little shy about approaching. "Good evening, folks! What can I get for you?" The balding dude driving the wagon doesn't look to be settling in, as Trahald babbles on about his wares. He "Harumph!"s to himself and habitually scans the streets, as if for threats. When he notices Garth's mask, he sneers a bit but keeps looking around.

Trahald appears to idly pluck knives out of the air and starts casually juggling a few, as he continues, "I have a potion that will make your home smell like roses for months! Or has your little one already broken his Thanksmas toys? Rimpalome there makes 'em sturdy!" He points at the raven-looking dude on top of the wagon, who chooses that moment to squawk and flit up to a nearby rooftop.

Baeleck
2011-01-02, 08:23 PM
Garth's sharp eyes notice that sneer, and thus the metaphorical gauntlet has been thrown down. With another grunt, he quickly dons his mask and fishes out his bits of kit. Various staffs and sticks are turfed haphazardly from his pack, until he draws out two chains, each with a round, weighted wick at the end; a set of poi.

It takes him mere moments to light them up, and still without speaking, begins his dance. The poi race through the air faster and faster, leaving bright trails and creating their characteristic sound - a combination of crackling and whooshing as they hurtle around.

A few people begin to gather; others are caught between the wagon and the show, paralysed with indecision. At the moment, though, the fact that Trahald is louder than Garth is working in his favour, with people now approaching from a lot further down the street.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 08:37 PM
[Null Zone Street]

The balding dude grits his teeth, as the crowd grows. He stands up to better survey them, hand on his sword. A few people approach him and start demanding service, though, so he grimaces and is kept fairly busy with popping in and out of the wagon.

Trahald grins and laughs with surprise, when Garth's show gets going. He stops juggling, when he sees that people are being indecisive and slides his way closer, where he speaks with the crowd, as if he's just one of them. He chatters on, with such things as, "Oh, he's quite good, isn't he? Hope he doesn't get burned! Ah, but Trahald's has burn ointments, you know! Oh, and look at his mask! How cute! I wonder if he has any dragon blood in him? Trahald's has potions for blood testing, too! I'm sure that this guy's safe, but what if your neighbor is actually a demigod? Wouldn't want to offend him, would you?"

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-02, 08:46 PM
[Null Zone Street]

As she takes a walk through the streets, Silva's attention is drawn by the crowd gathering around the cart and the dancer. Curious, she decides to investigate it.

Her eyes are immediately caught by the fire dancer. She watches the flames twirl around the man as he performs. She feels the flames themselves, dancing through the air.

She smiles.

Baeleck
2011-01-02, 08:53 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Well, he certainly has a way with words, Garth thinks, as he continues to spin and weave. Words weren't that important, though. He got by without using them, after all.

Now that he had fully warmed up (no pun intended), Garth can really get the show on the road. He jumps, crouches, and then launches himself into a spin, turning head over heels and rising a good six feet off the ground, before thumping back onto his feet, all the while criss-crossing the flaming poi. With a slide of his foot, he hooks his money bowl out from its space underneath his chair and slides it up to the front of the crowd.

His launch into the sky had made him more visible, now. Heads turn, and a few people begin clapping a beat.

Yes, Garth didn't use noise. Soon the audience would be doing that for him.

Rebonack
2011-01-02, 08:57 PM
The hobos have no idea where the shrinky guy is taking them. Though it has become clear that he really likes to speak int he third person for some reason. Despite this it becomes clear pretty fast that they are being taken to-

[Doctor Moondoh's Secret Lab]

"Moondoh very disappointed..." the hulking green man sighs as he sets several jars filled with shrunk people down on his work bench. "Fail rate at twenty five point three repeating. Moondoh want it below twenty five percent. Moondoh going to need to recalibrate and run new test for new data set."

That means another one hundred people getting shrunk.

Or exploded.

The mad scientist dumps out the jars onto a large platform and starts heading toward a massive switch built into the wall.

"Unshrinking ray still not working well, Moondoh thinks. Only ten percent success rate. Others get vaporized. Moondoh need to work on that problem next."

And then the lever is thrown!

ZOOOORP!

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 09:05 PM
Blue Zone-Apartments

Jezebel, a woman with lavender skin, guides Merrak to a good looking apartment complex, where she smiles and unlocks the door. If he follows, he'll guide him to one of the upper floors and to her place. When she opens the door, there's a faint smell of burning incense and it's all decorated in blues, purples and golds, in shades that seem to blend well together. She heads for the fridge and pulls out a bottle of red wine. "Need a bit more? The chess set is on the table." She says with a hint of a smile.

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 09:09 PM
[Blue Zone-Apartments]

Merrak's eyes go from side to side as he takes everything in. As always, the drow is searching for danger, but expects none. He nods in response to her question, matching her faint smile. The dark elf steps silently over to the chess set and examines the pieces.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 09:10 PM
[Null Zone Street]

As the crowd becomes more and more entranced by Garth's show, Trahald get more and more customers. When they start to drown him out with their rhythmic clapping, he grumbles to himself and drifts back to the wagon to catch people on the crowd's outskirts. He gives the large balding man a look, and the guy retreats into the wagon.

There, he gives people wry grins and hooks a thumb towards the show. "Good evening. Care for a kebob? Seems like the place for one." The big guy pops back out, bearing skewers and plates filled with meats and vegetables. Trahald starts selling those and snickering, as he waves them towards Garth.

A few people actually take their food over there, but most stick around for Trahald to show off his firebreathing to cook the food.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 09:12 PM
Blue Zone-Apartments

Merrak will see that the white pieces are made from some kind of ivory, and the black is of a strange smooth metal that feels warm to the touch. He won't be able to see any weapons, and she brings over the wine, passing him a glass as she sips her own. "Well, what do you think of the place?"

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-02, 09:13 PM
[Null Zone Street]

The young red head doesn't pay any attention to Trahald. She's too much into the dance. Mostly the flames themselves.

She's only seen a few people use flames in such a manner. And she loved it.

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 09:17 PM
[Blue Zone-Apartments]

"It is... nice. Reminds me of home, but it is not quite so... cold."

Merrak looks thoughtful as he takes the glass of wine and sips some. The drow positions himself on the black side of the board.

"What are these pieces made of?" :smallconfused:

Baeleck
2011-01-02, 09:21 PM
[Null Zone Street]

For the most part, Garth can't see what's going on over at the wagon any more, so large the crowds have grown and so hectic his dancing has become. He's cartwheeling and somersaulting and doing all sorts of fancy tricks with the poi, bouncing them off one another, swinging them up and round between his legs, and spiralling the chains around each other.

However, when the unmistakable sound of fire breathing echoes from over at the cart, and the intermittent glow of flames arises, Garth slows himself just a bit. This guy could pretty much do what he does - and more! With a low growl, he speeds up again, getting ready to spit some fire of his own.

((And I'll have to leave it there for today, for it is getting on for 2:30am here.:smalleek:))

Murkus
2011-01-02, 09:23 PM
[Null Zone Street]

A man sifts through the gathering crowd, middle aged and bearded, watching the show with a half-interest. He receives a couple smiles and handshakes from Null Zone folks that he treated with gifts or feasts on Thanksmas, but mostly just stays quiet.

Yannovick folds his hands behind his overcoated back and observes.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-02, 09:26 PM
[Channel 4 News, Special Report.]

All over the city, in an attempt to raise awareness of Channel 4's all NPC existence, TV screens are being set up in the streets to show the following report.

Hello, and welcome to Channel 4 News, Chan4, because once in a blue moon NPCs reporters are actually needed. I'm generic NPC #37- Oh, wait, I appear to have been given a name. Hi, I'm Tim, and this is a special report on LANTERN, the widely reviled "crimefighting" organization that has sparked so much speculation. Take it away Kim.

*The camera switches over to a woman, completely generic as she's an NPC, in front of a image of space.*

LANTERN has been called everything from a deathcult, to a crime cartel, to a superhero organization, but what is it really. Today, the chief PR advisor of LANTERN turned in this recording, in which the leader of LANTERN, Maxios, states the intentions and goals of LANTERN, and addresses the bombing of Hamlet, Homlet and Omelette. But is it really what it seems?

The report now switches to the video of Maxios. He stands in a docking bay of some sort, a spacefaring craft next to him, the entire Nexus serving as a backdrop to the following speech.

"As you know, good people of the Nexus, the towns of Hamlet, Homlet and Omlette have been bombed by an evil do'er. This is exactly why Inside has to remove it's ban on LANTERN! Who knows, maybe if there was no ban, many lives would've been saved. I will not tolerate evil in any of it's forms, be it monsters or the government! I will not allow any form of evil or corruption to exist, as long as I'm in the Nexus." Maxios says, his tone calm but menacing.

*The camera switches back to Kim*

This may seem like nothing more than a rather menacing threat to crack down on evil, but is that really what it is? Let's rewind. "This is exactly why Inside needs to remove it's ban on LANTERN? Who knows, maybe if there was no ban many lives would have been saved?" Sounds almost like a threat aimed at the Empire, "unban us or more will die". It could be dimissed as simply unfortunate phrasing, but the next part: "Evil in any of it's forms, monsters or the government?" That's clearly pointing an accussing finger at the Empire and calling it corrupt, and this next bit "I will not allow evil to exist?" Now, that's a noble goal, until you hear it in context with the rest of the sentence. Then, it sounds like what I fear it may be: A threat to attack the Empire if they do not remove their ban restricting LANTERN from Inside and it gets worse, as these following recordings clearly show.

*Video footage begins to play, taken from various observatories everywhere. It shows three objects being jettisoned from LANTERN HQ and falling to the Nexus. From there, different videos pick up the trail, some still shot from observatories, but an increasing number of cellphone videos among them. Now it shows the metal objects hitting the Nexus, landing directly in Homlet, Hamlet and Omelette. Then, a timeskip, night-time, and three searing flashes of light in the distance.*

As this damning and overwhelming tide of footage shows, three objects were launched from LANTERN HQ, and landed in Homlet, Hamlet and Omelette, the very same towns that were bombed. Coincidence? Although I am supposed to be, and I hope am, inbiased in my reporting, I cannot honestly bring myself to believe otherwise. This evidence, collected from everywhere, cell phones of concerned viewers, video camera's, even professional observatories, all shows the same thing. The bombs were launched from LANTERN HQ. Thank you for watching, we'll be right back, with LANTERN special report #2, right after these words from our sponsor.

-To be continued.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 09:35 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trahald continues to sell stuff, for however long Garth keeps his show up. He doesn't try to upstage him with his firebreathing or anything. He's just being lazy and taking advantage of the crowd. Any tricks that he performs would be kept minor and offhanded, but he would keep up the exaggerated advertisements for his burn cream. If ever Silva or Yannovick pay any attention to him, he'd tip an imaginary hat and bow. "Enjoying the show?"

((Aw, Trahald didn't get to send any interfering kabob-wielders at Garth? oh well. http://www.starwarsepics.com/forums/scarlet/smilies/rolleyes.gif Have fun, dude.))

Murkus
2011-01-02, 09:40 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Yannovick nods politely to Trahald, smiling a bit. "Indeed. The people here could use a little entertainment, I think."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-02, 09:44 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Silva just kind of absently nods as she watches.

Anybody near her might notice the air getting warmer.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 09:51 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Although he's new here and has no idea what problems the people here have been facing, Trahald nods his understanding to Yannovick. "Doesn't everyone?" While turning to roast a kebob of his own, he looks Yannovick up and down. "You, I think, could use one of these!"

He produces a small vial of a viscous green fluid from somewhere, pops the cork, and waves it around. "Smell that! Well, the smell doesn't matter," he sticks the cork back in and grins widely. "It takes a while to make, but this will get your hair as full as it ever was!"

I am not sure if Silva would be placed anywhere near Trahald, but if he was, he would look around curiously, then raise an eyebrow at her and wave his arms in an exaggerated, "You feel that?" manner.

Lord Magtok
2011-01-02, 09:57 PM
[Doctor Moondoh's Secret Lab]

"Unshrinking ray still not working well, Moondoh thinks. Only ten percent success rate. Others get vaporized. Moondoh need to work on that problem next."

And then the lever is thrown!

ZOOOORP!

Noooooo way is Magtok sticking around for something with a ten percent success rate. He flicks himself up into the air and drifts away like a teeny speck of dust, trying to hover away from that terrible vaporization beam.

MOONDOH, YOU'RE INSANE!

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 10:00 PM
Blue Zone- Apartments

The wine seems to tingle warmly down his throat, but not in a bad way hopefully. She takes one piece of both colors in her hands. "Tyranid carapace for white, and some kind of ore for the black, I don't know what it is." She sets them back and takes another sip of wine. She moves over to the incense stand to light another piece, and it's pale white smoke wafts through the air. It smells of lilac and lavender and may make him feel a touch light headed.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-02, 10:03 PM
[Null Zone Street]

For the sake of RPing, we'll say she is.

Silva sees the waving, and is confused for a moment. Then she feels the air around her, and gets it.

She grins sheepishly as the temperature goes back to normal.

Sorry about that...I was, uh...uh...getting into the show?

Murkus
2011-01-02, 10:05 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Oh, wait, player mistake. I'd thought the Null Zone was the same thing as the Red Zone.

In any case, Yannovick will probably look at the kabob curiously. He smiles. "Sure. I'm a bit hungry, actually."

Then he frowns at the next comment, reaching up to pat his head. "Hey! I don't need that stuff." His hairline is starting to recede a bit, actually. "Well. Hm."

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 10:07 PM
[Blue Zone-Apartments]

Merrak nods, though he's not sure what a Tyranid is. The wine and the incense... The drow blinks a bit to try to clear his head.

"Interesting. Let's get on with the game, then."

Hopefully focusing on the chess set will keep his mind sharp. Merrak isn't especially practiced with chess, but has a strategic mind.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 10:13 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trahald looks confused for a moment, then he "Urk!"s and hastily pushes a canister of burn cream that he had been displaying back into the wagon. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry if I have offended you, madam!" Assuming Silva to be some kind of creepy fire elemental type, he waves at the gathered NPC's. "Some can only be so comfortable with fire, you know. I'm sure that you could heal them all of their burns, actually..." <--- With a bit of a leer, obviously digging for information.

Argh. I should really check before I post these things. To edit, Trahald grins even more widely at Yannovick's interest, then gives him a sympathetic look. "Not to worry, sir! It happens to the best of us, I'm afraid." He hands the guy a skewer and waves to the plates of foods to choose from. "So, how much would you like?" He's probably talking about both the food and the hair restorative.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-02, 10:15 PM
((T-t-t-t-time skipping Frank a bit.))

[Red Zone]

It's been a good week. Apparently, when you sit down and negotiate with a daemon for long enough, you can get 'em to confer a reasonable amount of occult power to their hosts, if they're of the right tempermant. They can, in turn, conjur daemons of their own... Frank has five of these lieutenants by now, and several dozen other henchmen, some of whom he has on hand as guards permenantly. Dun dun dun...

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-02, 10:17 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Silva blinks at the man a few times, slightly confused.

Offended me? Who said you did that?

Yeah, not so much. I create and control fire. Not that good at healing.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 10:17 PM
Blue Zone-Apartments

The woman moves one of her pawns, and apparently seems completely unbothered by the atmosphere. The incense's smoke will continue to try to confuse and dizzy him, while the wine's poison, even the one sip, should begin to numb his body, starting with his extremities, which he'll find out when he picks up his piece.

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 10:23 PM
[Blue Zone-Apartments]

Merrak moves one of his pawns, in a mirror of her move. He quickly notices the feeling, though, and sighs. His hand moves to one of the weapons at his side and clumsily closes on the hilt, but he doesn't draw it yet.

"I should... Have seen this coming..." :smallannoyed:

The surface has made him soft, it seems. He scowls at Jezebel, red eyes looking defeated.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 10:28 PM
Blue Zone-Apartments

Jezebel gives him a small yet sad smile. "I really am sorry for this, Merrak, but you'll see what it's about soon enough." She stands and walks slowly around him, unconcerned about him trying to grab a weapon. "But, before the end, I'll grant you a choice. You'd be a wonderful...companion." Her voice will seem to be fading and the poisons should be close to knocking him out.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 10:29 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trahald holds his hands out in front of him, as one apparently must while shooting fireballs, then relaxes with a shrug. "Well, control of fire... Some are capable of lessening or relieving its effects." He slides the burn cream back out and hooks a thumb at it. He asks carefully, "Then maybe you would be interested? Wouldn't want to accidentally burn a loved one, due to lashing out at a nightmare, would you?" He grows a rueful grin. "Some fire spirits just might not like the idea of me selling burn cream, but what can I say? It's a reliable seller, especially around this time of year."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-02, 10:33 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Silva smirks a little. I live alone. Nice try, though.

Eh, I'll take one, anyway. Never know when it could come in handy.

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 10:34 PM
[Blue Zone-Apartments]

"Do with me... What you will..."

Merrak actually manages to draw his weapon as he spits out some final words. Though the sword clatters to the floor once free of its scabbard. The drow continues to glare until his eyes shut, and he slumps forward.