PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Inside 27

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Rebonack
2011-01-02, 10:38 PM
Noooooo way is Magtok sticking around for something with a ten percent success rate. He flicks himself up into the air and drifts away like a teeny speck of dust, trying to hover away from that terrible vaporization beam.

MOONDOH, YOU'RE INSANE!

There's a good chance that Moondoh wouldn't have even noticed Magtok had the cyborg jumped clear and simply remained silent. Something Mini-Mag's sized would be pretty darn difficult to spot at any reasonable distance.

So... yeah.

Zorp away!

There are now eight dazed looking hobos passed out on the Un-Shrinkifier platform. The rest where no doubt reduced to a thin glaze of neutrons. What a shame.

The mad doctor glances around the room, looking somewhat confused. "What? Who talking to Moondoh? Moondoh secret lab is secret! No leaving!"

No leaving indeed.

Even now several minions come hobbling toward the hobos. Minions in question look like a green-skinned cross between a gibbon and an Oompa-Loompa. Each with one huge eye in the middle of their head.

And a mouth on their chest.

The poor unconscious people are then dragged away, no doubt to be prepped for further experiments.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-02, 10:39 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Sol, spotting the crowd, walks back to the street corner. He surveys the cooking kebabs and the alchemist, and decides to buy something. What do you sell here exactly?

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 10:41 PM
Blue Zone- Apartments

The drow will land on a pile of cushions and Jezebel takes his glass of wine, finishing it off and enjoying the sensations it brings to her. She gives a shudder at the tingling, long immune to the other effects, and then stomps her foot three times on the ground. While she goes to get a bag, three others enter her apartment, dressed in much the same way.

"Take him to the chamber."

"Yes Mistress." One of them says.

Secret Chamber

A while later, Merrak will wake up, blindfolded, and tightly restrained to a warm surface. The air in the room is also rather warm, body temperature even.

Murkus
2011-01-02, 10:42 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trahald looks confused for a moment, then he "Urk!"s and hastily pushes a canister of burn cream that he had been displaying back into the wagon. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry if I have offended you, madam!" Assuming Silva to be some kind of creepy fire elemental type, he waves at the gathered NPC's. "Some can only be so comfortable with fire, you know. I'm sure that you could heal them all of their burns, actually..." <--- With a bit of a leer, obviously digging for information.

Argh. I should really check before I post these things. To edit, Trahald grins even more widely at Yannovick's interest, then gives him a sympathetic look. "Not to worry, sir! It happens to the best of us, I'm afraid." He hands the guy a skewer and waves to the plates of foods to choose from. "So, how much would you like?" He's probably talking about both the food and the hair restorative.

Funny how Yann's trying to become a god and doesn't want to fix his own waning hair. He points to the restorative and the kabob. "One of each would be good, thank you."

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 10:49 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak opens his eyes. Which doesn't help much, seeing as how he's blindfolded. The drow struggles against the bonds, which probably doesn't amount to anything either.

<"Well, this is typical."> :smallannoyed:

The dark elf speaks in his own native tongue, because he's snarking to himself.

<"At least she left me decent..."> :smallyuk:

Or at least, I hope she did. :smalleek:

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 10:50 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trahald turns and quickly gives Sol a bow that makes his hair brush the ground, then he holds up a finger and turns back to Silva, at whom he gasps, "Impossible! And so close to Valentine's! You must be joking! Not you?" His hands work at wrapping up a small canister of the cream for her as he speaks.

He mumbles a fairly reasonable price, then rushes on, gesturing to Sol. "This man wishes to know what we sell. In addition to simple wooden toys of marvelous craftsmanship, I offer potions and salves for every need! Alas, I cannot in good conscience force you to buy any of my tried and true love potions." He seems quite crestfallen. The balding dude in the wagon scoffs.

Also, unaware of Yannovick's ambitions, Trahald breezily delivers the requested products. "Enjoy your night, sir! Rub it in really good, alright?" He rubs at his sandy hair.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 11:01 PM
Secret Chamber
(not sure if this is sensitive or not, but I spoilered it anyways. Most posts after this should be fine.)
He'll hear laughter as sweet as honey before his blindfold is taken off. First, he'll see Jezebel standing over him, wearing something that could only be described as...intriguing(or skanky, it depends on who you are, but it involves chains attached to piercings in sensitive places and plenty of leather :smalltongue:). He'll see a glowing tattoo on her upper thigh (link (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050727103743/warhammer40k/images/5/5f/Slaanesh_mark.png)), and a long cruel knife in her hand. As a drow, he'll know it's one for flaying things. He'll also see that her stomach is crisscrossed with scarred lines.

Next, is the room. It's dark, lit dimly, and it's walls are covered in symbols that hurt the eyes and seem to squirm away from his gaze. The air smells of musk, sweat, and blood and if he tilts his head, he'll see a half dozen people on a massive pile of cushions doing...curtainous things to one another.

The restraints don't allow him to move, and he'll also find himself stripped down to heart patterned boxers.

Jezebel runs a fingernail down his cheek with a smile. "I see you're awake darling."

Murkus
2011-01-02, 11:01 PM
Yannovick nods, taking a bite of the kabob and stuffing the bottle in his pocket rather hastily. "Thanks. Same to you. I will."

With that, he returns his attention to the show.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-02, 11:05 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Silva smirks. Again, good effort. But, I'm not interested in that stuff, sorry.

DoomITP
2011-01-02, 11:09 PM
Grant will walk to the servant chambers, now is upset at just about everyone involved.

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 11:09 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak groans when he takes in his surroundings. The dark elf flicks his eyes to the side and looks the the cusion pile before turning his gaze on Jezebel. His eyes dart over her body and outfit, and settle to match her gaze. With a cold glare.

"Do not touch me, <very bad drow word>" :smallyuk:

As a drow, he knows these sort of... things happen, but has never had the personal misfortune to wake up in this position before.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 11:13 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trahald shrugs in a sheepish "Whattayagonnado?" manner and holds up a skewer. "Care for a kabob, then? I'd love to see you roast it yourself!"

At some point, he delivers his attention to Sol and exclaims, "Can you believe it? Pretty girl like her? So sad..." With eyebrows raised ---> "So, how may I serve?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 11:15 PM
Secret Chamber

She sighs and frowns. "I could have just flayed you already and sacrifice you to the Prince of Pain and Pleasure like he demands, but I was hoping to do something else, so a little respect is called for, don't you think?" She asks the last with a slight smile, as beautiful as before, but somehow a bit cruel this time around. She reaches for something out of view before holding up a water bottle. "Water? Undrugged, I assure you. It'll help clear your head of the wine." She says with a smirk.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-02, 11:17 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Silva smirks again, and takes the kabob. With her other hand, she makes the motion somebody does when faking using a lighter, and a small flame appears above her thumb. She starts cooking the kabob with it.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-02, 11:19 PM
[Null Street Corner]

Do you have any healing potions.... Or something that fixes burns?

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 11:20 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak nods, and will drink the water if she gives him some. No reason not to refuse it, now that he's in this situation.

"Respect? Anyone voluntarily wearing that deserves no respect." :smallmad:

The drow continues glaring.

"You can do whatever you like with me. Not like I'm in any position to object."

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 11:30 PM
Secret Chamber

She snorts as she unscrews the top of the bottle. "What can I say? It's comfortable. And I've seen much worse. I don't wear people's skin like many of my...associates." She smirks and runs a finger down his side. "Though, I must admit that yours is rather nice." She stops after a moment and laughs. "I'm joking, and as I said, I was going to offer you a choice, but first, that drink..."

She takes a large drink of water from the bottle before leaning down to kiss him, putting the cool water into his mouth that way. :smallyuk:

Crazy cultist...well, at least she brushes her teeth.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 11:34 PM
[Null Street Corner]

Trahald darts his head around, as close as he can get to Silva's thumb, making as if he's looking for some trick to it, but he backs off with an admiring smile. "You have good control! And here I thought that I might be able to sell you a concentration potion!" He adds, before turning back to Sol, "It just helps to focus the mind. Not good, if your control is more emotionally based, though."

To Sol, he blinks with surprise, then "Ahem!"s as if offended. The large balding dude in the wagon pokes his head out to see what's going on. Trahald points around to the back of the wagon. "Healing potions? What kind are you looking for, besides something for burns? We can even add flavors, to make them more palatable for your little ones! Please, head around to the back and let my boss show you our selection." If he does, the big dude will stomp to the back of the wagon, move some things around, then throw open the back door to show off several racks of clearly labeled potions. "What do you need?" the guy asks, curtly.

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 11:36 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak gets a nice drink of water! And a kiss. The drow does not actually resist the kiss, going along with it deeply. When all the females of your society are dominating... mean persons who don't care at all about your personal feelings and you can't do anything to stop them... You learn to just go along with whatever they're doing and just enjoy it. Worked with Ilpholin, at least.

Of course, once she pulls away he gives her a look of utter disgust and scorn.

"You sicken me."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-02, 11:40 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trust me. My concentration is fine. She smirks, and opens her hand. The flame moves to above her palm, then slowly changes shape. After a moment, there is a mini flaming phoenix in her hand.

And deadtime.

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 11:43 PM
Secret Chamber

Aww...she's a rather good kisser too. Or so she thought. :smallfrown:

She sighs and sets the extremely sharp knife on his stomach. "I know you feel that way now, but you won't soon enough." She says with a smile. "Not if you accept my offer and convert to Slaanesh. Stand with me in the coming times. I'd rather have you by my side, than your soul sacrificed to the Prince."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-02, 11:46 PM
[Null Zone Corner]

Assuming they have it, Sol will grab a potion each for burns and bullet wounds, and then, after some thought, a second one for burns. How much?

VampireRot
2011-01-02, 11:50 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak eyes the knife warily. He considers his options. Renounce Lolth and face problems from the priestesses back home, or stay faithful to the giant spider demon god thing and get stabbed in the stomach?

"Fine. I'll worship your god." :smallannoyed:

Soul sacrifices aren't fun. At all. :smalleek:

McBish
2011-01-02, 11:53 PM
[Streets]

"Alright... so how much do you need to get a job?" She replies, opening up her money bag a bit.

I don't know. I mean I need to pay rent, and eat and all sorts of stuff. Jack says shrugging seeming unsure of this whole situation.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-02, 11:55 PM
[Null Zone Corner]

They have plenty of burn ointment, but they don't really have anything that's specifically for bullet wounds. Just your average magical healing potions. If it wasn't Thekk (the balding dude's name) selling it, he might have included a discount on something for shining the shrapnel up for a nice keepsake, but, as it is, the guy just states, "Thirty [Insert Currency Here]s." The price is decently reasonable, and Thekk doesn't look like he's the sort to enjoy haggling, anyway.

Meanwhile, Trahald "Hm!"s, quite impressed with the display of power. "Very nice. How big can you make one of those things?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-02, 11:57 PM
Secret Chamber

She smiles and takes the knife away, likely nicking him with it's razored edge. "Now, I will have to alter some things. I'd love to think you were being sincere, but I need ways I can trust you." She says before bringing over a small cart filled with potions and syringes. Afterwards, she rests a hand on his chest, looking a bit forlorn. "Sadly, this will change your mental state to a degree I can't predict, so you may not be the same person afterwards, but I can hope, and even if you aren't, you'll be sure to enjoy everything after we're done." :smallsmile:

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-02, 11:59 PM
Okay. Sol says, handing over the money and taking the burn ointment and a normal healing potion. Bye.

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 12:00 AM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak glowers, at the potions and at Jezebel.

"Great. Just great." :smallannoyed:

The drow strains a bit at his bindings, again to no avail. He sighs.

"There isn't anything I can do to stop you, then. Have your fun." :smallyuk:

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 12:24 AM
Secret Chamber

Jezebel smiles sadly. "No, I suppose there isn't." She states before taking the first set of potions and pouring them into his mouth for him to swallow. After several sets, he'll feel dizzy and will comply with whatever she does, likely enjoying it. After a while, she smiles before calling out. "Aluskal, come here, we have to bind his soul to our Lord."

Out of a corner of the room, a tall white skinned woman with long black hair and a claw like hand strides forth, a Daemonette, pulling the curtain as she comes closer.

(godmod approved)

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 12:27 AM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak's eyes widen as the potion goes down his throat. Then he sighs... Happily.

Curtains! :smalleek:

Cult things happen, I suppose. Poor drow, though he'll be enjoying it by the end. :smallyuk:

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 06:50 AM
[Null Zone Street]

In the end, Garth continues his show for a good hour - far longer than he normally would - and switches between almost all of his bits of kit. For the most part, it was out of stubbornness and his competitive streak that he went on for so long, but nearing the end he has a revelation. The combination of the wagon and his show had attracted far more people than he had ever had watching before, and it couldn't have been hurting the other fellow's business either.

Yes, it might be sensible for this to happen more often. Maybe they should arrange... some sort of partnership, he thinks.

After collecting up the money he had been gifted, which was more than he usually got in an entire day's dancing, he props back his skull and, with the smallest of smiles, shoulders his way through the crowds and up to the wagon.

Quincunx
2011-01-03, 06:53 AM
[Streets, A Zone Which is Not Null, and Probably Not Red Either]

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/tzimcrawl.gif
Tzimfemme finds herself propelled out of the MagMart, shovel over one shoulder, gift card in hand. "Word got around, I guess. . ." she murmurs, twisting to look back at the facade, twisting around again to spot the source of a distant and airborne cry of terror (and failing), and straightening out before she gets a crick in her neck. Something is not right here. . .Aha. This is not the same entrance she used to enter the MagMart. In fact, the architectural shift and the level of upkeep ('tidy', as compared to 'none') hints that she's gone further than just the opposite side of the block. "Bugger." Not only that, she is no closer to knowing where she is, let alone anything else. . .

Tzimfemme looks at the postage-paid envelope. "Hmm. A proper Pennite puzzle." She props the shovel against a waist-high concrete divider, smooths the card down along the top of same, unclips the pen nib from her headband, writes in the card and addresses the envelope. When she licks and seals the envelope, it rises from her hand and dematerializes. She tries to peer after the name astrally and is blinded by thousands of city-dwellers' auras; she casts a scrying mirror focused on the letter and fails; she tries to wrench together author and writing, and feels herself hit the barrier and rebound, aching. Still, the last wasn't a complete loss, as she spins around in the MagMart parking lot and finds herself pointed in a new direction, possibly the straightest route to Tom Godlark. No real reason not to shoulder the shovel and head in that direction.

((Given the person-based restrictions of the doctor's procedure, I assume the card probably made it all the way to Warwick Works before hitting the nullification.))

[Streets, Null Zone]

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/steampunkgnomie.png
Minta pokes another clockwork down another manhole. This one doesn't have zombie either, an' she's gettin' bored. The gnomie heaves a huge dramatic sigh an' wanders away. Clockwork's steam vents press up against the manhole cover emitting greasy smoke, but this one also disintegrates before it can violate physics enough to pop through the barrier. That's ok though 'cause there's somethin' cool happening down the street! with fire! an' toys!!! She zooms towards the wagon, frightening the draft animals enough to make harness and wagon creak in protest. On the other side people are gathered 'round nibbling on--

(insert Psycho musical hook here)

--kabobs. :eek:

Minta shrieks! "Cousin, NO! I'll save you!!!!!" And if that wasn't enough to disrupt the gathering, the tiny bolt of magic arcing up from a dissolving green gem to resurrect the kabob meat would probably do the job.

happyturtle
2011-01-03, 07:01 AM
Tom Godlark is currently in Warwick's Home in the Home thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10047171#post10047171). Since neither Warwick nor Tom had the operation, they aren't nullified. They just think they are. :smalleek:

Quincunx
2011-01-03, 07:54 AM
[Streets, Yellow Zone]

This district has street signs that not only tell you which way you're heading, but where you are right now! What a concept. After two recalibrations, Tzimfemme finds herself under a multi-branched signpost and braces herself for the third. She wrenches together author and writing, gets flung back to the start point as Nexus causality again resists this, and finds herself aligned with the "CITY GATE" sign. It's not visible from here. That won't be a quick journey, but at least she won't have to twist her guts until she leaves the city limits.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-03, 08:49 AM
I don't know. I mean I need to pay rent, and eat and all sorts of stuff. Jack says shrugging seeming unsure of this whole situation.

[Streets]

"Oh, so you don't live on the streets? Well, thats good, but if you steal enough to be able to pay rent... I'm not really sure what to say. Those are other peoples money after all." She replies starting to pick up some gold coins from the bag.

"So if I give you some money for all that, you promise me you try to get a real job that doesn't require you to directly hurt people in some way?" She asks him, holding some coins in her hand.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-03, 09:02 AM
Temple

Insects, scorpions, centipedes, and other creepy crawlies swarm out of the ground and try to crawl all over Grant, Pesty, Decker, and Kal. It looks to Lauretta, and probably the rest of the clerics too, that Grant and Pesty are part of the devil firebombing party.

Decker screams and flails.

"Oh you did not..." :furious:
Furious now, Kal's gauntlets abruptly erupt into a veritable inferno of hellfire, likely incinerating the bugs on his arms. He slings a wave of hellfire at Decker, attempting to crispy-fry the bugs on her (being a devil, Decker should emerge unharmed), then fires focused blast with both hands at the cleric party (or rather, the one in the front).
"Fun's over. You attack the lady, you're going down!"
A dash forwards and a swipe, with razor-tipped, Hell-iron claws!

Fan
2011-01-03, 09:30 AM
[Inside, Strider Edition]

The music kept pumping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nWnLxYzuBE) the compound seemed to shake with the beats of the literal wall of speakers, Cool Kid just standing there, overly expensive audiophile headphones that would make one go bankrupt on his head. No consideration for any sort of budget with him.

NPC's generally enjoyed themselves, and more bottles of alcohol (kindly supplied by the evilites of AMEN, and paid for by COOL DAD.) were emptied than one could count. Though Cool Kid seemed to mostly stick to coke, and coffee throughout the night.

Never the less, Cool Kid stepped down, and gestured to the man who was to take his place.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-03, 10:29 AM
Temple of Dalachrech- Entrance Way

Terrowin manages to dodge Kal's fireball, and it hits instead the armoured, not beetle-covered, figure behind him. The figure's chainmail glows red hot and the tabard catches fire, but he remains standing and the black mace is unaffected by the heat. This chap also smells slightly of demon, about as demon-y as Kal is devil-y.

Anyway, Kal's charge is met by Terrowin, the helliron claws score deep gouges into his shield. Five if the claws spring from the fingers, three if they claws are Wolverine-style. Terrowin responds by swinging his morningstar at Kal's torso; should it hit, it will hurt. If Kal is secretly a supernatural, extraplanar agent of good disguised as a supernatural semi-native agent of evil, then the morningstar will glow brown and do more damage. Although if so, then Kal is a very good actor.

iElf
2011-01-03, 10:32 AM
servants quaters

Din gets up again, and instantly goes to see if the chains are still there "If it's Dalachrechs will to keep people as slaves, I'd rather be eaten by the insects..."

Morty
2011-01-03, 10:33 AM
[Abandoned House]

"Fine." Reinholdt moves to grab the stone Ted head and hammerspace it though before following. He'd offer the Combat Mage help, but he's pretty tired himself.

((deadtime))

When Reinholdt and the two soldiers arrive at the entrance to the labirynth, Anatolij waits for them there with Trooper#2. We go the bastard. Now let's head downstairs and call for transport. Rosenstein here is in no fit state to move.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-03, 10:47 AM
Temple of Dalachrech- Slave's Quarters

Eirik will try and push Din back down when she gets up. He's quite strong. Tarena and Rebecka are standing nearby. All three of them look solemn.

iElf
2011-01-03, 11:11 AM

Eirik will try and push Din back down when she gets up. He's quite strong. Tarena and Rebecka are standing nearby. All three of them look solemn.

Din sighs, and lays down "...if you want to escape...now would be the time..."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-03, 11:41 AM

All three of the slaves shake their heads. They seem to think now would be the worst time to escape. Possibly because they've heard the explosions, possibly because that five slaves were bought for each temple, four of which survive because one from each was fed to giant beetles for what happens should they disobey.

((Deadtime))

iElf
2011-01-03, 11:49 AM

All three of the slaves shake their heads. They seem to think now would be the worst time to escape. Possibly because they've heard the explosions, possibly because that five slaves were bought for each temple, four of which survive because one from each was fed to giant beetles for what happens should they disobey.

((Deadtime))

Din sighs "...I'm not leaving you behind..."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-03, 12:52 PM

Tarena sits next to Din and tries to hug her, Eirik raises an eyebrow and Rebecka smiles ruefully. They'd explain, but they can't talk, linked to why they wouldn't open their mouths when Din gave them a medical checkup.

iElf
2011-01-03, 01:42 PM

Tarena sits next to Din and tries to hug her, Eirik raises an eyebrow and Rebecka smiles ruefully. They'd explain, but they can't talk, linked to why they wouldn't open their mouths when Din gave them a medical checkup.

Din sighs as she is hugged "...maybe I can get people to t least treat you better...but...whay don't you all talk?"

Earl of Purple
2011-01-03, 01:53 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Slave Quarters

Rebecka looks at Din, her expression one of 'You don't want to know'. The previous comment is met by a smile all round; they are well treated, mostly, and those that are more abusive get good survice so have no reason to be abusive. The main reason the mattresses are so thin is because they can't tell anybody they need thicker.

((Deadtime))

Maxios
2011-01-03, 02:06 PM
[Generic Street Name]
Maxios hovers onto the scene, wearing a new version of the LANTERN costume.

Reinholdt
2011-01-03, 02:07 PM
When Reinholdt and the two soldiers arrive at the entrance to the labirynth, Anatolij waits for them there with Trooper#2. We go the bastard. Now let's head downstairs and call for transport. Rosenstein here is in no fit state to move.

Reinholdt's not really a member of the Mortal Coil club, so he just nods quietly and follows along. He'd help someone move, but he's having trouble himself. Chest pains. :smalltongue:
He'll be ok. Just not in a position to help like he'd like to.

Morty
2011-01-03, 02:46 PM
[Abandoned House]

The squad manages to get downstairs, where Trooper#1 and Sniper are waiting for them. Anatolij contacts the ISF HQ and after a while, an armored car arrives and Trooper#2 is carried inside. The rest enters it on their own as Anatolij turns to Reinholdt. Thanks for the help, Reinholdt. Feeling generous, he adds: If you want, you can get into the car and we'll drop you off wherever you want on our way back to the base.

Reinholdt
2011-01-03, 02:49 PM
[Abandoned House]

"No problem. Just glad he's dead..." Reinholdt frowns in thought.

"Well I suppose I could use a ride to Trog's, thanks." Just so he doesn't have to walk all the way there. He'll step inside the car. And buckle up. Always buckle up.

Morty
2011-01-03, 02:53 PM
[Abandoned House]

Anatolij also gets into the armored car. It then drives through the streets in the direction of the ISF HQ, dropping Reinholdt off by Trog's on its way.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 02:53 PM
[Generic Street Name]
Maxios hovers onto the scene, wearing a new version of the LANTERN costume.

A bank is there, on the street, quite clearly labeled "Bank of Generica". The doors are locked, but the lights are still on and there is movement inside.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 03:01 PM
A bank is there, on the street, quite clearly labeled "Bank of Generica". The doors are locked, but the lights are still on and there is movement inside.

Maxios will use the his power ring's X-Ray vision to see inside the Bank

Reinholdt
2011-01-03, 03:02 PM
[Abandoned House]

Anatolij also gets into the armored car. It then drives through the streets in the direction of the ISF HQ, dropping Reinholdt off by Trog's on its way.

"Bye. Take care of yourself."
Reinholdt waves and leaves the Inside thread.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 03:11 PM
Maxios will use the his power ring's X-Ray vision to see inside the Bank

Two men, both wearing masks, are using blowtorches to open a safe, while three others hold hostages at gunpoint and the last one keeps an eye on a few terrified civilians lined up against the wall. They all have Uzi's, and are wearing some weird looking body armor.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 03:19 PM
Two men, both wearing masks, are using blowtorches to open a safe, while three others hold hostages at gunpoint and the last one keeps an eye on a few terrified civilians lined up against the wall. They all have Uzi's, and are wearing some weird looking body armor.

Maxios will use his ring to teleport into the Bank. When he teleports in, he'll be behind a desk, most likely hidden from the robbers

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 03:36 PM
[Bank]

No such luck. The sound of gunfire fills the air, and one of the civilians slumps over, dead, the rest starting to scream until the robber watching them silences them with a wave of his now smoking Uzi. "Maxios, we know you're here. Come out with your hands up, or the rest of them die."

Maxios
2011-01-03, 03:56 PM
[Bank]

No such luck. The sound of gunfire fills the air, and one of the civilians slumps over, dead, the rest starting to scream until the robber watching them silences them with a wave of his now smoking Uzi. "Maxios, we know you're here. Come out with your hands up, or the rest of them die."

Maxios silently curses. Another person the White Ring has to bring back...

The robber's guns will (if Maxios' tricks works) fly out of their hands. Maxios is using his ring like a giant magnet

At the same time, the Courier will exit the bathroom of the bank (What, even hardened messangers go to the bank :smallamused:)

iElf
2011-01-03, 03:56 PM

Rebecka looks at Din, her expression one of 'You don't want to know'. The previous comment is met by a smile all round; they are well treated, mostly, and those that are more abusive get good survice so have no reason to be abusive. The main reason the mattresses are so thin is because they can't tell anybody they need thicker.

((Deadtime))

Din sighs "I can either try to escape myself.and be eaten by insects, or I can stay here as a slave, be branded, and have my tongue cut out"

McBish
2011-01-03, 03:58 PM
[Streets]

"Oh, so you don't live on the streets? Well, thats good, but if you steal enough to be able to pay rent... I'm not really sure what to say. Those are other peoples money after all." She replies starting to pick up some gold coins from the bag.

"So if I give you some money for all that, you promise me you try to get a real job that doesn't require you to directly hurt people in some way?" She asks him, holding some coins in her hand.

[Streets]

Yeah sure. I mean I wouldn't have a problem with that. Wow if Jack knew that it was this easy normally he would have tried this a lot sooner.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 04:05 PM
[Bank]

It.... doesn't work. At all, even a little bit. What does happen is the robber fires, again, and two more civilians take a dirt nap. "Both of you, give up. NOW."

Maxios
2011-01-03, 04:13 PM
Maxios curses again. The Courier lifts his hands, and turns to look at Maxios. Maxios does the same.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 04:25 PM
[Bank]

"Alright, just stay right there while we get the money, and no-on else will die. Also, what the HELL is with that bowler hat? You have the worst fashion sense I've ever seen, and this is the frakkin Nexus!"

Maxios
2011-01-03, 04:27 PM
[Bank]

"Alright, just stay right there while we get the money, and no-on else will die. Also, what the HELL is with that bowler hat? You have the worst fashion sense I've ever seen, and this is the frakkin Nexus!"

The Courier only laughs bitterly. One of his hands is behind is behind his back...

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 04:34 PM
[Bank]

The safe is about half open by now, and one of the4 robbers walks over to Maxios and tries to slap him in the face. "You. I don't like your attitude."

Maxios
2011-01-03, 04:36 PM
[Bank]

The safe is about half open by now, and one of the4 robbers walks over to Maxios and tries to slap him in the face. "You. I don't like your attitude."

Maxios only laughs when he's hit. "Go for it." he tells the Courier.

The Courier reveals in his hand a mind, with his finger on the On/Off Switch. "Surrender, or else we'll all be blown up."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 04:37 PM
[Bank]

Maxios may find his gut full of bullets, as the robbers open fire, four killing the civilians, the fifth firing at Maxios point blank, and the last one drawing his weapon

Maxios
2011-01-03, 04:41 PM
[Bank]

Maxios may find his gut full of bullets, as the robbers open fire, four killing the civilians, the fifth firing at Maxios point blank, and the last one drawing his weapon

Maxios laughs bitterly, before passing out.
The Courier draws his revolvers, and fires about 15 times, aiming at the Robber's arms.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 04:51 PM
[Bank Robbery]

Dour robbers are struck, and drop their weapons. Another moves a little to much, and is hit in the gut, falling to the floor. The last though takes cover behind a desk, aiming at Maxios. "Stop or your clone dies."

Maxios
2011-01-03, 04:53 PM
[Bank Robbery]

Dour robbers are struck, and drop their weapons. Another moves a little to much, and is hit in the gut, falling to the floor. The last though takes cover behind a desk, aiming at Maxios. "Stop or your clone dies."

"We're brothers, not clones!" The Courier says angrily, throwing a grenade at the last one

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 05:00 PM
[Bank]

Fun fact: A grenade takes ten seconds to explode. Not so fun fact: An uzi fires six hundred rounds per minute. Really not fun fact: Meaning one hundred rounds are hurtling at Maxios at supersonic speed.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 05:03 PM
[Bank]

Fun fact: A grenade takes ten seconds to explode. Not so fun fact: An uzi fires six hundred rounds per minute. Really not fun fact: Meaning one hundred rounds are hurtling at Maxios at supersonic speed.

The Courier takes out a device that says Eggs Benedict in Maxios' voice.

Maxios is now wearing Power Armor, that will likely stop all the bullets

TruorTupnm
2011-01-03, 05:06 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Although Trahald had been trying to mess with Garth a bit, he appreciated being able to take it easy and concentrate on selling things. He probably had plenty of time to chat, too, and learn a thing or two about this Nexus place. When Garth started heading for the wagon, most of the crowd drifted off with an, "Awww..."

Trahald and Thekk were kept busy with several customers, for a bit, but Garth is approached by Rimpalome, the three-foot tall raven-looking dude that had been observing from a nearby rooftop. He is holding two kabobs and extends one to Garth with a talony hand. His speech is harsh and seems deliberately clipped, with a lot of beak clacking. "This is for you. He said that you would be hungry." Upon Garth's acceptance or refusal of the food, he peers back at Garth's kit and asks in a more friendly manner, "Is that all you have? Is it very heavy?"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 05:09 PM
[Bank]

How fast is Courier? Cause those bullets can cover approximately eight hundred feet in one second. Bullets, in fact, move faster than sound, so unless Courier is Flash level fast, there's no way he could draw the device in time, and even then the sound would register until after the bullet hit.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 05:10 PM
[Bank]

How fast is Courier? Cause those bullets can cover approximately eight hundred feet in one second. Bullets, in fact, move faster than sound, so unless Courier is Flash level fast, there's no way he could draw the device in time, and even then the sound would register until after the bullet hit.

Hmm...
The Courier will summon a large package to appear, made of kevlar, stopping the bullets.
What? He has the innate ability to summon packages to appear instantly

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 05:20 PM
[Bank]

The bullets stop, and boom goes the grenade. Taking along with it the lrobbers, several of the survivors who were still alive, and a random NPC who just walked into the bank.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 05:23 PM
Maxios wakes up. "That could've gone better." He says angrily, begin pouring some of his life essence into every dead person in the Bank.
When he finishes, he says."Because of that, I only have 2 Hours and 21 Minutes left to live."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 05:26 PM
[Bank]

"Fraid you're dead wrong about that." One of the robbers says, and opens fire on the COurier as the others scramble for their weapons.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 05:27 PM
[Bank]

"Fraid you're dead wrong about that." One of the robbers says, and opens fire on the COurier as the others scramble for their weapons.

Hold on..
Maxios will punch the robbers. And he's in a suit of Iron Power Armor. And the Courier is behind the Kevlar Box

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 05:29 PM
[Bank]

The robbers get taken down, largely due to their sluggishness, a side effect of being revived.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 05:32 PM
[Bank]
"I'm sorry that this had to happen." Maxios will tell the revived citizens. "Run home to your families."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 05:34 PM
[Null Zone Street]

In the end, Garth continues his show for a good hour - far longer than he normally would - and switches between almost all of his bits of kit. For the most part, it was out of stubbornness and his competitive streak that he went on for so long, but nearing the end he has a revelation. The combination of the wagon and his show had attracted far more people than he had ever had watching before, and it couldn't have been hurting the other fellow's business either.

Yes, it might be sensible for this to happen more often. Maybe they should arrange... some sort of partnership, he thinks.

After collecting up the money he had been gifted, which was more than he usually got in an entire day's dancing, he props back his skull and, with the smallest of smiles, shoulders his way through the crowds and up to the wagon.

Seeing him done and walking, Silva will try to approach him.

Hey! Hey! What's your name?

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 05:34 PM
[Banks]

The NPCs file out of the bank, some running some shuffling. One of them kicks the unconscious robber on the way out.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 05:37 PM
Maxios and The Courier will check up on the Vault.
"C'mon! Let's make sure there isn't any robbers left!"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 05:40 PM
Bank

The vault door is almost completely melted though, and would probably swing open if struck. Closer inspection would require entering the vault though.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 05:44 PM
Bank

The vault door is almost completely melted though, and would probably swing open if struck. Closer inspection would require entering the vault though.

"Courier, make sure there isn't any robbers left." Maxios says.

The Courier cautiously opens the Vault Door, and peeks inside

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 05:46 PM
[Bank]

Meaning he bashes it down? That's the only way to open it, although it wouldn't be hard to do so in the least.

Darkcomet
2011-01-03, 05:47 PM
[Bank]

The sound of sirens can be heard, growing louder as an ISF speeder approaches...

Maxios
2011-01-03, 05:50 PM
[Bank]

Meaning he bashes it down? That's the only way to open it, although it wouldn't be hard to do so in the least.

Maxios teleports into the Vault, and looks around

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 05:51 PM
[Bank]

That won't work. This is the Nexus, any vault worth a cent is teleport proof.

Maxios
2011-01-03, 05:52 PM
[Bank]

That won't work. This is the Nexus, any vault worth a cent is teleport proof.

Maxios sighs. Then hears the siren. The Courier and Maxios will teleport away, back to LANTERN

Darkcomet
2011-01-03, 05:57 PM
[Bank]

Well then.

The ISF speeder soon arrives, the squad within climbing out and heading in to investigate. The robbers will be handcuffed and brought out, assuming of course that it's clear they're the robbers.

TE, considering I got here late (my break from school is over, you see), I would appreciate an overall description of the scene.

I imagine it is quite bloody.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 06:01 PM
[Bank]

Well, it was a rather average bank. Teller's booth, desk with some donuts and coffee, vault in the back. Now the red carpet is redder, due to the newly applied coat of blood, a hole has been cut in the bullet-proof screen, shrapnel and bullets riddle the wall, especially the one the hostages were lined up against, and the corpses of six robbers lie on the ground. All in all, it looks exactly like it is, the site of a bloodbath.

Darkcomet
2011-01-03, 06:30 PM
[Bank]

Any surviving robbers, then, will be brought out and handcuffed, likely to be dragged off to a detention center somewhere for questioning.

Speaking of questioning!

They'll have plenty to say about Maxios and Courier, won't they?

happyturtle
2011-01-03, 06:30 PM
Temple of Dalachrech - Outside

"Oh you did not..." :furious:
Furious now, Kal's gauntlets abruptly erupt into a veritable inferno of hellfire, likely incinerating the bugs on his arms. He slings a wave of hellfire at Decker, attempting to crispy-fry the bugs on her (being a devil, Decker should emerge unharmed), then fires focused blast with both hands at the cleric party (or rather, the one in the front).
"Fun's over. You attack the lady, you're going down!"
A dash forwards and a swipe, with razor-tipped, Hell-iron claws!

Decker runs after Kal, turning into her 7 foot tall goat headed devil form. RAWR! The bugs, being perfectly ordinary mundane bugs that were peacefully living their own lives before a cleric asked them to go crawl all over someone, are quite crispified.

Temple Inside

Lauretta is still waiting for Beans and Grant to post so she can lead them to Din. Somehow the vagaries of deadtime let this happen even though there's a combat scene going on in the door. :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2011-01-03, 06:31 PM
[Streets]

Yeah sure. I mean I wouldn't have a problem with that. Wow if Jack knew that it was this easy normally he would have tried this a lot sooner.

[Streets]

"Uh alright, so how much do you need? And what is your name exactly?" Cessie asks the strange being that called himself a 'demon'. (a concept that didn't exist in her own world.)

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-03, 06:33 PM
[Bank]

I'm gonna assume at least one or two of the robbers is still within saving, certainly the one behind the bullet proof glass is, as Maxios did punch them, power armor or no. And yes, even if they do stick to the facts, which they won't, they'll still have a whole lot of dirt on Maxios.

Gullara
2011-01-03, 06:36 PM
[Temple Inside]

Samantha is also waiting. Yay!

She look curiously at Lauretta.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-03, 06:39 PM
Temple of Dalachrech- Entrance Way

Terrowin manages to dodge Kal's fireball, and it hits instead the armoured, not beetle-covered, figure behind him. The figure's chainmail glows red hot and the tabard catches fire, but he remains standing and the black mace is unaffected by the heat. This chap also smells slightly of demon, about as demon-y as Kal is devil-y.

Anyway, Kal's charge is met by Terrowin, the helliron claws score deep gouges into his shield. Five if the claws spring from the fingers, three if they claws are Wolverine-style. Terrowin responds by swinging his morningstar at Kal's torso; should it hit, it will hurt. If Kal is secretly a supernatural, extraplanar agent of good disguised as a supernatural semi-native agent of evil, then the morningstar will glow brown and do more damage. Although if so, then Kal is a very good actor.

Five claws, though not in the vein of Lady Deathstrike or anything. Merely, his fingertips have gotten sharper. Lots sharper.
Kal leaps backwards, to dodge the blow, then attempts to tackle Terrowin to the ground.

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 07:25 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak's eyes widen as the potion goes down his throat. Then he sighs... Happily.

Curtains! :smalleek:

Cult things happen, I suppose. Poor drow, though he'll be enjoying it by the end. :smallyuk:

Merrak will likely wake in a fog, memories blurred. He'll probably remember quite a bit of what happened behind the curtain, involving most of the other cultists, including a few guys.

Things were kinda hazy. :smalltongue:

He's still on the sacrificial chamber, but not strapped down any more, and Jezebel's arm is around him. The air of the place is a bit stale, and filled with an entire mess of smells. He'll also probably notice he's covered in lots of small cuts, which if the potions worked right, he'll find that they hurt a lot, but it feels...nice. He also has the symbol of Slaanesh tattooed on him(you can decide where and decide how much the potions affected him in other ways.)

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 07:37 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak lays there for a second, his mind in turmoil. He tentatively touches one of the cuts and shivers in pain and delight... And horror about the new feeling. He then traces the tattoo under his left shoulder. The drow contemplates the symbol branded on him and its meaning, muttering the name now fixed into his mind. Slaanesh.

After a few seconds, he glances over to Jezebel. The drow is slightly surprised when he feels little contempt for the woman, though the feeling of disgust is still buried under the blur of the potions' effects and... other thoughts. He closes his eyes and lays his head back with a slight groan.

<"What has happened to me?"> :smalleek:

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 07:40 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Although Trahald had been trying to mess with Garth a bit, he appreciated being able to take it easy and concentrate on selling things. He probably had plenty of time to chat, too, and learn a thing or two about this Nexus place. When Garth started heading for the wagon, most of the crowd drifted off with an, "Awww..."

Trahald and Thekk were kept busy with several customers, for a bit, but Garth is approached by Rimpalome, the three-foot tall raven-looking dude that had been observing from a nearby rooftop. He is holding two kabobs and extends one to Garth with a talony hand. His speech is harsh and seems deliberately clipped, with a lot of beak clacking. "This is for you. He said that you would be hungry." Upon Garth's acceptance or refusal of the food, he peers back at Garth's kit and asks in a more friendly manner, "Is that all you have? Is it very heavy?"

Seeing him done and walking, Silva will try to approach him.

Hey! Hey! What's your name?

Garth almost continues on past Rimpalome, but he slowly comes to a halt. He takes a kabob, and simply nods in thanks.

"Yes, but it is not so heavy," he replies. He looks back at it, making sure no ne'er do well was rifling through his stuff, like occasionally happened. "Your wagon is... very attractive."

Upon Silva's approach, he glances in her direction out of the corner of his eye and watches her for a moment before responding. "Garth," he states, plainly. The corners of his mouth twitch, as though they wish to smile. He looks like he might do so, too, but instead he puts the kabob up to his mouth and takes a hearty bite.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 07:44 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Garth. Nice to meet you. I'm Silva. She smiles at him. I gotta say, it's been a while since I've seen anybody so graceful with fire. I take it you've been doing that for a while?

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 07:50 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak lays there for a second, his mind in turmoil. He tentatively touches one of the cuts and shivers in pain and delight... And horror about the new feeling. He then traces the tattoo under his left shoulder. The drow contemplates the symbol branded on him and its meaning, muttering the name now fixed into his mind. Slaanesh.

After a few seconds, he glances over to Jezebel. The drow is slightly surprised when he feels little contempt for the woman, though the feeling of disgust is still buried under the blur of the potions' effects and... other thoughts. He closes his eyes and lays his head back with a slight groan.

<"What has happened to me?"> :smalleek:

Secret Chamber

Jezebel smiles when she hears him. "Good morning, lover." She says, tracing a finger along one of his cuts before licking the blood off before kissing his neck. He'll feel his skin tingle where she touches him. "I know how you're feeling, it will still take a while to get used to it all."

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 07:55 PM
[Null Zone Street]

"Fourteen years, and counting." Which seems quite remarkable, given how young he looks. "It's all I really know."

Garth pauses for a moment, looking back and forth between Rimpalome and Silva. He takes another bite of kabob.

"I will be with you shortly," he tells the kenku(?). He then steps aside a little way and gives Silva his full attention.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 07:56 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Fourteen years? Wow. She nods appreciatively. Were you trained by somebody, or did you just pick it up outta nowhere?

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 07:58 PM
[Secret Chamber]

"Good morning..."

Merrak squeezes his eyes shut, still unfamiliar with the feeling. And the reply, which escapes his lips without him meaning too, unnerves the drow as well. His hand wanders over Jezebel's body almost without the dark elf's consent, the potion still clouding his mind.

"Everything feels... different. What... Have you done?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 08:02 PM
Secret Chamber

The Priestess smiles slyly. "I've awoken your senses fully." She says. He'll probably find that his senses are much sharper than before once his mind becomes unclouded. The smile changes just a bit, slightly amused. "And opened yourself to me a little."

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 08:03 PM
[Null Zone Street]

He makes a noise which is half chuckle, half grunt.

"You think this is the kind of thing you can just know, like that?" He clicks his fingers. "I was trained, yes."

He feels obliged to fully take his skull helmet off, which he slips under his non-kabob-holding arm, cradling it carefully with his palm. He wasn't quite sure why he was bothering to take the time to talk to this girl, given that he had more pressing matters to attend to, but he feels contented, somehow.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 08:05 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Silva smirks a little. Hey, some people have a natural talent for that stuff.

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 08:10 PM
[Null Zone Street]

"Yeah, well natural talent can only get you so far. And if it can get you further than that, then it ain't natural." He rips a big hunk of meat off the stick, and swallows it down, barely taking the time to chew. As Trahald had rightly guessed, he was hungry. "I've worked hard for this skill."

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 08:10 PM
[Secret Chamber]

"I... This..."

Merrak looks utterly uncertain, emotions conflicting as he's unsure what his true feelings are and which are artificial. He rubs his eyes, shivering even at the contact between his eyelids and fingertips.

"It feels... good." :smallsigh:

The drow looks a bit terrified to admit this. He tries to think of something snarky to say... But is a bit too lost to find anything appropriate. :smalleek:

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 08:12 PM
[Null Zone Street]

It definitely shows. She nods a little. The fire show all you do?

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 08:15 PM
Secret Chamber

Jezebel puts her head on his chest, tracing lines on his stomach. "Shhhh....just rest. Organize yourself. I can even return you to a room at Trog's if you want to rest alone for now. I remember how my first night was as well. Just remember, you're mine now. Mine and Slaanesh's."

TruorTupnm
2011-01-03, 08:17 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Rimpalome (not a kenku, mostly just a raven spirit that is technically possible to exist in Tolkien's universe) croaks what could be correctly guessed to be laughter, bows to them both, then flaps his way back to the roof of a nearby building. Trahald is still working at his wagon, but he'd stay back, not wanting to interrupt.

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 08:19 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak puts a hand on her head, briefly considering snapping the cultist's neck right then and there. But... He can't do it.

The drow shudders again, closing his eyes. He decides to meditate on the implications later. For now...

"Slaanesh? I'm afraid I'm rather unfamiliar with the god who has a claim to my soul."

There's the snark. :smallsigh:

McBish
2011-01-03, 08:20 PM
[Streets]

"Uh alright, so how much do you need? And what is your name exactly?" Cessie asks the strange being that called himself a 'demon'. (a concept that didn't exist in her own world.)

((Almost missed this one.))

Um, I don't know. 50 or so? And I'm called Jack.

He says still waiting for the other shoe to drop, something bad has to be about to happen.

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 08:22 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Garth looks up swiftly as the raven-man flies off, then back to Silva.

"Yes," he answers. He looks her up and down quickly with those dark eyes of his. "What is it that you do?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 08:27 PM
Secret Chamber

Jezebel smiles a bit, now obviously amused. "Then let me tell you about him. She is a wonderful God, a loving one..." Yes, she switched pronouns.

Yes, Slaanesh is both. :smalltongue:

She goes into a detailed description of Slaanesh, it's powers, and it's goals to bring bliss to everyone, to provide it's servants with gifts of pleasure, sensations...

To make people feel truly alive and to make them true to themselves, to indulge and experience new things. And in the end, to become part of him/her, to become one with all sensations, too feel them and grant them to others, all the while in a state of pure bliss.

All in all, she sounds very convincing, and he'll likely get the feeling that she's said this to many people.

What she doesn't say however, is how many cultists die during the process, accidentally killing themselves, or being hunted by other groups. She doesn't mention how many people mutate horribly or go insane, or that sometimes, Slaanesh and it's daemons will simply feed on souls just to sake their hunger.

What she doesn't mention, is that he is damned.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 08:28 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Silva waves her hand a little. Oh, a little of this, a little of that. Mostly any odd jobs I can find.

I'm pretty good with fire, myself, actually.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-03, 08:29 PM
[Streets]

"50? That isn't too much." Cessie replies as she takes up coins with a total worth of 50. "So... Jack, you remember what you promised to do if I gave you these coins right?" She says as she offers them to him.

McBish
2011-01-03, 08:31 PM
My rent is cheap, plus I mean, sure I could use more... but... He didn't really want to push his luck on his first guess of how much money she is going to hand over.

Yeah sure, no more hurting people, no problem. Unless they want to hurt him, then he will definitly try and hurt them.

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 08:35 PM
[Null Zone Street]

"Mmhmm, is that so?" He sounds mildly curious, though he's frowning a little now. "What is it you do with fire, then?"

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 08:38 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Create it. Control it. Course, I don't think I could pull off the dance you did.

VampireRot
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak listens, his expression still slightly mortified.

<"What have I gotten myself into this time?"> :smalleek:

He isn't naive enough to know that these things would be offered without any catch. Being a drow and all, he's untrusting and has expirience with evil gods. The clerics of evil gods, at least. He sighs and tries to see the good side of this, as always. Bliss...

"I suppose it will spice up my life a bit..." :smallsigh:

Merrak pinches his own cheek with one hand, still getting used to the sensation.

Shadowcaller
[Streets]

"Well... I got quite a lot of money." Cessie tells Jack and hands over a few coins more, looking quite uncertain about this herself.
"Thats enough right? I really shouldn't give away money like this."

Lord Magtok
2011-01-03, 08:48 PM
There's a good chance that Moondoh wouldn't have even noticed Magtok had the cyborg jumped clear and simply remained silent. Something Mini-Mag's sized would be pretty darn difficult to spot at any reasonable distance.

So... yeah.

Zorp away!

There are now eight dazed looking hobos passed out on the Un-Shrinkifier platform. The rest where no doubt reduced to a thin glaze of neutrons. What a shame.

The mad doctor glances around the room, looking somewhat confused. "What? Who talking to Moondoh? Moondoh secret lab is secret! No leaving!"

No leaving indeed.

Even now several minions come hobbling toward the hobos. Minions in question look like a green-skinned cross between a gibbon and an Oompa-Loompa. Each with one huge eye in the middle of their head.

And a mouth on their chest.

The poor unconscious people are then dragged away, no doubt to be prepped for further experiments.

Moondoh's Lab

Oh no, those poor hobos! Someone should do something to save them from the-Holy fudge are those minions ugly. Raptor Jesus, what did he do to those guys to make them look like that? Is that the same fate that the hobos are going to be facing soon?

Fudge, Magtok can't do anything about that when he's only this tall. Even at full size, rescuing hobos would be way more trouble than it's worth, and just get Maggy's teeth knocked out by the good doctor.

He's going to buzz about like a fly, looking around for some sort of exit, and maybe trail after the minions, just to see what they're up to. If he could take out a notepad to record what he sees, he would, but that'd just crush him to death now.

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 08:49 PM
Secret Chamber

Jezebel sits up, an eyebrow raised, when she hears the sigh. "Is something wrong?" She asks. "I know it'll take a while to get used to it, but are you disappointed?" She doesn't betray how she feels about the thought of that.

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 08:53 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Garth straightens up, brow furrowing, then finishes off the rest of his kabob. Without a warning, he shoves that skull of his back onto his head and pulls it down over his face.

"It was nice talking to you, Silva." And then, with a curt nod, he rather rudely turns tail and continues on over towards the wagon, chucking the stick aside.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 08:59 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Well, she wasn't expecting that.

Um...you too, Garth... He should be able to tell from her tone that's she's surprised by the sudden change in additude. Are you doing another show soon?

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 09:00 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak stops pinching himself and runs a finger down the side of his face. Again, testing the sensation

"Not exactly... disappointed. This feels good... Just very different. But it's going to cause trouble later, I know it."

The drow stares at Jezebel, red eyes contemplative. He shakes his head.

"But this doesn't seem to a place to worry about the future... I am... not disappointed."

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 09:03 PM
[Null Zone Street]

He looks back over his shoulder, dark eyes staring out of the dragon skull's huge, empty eye-sockets.

"I perform every day."

In short, yes.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-03, 09:06 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Unless Silva looks to be about to, um, be hot-headed at the guy, Trahald waves and grins, as Garth approaches. The few remaining customers are dealt with by Thekk. Trahald mimes a few of the movements that Garth's performance included, as he exclaims, "You're very good! Our business thanks you. I wonder what I might add to your act? I can certainly juggle well!"

He pauses for a bit to look as if he's considering that, but he shakes his head. "Nah. Our styles are too different. I aim to make people laugh. You make them wonder!" He offers a friendly smile and swings the plate of kabob fixin's over. "Care to talk shop?"

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 09:09 PM
[Null Zone Street]

He looks back over his shoulder, dark eyes staring out of the dragon skull's huge, empty eye-sockets.

"I perform every day."

In short, yes.

Okay then. She nods a little. I'll catch another performance, then.

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 09:10 PM
Secret Chamber

The cultist smiles a bit and gets off the table, ignoring her lack of clothing and the dozens of cuts and scratches on her body. "I don't wish to leave you alone, not at this time, but there are things I need to attend to. I hope you understand. If you want, one of the others around here can answer any questions you have." No one else is in the chamber at the moment, but there's a couple exits. He'll probably also notice that the symbols that hurt to look at before, don't do so now, and in fact, look like people doing...things best left undescribed, but with the cult's theme, it's probably obvious. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 09:18 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak nods and watches Jezebel leave. He then gives the symbols on the wall a hard stare before looking around to see if there is any clothing lying around. He'd prefer to find his own clothes, with hidden weapons intact, but anything to make himself decent would be nice.

Whether or not he finds anything to put on, the drow sits down on a cushion to meditate and rest.

Baeleck
2011-01-03, 09:18 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Garth thinks that he may have been a little harsh on Silva, but he couldn't abide magic-users. It was cheating. That was how he considered it. Sometimes, it required so little effort... He hopes that Silva does, at least, have to really exert herself to control and create fire. That would make her more worthy of his attention, certainly.

Garth nods in thanks upon arriving at the stall. "It was quite a crowd we collected," he says, smiling away beneath his helmet, "I thought at first you were trying to steal attention, but... well, look where cooperation can get you."

He seems enthused, and likes Trahald's way of talking. He liked how he said 'aim to make people laugh', then 'you make them wonder'. There was a modesty about him, thought Garth.

He nods at his last question. "Yes, I think I would."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 09:24 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Silva's abilities are more like Fire Benders. She was born with the ability to do it, but she had to practice to get better. And has to keep up on her practice.

And most of how she controls the fire does involve movement rather than thought.

She idly creates a small fireball in her hand and starts tossing it into the air and catching it.

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 09:25 PM
Secret Chamber

Merrak will find his clothing and weapons folded neatly and set on a nearby table, next to the empty potions, though all symbols of Lloth will have been removed if possible, and if appropriate and able to be hidden, replaced with ones of Slaanesh.

Rebonack
2011-01-03, 09:32 PM
[Doctor Moondoh's Secret Lab of Secrets]

Magtok quickly glances about for an exit! There are several convenient air vents dotted here and there around the lab. Just wide enough for someone to crawl through if they had the power to turn into a perfect sphere at will.

Maybe a description of the lab in general is in order?

It's your standard mad genius' lair.

Metal stretchers with restraints attached to giant gears in the floor. Massive mechanical contrivances belching steam and crackling with electricity. Vats full of neon green slime. Bubbling glass ware.

Machines of no doubt nefarious purpose. All of them with a rather distinct steam-punk flare.

Several spidery looking machines skitter past, sparking with errant lightning bolts and brains sloshing in jars mounted atop them.

Should Magtok follow the Minions he'll find two hobos being strapped to a pair of stretchers while the others are tossed into some giant iron bird cages attached to chains. Perhaps unsurprisingly the cages are then hoisted toward the ceiling with a really annoying clanking sound.

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 09:34 PM
[Secret Chamber]*

Merrak puts on all his clothes. He is amused to find the one symbol of Lolth, which is tucked away with his house symbol, changed to one of Slaanesh. Not like he ever really worshipped her.

The drow shivers in delight as the subtle and finely woven chainmail brushes against the small cuts adorning his body. He sits down and breaths deeply, trying to master the sensation. Once calm, Merrak falls into a trance.

*Not Doctor Moondoh's. Well, it could be, as he does go where he pleases, but its probably not.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-03, 09:39 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trahald smirks and shrugs sheepishly. "I thought that I was going to compete with you, at first, too, but," He nods. "You really kept me busy over here, with all of that business!" He eyes whatever Garth's using to carry the money that he collected. "I believe that we'd work well, as a team." He holds his hands up, anticipating a quick refusal. "Or I could just try to keep my nose out of your side of town, if you prefer. I don't need to make any enemies, here."

He waves to the last customers, as they walk away, then hikes himself up to sit at the front of the wagon. "But let me introduce my boss, Thekk!" The tall man is inside the wagon, packing things away. He grunts something that might be a tired-sounding greeting, but Trahald doesn't seem to notice, as he waves up to Rimpalome, up on a roof. "And there is Rimpalome, our scout and sometimes toymaker. I do all the hard work, around here."

He lets Garth grab a bit more off of the plate, if he wants any, then hands it back into the wagon. "It's been a long day. And that performance must have taken it out of you? Care for a ride to Trog's? We can talk over drinks." He cranes his neck around Garth to wave to Silva. "I'm offering a ride to you, too, if you want! The more, the merrier!"

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 09:46 PM
Secret Chamber

Merrak won't be interrupted, the rest of the cult given instructions to let him rest and recuperate. Even so, a few people sneak looks at him from the corridors, men and women of various races.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-03, 09:49 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Silva catches the fireball, then turns to Trahald and shakes her head. Nah, I'm good. Thanks, though.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-03, 09:53 PM
[Yellow Zone]

Frank is taking a stroll outside his normal area. Any day now, the warehouse will be ready and things can begin in earnest. For now, he's happy to buy a ludicrously expensive cup of espresso at a cafe and read the paper.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-03, 09:55 PM
[Null Zone Street]

Trahald turns back to speak with Thekk, although he's intentionally speaking loud enough for Silva to hear, "Can you believe it, boss? Well, maybe we'll see her around again, before Valentine's." He turns back to Garth, whose player seems to be off for the night. While he waits around, he snickers to himself about Valentine's, the Christmas for alchemists.

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 09:57 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Every time someone glances in to look at the drow, one of his eyes flick open. Merrak is having a hard time focusing with all the extra sensory information, and being able to notice every cultist watching him doesn't help the paranoid elf. The tingling cuts distract him as well. After a while, he just ignores the people and the warnings of danger his extra extra-sharp ears give him and falls further into the trance.

Not something the drow does often, as it takes more than a twig being stepped on to wake him. But its necessary to order his thoughts at the moment, giving up safety for contemplation. The poison and weaker potion's effects are finally expelled and he knows which thoughts are his own. Though some of the potions still have a hold in his mind, the drow just doesn't know it.

Darklord Bright
2011-01-03, 10:06 PM
[Rooftops – Yellow]

Trix takes a running leap over a gap in two roofs, the street several storeys below her as she sails over the break. She hits the roof on the other side, and forward rolls to absorb the impact, picking herself up and continuing to run across the yellow zone. She hasn’t had any contact from her employer in a while, and is starting to get restless for work.

She thinks about her current position in the world – alone, in unfamiliar lands, her home city of Naddijath far behind her. She barely thinks as she kicks between two walls, using one to propel herself to the other until she latches onto a ledge, pulling herself up onto another roof and continuing to move. How long will it be until one of her father’s agents comes to retrieve her? Does he even care that she is gone? She shakes her head. If any of his agents did come, she could avoid them all.

As she rounds a corner, however, she suddenly feels as if she’s hit a wall of needles, stopping abruptly and twisting into the air! She cries out, hissing in pain. Magic! It was magic! Eyes watered with the pain, she manages to hold them open –

No… oh god, no.

“Hello, dear sister.” Says Iferi, one hand held up to her twin as she holds her in the air with her magic. Trix writhes, spits and hisses, the magic feeling as if it is slowly burning her beneath the skin when a normal man would hardly feel more than the sensation of being held in a vice. Her sister is smiling. She always smiles.

“If- Iferi!” Trix chokes, struggling in the air as if trying to pry invisible hands from her throat, “Why would he – ack - send you-“

“Tsk, tsk, dear sister, did you think that our father would send one of his agents when he could send his best to resolve the situation with haste? It seems that you have lost your judgement in the time you have spent here.”

Trix kicks in the air, cursing. She hates being helpless – and Iferi has always been able to render her so.

“But- uh – Iferi! Why does he, um – hng! – care about me up here? I'm out of his, uh, hands!”

Iferi shakes her head slowly and sighs as if dealing with a child, then explains, “Father does not wish to have such poor representation of house Irumocuri on the surface. He has sent me to simultaneously keep you in check… and to offer a… better perspective upon us as a people.” she smiles, "All I need you to do... is to do nothing without my express consent. And this is not an offer, it is an order from father himself. Or have you lost all respect in his wishes?" Her words, as always, are calm... and yet forceful.

Trix has begun to slow in her struggles despite the pain. There is nothing she can do to break the hold, and Iferi has more power than she does even if she were to get free.

"H- ahk... how can you be sure you can, um, you know, police me? I could just run as soon as you, uh, let go!"

Iferi doesn't change her expression from that smile, she simply twitches her fingers slightly. Trix is twirled so that her back is facing her sister. Suddenly, the back of her shirt tears straight down to just above her tail.

"I was prepared for this, sister. Since I know you cannot be trusted on your own, I have been instructed to brand you with your orders. I believe you know how this works. Once I am finished here, you will not be able to do anything contrary to what I tell you to do unless I myself see fit to remove the brand."

Trix's eyes widen. Her struggling begins anew, now coupled with shouts and cries of desperation.

((Feel free to save her, anyone, or do something less helpful :smalltongue:))

Murkus
2011-01-03, 10:12 PM
Rooftops - Yellow

Someone hears. A voice, middle-aged, human, comes from behind Iferi. Yannovick's tone seems too friendly even now. "Excuse me. Sounds like you're making her uncomfortable."

McBish
2011-01-03, 10:16 PM
[Streets]

"Well... I got quite a lot of money." Cessie tells Jack and hands over a few coins more, looking quite uncertain about this herself.
"Thats enough right? I really shouldn't give away money like this."

[Streets]

Well I do appreciate it. Um... thanks.

Jack says taking the money and starting to back away.

Darklord Bright
2011-01-03, 10:18 PM
Rooftops - Yellow

Someone hears. A voice, middle-aged, human, comes from behind Iferi. Yannovick's tone seems too friendly even now. "Excuse me. Sounds like you're making her uncomfortable."

Iferi pauses. She's fairly strained, in all honesty, from having to keep Trix held for so long and now readying to preform a complicated branding spell, but she endeavors not to show it.

"Indeed she does." she says pleasantly, before looking over her shoulder.

"This is family business, I'm afraid. I would ask you to pass this by without incident."

Murkus
2011-01-03, 10:25 PM
"Family matters shouldn't make one cry out for help." Yannovick, in his typical dark overcoat, folds his hands behind his back. "I'm afraid I can't. Just not the type of guy." His son Ordo might've just passed this by, but y'know, alignment differences. "Now, I'm actually late for a meeting with my family, so if you'd kindly just step off of her, we can speed this up a bit."

McBish
2011-01-03, 10:27 PM
[Yellow Zone]

Frank is taking a stroll outside his normal area. Any day now, the warehouse will be ready and things can begin in earnest. For now, he's happy to buy a ludicrously expensive cup of espresso at a cafe and read the paper.

He might notice Angie sitting at the Cafe eating a scone. Then again he might not since she has her ignore me aura up. Depends on how strong willed he is.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-03, 10:31 PM
Frank's in the habit of keeping wards up that detect that sort of thing. He's fairly strong willed; being in the Necromancy business helps with that. He'll pull up a chair next to Angie. "Hello, the name's Frank. Couldn't help but notice that ward you have up."

Darklord Bright
2011-01-03, 10:32 PM
"Family matters shouldn't make one cry out for help." Yannovick, in his typical dark overcoat, folds his hands behind his back. "I'm afraid I can't. Just not the type of guy." His son Ordo might've just passed this by, but y'know, alignment differences. "Now, I'm actually late for a meeting with my family, so if you'd kindly just step off of her, we can speed this up a bit."

Trix is struggling to try and look around behind her to see who is talking. Iferi, losing some of her focus, subconsciously lowers the amount of power in the hold, and while her sister is still held in the air, she is able to move parts of her a little easier, and manages to half-turn.

Iferi, still smiling, has turned her attention to Yannovick. Her voice gets low.

"I won't ask you again, sir."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-03, 10:32 PM
[Yellow Zone]

[Streets]

Well I do appreciate it. Um... thanks.

Jack says taking the money and starting to back away.

Cessie smiles a bit at Jack, "Bye then, and remember what I told you."

She waves good bye to the thief and then walks along the streets of inside, intending to explore the city a bit.

Which is by the point she can see Frank again and she instantly know something is up. She should call the guard. "Hey, what are you doing here?" She says with a harsh tone at Frank. "Not threatening anymore innocent people I hope?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 10:34 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Every time someone glances in to look at the drow, one of his eyes flick open. Merrak is having a hard time focusing with all the extra sensory information, and being able to notice every cultist watching him doesn't help the paranoid elf. The tingling cuts distract him as well. After a while, he just ignores the people and the warnings of danger his extra extra-sharp ears give him and falls further into the trance.

Not something the drow does often, as it takes more than a twig being stepped on to wake him. But its necessary to order his thoughts at the moment, giving up safety for contemplation. The poison and weaker potion's effects are finally expelled and he knows which thoughts are his own. Though some of the potions still have a hold in his mind, the drow just doesn't know it.

The next time Merrak comes to, he'll see the Daemonette from the night before sitting cross legged in front of him, smiling slightly and watching his movements. Now that his vision is cleared of the potions, he'll see it clearer, and that it's somehow both terrifying and beautiful at the same time. It seems to exude some sort of scent made to attract people to her. "I see you've come far." Her voice is a lot like Jezebel's, possibly passing as a sister's, and is equally bewitching in it's melodious qualities.

McBish
2011-01-03, 10:36 PM
Cessie smiles a bit at Jack, "By then, and remember what I told you."

She waves good bye to the thief and then walks along the streets of inside, intending to explore the city a bit.

Jack will wait for her to leave and then turns tail and gets out of there.

Frank's in the habit of keeping wards up that detect that sort of thing. He's fairly strong willed; being in the Necromancy business helps with that. He'll pull up a chair next to Angie. "Hello, the name's Frank. Couldn't help but notice that ward you have up."

Hm... oh yes, sometimes one likes a bit of privacy. I am called Angie. She says smiling at him and then looking over at the other woman.

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 10:41 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak flicks open his eyes. Once he sees the Daemonette in front of him, the drow tenses and reaches for his weapons. His augmented senses picks up the scent more quickly than his reflexes, however, and the drow hesitates. His even more sensitive ears quiver as her voice goes into them. Merrak has a hard time holding a blank expression.

"I have..."

The dark elf's gaze flickers over the Daemonette.

"What... are you?" :smallconfused:

Murkus
2011-01-03, 10:43 PM
Trix is struggling to try and look around behind her to see who is talking. Iferi, losing some of her focus, subconsciously lowers the amount of power in the hold, and while her sister is still held in the air, she is able to move parts of her a little easier, and manages to half-turn.

Iferi, still smiling, has turned her attention to Yannovick. Her voice gets low.

"I won't ask you again, sir."

"No, I suppose you won't." Yannovick stands firm, evening his weight. He remains perfectly still, his full-faced beard stretched to either side in a smile. The psion seems almost serene. "But for the sake of good morals, I can't leave you to do as you please." The slightest tense. "So here we go."

Moff Chumley
2011-01-03, 10:46 PM
Hm... oh yes, sometimes one likes a bit of privacy. I am called Angie. She says smiling at him and then looking over at the other woman.

"I can certainly understand that. Must be a useful spell."

Then Cessie shows up. Frank's brow furrows for a moment, and then smooths over an instant later. "Hey, imagine seeing you again. Cessie, wasn't it? I'm sorry, it seems we got off on the wrong foot."

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 10:46 PM
Secret Chamber

The daemonette smiles, showing a couple sharp teeth. He may remember those from the night before. >.>

"I am a Daemonette, the embodiment of my Lord Slaanesh's will. A...gift to his faithful. And Jezebel has been very faithful indeed, so I am to serve her." She says, the smile turning sly. "And by extent, I am to help you if I believe to do so."

Darklord Bright
2011-01-03, 10:49 PM
"No, I suppose you won't." Yannovick stands firm, evening his weight. He remains perfectly still, his full-faced beard stretched to either side in a smile. The psion seems almost serene. "But for the sake of good morals, I can't leave you to do as you please." The slightest tense. "So here we go."

Her smile falters. Something isn't right about the way he is reacting to this situation, and in her mind she suddenly understands that she might have misjudged him as an ordinary man.

There is only a moment's pause before she suddenly swings the hand that is holding Trix and hurtles her towards him, stepping to the side to let it happen.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-03, 10:49 PM
[Yellow Zone - Coffe]

"Yes..." She says a bit confused by his changed attitude, glancing a bit at Angie as she speaks. "What are you doing here Frank? And who is this?"

McBish
2011-01-03, 10:51 PM
Oh it isn't a spell, just part of my natural abilities.

She smiles watching the interaction between the other two, not sure what is going on, but not caring. She also subtly tries to pick up what their emotions are right now with her empathic abilities.

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 10:54 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak notes the teeth, the corners of his mouth twinging at the memory. After a small mental debate, he settles on a slight smirk instead of a scowl.

"Oh? You are here to serve, as a lesser?"

The drow's eyebrow quirk, and his eye gleam a bit.

"Just how exactly would you... help me?"

Moff Chumley
2011-01-03, 10:55 PM
In response to Cessie, frank swirls his espresso. "Getting a drink. Would you like something?"

Frank's emotions? Neatly controlled rage, with some paranoia thrown in. But they're hidden fairly well. "Ah, interesting." Frank taps is iPhone. "I make a study of this sort of thing."

Murkus
2011-01-03, 10:56 PM
Her smile falters. Something isn't right about the way he is reacting to this situation, and in her mind she suddenly understands that she might have misjudged him as an ordinary man.

There is only a moment's pause before she suddenly swings the hand that is holding Trix and hurtles her towards him, stepping to the side to let it happen.

Hurtles as in throws? I mean, unless she's swinging Trix like a weapon. Which would be clever, but odd.

If it is the former, then Yannovick falls backwards with an oof, Trix knocking him to the roof. He quickly tries to slide out from under her, gripping her shoulder to push Trix off before sitting up in preparation for an assault of some kind.

His expression remains calm, if suddenly a bit more wary.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-03, 10:58 PM
Cessie is mostly calmed and relaxed at the moment, those are her top emotions unless Angie can dig deeper then that.

"I... guess?" She peers at Frank suspiciously, but decides to sit down.

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 11:01 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak notes the teeth, the corners of his mouth twinging at the memory. After a small mental debate, he settles on a slight smirk instead of a scowl.

"Oh? You are here to serve, as a lesser?"

The drow's eyebrow quirk, and his eye gleam a bit.

"Just how exactly would you... help me?"

Secret Chamber

The Daemonette erupts into laughter. "As a lesser? Hah!" She smirks a bit. "Think of me as protecting my Lord's interests. It has...perks you might say." She looks up and down, judging him. "I believe that would have to depend on what you ask for, wouldn't it?"

Darklord Bright
2011-01-03, 11:02 PM
Hurtles as in throws? I mean, unless she's swinging Trix like a weapon. Which would be clever, but odd.

If it is the former, then Yannovick falls backwards with an oof, Trix knocking him to the roof. He quickly tries to slide out from under her, gripping her shoulder to push Trix off before sitting up in preparation for an assault of some kind.

His expression remains calm, if suddenly a bit more wary.

She threw her, yes.

And as he's getting up, Iferi grips Trix with her magic again despite her protests, and raises her up into the air and brings her back down towards him, hard.

McBish
2011-01-03, 11:04 PM
[Cafe]

And I am Angie. She says to Cessie. And while she can dig deeper she isn't right now.

Really Frank? You study natural abilities. Must be why you came to the Nexus.

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 11:09 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak smirks, thinking.

"Hmm... The expected question is obvious, of course. But I want to know what else you have to offer besides carnal activities. What other pleasures are there? And... what power is there to be gained?"

Moff Chumley
2011-01-03, 11:12 PM
[Cafe]

And I am Angie. She says to Cessie. And while she can dig deeper she isn't right now.

Really Frank? You study natural abilities. Must be why you came to the Nexus.

"Not natural abilities so much as their effects. I'm a... I'm not sure what you would call it here. I study the occult."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-03, 11:14 PM
[Yellow Zone - Cafe]

"A pleasure to meet you Angie." Cessie replies with a polite nod and a smile.
"And you study the occult Frank? Interesting, so what were you planning to do with that man exactly? Maybe I misunderstood?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 11:18 PM
Secret Chamber

The Daemonette smiles and stands."Well said. Much better than most of the others. Jezebel is right, you do have potential. Other than my expected "answer"" she says with a smirk. "I am a protector and assassin. And much more dangerous than you'll ever dream. I'm also a bit of a consultant and provide a much more direct line of communication to our Lord." Her smirk turns back into a smile. "As for power...let me show you." She says, offering her human hand.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-03, 11:19 PM
Half-Truth powers activate. Frank smiles thinly. "That man had a demon in control of his cartesian theater. I was trying to get the demon and the host to a location where I could safely seperate them, but unfortunately, that won't be happening."

McBish
2011-01-03, 11:20 PM
[Cafe]

Likewise. Angie says to the other woman. And watches to see how Frank reacts to whatever he is being accused of.

VampireRot
2011-01-03, 11:21 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak glances down at the hand. He briefly considers palming a poisoned dart (assuming those weren't confiscated from his clothing) and stabbing her, but it probably wouldn't work. He mentally shrugs and reaches forward to take her hand.

"Very well..."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-03, 11:23 PM
Half-Truth powers activate. Frank smiles thinly. "That man had a demon in control of his cartesian theater. I was trying to get the demon and the host to a location where I could safely seperate them, but unfortunately, that won't be happening."

[Cafe]

Likewise. Angie says to the other woman. And watches to see how Frank reacts to whatever he is being accused of.

"Oh, I'm so very sorry." Cessie apologizes to Frank but then raises an eyebrow. "But why didn't you tell me Frank? I had no idea you were doing the man a favor there."

Moff Chumley
2011-01-03, 11:27 PM
Frank's smile widens. "Because I'm afraid it wasn't any of your business. The only reason I'm telling you now, is because he's probably beyond help. Of course, I should've handled the situation better. You're right." Frank waves to a waiter. "This coffee is very good, you should get some." :smallsmile:

McBish
2011-01-03, 11:32 PM
[Cafe]

Angie shrinks back and keeps her ignore me aura up strong as the waiter comes back, making sure she won't be noticed by him.

Murkus
2011-01-03, 11:32 PM
She threw her, yes.

And as he's getting up, Iferi grips Trix with her magic again despite her protests, and raises her up into the air and brings her back down towards him, hard.

Yannovick is halfway to his feet when Trix slams into his chest again, winding him. The older fellow staggers a bit, blinking, his coat flapping in the high winter wind.

Then he's not an old fellow anymore.

In his place is Yann's mindform, the eldritch beast so overly-described in his CS. His lower body is currently a mass of writhing, ridged tentacles that form up in a slender position to move about. A set of black armor, edged with gold, materializes on his upper body. Including a helmet that lacks eye-slits.

The Blind Lord stands there, hoping his intimidation factor will be enough to scare Iferi off. Because frankly, he's still adapting his combat abilities.

UncleWolf
2011-01-03, 11:36 PM
[Secret Chamber]

Merrak glances down at the hand. He briefly considers palming a poisoned dart (assuming those weren't confiscated from his clothing) and stabbing her, but it probably wouldn't work. He mentally shrugs and reaches forward to take her hand.

"Very well..."

The Daemonette guides him out of the room, and into a much larger chamber (to be described in a new thread as this scene is getting quite a bit larger than initially anticipated. Should be up later tonight)

Shadowcaller
2011-01-03, 11:38 PM
Frank's smile widens. "Because I'm afraid it wasn't any of your business. The only reason I'm telling you now, is because he's probably beyond help. Of course, I should've handled the situation better. You're right." Frank waves to a waiter. "This coffee is very good, you should get some." :smallsmile:

[Cafe]

Angie shrinks back and keeps her ignore me aura up strong as the waiter comes back, making sure she won't be noticed by him.

"Oh, but thats terrible. Are you sure there isn't any way to help him?" Cessie says as she glances at the waiter. "Ermh, sure, but I would prefer water. I have heard this 'coffee' is a bit like a drug."

McBish
2011-01-03, 11:43 PM
Angie smirks a bit as she compares coffee to a drug.

Darklord Bright
2011-01-03, 11:57 PM
Yannovick is halfway to his feet when Trix slams into his chest again, winding him. The older fellow staggers a bit, blinking, his coat flapping in the high winter wind.

Then he's not an old fellow anymore.

In his place is Yann's mindform, the eldritch beast so overly-described in his CS. His lower body is currently a mass of writhing, ridged tentacles that form up in a slender position to move about. A set of black armor, edged with gold, materializes on his upper body. Including a helmet that lacks eye-slits.

The Blind Lord stands there, hoping his intimidation factor will be enough to scare Iferi off. Because frankly, he's still adapting his combat abilities.

This is certainly enough to give Iferi pause. She's already tired from her use of Trix as a bludgeoning tool, and is coming to terms with the fact that she is running out of options. Despite not attacking, however, she's not moving, either, probably still a little shocked by the sudden transformation.

Trix, meanwhile, is trying to struggle to her feet, but is probably in the middle of tentacles.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-04, 12:06 AM
"Oh, but thats terrible. Are you sure there isn't any way to help him?" Cessie says as she glances at the waiter. "Ermh, sure, but I would prefer water. I have heard this 'coffee' is a bit like a drug."

"Well, I'm afraid you've heard wrong." :smalltongue: "But, if you'd rather not, I'm not one to force things on people." You know, aside from shoving demons into their heads. :smallcool:

Murkus
2011-01-04, 12:07 AM
Yellow Zone - Rooftop

The Blind Lord, realizing, probably slides forward a bit. If only to put himself between Trix and Iferi, as well as get his odd appendages off of the poor girl.

"I don't mean to interfere with family matters. But you must understand, anyone with a scrap of moral fiber can't just ignore this."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-04, 12:12 AM
[Cafe]

"Well, I rather not take any chances." Cessie replies as she just orders plain water. "But weren't there any way you could help this poor man? How did he get a demon inside of him anyway?"

Darklord Bright
2011-01-04, 12:14 AM
Yellow Zone - Rooftop

Iferi takes a step back, her smile turned into a scowl.
"You won't be here to protect her forever."
And then she turns, running off back into the shadows.

Trix, shaking, has crawled to the edge of the rooftop, leaning against the barrier and staring at the thing in front of her in total fear. It's understandable, really. She is still shaking from her prior encounter, and still aching and bruised from both the magic and the forced bludgeoning.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-04, 12:16 AM
[Cafe]

"Well, I rather not take any chances." Cessie replies as she just orders plain water. "But weren't there any way you could help this poor man? How did he get a demon inside of him anyway?"

Frank shrugs. "I haven't a clue."

McBish
2011-01-04, 12:22 AM
[Cafe]

There are a lot of strange things in this place. Maybe someone put the demon there for some reason? Angie says shrugging.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-04, 12:26 AM
[Cafe]

"Perhaps..." Cessie replies to Agnie's theory, sighting a bit. "I just feel terrible for that poor man now, I didn't know after all. Is there something I can do to make up for it Frank?"

((deadtime))

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 11:48 AM
((How does Din know about the beetles? I mentioned it in OoC. The branding is more obvious, they're slaves after all, and the tongue being cut out could be worked out so I don't have problems with those))

Tarena shakes her heads at Din's words, and draws with her finger on Din's leg the sign of a two-tailed scorpion. The meaning might not be obvious, and the sign might not be, either.

Temple of Dalachrech- Entranceway

Decker is met by the mace-wielding figure with the demonic face grinning from his helmet. The mace is made of helliron, and if the mace hits Decker, it will try to sap her strength.

Terrowin is tackled to the ground by Kal, giving Kal an advantage. But also the dissadvantage that the beetle-clad figure can take a whack at him with its baobab-wood staff. The staff isn't magic, so might not do much damage. However, it is swung with a lot of force, Kal's probably not looking at anything other than Terrowin, and his position over Terrowin gives quite a large target to be hit.

The other priests are approaching the two fights, but won't intervene yet.

Gullara
2011-01-04, 01:34 PM
[Pontius' Custom Constructs]

Ghar teleports into the store with a loud pop to announce his presence. He looks around for Pontius.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 01:40 PM
Pontius's Custom Constructs

Pontius rides his chair to the entrance of his modest little warehouse. "You here for the favour, or to peruse my finest products, or even to see what I'm doing with my payment?"

((Not much longer on till after supper))

Gullara
2011-01-04, 01:43 PM

"The first, but I would be interested in the last." Ghar says. Hovering beside him are several bars of a metal that Pontius has likely never seen before.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 01:48 PM

"OK then. What do you want?" Yes, he's rude. He's also greedy, which Ghar knows, and is also interested in the metal. Specifically its golemcrafting properties.

Gullara
2011-01-04, 01:53 PM

"Very well." He gestures to the metal. "This is called etherium. I need your help in working with it. But first, take this." He holds out a small glass orb to Pontius.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 01:57 PM

One of the arms on his golemchair will take the orb from Ghar and give it to Pontius. "Etherium... Doesn't ring any bells. What's it do?" Pontius is examining the orb closely, sniffing it, feeling it, listening to it etc. The only thing he won't do is taste it; the orb might be poisonous, or require ingestion to activate.

((Deadtime))

Gullara
2011-01-04, 02:09 PM

Actually it only requires touch to activate. The monent it contacts him it should put the memories (http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/stf/13) of a being that mastered the art of working etherium into his mind.

This involves flashes of things shaped by etherium and infused with it.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=174912
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=174900
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=183063
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=175014
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=174888
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=179252
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=176435
It also details how to work with it. No link for this, but infusing a living thing with it involves pouring liquid etherium into the middle of the part you want to replace. For example if you want to replace an arm, cut down to the bone and pour the etherium into the cut.

Ghar watches Pontius' reaction.

iElf
2011-01-04, 02:25 PM
((How does Din know about the beetles? I mentioned it in OoC. The branding is more obvious, they're slaves after all, and the tongue being cut out could be worked out so I don't have problems with those))

Tarena shakes her heads at Din's words, and draws with her finger on Din's leg the sign of a two-tailed scorpion. The meaning might not be obvious, and the sign might not be, either.

Temple of Dalachrech- Entranceway

Decker is met by the mace-wielding figure with the demonic face grinning from his helmet. The mace is made of helliron, and if the mace hits Decker, it will try to sap her strength.

Terrowin is tackled to the ground by Kal, giving Kal an advantage. But also the dissadvantage that the beetle-clad figure can take a whack at him with its baobab-wood staff. The staff isn't magic, so might not do much damage. However, it is swung with a lot of force, Kal's probably not looking at anything other than Terrowin, and his position over Terrowin gives quite a large target to be hit.

The other priests are approaching the two fights, but won't intervene yet.

((she's thinking about the "dream" she had))

Din sighs "...I refuse to serve a god who accepts slavery..."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 02:59 PM

"And my question is answered. What do you want me to do with it?" Because something like this can't be a gift, unless it's for a custom construct and the rest is payment. Not in Pontius's mind, anyway.

((Fair enough.))

If Din's own brand is visible, then Rebecka will tap at it. If not, then she won't. Tarena smiles, sadly, and Eirik frowns slightly.

iElf
2011-01-04, 03:02 PM

"And my question is answered. What do you want me to do with it?" Because something like this can't be a gift, unless it's for a custom construct and the rest is payment. Not in Pontius's mind, anyway.

((Fair enough.))

If Din's own brand is visible, then Rebecka will tap at it. If not, then she won't. Tarena smiles, sadly, and Eirik frowns slightly.

it may be visible. Din nods "..ok then...that's where the brand is...I'll try to keep you safe. I won't leave until you are free."

Gullara
2011-01-04, 03:04 PM

"I need you to infuse my left arm with etherium. Out of goodwill I will give you a bar of the metal." Ghar says. He attempts to scan Pontius' mind to gauge his reaction to this request and his goodwill toward Ghar.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 03:12 PM

"I can do that. But will also ask why you don't do it yourself, if I may?" Pontius seems willing to do it. Not sadistically, just interested enough to do what he's asked. And he wants some etherium for himself.

Rebecka shakes her head. That's not what she meant, and Rebecka taps at Din's brand again. It'd be easier if she had a tongue, or could write, but the slaves were chosen for illeterecy and had their tongues removed so that they could witness secret rituals without telling anybody outside the clergy.

iElf
2011-01-04, 03:14 PM

"I can do that. But will also ask why you don't do it yourself, if I may?" Pontius seems willing to do it. Not sadistically, just interested enough to do what he's asked. And he wants some etherium for himself.

Rebecka shakes her head. That's not what she meant, and Rebecka taps at Din's brand again. It'd be easier if she had a tongue, or could write, but the slaves were chosen for illeterecy and had their tongues removed so that they could witness secret rituals without telling anybody outside the clergy.

Din sighs, and holds Rebeka's face. she then tries to heal her tongue back

Gullara
2011-01-04, 03:14 PM

Ghar frowns deeply, "You saw how it is done. I have access to many more memories like that. The one receiving the etherium is rarely coherent. It is as painful as it looks."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 03:20 PM

Feeling her tongue regrow, Rebecka panics and tries to break free. Seeing her distress, Tarena and Eirik try to pull Din's hands off her. All of them look scared.

"Oh, yes." Sorry; that wasn't made clear by the post. "Very well, I will do this for you. Do you want it done here, or downstairs?" I'm not sure if Ghar's seen the golem production line.

iElf
2011-01-04, 03:23 PM
Din lets go, and lays back on her back "...I just want to help..."

Gullara
2011-01-04, 03:26 PM

No problem, Pontius probably wouldn't have realized that from what memories he got any way. And Ghar has seen the production line I believe. When he paid for Nite's repairs.

"Downstairs would be best." He says. He doesn't need anyone else around when he is vulnerable, even if he will have defenses.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 03:33 PM
Pontius's Custom Constructs- Golem Workshop

"OK then, please follow me." His chair turns around and Pontius rides to the large ramp in the back of the room. The chair walks down, and revealed are the four large bed/tables upon which golems are being constructed and, in the corner, are four cauldrons bubbling over fires and stirred by automated arms. One of the arms on his chair is given a knife by a table whittling the face onto a wood golem which in turn is passed to Pontius.

Rebecka smiles, shakes her head and tries to pats Din's shoulder as a way of saying 'I know, but that wouldn't have helped in the long run'. Tarena and Eirik smile as well, but Tarena's still slightly upset judging by her tail.

Gullara
2011-01-04, 03:40 PM
[Pontius's Custom Constructs- Golem Workshop]

Ghar follows him down and when they arrive quickly looks around, taking in every detail.

Ghar starts muttering something and the air begins to seethe around him. It settles a moment later.

"I am ready."

iElf
2011-01-04, 03:41 PM
Din smiles "...I wouldn't get very far if I tried to escape..." she turns to her side "but I still don't know what I'd rather do...die painfully or live in slavery..."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 03:53 PM

As well as the wood golem having its face added, there's a block of stone, paper being folded into a humanoid shape and a pile of cast-offs being nailed, sewn and screwed together. "Be careful with your magic down here. This place is enchanted to grant anything on the tables a small amount of self-awareness as a golem, and I don't want the magic to be disturbed too much." That's true; if Ghar chose to see magic, the wood golem, block of stone, the origami person and the pile of rubbish are all slightly animate; not quite golems yet, but definatly on the way to varying degrees. Furthest along is the wood golem, whilst the stone is furthest away. The paper is getting more animate faster than the junk, but the junk is currently closest to completion. Anyway, Pontius will motion for Ghar to stick his arm out and cut it before adding the etherium.

Rebecka and Tarena will sit next to Din, and try to hug her, with Eirik sitting opposite. Eirik shakes his head again when Din mentions her being in slavery here.

Gullara
2011-01-04, 03:59 PM

Ghar nods. What he did was summon several spirits to watch over him.

I guess he is laying on a table now. I forgot to mention that he did in the last post if he was supposed to. In any case he is now, he'll need to be.

The cut should extend the whole length of the arm, from his shoulder down to his hand. The cut doesn't seem to effect Ghar, but as soon as the etherium is added his entire body tenses in pain. The metal bubbles as its magic goes to work. Ghar will have to lay there for some time.

iElf
2011-01-04, 04:03 PM
she frowns "...will they just kill me then? I don't know what you mean...."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 04:06 PM

Pontius will watch the whole procedure, wondering what benefits an etherium arm has over a fleshy one. Also wondering how much it hurts.

Eirik looks at Rebecka, who will poke at Din's brand again. Tarena keeps hugging Din.

iElf
2011-01-04, 04:08 PM
Din's eyes grow wide "...no...oh gods...please no...It can't be...NO!" and she breaks up into tears

Gullara
2011-01-04, 04:24 PM

T- t- time skip.

Over the course of a couple hours the flesh of his arm has rotted away, and been replaced by the etherium which has formed into a twisting, clawed arm (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=174912).

Pontius wouldn't know the benefits from the memories. All they revealed was that it was for self perfection. Ghar has discovered that he can channel his magic through his arm to enhance his spells.

Ghar stands and moves his new arm. It is surprisingly nimble.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 04:34 PM

Rebecka will try and join Tarena in hugging Din. Eirik would help, but there's not enough room for him to hug as well. Plus, he's not sure what would help.

Well, looks like Pontius isn't getting a nifty new arm, then. The process certainly dissuaded him of the idea, and being unaware of the benefits Ghar did it for makes it not worth doing. "Do you like it?"

iElf
2011-01-04, 04:38 PM
Din feels over her brand "...anything but that...anything but that again..."

Gullara
2011-01-04, 04:43 PM

Ghar smiles slightly, "It is perfect." He channels some magic into it. Electricity arcs out from each claw and meets in the center of them.

Ghar conjures a bar of the metal. "As promised." He hands it to Pontius.

You know, Pontius could always ask what the benefits of the arm were.

V'icternus
2011-01-04, 04:45 PM
Yellow Zone - Street

Out of nowhere, a man appears, pulled into the Nexus by it's Nexus-y powers.

He appears to be an ordinary human, standing tall and wearing dark red armour with a teal cape. He has broad shoulders and neatly trimmed hair, a dark blonde colour.

He looks around with his dark blue eyes at the strange city around him. "What manner of city is this...?" He asks the air, obviously not expecting an answer, and leaps up onto the nearest rooftop to get a better view of Inside.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 04:48 PM

That would require Pontius to trust Ghar to tell the truth. As is, Pontius might build a Salvage Titan-thing. I don't play Magic, but the second link down in the spoiler. It'd be rather small, though. "Thank you. Would you like to see what I am doing with my previous payment, Nite's body?" Pontius is resting the etherium in his lap, and his chair is walking towards the bubbling cauldrons.

Comforting happens. I'm not sure what to say, exactly.

Gullara
2011-01-04, 04:51 PM

Ghar definitely looks curious. "I would, yes." He follows Pontius to the cauldrons.

Rebonack
2011-01-04, 04:54 PM
[Yellow Zone Street]

"The most interesting of kinds," the air replies in a rather bemused tone. "The kind where dreams come true. Where nightmares are made manifest. The kind of city where all possible things do dwell. And more than a few that aren't!"

A brief crackle of static in the air, like the snow on a improperly tuned television set.

"Oh a wonderious, glorious city indeed. Oh yes. Such a place of marvels and magnificence and malevolence. But mostly mirth, I do believe. Except when it isn't! Do enjoy your stay! And my good friend I must warn you..."

A pause.

Silence.

Deathly still.

"...do keep busy. Or They may find you."

And then nothing.

Only a crisp, clear winter day.

iElf
2011-01-04, 04:56 PM

Comforting happens. I'm not sure what to say, exactly.

Din jumps up "I'm sorry...but I have to go...I'll try to get you out of here soon..." she tries to teleport out, back to HALO

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 05:04 PM

The teleportation is blocked. There's rescuers on the way (apparantly). The slaves shake their heads at Din's words.

The four cauldrons are filled with liquid mercury. The arm in the nearest raises itself out of the cauldron. "After you gave me that book of your research on that magic, I remembered an old recipe in an old golemcraefter's handbook. I'd never tried it before, so I thought I'd give it a go. I haven't made any yet, because one of the ingredients is a drop of blood from the being to own it. This will be my first one." Pontius holds his left hand out over one of the cauldrons and cuts his hand with the knife used on Ghar. Instantly, the fire is extinguished and the mercury in the bowl reforms into a humanoid shape. The form is seamless, about six foot tall and has reflexive skin. Its head lacks a face, apart from two glowing eyes the colour of molten iron.

V'icternus
2011-01-04, 05:07 PM
[Yellow Zone Street]

"The most interesting of kinds," the air replies in a rather bemused tone. "The kind where dreams come true. Where nightmares are made manifest. The kind of city where all possible things do dwell. And more than a few that aren't!"

A brief crackle of static in the air, like the snow on a improperly tuned television set.

"Oh a wonderious, glorious city indeed. Oh yes. Such a place of marvels and magnificence and malevolence. But mostly mirth, I do believe. Except when it isn't! Do enjoy your stay! And my good friend I must warn you..."

A pause.

Silence.

Deathly still.

"...do keep busy. Or They may find you."

And then nothing.

Only a crisp, clear winter day.

[Yellow Zone - Rooftop]

That was... disturbing.
Clearly here was a place riddled with magic and mystery...

He had to find out more about it.

Looking around, he sees some other figures on a nearby rooftop, including one strangely blue female who looked in need of help...

Leaping over, he lands with a smile, right next to Trix.

Gullara
2011-01-04, 05:09 PM

Ghar steps closer and leans in to see every detail of the golem. He examines it both magically and physically. "Fascinating."

iElf
2011-01-04, 05:15 PM
Temple

Din rips open the door, and begins to run...she tries to run out of the burning building

Murkus
2011-01-04, 05:20 PM
Yellow Zone - Rooftop

Iferi takes a step back, her smile turned into a scowl.
"You won't be here to protect her forever."
And then she turns, running off back into the shadows.

Trix, shaking, has crawled to the edge of the rooftop, leaning against the barrier and staring at the thing in front of her in total fear. It's understandable, really. She is still shaking from her prior encounter, and still aching and bruised from both the magic and the forced bludgeoning.

[Yellow Zone - Rooftop]

That was... disturbing.
Clearly here was a place riddled with magic and mystery...

He had to find out more about it.

Looking around, he sees some other figures on a nearby rooftop, including one strangely blue female who looked in need of help...

Leaping over, he lands with a smile, right next to Trix.

Yellow Zone - Rooftop

The Blind Lord watches Iferi go, shaking his head in confusion and mild irritation. He 'glances' eyelessly at Trix, apparently able to notice her presence rather easily without optical sensors. His voice remains that of a quiet, aging human.

"Are you hurt?"

And then a newcomer! Perhaps he heard Trix's shouting from before as well. "Oh, hello there." I don't know how teal-cape man will react to this big, eldritch demigod saying 'hello' to him in a relatively human voice.

V'icternus
2011-01-04, 05:24 PM
[Yellow Zone - Rooftop]

The man looks The Blind Lord up and down, pausing for a moment...

It seemed friendly enough.

"Hello." He says, smiling. "Are you in need of assistance...?"

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 05:33 PM

All three of the slaves will try and stop Din from escaping. Now's not a good time, there's two fights in the front door. But the fire's out, so that's one good thing. The slaves don't know that the fights are being fought, just that they haven't been given the all clear and that anything could be out there. Last time it was an unhappy demon summoned accidently.

The magic given to Pontius hasn't been encorporated in the Automaton yet; he's still working on how to do so. The Automaton is well muscled, and its reflective skin seems to be causing most of the magical scans to bounce off, muting the readings. That indicates the Automaton is resistant to magic. As well as the usual magics golems give off, this one seems to incorporate a lot of transfiguration and quite a bit of necromancy; probably the blood magic used to bind it to its owner. "It's called an Automaton, or that's the name the book gave it. I can't program an override into it, which is why I haven't made them yet. All of my golems have a command code only I know. It reverts them back to factory conditions, which is basically listening only to my orders."

Gullara
2011-01-04, 05:42 PM
[Pontius's Custom Constructs]

"Simply fascinating." Ghar says and straightens. "I imagine you will inscribe the runs onto its surface once you've decided on the proper arrangement."

It's been a while since Ghar has studied golem crafting. He's considering looking into it again after his current project is finished.

iElf
2011-01-04, 05:43 PM
all three of them together will probably stop Din. Din collapses on the bed "just chain me down then...or kill me...or anything really...I don't care"

Darklord Bright
2011-01-04, 05:47 PM
[Yellow Zone - Rooftop]

Trix blinks.

"I, um... I'm okay." in truth, her skin still felt like it was covered in pins and needles. She never reacted well to magic.

"I just... I need to, uh, get somewhere. Somewhere safe."

Murkus
2011-01-04, 05:47 PM
[Yellow Zone - Rooftop]

The man looks The Blind Lord up and down, pausing for a moment...

It seemed friendly enough.

"Hello." He says, smiling. "Are you in need of assistance...?"

"I am not." The creature says, his tentacles ceasing their writhing. He looks at Trix. "Perhaps I could provide a place?"

Darklord Bright
2011-01-04, 05:51 PM
[Yellow Zone - Rooftop]

The demoness twitches, looking off to the side and rubbing an arm.

"I, um. I don't know where you could, you know, uh, provide. Don't want to, um... inconvenience you."

V'icternus
2011-01-04, 05:55 PM
[Yellow Zone - Rooftop]

"Do you have nowhere to stay?" The man asks, surprised that anyone could be homeless in a city like this...

Earl of Purple
2011-01-04, 05:57 PM

They won't kill her. That would be barbaric. They won't chain her, either; they don't have the keys for the locks. What they can do, though, is sit on her so she can't move. Which is what they do.

Pontius's Custom Constructs- Golem Workship

"Yes, that will probably work. I don't know much about runes; gnomes with magical ability where I'm from pick something and focus on that part of magic to the exclusion of everything else." Hence why, despite being able to create golems of every description, along with homunculi like the one being made from junk and gargoyles, whilst being unable to cast spells.

Darklord Bright
2011-01-04, 06:04 PM
[Yellow Zone - Rooftop]

"Do you have nowhere to stay?" The man asks, surprised that anyone could be homeless in a city like this...

"I just... no. I haven't, um... needed to." she stands uneasily, wobbling a bit before righting herself. "Always, uh, been able to manage."

Gullara
2011-01-04, 06:07 PM

"Ah, yes. I don't entirely agree with that philosophy." His greatest drive is the pursuit of knowledge.

"How much can you manipulate the form of this golem?" he asks, "I assume it is very malleable, being made of mercury."

V'icternus
2011-01-04, 06:09 PM
[Yellow Zone - Rooftop]

He reaches out an arm to help steady her, always the helpful sort.

"Well then, we should find you a room at a nearby Inn."

Murkus
2011-01-04, 06:12 PM
Yellow Zone - Rooftop

The Blind Lord is suddenly Yannovick again. He glances between the two. "Well, young lady, if you don't have any money for an inn, I'm sure my son and his coworkers might be able to provide some lodging." Being way too presumptious, Yann. "Though I suppose this young fellow or myself might be willing to pay."

Beans
2011-01-04, 06:23 PM
[Temple Servant/Slave Quarters]
Pesty arrives here!
Right?

iElf
2011-01-04, 06:25 PM

They won't kill her. That would be barbaric. They won't chain her, either; they don't have the keys for the locks. What they can do, though, is sit on her so she can't move. Which is what they do.

Din groans "...is no one coming to rescue me?"