PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Inside 27

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Reinholdt
2011-01-09, 01:13 AM
[Misspelled Cemetary]

Minta squeals with glee! "Oooo neato! Who made you?!" Regular, bipedal zombie is, for the moment, completely forgotten, and takes the slackening of control as an excuse to shamble away as far and fast as possible.

[Misspelled Cemetary]

Minta prattles, narrating every detail of what she's doing to zombie kitty as she fashions a makeshift trowel out of rotten grave marker wood, digs for bone chips, extends the diggings into a palisade, builds a pretend spell-barrier berm with dirt as dirt and bone shards as pretend chunks of mana, diverges into speculation about why barrier building doesn't work any more, the ephemeral nature of Norrathian architecture and the problem of something called "instancing". . .In short, zombie cat's sympathies may soon lie with the escaping ex-pet.

((deadtime for Minta))
((don't wanna, I was just gettin' started!))

The kitty hops down and moves to nuzzle Minta, brushing up against her leg, meowing.

Don't be fooled. It wants your brains. It's just being sneaky about it!

Quincunx
2011-01-09, 08:40 AM
[Misspelled Cemetary]

Brains--what every trendy undead is eating these days! (http://www.wtfcomics.com/archive.html?374_156) :smallamused:

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/steampunkgnomie.png
Minta stops poking around in a long-abandoned rodents' nest under a tilting headstone, shakes the bag of bone chips to sift out more grave dust, then pops the bag into a pocket and takes out a tinytop dolly for kitty. Kitty doesn't seem interested in chasing it even when it's wound up, though. "I shoulda gotten some mousie souls from Valdar," Minta thinks aloud, "'cept I think Bubble ate them all. C'mon kitty gonna find some live mice!" Another pocket trawl results in a teeny-weeny silver phylactery pendant, empty, with its lid strung further along on the same chain, and a broken clasp.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-09, 11:17 AM
Temple of Dalachrech

As stated earlier, Defelent is wearing a head-concealing helmet, thus preventing the claws from damaging his face. They do, however, ruin the demonic smiling face the visor is shaped like. Defelent is now aiming for where Kal's head should be with his mace. This is one of his favourite tactics, and he has lots of practice in hitting things that he can't see.

Reinholdt
2011-01-09, 11:51 AM
[Misspelled Cemetary]

Brains--what every trendy undead is eating these days! (http://www.wtfcomics.com/archive.html?374_156) :smallamused:

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/steampunkgnomie.png
Minta stops poking around in a long-abandoned rodents' nest under a tilting headstone, shakes the bag of bone chips to sift out more grave dust, then pops the bag into a pocket and takes out a tinytop dolly for kitty. Kitty doesn't seem interested in chasing it even when it's wound up, though. "I shoulda gotten some mousie souls from Valdar," Minta thinks aloud, "'cept I think Bubble ate them all. C'mon kitty gonna find some live mice!" Another pocket trawl results in a teeny-weeny silver phylactery pendant, empty, with its lid strung further along on the same chain, and a broken clasp.

The Zombie Kitty meows! Meow meow meow meow!
It loves live mice. They have brains.
It loves other kitties too. It's a zombie thing.

It did consider poking at the dolly, but after sniffing it, snubbed it.

Quincunx
2011-01-09, 01:43 PM
[Misspelled Cemetary]

Minta skips to another cluster of graves, trailing the chain after her bumpity-bump through the dust. She pries up one child-sized coffin lid, freeing a mottled and twisted child-shaped wisp, but SLAMS the lid shut again, trapping the wisp within. Two legs of a corpsie spidie also get squashed underneath the lid, and it scuttles away with a 6/8ths gait. When it vanishes beneath a jutting well cover, other feet skitter over desiccated skin and explode into sight--a family of short-tailed shrews, not of mice.

UncleWolf
2011-01-09, 05:21 PM
Red Zone Alley

At night, one of the white masked people steps away from the ruins for a while to take a break, and decides to look around the surrounding area.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-09, 05:43 PM
Red Zone Alley

The alley somehow seems to turn just a bit darker for some reason, or is that just his imagination? The nearest source of light seems to be going out any second after all.

A cold chill can be felt thought creeping up his spine as...

"BO!"

Someone exclaims behind him followed by a giggle, if he turns around, he will be able to see a young woman, about 24, Caucasian, but her skin is tanned from hours of work in the sun.

The woman have very long brown hair thought her eye color is hard to discern in the darkness. She have a quaint, slim body and while not exceptionally beautifully, not exactly ugly either.

And she is completely naked as well, but oddly clean for being in this part of town.

"Sorry about that, but you looked so nervous I couldn't resist." She doesn't really appear bothered by the fact he is wearing a mask and would be avoided by most smart people.

"But I have to ask, as you might be able to guess my little problem." She continues, looking close to starting to giggle again, acting like she was perfectly safe here. "I need some clothes over here Jason." She says with a bit more serious tone, trying to look into his eyes. But there is still a smile playing on her lips that seems to threaten to break into a wide grin.

UncleWolf
2011-01-09, 05:49 PM
Red Zone Alley

The man, who's name isn't Jason, spins, hand already raising the pistol he carries. He doesn't seem frightened, but a look in his eyes says he's ready for anything. "You're not getting my clothes, but we have spares. Who are you?" The White Mask says, feeling that something is off about all of this, least of all is her clothing.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-09, 05:55 PM
Red Zone Alley

The woman opens her mouth as to answer, but doesn't say anything as she instead looks utterly surprised for something, her eyes white open. "Right, I knew I was forgetting something... you don't happen to know any good names do you?" She smiles again. "And don't worry I'm rich so I can't be crazy." She reaches out her hand and opens it, showing some gold coins for him to take, her smile breaking into a grin.

UncleWolf
2011-01-09, 05:57 PM
Red Zone Alley

The White Mask backs a step and taps his jaw once. "Names? What do you mean?" A shiver goes down his spine as he thinks of something. "What are you?" He knows he should just shoot her and be done with it, but he gets a feeling that his little laspistol wouldn't be doing much.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-09, 06:06 PM
Red Zone Alley

"What I am?" The woman says with a raised eyebrow. "Right now I'm lost and chilly as you might able to tell, ho hum." She rolls her eyes.

"I admit this seems a bit odd..." She looks around the alley. "...being naked in this alley and all, but there is a perfect explanation for it, I..." The woman looks thoughtful for a moment. "...am in fact a horribly monster wanting to eat your soul. So hand over all your clothes or I'll eat you good."

She points at him with a somewhat serious expression, but she acts almost as if she were joking.

UncleWolf
2011-01-09, 06:11 PM
Red Zone Alley

The White Mask fires a trio of shots at her as soon as she says something about eating his soul. The lasers flash bright red and he's obviously practiced. He doesn't waste any time with fancy headshots, aiming center mass.

There are just some things you shouldn't say to a nervous man with a gun.

Even as he fires, he taps his jaw three more times.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-09, 06:34 PM
Red Zone Alley

The shots hits where he aimed, center chest, the woman steps back a bit and swears loudly "****, ****, ****..."

Which is the the point everything will feel a lot heavier for the White Mask and everyone else in the alley, like gravity just increased a lot. Moving will nearly impossible at this point.

Reinholdt
2011-01-09, 08:43 PM
[Misspelled Cemetary]

Minta skips to another cluster of graves, trailing the chain after her bumpity-bump through the dust. She pries up one child-sized coffin lid, freeing a mottled and twisted child-shaped wisp, but SLAMS the lid shut again, trapping the wisp within. Two legs of a corpsie spidie also get squashed underneath the lid, and it scuttles away with a 6/8ths gait. When it vanishes beneath a jutting well cover, other feet skitter over desiccated skin and explode into sight--a family of short-tailed shrews, not of mice.

OOoh! The kitty bets those have brains!
It shambles over to them gracefully and tries to nom them.
Yes, I'm aware of the oxymorons and disparities.

UncleWolf
2011-01-09, 08:50 PM
Red Zone Alley

The man makes a great effort to keep standing, and succeeds, but is unable to keep his arm straight, his next shot missing her before his hand drops to his side as he sweats in exertion.

"Unhand him!" Shouts a woman's voice from the entrance of the alley. She's sweating in exertion as well, but of a different kind. She seems to be have a glowing nimbus of pale white around her, combating the gravity effect. She's masked in white as well.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-09, 11:16 PM
Red Zone Alley

The naked woman is still there, it's hard to tell if she's actually wounded or not however. "I was just asking for some clothes and get shot? Geez, I really love dealing with you people." She says with sarcasm as she turns to the masked woman.
"Look, give me some clothes and a name and this will all be forgotten, alright?" The gravity pull seems to decrease a bit.
"Some day we will all be laughing about this I'm sure..."

UncleWolf
2011-01-09, 11:23 PM
Red Zone Alley

The woman growls behind the mask, and the eyes flash violet before the light expands, the wall of force trying to knock the woman back. The man, at the opposite end of the alley, takes in a gasp of air as he's able to relax some more and slowly raises his laspistol again.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-09, 11:41 PM
Red Zone Alley

"Eep!" She exclaims before she's pushed back, falling down on the streets.

The gravity effect disappears as well. Looks like she have fallen in some dirt, not really clean anymore is she? Slowly she crawl out of it, looking a bit confused.
"...are we good now? I'll just ask someone else instead. Really, I have no idea how you guys work."

UncleWolf
2011-01-10, 12:04 AM
Red Zone Alley

"Then be gone!" Shouts the woman, barely able to hold herself up. The man stumbles forward as well, finally free of the weight, and leans on the wall next to her, laspistol ready in case the woman decides to attack again.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-10, 12:21 AM
Red Zone Alley

The woman points at a direction out of the alley, "I'm moving out, unless you like me to move in another direction that is?" She smiles again, strangely enough.

Seeing only what you can assume as angry stares she sigh, "Alright, alright... I could kill you all you know?" The woman tells them in a light tone as she slowly starts to leave the scene, black dirt dripping from her right arm. No signs of any wounds however.
But suddenly she stops and turns around, "Uh, but you don't happen to know where I can get clothes? Or a name? Pretty please?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-10, 12:42 AM
Red Zone Alley

The two simply glare at her.:smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2011-01-10, 09:59 AM
Red Zone Alley

"Oh come on, not even that? You shot me and... fine whatever, it's not like I care. Live out your, what is it? 75, or rather 45 by now from the looks of it, years. Not's like you are going to change anything." The woman says with a dismissive gesture as she turns around, walking away. "Totally going to name myself 'killer of humans' just because of you jerks." She mumbles. "Wait, this reality have a auto-translator? Neat!"

UncleWolf
2011-01-10, 11:46 AM
Red Zone Alley

The two White Masks take a moment to recollect themselves and rest before stumbling back to the Chapel, already mostly finished except the stain glass windows.

Rebonack
2011-01-10, 04:29 PM
[Doctor Moondoh's Secret Lab of Secrets!]

Cyban leaps to her feet, pointing dramatically at Moondoh!

"YOU! Are you the ruler of this PATHETIC WORLD?"

"No. Moondoh only leading mind in SCIENCE progress. That why Moondoh so interested in noisy alien. Been while since Moondoh get to dissect new alien specimen so Moondoh very happy for chance. You make great sacrific for good of SCIENCE noisy green alien," the Doctor explains.

And waits for a few moments.

"Ha! Moondoh just kidding! That joke, you laugh now."

Several of the Goons make disgusting snorting noises.

[Meanwhile Somewhere Totally Unrelated!]

Near an alley in the Slums, also known as the Red Zone for those that favor more zoney descriptors, a wall explodes.

Not a big flaming explosion, mind.

More of the 'something large just plowed through it' sort of explosion.

The something in this case is a rather unhappy looking Far Chimera. Some jerk had managed to summoner her while her antlers were still busted. Without the rather unique protection those organs provide binding the beasty is as easy as binding any other spooky critter of her kind.

We won't talk about what she was used for whilst bound. It's unspeakable.

But thankfully her antlers grew back and she escaped!

While Dyna certainly could have left in a less overtly destructive fashion it was rather cathartic to ruin the guy's apartment. That'll learn him!

So there's a Chimera standing in the snow, prismatic sigils carved into her hide still dripping and painting the white streets with a riot of color. Thankfully the guy didn't finish...

Earl of Purple
2011-01-10, 04:35 PM
Erin's Emporium

Entering the store that might be renamed 'Aeryn's Emporium' to reflect the changed name of the owner because sometimes that happens but I don't know if this is such a case, is an elderly woman wearing a baggy dress, a knitted wool cardigan and a flowery hat. She has white-grey hair and pale-blue eyes, and she is carrying a small handbag. She will head to the counter.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-10, 04:54 PM
[Streets - Red Zone]

As the Chimera stands there she should be able to see a naked woman suddenly appearing, her right side pretty dirty by now, not that she actually looks bothered by that.

She looks curiously at the far being, "So what is your name exactly? Dyna or Dynamism? You look a bit down thought, need any help?" She chuckles a bit and offers a hand.

Darklord Bright
2011-01-10, 05:10 PM

Cyban's expression is unreadable behind her gasmask and goggles.

"I do not have TIME for this! Even now, the high command of ArZoot-7 are awaiting the news that I have CONQUERED this world, creature! Now, I DEMAND that you TAKE ME TO YOUR WORLD LEADERS so that I might CRUSH THEM BENEATH ME! Soon, no one will stand in the way of WORLD DOMINATION! AHAHAHAHAHAAA!"

Quincunx
2011-01-10, 05:30 PM
[Misspelled Cemetary]

Minta sings as she digs! "Doom! Doom doom doom, doom doom, doom doom doom doom doom, doomy doom, doom doom doom doom. . ." Somehow, it just seems. . .right. :smallbiggrin: "Doom doom doom," prying off the cover of the well, an echoey "doooooooooooooooooooom" as she looks in. . .

Reinholdt
2011-01-10, 06:03 PM
[Misspelled Cemetary]

Minta sings as she digs! "Doom! Doom doom doom, doom doom, doom doom doom doom doom, doomy doom, doom doom doom doom. . ." Somehow, it just seems. . .right. :smallbiggrin: "Doom doom doom," prying off the cover of the well, an echoey "doooooooooooooooooooom" as she looks in. . .

Kitty joins in! Meow meow meow meow Meeeeeeeeeeoooooow!

Lord Magtok
2011-01-10, 06:51 PM
Doctor Moondoh's Secret Lab of Secrets!

Sensing an opportunity (and also a potential moment of silence between these two obscenely loud jerkface megaphone-mouth freaks that won't stop rattling his eardrums), Mini-Mag buzzes down towards Cyban's ear, or the space on the side of her head where an ear is normally expected to reside.

HEY! LISTEN! I'M YOUR FAIRY...UMM...GUIDE...ANGEL! FROM THE FUTURE!

ANYWAYS, YOU NEED TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET US OUT OF HERE BEFORE THIS CRAZY SCIENCE GUY DOES CRAZY SCIENCE STUFF ON YOUR FACE! I RECOMMEND THAT YOU PUNCH HIM IN THE MOUTH AND RUN!

OH, AND IF SOMETHING'S BUZZING IN YOUR EAR, DON'T SWAT IT! I SWEAR, IT'S TOTALLY HARMLESS!

Rebonack
2011-01-10, 07:16 PM
[Streets-Slums]

One of the Chimera's ears twitch as she picks up on the presence of something else. Yes... Something. Something wearing a body much as Avatar had worn Zee before the two were made one.

"Dynamism is a decent translation," the Chimera replies somewhat cautiously. She isn't exactly in good shape right now and a spar with something else from The Other Side is the last thing she needs at the moment. "More properly I'm-"

She says her name.

It... isn't really a sound. There's sound, yes. But there's so much more. Feeling and sensation and thought and idea. Concept and emotion and being.

It's real. So real as to make all else drab and indistinct by contrast. Deeper than the roots of the mountains. Older than the dance of the stars. Wildness and ferocity and awe-inspiring majesty.

Boundless imagination. Change and growth and birth and evolution. No limit, unsullied by the laws of the waking world.

Possibility. Endless potential.

And yet with it clarity of purpose. Clarity of being. Clarity of self. Hope beyond measure. Value beyond reckoning. And more than a little bit of mischievous fun.

"Most people around here have trouble catching all of that," the Chimera comments, giving the naked woman a sidelong look. "Though I have the feeling you don't."

Dyna gives the hand a rather untrusting look. Anything from the other side of the Walls of the World is dangerous. Doubly so if the something in question is more intelligent than an animal. Because such beings are never on the material plane without reason.

Almost always a nefarious reason, too.

"And I'll be fine. It shouldn't take me too long to adapt to these unfinished bindings and shrug them off," then something much more direct. "I perceived you poking around in the tavern recently. Now you're wearing a material body. What is your purpose here?"

"World not really have leader, Moondoh thinks," the hulking green man retorts as he rubs his chin thoughtfully. And pulls a rather large switch attached to a bulky machine. Sparks fly as electricity begins to arc between two antenna atop the contraption.

Large vats of green goo descend from the ceiling as mechanical arms bearing all manor of surgical devices unfurl and set upon the poor restrained hobos.

"Not even much of world. More of meta-location. And Moondoh not feel like leaving lab now. Moondoh not take loud alien anywhere since Moondoh goes where he pleases."

And apparently he has no intention of taking Cyban to any leaders, world or otherwise.

"We have alien invasion last week, Moondoh recall. Got lots of alien pieces in aftermath for SCIENCE!"

Shadowcaller
2011-01-10, 07:43 PM
[Streets-Slums]

The woman chuckles a bit before she can reply, making a short nod as to acknowledge Dyna's name, "Looks like your name don't get translated at least, guess this world has it limits, hum dum..." She says before she really looks at Dyna curiously withdrawing her hand.

Then she chuckles again at Dyna's reaction. smiling widely. "I'm just looking around... learning... searching." She shrugs, as if not interested in defining her goals just yet. "We shouldn't be rivals really, I'm not here to kill anyone see? I'm just looking out for my own world... and being in this body might be fun." The woman grins, her body is perfectly human really, just missing things like the ability to feel pain and have a rather fast regeneration added to it.

No, the being is rather... around her somehow. Yet it's also inside. Like two separated parts.

"I made it myself from that beings memories, great isn't it?" The thing that looks like a woman grins again, her arms wide apart. "Still need clothes and a name thought, wanna help?"

Rebonack
2011-01-10, 08:04 PM
[Street-Slums]

Around and within.

A puppet.

Dyna's material form seems to be equal parts matter and other material that has been... alloyed together. That would probably be the best way to put it. She isn't made of material substance, nor is she made out of the alien stuff of the Far Realms. She's something different altogether with properties all her own.

It should be instantly obvious that she's a very strange creature to anyone at all familiar with things from Outside. And that's saying something.

"No, we needn't be rivals. I've just learned to be... cautious when I encounter other beings from my side of the Veil here in the material world," the Chimera replies as she plops down on her haunches. Already some of the sigils carved into her flesh are beginning to warp and twist.

This thing doesn't seem immediately dangerous as far as Dyna can tell. And it's doing a great job of pretending to be human. So... may as well be friendly and just roll with it.

"I think clothing is pretty over-rated. Why Flatlanders insist on living in places where the environment will kill them without protection baffles me to no end. But..." she quirks her head off to the side a bit. "If you're going to be wearing a body like that clothing is going to be a requirement. I think I might have something on me..."

The Chimera's chest heaves as a convulsion runs through her body. And again. And a third time. And-

Bloorph!

Spits out a set of woman's clothing on the ground. It's a fairly unimpressive outfit mostly in grays. Pants, long shirt, boots. What Zee would normally wear in cold weather. The clothing isn't soaked in icky goo of any kind.

"As for a name... I'm guessing you just mean something to call you? Because I can perceive your Name easily enough. But unless you want the mortals to go all goggle-eyed at you that won't be very useful."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-10, 08:27 PM
[Street-Slums]

The woman doesn't really seem surprised by Dyna's way of creating clothes, just excited.
"That was what I was thinking, I kind of forgot mortals had names when I went into that ones head, also forgot they tended to have clothes..." She chuckles, "So hard to understand..." The smirks. "One of the reason I am here actually. We need to tell mortals things, but they don't understand, if you try to give them information, they fry." The being makes a tsch sound of something frying and snaps her fingers. "Just like that."

Then she goes down to take on the clothes, but stops herself seeing all the dirt on her arm... which suddenly turns into water and then evaporates.

She smiles at Dyna again and puts on the clothes. "There, much better, so you know any names yet? You seems to know more about them then me."

Rebonack
2011-01-10, 08:41 PM
[Street in the Slums]

"Hee... I know all about the brain-frying. There are a lot of people around here who use mental probing magic. I've had to build a system of disinformation into my mind to keep them from poking around in there and killing themselves."

Which is basically what happens when the human brain is overwritten with near infinite amounts of information regarding the Far. No room to store data on how to breath! Whoops!

"Communicating with language is a real hassle, but it's all that most of them can handle. Even when they communicate telepathically it's still mostly limited to language. If sharing information with Flatlanders is what you need to do then I suggest you get as comfortable as you can with speaking," the Chimera suggests as several more sigils in her hide heal over. "And a name... Well, from what I perceive of you I think 'Libra' might be fitting. It's a Sign in the stars that represents an upholder of law."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-10, 09:07 PM
[Street in the Slums]

"Libra..." She glances at her own hand, her fingers moving against each other. Then she suddenly looks over at Dyna again, "Sure!" The woman now called Libra exclaims.

Ever smiling, she then asks "So what is it like being like mortals? Or I guess your more... unique, your code is pretty complex, but you like to act like them." Libra giggles, "This should be fun."

"Ohh... one thing. Why don't mortals ever listen? You speak to them, like they do, but they don't seem to get it. They just ignore you... or shot you." Libra stick out her tongue in annoyance.

Darklord Bright
2011-01-10, 09:22 PM

Cyban rubs the bottom of her mask thoughtfully.

"So this world has no leaders? A TRICK! I will not fall for your schemes, large one!" she flails again. "This must be some kind of elaborate prison-thingy disguised to look like an eeevil lab. YOU CANNOT HOLD ME HERE, NOSEBEASTS! I WILL BE FREEEE!"

((Editresponse to Magtok, because I missed it!))
Cyban listens to the buzzing of the mini-Magtok, then shouts "OF COURSE! You know a way to escape this place, pathetic tiny fly-creature?"

Rebonack
2011-01-10, 09:28 PM
[Street in the Slums]

"I'm one of a kind as far as I know, the result of a full melding between a human and a more natural being," Dyna replies, feeling rather glad that some people are able to actually appreciate how peculiar she is.

Well...

Most people think she's peculiar. Just not in the same way.

And yes. Avatar is more natural. When you feel at home in an N-dimensional space where even the 'air' is a living thing trying to eat you the material world is surreal and dead by contrast.

"I actually enjoy behaving like a Flatlander. I think it comes partly from my nature but there's a nice... simplicity to it. You don't have to worry about as much all the time," the Chimera smiles a toothy grin. "It's tricky to learn to ignore the other directions they don't notice. But it can be a lot of fun to makes gestures perpendicular to their perceived reality just to watch their reactions."

By now the last of the sigils have been shed. The Chimera breaths a sigh of relief at that. "Here, hold on a moment-"

With that she wraps her wings around herself, obscuring her form in a shroud of midnight sky. And then... she shrinks, her outline warping and twisting as Dyna morphs into a distinctly human shape. Color and detail return, revealing none other than a simple barmaid!

"There! Most people are use to interacting with this shape. I have to really contort myself to make it, but I think it's worth while to help the mortals to feel more comfortable. C'mon!" she starts heading off in the direction of Trog's! "If a Flatlander thinks you're from Outside they probably won't believe what you're saying. Most of them have some instinctual level of understanding that we don't belong in this world, and that makes them untrusting and fearful. Sometimes violent. And not without reason, either. Most of the time something breaches into the material world it causes chaos and insanity in its wake. Just a few years ago a creature the mortals called Father Llymric woke up near here and plunged the world into a freezing endless night. Most things that didn't die were mutated into its spawn."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-10, 09:46 PM
[Street in the Slums]

"Ouch, that looks uncomfortable." Libra says as she makes a face at Dyna's transformation. "Your code is a bit off, you really need to be like that all the time to be a mortal?" The being asks as she starts to follow the barmaid along.

She looks quite curious about the world Dyna describes however, especially the part of the attacking far being. "So why did it like to kill the mortals? Or should I call it a he? Genders confuses me..."

Lord Magtok
2011-01-10, 09:58 PM
Doctor Moondoh's Secret Lab of Secrets!

Mini-Magtok curls up into a little ball, and tries to take shelter behind Cyan's earlobe from all the shouting and clanging and agonizingly brutal decibel levels.

Oww, my sensitive future fairy guide angel ears! Why the eff do you need to screech so much? And of course I know a way out, I'm your fairy guide angel from the future! That's my job! Just get past the brute and start running, I'll give you directions as we go.

Mini-Maggy doesn't mention that he wasn't paying much attention when he was brought down here, and doesn't know the route quite as well as he should.

Rebonack
2011-01-10, 10:00 PM

"Loud alien talking to fly, Moondoh observes. Moondoh think talking to loud alien about technology for SCIENCE not worth effort," the deranged scientist muses even as the hobos behind him wail in agony. He then turns away to watch some dials on nearby machines.

"Take not-useful alien to expulsion device. Moondoh not interested in yelling," he comments, waving them off.

Several Goons move to grab Cyban!

[Street in the Slums]

"Ugh... You have no idea. The shape I take naturally here in Flatland is what you saw previously. But it really unnerves people. Especially people that haven't met me before and don't know that I'm mostly harmless," Dyna sighs, arching her back and twisting in a decidedly impossible way to try in vain to get settled in. "If I want to superficially resemble one of them this is what I need to do. But... like I said if we want to interact with Flatlanders we need to get out of our comfort zone. Between you and me I still can't stand the thin air here."

Trog's begins to loom nearby now!

"Llymric was... well... They called him a he at least. He didn't have a gender any more than you or I do. But when most of the life a person knows is male or female you tend to project that onto everything," then a shrug. "I'm honestly not sure what Llymric's deal was. Near as I can tell he wasn't even as intelligent as the humans, mostly driven by the need to reproduce. Electro-magnetic radiation was harmful to him so he removed it. He wasn't malevolent so much as out of place."

Aaaaaand, next post in Trog's?

Darklord Bright
2011-01-10, 10:29 PM

The alien leaps away, laughing maniacally as she ducks to run where mini-Magtok told her to go, which is past Moondoh. She's pretty fast.

Moff Chumley
2011-01-10, 11:46 PM
[Warehouse, Red Zone]

Inside is a dock town; there's warehouses everywhere, especially the more run-down portion of Red Zone. One of these warehouses has seen activity, although not so's you'd notice unless you're paying attention. One day, a sign appeared over the doors: Applied Necromancy. Occasionally, well-dressed men, seemingly out-of-place in the Red Zone, make their way into the warehouse.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 01:04 PM
[Pontious' Custom Constructs]

Thump hisss thump hisss thump hisss

Bang!

The door flies open and a dwarf steps through. He's four feet tall, black beard tucked into his belt, what little of his face that is visible is ruddy. He's wearing a full suit of shiny steel platemail, short a helmet. One of his arms is replaced by a equally shiny, brass coloured, robotic arm. On his back is a large pack absolutely covered in pockets. Strapped under that appears to be a small keg. On either side of his waist is a battle axe.

He glares around the room, his mechanical eye widening and narrowing. "Oo's in charge aroun ear?"

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 01:15 PM
Pontius's Custom Constructs

Pontius, a bald gnome with an unusually large nose, even for gnomes, and brown eyes and wearing a white toga is carried forwards. He's riding an oak chair with four articulated legs and two pairs of articulated arms ending with mannequin-like hands. "That would be me. I'm Pontius, the best golemcraefter in the Nexus. What do you wish to buy?" Because Pontius can't imagine somebody arriving here and not buying anything.

The area in which the door has entered is filled with rows of iron golems of different designs; one nearby seems to have a bear trap built into its head for use as a mouth, and another is slightly rusty.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 01:22 PM
[Pontius's Custom Constructs]

Thrid stomps up to Pontius and glares up at him. "Get down from dat thing, gnome. Ow am I supposed da talk to you up der?" he demands. "An oo says yer da best? I'm thinkin you don know Thrid Blacklocks."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 01:27 PM

Instead of getting down from his chair, Pontius taps it three times, causing the legs to shorten as the thigh and calf bits of the legs telescope into themselves. When finished, Pontius should be at the right height to look Thrid into the eyes. "No. Should I?" It's obvious that Pontius is aware that the dwarf has just introduced himself in an arrogant manor. Pontius, however, believes that the only person with a right to arrogance is himself. Within this shop, anyway, and with one exception.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 01:45 PM

Thrid leans in until he's only a couple centimeters from Pontius' nose. His left eye is fogged over, the pupil barely visible. wirrrrrr click His mechanical eye focuses in.

"Bah, a younglin like you probly nevr even eard of Ogabad the Mighty, let alone me."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 01:50 PM

"I learnt my art from the Grandagadagadagadagad School for the Advancement and Continuation of Research of Magical Devices, Golem Department. It is the best school teaching the crafting of magical devices from my homeworld, which is different to yours. Unless you have heard of the Great King D'Ath, who united the Gnomish People into a single Great Kingdom many thousands of years ago?" And is also the ancestor of all my gnomes. I drew a family tree.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 02:03 PM

"Bah! Ow am I supposed to know some gnome. An befer you say ow are you supposed to know some dwarf, Ogabad was a gnome." Thrid says.

"Now let's see dese golems o yours." he thumps his way over to bear trap mouth and sizes it up. "Dis one ain't dat tough lookin. Doesn't even ave a beard."

Suddenly he raises his armoured non-mechanical hand, makes a fist, and punches the golem as hard as he can.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 02:10 PM

Beartrapjaw doesn't move from the spot, not even swaying from the punch. Though, Thrip might now have an extremely sore hand given that, unlike his wood golems and some 'cheaper' stone ones, his iron golems are good quality. Actually, they are all good quality for the materials they are made out of, it's just that Pontius uses good quality steel. I know they're iron golems, but steel is an iron alloy. "I have not heard of Ogabad, no. But were we from the same world, if you knew any gnome it would be Great King D'Ath, who conquered the elvish capital and captured thirteen dwarf mines." I'm not entirely sure if Pontius is boasting, lying, or telling the truth.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 02:20 PM

His hand is not only sore, it's broken in several places. The hand in question is wreathed in black energy for a moment as it heals. The dwarf oesn't even flinch.

"Blasted fool ee is. Probly ad an early grave stoppin at thirteen." Thrid says matter of factly.

He looks around the store, his eye wiring and clicking as he does so. "Where's yer forge, gnome?"

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 02:26 PM

"Downstairs, next to my woodworking bench, bubbling cauldrons, masonry area and bodgeyard. Unless you are a construct seeking repairs, it is a restricted area. Trade secrets." Namely, the golem-building golems. "And Great King D'Ath lived until he was one hundred and thirty three, when he died after a cucumber went the wrong way. At least, that's the general consensus. The Gnomish word could also mean 'concubine' if the stress is put on the second, not the third, syllable." That's a book reference.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 02:40 PM

"I don need to be earin about de king's trouble in bed, gnome." Thrid replies irritably. ((Kinda want to read that book now.

I wonder if this is going anywhere.:smalltongue:))

"Bah, I don't be needin repairs. 'Specially not from some lippy gnome." He looks back at beartrapjaw and pokes it.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 02:49 PM

((It's The Last Hero, by Terry Pratchett. Not a major event, only mentioned in passing, and occured before the start of the story.))

Poking Beartrapjaw has no effect on the golem. Just as punching it didn't. "If you want to have a look, there's different material golems elswhere. Wood, stone, plastic, bone, but if you want flesh you have to provide the corpses. There's also homunculi, gargoyles, automatons, guardians, animate statues and suits of armour, and I do comissions too." The lippy gnome isn't being lippy at the moment. Still rude, though.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 02:58 PM

((I figured it must have been Terry Pratchett.))

"Animated armour, eh?" The dwarf strokes his beard. "Maybe ya can elp me. But first..."

This time Thrid raises his mechanical arm and punches the golem. He puts all his strength and the strength of his arm behind it. As an added bonus, the arm is designed so that when it punches something the fist will shoot out a few inches just before contact as to greatly increase the force of the blow. To top it off his arm is likely better quality steel.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 03:10 PM

The golem takes a step backwards, but doesn't fall over. There's a dent where Thrid punched it. The golem's eight feet tall (most iron golems are), three feet wide and solid steel. Instantly the effect of one of Pontius's spells activates, and the dent begins to fix itself. "That will be 100 gold vandalism charge, please." I would advise Thrid not to haggle, but I'm not sure he'll listen. Different world means different gnomes means different customs.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 03:13 PM

Thrid spins around furiously to face Pontius. "Are ye daft gnome? Dere's not even a scratch. Sides, I was just testin ta see if yer work was worth anythin."

Safe to say he won't be paying a centcopper.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 03:20 PM

"Only because of a spell placed here. It will now require recasting and that will cost me two hundred gold pieces. Because you refused first time, there's the insult charge, doubling the previous amount." That's why you don't haggle with my gnomes; they see it as the customer (who doesn't know what they are talking about) insulting the quality of their products. Hence they put the price up to redeem the perceived insult on the crafter's skill.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 03:27 PM

How about actually insults?:smalltongue:

"If you didn use such cheap steel den it'd be fine! You ain't getting two coppers from me!" the dwarf roars.

He widen his stance as a physical reminder of his unwillingness to budge. Either that or he's ready to launch himself at Pontius.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 03:31 PM

"More insults! Only one thing can restore my honour!" Beartrapjaw takes a step forwards and tries to pick Thrid up and move him closer to Beartrapjaw's bear trap jaw which it will try to use and bite Thrid's head off. Rusty's also approaching, along with eight other iron golems.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 03:38 PM

Thrid rolls forward and draws his axes in one swift movement. "You stupid gnome! Was just constructive criticism."

The blades of the axes glow white hot and he traces a rune in the air with them. A disembodied appears and spirit tries to take control of Rusty.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 03:44 PM

"You should have said that first!" The golems don't get closer. The spirit will have difficulty possessing Rusty; all the golems are warded against possession and enforced magical take-overs. "If you want that rust golem, pay for it like everybody else. Don't try and steal it."

Gullara
2011-01-11, 03:52 PM

Thrid grunts and the spirit vanishes. He slowly puts away his axes. Instead of putting an axe through Pontius' head, the dwarf settles for an angry glare.

"You take things too personally, gnome. An yer still not gettin a copper outta me."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 03:57 PM

"You expressed interest in an animated armour? Well, please follow me. And please, call me Pontius." Pontius the gnome's chair waddles off, heading towards another part of the warehouse. Specifically, a part on the other side of the wood golems, an area with golems made of different types and colours of wood, carved in different ways and in different sizes. At one point, they pass a golem made of folded paper.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 04:03 PM

Thrid shrugs and says, "Old on a sec, Ponty. I wanna know if ye can animate me armour."

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 04:14 PM

"I'd need to know what existing enchantments are already on your armour and it will take a while. The magics already on it will effect how long it will take." Pontius is back to business and he's turned the chair around.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 04:26 PM

"Eh, just some protective runes on de inside to make it stronger. An it's enchanted ta protect from spells." That might explain why it is so shiny and reflective.

He starts unbuckling the straps and dropping the various pieces of armour to the ground. "Oh, an dere's somethin to make it foldable."

He then pulls off his many pocketed pack. He reaches his hand into it impossibly far. He grunts with dissatisfaction and reaches into another pocket, again impossibly far. He does this several more time before pulling out the missing arm and helmet of his armour.

Yes that bag's many pockets also lead to many pocket dimensions.

Oh and under his armour he wears a simply tunic and pants.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 04:32 PM

"I will have it finished in two day's time. Come back then." The arms on his chair try to pick the armour up, which will be taken down to the basement and subsequent animation. He doesn't mention price yet.

Gullara
2011-01-11, 04:33 PM

"It'd better be in good shape when I'm back." Thrid says before leaving.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-11, 04:44 PM

"It'll only be damaged if there's something I didn't know about it." Pontius will take it down to the basement and put it on a slab of rock. It will then be ignored as the ambient magic imbued in the building when Pontius bought the place does its work and begins the process of animating it. Pontius won't touch it again until Thrid comes back; it should be finished in three hours. Pontius just wants Thrid to leave him alone for a while.

The Bushranger
2011-01-11, 05:31 PM
[Erin's Emporium]

Dorotha nods.
It will. And I think I managed to fix the issues with the protective amulets too...

"Really? That's awesome!"
Crissy grins. "So...um...what was wrong with them?"

Rebonack
2011-01-11, 09:27 PM

The alien leaps away, laughing maniacally as she ducks to run where mini-Magtok told her to go, which is past Moondoh. She's pretty fast.

Guess mini-Mag has nothing to add at the moment.

On with the show!

As Cyban goes racing away several Goons take up the chase! Moondoh pushes a nearby button on his control panel which causes fitting music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg) to be piped in through the lab's intercom system.

The alien is faced with a T in the junction ahead! The path to the right is labeled 'Unstable Monster Containment' whilst the path to the left bears a sign which reads 'Horrible Disfiguring Fluid Vats'.

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 09:46 PM
[outside Magmart]

Raz totally teleports in! Likely bringing Atoya along!

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 09:50 PM
[Outside Magmart]

Atoya appears with Raz!

"Woah."

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 09:57 PM
Indeed, the teleport experience is like a weird, head hurting optical illusion. Raz just stepped from point A to B, ignoring the distance in-between.

'Kay, so I figure I buy you some stuff to distract you from breaking NO's servitors, yeah?

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 09:59 PM
[Magmart]

"I wasn't breaking them!" Atoya insists, but enters Magmart anyway.

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:02 PM
Eh, whatever. Now don't go mad here. I had to steal from a great many people to get this cash hoard.

He pulls a gold bar from nowhere, tossing it over

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 10:06 PM
[Magmart]

"Alright..."

She starts walking around, looking at all the wonderful things to waste money on.

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:09 PM
Raz swallows his worry, and goes off looking at guns and such.

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 10:11 PM
[Magmart]

Naturally, Atoya follows, and naturally, she is fascinated by the guns.
"Hey Raz, what are these things?
Do they explode?"

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:16 PM
Dude, you don't know guns?

Raz shows her!

you hold this end, and point the other at whatever you want maimed or dead. Their like ... crossbows, but not lame

Lord Magtok
2011-01-11, 10:16 PM

Magtok squeaks in terror upon seeing the two horribly dangerous options available to the two of them.

Bear umm...BEAR LEFT! GO LEFT! Wait, do aliens have a 'left'? THE DIRECTION OF THE EAR I'M NOT YELLING IN! GO THAT WAY!

One of those monsters might be a hideous frogbeast or something. At least with the acids, he's moderately safer hiding behind Cyban's earlobe.

[Magmart]

HI! DO YOU NEED ANY HELP, SIR OR MA'AMS? I AM PROGRAMMED TO ASSIST WITH ANY AND ALL OF YOUR SHOPPING NEEDS!

Aack! How did that seven foot tall Magbot with a creepy and terrifying grin on his face get right next to you guys so fast?! :smalleek:

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 10:17 PM
[Magmart]

"...Huh...

...Can I have one?"

And then, suddenly, a giant very loud thing tries to destroy Atoya's eardrums.

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:20 PM
Gah, no godammit. Sod off or I'll give her a visual demonstration!

to be honest, Raz would have shot the thing already if the gun was loaded

he adds to Atoya:

I don't see why not. Self defence and all

Lord Magtok
2011-01-11, 10:24 PM
MagMart

The freakish giant slinks off upon being rejected once more. It honestly doesn't understand, all the other Magbots make this job look so easy when they do it...:smallfrown:

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:26 PM
Raz hates all sales attendants equally! It comes from shoplifting a lot!

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 10:28 PM
[MagMart]

"Aww, but he seemed so friendly..."

Atoya has grabbed a weapon, and seems to be annoyed at how heavy it is.

"So, this thing makes things be dead?
How?"

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:30 PM
It's a simple point and click interface.

How strong does Atoya look? If average for a 19 year old girl, he directs her towards the pistol section :p

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 10:35 PM
[MagMart]

She grabs a pistol, still annoyed at how heavy this hunk of metal is.

"But it doesn't... do anything." She pulls the trigger uselessly.

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:37 PM
Woah there

Raz restrains her triggerhappy hand.

It needs to be loaded and readied first. These are all unloaded, so as to stop random murders.

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 10:40 PM
[MagMart]

"So how do I... load it?
Will you teach me?
I want to be able to use one!"

Lord Magtok
2011-01-11, 10:42 PM
MagMart

Actually, each and every MagMart firearm comes pre-loaded with one "idiot-test" bullet chambered inside. So long as the safety is on, Atoya is fine. However, if the safety gets flicked off, then she's in trouble. Even if it doesn't hit anyone and the recoil doesn't twist a finger or something, she'll fail the test and probably get banned from purchasing a MagMart firearm.

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:45 PM
Raz nods. Given he's English, where there is no real gun culture, and has never been formally trained, he hasn't been paying attention to his gun safety and missed the safety thing :smalltongue:

OK. We have a range back at NO I think.

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 10:46 PM
[MagMart]

Atoya smiles happily and looks around for something else to buy.

Maybe some of these gun-accessories!

Darklord Bright
2011-01-11, 10:47 PM

'Horrible Disfiguring Fluid Vats' it is! Cyban leaps down the hallway at tops speeds, following Mini-Magtok's directions!

"You had best lead the the correct way, tiny creature! ONE DOES NOT TRIFLE WITH CYBAN!"

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:48 PM
Yeah, responsible Raz leads her too the silencers. She's a sneaky type right?

Uh, these make it quieter. Although it'll still be quite loud

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 10:51 PM
[MagMart]

"Quieter is good." She says matter-of-factly, grabbing one and figuring out how it attaches.

"Oooh! Look! Special pockets for it!" she exclaims, picking up a holster.

ApeofLight
2011-01-11, 10:55 PM
[Streets]

Walking down the streets of Inside is a thin fragile looking woman in a yellow dress. She seems to be scanning the faces in the crowd as she walks down the street as if looking for someone. She is also closely followed by a old man in a suit that seems to say butler or manservant.

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 10:56 PM
Yeah, cause they're a bitch to carry otherwise. Unless you can port stuff in anyway

Elsewhere

Gunther walks up to the old lady who's name he already forgot's house

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 10:59 PM
[MagMart]

Atoya smiles, happy about her new weaponry, though no-one has bothered to mention ammo yet.

"So, what next?
Are we going to buy some glue?"

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 11:02 PM

Why glue in particular?

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 11:07 PM
[MagMart]

"Glue is useful.
Sticks things to other things.
Oooh, or tape!"

She smiles, still browsing the weaponry shelves.

But suddenly...

"Eep!!" She jumps away from the grenade rack.
"Th-those explode!"

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 11:16 PM
Yeah, that's the point. Why ... Oh yeah, Jacks cave.

They need to be armed first babe. Your safe here

Probably

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 11:18 PM
[MagMart]

"...They... won't blow up?"

She still decides to cling to Raz's arm for safety until they are past the explosives.

Terumitsu
2011-01-11, 11:19 PM
[Old Lady O'Gready's House]

Waiting outside of a rather well kept looking duplex was a short, elderly woman who seemed to have forgone glasses entirely in favor of extra thick magnifying glasses. It made her look as if she had some sort of googly fish eyes. The fact that she squinted even still said quite a bit about her. That is to say, She'd probably get along well with Mr. Magoo. In any case, she peered at the thing that was currently blocking the light. "Are you the one those kind sirs sent?" she asked to the large thing in front of her.

Gunter would notice that she was talking to the tree right next to him. He was free to correct her at any time but she seemed content in jabbering on to the tree. "My dear Mr. Mittens is up in the tree right next to you. He's been up there for a while and he won't come back down when I call! he'll miss his supper if he doesn't come down soon!" she half wailed. Gunter might find this a little funny in an ironic sort of way. The content of the message if not the way it was delivered at least. The tree itself was an old oak and occasionally a deep growling noise could be heard from it. That probably wasn't ominous at all!

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 11:28 PM
Not unless someone sets 'em off. should be fine

He leads her on, anyway

_________

Gunther follows the lady, brow furrowed.

uh yes, im gunther the troll. you need your kitty back then?

Gullara
2011-01-11, 11:30 PM
[Red Zone]

Hey look it's Nite, and he's not here to feed. Instead he's wandering the streets, looking for a couple chumps to save.

Mr. Cat may or may not be following him.

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 11:34 PM
Not unless someone sets 'em off. should be fine

He leads her on, anyway.

[MagMart]

Once away from the dangerous exploding things, Atoya runs off to looks at other things, before trying to find the place to pay for her new toy.

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-11, 11:35 PM
Raz starts to think he should have let her play with the penguins ...

V'icternus
2011-01-11, 11:38 PM
[MagMart]

Study. She wanted to study the penguins. :smalltongue:

Rebonack
2011-01-11, 11:38 PM

The the disfiguring fluid storage area!

As the pair race through Moondoh's labs they now find themselves flanked by enormous vats of bubbling toxic green fluid! No doubt even a drop of this stuff could disfigure someone horribly, causing them to turn to a life of crime. Sorta like Two-Face or the Joker or something.

No idea what the disfiguring fluid is for, though.

But it must be important since there's a whole lot of it!

Near the end of the chamber is a rather normal looking door sigh a sign above it. A sign that reads 'Exit' in neon letters.

Hmmm...

Darklord Bright
2011-01-11, 11:46 PM

"OF COURSE!"

Cyban leaps for the exit, laughing maniacally, slamming into it hard with her mechanical limbs!

Terumitsu
2011-01-11, 11:48 PM
"Gunther. What a nice name. Yes Gunther, if you could be so kind as to get my kitty for me. He's fond of high places so it might be a bit of a climb." said the old lady. "And if he tries to sass you just don't take any of it. He's probably just afraid of a new face is all. He'll only play-bite you if you bother him." she said with that innocent smile of the oblivious.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-11, 11:49 PM
[Red Zone]

Hey look it's Nite, and he's not here to feed. Instead he's wandering the streets, looking for a couple chumps to save.

Mr. Cat may or may not be following him.

Mr. Cat isn't, just one of his invisible eyes. I'm sure there is no drought of crimes to choose from, in fact, someone just screamed in that alley, over there!

Gullara
2011-01-11, 11:50 PM
[Red Zone]

Well then, Nite makes his way over to the alley. His cloak blending him into the darkness nicely and his steps silent.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 12:04 AM
[Vampire Bakery]
Claire walks into her shop. the Holo-Claire is doing a good job selling pastries to people.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-12, 12:07 AM
[Red Zone]

A man is mugging another, considerably fatter man. Well, more holding him up with what appears to be a sharpened lead pipe. The mugger is quite tall, and wears a dirty and torn white suit with a black spiral pattern. From the looks of him, he's been on the street for several days now.

The Bushranger
2011-01-12, 12:11 AM
[Vampire Bakery]
Claire walks into her shop. the Holo-Claire is doing a good job selling pastries to people.

And Mikani follows Claire in, looking around with interest!
And surprise at seeing Holo!Claire.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 12:13 AM
[Red Zone]

Well this should be easy. Nite makes a black hand to grab the mugger by the collar of his suit. He then tries to lift him so his face is just in front of Nite's.

He has a very menacing expression right now.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 12:15 AM
[vampire bakery]
The bakery has that wonderful sourdough smell. The holo!Claire grabs Claire a bagel and then asks What do you wish to purchase?

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-12, 12:23 AM
[Red Zone]

Magnio is grabbed and stares death quite-likely-worse-than-death Nite in the face. Sadly, he doesn't take in the expression of menace, because he's busy choking.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 12:30 AM
[Red Zone]

Magnio is grabbed and stares death quite-likely-worse-than-death, otherwise known as Nite, in the face. Sadly, he doesn't take in the expression of menace, because he's busy choking.

Fixed that for you.

"Hey, tubby. Get out of here and try not to die." he says to the fat man. "As for you." This is the part where the bad man dies. It's not like the comics at all. Nite isn't hungry anymore at least. Wait wait wait, Magnio? I guess no death. But the suggestion still lies.

The Bushranger
2011-01-12, 12:32 AM
[vampire bakery]
The bakery has that wonderful sourdough smell. The holo!Claire grabs Claire a bagel and then asks What do you wish to purchase?

"Um, can I get a brownie please?" Mikani asks, before grinning at Claire. "This is neat!"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-12, 12:37 AM
[Red Zone]

It is indeed Magnio, this can be deduced by the fact that no-one else would be so stupid as to try and stab Nite with a sharpened lead pipe. Which is what Magnio is trying to do, with all the might of six very upset ants, two of which have just discovered that their wives have been cheating on them. The fat man, meanwhile, is running.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 12:41 AM
[Red Zone]

You know, the logical course of action here would result in a very dead Magnio.

Oh and the pipe doesn't even scratch him. "Do you have a death wish? Be cause I would be happy to oblige."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-12, 12:44 AM
[Red Zone]

True, but Magnio has one advantage. He's so pathetic, there's no point in killing him.

Magnio blubbers out something that sounds vaguely like "No." Oh, and he's doing a magic trick. This trick involves turning his face purple by not breathing.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 12:46 AM
[Red Zone]

That... that is pretty pathetic. Nite sneers and tosses Magnio to the side of the alley.

I hope that Mr. Cat is getting his proof that Nite is a good guy.:smallsmile:

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-12, 01:00 AM
[Red Zone]

Yep. Magnio is probably going to end up as the demi-god of Being Pathetic, his powers would be a complete lack of powers, competence and ability to do anythig right, of course. And Mr. Cat is in fact very upset. Largely because he was hoping Nite would rip off one of Magnio's legs, fry it and eat it like a drumstick in front of Magnio.

It's to late to do so sadly, as Magnio has wisely made a run for it before his player could give the golem any ideas.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 01:04 AM
[Red Zone]

Meh. Nite starts wandering again. Only needing one chump to save now.

((Deadtime for the night))

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-12, 10:10 AM
"Gunther. What a nice name. Yes Gunther, if you could be so kind as to get my kitty for me. He's fond of high places so it might be a bit of a climb." said the old lady. "And if he tries to sass you just don't take any of it. He's probably just afraid of a new face is all. He'll only play-bite you if you bother him." she said with that innocent smile of the oblivious.

i gotta bad feeling about this.

He looks up at the tree. Being nearly eight foot tall, he has a better perspective than a human

uh ...mr kitty if you climb down this is gonna be easier for both of us.

pointed up at the tree

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 10:29 AM
"Um, can I get a brownie please?" Mikani asks, before grinning at Claire. "This is neat!"

Y-y-yeah. Claire smiles back. Holo!Claire gives her a brownie.

Terumitsu
2011-01-12, 01:16 PM
Even with the advantage of height, the dense foliage of the tree would prevent Gunther from seeing much at all without either going up or possibly bringing the tree down. The elderly lady probably wouldn't be too keen on the second option, though...

There was a deep growling, though. Sounded feline but much larger than any house cat...

Project_Mayhem
2011-01-12, 01:27 PM
uh ... ok cat. im gonna climb up and im not gonna be happy

Gunther starts awkwardly climbing the tree. His ridiculous bulk is largely offset by his ridiculous strength

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 01:54 PM
[Park]

"No. She doesn't know. We have a sort of...understanding...that sometimes, just for a little while, we might want to be with someone else for a day or two. Perhaps in time we can be friends again? I'm sorry about...about this. If this is too much for you, I understand. I have to head back home soon anyway. If you want, just say the word, and I'll never come back, or, well, I'll never visit Trog's again. I can't promise I won't come back, not with the demons here." Damon walks over to her, reaching out with one hand to hold hers, "I am so sorry, so sorry. I can't tell her now, not the truth anyway. She'd get angry. I wouldn't want her to hurt you. I love her...but I do still care about you. I did want to help you settle in here, though I fear I've undone any help I may have been."

Ambrosia withdraws her hand and shakes her head, "You should have told me Damon, even if you said it wouldn't be permanent... I can't be the other woman Damon, I can't be the second choice. Go back to her." Ambrosia tells him, not acting either angry nor sad, just very stable.

Gnrlshrimp
2011-01-12, 02:26 PM
[Park]

"I know I should've! I felt horrible about it when I realised I hadn't. Look, I-" Damon sighs "I'm glad I got to see what it was like to love you. And...and...I'm sorry I wasn't honest with you." Damon tries to give Ambrosia a quick embrace, then starts walking away. "I hope you get on alright here. I have to be going."

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 03:00 PM
[Park]

Ambrosia just let him get that close to her for a moment before she steps back, just looking at him as he explains himself. "Just go Damon, bet she's waiting." The dragonborn tells him, still no emotions showing.

Gnrlshrimp
2011-01-12, 03:17 PM
[Park]

Damon shifts back to dragon form and takes off, glancing back once, before heading off to meet with Sarah.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 04:31 PM
[Docks]

((Scene Music)) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZggieOGsgo)

Fog had been gathering all morning, and the dock workers were restless. Hobb paced back and forth nervously, while Jarl shouted at everyone to keep them working and on their toes.

Now, however, the fog is close, and the docks empty. Each worker had found their own excuse to leave, and no one questioned it. So as the fog rolls in, there is no one to meet a ship as it drifted in, and it arrives at the docks with little sign of its approach beyond the fog. No oars mar the unnaturally still surface of the sea, and no wind fills the sails- yet it travels forward at a steady pace.

The hull painted a bone white, edged with black, it is a beautiful structure, but with a somber, funereal tone which is only furthered by its name and the quiet, barely seen crew moving about its decks. As a low, resonant bell tolls from its prow to signal its approach, the impression only deepens. Upon receiving no reply, ropes are thrown to the docks, and the sailors aboard see them secured while a gangplank is put down.

The Pale Bride has arrived, and the ghostly fog that it travels beneath begins to seep through the city, easily seen and its source traced by anyone who cares to look. Thin tendrils of the white mist twine through the streets like roots from a vine, leading the curious back to the ship.

iElf
2011-01-12, 04:49 PM
[Docks]

Fog had been gathering all morning, and the dock workers were restless. Hobb paced back and forth nervously, while Jarl shouted at everyone to keep them working and on their toes.

Now, however, the fog is close, and the docks empty. Each worker had found their own excuse to leave, and no one questioned it. So as the fog rolls in, there is no one to meet a ship as it drifted in, and it arrives at the docks with little sign of its approach beyond the fog. No oars mar the unnaturally still surface of the sea, and no wind fills the sails- yet it travels forward at a steady pace.

The hull painted a bone white, edged with black, it is a beautiful structure, but with a somber, funereal tone which is only furthered by its name and the quiet, barely seen crew moving about its decks. As a low, resonant bell tolls from its prow to signal its approach, the impression only deepens. Upon receiving no reply, ropes are thrown to the docks, and the sailors aboard see them secured while a gangplank is put down.

The Pale Bride has arrived, and the ghostly fog that it travels beneath begins to seep through the city, easily seen and its source traced by anyone who cares to look. Thin tendrils of the white mist twine through the streets like roots from a vine, leading the curious back to the ship.

Din, walking back to the HALO shuttle notices the ship....she looks interesseted and walks towards it

McBish
2011-01-12, 04:53 PM
[Docks]

Nearby the docks Phoebe steps out of the ocean after her swim. With a touch to her shark tooth necklace she is dried off. She picks up her few possessions that she had left on the beach and looks around at the fog that has rolled in.

She frowns a bit tucking her sword/stick into her belt and taking her helmet and putting it on heading towards the new ship, which she figures is the cause of the fog. She spots Din heading towards it and waves hello probably meeting her on the way to the ship.

iElf
2011-01-12, 04:54 PM
Nearby the docks Phoebe steps out of the ocean after her swim. With a touch to her shark tooth necklace she is dried off. She picks up her few possessions that she had left on the beach and looks around at the fog that has rolled in.

She frowns a bit tucking her sword/stick into her belt and taking her helmet and putting it on heading towards the new ship, which she figures is the cause of the fog. She spots Din heading towards it and waves hello probably meeting her on the way to the ship.

Din will wave back, and approach her "do you know what's up with that ship? it seams...strange"

Earl of Purple
2011-01-12, 04:57 PM
Pale Bride

Also interested is a medusa. She has green scales, a face that's attractive in a Grecian way, although it is slightly ruined by the empty sockets where her eyes used to be. She can still see, though; the snakes that make up her hair have eyes, and she can see using those. She is wearing tattered rags, and is armed with a longbow. There's no arrows visible, however.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 05:01 PM
[Docks]

Somewhere between the formal dance starts in Serpents Gaze (that must be one of the most evil sounding names on hotel I have ever heard now that I think about it. :smalltongue:) Cessie goes down on the streets interested in finding a few souvenir from the nexus she can bring back to Hestopia.

Of course, the most exotic goods were often found in the docks in her experience, inside was a odd town however, but she was in luck, a merchant ship had just arrived... a rather strange ship to that.

Cessie carefully approaches it, feeling a growing sense of uneasiness settle in her stomach as she approaches the ship, was this really such a good idea?

"Excuse me? Could I talk to anyone that works here?" She asks, the mist making it hard to see much of the ship or it's crew.

For safety she kept up a shield... just in case.

McBish
2011-01-12, 05:06 PM
Din will wave back, and approach her "do you know what's up with that ship? it seams...strange"

I don't know. It seemed like something that should be checked out. Says the young warrior. She tries to peer through the mist, hoping to make out something on the ship.

Phoebe hears Cessie and heads over towards the other woman as well.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 05:07 PM
[Pale Bride]

As the group approaches, they may note that the sailors (who are just finishing tying the ship to the dock) are wearing identical black outfits. Tall leather boots, a sturdy vest and black scarves about their faces to keep the sea spray from their mouths, they may look fairly intimidating. When Cessie speaks to one of them, she merely gets a look before he turns away and back to his task.

However, their appearance is offset by the woman who comes down the gangplank. Pale skin, dark haired, and dressed in a white robe, she is quite reminiscent of the ship's name.

She smiles at those approaching and gives a low curtsy.
"Welcome to the Pale Bride."
Her voice is soft and quiet, as if rarely used. A bit of strain to it almost indicates she cannot raise it any further than she already has.
"Please, come this way."
She gestures for them to move up the gangplank and onto the ship.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-12, 05:10 PM
Pale Bride, Docks

Berenice, the medusa, will follow the ship-lady. The snakes growing from her head writhe and watch the other members of the party.

iElf
2011-01-12, 05:14 PM
[Pale Bride]

As the group approaches, they may note that the sailors (who are just finishing tying the ship to the dock) are wearing identical black outfits. Tall leather boots, a sturdy vest and black scarves about their faces to keep the sea spray from their mouths, they may look fairly intimidating. When Cessie speaks to one of them, she merely gets a look before he turns away and back to his task.

However, their appearance is offset by the woman who comes down the gangplank. Pale skin, dark haired, and dressed in a white robe, she is quite reminiscent of the ship's name.

She smiles at those approaching and gives a low curtsy.
"Welcome to the Pale Bride."
Her voice is soft and quiet, as if rarely used. A bit of strain to it almost indicates she cannot raise it any further than she already has.
"Please, come this way."
She gestures for them to move up the gangplank and onto the ship.

"...no good in turning back now..."

Din hesitates for a few seconds,and will go aboard the ship

McBish
2011-01-12, 05:18 PM
All aboard. Phoebe says quietly to herself as she walks up the gangplank onto the ship.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 05:21 PM
[Pale Bride]

The magician looks around the deck as she boards the ship after Angie whom she remembers she have meet before at some point.
The young lady follows along the others, now curious what the ship could offer.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 05:34 PM
[Pale Bride]

The woman follows them up onto the deck, speaking as she guides towards a door leading to the lower areas of the ship.
"Aboard this vessel, you will find many things. Not just rare trinkets and spices, as other merchants may offer, not even just things of magic and legend. We offer ways to return what you have lost, to heal what cannot be healed- while some can offer you cherished treasures, we can offer memories and dreams, ephemeral qualities and emotions that cannot be found in bottle or box."

She opens a door to the lower decks, revealing a velvet draped path amidst shelves, displays, and stands that contain thousands of priceless treasures and artifacts. No sign of what he has offered, but how would such things be immediately apparent, anyway? With a hand, she ushers them into the room, blue candles lighting to illuminate the dim interior as they enter.

Earl of Purple
2011-01-12, 05:37 PM
Pale Bride, Docks

"Could you restore my eyes? I can see fine, I just want to be able to turn people to stone again." Berenice sounds as though she's trying not to be excited, and failing slightly.

McBish
2011-01-12, 05:39 PM
((This isn't Angie, this is Phoebe, should probably make the text color a bit different.))

Interesting. Phoebe says looking around at all the treasures sitting around on the shelves. But she will let herself be ushered into the room with the blue candles.

She glances over at the Medusa who apparently wants to be able to turn people to stone again, and frowns. That seems mean.

iElf
2011-01-12, 05:39 PM
pale bride

Din will enter, looking around ...looking exited...maybe...maybe they could do it

Gullara
2011-01-12, 05:41 PM
[Pale Bride]

The mist creeping through the alley caught Nite's attention and he followed it back to its source. And it's a spooky ship.

He approaches the ship cautiously, but is clearly visible to those on the ship.

He should be able to tell if the crew is alive.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 05:46 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

The door opens, and in walks a figure. The figure being the happy-go-lucky vampire, Alysha.

She looks around with a wide smile on her face.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 05:48 PM
[Pale Bride]

"Is that so?" The mage says as she eyes the quite impressive stock this ship appeared to have.

"This all sounds very much like deals I have heard before, what is the price of these things?" She asks the woman.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 05:58 PM
[Pale Bride]

"I am sure we could provide."
The woman says with a small smile to the medusa.
"Restoring what you once had is well within our capabilities."

She looks to Cessie, inclining her head respectfully.
"You may pay in nearly whatever medium you wish, but I cannot name specific prices on a vague topic."

Nite will easily see that none of the crew, or indeed, anyone on the ship except those who just recently boarded, are alive.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 05:58 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

The door opens, and in walks a figure. The figure being the happy-go-lucky vampire, Alysha.

She looks around with a wide smile on her face.

Holo-Claire says What do you wish to purchase? Real Claire says H-h-h-hey Alysha! Want a c-c-c-cookie? There's also a deadtimed Mikani in the corner.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 06:01 PM
[Pale Bride]

Well he's not in a position to judge. It did peek his curiosity though. He tries to get a crew member's attention and ask, "What is this ship exactly?"

McBish
2011-01-12, 06:02 PM
[Pale Bride]

Memories. Phoebe says quite suddenly turning to the pale woman. Memories lost, how much would they cost? She says seriously.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 06:05 PM
Holo-Claire says What do you wish to purchase? Real Claire says H-h-h-hey Alysha! Want a c-c-c-cookie? There's also a deadtimed Mikani in the corner.

Somehow, her smiles seems to get wider.

She nods. Yeah, thanks!

How ya doing, Claire?

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 06:13 PM
[The Pale Bride]

"Any medium you say? Thats interesting, do we come up with the offers ourselves or will you tell us what you like in exchange for a specific item?" Cessie continues asking the lady.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 06:15 PM
Holo-Claire gets Alysha an Anti-bloodlust cookie. G-g-good. M-m-m-my souls feeling b-b-b-better. How are you?

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 06:17 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Anti-bloodlust? What's that do?

Alysha will eat it anyways.

I'm doing good. Found out my Keyblade helps lessen my vampire effects. Which means that if I'm holding it, I can walk outside during the day!

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 06:21 PM
[The Pale Bride]

The sailor Nite addressed looks up at him, then points towards the cabin onboard, saying nothing.

"Perhaps a memory for each one replaced. Or your emotions for a length of time, depending on how many memories you want returned. Perhaps a payment of blood and gold."
The white robed woman says to Phoebe.
"The more memories, the more expensive it will become."

She looks between Cessie and Phoebe.
"I may make suggestions, but I will consider your own offers as well. This is a matter of barter."

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 06:22 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Anti-bloodlust? What's that do?

Alysha will eat it anyways.

I'm doing good. Found out my Keyblade helps lessen my vampire effects. Which means that if I'm holding it, I can walk outside during the day!

It means she won't crave blood for the rest of the day. C-C-C-Can you scry with your k-k-k-keyblade?

McBish
2011-01-12, 06:26 PM
[Pale Bride]

Phoebe frowns. I see. I don't know how much I don't remember. Just times... they are fuzzy. I was in the woods and then the city, don't know where I was before.

Phoebe looks around at the others wondering if they are looking for something lost.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 06:29 PM
[The Pale Bride]

"Very well, then I should have at least some experience in the matter." The mage declares. "Is it possible however that we could bater such a deal with a bit more privacy?" She glances over at the medusa, Phoebe, Nite and Din.
"Once they are done with theirs of course."

Gullara
2011-01-12, 06:29 PM
[Pale Bride]

Well then, Nite will board the ship and knock on the cabin door. Or if it is already open, the door frame.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 06:30 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Ah, okay.

Alysha thinks for a moment.

Not sure. What's scrying?

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 06:40 PM
[The Pale Bride]

The cabin door opens, and Nite will find that the room before him is... difficult to see, as if a shimmer of heat rose out from it and blurred the contents within it, yet the sensation will not pass. Vaguely, he can perceive a figure within the dark, strangely shrouded room.

What have you come for. Asks an impression of a voice. He cannot quite hear it, but he knows it is there, and that that is what it has said.

[Below Deck]

"Of course."
The white robed woman says softly to Cessie.

She turns to Phoebe, placing her palms together in a respectful gesture.
"I understand. It is hard to speak of what is lost when you do not have it. If you desire, we may replace your memories one step at a time, designating a price after each step until they are all replaced or you no longer wish to continue."

As they linger and discuss the treasures of the Pale Bride, the fog that surrounded the ship seems to reappear along the walls, slowly swirling about them. It does not touch those within, but it does slowly begin to conceal the edges of their surroundings. A few more blue candles drift next to the door, keeping the way out well lit.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 06:41 PM
[Vampire Bakery]
Finding someones magic s-s-s-s-signature.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 06:43 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Oh. She thinks some more. Well...not really, no. I know it attracts certain things. Like Heartless.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 06:48 PM
[The Pale Bride]

"Good, I'm going to go up on the deck again while I wait. In time." She promises the woman with a polite nod as she get up on the deck again, looking around so she still can see the dock.

McBish
2011-01-12, 06:50 PM
[Below Deck]

I would like to remember. But I don't know what to give up. I like how I am right now.

Phoebe wishes that she had someone to talk to about this. Maybe Zee, she would be able to help her decide.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 06:51 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Oh. She thinks some more. Well...not really, no. I know it attracts certain things. Like Heartless.

c-c-c-c-can you cast healing magic? Claire asks.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 06:51 PM
[The Pale Bride]

Nite looks around the room as he enters, analyzing it for threats. "I don't know for sure. Information would be a good start. What is this ship, and why is the crew dead?"

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-12, 06:55 PM
[The Pale Bridge]

Magnio, looking very much worse for wear, wanders into the docks and spits the Pale Bridge. He makes his way toawrds the ship, wary of danger.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 06:57 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha nods. Yep! Sure can! Though, it's positive energy stuff, so it doesn't work on vampires. Learned that one the hard way.

I can also cast Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Reflect, and Stop.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 07:05 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha nods. Yep! Sure can! Though, it's positive energy stuff, so it doesn't work on vampires. Learned that one the hard way.

I can also cast Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Reflect, and Stop.

Would you mind helping me c-c-c-cast? Our magic should sync up.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 07:09 PM
[The Pale Bride]

[Cabin]

With the strange blurring haze that covers the room, determining if anything is a threat is quite difficult.
This is the Pale Bride, a merchant's vessel.
The figure shifts in a manner more like smoke than flesh and blood, but it may well be an illusion, given the strangeness of the entire scene.
And they are dead for the same reason you are. It is their nature.
The impression is calm, in contrast to Nite's blunt demands.
Yet you have an edge to you that they do not. Come, put aside your wariness and join me for a time.
Nite might make out a table, which the figure has moved to sit at.

[Deck]

It is difficult to see the docks from here, due to the thick, rolling fog, but Cessie can make them out. Lanterns light the wooden path back to the city, obscured only as the sailors pass by them.

[Below Deck]

"We will not be leaving immediately."
The white robed woman says quietly.
"If you wish to take your time in making a decision, you may."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 07:10 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha nods quickly. Yeah, sure! Let me get my Keyblade.

She holds her hand out to the side. There's a flash of light, and it appears in her hand.

Looks to be made of engine parts.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 07:16 PM
[Vampire Bakery]
Clair makes a scrying pool. On a scale of one to ten how much energy is Alysha putting in?

McBish
2011-01-12, 07:18 PM
[Below Deck]

Thank you. I think I need to go and think about it. Phoebe says looking around at the others.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 07:21 PM
[The Pale Bride]

(Cabin)

Nite is still apprehensive, but he sits. He tries to get a better look at the figure while saying, "Go on."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 07:25 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha watches, her eyes wide with wonder and excitement.

So, what do you need me to do?

From one to ten, she's about a six.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 07:28 PM
[Vampire Bakery]
I n-n-need you to cast your magic through me.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 07:31 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha seems slightly confused by this.

Through you? You mean, like, cast something on you? Like Cure? Or maybe Reflect? She scratches her head a little.

Terumitsu
2011-01-12, 07:31 PM
It's a good thing that oak trees are known for being particularly sturdy as there might otherwise be a problem. The lower branches were strong as could be expected and so ascension would be easy. It would be hard to see with all the branches in the way, apparently the tree had never been pruned, but the growling noise seemed to be coming from up just a little higher.... Where something roughly the size of a small tiger was sitting and growling at the troll. The midnight colored fur was easy to pick out from all the green. It had a somewhat cat-like head but two... Tendrils, for lack of a good word, sprouted from it's back and waved about semi-erratically. The thing glowered at Gunther with indigo eyes and growled.

This.. Might be more trouble than first expected.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 07:34 PM
[The Pale Bride]

Cessie goes to look over the dock, taking a deep breath as she waits for her turn.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 07:41 PM
[The Pale Bride]

[Cabin]

The blur and haze of the cabin does not recede, but Nite can barely make out a humanoid shape, somewhat more feminine in appearance than masculine, though it is hard to be certain.
What do you wish me to say, stranger? Should I weave tales of forgotten times to you?

[Below Deck]

"As you wish."
Replies the woman, giving a curtsy to Phoebe. The exit is clearly visible.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 07:46 PM
[The Pale Bride]

(Cabin)

"I'm mostly curious about what purpose this ship serves. Because I am sure you are not a normal merchant vessel." Nite says, "But I would be interested in any tales you have to tell. I have all the time in the world." He sound somewhat bitter with the last statement.

McBish
2011-01-12, 07:47 PM
Phoebe nods and turns to leave the ship looking deep in thought.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 07:54 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha seems slightly confused by this.

Through you? You mean, like, cast something on you? Like Cure? Or maybe Reflect? She scratches her head a little.

Think that I'm the keyblade.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 07:56 PM
[The Pale Pride]

Seeing the others have either left the ship, are deadtimed, or are talking to different people, Cessie goes down to the woman again. "Is now good?" She asks her.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 07:58 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha looks even more confused.

Um...okay then...

She'll hold her Keyblade vertically in front of her, close her eyes, and concentrate.

Claire is Gearhead...Claire is Gearhead...Claire is Gearhead...

Gearhead being the name of her Keyblade, of course.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 08:06 PM
Now cast! Claire says.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 08:11 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha hesitates just a moment, cause she isn't sure what to cast. So, she goes with one that she figures won't hurt.

Cure.

She raises the Keyblade above her head and shouts it out.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 08:17 PM
[The Pale Bride]

[Cabin]

We sell anything and everything we can find, from gold and jewels to blood and bone, from laughter and dreams to fear and ghosts.
Replies the figure.
Our trade is exotic, but we are merchants.

[Lower Deck]

"Of course."
Replies the woman in white.
"What is it that you desire?"

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 08:21 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha hesitates just a moment, cause she isn't sure what to cast. So, she goes with one that she figures won't hurt.

Cure.

She raises the Keyblade above her head and shouts it out.

The scrying pool says "The person you are looking for can not be found."

Gullara
2011-01-12, 08:23 PM
[The Pale Bride]

"I never said you weren't merchants. Just that you weren't normal." Nite replies. "But you answered that question." Although I do want him to hear about what the others are doing.

"Perhaps you can tell me about how this ship came to be as it is. I assume that the crew wasn't always dead, just like I wasn't always dead."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 08:25 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha keeps her Keyblade raised up, and watches Claire.

Did...did it work...?

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 08:32 PM
[The Pale Bride - Lower Deck]

"Yes... what I'm after can already be granted to my by another side. His price is quite high however so I want to see if your price is lower." Cessie tells the woman as she takes a seat next to her.

"See, my husband happens to be an elf and as an elf, he lives a much longer life then me... what I want is to be able to stay as him. Not age and be able to survive as long as my husband. Thats about 400 years." She continues, "So, are you able to fix that and what would you charge in exchange for it?"

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 08:34 PM
[Vampire Bakery]
n-n-n-no.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 08:36 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Aw...I'm sorry...was it something I did? Maybe I didn't use the right spell.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 08:41 PM
[Vampire Bakery]
N-n-n-no it's him.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 08:43 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Him? She lowers her Keyblade. The guy you're trying to see with this?

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 08:45 PM
[Vampire Bakery]
Yeah... I think he's d-d-d-d-d-dead.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 08:47 PM
[Pale Bride]

[Cabin]

The crew was not always this way, but it is not a single story to tell. They came to be as they are one at a time, and then I brought them aboard my ship to serve.
Replies the figure.
There is no grand legend behind us.

[Lower Deck]

"Such a request is not unknown to us, but it is not easy to accomplish. The easiest methods would certainly be unsatisfactory to you, for they do not take the intention of your wish."
Replies the woman.
"Yet, we can provide precisely what you desire, but each and every year would be costly. What other offer were you made? It would be easier for me to judge a price already set."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 08:48 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Oh... Alysha isn't sure what to say to that.

I'm...I'm sorry... She'll go to give Claire a hug.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 08:54 PM
[Vampire Bakery]
B-b-b-but if he's dead he has wards. Claire sighs. She starts grabbing wands from the cash register.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 08:54 PM
[Pale Bride]

"I see." Nite says. "Going back to your exotic goods. You mentioned unsubstantial goods like fear. Maybe you could go into more detail about your goods."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 08:58 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Wards? Huh? What do you mean?

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 09:00 PM
[Pale Bride - Lower Deck]

Cessie sigh, "Basically to serve, or as he expressed it, perform certain services every year for the one granting me this, for the rest of my life. I also know he's able to do it too, he might be the only one in the world I live."

She shakes her head "It's one of the simplest types of deals, eternal life in exchange for eternal servitude."

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 09:04 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Wards? Huh? What do you mean?

Sp-sp-sp-spells that protect from other spells.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 09:08 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

So...if he's warded, then you can't see him with this?

Then...maybe he isn't dead? He can be alive and warded, right?

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-12, 09:08 PM
[Docks]

Magnio notes the Pale Bridge docked, and attempts to clamber aboard.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 09:12 PM
In the last scry I saw him surrounded by zombies. Claire picks up a wand and frowns.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 09:16 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha frowns a little.

Oh...well, that doesn't mean he's dead. He could have lived.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 09:17 PM
[Pale Bride]

[Cabin]

With my magic, I am capable of siphoning such qualities away from creatures, and preserving them for others. How to use and receive each is unique to the desire of the buyer. An emotion might be stored in a bottle, and when drunk it would allow someone to feel it for a time.
The figure stands and moves over to some piece of furniture... a shelf, perhaps?
I can do far more than that, however.

[Lower Deck]

"I see. I cannot say that our price would be less expensive, but we are not so picky when it comes to how you would pay. If it would appeal to you, you could pay in another manner."
The woman in white says.
"I feel though that there may be other offers we could make you that might suit your purpose which would be far simpler to accomplish, but I do not have knowledge enough to offer them. You would need to speak to the captain."

[Deck]

Magnio will not find it difficult to get aboard the Pale Bride, but will not clearly see anyone to speak to, except the black clad sailors who move silently about their work, not looking at him at all.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 09:20 PM
[Pale Bride]

"Oh?" Nite says and stands himself. "And what more can you do?" He walks closer to her.

Shadowcaller
2011-01-12, 09:25 PM
[Pale Bride - Below Deck]

Cessie raises an eyebrow "Alright... I'll hear with the captain then. Thank you for your help." She tells the woman as she leaves the decks below to meet up with the captain.

[Pale Bride - Captains Cabin]

The mage carefully knocks on the door and waits for someone to acknowledged her or open it.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 09:28 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

Alysha frowns a little.

Oh...well, that doesn't mean he's dead. He could have lived.

He was screaming for his life.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-12, 09:30 PM
[Vampire Bakery]

...maybe somebody else helped him?

She's trying to be optimistic here.

AmberVael
2011-01-12, 09:40 PM
[Pale Bride, Cabin]

Hold for a moment, we have a guest.
Replies the figure, as Cessie knocks on the door, moving to answer it.

Cessie will find the door opening for her, and the strange, hazy and uncertain scene that Nite has found himself in will display itself to her. Nite stands out in clear contrast amidst the blurred scene before her.

What is it you have come for?
The figure asks Cessie.

Gullara
2011-01-12, 09:46 PM
[Pale Bride - Cabin]

"Very well," he says as she goes to the door.

The Bushranger
2011-01-12, 11:07 PM
[Bakery]

Y-y-yeah. Claire smiles back. Holo!Claire gives her a brownie.

And it's at this point that Mikani undeadtimes! Waving at Alysha.

lord pringle
2011-01-12, 11:09 PM
Then Mikani should see the scry fail.

The Bushranger
2011-01-12, 11:16 PM
[Bakery]

She was deadtimed during that. :smalltongue:

So she quietly eats her brownie, and wonders what she missed...

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 01:57 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

Unhinged Rae is there, whistling happily as he looks for someone to rile up. After that he's going to tear out their heart, of course, but still. Of course, a hero is probably going to try to stop- Oh, look, an NPC! How fun!

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 02:06 AM
[Red Zone/Slums]
Hayden and (presumably) Crae pop into existence somewhere near Unhinged Rae in the slums. Hayden searches around for Unhinged Rae.

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 02:11 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

He shouldn't be hard to find what with his happy whistling as he scares the life out of that poor NPC. Literally.

Hmm, fear tastes sour, but it's a good sour...

And yeah, Crae followed.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 02:13 AM
[Red Zone/Slums]

Hayden shoots a large blast of red ergy at Unhinged Rae. "A sour you won't taste anymore."

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 02:22 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

Ooh, another spicy one, I like that.

Unhinged Rae says, smiling his evil smile. He waves his hand and... nothing happens. He takes the blast in the chest and is knocked back onto the man he just killed.

Oh and you brought little Crae too! How fun!

He stands up and starts walking toward Hayden, his wings going through their usual process as they come out, except much bloodier. He's still smiling.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 02:24 AM
Red Zone/Slums

A red Greatsword appears in Hayden's hand as he shoots Unhinge Rae again. "You're not going to hurt anyone anymore."

Quincunx
2011-01-13, 02:32 AM
[Misspelled Cematary]

"Pull!" Minta squeaks, and the new zombie (scraped together from Cematary parts, and thus much drier and prone to flaking than the uncured previous one) heaves on its eviscerated guts, pulling the makeshift rope out of the well. At the other end is a skin bag--no prizes for guessing whose skin was used--and a rotting lidded basket embedded in the glutinous goop of the well. Minta cheers! "YAY I got a prize! C'mon zombie carry that I gotta find someone for this." She reaches for zombie kitty and perches it on her head, with delicacy, if it's permitted, and leads her little troupe of minions out of the Cematary. "How come it's still all misty an' foggy out here nownow?"

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 02:34 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

Oh, thats so cute! You think you can stop me!

He says, batting away the red enegy with his own black. He's still walking forward, slowly.

You've got about as much chance to beat me as you had to save Rae's life. And what were you doing then? Oh, that's right, you were sitting in a space station doing nothing!

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 02:37 AM
Red Zone/Slums

"F(ork). You." Hayden says, charging at Unhinged Rae with his greatsword.

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 02:41 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

Oh yeah, feed the fire. Your heart is gonna be perfectly cooked when I'm done with you.

Unhinged Rae parries the sword with a perfectly simple black dagger.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 02:42 AM
[Red Zone/Slums]

"I don't care. You. Are. Going. To die." Hayden says, stepping back and thrusting at at Unhinge Rae, the greatsword morphing into a longsword.

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 02:46 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

Already done, Hayden.

He says, turning the dagger into a rapier. Parry, backstep, thrust.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 02:50 AM
[Red Zone/Slums]

"And stay down." Hayden says, his longsword transforming into an identical rapier.

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 02:55 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

Oh, that's the kicker, isn't it? Tell me though, if Rae and Emily couldn't put me down, what makes you think you can?

He says, sliding at Hayden and thrusting up at his chest.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 02:58 AM
[Red Zone/Slums]

"Because I hate you. I have no ties to you. They did." Hayden says, sidestepping the thrust, the blow cutting the side of his arm. The rapier transforms into a mace and Hayden swings it at Unhinged Rae's head.

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 03:09 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

Unhinged Rae laughs as the mace hits him. Crunch goes his skull.

You really think that's how things work? I tormented Rae from the time he was eight years old until we were split. You think he didn't hate me? He blew a hole large enough to shove you through in my torso! And look, I'm still here.

He reaches out to grab Hayden's arm, moving surprisingly quickly.

You're small time.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 03:11 AM
[Red Zone/Slums]

"You're not me though. You are a part of Rae." Hayden says, his arm getting grabbed as he aims a kick at Unhinged Rae's face.

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 03:17 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

Correction, I was a part of him.

He says, lunging in to bite Hayden's arm and throwing up his free arm to block the kick.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-13, 03:22 AM
Hayden drops the mace as he is bitten, the mace forming into a red rope and slithering around Unhinged Rae's neck, attempting to choke him.

Rae Artemi
2011-01-13, 03:29 AM
[Red Zone-Slums]

The rope is wrapped around his neck and he's smiling and laughing uncontrollably. He points his ring up, and text appears above it.

I don't need air, idiot. I'm an undead killing machine! And you know the best part? Soon you will be too! Either that or you'll have to find someone to kill you. Good luck!