PDA

View Full Version : Help with professions

The Mentalist
2010-12-24, 10:15 PM
I'm currently working on my first megapost (I'd like to thank the academy, and Zeta Kai, bhu, and Vorpal Tribble *tear*) and I need a few bits of help. The first is I need professions, all sorts of professions. Basically, think of professions that would fit a fantasy setting. Jokes are fine but please add a serious suggestion with them.

Thank you.

Mission Statement
I noticed that there's a supreme lack of support for adventures that aren't go out and kill the dragon, a lack of creative set pieces, things that enrich a world instead of just the PCs so I decided to do my best to help the NPCs get some cool things (the PCs too of course), things like genetic modification through magic, legendary labors, magical animals and crops for farming. A few magitech revolution options. If anyone has any ideas PM them to me and I'll put some work on them. Otherwise just keep being good folks on the boards, you guys are the reason I'm doing this.

mabriss lethe
2010-12-24, 10:44 PM
One of my favorites has been Profession (fortune teller). It's so much fun.

The Mentalist
2010-12-24, 10:45 PM
Thanks. I can do a lot with that.

BenTheJester
2010-12-25, 12:14 AM
Profession(Gambler) has always been fun for the irony of rolling a dice to see how much money you make gambling.

Jarrick
2010-12-25, 12:41 AM
Snake Oil Salesman. Rolling a 1 gets you ran out of town.

Town Crier. Gives the PC an excuse to keep up with local news.

Trader, though this one has some baggage attached, literally.

Medicine seller (cookie if anyone gets the reference)

Smuggler/drug dealer/hitman

Private Investigator

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-12-25, 03:08 PM
So far I've had characters with...

Profession (cheesai) - Basically a professional mourner. Sings and wails.
Profession (undertaker)
Profession (astrologer)
Profession (midwife)
Profession (prostitute) - This was a very unpleasant psion/cancer mage.