PDA

View Full Version : Piercings in the Playground

Malfunctioned
2010-12-25, 07:11 PM
Since we've already got a Tattoos in the Playground thread I thought it was time for a piercing one as well.

I myself love piercings, though I've only got the one so far.

It's an eyebrow bar over my left eye. I got it a few months back and still love it even though I do want several more.

Hopefully I'll be getting Snakebites (http://industrialpiercingjewelry.net/images/double-lip-piercing-bite-piercing.jpg), a second eyebrow piercing next to the first, my ears (both stretched and cartilage) and possibly bridge and tongue as well, I haven't decided fully on those.

So anyone else in the playground have a love of piercings that they want to share?

Exeson
2010-12-26, 07:47 PM
That's a lot you got planned there mate.

I've had my left lobe pierced for about 6 months, and plan to get my left helix done before I go back to university in a few weeks. I'm considered stretching my lobe but as of yet am undecided.

I must say, I personally love corset piercings, don't know why but I just think they look awesome if properly done.

Ego Slayer
2010-12-26, 08:06 PM
I have none. This will change as soon as I hope to get my ears pierced over break. Missed my chance earlier this year when my brother got one done. :smalltongue: Want to get some on the top part of my ears too, whatever those are called properly... too tired to remember...x.x

I guess I like most piercings... and especially on guys...lol. Corset piercings, yesssss. The gauged ones, though... ick. :smallyuk:

One girl in one of my classes had one I'd never seen before. It was on the lower part of the back of her neck. Just two round studs a couple inches apart and she always wore her hair up enough so that you could see it... the colour of the setting on her skin tone plus the colour of her hair just made the whole thing surprisingly attractive.

CynicalAvocado
2010-12-26, 08:23 PM
i'm thinking about an industrial, was gonna get a tongue bar, but my tongue doesn't stick out far enough:smallfrown:

Admiral Squish
2010-12-26, 08:34 PM
I probably will never get them, but I always thought that a pair of steel or silver studs in each ear, one high and one low, always looked really awesome.

IonDragon
2010-12-26, 10:01 PM
I'm considered stretching my lobe but as of yet am undecided.
Do it. You know that tight feeling the piercings have when they're brand new or are just starting to close up? That's how it feels. Love it. Sometimes I let mine close up just a little and then put my earrings back in just to feel it. My gauges are small, only about 3 sizes up from the piercing stud, closed loops. I keep planning on going and getting another size up but never do it cuz I'm lazy.

Moonshadow
2010-12-26, 11:03 PM
I've never understood why people stretch their ear lobes, it always freaks me out when I see them :smalleek:

I only have one piercing, and that's in my left ear, and that's only because my mother forced me to get it done because my other 2 brothers had it done and she thought it would look good on me.

Mr. Moon
2010-12-27, 12:50 AM
I've never understood why people stretch their ear lobes, it always freaks me out when I see them :smalleek:

Yeeeaah... A lot of other piercings look really awesome, but stretched ear lobes actually disgust me.
I once saw a guy with holes in his ears big enough to shove two fists through without touching the sides. I nearly puked. :smalleek:

I used to have my ears pierced when I was about 13. Mum surprised me while I was watching Inu-Yasha, said "Come on, we're going out." I complained a lot, but went along. She leads me to this trendy jewelry place, and asked the sales lady to pierce my ears. My reaction was a mix of "Holy **** you want to put /holes in me/? :smalleek:" and "o.o I'm finally getting my ears pierced yay! :smallbiggrin:"
Five months later, the low quality studs they gave me free as a promo for ear piercing began to fall apart. I was in no place to buy my own, but whine as I might Mum never got me new ones. Eventually the studs fell out. I wasn't ever able to get new ones, so now the piercings have been replaced with two rather tender lumps of scar tissue. =c

Amiel
2010-12-27, 12:57 AM
I have friends who have nose piercings and tongue piercings, some have pierced eyebrows. A few have nose studs.

CynicalAvocado
2010-12-27, 01:05 AM
i loe tongue peircings

Dispozition
2010-12-27, 01:31 AM
I'm thinking about getting my ears, or maybe just one ear, pierced. Not really up on the know with what it's all about since...Well...I've never really considered it before.

MartytheBioGuy
2010-12-27, 01:56 AM
I've been thinking about getting one of my eyebrows pierced. My girlfriend thinks it's the coolest thing I'll ever do, but I want to make sure it's going to look good on me. Also, is there any sort of rule on which eyebrow to pierce? I know the old rule on ears is kind of outdated, but still, I don't want to do something stupid on accident.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-12-27, 02:11 AM
Gauges gross me out mostly because they smell really, really bad.
Generally, I'm not a fan of piercings. Like, at all.
Sometimes, I like bars...and especially industrials and snakebites, but its very rare, and really depends on the person. I don't think many people can pull it off well =/

Fan
2010-12-27, 02:14 AM
I'm of Rabbit's opinions, piercings frankly.. terrify me. If someone has a lot of them, or face piercings I'll be kinda scared of that person even if their really nice.

I don't know why, but it just does.. bald people with piercings do as well, but that's only because of a certain subculture in my area (the American south) and their violent tendencies.

IonDragon
2010-12-27, 02:33 AM
stretched ear lobes actually disgust me.

Gauges gross me out mostly because they smell really, really bad.

You do both realize that anything larger than a piercing stud is a gauge, right?

This for example:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=190482423440And RabbitHole, they don't smell at all if taken care of properly. If a body is emitting a foul oder something is wrong.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-12-27, 10:35 AM
You do both realize that anything larger than a piercing stud is a gauge, right?

This for example:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=190482423440And RabbitHole, they don't smell at all if taken care of properly. If a body is emitting a foul oder something is wrong.
I'm well aware, since several of my friends have them, and one of my friends puts them in people for a living. I still find them gross, and piercings in general, but especially gauges.
And, if that's so, nobody takes care of them, because everyone I've ever known complains about their smell.

IMHO, having holes in your body counts as something wrong. Granted, I won't go on a rant about it, because I'm hypocritical in that tattoos don't bother me at all :smalltongue:

Nameless
2010-12-27, 10:38 AM
I have had two piercings in my ears. One closed up, so now I have one. >.<
Piercings that have crossed my mind are Angel Bites, middle lip piercing and a belly button piercing. I also kind of want a corset done, but it scares me a little. Plus, it's only a surface piercing, so it won't last forever. ._.

Zigg'rrauglurr
2010-12-27, 11:01 AM
My gf got both her upper femenine parts pierced three years ago. Piercing went well, healing, not so much. We even went for vacations in a tent...

One of the piercings was taking too long to heal (Normally is 6 months) so we removed it, and left it to close.

Long story short; The other one is perfect, she uses a circle piercing of about an inch in diameter (the hole, the diameter of the metal is 1.6 milimeters). It looks very nice, on some parties she even uses a glowing closer thingie on it (I dont know the name) the little ball that closes the piercing

Nameless
2010-12-27, 01:15 PM
It looks very nice, on some parties she even uses a glowing closer thingie on it (I dont know the name) the little ball that closes the piercing

That sounds amazing. :smallbiggrin: