PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Eldak (Sohala)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 01:07 AM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||N|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM Notes:Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=238466)

Sohala
2010-12-26, 01:18 AM
I was snatched away, by magic, while awake, correct?

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 01:27 AM
I guess so, but I don't think you get to trigger "I've been affected by magic" things. You've woken up after 3 hours of being brought here. Why?

Sohala
2010-12-26, 01:31 AM
So that I know what my character knows.

Waking still on his knees from his morning meditation, Eldak coolly examined his surroundings.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Search [roll2]

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 01:34 AM
You detect the room has a damp stone floor, with no distiguishing features. There's a small puddle which has a stream of dust in it near the door, do you touch it?

Sohala
2010-12-26, 01:44 AM
Finding nothing of oblivious threat, he stood up. "It would appear Sertous has set me on another trial to prove my worth. So be it." With a wave of his hands, even the darkest corners of the room revealed themselves to him.

(Cast See the Unseen, Darkvision 60, see invis.)

He then draws his morningstar and shield, and then moves to towards the door. Casually he opens it.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 01:47 AM
Are you sure you want to go near the dust in the puddle?

Also, remember, Dragonfire adept invocations have an Arcane Spellfailure chance.

EDIT: But a Husk doesn't, so you're fine.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 01:52 AM
It is that or starve.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 01:55 AM
Okay, as you put your foot in the puddle and the dust, you feel water deposit the dust on your feet. Opening the door, you feel a rush of fetid, poisonous air enter your lungs. Could I have a fortitude save please?

Regardless, when you exit the room you're in through the door, you're standing in a hallway. Your visibility is 60ft, due to darkvision.

The Hallway runs south and east.

To the south, the hallway goes 30 feet south of your position. At 20 feet, the passage splits to the east. At 30 feet, the passage splits to the east and west.

To the east, the passage extends for 80 feet. 10 feet east of you, the passage splits to the north and south. 30 feet east of you, there is a door on the north wall of the hallway. 60 feet east of you, there is a split to the north and south. 80 feet east of you, there is a door on the east wall, and the hallway turns south.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 02:08 AM
Fort save [roll0]

"What foulness is this?" Eldak questioned as he was assualted by the odar.

He weights his options and decides on starting with the closest, and then going from there.

He walks over to the northfacing door and slides it open, weapon and shield ready.

Initiative for first encounter [roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 02:14 AM
How are you checking for traps?

Sohala
2010-12-26, 02:32 AM
I'm not yet. I'm trying to keep actions to IC decisions.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 02:38 AM
As you move towards the door, the dust on your feet starts to stick, and you find your first foot atop a crumbling section of the floor! A pit trap! Reflex save DC 15 or take [roll0] damage.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 02:48 AM
Reflex [roll0]

Unaffected by damage reduction?

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 02:49 AM
Falling damage, so yeah, damage reduction would apply.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 02:59 AM
DR eats 4, take 4, at 8hp.

Which square to be precise? Oh and how big/deep?

How would you like searches rolled, by square?

Eldak lets out a cry as he tumbles into the hole. Righting himself, "Sly as ever. Have it your way." He puts his shield and weapon away so that he may climb better, then attempts to scale out of the hole.

Take 10 on climb for an 8, bracing against the wall and corner.

Is there any ledge to walk around the edge?

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 03:32 AM
Oke; The Pit is 20ft deep and 5ft square, just outside the door. 20ft east from the door where you started, and yes you can climb it with bracing and stuff.

You could take 10 if you like, but you can roll for every square you want to search if that's what you want. No ledge, sorry.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 03:38 AM
Exiting the pit on the far side, he draws his weapons again, then edge back towards the door. He then attempts to open it.

I can do that from the side right?

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 03:42 AM
Yes, you can. I meant that the pit was one square, and the square next to it had a door sharing one of its faces.

Opening the door releases another, disgusting, rush of air (Fort save again, please) and reveals the following room:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_

1|||||

2|||||

3|||L||

4|||||

5|||||[/table]

There are doors at A5 south and E1 north.

In the room there is an ugly looking, blue scaled, lizard thing with fire in it's mouth!

Initiative: [roll0]

Sohala
2010-12-26, 03:49 AM
Don't mind me, I misread the passage layout.

[roll0]

Inti is 10 unless you would like me to roll again.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 03:55 AM
The smell makes you feel slightly woozy, for now...

I shall use the old roll, so he goes first...

He moves to A1 (you are at the south door space) and breathes fire at you! [roll0] halved, Reflex save for half damage, min 1. If you take any damage, you are entangled.

Your turn.

EDIT: 'Night for now

Sohala
2010-12-26, 10:59 AM
Gah, fire damage in the first encounter.

Knowledge check [roll0]
Reflex save [roll1]

Eldak attempts to avoid the full force of the blast, but it seems unlikely.

After being scorched, he moves forward (A4), and then belches some of his own fire.

[roll2] +1 for knowledge devotion, 13 reflex dc

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 10:40 PM
He makes a reflex save [roll0]. What knowledge are you using, local right?

Damage accounted for.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 10:53 PM
I should have all the ID knowledges, and only psionics is +4, all the others are +3.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 10:57 PM
That's handy. You don't learn anything about it as a knowledge check, but you do get the +1 bonus.

On his turn, you take [roll0] fire damage.

The creature roars a challenge, moving to the center of the top wall and readying an action... (C1)

DM Only:

Duration [roll1]

Readied Action: Move away when he starts to breath fire. Attack, I meant.

Your turn.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 11:02 PM
Was my reflex a pass or fail?

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 11:07 PM
Fail. You're entangled, remember, so your reflex save will take a hit as a result.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 11:09 PM
"You will not get away that easy." Shouted Eldak as he followed (B2), and then swung at his foe.

[roll0][roll1]

I was entangled either way, needed a count for damage.

At 6 hp after his last turn. (misread)

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 11:15 PM
The figure laughs cruelly and moves away to E1 as you rush at him. (readied action).

At the start of his turn, you take [roll0] damage.

He then readies another action, after moving to E3. Your turn.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 11:24 PM
His first readied action was for the movement or the attack?

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 11:28 PM
I cannot tell you that. He moved when you made to attack him, so it's probably an attack response.

Ah, yes, you do get an AOO. Go for it. -2 rememeber.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 11:35 PM
I merely wanted to know which action I would get, as I didn't charge him. If it were due to movement I would have a standard action, if it were due to the attack, I would get an AoO.

AoO
[roll0][roll1]

"Not so dumb after all...but not smart enough." Eldak rushed at it again (D3), and then tried his luck again at hitting the foe.

[roll2][roll3]

Gah, forgot the negitive to attack rolls, I even looked up entangled...twice.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 11:39 PM
That's a kill. I shoulda readied to respond if you moved or attacked,,, Ah well.

You still take the damage from his turn, even with him dead, then you take another [roll0] fire damage. It's your turn again, although, non-combat.

Sohala
2010-12-26, 11:40 PM
Quick question for the dungeon, are enemies truely dead after hitting 0 hp, or are they revivable?

Cadian 9th
2010-12-26, 11:48 PM
He's unconscious, you could revive him by stabilizing him, if you like.

Oh, the solidified fire that was clinging to you breaks and you are no longer entangled and suffering damage. The dust that was on your feet from the puddles has disappeared.

Sohala
2010-12-27, 12:09 AM
"Oh no, I'm not done with you yet. You still have one thing left to do in this world." A faint glow appears in Eldak's hands, to which he applies to his fallen foe.

(Cast Cure Minor Wounds)

"Now, so we don't have any untimely interruptions..." He swings his mace twice at the figure, going for less vital areas.

Two subduel strikes.
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

"There, now let us get started..." Assuming a state of prayer on the floor Eldak started mumble softly. Another glow formed on his hands and entered the fallen body.

(Cast Lesser Vigor)

Eldak continued to chant while the glow slowly faded from the body, and then became silent. Reaching into his pack he pulled out a wand. He held it reveredly, "With this blessing, I commit you to Sertous."

(Cast Black Sand from the wand)

Darkness over took the room, and Eldak enjoyed every second of it.

BTW, does black sand, the regular stuff, not the conjured, give off darkvision penetrating darkness?

Anyway, the spell lasts for 3 mins, healing me to full, and turning the thing into black sand.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-27, 12:52 AM
When you stabilize him, he coughs up fiery blood, then summons a mighty roar of rage, blanketing you with acid, entangling you also - and with that, the humanoid's red, bright eyes roll back into his skull and he falls back to unconsciousness... You suffer [roll0] damage, reflex DC 15 half, and are entangled for a random amount of time.

DM Only

Silly goose.

Duration [roll1]

EDIT: I'll get back to you on your black sand question.

Sohala
2010-12-27, 01:31 AM
To double check, it was exactly -1 hp and is now at 0 hp. I just want to confirm what I am reading. If it were any lower, it should still be taking a nap.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-27, 01:50 AM
?? His HP was below -1, yes. Even if he was on -1 and was CMW'd up to 0, taking a strenuous action would cause him to take 1 damage, fall unconscious and start dying.

Any form of magical healing will stabilize a subject, restoring them to the Disabled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#disabled) condition.

Sohala
2010-12-27, 09:41 AM
A character with 0 hit points, or one who has negative hit points but has become stable and conscious, is disabled.

A character who was dying but who has stopped losing hit points and still has negative hit points is stable. The character is no longer dying, but is still unconscious. If the character has become stable because of aid from another character (such as a Heal check or magical healing), then the character no longer loses hit points. He has a 10% chance each hour of becoming conscious and disabled (even though his hit points are still negative).

You skipped a step.

I guess while we are discussing I better ask some questions.

Black sand crumbles things at 0 hp, is that based only from the negitive energy or any damage?
For undead and other folk that like negitive energy, if they get healed by it ot 0 hp, do they still fall to pieces?
Does the effect require exactly 0 hp?

Probably should have asked these things before I started my run, but that is what I get for not rereading everything again.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-27, 08:33 PM
Firstly, good spot. You were right to bring that up. I will now roll his hourly " Become active " roll: [roll0] low 10 is the chance.

Second, on the Black Sand, I believe that the crumble effect is only related to the black sand damage (Since it comes right after the damage description). Fluffwise it also makes sense, that the corruption wears them down, not having a sword in your gut. Of course, if something is reduced to 0 or lower hp by the negative energy damage, they will be disintegrated as it says, becoming black sand.

Undead cannot be below 0 hp, they are destroyed on 0 hp. Creatures healed by negative energy that are not undead I would say are not destroyed by the black sand effect, as it implies death, not healing.

Sohala
2010-12-27, 10:11 PM
That is what I thought as well, but better safe than sorry.

And the type of darkness?

Cadian 9th
2010-12-27, 10:24 PM
It's not Darkness as the spell so I guess you can see through it with Darkvision. I see what you're doing, infinite healing so long as you can get to this room, right?

Sohala
2010-12-28, 12:06 AM
Something a little more drastic...

As the spell faded, Eldak's vision returned, and he moved to complete the rite.

Using the spikes on his mace, he made holes in the meaty parts of his arms and legs, inserting a grain of sand in each and waiting for them to seal up.

Finally he made a few shallow cuts and set some grains in his outer skin and hands, so that the darkness may be seen and felt by others.

"With the blood of Sertous in me...none shall stand before me." He said as he wiped his blood from his skin. Satisfied, he looks for the possessions of his foe.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-28, 02:57 AM
I have nothing to say, but: Well played.

Where to now? Back through or through the new door?

term1nally s1ck
2010-12-28, 03:02 AM
He has Armor on, Cadian. That counts as loot.

Also, the Evil characters always have the coolest tricks.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-28, 03:49 AM
Oops, yeah, I missed the loot action.

Wait, what? I'd put it as Breastplate, but it doesn't say...

Good characters have Words of Creation, Intuitive attack and... Prestige paladin... Evil, Elder Evil devotion, Faustian pacts, deformity feats, evil feats and Stuff like this.

term1nally s1ck
2010-12-28, 03:55 AM
I believe it's chainmail from his stats. Should make that explicit.

Sohala
2010-12-28, 10:16 AM
I just hope I play it well enough.

By the way, are you going to be the one keeping track of the xp, or are we both going to?

He secures the armor and the remaining sand in the corner (D5). He then exits the room the way he came in.

He traversed the hole he had fallen in and made his way back to the intersection. Before moving on he removed two sticks from his back, and with a flick of the wrists, he extend them both to 12ft. He then put the ends together to form a 20ft long pole. "That will be the last hole I fall in..."

Cadian 9th
2010-12-29, 06:44 PM
150xp, I'm new. :smallredface:

Which intersection, the one just outside the starting room, or the one that's a bit east of that? Bold where I described it, that's how I did it for my DM.

Sohala
2010-12-29, 07:09 PM
It is okay, this is my first run. :smallbiggrin:

That means I have to quote something....:smallsigh:

To the south, the hallway goes 30 feet south of your position. At 20 feet, the passage splits to the east. At 30 feet, the passage splits to the east and west.

To the east, the passage extends for 80 feet. 10 feet east of you, the passage splits to the north and south. 30 feet east of you, there is a door on the north wall of the hallway. 60 feet east of you, there is a split to the north and south. 80 feet east of you, there is a door on the east wall, and the hallway turns south.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-31, 02:12 AM
At that split, the passage goes north 20ft then turns east. The passage goes south 25ft and then turns west. There is a door 15ft away from the passage split on the east wall. Which way?

Sohala
2010-12-31, 10:51 AM
(Heading south)

With his large pole in hand, Eldak proceeds to imitate his weight on each square, along with running the end of the pole along each wall at floor level.

He does this with every square, to the full extent of the pole (20ft). After reaching 4 squares ahead of himself, he will search the one in front of him.

He makes his way to the door, checking the square after it and the door itself.

Floor
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Door
[roll4]

term1nally s1ck
2010-12-31, 10:55 AM
See, this is something I never understand. People go to huge lengths to use a pole in exciting and new (:smallsigh:) ways, despite the fact that they know any competent DM knows that many people use 10'+ poles.

Meanwhile, rolling a heavy object down a corridor, which is nigh-impossible to build traps for that have any serious effect without horrendous metagaming, is NEVER seen. A Barrel is only 2gp....

Sohala
2010-12-31, 11:41 AM
A barrel doesn't fit my character, while two sticks that look like snakes do.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-31, 07:05 PM
(Heading south)

With his large pole in hand, Eldak proceeds to imitate his weight on each square, along with running the end of the pole along each wall at floor level.

He does this with every square, to the full extent of the pole (20ft). After reaching 4 squares ahead of himself, he will search the one in front of him.

He makes his way to the door, checking the square after it and the door itself.

Floor
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Door
[roll4]

Could you clarify what you mean by floor level? Does that mean you're just touching where the floor meets the wet, grimy, blood splattered wall? Or are you actually touching the walls? How about the ceilings?

See, this is something I never understand. People go to huge lengths to use a pole in exciting and new (:smallsigh:) ways, despite the fact that they know any competent DM knows that many people use 10'+ poles.

Meanwhile, rolling a heavy object down a corridor, which is nigh-impossible to build traps for that have any serious effect without horrendous metagaming, is NEVER seen. A Barrel is only 2gp....

I thought about that, but the incredulity of 5 or 6 barrels melding into my Druid's wolf form kinda was a turn off. I stuck with sheer toughness and a longspear...

Sohala
2010-12-31, 07:21 PM
Basically the corner, to better find trip wires. So touching both the wall and floor at the same time.

Ceiling is being ignored as anything that would probably fall from there would be tripped by something near ground level, most likely.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-31, 07:24 PM
As you touch the wall within 5ft of the intersection, you trigger a dart trap.

DM Only:

Number of darts [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-12-31, 07:26 PM
A single dart flies at you, [roll0], dealing [roll1] damage.

Confirm if need be: [roll2] and an extra [roll3] damage. Could I please have a fortitude save, you can apply save bonuses against poison if you like.

Sohala
2010-12-31, 07:35 PM
Interesting, a trap not aimed at the trapped location.
Magic in nature, so I know for DR?

[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-12-31, 07:56 PM
Non-magical, it seems. Do you continue checking?

Also, nice Fort save. ^ ^ You'll see soon.
Heh heh heh.

Sohala
2010-12-31, 09:26 PM
[roll0]

Recover from the damage, no noticable effect, slugish thoughts, or perhaps feeling like the equipment is heavier? Anyways, carry on with stated method.

term1nally s1ck
2010-12-31, 10:50 PM
Cadian:
Those traps are if someone touches the upper half of the walls or ceiling, and I don't think they can target outside their square.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-03, 06:35 PM
TS:

Oh, ok. Shall I just leave it as it is or rewind?

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-03, 11:47 PM
Cadian:
Didn't affect him, so meh.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-04, 03:28 AM
Okay, now as you tap tap away on the floor just in the square below the intersection, the stone floor cracks and opens like a maw, blocks of masonry falling and splashing in murky water. Could you make me a spot check?

TS:

Okay. Let me know If I'm going to far, though, I don't want to be too extreme.

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-04, 09:49 AM
As long as you don't add anything with a mechanical effect, go nuts. I'll keep an eye on ya.

Sohala
2011-01-04, 10:33 AM
[roll0]

Eldak peers into the depths, glad that he was checking the floor.

Does retraining still cost gold, if so, assuming gold doesn't start raining from the heavens ceiling, can the cost be counted against stuff we sell at the end of a level.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-04, 06:29 PM
Now that's a failed spot check. You see nothing, in the murky waters. Do you wish to cross over the gap? There is a door, as I said, beyond this pit.

TS:

Ok, thanks. :smallamused:

Sohala
2011-01-04, 07:10 PM
Hmm...water of an unknown depth...in a hole.

Eldak stows his pole, and then draws out a piton and his rope. Tieing the piton to the end, lower it into the water until it hits the bottem.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-04, 07:26 PM
The rope hits something soft in the water, which looks about a foot, a foot and a half deep. The Piton has hit something soft at 1/2 a foot from the water's surface.

Sohala
2011-01-04, 08:00 PM
Drag the line from the left corner to the right.

If there is no depth change, stow the rope, pole back out and finish tapping the hall.

If there is depth change, stow rope and investigate.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-04, 08:05 PM
There's a depth change, about half a foot. How are you investigating?

Sohala
2011-01-04, 08:10 PM
Climb down, braced, taking 10. Once close enough, using weapon to sift through the water.

Guess I need a search check, [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-04, 08:11 PM
You find a dead, waterlogged, putrid dead body, parts of it crushed and mangled. As you touch it, it shifts slightly in the water.

Sohala
2011-01-04, 08:14 PM
Only an amount that I moved it?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-04, 08:17 PM
A little bit more. Most likely since it fell over. It doesn't make any noise or anything, by the way.

Sohala
2011-01-04, 08:21 PM
Even with as loot prone as I am...disease is not worth it.

Climb back out, on the north side. Go back to tapping.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-04, 08:22 PM
AWwwww. You sure? :smalltongue:

You do not trigger or detect any traps on the way to the door. The door awaits you, indentation serving as handle beckoning.

Sohala
2011-01-04, 08:26 PM
Stow pole, weapon at the ready, slide open the door.

I merely assume each door is an encounter...so Inti [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-04, 08:34 PM
Most of the time it is. Sometimes it isn't, though. How long ago would it have been when you rolled that fort save?

Opening the door reveals the following room:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_

1|||||

2|||||

3|||||

4||||B|H[/table]

There is a door at A-2, another at E-4, south side and another at E-3. There is a human wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.

Initiative:[roll0]

Sohala
2011-01-04, 08:52 PM
Hmm...knot, lower&move, climb, check, climb, check x4, search x 6. Roughly 15 rounds ago.

Breath a line of fire, hitting both.

[roll0]+1

Move to E3, avoiding threatened squares.

Sohala
2011-01-04, 09:00 PM
Oh right, Knowledge check, [roll0].

Cadian 9th
2011-01-04, 09:01 PM
Lucky you. You probably would've suffered if it was now 1 minute...

Are you including Knowledge Devotion?

Sohala
2011-01-04, 09:10 PM
Added.too short...

Cadian 9th
2011-01-05, 03:41 AM
The beast is something called a feral yowler. The human is, well, a human. Feral Yowlers are dangerous opponents that can cause a lot of damage in a short period of time, and their pestilence can severly impair adventurers.

That said, it disapears when you breathe fire at it. The Human grunts in pain and then 5ft steps back, casting a spell, sending a wave of colors at you. The spinning is accompanied by flashing rainbows and bright flashes, WILL SAVE PLEASE!

Sohala
2011-01-05, 08:13 AM
Um...a 5ft step to where? Left? Left and up? Or was one of the doors open? Defensive casting maybe?

I know it is part of the spell, but...I see no colors, or brightness.

AoO if I get one [roll0][roll1]

Will save [roll2]

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-05, 09:08 AM
Opening a door doesn't provoke, so I'd assume he steps outside.

Sohala
2011-01-05, 09:14 AM
Assuming usually gets me in trouble...and I don't see mention of a door opening. :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-05, 09:18 AM
(That was more aimed at Cadian, who I suspect didn't realise you had him pinned in the corner.)

Cadian 9th
2011-01-05, 06:21 PM
Hmm...knot, lower&move, climb, check, climb, check x4, search x 6. Roughly 15 rounds ago.

Breath a line of fire, hitting both.

[roll0]+1

Move to E3, avoiding threatened squares.

Ooops? Regardless, you pass the will save, let me sort out his movement first then it'll be your turn.

Sohala
2011-01-06, 01:19 AM
Ooops? Regardless, you pass the will save, let me sort out his movement first then it'll be your turn.
I was trying to avoid provoking an AoO from the beast or human, as if I went in the straightest path, while getting to E3, a threatened square.

If you like, I am okay with the door being opened, and him moving through.

Would you like me to roll again, or use the rolled attack?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-07, 10:31 PM
Ok, he goes through the door. It's now your normal turn. :smallsmile:

Sohala
2011-01-07, 10:43 PM
One miss coming up. Drats

Eldak followed his foes movements, and then attacked.

[roll0][roll1]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-07, 11:39 PM
Wow, hit and stagger. On his turn, he casts spray of colors on you, casting defensively [roll0], will save please.

Sohala
2011-01-07, 11:50 PM
Man, 16 damage and still kicking.

Will [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-08, 12:16 AM
After that act, he dies.

Nice rolls, by the way. 150 xp; chain shirt and longsword as loot. :D

Sohala
2011-01-08, 12:24 AM
The dice gods are pleased with me...I just fear the displeasure...

What passages do I see?

Leave gear alone for now.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-08, 06:40 PM
You came in through A2's door... So it's just the following:

You can't see anything from the doorway, since the door frame blocks your LOS.

Sohala
2011-01-08, 06:54 PM
Eldak stops staring at the distracting door frame and gives the room a once over.

[roll0]

He then walk back to the doorway, and then peeks around the door frame.

(Presently standing at E4)

Cadian 9th
2011-01-08, 06:59 PM
You spot nothing...

Just outside the door is a red and white Bullseye. Do you proceed? Step on it? Or Step around it?

Sohala
2011-01-08, 07:03 PM
Hmm...Is Mr mage's body on the bull's eye or is that beyond him?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-08, 07:08 PM
Mage's body is crumpled to the side of the Bull's eye. Fate lead him to fall on one side... His bottom side is burnt.

Sohala
2011-01-08, 07:15 PM
Assuming he can, Eldak with grab the mage's body, converting it to black sand, and getting it out of the way.

He will then look over the bulls eye.

(Take 20 Search, for 26)

Cadian 9th
2011-01-08, 07:21 PM
Unfortunately, you do not have trapfinding... How do you look over the bull's eye?

Sohala
2011-01-08, 07:29 PM
(Oh...right...never mind then, I'll be back for it...when I level up. :smallbiggrin:)

Shaking his head in disgust, Eldak returns to the door he entered through just moments ago, and then continued on his way.

(Pole out, tapping up to four ahead before searching anything.

In front of door, and one beyond prechecked, so...start tapping at the turn.

Two westward searches
[roll0]
[roll1])

At the intersection, he glances both ways and realizes he has made a circle, but to be thorough, he checks the passage leading to the hall he has already taken, and then turns back around to head the other way.

(
Three northward searches
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Two southward searches
[roll5]
[roll6]

End at

At 30 feet, the passage splits to the east and west.)

Cadian 9th
2011-01-08, 07:46 PM
You find no traps but when you tap search the square just before the southern intersection a splash of acid comes out of nowhere! [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Really, these traps are useless. I've gotta see TS about making them nastier.

EDIT: Ok.

Sohala
2011-01-08, 07:53 PM
The acid lands on one of Eldak's arms and burns away a section of flesh, the stench is almost unbearable, but soon enough, the wound has healed itself, leaving not a mark. Satisfied with himself, he continues on.

(Healing
[roll0]
[roll1]

Did mr mage happen to have a spell component pouch by chance?)

Cadian 9th
2011-01-10, 09:14 PM
Okay, as you heal the damage, could you make me a Heal check?

Coming down the corridor, you arive in a passage that runs east and west. East, the passage runs 40 ft (The passages are 5ft wide, all my distances are given by the distance starting from just next to your square.) Then goes north. At 35ft, you spot the door of E4 from the last room. Spot check if you like.

West, the passage goes 10ft and then turns south.

Sohala
2011-01-10, 09:47 PM
:smallconfused:A heal check...fine.:smallwink:
[roll0]

Spot check [roll1]

Best to do a total check...head east, tapping and searching (You know what...searching is not going to help without trapfinding...just take 10 for hallways/rooms/doors). Stop short of the bulls eye. Head west, still tapping, peek around the southward corner.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-10, 10:00 PM
Your wounds look ordinary for acid splash wounds. :smallwink:

You spot a red and white bullseye on the eastern direction. It's the one outside the door of E4.

You find no traps. To be honest with you Sohala, you don't have Trapfinding and the only ones that you can avoid are pit traps, which doesn't matter if you search for it, since poles trigger pit traps.

_______
|YY| X |
|_Y|__|
|YY|
|__|__
|YY|
|__|__

You are the X. The passage is 15 ft long from top to bottom, and goes 10ft south if you were at Y then turns east.

Sohala
2011-01-10, 10:12 PM
You find no traps. To be honest with you Sohala, you don't have Trapfinding and the only ones that you can avoid are pit traps, which doesn't matter if you search for it, since poles trigger pit traps.
Taking 10 isn't for traps, that is for everything else. Allow, don't forget trip wires, I am trying to get those as well. :smallbiggrin:

On ward I suppose. Move to the middle of the passage and then peek again.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-10, 10:51 PM
Including the square just in front of you, the passageway goes east as far as you can see with your darkvision and seems to go further. You spot nothing out of the ordinary except for walls, ceilings and floors.

There's a good way to find trip wires. It involves walking into them and getting tripped :smallbiggrin:

Sohala
2011-01-10, 11:04 PM
Double checking, the southern most corner of the 15ft length is counting against my vision range? Eh, just give me a length when I have viewed it all. :smallbiggrin:

Continue down the passage, tap checking as I go.

Would you classify soulmelds as special abilities (monk ac for example), or in the same "void" as spells and spell casting?

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-11, 03:57 AM
Are they tagged as Su or Ex?

Why are you asking, anyway?

Sohala
2011-01-11, 12:14 PM
No tag at all.

I misread the fine print of dragonscale husk, making it both better and worse at the same time.

First, its bonus to AC is untyped, freeing up my armor bonus for spells or equipment, thats the better part.

Second, its doesn't stack with any feat, racial trait, or other special ability that would grant a bonus to your armor class, which is the bad.

I had first read the class feature as taking up the spot of armor and/or the armor bonus, and then blocking any bonus to that from say mage armor. Now it appears to block racial NA, dwarf dodging and all that stuff.

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-11, 01:57 PM

*headdesk*

3.5 and wording. I hate life.

I'll make a ruling in a bit....for now, assume they'd stack.

Sohala
2011-01-11, 06:46 PM
Eh, no real rush on the ruling, I still need 700xp and a rest break for it to become important.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-11, 08:33 PM
Double checking, the southern most corner of the 15ft length is counting against my vision range? Eh, just give me a length when I have viewed it all. :smallbiggrin:

Continue down the passage, tap checking as I go.

Would you classify soulmelds as special abilities (monk ac for example), or in the same "void" as spells and spell casting?

Dragonscale husk is pretty weak. You might want to retrain it by next level...

Regardless, the Passage is a massive 150ft long, and you trigger the following Starting from the corner square:

An Acid Splash Trap [roll0] for [roll1] 10ft in.

A pit trap reflex DC 15 or [roll2] damage 35 ft in.

Another Acid Splash Trap [roll3] for [roll4] 50ft in.

There's a door, 65 ft in.

You trigger another pit trap, 95 ft in, reflex DC 15 or [roll5] damage.

135 ft in you trigger yet another pit trap reflex DC 15 or [roll6] damage.

At 150ft, the Passage turns north, do you go up there, (20ft)?

TS

You know, none of these are going to do anything to him. When do the Ability damage ones start kicking in... :smallsigh:

Sohala
2011-01-11, 08:42 PM
You might be surprised...I have plans that complement it nicely. Not to mention that anything that could be enchanted onto armor can be tossed on a shirt for the same effect.

I avoid all the pit falls, right?

There's a door, 65 ft in.

North or south?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-11, 08:52 PM
Yes, but your shirt would be an item that improves your armor class. :smallsmile: I'm just saying the check penalty is pretty big, and that you can do better, frankly. We'll see.

Yes, of course. :smallsigh: This dungeon is too easy for you outside of combat. Genius with the Black sand. I've always thought that kind of stuff isn't going to work, but so it does. Well done :smallbiggrin:

Sohala
2011-01-11, 09:06 PM
Dragonscale husk stacks with armor bonuses to AC, just not from feats, racial traits, or other special abilitys. Equipment wouldn't be a special ability would it? :smalltongue:

BTW, I shifted the AC bonus from the husk to the misc section, where it should have been, RAW.

"There sure is quite a few holes and a bit of acid in this place..." Having skipped the door in favor of seeing what was around the corner first, Eldak peeks northward.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-11, 09:16 PM
The door is on the corridor, which runs east/west...

So you go up the north corridor at the end of the 150ft passageway?

Sohala
2011-01-11, 09:22 PM
Oh...it is a hallway door...didn't think of that.

Yes yes, peek around the 150ft passageway's east most corner.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-11, 09:43 PM
It goes north 20ft and then turns west. The passage is 25ft long.

Sohala
2011-01-11, 09:54 PM
Hmm...passed a door and this a rather long passage, getting a little on edge...

Tap check the peeked passage, then swap to weapon/shield before peeking towards the west.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-11, 09:56 PM
You Find no traps/trigger none. The passage way heads north 20ft as you know, then goes west 30ft, then turns south. You spot a decomposed body at 15ft as you travel west. What do you do?

Sohala
2011-01-11, 10:08 PM
Gah! Lack of actual trap checking, might as well risk it...sigh

Again, tap check down the hallway, to the body. Swap to weapons before moving towards it. Nudge the corpse, if no response, bump an arm away from the body and hit the arm with weapon. Assuming nothing happens from that...do a basic search using only my weapon to touch the body. (take 10 for a 16)

Cadian 9th
2011-01-11, 10:11 PM
It's the corpse of a halfling girl, wearing straps of leather and tattered clothing rent by a large weapon. She looks very young, half decayed as she is. You do not find anything on her.

Her arm falls off when you poke it. Fort save please for searching. :smallamused:

Sohala
2011-01-11, 10:18 PM
Large weapon...sounds promising.

[roll0]

Sohala
2011-01-11, 10:21 PM
Eldak ponders the meaning of the girl for a few moment, before deciding to move on.

Back to tap checking, and then peek after drawing weapons. Probably best to change my checking tactics to include drawing weapon and shield before peeking.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-11, 10:22 PM
Passed. I meant large weapon as in " Not a shortsword. "

You're not a coroner nor an autopsist, so I can't tell you what weapon did this. :smallbiggrin:

Continue on your way?

Sohala
2011-01-11, 10:28 PM
:smallwink:

:smallsigh:

Why of course.

Sohala
2011-01-12, 08:52 PM
Started messing with 6-10, so...more questions.

Does disabling a trap grant XP?

PG 53 of CC has rough equivalents of what domains could be swapped for domain feats. Even though Oracle is listed as Luck, it just doesn't seem like a total fit. Do you think Knowledge would be a viable trade for Oracle as well?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-12, 09:16 PM
Continuing on your way, passage heads south 10ft, then east 30ft then turns north. You trigger a pit trap at 5ft. You also trigger an acid splash trap, which does nothing to you becuase you'll regen it back no matter what (20ft on the east passage).

No, I don't think so.

Why not just take the Knowledge Domain? It grants you the class skills.

You know that, right? The cleric skills section says " A cleric who selects knowledge as a domain gains all knowledge skills as class skills. " so if you select the domain and then trade it for devotion you still get the class skills.

Sohala
2011-01-12, 09:25 PM
Um...east? *Reviews past directions* You sure? I looks like the passage wouldn't have enough room without going down.

Well, either way, standard actions, swap to weapons and then peek.

Aw...and here I was hoping for something extra.

Divine Oracle doesn't give the option.

Doesn't work that way, when you trade your domain, you lose the domain power, and access to the domain spell list.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-12, 09:31 PM
West, I meant. THE OTHER EAST! :smallbiggrin:

Oh, I suppose. Go for it. Oracle =/= luck, wtf. It's the opposite of luck, IMO.

EDIT: Passage goes north 10ft, turns east for 5ft to face a door.

Sohala
2011-01-12, 09:40 PM
Ah, the hip new east, forgot about that one.

I totally agree.

Finding another door, Eldak prepares for another challenge, growing weary of all the traps. (weapons out)

Inti if needed [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-12, 10:21 PM
Yeah, of course. You know what I meant :smallbiggrin:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_

1||1|1|1|

2||1|1|1|

3||1|1|1|

4|||||

5||||| [/table]

There is a door at B5, and another at B1. There is a huge, majestic Red Adult dragon sitting on a treasure hoard. As you open the door, the Dragon opens its eyes and roars a roar of anger and lurches to attack...

Your go.

Sohala
2011-01-12, 11:05 PM
Um...crap? Well...he does think nothing is going to stand in his way :smallsigh: head strong evil characters.

Eldak closes the door, and then stands ready to close it again.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-12, 11:13 PM
You sure? You won initiative, man, it's a Dragon

By the way:I'm kidding. :smallbiggrin:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_

1|||||

2|||||

3||||1|

4|||||

5||||| [/table]

There is a door at B5, and another at B1. There is an orc in the middle of the room. It holds a Ripper and wears a chainmail, as well as a pair of goggles.

Sohala
2011-01-12, 11:31 PM
Knowledge [roll0]

Eldak breaths a line of fire at the orc, then closes the door. (I don't trust you!)

[roll1]+2

Cadian 9th
2011-01-12, 11:37 PM
Haha, my work here is done :smallcool:

Reflex save: [roll0]

DM Only:

Swift: Stance of Clarity on Eldak.
Move: Move to A1.
Standard: Ready action: Move when attacked in anyway.
Free: Laugh.

You hear gultural laughter just as you close the door.

Sohala
2011-01-12, 11:54 PM
I was leaning towards an illusion... Well the orc isn't totally stupid.

Eldak opens the door, brandishes his weapon, but doesn't othewise move.

Readied action to take a 5ft step back, and then breath fire, if attacked.

[roll0]

Sohala
2011-01-13, 01:47 PM
Can a weapon's damage type be changed for this?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 06:16 PM
On his turn, he moves up to your face, and readies an action.

DM Only:

Steely STRIKE if anything happens.

Your turn.

Sohala
2011-01-13, 06:32 PM
Well no charge at least. :smallbiggrin:

Having his opponent present such a wonderful target, Eldak can't resist, he tries to smash the orc's face in.

[roll0][roll1]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 06:44 PM
In addition to missing, you trigger his attack. " STEELY STRIKE " He roars, attacking you [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Sohala
2011-01-13, 06:48 PM
A 17 doesn't hit?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 06:57 PM
No it doesn't. Are you dead?

Sohala
2011-01-13, 07:04 PM
Nah, sitting happy at -1, just double checking, steely strike and all. :smallwink:

Healing [roll0]

Move action to close the door.

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-13, 07:12 PM
A) Steely strike doesn't redice your AC against the guy you attacked.
B) A 17 woulda missed anyway.
C) Nice damage roll, Cadian :smallbiggrin:

Sohala
2011-01-13, 07:12 PM
OH! "other"...I'll just sit over here in this corner.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 07:18 PM
Nah, sitting happy at -1, just double checking, steely strike and all. :smallwink:

Healing [roll0]

Move action to close the door.

His attack was on your turn. Now it's his actual turn. So you are not healed yet, after this turn, you will be.

Stabsy, going for the kill

He roars his anger and hits you full force. [roll0] for [roll1]
Move: Close the door. Did you die?

DM Only

Recover Steely Strike.

Thanks TS :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-13, 07:21 PM
Actually, Cadian, he has a move action before his turn ends. Doesn't matter as the orc can just open the door again, and appears to smite him painfully..but best to keep track of the actions.

Sohala
2011-01-13, 07:23 PM
I thought it was at the end of my turn...

BTW, you hit the door for quite a bit of damage there. :smallbiggrin:

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 07:27 PM
Oh yeah it is. So you heal, then close the door. He opens the door, and then hits you (I presume).

Does that hit your AC?

Sohala
2011-01-13, 07:37 PM
Yup a hit, my AC seem too low for this...hmm...sitting at -7.

Swift action, move 1 Essentia from astral to rage, DR 2/magic now, die at -13.
Move action pull out wand.

Ready action
5ft step back and then breath fire if attacked.

Healing [roll0]

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-13, 07:39 PM
ACs fine, he's just rolling like a bawss.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 07:57 PM
Heh.

His turn: Readies an action.

Steely Strike if Eldak moves or attacks.

Your turn. :smallbiggrin:

Sohala
2011-01-13, 08:02 PM
Ready action
5ft step back and then breath fire if attacked.

Healing [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 08:05 PM
His turn.

" I've trained in concentration for longer, methinks. This staring match is mine. " he says, before smashing you with a " STEELY STRIKE! "

[roll0] for [roll1] damage.

You know he's got a reach weapon, right?

Sohala
2011-01-13, 08:09 PM
Miss.

5ft back, breath fire, [roll0].

Is it printed in any other book than planar handbook?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 08:17 PM
What is?

His turn, Ready Action:

DM Only:

Standard attack then 5ft step if Eldak does anything.

Damage taken. Your turn.

Sohala
2011-01-13, 08:20 PM
The ripper.

I don't get my turn? I didn't add anything in case it wanted to do a move action.

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-13, 08:22 PM
...It's reach? I didn't know this.. :smallconfused:

And Sohala, your readied action changed your initiative. You actually get a whole turn before his next turn if your readied action is triggered during his turn.

Sohala
2011-01-13, 08:34 PM
If we are using the one out of planar handbook, it has no reach. (I went shopping for weapons today. :smallbiggrin:)

Still recouping...so...

Ready action
5ft and then breath fire, if attacked.

Healing [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 08:41 PM
Oops. I was confusing it with Great spear... Sorry guys.

So... No steely strike, since you move before he attacks. This is complicated. Ok, so Sohala, your turn. You do the above. It is now his turn, right?

Readies Action: DM Only:

5ft step and Standard Attack (recover manuevers) if Eldak moves, attacks, or pretends to attack in any way. :smallamused:

Your turn again.

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-13, 08:44 PM
DM only: He dodged the attack with the 5' step, but it's still counted as expended. Welcome to the world of readied actions and combat tactics. My one and only foray into the arena resulted in my opponent ragequitting for this exact reason.

Sohala
2011-01-13, 08:48 PM
HP is getting there.

Ready action
5ft and then breath fire, if attacked.

Healing [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 08:54 PM
Stabsy gets annoyed moves 4 squares away (So 25ft away), draws a javelin and throws it at you. [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Then he still has the Ripper.

EDIT: Your turn

Sohala
2011-01-13, 09:02 PM
5ft step, breath a 30ft line, [roll0]

My turn...has ranged...more fire!

Move inside the room (still confused where I'm entering from), breath a line of fire.

[roll1]

Sohala
2011-01-13, 09:03 PM
Oh, forgot healing, [roll0].

Sohala
2011-01-13, 09:05 PM
:smallconfused: One more time...[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 09:06 PM
And you drop him...

Good job.

Loot: Ripper, 52 Javelins and Chainmail armor. EDIT: And Sundark Goggles.

XP: 150!

Sohala
2011-01-13, 09:22 PM
He hits hard...I think I have an idea for him. :smallamused:

Eldak is somewhat pissed...he makes sure the orc is nice and dead by breathing a little more fire at the corpse, but leaving it intact.

Letting the power of his god course through him, Eldaks wounds slowly close.

Shift Essentia back to astral, 4/magic, die at -10.

Check the south door, as stated, long tunnel right?

Realizing the dead end, he resigns to the north door. Slide it open, weapons at the ready.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 10:58 PM
Outside the northern door you are standing in the middle of passageway that runs 25ft across (east to west). To the west of you, 15ft, then turns south.

To the east of you 0ft the passage goes north, going for 10ft, meeting an intersection (east/west) then on for another 10ft after that 5ft intersection to turn east. Do you go up this north or do you go for south on the other passage?

Sohala
2011-01-13, 11:27 PM
Well, with stick out, tap the whole 25ft, then draw weapons and peek south.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 11:44 PM
It goes south for 25 ft (Including the square just west of you) and there is a door 10ft down from your square. It's a room you've already been in, the one which had the Mage in it. The corridor turns west at the end.

Sohala
2011-01-13, 11:59 PM
Best to check everything.

Tap check the southward passage, do not touch the bulls eye. Back track up the passage to the west/east passage, and then peek to the north.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-14, 03:26 AM
You find nothing in that corridor but the Mage's body lying crumpled next to the bullseye.

Then, you go back to your start and go north, up to the intersection (Goes all the way west to the starting room. You go east, right...

At 10ft east is another corridor heading north. This corridor travels north 20ft ending in a corner. The corner has a door on it's north side and a corridor off it, west.

East 20ft the corridor turns south. There's a door on the eastern side of that corner square.

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-14, 05:47 AM
A idea for...why does everyone make stabsy into undead? :smallfrown:

Sohala
2011-01-14, 09:52 AM
You got to have a nice base creature to have good minions, and he seemed to pack a punch. :smallbiggrin:

No...we shall not be going east, because that is the way you are suggesting...

Eldak moves west back down the corridor, traversing the pit once more, and then heads north up the passage, tapping as he goes, and then peeks around the corner.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-14, 06:37 PM
DM Only:

[roll0]

West, you make your way to the starting room, Then take the north way. North, 20ft, Then east 10ft then north again 10ft. This takes you into a long west-east corridor. The passage goes west 30ft. It turns north at 20ft . It turns north again at 30ft. It goes east 50ft. At 20ft it turns north, at 30ft there's a door into the Black sand filled room. At 50ft there's a door on the north side of that square before it turns south. You've found no traps yet nor triggered any.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-14, 06:38 PM
DM Only:

[roll0]

You also found 2000 cp on Stabsy's corpse. In addition to the crapton of javelins.

EDIT:
TS
Yeah, who would make Stabsy undead? Eh? *Nurses grudge*

Sohala
2011-01-14, 06:58 PM
So many choices...best to stick with the plan...

Tap check my way westward, peeking around the corner at 20ft, and then, if nothing jumps out to attack me or such, move onto the 30ft passage, and peek again.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-14, 07:31 PM
the 20ft corridor travels north 20ft then turns east.

The 30ft corridor travels north 30ft then turns east.

Did you pick up stuff on Stabsy? I.e. 52 Javelins and 2000 cp as well as Chainmail, sundark goggles and a ripper?

Sohala
2011-01-14, 07:42 PM
Hmm, synchronized passages.

Tap check my way up the 30ft long passage, and then peek.

Can't carry much more, so sadly no. Scratch that...I always look at light load for some reason...I could be carrying stuff, but Eldak doesn't want to burden himself with presently unneeded supplies. He figures if he REALLY needs something, he can come back for it.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 12:41 AM
Sorry it took me so long to reply, just missed this thread I guess.

Passage travels east 20ft then turns south.

Sohala
2011-01-18, 12:46 AM
It happens.

Continue my tapping down the passage, and then peek around the corner.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 12:50 AM
Thanks

Passage travels south 10ft then turns west. There's a door on the eastern side of that corner. :smallsmile:

Sohala
2011-01-18, 01:01 AM
It would appear you are eager for me to open this door...but I see no reason to delay it, well not delay it much.

Eldak sees a pattern with the passages, opting to skip the door for a moment while he clears the passage.

Tap check the west passage, and then the following south one. After clearing them, return to the door, draw weapons, and slide it open.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 01:25 AM
Passage, as you know travels 10ft west then travels south 20ft. You end up in the same corridor as you went to the 30ft stretch.

You are attacked by an Acid Splash trap. I'm not going to bother rolling :smalltongue:

Returning to the door, you open it and...

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_

1||||||

2||||||

3||||1||

4||||||[/table]

There are doors at A3 and F4 south.

In the room is a gray wrinkled humanoid, crawling low with claws extending from it's hands. Fortitude save please.

Initiative: [roll0]

Sohala
2011-01-18, 01:30 AM
Fort [roll0] (is it odor based?)
Inti [roll1]
Knowledge [roll2]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 01:47 AM
You failed the fortitude save! A sense of dread and faintness swells over you...

You go first.

Sohala
2011-01-18, 01:50 AM
I don't ID it? :smalleek:

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 01:59 AM
Lashemoi Ushemoi.

It gets stronger the more you hurt it. Ponder that. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, it was an Inhaled effect. I'll keep track of the penalty.

Sohala
2011-01-18, 02:02 AM
:smalleek:

Eldak breaths a line of fire at his foe and then quickly closes the door.

[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 02:12 AM
You breathe fire, it reflexes [roll0]/

After you close the door, It slams against it, roaring in anger and rage. The door bends with each blow, until it buckles open, revealing a snarling whirlwind of rage!

I told you not to damage it...

Sohala
2011-01-18, 02:19 AM
You didn't tell me not to damage it...you just said it got stronger. :smallbiggrin:
Though it getting more than one attack after a move...may be a problem.

Breath fire again. [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 02:22 AM
:smallwink:

Reflex [roll0]. You know, the Doors still there, just dented and forced open.

Impossibly, it gets even ANGRIER " RAWR! " It screams, blood starting to pour from its nostrils in huge rage!

Sohala
2011-01-18, 02:27 AM
By forced open, do you mean unclosable? I merely assumed it destroyed it.

If not, with the remaining move action, close it again.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 02:37 AM
Sure, you close it again.

Rage burning it up, it batters the door in it's anger to get at you, extending a viscous claw with all veins sticking up as you hear freaking scary roaring.

It's claw attacks you [roll0] for [roll1]

It then, in it's rage, stumbles to the side, 5ft step to the side of the door.

ROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR

Sohala
2011-01-18, 02:41 AM
Hit, at 11.

It would appear it no longer likes the door...its good reflex saves are not helpping either...time to try and smash!

Eldak follows his foe, his weapon leading the way.

[roll0][roll1]

Healing [roll2]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 02:43 AM
Miss.

Up close, you can see the eyes popping in an incredible rage, nosebleed notwithstanding, the Roaring alone is enough to burn your ears with pure anger and rage!

It rakes you with two hate fuelled strokes!

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

EDIT: Dinner, be back soon.

Sohala
2011-01-18, 02:46 AM
Both hit, but only lowers me to 9.

Lets try this again...

[roll0][roll1]

Healing [roll2]

Sleep time for me sadly.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 03:12 AM
Miss.

It's rage slightly dying down, since his nose has broken completely, splattering you with blood, it strikes you again with two sharp, filthy claws!

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

It then steps to be 10ft away from the door, B3. Your turn. 'night.

Sohala
2011-01-18, 09:45 AM
First one hits, at 10.

And that one had good damage. :smallsigh:

Follow after it and attack again.

[roll0][roll1]

Healing [roll2]

Edit: Are monsters in here basically out of the book, minus equipment of course, or are a few tweaked?

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-18, 09:58 AM
Some are tweaked, some are out of the book. This one is straight from a book, I believe.

Sohala
2011-01-18, 11:19 AM
Hmm, guess it gained darkvision some how. Oh well, nothing to worry about I guess, at least not right now.

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-18, 12:21 PM
Oh, that might be my bad. This room contains torches on the walls, lighting it.

I'm not sure if that's written into the notes or not...:smallredface:

Sohala
2011-01-18, 12:34 PM
Torches don't help vs my defense. :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-18, 12:37 PM
*Hasn't read your char*

Sohala
2011-01-18, 12:42 PM
I have a 20ft radius globe of darkness around me, darkvison goes through, but light under the power of a sunburst spell doesn't come through.:smallcool:

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-18, 02:54 PM
Ah. That's the black sand, I assume?

So...your body has been surgically modified to have hugely increased healing abilties, and to be shrouded in darkness at all times?

Me. Like.

Sohala
2011-01-18, 05:37 PM
Yup, its awesome like that.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 06:05 PM
Wait.

WHAT?

Sohala
2011-01-18, 06:13 PM
The sand that I inscribed onto my flesh, not the ones I made holes to the bone and inserted, but the ones that I made scratches on the upper layers, holding a piece on their until it healed, leaving me with a constant field of darkness around me, unless I cover it up.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-18, 06:17 PM
The sand that I inscribed onto my flesh, not the ones I made holes to the bone and inserted, but the ones that I made scratches on the upper layers, holding a piece on their until it healed, leaving me with a constant field of darkness around me, unless I cover it up.

This is what I miss by just only ever turning to the classes, feats and PrCs and spells sections of a book.

So.

This guy has darjvision. I think...

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-18, 06:30 PM
Not afaik...just Low-Light vision.

And yeah, I'll be using THIS stuff. Wow.

Sohala
2011-01-18, 07:47 PM
We can say he has darkvision...that way combat doesn't have to change.

And yeah, I'll be using THIS stuff. Wow.
As a challenge or a character concept?

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-18, 07:58 PM
The next thing I make that can use it. :smalltongue:

In fact, possibly the next several things...

Sohala
2011-01-19, 08:14 PM
Hey Cadian, how far have you cleared so far?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-19, 08:16 PM
I haven't started on Floor 2 yet. Waiting to see if I could use adamantine body without losing Shapeshift, but nooooo.

EDIT: Oh, on floor 1 before I got promoted :smallsmile: I have done more than you have done. A lot more.

Making a Zealot, by the way. Protoss.

We'll say this guy has DV.

Sohala
2011-01-19, 08:28 PM
First one hits, at 10.

And that one had good damage. :smallsigh:

Follow after it and attack again.

(1d20+4)[16](1d8+4)[7]

Healing (1d4)[4]

Edit: Are monsters in here basically out of the book, minus equipment of course, or are a few tweaked?

Last action btw.

Isn't there an wooden armor feat?

IDK what this guy is actually going to look like...divine champion and "dragonish" are big parts of what he is planned to take though.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-19, 09:06 PM
He roars in FURIOUS PAIN and anger, lashing out in rage!

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

I bet you're lamenting the fort save failure now... :smallamused:

Sohala
2011-01-19, 09:25 PM
No hit, at 12.

Well smash worked...lets try it again.

[roll0][roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-19, 09:51 PM
Cadian, remember the miss chance. Probably doesn't matter for the rest of this encounter, but...

Cadian 9th
2011-01-19, 10:41 PM
You hit it and deal damage!

It ROOOOOOOOOOOAAARS in anger and slices you with it's filthy claws...

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

The thing 5ft steps back.

@TS, will do. I thought it was just healing, to be honest. And TECHNICALLY, it's a cylinder that goes upwards above the area of black sand. So...

Sohala
2011-01-19, 11:03 PM
Hmm...it does state only up...but what is up to a grain of sand?

Crit confirm the second, or should I go on? I know I am just asking for more damage...

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-19, 11:22 PM
I'm probably gonna rule that it's not possible to organise an effect like that to cover you in concealment via surgery, having read the effect.

However, the visual effect is that you're emitting darkness into the atmosphere.

Sohala
2011-01-19, 11:30 PM
Aw...but if the grain of sand gets turned...its up changes. Hmm...maybe I can put them on my boots or something, then its 20ft up from the ground.

Probably not going to be a huge deal, was just hoping for a tiny bit more mileage.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-19, 11:36 PM
I forgot ^.^

Confirm [roll0] extra damage [roll1]

Darn.

EDIT: Up is the opposite of down and down is defined by gravity.

Sohala
2011-01-19, 11:39 PM
No confirm, at 11.

Pesky movement...5ft step after the little raging thing.

One more time, and with feeling...I hope.

[roll0][roll1]

Healing [roll2]

Dam it all to hell, or the abyss if you prefer.

Edit: Boot rinestones it is. :smallbiggrin:

Cadian 9th
2011-01-20, 12:08 AM
One of it's eyes pop out, it's so angry with you. Blood spurts at you! MAKE A WILL SAVE! :furious:

He ROARS at you and Stabs you. [roll0] for [roll1] angrier, still, he Backhands you across the face with his filthy claw! [roll2] for [roll3]

Then he stumbles back, fuming with so much rage there is blood pouring from his ears! :smallfurious:

Sohala
2011-01-20, 12:20 AM
What a lil rageaholic.

Will [roll0]

Hit, down to 11.

Follow after the foe, and attempt to smack him yet again...

[roll1][roll2]

Healing [roll3]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-20, 12:29 AM
You miss him for 0 damage!

ROARRRRRRR he shouts, so angry that a few of his blood vessels burst and start dripping blood onto the floor. RAOAOAOOAOAOARRRRR :furious:

He LUNGES at you, SCREAMING in ANGER! [roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3] :smallfurious:

And he steps to your other side. Your turn.

Sohala
2011-01-20, 12:33 AM
First hits, at 11.

Follow after if needed.

Smash...

[roll0][roll1]

...the air...

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-20, 12:39 AM
How much do you heal each turn? Cos I'm counting 1 healing and 5 damage for 2 turns, and yet you seem to be on the same hp each turn..

Sohala
2011-01-20, 12:57 AM
DR 4/magic

And thanks for reminding me, spaced I guess.

Healing [roll0]

term1nally s1ck
2011-01-20, 01:02 AM
Ahh, that makes sense. Nice char. Weaker to anything that doesn't use weapons, but not exactly weak even then...

Cadian 9th
2011-01-20, 01:26 AM
At this rate, I'll run out of ways to describe his rage!

ROOOOOAOOOAAA - He cuts off, with a cough. " Whom do you serve? " He whimpers. " Who grants you such power? "

Sohala
2011-01-20, 01:31 AM
"The great Sertous bestowed these gifts, worm."

Cadian 9th
2011-01-20, 01:44 AM
" Sertous? " He says. Closing his eyes, he shouts. " SERTOUS! " Then, he's putting his eyeball back in its socket.

He then moves to the door at D6, and opens it. " I feel the evil's blessing return! " He says, excited.

" Come with me, fellow Worshipper. I want to show you a monument to his name! " Says the creature, red gleam in its eyes.

Sertous, in a rare moment of interest, tells you that the creature is a servant of his.

Sohala
2011-01-20, 01:54 AM
I don't know if I like where this is going or not...hmm. Well at least I know deities can pierce NED.

Trusting in his god, but not his location, Eldak keeps his weapons at the ready, and cautiously followed after. "Lead on."

Cadian 9th
2011-01-20, 02:07 AM
Lead you on he does.

15ft south, then 30ft east. You pass a door 10ft east and then your ally opens the door on the north side of the 6th square. Moving into a room:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_

1||||

2||C|C|

3||C|C|

4||C|C|

5||||[/table]

The room contains a large chest with a note attached to it’s latch. There are doors at C5, D2 and D1 north.

" See, inside. A relic from the time where Sertous walked the earth! " He says, swinging open the chest.

There are 6, tarnished metal discs with snakelike designs on them. He passes one to you. " Sertous told me that true follower of him would be fine if they handled these relics; Any enemy of his would be incinerated at a touch... "

Sohala
2011-01-20, 02:31 AM
Knowledge check [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-20, 03:09 AM
Sertous indeed touched coins. Legend circulates that these coins would burn non-believers... This was the downfall of many an angelic infiltrator during the war against Sertous.

Sohala
2011-01-20, 01:24 PM
:smallconfused: So...are they like quarter size disks, or large disks?

"Most impressive..." Eldak replied as he accepted the disk. He then looks it over.

Take 20 on relevant skill.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-20, 06:20 PM
The size of normal platinum coins.

The one you look at has a snarling snake, with arms, and armor. It is tarnished but glows slightly, reflecting the torchlight.

It's not trapped, so far as you can tell?