PDA

View Full Version : Weird Laptop Thing

Ecalsneerg
2010-12-26, 01:18 PM
From beyond the black lagoon!!! *ahem*

Anyway, I've found on my new laptop, that when I have a key held down on the keyboard, no matter how furiously I wiggle the trackpad, the pointer refuses to move. Which makes playing Morrowind a pain, it must be said.

I have no idea how to fix this, or if it's indeed fixable. If it matters, the laptop is Windows 7.

fimzo
2010-12-26, 01:42 PM
I have no idea why it does that or how to fix the problem itself, but here's my advice for playing Morrowind with that: Does it do it for all the keys, or just some? If you can find the right 4 keys that do work, you can change the controls to those, if that's easier. By the way, how well does Morrowind work on Windows 7? It's terrible on my Vista laptop, but works fine on my crappy XP.

Ecalsneerg
2010-12-26, 02:07 PM
I have no idea why it does that or how to fix the problem itself, but here's my advice for playing Morrowind with that: Does it do it for all the keys, or just some? If you can find the right 4 keys that do work, you can change the controls to those, if that's easier. By the way, how well does Morrowind work on Windows 7? It's terrible on my Vista laptop, but works fine on my crappy XP.

It's actually working pretty well, that issue aside. I've come across no issues yet, although I've not installed Tribunal or Bloodmoon, nor have I added any mods yet.

Ecalsneerg
2010-12-26, 02:19 PM
Ok, found out how this works. The issue is that apparently you can't turn off this feature, ever. :smallconfused:

However, what I did do, was go into the trackpad settings, and turn the sensitivity to the point where it'd only not work if I pressed hard on the very edges of the pad, i.e. right to the left of the slider.