PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Corpsecrafter and The Dead Walk

Doresain
2010-12-26, 04:03 PM
Do Corpsecrafter feats work with the warlock invocation The Dead Walk?

Kuma Kode
2010-12-26, 04:26 PM
Would I let it? Yes.

Does it by RAW? No.

Corpsecrafter states that it applies to any undead you create through use of a necromancy spell. Invocations are not spells.

This also means Corpsecrafter will not work if you have a supernatural or spell-like ability to raise the dead, either.

Doresain
2010-12-26, 10:49 PM
alrighty, wasnt sure based on the fact that i dont have libris mortis in the immediate area so i didnt know the exact wording on corpsecrafter...but i does sound fairly reasonably, so ill talk to my DM about it

on a side not, how good of a prestige class is the eldritch theurge for an (obviously) arcane necromancer? it sounds neat, but i dont want to fall into a potential trap

Coidzor
2010-12-26, 11:07 PM
Well, it's less good than eldritch disciple is for a divine caster due to the greater investment necessary.

Really though, Invocations don't add that much to a necromancer's arsenal. The best spells for it are also all Cleric Spells. And the rest,that an arcanist can really specialize in are more nebulously attached to necromancing and more a family of blasting and debuffing. Which is what the invocations would add to the necromancer's arsenal, just of the variety that can be done 24/7. And some utilities like constant flight and the most minor invisibility....

You can still get 9th level spells though, so it doesn't really weaken the build.

Doresain
2010-12-27, 01:15 AM
i was considering dread necromancer for the arcane side of things...good charisma synergy, and not overly powerful or anything...also, hideous blow plus charnel touch just looks cool in my mind

seems like a fun prestige, and was curious as to whether its actually fun (in regards to the build im going for) or turns out to really suck towards later levels, and thus isnt fun