PDA

View Full Version : emperor's children vs. blood ravens

aart lover
2010-12-27, 12:28 AM
of the two space marine chapters, who would win?

Forum Explorer
2010-12-27, 02:49 AM
A Vs thread with both combatants from the same universe, Inconcivable!

This is a tough fight that's practically even. I'm going to go with Emperor's children because Chaos gives them extra powers and equitment to use. The blood ravens because its hereasy to even consider that the foul spawn of chaos could prevail over the Emperor's favoured warriors! :smallbiggrin:

Felixc-91
2010-12-27, 02:52 AM
of the two space marine chapters, who would win?as the OP, its your job to give us more detail than that (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70661).

Tazar
2010-12-27, 03:04 AM
A Vs thread with both combatants from the same universe, Inconcivable!

This is a tough fight that's practically even. I'm going to go with Emperor's children because Chaos gives them extra powers and equitment to use. The blood ravens because its hereasy to even consider that the foul spawn of chaos could prevail over the Emperor's favoured warriors! :smallbiggrin:

Well, hey, turns out the Blood Ravens are actually likely part of the Thousand Sons that were sent elsewhere by Magnus before the assault on Prospero. The Unknown Primarch? The large amount of psykers? Now we know why! :smallwink:

Rumpus
2010-12-27, 03:15 AM
Is that official? It's been strongly implied that the Blood Ravens are a Thousand Sons offshoot, but there's never been any background about how they split off from the parent Legion.

Felixc-91
2010-12-27, 03:30 AM
don't know, but it would be awesome! i recently read the black library book about the thousand sons. they deserve a better fate than what ended up happening... is it weird that my 2 favorite space marine legions (thousand sons and omega marines) went rouge? and i still root for the imperium any way.
(apologies for tangent)

Tazar
2010-12-27, 03:38 AM
Is that official? It's been strongly implied that the Blood Ravens are a Thousand Sons offshoot, but there's never been any background about how they split off from the parent Legion.

Spoilers!

It hasn't been flat-out confirmed yet, but apparently things written in A Thousand Sons very strongly implied it. I think Magnus either ordered them out on an expedition or they were just away at the time? Something like that. Seeing as they were a Loyalist legion, at least until the...ahem...incident, it would make sense that they would take steps to cover up their past and continue fighting for the Emperor.

Also, Omega Marines? They're an Ultramarines second founding chapter, I believe. Do you mean the Alpha Legion or Night Lords?

It's also perfectly ok to root for the Traitor Legions, I love the Iron Warriors myself, and most of 'em are quite cool, even tragic. Only ones I really despise are the Word Bearers.

Felixc-91
2010-12-27, 03:45 AM
Also, Omega Marines? They're an Ultramarines second founding chapter, I believe. Do you mean the Alpha Legion or Night Lords?

It's also perfectly ok to root for the Traitor Legions, I love the Iron Warriors myself, and most of 'em are quite cool, even tragic. Only ones I really despise are the Word Bearers. ummm, Alpha legion. weird name for the 20th legion. i know its fine to root for the traitor legions... my inconsistency is that my 2 favorite legions were traitors but over all i'm rooting for the imperials

edit: @below
i just used the wrong name. the group is actually called the alpha legion.

Tazar
2010-12-27, 04:26 AM
Is Omega Marines what they're called here? Never seen that name used before.

Zeb The Troll
2010-12-27, 05:10 AM
Troll Patrol: Please try to make the opening statement more detailed and considered. While Rawhide's guidelines are just that, guidelines, please at least try to adhere to "The thread should be well fleshed out and considered," and "The first post should not be a one liner".