PDA

View Full Version : Check out my webcomic

birderman
2010-12-27, 05:40 PM
I've got a brand new website featuring my webcomic "lusker" and would love to hear what you think. The address is www.lusker.com
Take a peek :)

Domochevsky
2010-12-27, 05:46 PM
Well, the website design is certainly functional. The comic itself however... eh. I'm definitely not part of the target audience. :|

Mr. Zolrane
2010-12-29, 07:40 PM
It's not bad. It's a little... heavy-handed and self-important at times, but alright overall. Some of them I really don't get though.

Nosferocktu
2011-01-02, 09:47 PM
Not exactly my cup of tea, but it's an ok comic. It had a few funny ones like the braille zit one.

Esch
2011-01-06, 06:35 PM
It's very simple and to the point. I like oddball humor, so this one works well for me. (although even for me there were a few I said "huh?" with, but that's ok, lol)

Good job!

Leecros
2011-01-06, 06:57 PM
hum. I have a few concerns that i would like to make you aware of.

Firstly the fact that you haven't checked back. I'm aware that it's only been a little over a week, but if you say "(I)would love to hear what you think." I would hope that you would check back on our responses and reply to them. That way we don't feel dejected.:smallfrown: I have seen a number of threads on here where upcoming webcomic artists asks what the playgrounders think only to never return, making me always suspicious of shameless advertising on my part.

The comedy itself is a bit hit or miss for me. There was a few that i got a chuckle out of, but most of them i didn't really find very funny. Artistic part of the comic is okay, but that doesn't mean as much as you'll improve.

As for the site itself it is....unappealing to say the least. It looks like it was made in 20 minutes....in fact i could make it in 20 minutes. You should consider making it a bit more complex and use a more unique color-scheme. At least.
Looking at the forums i am almost completely turned off. Everything is in Danish(i believe). In fact just about everything but the comic itself is in Danish even though i picked English on the main page. There is one English forum, out of eight. I mean no disrespect to your language, but when you put something online for the world to see, one, if not THE best thing to do is put it in English. If you don't then you will alienate anyone whom does not speak your language, in this case Danish. English is the #1 top internet language(followed by Chinese).

As a last point i noticed that you don't have a cemented update schedule. It is fairly important for a new webcomic to have a solid update schedule. Not only will this attract more viewers, but it will get you into the habit of doing it.

All in all i feel that the site and the comic....while has potential as a joke-a-day strip and there is a precedence of those becoming quite popular, as a whole i feel you may be rushing things and not taking everything into account that you should.

Edited for a bad typo, my appologies:smallredface:

Domochevsky
2011-01-06, 08:01 PM
I mean no respect to your language, but ...

I see. :smallconfused:

Leecros
2011-01-06, 09:59 PM
I see. :smallconfused:

whoops, sorry typo on my part....i'll fix it up:smallredface: