PDA

View Full Version : Individual scenes - several IC threads for the same game?

Alice
2010-12-28, 11:53 AM
I've found enough players for my game to get started. But I want to start the game with individual scenes, before the players join as a group. Does this mean I have to create 4 separate IC game threads spread all over in the IC forum? Is there a more smooth way to do it? On other pbp forums you usually get a folder for your game where all IC and OOC threads are, rather then having them spread in different forums like on this site. I think that's much more smoother, so much easier for the players to orientate.

Yes I guess it could be done over PM but its complicated, because it's scenes that consists of more then one action and reaction.

Salbazier
2010-12-28, 11:54 AM
Use the spoiler tags?

Alice
2010-12-28, 12:12 PM
Use the spoiler tags?

ok, I could experiment with that yes. But it's a little bit too easy acess for my taste for people who shouldn't read it :P - metagaming warning.

obliged_salmon
2010-12-28, 12:15 PM
In my opinion, you should keep it all together, if you even need preliminary scenes at all. That way, each player gets to know the characters a little. If there's "super secret stuff" going on, I say let it all out in the open at the beginning. That way, the players can contribute to making those things important, collaboratively.

Hope this helps.

Salbazier
2010-12-28, 12:18 PM
ok, I could experiment with that yes. But it's a little bit too easy acess for my taste for people who shouldn't read it :P - metagaming warning.

(slightly) More tempting but not easier. A different thread won't achieve anything in keeping people off.

true_shinken
2010-12-28, 02:33 PM
I'm thinkint about doing this in my game but only for situations where the party is split.