PDA

View Full Version : Tears of Blood Campaign Setting PDF

Lord of Shadows
2010-12-28, 05:35 PM
http://dc308.4shared.com/img/xCDlO0nd/0.14710262788336748/ToB_Opening_Page.jpg

The Tears of Blood Campaign Setting offers over 300 pages of campaign material and the supplement Organizations in the World of Ursoule has over 100 pages of intrigue, cults, and plots for your Tears of Blood Campaign.

Please check the date of any PDF you have downloaded to make sure you have the most current version. Please take a moment to provide feedback, as I easily could have missed something. P.E.A.C.H.

Download ALL the Tears of Blood Campaign Setting PDF's here: Tears of Blood Campaign Setting (http://tears-of-blood.weebly.com/)

Thank you and enjoy the Tears of Blood Campaign Setting!

IcarusWings
2010-12-28, 05:58 PM
I wasn't involved in the project, but I was reading through the subforum before it got closed down, and I really liked the stuff I saw. So I'd be interested in a pdf if possible.

Rennard
2010-12-28, 08:07 PM
I would be intersested in it. I always wanted to look at it, but didn't get around to it before it was taken down.

Lord of Shadows
2011-01-05, 05:14 PM
Thank you IcarusWings and Rennard for replying. I have been holding back, still hoping someone from the original group would reply. I did get a message from Silas the Monk, who is still interested but is pretty busy.

What I have is about a 370+ page PDF (MS-Word also available) of material collected from the original forums (both from here and from Silas' archive) and some new material I gathered from other sources. (I have not cited all the sources of the new material, which I imagine needs to be done). I did not include the firearms stuff. I figure that could be a supplement later for those who want to go that way. I also kept Gnomes and Halflings as separate races (you may remember there was discussion of making Gnomes some kind of Halfling off-shoot). The campaign material is pretty much canon, with a few changes here and there, such as names. I used all of the maps that I could and alot of the original artwork and descriptions.

I guess I am at a loss on where to go next. I would rather collaborate than release something independently. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks.

Lord of Shadows
2011-01-07, 04:55 PM
For those who are interested, a compilation of the Tears of Blood Campaign Setting:

http://tears-of-blood.weebly.com/

This is a work in progress, any corrections, additions, subtractions, etc are welcome.

ajkkjjk52
2011-01-08, 05:13 PM
Wow, this is amazing. I'm in awe. Fantastic!

I was part of the group that worked on the setting, but then was gone from these forums for a while and came back after it got taken down.

To have all of this work back, in a nice pdf I can give to my players is... amazing.

This is just... wow.

Lord of Shadows
2011-01-08, 05:29 PM
Thanks ajkkjjk52, I have added your name to the list of known contributors. It is still a work in progress.

Lord of Shadows
2011-01-25, 02:58 PM
There was discussion in the original Tears of Blood forums on how to treat copyrights, OGL, product identity, etc. Since it was a "community effort", it is difficult - if not impossible - to identify a single copyright holder.

I have added a pretty basic OGL statement to the end of the campaign setting. Since this is one area where I have no experience, feedback would be appreciated. I basically added the 1.0a of the OGL and the following paragraph:

"The following items are designated Product Identity, as defined in Section 1(e) of the Open Game License Version 1.0a, and are subject to the conditions set forth in Section 7 of the OGL, and are not Open Content: all artwork contained herein, “Tears of Blood Campaign”, “World of Ursoule”, and the continent of “Terdusas”. Certain sections are the original material of others and are attributed as such. All remaining text is considered Open Content and is distributable according to the terms detailed in the OpenGaming License."

Work continues slowly on the campaign setting.

Thanks.

Lord of Shadows
2011-01-27, 11:02 PM
Minor update:

Edited and cleaned up the Deities to be more consistent with the campaign Domains, and with each other. Also added some narrative to flesh out some gaps in other misc. descriptions. This primarily affected Chapters 7 and 8. Also updated the Table of Contents to reflect the new pages.

THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS.

If any of the original Tears of Blood project contributors are here, please pass this along to them. I am still hoping some of them are still around. Click the link below to download a rough draft copy.

Comments, suggestions, and other helpful insight is welcome. Enjoy.

Lord of Shadows
2011-01-31, 05:50 PM
Minor updates:

Some minor edits and corrections and also updated the Table of Contents for the new page numbers. Seems like every time I dig into the archives at Silas the Monk's site I find something new.

THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS.

If any of the original Tears of Blood project contributors are here, please pass this along to them. I am still hoping some of them are still around. Click the link below to download a rough draft copy.

Comments, suggestions, and other helpful insight is welcome. Enjoy.

Lord of Shadows
2011-01-31, 05:53 PM
Wow, this is amazing. I'm in awe. Fantastic!

I was part of the group that worked on the setting, but then was gone from these forums for a while and came back after it got taken down.

To have all of this work back, in a nice pdf I can give to my players is... amazing.

This is just... wow.

Hey, I found one of your contributions: "The Inculpators"

I am working on expanding the "Organizations" into a Supplement of some kind.

ArlEammon
2011-01-31, 07:30 PM

I hope I'll always be remembered as the "Sorcerer-Elf, Mercenary Dwarf" Guy who invented them. To a point anyway.

I was the original suggestor.

I may be bragging, but oiy am I proud to be a part of forum history. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Mephibosheth
2011-01-31, 11:30 PM
Thanks for doing this, ShadowLord! The PDF looks great so far!

A couple of things, if I may.

First, the Fleshwrought went through a number of different incarnations before the group finally arrived on the bloodline form as the one with consensus support. Unless the group made changes I'm unaware of (entirely possible), the bloodline is, by itself, the final form of the Fleshwrought. I see that you have included the original race form in the PDF as well, and just wanted to let you know. The conversations that resulted in the Fleshwrought were long, confusing, and spread over two forums, unfortunately.

Second, you have Bharshii listed as a Phoedran deity, rather than a Pahali one. Bharshii was created as a part of the Callers of the Summer Rain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9774) organization, an organization unique to Pahal.

Third, if you ever do decide to expand the organizations section, here are two others you might include. The Order of the Hidden Fire (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9770) works to protect Plaguetouched and Fleshwrought from the persecution associated with their diseased status. The Mah'kaarite Sect (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38702) is a religious movement in Pahal that seeks to propitiate or worship (depending on who you talk to) the Pahali interpretation of the Plague Fiend.

I hope that helps a little bit. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist. Thanks again for putting this together.

Edit: Here's an update of the Navigation domain spell list based on later input from the homebrewing forums.

Navigation Domain Spells
1. Locate Object
2. Stay on Course
3. Plot Position
4. Mapmaking
5. Freedom of Movement
6. B'Artaign's Selective Location
7. Find the Path
8. Discern Location
9. Teleportation Circle

Lord of Shadows
2011-02-01, 12:14 AM
Thanks for doing this, ShadowLord! The PDF looks great so far!

Thank you for stopping by. I stumbled across the Tears of Blood sometime after the original forums were locked. There were some really creative people that worked on this project (including you) and the material is too good to let it evaporate into the ether. I hope that I can contribute in some small way.

First, the Fleshwrought went through a number of different incarnations before the group finally arrived on the bloodline form as the one with consensus support. Unless the group made changes I'm unaware of (entirely possible), the bloodline is, by itself, the final form of the Fleshwrought. I see that you have included the original race form in the PDF as well, and just wanted to let you know. The conversations that resulted in the Fleshwrought were long, confusing, and spread over two forums, unfortunately.

Hmmm.. so does that mean that the Fleshwrought should be a base race instead of a Template? (scratching head) I came across several examples of conflicting information and sometimes just had to make a judgement call.

Second, you have Bharshii listed as a Phoedran deity, rather than a Pahali one. Bharshii was created as a part of the Callers of the Summer Rain organization, an organization unique to Pahal.

Fixed, thanks for catching this, I honestly thought I was in the Pahali section when I hit "Paste"

Third, if you ever do decide to expand the organizations section, here are two others you might include. The Order of the Hidden Fire works to protect Plaguetouched and Fleshwrought from the persecution associated with their diseased status. The Mah'kaarite Sect is a religious movement in Pahal that seeks to propitiate or worship (depending on who you talk to) the Pahali interpretation of the Plague Fiend.

I already have both of these saved in my "Organizations" folder.

I hope that helps a little bit. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist. Thanks again for putting this together.

Thanks! Please, anything you see that doesn't "look right" let me know.

Edit: Here's an update of the Navigation domain spell list based on later input from the homebrewing forums.

Done!

Mephibosheth
2011-02-01, 08:56 AM
Hmmm.. so does that mean that the Fleshwrought should be a base race instead of a Template? (scratching head) I came across several examples of conflicting information and sometimes just had to make a judgement call.
It means that the Fleshwrought aren't a base race or a template. They're a bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm), as described in the SRD and Unearthed Arcana. I'd probably put them in the base races chapter, since the bloodline is intended to be used by PCs, but you could also keep them in the templates section. But you can get rid of everything between "Fleshwrought Racial Traits" on p. 349 and the beginning of the Plague-spoiled section on p. 351.

Lord of Shadows
2011-02-01, 04:59 PM
It means that the Fleshwrought aren't a base race or a template. They're a bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm), as described in the SRD and Unearthed Arcana. I'd probably put them in the base races chapter, since the bloodline is intended to be used by PCs, but you could also keep them in the templates section. But you can get rid of everything between "Fleshwrought Racial Traits" on p. 349 and the beginning of the Plague-spoiled section on p. 351.

Thank you for the info. I will move Fleswrought to the base races chapter, since it seems closer to a "race with levels" than a class, and if I am understanding it right, a class can be added to it? (ie, a Fleshwrought Cleric). I have also deleted the extra content.

After reading the material more closely, I have some questions and ideas. I hope you don't mind. First the questions:

In the last paragraph under "Relations", the second sentence is a bit confusing:

Most do not know how the Fleshwrought came to be. Many Fleshwrought were approached to be "cured" but learned nothing about their "saviors". Their stories are often alike, but there are more questions than answers.

Does this mean that a Fleshwrought was originally someone who had the Plague, then someone tried to "cure" them, and through some magical effect it created a Fleshwrought instead?

Also, the "Surgery" ability name just sounds too modern to me, and not fantasy-ish enough. I saw references in some of the original material to "Fleshcraft," which to me has more of a fantasy feel to it. I also thought it could do a tiny bit more more:

Fleshcraft
At 1st level, due to experience gained replacing and manipulating their own anatomy, Heal becomes a class skill for any character with the Fleshwrought bloodline. Their experience also reduces first aid, treating a wound, or treating poison to a swift action (normally a standard action).

The Bite attack gained from Replacement has no STR bonus. I don't know if it should, but I believe that most animals and monsters with a bite allack add their STR bonus.

Under "Replacement Mechanics" are two lines that seem to contradict:

"Fleshwrought characters use the Heal skill to determine whether or not they have successfully made a replacement."

And,

"A Fleshwrought only needs to make a Heal check when making a cosmetic replacement, not when using Replacement Points to make a replacement."

Now for some ideas. I know there was already considerable discussion about this stuff but I did have a couple of thoughts on "Replacement":

How about a sliding scale of Replacement points and naming each instance of it, as in:

4th level: Replacement (Minor) - 2 pts
8th level: Replacement (Lesser) - 3 pts
12th level: Replacement - 4 pts
16th level: Replacement (Major) - 5 pts
20th level: Replacement (Greater) - 6 pts

And along the lines of the "Webbed Limbs" Replacement, what about one that allows underwater breathing? (think Kevin Costner's character in Waterworld)

If you want I can just post a copy of what this would look like. I know that sometimes seeing the whole is easier to evaluate than to just see pieces.

Thank you again, and your insight is much appreciated.

ajkkjjk52
2011-02-01, 10:28 PM

Yep, that was mine. I mostly moderated the thread on monsters, so I'll be excited if/when you get to that. We had a lot of interesting ideas about fey (and making gobliniods and a few other monsters fey) and also about kobolds, if I recall.

Lord of Shadows
2011-02-01, 11:22 PM
Yep, that was mine. I mostly moderated the thread on monsters, so I'll be excited if/when you get to that. We had a lot of interesting ideas about fey (and making gobliniods and a few other monsters fey) and also about kobolds, if I recall.

There is a section on Monsters in the current PDF. I found about a dozen or so new monsters/encounters in the source material. I haven't had much of a chance to edit it beyond putting it together, if you want to take a look at it. I don't think there is much on goblinoids. There are quite a few Fey, though.

As a bit of a preview on organizations, here is a list of the ones I have more or less complete write-ups on that are not yet in the current PDF:

Aulay’s Axes
Cult of the Ancient
Custodis Imperia
Gnomish Secret Societies
Order of the Hidden Fire
Red Sun Rising Merchant House
Servants of the Red Tear
The Ayuvites
The Beautiful People
The Callers of the Summer Rain
The Cleansers of the Plague
The Cult of the Ascension
The Gnaritas Occultus
The Inculpators
The Ironthunder and her Crew
The Mah’kaarite Sect
The Order of Salvation
The Slaves of Telus
The Stehngaard
The Timeless Fellowship
The Weeping Lily
The Wives of Caerwyn

Thanks!

Mephibosheth
2011-02-03, 11:49 AM
Thank you for the info. I will move Fleswrought to the base races chapter, since it seems closer to a "race with levels" than a class, and if I am understanding it right, a class can be added to it? (ie, a Fleshwrought Cleric). I have also deleted the extra content.
Yeah, that's more-or-less right. A Fleshwrought character would have a base race, a class, and then the Fleshwrought bloodline.

After reading the material more closely, I have some questions and ideas. I hope you don't mind. First the questions:

In the last paragraph under "Relations", the second sentence is a bit confusing:

Most do not know how the Fleshwrought came to be. Many Fleshwrought were approached to be "cured" but learned nothing about their "saviors". Their stories are often alike, but there are more questions than answers.

Does this mean that a Fleshwrought was originally someone who had the Plague, then someone tried to "cure" them, and through some magical effect it created a Fleshwrought instead?
The origin of the Fleshwrought received quite a bit of discussion. It seems like the eventual consensus was that the process of creating the Fleshwrought was developed accidentally by magi researching the nature of the Weeping. The less scrupulous of them went on to market the process as a "cure" for the plague. People who were dying from the Weeping would be approached by "flesh merchants" peddling the "cure" and tricked into accepting it, not knowing...side-effects. The "cure" would indeed allow them to survive the plague, but it also altered their physiology and psychology, turning them into Fleshwrought. I was working on outlining the flesh merchants organization when the discussion petered out, and never finished.

Also, the "Surgery" ability name just sounds too modern to me, and not fantasy-ish enough. I saw references in some of the original material to "Fleshcraft," which to me has more of a fantasy feel to it. I also thought it could do a tiny bit more more:

Fleshcraft
At 1st level, due to experience gained replacing and manipulating their own anatomy, Heal becomes a class skill for any character with the Fleshwrought bloodline. Their experience also reduces first aid, treating a wound, or treating poison to a swift action (normally a standard action).
I like this change. Go ahead.

The Bite attack gained from Replacement has no STR bonus. I don't know if it should, but I believe that most animals and monsters with a bite allack add their STR bonus.
Yeah, they should add their strength bonus like any other melee attack. I never know whether that needs to be explicit in the ability's description or now, so just add it to be on the safe side.

Under "Replacement Mechanics" are two lines that seem to contradict:

"Fleshwrought characters use the Heal skill to determine whether or not they have successfully made a replacement."

And,

"A Fleshwrought only needs to make a Heal check when making a cosmetic replacement, not when using Replacement Points to make a replacement."
If I remember correctly, the second sentence was the final consensus. They need to make a Heal check to make a cosmetic replacement, but don't need to make a Heal check when spending replacement points. They would, I think, need to make a Heal check to hide a replacement, even one made with replacement points. I'll leave the exact wording up to you.

Now for some ideas. I know there was already considerable discussion about this stuff but I did have a couple of thoughts on "Replacement":

How about a sliding scale of Replacement points and naming each instance of it, as in:

4th level: Replacement (Minor) - 2 pts
8th level: Replacement (Lesser) - 3 pts
12th level: Replacement - 4 pts
16th level: Replacement (Major) - 5 pts
20th level: Replacement (Greater) - 6 pts

And along the lines of the "Webbed Limbs" Replacement, what about one that allows underwater breathing? (think Kevin Costner's character in Waterworld)
I'm ambivalent on this, to be honest. I think, if forced to make a decision, I would keep it the way it is, if only to facilitate saving RPs for later replacements. A lot of the cheap replacements cost 2 RPs, which would mean that the Fleshwrought would have an extra RP to save for later, allowing cooler replacements earlier in the progression. That said, I'm open to arguments either way.

I also like the underwater breathing replacement idea. Go ahead with that.

Hope that helps!

Lord of Shadows
2011-02-03, 08:58 PM
Hope that helps!

This is some really great stuff. Yes, it is a great help, I just hope I can help by finally pulling this all together.

I have made the changes and uploaded the new PDF. The revised Fleshwrought starts on page 22 now. I hope I have renumbered the Index correctly LOL.

I have also compiled the Organizations that I have into one document. It is almost 80 pages (without the ones now in the core PDF). I am unsure whether to add all that to the core PDF (which will take it over 400 pages), or put them all in a Supplement, or put some in the core and the rest in a Supplement.

Thank's again for the input. It is much appreciated.

Lord of Shadows
2011-02-10, 01:32 PM
Mephibosheth, ajkkjjk52, or anyone else who might be lurking and be able to answer:

I have had a nagging question about the Halflings and their islands. There is an island chain shown as an inset on the main map, and also a map of an unusual ring of islands, both identified as Halfling in the original material. Is this correct? What is the relationship between the two? What is common knowledge about them? I was a little confused when I was assembling the PDF the first few times, and I have the island ring as the "home isles" right now, but something doesn't seem right.

I did try to add a bit of mystery by describing the island ring as rumored to have an ancient ruined city on the center island that the Halflings don't let anyone near. (pages 254-255)

Thanks!

ajkkjjk52
2011-02-13, 01:58 PM
Hmmm...

The circular archipelago is definitely the Home Isles of the halflings, that much I remember for sure. As for the others, my explanation would just be that, since the Halflings control virtually the entire seas (except around the Taeshin lands) they've settled other islands as well, and uses them as stopover bases for their longer voyages.

Lord of Shadows
2011-02-16, 02:03 AM
Ok, thanks ajkkjjk52, I have edited the PDF to include both sets of islands. I have also made some other small updates. I had to rotate the big map on Pg 6 around to fit on a regular portrait sheet. Every time I tried to make it landscape I lost a page in MS Word. (Map is on pg 6, when it was landscaped the next page was pg 8). Anywhoo... new version has been posted to the download site.

:smallsmile:

Lord of Shadows
2011-03-10, 05:27 AM
Descriptions are now complete for all new New Spells and New Magic Items/Artifacts. Magic item pre-requisite spells have been adjusted to be either as rules-system neutral as possible, or to be from the Tears of Blood setting.

Ideas and feedback would be appreciated on the pre-requisites for magic items. Some spells are not an exact match for the item, and if another spell is a better fit please pass it along. All suggestions should either appear in both the D20 and the Pathfinder SRD's, OR should be an entirely new spell that can be included in the Tears of Blood setting.

Any ideas and feedback are also always welcome.

Debihuman
2011-03-10, 09:43 AM
I have a partial pdf (probably an earlier version) where the author is listed as Craig Butler for a Tears of Blood Campaign. Is this the same? The version I have is 25 pages long and is not complete but it is formatted well.

Debby

Lord of Shadows
2011-03-10, 10:48 AM
I have a partial pdf (probably an earlier version) where the author is listed as Craig Butler for a Tears of Blood Campaign. Is this the same? The version I have is 25 pages long and is not complete but it is formatted well.

Debby

Hi Debby,

No, this is not that version, but I think I know which one you are referring to. There were two previous starts at a combined product, one by Karatorian and one by Wunderhund. The one by Wunderhund is 25 pages long, with a cover page of the title "Tears of Blood" and "A Community Built Campaign World" with a graphic of what looks like a female with a bleeding eye. Karatorian's was shorter and was really just an overview of the races. Both of those works were well done, and mine uses information from both of them, but neither seems to have been developed beyond a few pages. The document I have made is close to 400 pages.

I believe "Karatorian" posted as Levi in the original threads, although all I have to base that on is this web page: http://tob.karatorian.org/

Wunderhund posted using that same name. There are links to both of their documents on Silas the Monk's excellent Tears of Blood archive at: http://www.silasthemonk.org.uk/cgi-bin/Report.cgi

I have not been able to contact very many of that original group. Only Silas, Mephibosheth, and ajkkjjk52 seem to still be around. I think I have seen Alarra still listed here as a moderator, not sure.

When I came across the Tears of Blood campaign, the forums had been locked and it was only days away from disappearing off of GiTP. I was so struck by the amount and quality of the material that it just did not seem right to let it go away. I just hope that my effort to finally combine it all into a Campaign Setting does some kind of justice to all that work.

Thank you for stopping by, and feel free to grab a copy of the Tears of Blood setting and let me know what you think. :smallsmile:

Lord of Shadows
2011-03-10, 01:22 PM
I have started posting some of the original source material for download.

URL Pending

Lord of Shadows
2011-03-30, 10:28 PM
After much editing and arranging, a mostly complete campaign setting is now ready for download.

This is still a work in progress, but has been edited as much as possible to fix errors, omissions, and other problems.

If you have downloaded this PDF previously, please download the current version, as it fixes problems that were found in all previous versions.

Please take a moment to provide feedback, as I easily could have missed something. P.E.A.C.H.

Download the Tears of Blood Campaign Setting PDF here: http://tears-of-blood.weebly.com/

Lappy9000
2011-03-30, 11:15 PM
Oh geez, look at that! Great work compiling everything together!

Tantolian
2011-03-31, 06:35 AM
Mephibosheth, ajkkjjk52, or anyone else who might be lurking and be able to answer:

I have had a nagging question about the Halflings and their islands. There is an island chain shown as an inset on the main map, and also a map of an unusual ring of islands, both identified as Halfling in the original material. Is this correct? What is the relationship between the two? What is common knowledge about them? I was a little confused when I was assembling the PDF the first few times, and I have the island ring as the "home isles" right now, but something doesn't seem right.

I did try to add a bit of mystery by describing the island ring as rumored to have an ancient ruined city on the center island that the Halflings don't let anyone near. (pages 254-255)

Thanks!

Ok, well, from being the Cartographer in the later half, I will tell you that the isles that are inset into the main map that you have included in the pdf are the "main" Halfling isles, and the map of the circular isles that is found also belong to the Halflings. The isles up close to the north western coast are the Taeshin isles.

I hope that this clarifies some. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been extremely busy for about the last two and a half years. I really like everything that you have done on this!!! Thanks!

-Tantolian
Bladesilver Merchant Guild

Lord of Shadows
2011-03-31, 07:58 PM
Oh geez, look at that! Great work compiling everything together!

Thank you! And thanks for helping create a fantastic RPG setting!

Lord of Shadows
2011-03-31, 08:03 PM
I hope that this clarifies some. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been extremely busy for about the last two and a half years. I really like everything that you have done on this!!! Thanks!

-Tantolian

Thank you for the clarification, I have edited the "Many Isles of the Halflings" section to reflect this. The ring of islands now has a name: the "Isles of Gennavire". I found the name while poking around in Silas' archive for Halfling background.

I hope my small contribution is somehow worthy of all the hard work the original group put into this project. It seemed a shame to let it all disappear.

Tantolian
2011-03-31, 10:29 PM
Thank you for the clarification, I have edited the "Many Isles of the Halflings" section to reflect this. The ring of islands now has a name: the "Isles of Gennavire". I found the name while poking around in Silas' archive for Halfling background.

I hope my small contribution is somehow worthy of all the hard work the original group put into this project. It seemed a shame to let it all disappear.

Sounds like a fine name to me for those islands.

Are you kidding? You have done awesome!! We tried to compile all of the information, but we kept getting conflicts as the original crew were lost due to various life issues, and new people came in with new ideas on how things should be. Nothing against new views since that was me at one point, but some of the things suggested were not researched, and conflicted with earlier votes or decisions. All in all, I am sure that I speak for everyone that worked on this when I say that what you have done so far is greatly appreciated!!!

I saw that you stated that you were planning a second addition with other information in it, like the various groups found in the world?! I am looking forward to seeing that, as well as anything else that you are able to extract from what was done. I'm sure that any additions that you make (like naming the Halfling isles) will be appreciated. If there are any alterations, or suggestions from people that worked on it, then I'm sure that they will be voiced. If not, or if the alteration, suggestion, idea doesn't fit, then don't worry about it. As I'm sure that you have seen from going through all of those threads and posts, there are specific people to refer to for some of the sections.

Any way, I am looking forward to anything else, and I'll try to stay around to help in any way I can.

-Tantolian

Lord of Shadows
2011-04-07, 05:16 PM
The first Supplement for the Tears of Blood Campaign Setting, "Organizations in the World of Ursoule" is now available at the download site (http://tears-of-blood.weebly.com/). 100 pages of material.

FINAL list of Organizations:

Aulay’s Axes
Ayuvites
Beautiful People
Bloodknights
Callers of the Summer Rain
Cleansers of the Plague
Cult of the Ancient
Cult of the Ascension
Custodis Imperia
Elegant Surprises
Elven Council
Followers of Baa’Te
Gnaritas Occultus
Gnomish Secret Societies
Grinning Dragon Trade Association
Halfpint Holesale Merchant’s Guild
Ilnezhit A’dran (“Hidden Death”)
Imperial Loyalty and Equality Alliance (ILEA)
Inculpators
Ironthunder and her Crew
Mah’kaarite Sect
Nixorum
Order of the Hidden Fire
Order of Salvation
Order of the Sword and Shield, Magical
Red Sun Rising Merchant House
Servants of the Red Tear
Shadows of the Sunlit World
Slaves of Telus
Stehngaard
Terdusas Adventurer’s Guild
Timeless Fellowship
Weeping Lily
Wives of Caerwyn

Bonus – Feldarin Army Recruitment Poster

Comments welcome. Enjoy!

Lord of Shadows
2011-04-15, 04:22 AM
I have finally compiled and edited material for both Dragons and Giants and added them to the Campaign Setting. Now close to 400 pages of material.

Question: was it ever decided if the Plague affected Giants? This would seem an obvious question, given the Giantkin immunity to it, but I can't find any discussion on this.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Lord of Shadows
2011-04-15, 07:40 PM
I think the Campaign Setting is complete, and so is the first Supplement:

Latest Update 4-15-2011 - Added material for both Dragons and Giants to the Campaign Setting. Now close to 400 pages of material, I think this is about it for the Campaign Setting, unless I missed something.

Latest Update 4-15-2011 - First Supplement FULL RELEASE: "Organizations in the World of Ursoule" - 100 pages of intrigue, cults, and plots for your Tears of Blood Campaign. BONUS: Feldarin Army Recruitment Poster included!

Enjoy!

Lappy9000
2011-04-16, 02:42 AM
I think the Campaign Setting is complete.There's a sentence I never thought I'd see :smallwink:

Great work, sir!

Lord of Shadows
2011-04-21, 09:07 PM
I should have said almost complete.. LOL

I did some more research on the "worker" undead and fleshed out (so to speak) that section of the Monsters chapter a little more. Also cleaned up the New Monsters list, there were some things on there that hadn't been written up yet.

Now, I think it is almost complete.. :smallbiggrin:

Lord of Shadows
2011-05-07, 12:17 PM
I recently read the "Arts and Music" thread archive and was wondering if there was any other discussion about Bards in the campaign setting. I recall a Bard variant from 3rd ed. that specialized in "dark" music or something. That would seem to be a good fit for Tears of Blood.

Thanks

Lord of Shadows
2011-05-13, 01:43 PM
A big update to the Tears of Blood Campaign Setting is out with LOTS of internal consistency issues fixed, also added some new geographical and historical names, and some new flavor text.

If you have downloaded previously, please replace your version with this one. There were ALOT of consistency issues that were fixed.

I also dragged all 388 pages kicking and screaming through MS-Word's Spell Checker thingy...I think I survived it intact. LOL

Link is in the signature below.

P.E.A.C.H.

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-04, 04:47 AM
Latest Update: 8-4-2011 Two New Supplements Added

Supplement Update 8-4-2011 - The Fey in Tears of Blood and The Cosmology of Ursoule

Download ALL the Tears of Blood Campaign Setting PDF's here: http://tears-of-blood.weebly.com/

Pokonic
2011-08-04, 04:52 PM
I must say, this is one of the better things I had the joy of reading in a long time. This is a wonderful example of what a group of people on the internet can do. Great work!

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-04, 05:21 PM
I must say, this is one of the better things I had the joy of reading in a long time. This is a wonderful example of what a group of people on the internet can do. Great work!

Thanks for the kudos. Unfortunately, most of the group that created this setting seem to have moved on, which is a shame. They left it in a "some assembly required" sort of condition, and I have been trying to compile the most developed topics into a usable form.

Enjoy! And if you happen to run the Campaign Setting let me know how it goes.

Pokonic
2011-08-04, 06:14 PM
Thanks, no problem. Altho I might not run it as a whole, the giantkin look very adaptible and the gnomes might just be a faction in my next big game.

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-04, 06:21 PM
Cool. Let me know especially if you run the Giantkin. They were a bit of a Hot Topic in the original threads as far as game balance. I will be running a Tears of Blood Campaign here shortly for a sort of a test run.

sktarq
2011-08-05, 03:16 PM
Wow.....it happened.

That's by Jove amazing.....I think I have lots of reading to do.

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-05, 04:03 PM
Wow.....it happened.

That's by Jove amazing.....I think I have lots of reading to do.

Thank you for stopping by, and it is great to see another of the original contributors again! :smallbiggrin: What your group created was really quite good. Too good, in fact, to be allowed to fade away and be forgotten.

My local RPG group will be starting a Tears of Blood campaign in a few weeks, using the Pathfinder rules. I hope to post some results of that here.

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-12, 08:35 PM
The Plague Fiend (Inspired by material from the original forums)
http://dc366.4shared.com/img/Slc8eGr2/0.6437984830235768/The_Plague_Fiend_2.jpg
Little detail is known about the Plague Fiend other than a name, which is spoken only in hushed whispers to avoid drawing its attention: Salothus the Ancient. There are secret Cults of the Plague Fiend, though worshipping this creature is by its very nature a self-destructive act. The Phoedran humans have seen the rise of a cult in recent years dedicated to the Plague Fiend which names it ‘Panokh’ and believes that it must be appeased with sacrifices in order to stop the Plague.

Originally Salothus was a Celestial of great rank, who ages ago came to find that his power could grow when there were deaths from disease, should be follow a certain path. As he continued down that path, he grew more and more corrupt. In time, he became an obvious creature of the vilest qualities. When the Five Gods discovered what he had done, they chose to destroy him.

Salothus had discovered, however, that the only way to achieve true power from disease was to sacrifice his Celestial status and become Infernal. Betting that the Gods would only destroy him if he continued as a Fallen Celestial, and that if he became Infernal he would have new masters to protect him, Salothus chose to relinquish his Celestial powers and turn completely evil.

But Salothus couldn't just choose to give up his power, however. He had to give it away, and he was lucky enough to find a group of naive Feldarin. They had split away from their race due to a bitter war of conquest with which they disagreed. These Feldarin were not warriors, they were artists and poets, scholars and sages. And Salothus found something else in them, something he could manipulate: these beings were vain. They believed that they were superior to their warlike kin, but they lacked the power to force the wars to stop. They believed that the only way to end the wars was to become more powerful than their brethren and force them to cease hostilities.

Salothus appeared to these beings, and offered them that power, presenting it as a “reward” from their Gods for remaining true to their ways. These Feldarin agreed to perform the required “Ritual,” and as a result they were transformed into Elves. As is common for such plans, though, it did not go as expected.

Salothus believed he had tricked the Elves into accepting his Celestial power, which would allow him to gain the Infernal power he desired. But his own vanity made him vulnerable as well, and no Infernal power filled his being. Instead, he was cursed to the Prime Material plane, to the lands of Ursoule, forever to wander as an Immortal and never able to attain the power he so hungered for. He became a vile, disease-ridden shell of a creature, bitter and malevolent against those he believed had tricked him. His one retribution was that he was still able to gain strength from those deaths caused by disease, and so he spread sickness with abandon. Many plagues and diseases spread across the land in the years following The Ritual. Thus Salothus came to be known as the “Plague Fiend.”

The Elves forgot about the wars and retreated to the forests after realizing what they had done. They felt only shame at themselves once the Plague Fiend was unleashed upon the land. Although no direct connection exists between the Plague Fiend and The Weeping, some Elves still believe they're responsible. The rest of the world would not have made the connection, however, and probably would no longer care that they sold the welfare of the world just for their vanity.

It is generally believed that the Plague Fiend is obsessed with regaining its lost godhood and possibly in taking revenge on the other gods. This has caused conflict between the few serious worshippers of the Plague Fiend and the worshippers of all the other Five Gods. The Plague Fiend has appeared to its worshippers in the past, but its current activities are unknown. It was the one responsible for the creation of the Elven race, so it may somehow still be involved with them. As for current activities, almost anything is fair game.

Side note: despite the name, the Plague Fiend is not necessarily responsible for The Weeping Plague. Officially, the actual cause is not known. It may be the Fiend, it may be a scheme of the Great Dragon, or it may be a version of the 1918 influenza virus. By design it has been left open to individual DMs to use as possible plot hooks, and because it is just scarier when you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how you could contract it or where it came from.

Plot Themes

The Plague Fiend’s worshippers are secretly working to recruit followers, while agents of the Feldarin Church work to eliminate them (monks would be perfect for this job, great undercover agents - but what happens when an agent is converted for real?).

Wunderhund
2011-08-24, 05:24 PM
Impressive! I just wanted to join my voice to the others in congratulating you on a job well done. It is very rewarding to see it all assembled together in one immense tome, which is what I always hoped for it. This was a project I really enjoyed working on, but as time dragged on my attention wandered as other creative projects came and went. I feel it was a very interesting experiment, and the end result is obviously something to be proud of! I admire you putting in the long hours of assembling all this material and making it presentable.

Thanks, ShadowLord79, for seeing this across the finish line!

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-24, 09:28 PM
My thanks, as always, goes to you, Wunderhund, and all the other original contributors to Tears of Blood. Your creative talents are what really made the setting special.

Lord of Shadows
2011-08-24, 09:31 PM
Another supplement is now available for the Tears of Blood Campaign Setting:

Artifacts and Relics in Tears of Bloodl (http://tears-of-blood.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/0/0/12003837/artifacts_and_relics_in_tears_of_blood.pdf)

Lord of Shadows
2011-09-16, 01:03 PM
List of All Contributors

Here is a list of everyone whose name I can find listed in the original Tears of Blood material, in alphabetical order. If anyone who was involved doesn't see thier name here, please shoot me a message:

Adlan
ajkkjjk52
AKA_Bait
Alarra
Alhambra-IV
Amion
AngelSword
Appolo
Aran
Arkon
Armin
Bearofbadnews
Blue_C.
Brady_Kj
budranger
C12H22O11
Capfalcon
CaptN
Citizen Joe
Cloudwalker
Crazy_Imp
dageech
Damian_Blackclaw
dedicated
Django
Doshi
dragonprime
Draz74
earlblue
Emperor Demonking
Engineer
Eomir
Falconer
Ferret
Fiery Justice
Fire_Wolf
flabbicus
flacko
Fredward
Gaimar
Gamebird
Gezina
Grey Watcher
handforged
I_Got_This_Name
ImpFireball
Infernus
Kheal
killgore
kuja.girl
Lappy9000
Latronis
Lavidor
LE4dGOLEM
levi
Lilly
Lysander
mabriss lethe
macd21
Macrovore
Maerok
MaskingFate
McDeath
McMouse
Meat Shield
Meepo_the_Mighty
Mephibosheth
Micah_Davis
MostlyHarmless
Napalm_Enema
OOT-crazy
Orin_Ironhammer
paddyfool
puppyavenger
Raskannu
Rockphed
Rpgraccoon
Rune
SalSar_Thiran
Scalenex
Seerow
ShneekeyTheLost
sigurd
silas the monk
sktarq
Skyserpent
Soulknife
Spuddly
Taliesin
Tantolian
The Giant
The_Glyphstone
The_Oz-Man
TheGreatJabu
TheSmike
Thiel
tokara2132
Total_Viking_Power
Trolof
Uncle Festy
Variform
vegetablevoice
VForVaarsuvius
Videospirit
Viking
Wunderhund
Xeran
xthemage

Draz74
2011-09-23, 03:51 PM
I was by no means a major contributor, but then, many of the people on your list weren't. I made a few minor comments and votes here and there, and I'd love to make it onto the credits. :smallcool:

EDIT: Also, 4shared's interface is obnoxious. You should use a Public folder on Dropbox! (https://www.dropbox.com/)

(Ideally, you should also give me credit on Dropbox for having referred you to it ... then I get another 500 MB of free space ...)

Lord of Shadows
2011-09-23, 11:31 PM
OK, you are added! The Campaign Setting PDF has a much shorter list of those who are probably the major contributors. The list here is an attempt to list everyone who helped out on the project.

I will check out Dropbox, thanks!

TheGreatJabu
2011-10-06, 09:58 AM
Whoa! This thing still exists?! SOLID. Props to all those individuals who kept the plague spreading and the duggery skulling!

Lord of Shadows
2011-10-07, 10:45 PM
Thanks for stopping by! Yes, ToB (no, not the Tome of Battle, the REAL ToB!) is still around, sort of. It is pretty quiet on here, but we are getting ready to start a ToB campaign in my group as soon as our current one ends.

Download and let us know what you think!

Alarra
2011-10-21, 12:36 PM
You say it's quiet on here....does that mean it's not quiet somewhere else?

Lord of Shadows
2011-10-21, 03:39 PM
LOL, I suppose you could say it's alot "noisier" on some other threads.

Thank you for stopping by, the work you and all the rest put into the Tears of Blood material is amazing. It's sad that ended the way it did, but great material will always live on in one form or another. And Tears of Blood has some great material.

Please feel free to check out the Campaign Setting (link below) and feedback is always welcome!