PDA

View Full Version : Holy Binder [3.5]

Demons_eye
2010-12-29, 12:39 AM
So during the summer campaign of the my group I played a Binder//Cleric. During one event, acid giant squid in acid lake, one player remarked the similarities between my Holy Binder and the song Holy Diver. Namely the 'down to long in the acid sea' line and decided on rewriting the song to fit my characters actions. Seeing the new PrC contest I thought I would make this but sadly no joke ones so I post it here. I know there are mistakes in it because I did this over 12 different sit downs so sorry if there are any glaring mistakes I missed.

Holy Binder

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2007/315/5/7/Paladin_by_lysandyr87.png

Kill a shade and a wizard and all of the sudden people start singing about you…. Domino James, Holy Binder

A Holy Binder is a chosen solider of his god that looks past his use of vestiges. These people are called untouchables in some churches because even though they use the blasphemous power their god forbids the users death.

Becoming a Holy Binder

A Holy Binder is made when a god protects or claims a Binder. They may need to prove themselves to the churches but after begin claimed the power of the Holy Binder surges forth.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Alignment: Any Good
Special: Must be able to Bind 2nd level vestige
Special: Must be able to cast Second level Devine Spells

Or

Special: Must be able to Bind 2nd level vestige
Special: Have the Divine Health class ability

Holy Binders Skills
The Holy Binders class skills (and the key ability for each skill) Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft

Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int
Hit Dice: d8

Holy Diver
{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special | Spell casting

1st|+0|+2|+0|+2| Holy Binder, Midnight Sea | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

2nd|+1|+3|+0|+3| Ride the Tiger |+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

3rd|+2|+3|+1|+3| Gota Get Away |+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

4th|+3|+4|+1|+4| Shiny Diamonds |+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

5th|+3|+4|+1|+4| Eyes of a Cat |+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

6th|+4|+5|+2|+5| Hide in the Sun |+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

7th|+5|+5|+2|+5| Velvet Lies or Truth Hard as Steal |+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

8th|+6|+6|+2|+6| Star of the masquerade |+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

9th|+6|+6|+3|+6|Never Ending Wheel |+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

10th|+7|+7|+3|+7|Unseen Light|+1 level of existing divine spellcasting class

[/table]
Class Features

Holy Binder- At each Holy Binder level your soul binding class feature is improved as if you took another level in the binder class.

Midnight Sea- The light gleams from the ocean as you walk out of the water destroying the crescent moons reflection. Starting at the 1st level you need no longer breathe in water. In addition you gain the benefit of Freedom of movement when underwater.

Ride the Tiger – Starting at the 2nd level you gain a tiger mount from your deity in gratitude for your faithful service. This functions like the Paladins special mount class feature. Your effective paladin level is treated as Holy Binder level time’s one and a half, minimum five maximum fourteen.

Gota Get Away- Sometimes you need to leave very fast be it if you are running from a dark wizard or from a nasty shadow. You gain the travel domain and can cast each 1/day as an SLA when a cleric would normally be able to cast each at the 3rd level.

Shiny Diamonds- Your skin shines bright in the light like diamonds at daybreak. You gain DR 2/- at the 4th level, this increases to DR 4/- at the eight level/

Eyes of a Cat- Your eyes narrow into slits as you peer into the darkness slicing nocturnal’s cover in twain. At the 5th level you gain dark vision out to 120 feet or extend your current dark vision out another 60 feet. In addition you may see in any darkness as if it was not there for 1 minute per Holy Binder level a day. You may split this ability up how you wish.

Hide in the Sun- Your holy presses is more than enough to hurt the eyes of the wicked but now you can evoke holy light to blind anyone foolish enough to look at you. At the 6th level you can engulf your body in light blinding anyone looking at you for an hour unless they make a fortitude save of 10+1/2 your level+ charisma modifier.

Velvet Lies – Your deceit, your guile, have reached a new level. At the 7th level once per day when making a Bluff check you can cancel your foes bonus to sense motive form how unbelievable your bluff is.

or

Truth Hard as Steal- You recognize the domination of others minds with more easily and with a word you give them another escape from the cage placed around their mind. At the 7th level you gain a +5 unnamed bonus to sense motive. Also when using sense motive to sense enchantment and you succeed you may give the enchanted person another saving throw against the spell.

Star of the masquerade- Your disguising skill reach a new level as you create a new persona with new thoughts and new views. At the 8th level if you make a successful save against a divination spell or telepathic psionic power, you can generate a misleading result. Though you don’t learn the precise spell or power being used against you, you know what type of information is sought and can respond accordingly. For example, a Holy Binder who successfully saves against detect thoughts knows that his surface thoughts are being probed, and can thus supply any specific thoughts that he wishes to be detected by the caster

Never Ending Wheel- A Holy Binder never truly dies unless his mission is finished and even then there are others that take up his song. Starting at the 9th level every day the Holy Binder may sacrifice his highest level spell slot to gain the power of the Never Ending Wheel. When a Holy Diver dies when he is revived as the Reincarnate spell except he does not take level lose and he can chose to revive if killed by a death effect.

Unseen Light- Sometimes the best power is the power unseen. Filled with unseen light the Holy Binder can have this light leave him to immobilize evil foes. At the Tenth level a Holy Binder can effectively lose all of their class features for 1d5 rounds to Paralyze a foe within 100 feet for one round no save. This ability can be used once a day.

Playing a Holy Binder
A Holy Binder is a champion of good and servant of his god. He is more of a front liner then a healer but his choice of spells and vestiges can lead to any role to play.

Combat: A Holy Binder is more of a front line fighter. With his tiger mount helping him it is very easy to move around the battle field.
Advancement: Most Holy Binders continue to advance their divine class rather than advance their binding to further gain power from their god. Some find other classes that continue their dual advancement.
Resources:] Holy Binders can find any aid they need at their home church and in some cases find great aid in churches of allied gods. Should a Holy Binder abuse this the church might find it harder and harder to fund them.

Holy Binder in the world

Never in the world have I seen a more terrible and awe inspiring site than Domino riding his tiger into battle against the orcs. John Smith- Black smith of Doogletown.

Working entirely for their god or church a Holy Binder’s are seen as a higher level church official. They are better left alone unless they come knocking at your door or you are in dire need.

Daily Life: When not questing for their god a Holy Binder can be seen relaxing. They value their rest more than most. Some decide to help the poor or injured if given large enough downtime.
Notables: Domino James, or better known as Dio to his friends, is the best known Holy Binder to date. His quests led him across the world saving many towns, cities, and Kingdoms. His most famous tale is that of his first crusade on the famous evil wizard Herrago Burnside. This evil wizard killed many by controlling shades.
Organizations: Most Holy Binders are part of their gods church. Some leave when the churches views conflict with the their gods.

Re'ozul
2010-12-29, 07:26 AM
Very nice class, though how often can you use Hide in the sun?

Also, I can't help but see parallels to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU

In fact it was the first thing that sprang to mind when I read the title.
Further "In fact" scrap that parallels sentence, nice song based build :smallbiggrin:

though I do miss an ability called "Sole survivor"

shadow_archmagi
2010-12-29, 12:04 PM
Very nice class, though how often can you use Hide in the sun?

Also, I can't help but see parallels to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU

You... it...

Of course there's parallels, he explicitly designed it around the song and mentions it in the first sentence.

*facepalm*

Caliphbubba
2010-12-29, 12:19 PM
This rocks. that is all.

Tvtyrant
2010-12-29, 05:37 PM
I would add "No need to look so Afraid" and give the character immunity to fear effects. I really like the idea, though the Prc is a little OP since it is a MT that gives a Paladin mount and a bunch of class abilities.