PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign - 3.5

Gwillednt
2010-12-29, 04:05 PM
Looking for some good ideas. The game I'm running is a mix of 3.5/pathfinder. The general premise of the campaign is everyone is playing their favorite characters from any system (but some may need to change what they do based on the world). They are coming in unequipped, at level 1 32 pt buy.

The awesome thing? No one's playing a tier 1 or 2 class. The party is as follows:
A Wu Jen (Race undetermined, he's the ONLY new player, so this one isn't a favorite character)
A gnome Beguiler (awesome roleplay character)
A elan psychic warrior (pretty decent offense, insane AC and HP as I recall)
A human sniper (Rogue - Was actually a sniper in a more modern RPG, is going to end up making a great crossbow to use)
An orc ranger (i adjusted ranger a bit, it needed some more focus)
And a human with a made up class, we'll call it a surgeon. (Basically, he's also from another classless system, he makes modifications to his body via magic rather than science, given the world, he'll need to make this adjustment, and he is good at healing out of combat through procedures).

They don't appear to have an in combat healer, I don't think that's a bad thing, but if it is Im sure they'll eventually attract a henchman.

--------------------------

The world is VERY different from anything I've tried before. There's an actual deity who created it, a deity that exists with all others, but he is the god that created that plane, and most of the good/neutral creatures on it revere him. They may have additional deities, though, and many do, and some have primary deities and simply pay additional homage to him. Regardless, no one has heard from this deity in nigh on 60 years, which is a great cause for concern. His priests are still receiving spells, and attempts to commune with him have failed, and if the rare angel they are able to call in knows anything, they aren't talking.

This plane has very few races of evil humanoids, as this deity attempted to keep them all out. Kobolds, trogs, and gnolls are the most frequently found, they are naturally occuring, while orcs, goblinoids (all) and most others are outsiders. (No, I don't mean they get the outsider type when they show up, the ranger already asked me that, heh).

The enemy at the beginning is a fairly obvious one, to them, cultists who are bringing in alien creatures onto the plane, as they believe the deity has abandoned it. No i don't mean far realm. I don't even mean the Lower Planes.
I mean orcs, hobgoblins, trolls, ogres... things that to most adventurers would seem normal, but to the denizens of this plane are either horrific, or worse yet, something they don't realize they ought to fear. The PCs are being brought in by these cultists (though they will quickly realize they don't want to work with them based on their actions in their past lives) when they were onthe brink of death. Conveniently, all these characters had "near" death experiences, as one might expect of past favorites.

I am looking for interesting encounters that might flavorfully fit into this world, but a few thigns to make note of: There will be demons and abberations, but they are rare, and I do not want to make use of them until later levels. Devils are basically not going to be used because my other campaigns were based on them, and everyone is tired of them. I'd prefer few hobgoblins for a similar reason, and hobgoblins are smart and organized, these cultists are anything but, in general the hobgoblins end up killing the cultists for the inconvenience and setting up on their own.