PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder/3.5 Damaging Armor and the soft target beneath

Duncan_Ruadrik
2010-12-29, 09:40 PM
Alright, so Im running a Pathfinder Ranger, focused on archery, the first time Ive done that since 3.0, when I released that didnt work... hopefully Deadly Aim is all its cracked up to be...

Anyway...

my backup melee weapon is an adamantine shortsword. If I run out of arrows, (not likely due to my general issue Handy Haversack, but one never knows) or my Longbow gets sundered (yikes!) all Ive got between myself and negative hitpoints is that shortsword.

I am wondering if (since the adamantine ignores the first 20 points of hardness) I manage to damage the armor badly enough, if i can wound the target beneath it? Or if there is some way to basically "ignore" the armor, using my "cut through almost anything" shortsword.

I just want to figure out a way that my little shortsword will somehow be useful to me against an armor wearing, power attacking baddie.

Any thoughts, ideas? Thank in advance as always Playground!

Claudius Maximus
2010-12-29, 09:51 PM
Not sure about Pathfinder, but in 3.5 you can not sunder or attack worn armor. You would not have any specific bonus or penalty against an armored opponent relative to another of the same AC.