PDA

View Full Version : my NEW avatar

aart lover
2010-12-29, 10:17 PM
well since i got a new fast laptop for christmas, that meant i could download inkscape( which i just <3). that meant i could make a proper avatar. lemme know what you think. oh, and don't ask or make suggestions about the white background. it's a frustrating story:smalltongue:

Lateral
2010-12-29, 10:23 PM
Well, the neck is better than last time, and the face is less flat, but it's still a bit unexpressive. Also, the other one had more detail- this is just some guy with a greatsword. Try adding a deeper level of detail and working on facial expressions some more.

Also: WHITE BACKGROUND BADNESS. :smalltongue:

Ranger Mattos
2010-12-29, 10:49 PM
oh, and don't ask or make suggestions about the white background. it's a frustrating story:smalltongue:

Viola! White-background-less avatar!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i430/rangermattos/ootsart/aartloverredux.png

Yes, I did remove it. You'll have to save it yourself though.

Cealocanth
2010-12-29, 11:15 PM
*new pic*

It seems like the color quality has decreased though. How'd you remove that white background again?

KillItWithFire
2010-12-29, 11:23 PM
If you're using Inkscape you have to go file, export bitmap, make sure the largest dimension is no greater than 120. After that you have a .png file which you have to port to some place like photobucket and well, I think you got it from there. The white background usually comes from just saving the pic as opposed to exporting it.

I agree, give him a little pizazz, maybe put him in a cool pose or make the armor more ornate.

Ranger Mattos
2010-12-29, 11:26 PM
It seems like the color quality has decreased though. How'd you remove that white background again?

I saved his avatar as a file on my computer, then imported it into Inkscape, traced it (with remove background option), and exported it again.

aart lover
2010-12-29, 11:28 PM
If you're using Inkscape you have to go file, export bitmap, make sure the largest dimension is no greater than 120. After that you have a .png file which you have to port to some place like photobucket and well, I think you got it from there. The white background usually comes from just saving the pic as opposed to exporting it.

I agree, give him a little pizazz, maybe put him in a cool pose or make the armor more ornate.

that's just the thing tho. picasa-the site i'm using to export these-will only accept jpeg. :smallannoyed:

Ranger Mattos
2010-12-29, 11:36 PM
that's just the thing tho. picasa-the site i'm using to export these-will only accept jpeg. :smallannoyed:

Try Photobucket or Imageshack. Both use PNGs.

KillItWithFire
2010-12-29, 11:48 PM
Try Photobucket or Imageshack. Both use PNGs.

Indeed, I set up a photobucket the same day I started avatarin (3 days ago) Took like, 8 minutes and it's completely free. Easy enough to do.

Ranger Mattos
2010-12-30, 12:05 AM
That is quite a good flame for someone who started avataring 3 days ago.

aart lover
2010-12-30, 12:17 AM
waaaaait a sec.... KillItWithFire, isn't that like the 3rd time you've switched avatars?

KillItWithFire
2010-12-30, 09:02 AM
waaaaait a sec.... KillItWithFire, isn't that like the 3rd time you've switched avatars?

Yeah, last one I had wasn't made by me. Switched to this one because even though it's not as flashy, I made it and to me that counts more.

That is quite a good flame for someone who started avataring 3 days ago.

Thanks, first draft wasn't as impressive. :smalltongue:

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb471/magicman5897/path3906.png