PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Quoting

Mr. Zolrane
2010-12-30, 03:01 PM
If there's already a way to do this, I would love if someone would enlighten me, but otherwise I have a suggestion for whoever's in charge of such things: Sometimes, especially in a long conversation I want to quote multiple people, but to do so (apart from editting) I have to open the thread in a new tab, hit quote again and copy/paste it into my post. Is there a better way? If not, might I suggest adding a quote button to the posts on the page where you type your reply.

Just a friendly suggestion,

Mr. Z

PS

If any clarification of what I'm suggesting is necessary I'm happy to give it.

Roland St. Jude
2010-12-30, 03:07 PM
There is a better way. It's called "Multi-Quote." In the lower right-hand corner of every post is a button that looks like a quotation mark.

Hover your mouse over it and you'll see it's called "Multi-Quote." Click on it, then click on the same symbol in other posts you want to quote, then click the actual Quote button on the last one and viola! All the posts you wanted to quote are there with proper quote tags and everything.

drakir_nosslin
2010-12-30, 03:38 PM
I've always wondered, but never tried if the multi-quote works over several pages? I'd assume that it doesn't but maybe, just maybe...

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-30, 03:49 PM
I've always wondered, but never tried if the multi-quote works over several pages? I'd assume that it doesn't but maybe, just maybe...

You get a note at the bottom of your post asking if you want to include multi-quoted posts from other threads. Click yes and it'll add them, click no and it'll deselect them.

Zeofar
2010-12-30, 07:27 PM

If you meant in the same thread as the quotes, by the way, there is no note add the quoted posts from other pages; it is done automatically.

Mr. Zolrane
2010-12-30, 07:27 PM
Thank you Roland, much appreciated.

Roland St. Jude
2010-12-30, 09:11 PM
Sheriff: You're welcome.