PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 BAB and Epic Iteratives

mootoall
2010-12-30, 10:28 PM
So, I know that Epic BAB won't increase iteratives to over four, but will it increase it up to four if you're a 1/2 or 3/4 BAB class?

Zeful
2010-12-30, 10:39 PM
So, I know that Epic BAB won't increase iteratives to over four, but will it increase it up to four if you're a 1/2 or 3/4 BAB class?

No. It won't, the Epic rules are clear on this, you gain no bonus iterative attacks at all, for gaining epic attack bonus.

Curmudgeon
2010-12-30, 11:02 PM
If you don't get BAB (as opposed to AB = BAB + EAB) up to +16, you'll never get that 4th iterative attack.

Of course, that's the one that's least likely to hit, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Runestar
2010-12-30, 11:19 PM
Meaning that pure rogues or monks will never that 4th attack you multiclass in fighter or something.

Rogue20 --> bab+15. Rogue21 --> bab+16, but still only 3 attacks.

Curmudgeon
2010-12-30, 11:47 PM
Rogue21 --> bab+16, but still only 3 attacks.
Your terminology is a little off. BAB never improves after level 20. You add EAB on top of it, to get AB = BAB (+15) + EAB (+1) = +16.

Runestar
2010-12-31, 12:23 AM
Your terminology is a little off. BAB never improves after level 20. You add EAB on top of it, to get AB = BAB (+15) + EAB (+1) = +16.

The distinction seems overly fine to me. I mean, ebab still counts as normal bab for taking feats like rapid blitz or perfect TWFing, and there seems to be no point to distinguishing between the 2 save for quickly determining how many attacks an npc would get.

Even the entries in MM and assorted splatbooks also list it that way. :smallbiggrin:

MeeposFire
2010-12-31, 01:49 AM
A 3.5 rule that is overly complicated and confusing surely you jest!:smallwink:

But really monster entries are treated differently at times and one appears to be BAB as they show it being higher than 20 even if it should not be. In fact they do not progress as they should as epic critters if they worked like characters.

Arutema
2010-12-31, 02:08 AM
Only in Pathfinder. As others have said, 3.5 cuts off iterative progression at 20th level.

Godskook
2011-01-02, 03:35 PM
The distinction seems overly fine to me. I mean, ebab still counts as normal bab for taking feats like rapid blitz or perfect TWFing, and there seems to be no point to distinguishing between the 2 save for quickly determining how many attacks an npc would get.

By RAW or RAI? Cause by RAW, the importance of the distinction is what the rules are.

By RAI, rule however you want. Personally, I'd allow a low-BAB character to multiclass into a better BAB class to change what their pre-epic fractional BAB was. So for instance:

Wizard 20/Abjurant Champion 5

Would have 15 BAB and 3 EAB, despite the Abjurant Champion levels being taken during epic play.

Even the entries in MM and assorted splatbooks also list it that way. :smallbiggrin:

Except RHD improves BAB even at post-epic levels.