View Full Version : I am IRONMAN Mk2

Loki Eremes
2010-12-30, 11:40 PM
Since last one was violently closed
(Please read for furter information)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149744

I reveal my Trap card!

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3655/itsatrapr.jpg

(no profanities on this one, sry for the last one xD)

And now, i repeat my last question on that thread.

Finally im about to use the Artificer, but i realized i dont know other item creation FEATS than the ones that appear in Eberron Campaing Setting book (legendary artisan, extraordinary artisan and so)

I wanna know,
following the premise title of this thread, which ones do you recomend me? [except from the ones ive already mentioned]

Traab
2010-12-30, 11:46 PM
Slight derail but im curious about something. From the descriptions ive been hearing about artificers, they sound like a REALLY cool class, and one that is pretty damn flexible with its ability to create items that can do just about anything. Is this one of those classes that starts out fairly weak but once you manage to survive the first few levels and get some of the better skills it starts to kick ass?

Loki Eremes
2010-12-30, 11:51 PM
Slight derail but im curious about something. From the descriptions ive been hearing about artificers, they sound like a REALLY cool class, and one that is pretty damn flexible with its ability to create items that can do just about anything. Is this one of those classes that starts out fairly weak but once you manage to survive the first few levels and get some of the better skills it starts to kick ass?

The answer you seek is, yes.

Artificer could make just about anything, but they depend on their money for their power. They are all Magic Equip.

If you manage to reach high levels and obtain lot of money, you could be what I (and many others) always search for, becoming Tony Stark :smallbiggrin:

Traab
2010-12-31, 12:04 AM
Heh, given enough time and material to play around with, im getting this mental image of an artificer who has managed to create a reasonable facsimile of a great many comic book characters. Iron man obviously, but even putting together something crazy like The Punisher. Obviously he couldnt create a compliment of automatic guns. But he could easily have a vast arsenal of crafted weapons of varying effects, and probably even create an armored van style of "mount" to carry his stuff with. Doctor octopus is another possibility. I bet you could cobble together a set of mechanical arms with various stabbing/cutting/grappling weapons attached.

Zonugal
2010-12-31, 12:07 AM
A build I enjoy is Human Paragon 1/Artificer 7/Renegade Mastermaker 2/Legacy Champion.

Feats/Flaws: Energy Substitution (Electricity) [Human], Apprentice (Craftsman) [1st], Favored in House [Flaw], Martial Weapon Proficiency (Rapier) [HP1st], Scribe Scroll [Art1st], Heavy Armor Proficiency [3rd], Brew Potion [Art2nd], Craft Wondrous Item [Art3rd], Craft Arms and Armor [Art4th], Craft Construct [Art4th], Leadership [6th], Craft Wand [Art5th], Least Legacy [9th], Landlord [12th], Lesser Legacy [LC4th], Sculpt Spell [15th], Greater Legacy [LC8th], Transcendental Spell [18th] and Improved Resiliency [RM10th]; Meager Fortitude

Loki Eremes
2010-12-31, 12:07 AM
Heh, given enough time and material to play around with, im getting this mental image of an artificer who has managed to create a reasonable facsimile of a great many comic book characters. Iron man obviously, but even putting together something crazy like The Punisher. Obviously he couldnt create a compliment of automatic guns. But he could easily have a vast arsenal of crafted weapons of varying effects, and probably even create an armored van style of "mount" to carry his stuff with. Doctor octopus is another possibility. I bet you could cobble together a set of mechanical arms with various stabbing/cutting/grappling weapons attached.

The limit is the sky.....or your wallet.

Im not getting responses at all about item creation feats T-T
Well...need patience.

Tyndmyr
2010-12-31, 12:08 AM
This reminds me of a comic I just read tonight. It seems relevant:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/im1.jpg

Loki Eremes
2010-12-31, 02:01 AM
A build I enjoy is Human Paragon 1/Artificer 7/Renegade Mastermaker 2/Legacy Champion.

Feats/Flaws: Energy Substitution (Electricity) [Human], Apprentice (Craftsman) [1st], Favored in House [Flaw], Martial Weapon Proficiency (Rapier) [HP1st], Scribe Scroll [Art1st], Heavy Armor Proficiency [3rd], Brew Potion [Art2nd], Craft Wondrous Item [Art3rd], Craft Arms and Armor [Art4th], Craft Construct [Art4th], Leadership [6th], Craft Wand [Art5th], Least Legacy [9th], Landlord [12th], Lesser Legacy [LC4th], Sculpt Spell [15th], Greater Legacy [LC8th], Transcendental Spell [18th] and Improved Resiliency [RM10th]; Meager Fortitude

Thx, but most of them are not Item Creation feats, plus i do not need a progression xD

This reminds me of a comic I just read tonight. It seems relevant:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/im1.jpg

OMG that looks outstanding,
Ive never read Deadpool, i know he is da sith, but...

Nothing to do with the topic T-T

toastyghost
2010-12-31, 03:00 AM
Since last one was violently closed
(Please read for furter information)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149744

I... watched this film for the first time last night, and had the EXACT SAME idea. It was mostly the one scene near the end when he fights Stane in the old Iron Man suit (Iron Monger) and uses his fist-jets to jump in the air and punch him in the face.
Spoilered for possible spoilers. :smallbiggrin:

Loki Eremes
2010-12-31, 04:57 AM
So, no one knows any Item creation feats usefull for the artificer appart from the ones in Eberron Campaing Setting book........ :smallannoyed:

Serpentine
2010-12-31, 05:31 AM
Alright, here's some from a list of "item creation feats" and "feats related to item creation": Double Wand Wielder [General] (CArc p77); Dragoncrafter [General] (Dcn p105); Magical Artisan [General] (PGF p41); Reckless Wand Wielder [General] (CArc p82); Theurgic Creationist [General] (DR325 p62); Wandstrike [General] (CArc p84); Attune Magic Weapon [Item Creation] (Eb p50); Bind Elemental [Item Creation] (Eb p51); Brew Potion [Item Creation] (PH p89); Craft Construct [Item Creation] (MM p303)(MM3 p206); Craft Contingent Spell [Item Creation] (CArc p77); Craft Magic Arms and Armor [Item Creation] (PH p92); Craft Rod [Item Creation] (PH p92); Craft Rune Circle [Item Creation] (RoS p137); Craft Staff [Item Creation] (PH p92); Craft Wand [Item Creation] (PH p92); Craft Wondrous Item [Item Creation] (PH p92); Etch Rune [Item Creation] (DR324 p26); Exceptional Artisan [Item Creation] (Eb p52); Extra Rings [Item Creation] (Eb p53); Extraordinary Artisan [Item Creation] (Eb p53); Forge Ring [Item Creation] (PH p94); Inscribe Rune [Item Creation] (PGF p40); Legendary Artisan [Item Creation] (Eb p56); Portal Master [Item Creation] (PGF p42); Sanctify Relic Item [Item Creation] (CDiv p84); Scribe Scroll [Item Creation] (PH p99); Wand Mastery
[Item Creation] (Eb p62)

Other than that, I don't know what you want.

KillianHawkeye
2010-12-31, 07:47 AM
Obviously you need Craft Magic Arms & Armor, and maybe Craft Wondrous Item. Craft Wand probably wouldn't hurt.

These are all core feats in the PHB, btw.

true_shinken
2010-12-31, 08:12 AM
Obviously you need Craft Magic Arms & Armor, and maybe Craft Wondrous Item. Craft Wand probably wouldn't hurt.

These are all core feats in the PHB, btw.

Psst, Artificers get thoseby default.

AyeGill
2010-12-31, 10:02 AM
take leadership. get a warforged cohort. craft a portable hole. enhance the warforged, buff it, give it wand holders, wands of schorching ray, wands of fly, all sorts of cool wondrous items, then glue the portable hole to its mouth, and crawl in.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-12-31, 10:07 AM
take leadership. get a warforged cohort. craft a portable hole. enhance the warforged, buff it, give it wand holders, wands of schorching ray, wands of fly, all sorts of cool wondrous items, then glue the portable hole to its mouth, and crawl in.
Assuming he's not Evil and that the Warforged wouldn't enjoy it, wouldn't it be easier to make an Iron Golem to do this to.

KillianHawkeye
2010-12-31, 10:19 AM
Psst, Artificers get thoseby default.

Oh, they get all those for free? Nevermind, then. (Obviously never played an Artificer nor an Eberron game. :smallsigh::smallbiggrin:)

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-12-31, 12:10 PM
As was mentioned in the first thread, a barebones Warforged Warlock would do well.

However, that's more man than machine, so let's go elsewhere.

Reserve feats and some means of "cheating" the spells-required part on an artificer would get you the pewpewpew if you don't like wands for some reason.

There were a series of web enhancements for Eberron that had pretty intense mechanical armors in line with the actual, Ironman Mk1 suit, so check those out.

The rest should just come from artificer levels, actually, now that I think about it...

Alleine
2010-12-31, 02:50 PM
The reason no one is saying anything about other item creation feats is that almost none exist.

There is one feat, Magical Artisan, in the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide that lets you pay only 75% of the cost. It applies to only one item crafting feat each time you take it though.

There's another feat named the same from Oriental Adventures I think, but it includes the item being cursed no matter what.

Urpriest
2010-12-31, 03:05 PM
Artificers get most of the important Item Creation feats automatically as bonus feats, and they get almost every other relevant one explicitly in their bonus feat list. There are a few other item creation feats around (the various forms of Graft Flesh, Grell Alchemy), but perhaps it would be better to ask why you are looking for more item creation feats instead of, for example, feats that would help you achieve your concept or make you more powerful.

Bang!
2010-12-31, 03:12 PM
Craft Construct is fun. Effigy creatures open a lot of options. EDIT: Also, it's required for robot armor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a).

Craft Contingent Spell is too ridiculous to exist, but since it does, you might be interested.

Deth Muncher
2010-12-31, 03:33 PM
My post in the last thread still stands.

Incidentally, where are the rules for unslotting items? I'm thinking specifically so you can do stuff like an unslotted Necklace of Adaptation, Boots of Flying, etc etc. That way, you wouldn't have to pay to get the enchantments for all of those things/have them on your Runestaff. Also, something to think about - whatever they are...Gloves of Storing, I think? The one that lets you store a weapon in your glove? Fluff it to be on your arm for missiles and such, or keep your Runestaff in it when you don't need it.

Loki Eremes
2010-12-31, 06:47 PM

Lol & Wtf at the same time xD

"OMG! there is danger! quickly eat me!"

Alright, here's some from a list of "item creation feats" and "feats related to item creation": Double Wand Wielder [General] (CArc p77); Dragoncrafter [General] (Dcn p105); Magical Artisan [General] (PGF p41); Reckless Wand Wielder [General] (CArc p82); Theurgic Creationist [General] (DR325 p62); Wandstrike [General] (CArc p84); Attune Magic Weapon [Item Creation] (Eb p50); Bind Elemental [Item Creation] (Eb p51); Brew Potion [Item Creation] (PH p89); Craft Construct [Item Creation] (MM p303)(MM3 p206); Craft Contingent Spell [Item Creation] (CArc p77); Craft Magic Arms and Armor [Item Creation] (PH p92); Craft Rod [Item Creation] (PH p92); Craft Rune Circle [Item Creation] (RoS p137); Craft Staff [Item Creation] (PH p92); Craft Wand [Item Creation] (PH p92); Craft Wondrous Item [Item Creation] (PH p92); Etch Rune [Item Creation] (DR324 p26); Exceptional Artisan [Item Creation] (Eb p52); Extra Rings [Item Creation] (Eb p53); Extraordinary Artisan [Item Creation] (Eb p53); Forge Ring [Item Creation] (PH p94); Inscribe Rune [Item Creation] (PGF p40); Legendary Artisan [Item Creation] (Eb p56); Portal Master [Item Creation] (PGF p42); Sanctify Relic Item [Item Creation] (CDiv p84); Scribe Scroll [Item Creation] (PH p99); Wand Mastery
[Item Creation] (Eb p62)

Other than that, I don't know what you want.

that was a really extense list.
Magical Artisan helped a lot.
Thanks and off topic: nice thematic new year avatar :3

Moar OFF-TOPIC:

Happy new year folks!

The Glyphstone
2010-12-31, 06:57 PM

Who says the portable hole has to be in its mouth? (http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2008-07-29)

Loki Eremes
2011-01-01, 12:05 AM
Who says the portable hole has to be in its mouth? (http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2008-07-29)

mmmm, one in the mouth for entering and one for easy scape in.... case of emergency xD

Jallorn
2011-01-01, 12:22 AM
Just thought you might be interested in this here thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176276).

nijineko
2011-10-22, 05:54 PM
found something relevant...

theurgic creationist does not work with artificers for two reasons:

1: artificer does not have caster level. in other words effective caster level does not equal caster level.

2: artificer is not a spellcasting class, as per infusion class feature, which the feat requires to function.

even if point one is disagreed with, point two is pretty solid.