PDA

View Full Version : Wait, 649 Pokemon? WHO HAS POCKETS THAT BIG?! - PKMN Thread 7

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Deth Muncher
2010-12-31, 02:12 AM
Hey kids, it's time for the seventh Pokemon Thread In The Playground! At the time of this posting, it's three months until Black and White. Have YOU spoiled the plot to Atlantean Troll yet? Do it. (Don't really.)

I promise I'll actually update this first post soon.

Now to the copypasta.

Hey, these here? These are friend codes (Likely out of date: If they are, post your new codes now and I'll fix them). For your friends. If you're not on here? It means you're not friendly. Also that for whatever reason they didn't get put here. If you're not here, just mention it whenever you can - don't PM me, though, since my box is almost full.
FRIEND CODES:

Legoshrimp: SoulSilver 1849 3954 2553; Diamond 2923 1445 3340.
Kobold Bard: HeartGold 4168 8792 1683.
Freako: SoulSilver 2966 0800 3851; Platinum 1333 4517 6347.
Jimp: SoulSilver 2407 7659 7056
tgva8889: Platinum 3438 0598 0009; SoulSilver 3052 0635 4414
Mattarias, King.: HeartGold 3524 4231 3529.
Linkavitch: HeartGold: 5027 8564 5267
SparkMandriller: Cart. Unknown 2277 4598 3685
B-Man: SoulSilver: 5371 4488 1062
goldfly: HeartGold: 0174 5615 7997
Deth Muncher: Platinum: 1162 2087 3138
Terry576: Diamond: 0174 5674 2515
AtlanteanTroll: Platinum: 1505 6983 3009; Soul Silver: 1291 5054 9504
master256: HeartGold:4770 4806 9656; Platinum:2450 2269 2301
The-Mage-King: Diamond: 5369 7209 0920
bue52: Platinum:0088 3371 2579; HeartGold: 0689 7808 4229
Geno9999: SoulSilver:1892 8459 0727; Pearl: 5328 7909 7435

Related to the friend codes is the IRC. I don't know what an IRC is, but it apparently is some sort of chatty thing? Use it when you want to trade with folks. It is below this sentence.

irc.quakenet.org/#pkmtrade

Also, the following members posses TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) ways of getting you TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LEGAL (cough) hacked Pokeymans.
Kobold-Bard
ryzouken
Hunter Noventa
master256

The Last Thread: And You Thought The Pokemon Thread Was Missing, No? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167090)

Helpful Links/Hints For Adventuring Ten Year Olds

Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/)
Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/)
Metalkid's Damage Calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculatorrs/Damage.aspx)
Metalkid's IV Calculator (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx)
Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

Breeding For Dummies:

So, you're tired of navigating a Pokemon thread where everyone uses fancy words and stuff? Well no worries! Here's a guide on... BREEDING FOR DUMMIES!

The main thing to remember in breeding is that there are natures that help and ones that hinder. For instance, a Special Attacker such as Mewtwo would be hindered by an Adamant nature, but helped in his stat growth by a Modest nature.

Brilliant Spreadsheet for Growth (http://pokemon.marriland.com/statcalc_dp.php).

If you're breeding for IVs, again, refer to the above spreadsheet. If the stat is at it's maximum capability, (Which is usually between 6-8), then it has a 31 IV stat, which is useful. Unfortunately, if said stat is accompanied with a hindering nature, you'll probably have to use Base Stat Up items to fix that problem.

The main thing with breeding is Egg Moves. Egg moves are moves the parent has, and passes down to a child. For instance, in my breeding of Chimchar, the egg moves are Grass Knot and Swords Dance, which are passed down to the child who gets said moves from the start.

Another Note On Breeding:

You can RNG Abuse when breeding, via tapping the Day Care Checker App right as the game starts to load another area, as in right between Solaceon and Route 209, tap, and an egg will appear.

Things the Pokemon developers didn't tell you about but really should have!; Or, How to be better than everyone!

I figured I'd just go ahead and type this out so confused people can just read it instead of having to ask in the thread. I'm helpful like that. Oh yes.

Don't feel the need to bother with this stuff unless you're playing against humans or at the Battle Frontier. You shouldn't need it for most of the game, and it can be kind of a pain.

Individual Values
Every Pokemon species has its own base stats, as you probably know. Aerodactyl are very fast but have weak defences, Blissey have huge amounts of HP, Luvdisc are terrible at everything but speed, and so on. But, in addition to the normal stat allocation, every Pokemon gets a bonus of 0-31 points applied to each stat. So a level 100 Tyranitar could have an attack stat of 273, or it could have a attack of 304. That bonus is the IV.
A Pokemon has its IVs generated the moment you meet it, or accept its egg, and there's no way to change them. You're stuck with what you've got. However, you can influence them a little, if you're willing to breed. Bred Pokemon don't randomly generate all their IVs, they inherit up to 3 from their parents. Still doesn't help that much, especially if the parents have bad IVs, but what can you do? Typically you just end up hatching like a billion eggs until you get a good one.

Effort Values
Every time you win a fight, your Pokemon get experience, but that's not all they get. Every Pokemon also gives out effort points. For every 4 effort points in a particular stat, your Pokemon gains 1 point in it. So if that Tyranitar from earlier with 304 attack had 4 attack EVs, his actual attack would be 305. If he had 252 attack EVs, it'd be 367. Sounds handy, but there are limits. You can't have more than 255 points in a single stat, and you can't have more than 510 EVs in total.
You'll see a lot of Pokemon with 252 attack/special attack EVs, 252 speed, and 4 HP, but there are a lot of ways to configure them. Defensive Pokemon will obviously focus on different things, Pokemon which use both physical and special attacks will need to split EVs between them or possibly sacrifice speed, and so on.
It's a tremendous pain to work out what EVs your Pokemon has, so you'll likely want to start with a Pokemon that you freshly hatched and work from there, though you don't have to. There are 6 berries that reduce EVs in a single stat each, so you can use those to reset your Pokemon and start from scratch. After that, just keep a careful record of what you fight, and only take down Pokemon that you know give you the EVs you want.
EV training takes a while, but there are a few ways you can speed it up. The first is an astonishingly rare status condition called Pokerus. Any Pokemon with Pokerus gets double EVs from fights, and will spread the Pokerus to any Pokemon in your party for the first 72 hours after it catches it. After those 72 hours it stops being contagious, but still gets double EVs. Pokerus has something like 1/20000 chance to appear on wild Pokemon, but with the magic of the internet I'm sure you can obtain it.
The second way to speed up EV training is through Power Items. If a Pokemon is holding the right item, they get bonus EVs from every fight. For example, a Pokemon holding a Power Lens will get 4 special attack EVs. A Pokemon holding a Power Anklet will get 4 speed EVs. A Pokemon holding a Macho Brace will just get double the EVs of whatever they're fighting. These bonuses are doubled if you have pokerus.
The third way to speed up EVs is through vitamins. Each vitamin given to a Pokemon gives them +10 EVs in a certain stat, up to a limit of 100. 1 protein gives 10 attack EVs, 10 give 100. These unfortunately aren't doubled by pokerus or items, so you'll have to pay for the full amount. Luckily money is easy to come by in these games.

Just as an example, I'll show how I EV'd my Gengar.
First, I gave him 10 calcium, and 10 carbos, so 100 special attack and 100 speed already.
After that, I gave him pokerus and a lucky egg, got him to meet a Floatzel (2 speed EVs, doubled to 4 because of Pokerus), and then sent out my Weezing to explode on it so Gengar could get all the experience, for a higher level and 100 special attack, 104 speed.
After that, I gave him a Power Lens, flew over to the Old Chateau, and killed 15 Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 from the lens, doubled to 10 from pokerus) for 150 special attack EVs, bringing my total to 250 special attack, 104 speed.
After that I equipped a power anklet and killed one more Gastly (1 special attack from Gastly, 4 speed from the anklet, doubled to 2 and 8 from Pokerus), meaning Gengar had 252 attack, and 112 speed.
Leaving the anklet equipped, I flew to Route 201, and killed 14 Starly (1 speed from Starly, 4 from the anklet, meaning 10 speed per starly thanks to Pokerus), for a total of 252 attack, 252 speed.
All that was left after that was to kill a Bidoof with a Power Weight (1 HP from Bidoof, 4 from the Weight, 10 thanks to Pokerus, although I only gained 6 points because I hit the EV cap), leaving my Gengar with 252 special attack EVs, 252 Speed, and 4 HP, just how I wanted him.
Roughly an hour's work, and one Pokemon down.

tl;dr: The simplified version of EVs/IVs - EVs are gained by fighting other pokemon. They vary by the pokemon defeated. They increase your stats for every 4 gained. IVs are inherent to a pokemon. They increase stats for every point possessed, and range from 0 to 31. EVs have to be manually tracked or else removed entirely with certain berries. IVs can be checked by knowing the EVs of a pokemon and then plugging its stats into an IV calculator. The higher the pokemon's level, the more accurate; level 100 wifi battles provide maximum accuracy.

Thanks go to whoever I stole this from, for the useful summary - It was probably Spark Mandriller, but I don't remember. Claim credit, yo!

Last order of business - suggest a better thread title.

Mando Knight
2010-12-31, 04:54 AM
Fact that I was not aware of. In spoilers for Atlantean Troll's benefit.
Ash's new traveling buddy? The girl who lacked a bike for his Pikachu to electrocute? Is the eighth gym leader in White. A return to form from the ol' RGBY days, when Brock and Misty were his gym leader buddies.

In Black, though, she's just a Draco Meteor tutor. Her counterpart is mayor of the city, teaches Meteor to White's dragons, and has an awesome beard.

Dragonus45
2010-12-31, 07:44 AM
I'm loving the new series a lot already, what with binging Giovanni back it seems like a return to form. I may end up watching the whole series instead of the end tourney like i did for the last few seasons. Now all we need is his new hat.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-12-31, 09:56 AM
Fact that I was not aware of. In spoilers for Atlantean Troll's benefit.
Ash's new traveling buddy? The girl who lacked a bike for his Pikachu to electrocute? Is the eighth gym leader in White. A return to form from the ol' RGBY days, when Brock and Misty were his gym leader buddies.

In Black, though, she's just a Draco Meteor tutor. Her counterpart is mayor of the city, teaches Meteor to White's dragons, and has an awesome beard.

Well thanks for the thought, but I've learned that already. Part of the reason I'm getting Black is that I want her to be in my Game as little as possible. She was introuced as an "Anime Only" character.

FAIL.

Friend Code for Platinum: 1505 6983 3009
Friend Code for Soul Silver: 1291 5054 9504

(For Deth Muncher to add to the first post.)

Qwertystop
2010-12-31, 10:41 AM
My Heartgold FC (to be added to first post):4770 4806 9656
My Platinum FC (Again, for first post):2450 2269 2301
And I have pokesav, so I can hack pokemon in for you.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-31, 11:17 AM
'sup. Friend code for Diamond: 5369 7209 0920 - Irksome.

And I have an action replay as well. All I use it for is rare candies, though.

EDIT: New thread title suggestion: Wait, 649 of them? They won't fit in our pocket...

bue52
2010-12-31, 11:20 AM
If anyone wants to trade my Platinum FC is : 0088 3371 2579

I'm currently transferring my pseudo-competitive pokemon: EV trained but not optimised to Hearth Gold: 0689 7808 4229

Geno9999
2010-12-31, 11:51 AM
I do believe I posted my friend codes on the previous thread so...
Soul Silver: 1892 8459 0727
Pearl: 5328 7909 7435

Oxybe, can you trade today at 4:00 (-6 GMT)?

oxybe
2010-12-31, 12:01 PM
today? no can do.

like i said in the other thread, i should be good this weekend, but tonight i'm working until 7pm (-4 GMT).

Geno9999
2010-12-31, 12:12 PM
today? no can do.

like i said in the other thread, i should be good this weekend, but tonight i'm working until 7pm (-4 GMT).

OOoooh, that's what you meant. Okay, would tomorrow work for you then?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-12-31, 12:18 PM
I just got a Nightmare Fuel thought about Black/White, posted it on TvTropes, and now the plot Lopunnies are in the Daycare center with an army of Dittos...

N. A single-letter name heavily implies disposability. By giving a letter (Or number) instead of a real name, like Nicholas, or Nathaniel, or whatever, implies that N is just one of many on a factory line of sorts, completely disposable if he didn't work out.

If you opened this spoiler, I'll assume you know the actual backstory behind N. What happened to A through M?! :eek:

Qwertystop
2010-12-31, 12:18 PM
Anyone up for a battle?
Friendcode is 4770 4806 9656
Name is Argent

oxybe
2010-12-31, 12:40 PM
OOoooh, that's what you meant. Okay, would tomorrow work for you then?

yeah, tomorrow should be good.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-12-31, 12:47 PM
NEWS!

Celebi give away at Game Stop from February 27th to March 7th at Gamestop. Unlocks time travel so that you can fight Giovanni in HG/SS and can be migrated to B&W to get a free Zorua.

Partof1
2010-12-31, 01:20 PM
Very cool, AT.

Does EB Games count? I think they're the same parent company, and I have an EB Games much closer than any gamestop.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-12-31, 01:26 PM
Very cool, AT.

Does EB Games count? I think they're the same parent company, and I have an EB Games much closer than any gamestop.

I dunno' I got that info. from Serebii, and they don't say anything about EB Games. I guess the thing to do would be to see if they've given out Gamestop only downloads in the past.

Dragero
2010-12-31, 01:55 PM
NEWS!

Celebi give away at Game Stop from February 27th to March 7th at Gamestop. Unlocks time travel so that you can fight Giovanni in HG/SS and can be migrated to B&W to get a free Zorua.

Eb Games = GameStop

Same website
Same newsletter
Same deals
The mall closest to my house has both an EB and a gamestop, and they share inventories and tell people to go to the other store if they don't have a copy of the thing you're lookng for.

Also, YAY!

oxybe
2010-12-31, 02:00 PM
here's hoping, since i recently realized we don't have a gamestop proper in my city but an EB games instead.

Partof1
2010-12-31, 02:04 PM
Well, that's good news for me. I don't want a Celebii too badly, but I do want to time travel, so now I can.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-12-31, 02:05 PM
YIPPEE!!! So many events in the next couple of months!

ryzouken
2010-12-31, 02:54 PM
Ah-HAH! *points dramatically*

For 10 long years, it has evaded me. 10 years of my hunting it, searching every nook and cranny of over 5 games. I've even delved into the forbidden arts in a bid at unlocking some bit of code in one of my games that would bring it to me. For the longest time; O! these 10 years... it has eluded me.

The 27th of February my infernal wait shall end. At last, long last! I shall possess it... the two hundred fifty first... Celebi.

*madcackle*

Geno9999
2010-12-31, 04:06 PM
NEWS!

WANT. OH. SO. MUCH.

It's about time we got Celebi in an event. I hope that the EB games/Gamestop at the mall does the event.

AtlanteanTroll
2010-12-31, 04:24 PM
WANT. OH. SO. MUCH.

It's about time we got Celebi in an event. I hope that the EB games/Gamestop at the mall does the event.

:smallconfused:

... Are you saying that because it's in the mall, or because it's an EB Games, not a Gamestop?

The-Mage-King
2010-12-31, 05:04 PM

Looks like it's finally...

:smallcool:

Time to catch 'em all.

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

ryzouken
2010-12-31, 05:05 PM
Perhaps they're saying it because some store managers simply cannot be bothered to attend to an event such as these. It's fairly frustrating as the guy who has to drive out of his way to a different store ACROSS TOWN, merely because the closer store's manager opted in the big regional meeting to "not deal with the hassle."

I don't think they realize that when I come into their store for an event, I'm more likely to see something that's interesting, or that I'll use THEIR store for my preorder instead of a different vendor all together. Sigh...

Suffice to say, not all gamestops do the pokemon events, though all really ought to.

Looks like it's finally...

:smallcool:

Time to catch 'em all.

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Man, I hear that...

Deth Muncher
2010-12-31, 05:11 PM

... Are you saying that because it's in the mall, or because it's an EB Games, not a Gamestop?

Electronics Boutique and GameStop are the same company. GameStop bought EB a long time ago.

/GameStop employee

EDIT: GameStop and Barnes and Noble also used to be the same company, since they were owned by the same family. However, a few years ago B&N's stock went public, and thus the partnership ended.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6Zs43iBBhgk/Si017xaFHoI/AAAAAAAAAHs/t243wwvPV_U/s320/nbc_the_more_you_know1-300x197.jpg

The-Mage-King
2010-12-31, 05:14 PM
'sup. Friend code for Diamond: 5369 7209 0920 - Irksome.

And I have an action replay as well. All I use it for is rare candies, though.

Hey, Deth, mind putting this into the list at the top?

Deth Muncher
2010-12-31, 05:15 PM
Hey, Deth, mind putting this into the list at the top?

Derp. Missed that when I was doing the quick-edit-spree earlier.

EDIT: Speaking of things to go in the first post, if you've run across any neat articles that should be in the first post, or if you write any, let me know and I'll link/copypasta them.

Geno9999
2010-12-31, 05:51 PM

This might take a little bit to explain more fully:
I tagged along with one of my older brothers to a Dragon Quest IX event at Gamestop. The problem was that the Gamestop that we usually go to didn't hold the event, but gave us general directions towards a Gamestop that did.
I was simply hoping that this event wouldn't produce the same results, as we had to spend several hours in the car, trying to find the right Gamestop.

EDIT: So I wouldn't double post: Deth Muncher, you misspelled my username at the list of FCs; it has four 9s, not three.

ryzouken
2010-12-31, 06:36 PM
and, in fact, I have had similar issues with Pokemon events with Gamestop, though mine was only 20 minutes of driving instead of hours (I also knew where the other stores were)

Just cause it's advertised as "All Gamestops" don't mean it's all Gamestops.
Kinda like cheapo chezburgerz. Not all locations may participate.

Mc. Lovin'
2011-01-01, 08:39 AM
Bluh bluh why are there never any cool pokemon giveaways in the UK

oxybe
2011-01-01, 10:29 AM
geno, should we try today at around 6pm (-4GMT)/4pm (-6 GMP?)

Geno9999
2011-01-01, 10:59 AM
geno, should we try today at around 6pm (-4GMT)/4pm (-6 GMP?)

Correct.
I already put down your FC in my palpad, so you should show up when I put up a trade.

ryzouken
2011-01-01, 02:12 PM
Bluh bluh why are there never any cool pokemon giveaways in the UK

Dunno.

But I hear that if you apply properly it only takes a couple of years to migrate to the US...

Maybe a student visa or a quick vacation trip? It IS 3 weeks...

Sacrifice for your mons, darnit! They sacrifice for you! (especially the ones who self-destruct... that cannot be comfortable.)

EDIT: it comes to mind, that if I am able to use my Plat and Diamond carts, I'll have two extra sets of legendary dogs... Given that I'm able to obtain them, I wonder how well a west coast US to UK trade would function...

Dragero
2011-01-01, 02:19 PM
Dunno.

But I hear that if you apply properly it only takes a couple of years to migrate to the US...

Maybe a student visa or a quick vacation trip? It IS 3 weeks...

Sacrifice for your mons, darnit! They sacrifice for you! (especially the ones who self-destruct... that cannot be comfortable.)

EDIT: it comes to mind, that if I am able to use my Plat and Diamond carts, I'll have two extra sets of legendary dogs... Given that I'm able to obtain them, I wonder how well a west coast US to UK trade would function...

OOOOOR save money and buy an action replay/whatever you feel like downloading to hack in mons.

ryzouken
2011-01-01, 02:41 PM
Not as cool as getting legit mons...

Otherwise, I was just reading a blurb about the 13th pokemon movie on nintendo's site...

...it mentions celebi coming back after being gone 20 years in the continuity. Given that the protagonist has MET Celebi... how OLD is Ash now? 34?

I mean, I guess you could argue that temporal continuity gets FUBAR'ed when you're capable of bending spacetime around like a crazy straw, but still...

Mando Knight
2011-01-01, 03:18 PM
...it mentions celebi coming back after being gone 20 years in the continuity. Given that the protagonist has MET Celebi... how OLD is Ash now? 34?

I mean, I guess you could argue that temporal continuity gets FUBAR'ed when you're capable of bending spacetime around like a crazy straw, but still...
Celebi came back to that city after 20 years. Also, could have been a different Celebi from the 4th movie one.

ryzouken
2011-01-01, 03:31 PM
Celebi came back to that city after 20 years. Also, could have been a different Celebi from the 4th movie one.

There can be only one!
Makes more sense. I admit I only skimmed the posting, mostly looking for a date of showing, that part just jumped out at me. It does beg the question, given that not all of the movies are considered canon at all times, I wonder how long it HAS been since that day so long ago that Ash received a Pikachu from Oak.
I'd also pay solid cash to see a Pokemon anime where Oak was tearing it up in the tournament scene in his glory days, before becoming the prof...

13 Movie Spoiler Club yo! Keep out unless you want yo stuff spoilt!

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-01, 04:05 PM
13 Movie Spoiler Club yo! Keep out unless you want yo stuff spoilt!

Forget the 13th, now we have to worry about the 14th.

Can Victini talk? Celebi couldn't, and neither could Jirachi, but Shaymin could. Which I personally didn't like.

Geno9999
2011-01-01, 05:15 PM
Oxybe, you got everything you wanted? Everything on my end went well.

oxybe
2011-01-01, 06:59 PM
yuppers! got the mawile just fine with the bonus of getting a feebas off the GTS i forgot i requested ages ago.

t'is a great way to kick off the new year

MartytheBioGuy
2011-01-02, 02:00 AM
So, question. If I don't have the national dex, can I get the gerbils? I doubt they're on the regional dex, and I just got my game last week. I was planning to go to Gamestop on tuesday to get my precious Raikou... :drools: but then realized that I don't want to get there and make a fool of myself. But I really, really, really want a Raikou. And Entei. Suicune can mostly suck it. Kinda.

And also on the Celebi, for that matter. I've not yet used my wireless because wireless at my parents' house is stupid, so I don't know the rules of this stuff!

Mando Knight
2011-01-02, 02:52 AM
You're funny. Raikou is sweet, especially with those exclusive moves, but Suicune's where it's at, being the classic Bulky Water (other than Vaporeon and relative newcomers Swampert and Milotic, of course). Entei essentially lacks a movepool outside of the event-exclusive Flare Blitz and Extremespeed.

As to whether you can get them and your Pokédex:
Yes, you can acquire them without it in any Gen IV game (since the dev team decided that the restriction imposed in FRLG was stupid after all), but unless you have a compatible Pokédex, they won't be listed until you get the National Dex. If you're playing HG/SS, though, the Gerbils are in the Johto Dex due to their origin as Johto Pokémon. (The Gen IV evolutions of Gen II Pokémon also made it into the new Johto Dex, by the way. Except the Sinnoh-exclusive evolutions of Eevee and Magneton, since they require environmental influences only found there and in Unova.)

Also, you won't be able to control them unless you have the appropriate badge (since they count as traded Pokémon), so don't go thinking you can just roflstomp the first few gyms (you need the fourth badge to command them from levels 40 to 50) with them.

MartytheBioGuy
2011-01-02, 03:26 AM
Well, there's a lot to respond to there...

A) Meh. I play for fun. Raikou and Entei look cooler than Suicune in my opinion. And I like electric as a type.

B) Okay. And for the record, I have Platinum, so it was a legitimate concern in my mind.

C) Yeah, I figured. I have been playing basically nonstop since I got it, and will have no problem controlling them. Just today I showed Candice who's boss with my Rampardos and Houndoom. With some help from Bonaparte, my Empoleon.

So yeah.

tgva8889
2011-01-02, 07:49 AM
So many events...god, how am I going to figure out what Mystery Gift cards to destroy permanently? I have to get my Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Celebi! I still haven't actually obtained my Mew or Jirachi yet!

Which reminds me, I still have to finish my first all-Smeargle run of Heartgold.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-02, 08:12 AM
So many events...god, how am I going to figure out what Mystery Gift cards to destroy permanently? I have to get my Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Celebi! I still haven't actually obtained my Mew or Jirachi yet!

This is why I enjoy having 3 games. Platinum has the Rotom Card and Darkrai Card. Heart Gold has Mew and Gracedia. I was given a Jirachi on the GTS... I wont lose any Pokemon if I destroy a card right?

EDIT: WTH was Nintendo thinking? March 7th is a Monday!! :smallfurious:

tgva8889
2011-01-02, 08:19 AM
I might have to buy another game...god, this is getting silly. As much as I loved Gold and Silver, I'm not sure I could play through Heartgold or Soulsilver again.

Vorpal word
2011-01-02, 10:16 AM
My rating for the legendary beasts (not dogs, definitely beasts; I think Raikou looks like a tiger for sure):

1. Raikou
2. Suicune
3. Entei

This includes both how useful they are and how cool they look. Personally I think Calm Mind Raikou is better than Suicune since he'll still be able to wall after he gets the boost up...he'll just also be able to zap the pants off your enemies!

How do you get Mew? I really want Mew and Celebi!!!

ryzouken
2011-01-02, 12:52 PM
You missed the Mew giveaway by about 2-3 months now (got my Mew Oct 24). Best bet is to have someone clone one for you or maybe you'll get lucky and someone will have a spare for you.

Celebi will be available at the end of April. Just walk into a participating Gamestop location and win more.

Deletion of Wonder Cards will not delete your mons/routes/items. It just stops you from sharing event stuff to other players.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-02, 03:15 PM
You missed the Mew giveaway by about 6-8 months now. Best bet is to have someone clone one for you or maybe you'll get lucky and someone will have a spare for you.

Not that long ago. Maybe 2 or 3.

Deletion of Wonder Cards will not delete your mons/routes/items. It just stops you from sharing event stuff to other players.

OK, that's fine then.

Mando Knight
2011-01-02, 03:35 PM
Personally I think Calm Mind Raikou is better than Suicune since he'll still be able to wall after he gets the boost up...he'll just also be able to zap the pants off your enemies!
Normally, Suicune has better type coverage than Raikou both offensively and defensively (Raikou has only one weakness, but it's Ground. Suicune can generally discount its Grass weakness, leaving mostly Electric offense, which is generally fairly obvious when employed. Without the event-kou's Aura Sphere, it has Shadow Ball, Extrasensory, and Thunderbolt for coverage. Suicune has the same moves, except replacing Thunderbolt with both Ice Beam and Surf. Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball has perfect neutral coverage, but Shadow/Bolt has slightly less powerful coverage compared to Surf/Ice and definitely worse compared to Surf/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball. Psychic moves have little coverage at all, generally just taking up space that could be used for Calm Mind or such.) and is better equipped as a wall (it gets Calm Mind as well, and 100/115/115 defenses compared to Raikou's 90/75/100. One of its new toys, Aqua Ring, is a stall move that can replace Rest), while Raikou is better acting like the Pokémon-ification of lightning like it is: blitz through the enemies with powerful moves, then pull back when threatened. Both are powerful, but Suicune is better defensively while Raikou is better offensively.

Darwin
2011-01-02, 06:29 PM
Everyone, allow me to present the fruit of over 15 hours of ingame hard breeding labor:

Scizor
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
IVs: 27, 28 HP / 27, 28 Atk / 30, 31 Def / 22, 23 S. Atk / 24, 25 S. Def / 31 Spe (calculated at level 48, all IVs listed are possible, I have yet to level her to a point where it's 100% determined)
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

100% Legit, I am so very, very proud. :smallbiggrin: The plan is to have someone take her over into a Platinum game and teach her Bullet Punch and Superpower and use her as a Choice Bander on my OU team.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-02, 06:38 PM
Everyone, allow me to present the fruit of over 15 hours on ingame hard breeding labor:

Scizor
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
IVs: 27, 28 HP / 27, 28 Atk / 30, 31 Def / 22, 23 S. Atk / 24, 25 S. Def / 31 Spe (calculated at level 48, all IVs listed are possible, I have yet to level her to a point where it's 100% determined)
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

100% Legit, I am so very, very proud. :smallbiggrin: The plan is to have someone take her over into a Platinum game and teach her Bullet Punch and Superpower and use her as a Choice Bander on my OU team.

Oh nice. Very, very nice. *Is jealous*

God I wish my Lucario had that nature and those stats. But she's shiny; I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Partof1
2011-01-02, 06:46 PM
Impressive. That is one scary Scizor.

SparkMandriller
2011-01-02, 06:56 PM
Personally I think Calm Mind Raikou is better than Suicune since he'll still be able to wall after he gets the boost up...he'll just also be able to zap the pants off your enemies!

And then a ground type comes in, and he's completely screwed.

tgva8889
2011-01-02, 07:32 PM
And then a ground type comes in, and he's completely screwed.

Thus why the majority competitive Raikou sets either use Hidden Power, Choice Items (which necessitate a lot of switching in and out), or both. If you don't have access to hacking or ridiculously large amounts of free time to breed, this option is infinitely less viable. I guess unless you're the luckiest Trainer ever.

Vorpal word
2011-01-02, 07:57 PM
Oh well, at least Raikou was actually AROUND to save my butt from the Johto Elite Four. Unlike Suicune, who was hiding somewhere in Kanto while the storm raged.

deuxhero
2011-01-02, 08:03 PM
My rating for the legendary beasts (not dogs, definitely beasts; I think Raikou looks like a tiger for sure):

1. Raikou
2. Suicune
3. Entei

This includes both how useful they are and how cool they look. Personally I think Calm Mind Raikou is better than Suicune since he'll still be able to wall after he gets the boost up...he'll just also be able to zap the pants off your enemies!

How do you get Mew? I really want Mew and Celebi!!!

I've gota LOTsa Mew (Its the gen 3 "mystery" one given away at Toys R Us cloened in emerald).

Have anything on this list
(https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1Wkqh8YkwUGDZSpU6khBoG6CESUZ5eM8pzuc10X2dl IU&hl=en&pli=1) (FC is in list)? I will trade for something off it.

Geno9999
2011-01-02, 10:15 PM
deux, in 4th Gen, I assume you're missing the preevos, yes?
*continues looking through*
my my, I think I can prove you with most of the Gen 4 pokemon on the list. However, from the look of things, I assume you have Diamond? Burmy should be common on Honey trees, and Croagunk, while rare, can be found in the Safari Zone.

Iyellalot
2011-01-02, 10:58 PM
Fun Fact: In Japan, there was never a "gotta catch 'em all" slogan or anything like it.

Mando Knight
2011-01-02, 11:05 PM
or anything like it.

Oh, really? Not even "ポケモンゲットだぜー!" (Pokémon Get da ze!)?

Iyellalot
2011-01-02, 11:07 PM
Hmmm... Maybe I should start double-checking my sources...

Mando Knight
2011-01-02, 11:15 PM
It's famous enough in Japan that Kagami was the one that made the reference in Lucky Star instead of Konata.

ryzouken
2011-01-02, 11:23 PM
<.< >.> I've been watching that as they've become available on Crunchyroll...

Which episode did she reference it and why did I miss it (or did I?)
Konata is flippin hilarious, btw.

But yes. Tomorrow. First Legendary Dog issues. Raikou. *ahem* Yes.

*works feverishly to unlock Mystery Gift on his long neglected Diamond cart*

tgva8889
2011-01-02, 11:26 PM
*works feverishly to unlock Mystery Gift on his long neglected Diamond cart*

You don't have to unlock it if it's a Gamestop giveaway. Just go to the store and it'll automatically appear. I think, anyways. It did that for me.

Mando Knight
2011-01-02, 11:31 PM
<.< >.> I've been watching that as they've become available on Crunchyroll...
...And I can watch them any time I've got access to a DVD player (http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Star-Anime-Legends/dp/B002M2T21C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294028821&sr=8-1). :smalltongue:

ryzouken
2011-01-03, 12:07 AM
*glare*

My funds tend toward things like food, rent, Pokemon games, L5R, and D&D... anime series are... problematic.

One day, though, I'd like to buy meself all of Gurren Lagann... Someday...

In other news, I managed to unlock Mystery Gift. I also remembered how horrible Diamond was with regard to its menu interface (HG spoiled me, I think) That is all.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-03, 12:50 AM
Is there some way to calculate how much experience a pokemon will need to evolve?

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-03, 03:30 AM
Well, folks, today marks the first day that Shiny Raikou is available for download. Considering that it's 3 AM where I am, I can't exactly get it just yet. :V

Also I'll post Friend Codes whenever I get around to remembering them.

SparkMandriller
2011-01-03, 07:44 AM
Thus why the majority competitive Raikou sets either use Hidden Power, Choice Items (which necessitate a lot of switching in and out), or both.

And even then you're still screwed by either Swampert or Gliscor, unless you've got HP ice and grass at the same time. Get a better movepool, Raikou, seriously.

Is there some way to calculate how much experience a pokemon will need to evolve?

Just work out how much they'll need to get to the level they evolve at. That's not hard, is it? Well, I mean, I guess it is, the exp formulas are completely ridiculous, but it's not like there aren't big tables of them precalculated online. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience#Table, oh man.

tgva8889
2011-01-03, 12:45 PM
And even then you're still screwed by either Swampert or Gliscor, unless you've got HP ice and grass at the same time. Get a better movepool, Raikou, seriously.

I dunno, Gliscor's Special Defense isn't that awesome. Taking even a high-powered Neutral attack probably sucks a lot. That said, yes, that's why Raikou's not OU.

ryzouken
2011-01-03, 04:02 PM
so...uh... all my Raikou ended up Rash natured.
I'm guessing that's the case of all the event Raikou or am I just (un)lucky?

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-03, 04:06 PM
Nope, every shiny Raikou you get from events has a Rash nature. You're not unlucky. :smalltongue:

Mauve Shirt
2011-01-03, 04:13 PM
I got Soul Silver for Christmas, today I'm about to beat the elite four.
Question about the "right" way to play pokemon! Is it better to build a party with different types of pokemon all similar levels, or play only with your starter until he's ridiculously high level and can plow through everything regardless of type?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-03, 04:14 PM
I got Soul Silver for Christmas, today I'm about to beat the elite four.
Question about the "right" way to play pokemon! Is it better to build a party with different types of pokemon all similar levels, or play only with your starter until he's ridiculously high level and can plow through everything regardless of type?

It's pokemon. Any way is fine. You can play a team of six rattata if you want! Have fun with it!

When I was younger I used to only use the starter. Now, I use all six pokemon. Personally, I like using all of the pokemon of varied moves and types, but whatever you like. :smallsmile:

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-03, 04:16 PM
You can play a team of six rattata if you want! Have fun with it!

Yes! I like this idea! And you can spout about how they're in the top percen-*SHOT*

absolmorph
2011-01-03, 04:28 PM
Yes! I like this idea! And you can spout about how they're in the top percen-*SHOT*
Hey, that Rattata really is in the top percent.

MartytheBioGuy
2011-01-03, 04:33 PM
It's pokemon. Any way is fine. You can play a team of six rattata if you want! Have fun with it!

When I was younger I used to only use the starter. Now, I use all six pokemon. Personally, I like using all of the pokemon of varied moves and types, but whatever you like. :smallsmile:

Yeah, I mostly think of the "only use the starter" strategy as something we all did in third grade or whenever we discovered pokemon. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child...

When I became a man, Giratina, Empoleon, Luxray, Houndoom, Staraptor, and Rampardos helped me pwnage every trainer who tried to stand in our way. I like my current lineup, but I had to nix my Glaceon to put Giratina on the team, and I miss my little sherpa fox...

Geno9999
2011-01-03, 05:06 PM
I don't think I ever used the "Use only Starter" when I played pokemon. At all. Of course, my first pokemon experience was Colosseum, and there I sort of developed "use legendaries" mindset that I used until during one of my Pearl run throughs.
It also gave me a good idea of how the Double Battle works, since EVERY battle was a double battle in Colosseum, and coherence in the group was required to pass through the Ciper Admins.

Deth Muncher
2011-01-03, 05:08 PM
On an unrelated note to everything but Pokemon, my girlfriend somehow managed to miss the Pokemon craze when she was a kid (I blame going to an all-girls Catholic school). I just got her playing Fire Red and she's loving it.

Pokemon - strengthening relationships, two nerds at a time. :P

Mando Knight
2011-01-03, 05:12 PM
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child...
...And Charizard and Blastoise were the most awesomest things in the history of awesome...

MartytheBioGuy
2011-01-03, 05:41 PM
...And Charizard and Blastoise were the most awesomest things in the history of awesome...

Hold up! When did that stop being true? :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2011-01-03, 05:44 PM
The important thing is that Charizard and Blastoise aren't available as starters in the current games.

Iyellalot
2011-01-03, 06:39 PM
Alright, I got a shiny Raikou at Gamestop! Can't wait to transfer it to the White Version I preordered.

ryzouken
2011-01-03, 07:21 PM
On the subject of oddball teams, I completed the latter half of Platinum with an Eeveelution team. Nothing but 6x eevee evolutions, no duplications. Glaceon, Leafeon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, and Espeon.

I do not recommend it...

My HG team right now is looking somewhat silly as well... Dragonite, Garchomp, Flygon, Salamence, Lapras, and Arkanine... Sweep sweep sweep...

I should probably train up a Kingdra and Alteria, just for a full dragon team... Or I suppose I could use Latios/as...

Heehee... When Black comes out one could form an all legendary dragon team... Rayquaza, Latios/as, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Giratina... lots of possibilities there... Lots of sub types as well for some interesting coverage.. Flying, Psychic, Steel, Water, Fire, Electricity, Ice, Ghost...

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-03, 07:25 PM
The important thing is that Charizard and Blastoise aren't available as starters in the current games.

Yeah, but Snivy's pretty cool and Oshawott's evolutions are nice too.

*Sigh* Not the same as Charizard and Blastoise though. :smalltongue:

Partof1
2011-01-03, 07:31 PM
Oh, darnit, I had a good nickname for Snivy, but forgot it. Shoulda wrote it somewhere.

EifieFlare
2011-01-03, 07:36 PM
On the subject of oddball teams, I completed the latter half of Platinum with an Eeveelution team. Nothing but 6x eevee evolutions, no duplications. Glaceon, Leafeon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, and Espeon.

I do not recommend it...

Eh? I just did that myself a few weeks ago cause I had nothing to do, and I had no problems tearing apart whatever the game threw at me. I had mostly the same set as you, except I replaced Flareon with Jolteon. Granted, Umbreon was mostly dead weight since it's generally more of a wall than an attacker, but the other 5 made up for it. My friend did the same thing too, except in Soul Silver instead of Platinum.

It seems like there are lots of people who like doing some sort of theme for their teams now when playing through the games. It reminds me of the NPC trainers actually.

Oh, darnit, I had a good nickname for Snivy, but forgot it. Shoulda wrote it somewhere.

I'm still naming mine Smugleaf when I get it. I don't care if it's overused as heck now, it was great when it came out. :smalltongue:

Or I could name it Excalibur or something, I suppose...

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-03, 07:39 PM

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape...:smallbiggrin:

Partof1
2011-01-03, 07:44 PM
No, I think it was a play on the word "arrogant" or a synonym.

John Cribati
2011-01-03, 08:08 PM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience#Table

http://www.zimbio.com/go/1jdhjlEKWS_/http://johnjohnsaidit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/sean-diddy-combs.png

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-03, 08:18 PM
I just beat the 8th gym leader in the SoulSilver game I got yesterday. Thank god for Blizzard and hyper potions. I'm scared of the Elite 4, though.

Also, now Slowbro is my favorite pokemon.

Geno9999
2011-01-03, 08:41 PM

You mean Smugleaf?

Partof1
2011-01-03, 08:53 PM
Haha, not quite. I wouldn't have forgotten that.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-03, 09:02 PM
No, I'm saying that Snape would be a good nickname for Snivy.

ryzouken
2011-01-03, 09:09 PM
Eh? I just did that myself a few weeks ago cause I had nothing to do, and I had no problems tearing apart whatever the game threw at me. I had mostly the same set as you, except I replaced Flareon with Jolteon. Granted, Umbreon was mostly dead weight since it's generally more of a wall than an attacker, but the other 5 made up for it. My friend did the same thing too, except in Soul Silver instead of Platinum.

I only recall that my E4 run on that game was harsh. I barely scraped through, with the last enemy mon falling due to Flareon out-speeding them. If I had not gone first, I would have lost, as Flareon was 1 hit away from gone and he was my last...

Skin of my teeth.

Members of the team still get used from time to time, but by and large they languid within the PC, resting, recuperating, waiting... plotting...

Totally hear you on the Umbreon. Primarily handy for setting up Mean Look and Baton Passing out.

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-03, 09:26 PM
I should have kept my Eeve, De Myx, at level 8...

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-03, 09:26 PM
Anyone have tips on raising a Toxicroak? Natures? Abilities? Moveset?

absolmorph
2011-01-03, 09:44 PM
So, I went to the mall today with my friends. We went to Gamestop.
One was kinda laughing about feeling like a geek because she had gotten two Raikous. I asked her how many games she brought.
Once she told me two, I pulled out my wallet and revealed my 4 games.
Then downloaded 4 shiny Raikous.
:smallamused:

deuxhero
2011-01-03, 10:53 PM
deux, in 4th Gen, I assume you're missing the preevos, yes?
*continues looking through*
my my, I think I can prove you with most of the Gen 4 pokemon on the list. However, from the look of things, I assume you have Diamond? Burmy should be common on Honey trees, and Croagunk, while rare, can be found in the Safari Zone.

No, I have the pre-evos, I'm just too lazy to go and evolve them (the 3 gen 1 guys I plan on trading in from XD, cloning and importing this week. Celebi has an event next month and is optional anyways). Cloning mews (or shiny Hopip/numel for the matter) is a lot less boring.

The reason? Well leveling in gen 4 is rather annoying IMO, and they all evolve at such high levels/annoying methods.

Deth Muncher
2011-01-03, 10:54 PM

Arroplant?

tgva8889
2011-01-04, 01:54 AM
Y'know, I just realized something. The Entei from the giveaway is actually usable! Adamant Nature? Howl and Extremespeed? FLARE BLITZ? Wow, an Entei with decent moves on it! I mean, yeah Entei's moveset has no good fourth move to offer except, like, maybe Rest or Sub? But it's better than what Entei usually gets, and the nature is actually a good one.

Edit: I guess the Suicune is usable, too, but only because Suicune's entire competitive moveset consists of TMs. Since you can already soft-reset for a good Suicune...not as special. The Raikou having a Rash nature is slightly iffy on his awesomeness. Having Aura Sphere is alright, though.

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-04, 02:37 AM
Y'know, I just realized something. The Entei from the giveaway is actually usable! Adamant Nature? Howl and Extremespeed? FLARE BLITZ? Wow, an Entei with decent moves on it! I mean, yeah Entei's moveset has no good fourth move to offer except, like, maybe Rest or Sub? But it's better than what Entei usually gets, and the nature is actually a good one.

Edit: I guess the Suicune is usable, too, but only because Suicune's entire competitive moveset consists of TMs. Since you can already soft-reset for a good Suicune...not as special. The Raikou having a Rash nature is slightly iffy on his awesomeness. Having Aura Sphere is alright, though.

I'm looking forward to this Entei. :3

On a related note, I finished up my Piggy Run of Pokemon White on Youtube, moving onto a Snivy Run soon. I've got a good idea on who I want to use in this run (particularly Hermit Crab and Sandile). Any thoughts on a Water type to balance things out? I was thinking maybe using Puriril or Koaruhii when I'm able to get them.

ryzouken
2011-01-04, 03:41 AM
Rash isn't a terrible nature to have. He'll hit like a ton of bricks when he gets to hit, and if you dump EV's into Speed you might be able to make things a little better.

Smogon is just recommendations, yo.

tgva8889
2011-01-04, 03:58 AM
Rash isn't a terrible nature to have. He'll hit like a ton of bricks when he gets to hit, and if you dump EV's into Speed you might be able to make things a little better.

Smogon is just recommendations, yo.

Rash isn't terrible, but isn't it a -S. Def nature, right? Makes Calm Mind less of an option, so it's not as good as it could be. Though with the addition of Aura Sphere, you have enough moves that you can just stick a Choice item on him and go to town.

Not saying it's not good, but the loss of Calm Mind is a small issue.

bue52
2011-01-04, 07:51 AM
Dear Giants in the Pokemon playground,
I have a small dilemma, the shiny Machamp I have is perfect, it has no guard, it can be the perfect attacker, well except for the fact that it has only one IV that is above 20, and has a nature of Calm. I probably won't use it in competitive, but is there anyway to make her competent enough for the Battle Frontier?

Darwin
2011-01-04, 07:54 AM
I have a small dilemma, the shiny Machamp I have is perfect, it has no guard, it can be the perfect attacker, well except for the fact that it has only one IV that is above 20, and has a nature of Calm. I probably won't use it in competitive, but is there anyway to make her competent enough for the Battle Frontier?

Just EV train it and call it a day. Battle Frontier is hardly a challenge where you'll need perfect IVs, I'm tearing through battles with my neutral nature Gyarados with completely messed up EVs and poor IVs with no trouble.

On another note. Does anyone with a platinum game want to help me out by trading over my Scizor, teach it Bullet Punch and send it back? I'll gladly trade you some mons or items for the favor :smallbiggrin:

bue52
2011-01-04, 08:08 AM
I have lots of heartscales to spare on my platinum. You got a stunky to trade? Or a spiritomb?

Oh and for some reason the battle frontier is annoyingly tough for me, I have yet to get any gold sticker-thingies.

Darwin
2011-01-04, 08:53 AM
I have lots of heartscales to spare on my platinum. You got a stunky to trade? Or a spiritomb?

Oh and for some reason the battle frontier is annoyingly tough for me, I have yet to get any gold sticker-thingies.

I don't have Spiritomb, and the process to catch one seems kind of long-winded, but I could easily get you a Stunky for you on my Diamond game.

Edit: I just found out that I do indeed have a Spiritomb lying around in one of my boxes. Level 25, Quirky natured. Pretty sure it doesn't have any EVs yet. My only problem now is to find an access point for teh interwebs :smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-04, 10:32 AM
Can we still get our dogs? I'm guessing no. :smallfrown:

absolmorph
2011-01-04, 01:33 PM
Rash isn't terrible, but isn't it a -S. Def nature, right? Makes Calm Mind less of an option, so it's not as good as it could be. Though with the addition of Aura Sphere, you have enough moves that you can just stick a Choice item on him and go to town.

Not saying it's not good, but the loss of Calm Mind is a small issue.
It's not exactly lost. It's just a less powerful option, and that's only because it has a not-quite-as-high S. Def.
Calm Mind is still a perfectly fine move to use with a Rash Raikou.

IVs are only really important in really, really tough competitions. In general, so long as you're not using Hidden Power, they won't be very significant.
Just EV train your Machamp and call it a day.

ryzouken
2011-01-04, 02:34 PM

Uhm... Pretty sure you can still go get yer dog.
Raikou's the first one, and he's out now.
Go to Gamestop. Before 01/09.

Mando Knight
2011-01-04, 02:43 PM

Raikou sticks around until Sunday. Entei and Suicune are waiting in the wings for their turn yet.

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-04, 02:47 PM
Oh, okay. I just want to get Raikou and Suicune because... I used my master ball on Entei so that I wouldn't have to deal with his Roar. Also, my weak little Pidgeotto got a critical hit and killed Lugia when his attacks usually delt 1 damage :smallannoyed:.

Did anyone else have trouble at Koga of the elite four's Muk? It used minimize enough times that I couldn't hit it at all and eventually my pokemon all fainted.

Mando Knight
2011-01-04, 03:03 PM
Oh, okay. I just want to get Raikou and Suicune because... I used my master ball on Entei so that I wouldn't have to deal with his Roar. Also, my weak little Pidgeotto got a critical hit and killed Lugia when his attacks usually delt 1 damage

Suicune sits still for you to catch, and all of the legendaries respawn every time you beat the Elite Four, until you catch them.

absolmorph
2011-01-04, 03:06 PM
Suicune sits still for you to catch, and all of the legendaries respawn every time you beat the Elite Four, until you catch them.
RABBARABBARABBA KIDS THESE DAYS RABBARABBARABBA SO EASY RABBARABBARABBA BACK IN MY DAY RABBARABBARABBA :smallfurious:
Seriously? That's pretty cool. I like it. And I think it also applies to the red Gyarados.

Mando Knight
2011-01-04, 03:07 PM
They borrowed the Suicune-sits-still bit from Crystal, though. :smallwink:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-04, 04:01 PM

And I have a shiny Lucario with only a couple IVs over 20 and a Calm nature. Competitive? No. Battle Frontier? Yes. Just EV train. Even though you can't run a special set, you'll be fine. I promise. :smallsmile:

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-04, 04:02 PM
Raikou sticks around until Sunday. Entei and Suicune are waiting in the wings for their turn yet.

And I've also heard that you can get Ash's Pikachu one day after Suicune starts appearing for the same amount of time. I have no idea if it's at Gamestop or if it's a Wi-Fi thing, I just heard that. Physical nature with mostly physical moves and a Light Ball.

Oh, and also Celebi's coming up too. Can't wait for that.

IthilanorStPete
2011-01-04, 04:04 PM
Wooo I have a shiny electric beast! 'Twas nice and simple to get.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-04, 04:04 PM
So, I've made a descision.

I need to EV train myself a Gallade and a Gardevoir. What should I use to train them?

IthilanorStPete
2011-01-04, 04:05 PM
To quote a post from Smogon on where to EV train:

In HGSS?

HP - Slopoke @ Slopoke Cave
Attk - Goldeen @ Route 42 (Surf)
Def - Geodude, Gligar, Graveler @ Route 45
SpA - Bell Tower (Night)
SpD - Tentacruel @ Route 34
Spe - Magikarp

The-Mage-King
2011-01-04, 04:06 PM
To quote a post from Smogon on where to EV train:

It's... Diamond, actually.

Yeah.

IthilanorStPete
2011-01-04, 04:08 PM
It's... Diamond, actually.

Yeah.

Oh.

Well. Consult this page (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_effort_value_yield) and find routes that have a lot of the 'mon that gives the EV you want.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-04, 04:41 PM
And I've also heard that you can get Ash's Pikachu one day after Suicune starts appearing for the same amount of time. I have no idea if it's at Gamestop or if it's a Wi-Fi thing, I just heard that. Physical nature with mostly physical moves and a Light Ball.

Pikachu's at Toys-R-Us, actually.

Celebi is Gamestop.

And we all know my thoughts on Celebi.

Also, does anyone have a Manaphy they can spare? I kinda need one to complete my 'Dex...

oxybe
2011-01-04, 05:40 PM
what has 2 thumbs up his armpits and an equal number of Raikous (Raikai?)?

this guy. i can confirm that EBGames does give out the Raikous (Raikai?) just like gamestop does.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-04, 05:45 PM

this guy. i can confirm that EBGames does give out the Raikous (Raikai?) just like gamestop does.

Raikou. What the heck is Raikai?

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-04, 06:08 PM
The plural of Raikou?

tgva8889
2011-01-04, 06:15 PM
The plural of Raikou is Raikou. It's a Legendary. There Can Only Be One.TM

oxybe
2011-01-04, 06:24 PM
but i have 3 (1 normal, 2 shiny)!

/headsplode

Hunter Noventa
2011-01-04, 06:33 PM

They're the same store. Just apparently some of the ebgames haven't changed their signage yet.

Mando Knight
2011-01-04, 06:33 PM
The plural of Raikou is Raikou because it's a Pokémon. All Pokémon use the Japanese rules for pluralization: a plural noun is the same as the singular.

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-04, 07:22 PM
I own several house and all of my friend enjoy thing dealing with elephant. Also I ride boat.

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-04, 08:02 PM
So how does it work exactly, the getting exclusive pokemon through stores? Do you walk up to the cashier with an open DS and they'll take care of the rest? Is it traded or do you enter in a code somewhere somehow?

IthilanorStPete
2011-01-04, 08:06 PM
You go into the store, or into range of their wireless. Go to Mystery Gift off the main menu, receive gift from wireless, make sure you have a free card slot. Then receive it, then open up your game, go to a Poke mart, talk to the guy in a green suit with an open slot in your party, and the shiny beast is yours!

Mystic Muse
2011-01-04, 08:21 PM
Does anybody have a spare metal coat or dusk stone? I'm trying to get a scizor and mismagius

Linkavitch
2011-01-04, 08:35 PM
So, my little sister bought SoulSilver recently, and I thought I remembered something about being able to share event downloads and stuff by mixing records. Any credibility, or is my head more messed up than usual?

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-04, 08:36 PM
Could you please explain

make sure you have a free card slot

And how far is the radius of the signal, you think? Could I be siting outside the store on a bench and still download it? Or is it the DS's 30 ft. wireless range?

Linkavitch
2011-01-04, 08:40 PM
He means Wonder Card. If you have a certain number of cards, you won't be able to download it. And no, getting rid of the WC won't get rid of the route or event mon or whatever, so long as you've already received it from the Green Postman at a PokeMart.

Edit: And yeah, it's probably about the 30 ft. wireless range.

Linkavitch
2011-01-04, 08:42 PM
Does anybody have a spare metal coat or dusk stone? I'm trying to get a scizor and mismagius

I have a Metal Coat. You have a Stunky, or a Turtwig?

oxybe
2011-01-04, 08:46 PM
as others said, you just need to be in range of the wireless. i didn't even have to enter the store. i was outside in the mall's entrance/lobby thingy and Pearl was all like "you got: Raikou".

so i sat down on a bench, got my 2 raikou. i then entered the store and played the demo wii with donkey kong.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-04, 09:08 PM
I have a Metal Coat. You have a Stunky, or a Turtwig?

Unfortunately no. The only things I have remotely worth trading that I'd be willing to trade are a Raikou, a Meganium, and a Khangaskhan. Also, a misdreavus, but I'm pretty sure those are fairly easy to find.

tgva8889
2011-01-05, 02:02 AM
So, my little sister bought SoulSilver recently, and I thought I remembered something about being able to share event downloads and stuff by mixing records. Any credibility, or is my head more messed up than usual?

There is an option in Mystery Gift called "Receive from Friend." If you choose that one, and your friend chooses the "Send Wonder Card" option, I'm fairly certain you can give them special Event 'mons. I know I'm planning on doing it for my friend since he doesn't get have a Pokemon game (he just got his DS and I'm getting it for his birthday).

MartytheBioGuy
2011-01-05, 06:59 AM
My Raikou's SO PRETTY. Oh, how awesome he is. And none of you people who keep track of all of your IVs and whatever can convince me he's not. Oh, Raikou, you're so pretty...

The-Mage-King
2011-01-05, 08:44 AM

What has more Raikou than he has fingers on his right hand?

Me. And I'm neither an amputee nor a mutant. Or, at least, a mutant with six fingers on his right hand.

Qwertystop
2011-01-05, 11:55 AM
I'm staying home sick today, and there's not much to do. Anyone interested in a battle?

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-05, 06:09 PM
I think if I count the 4 Raikous I got from Gamestop, I'm up to at least 6-8 of them.

SO MANY RAIKOUS. WHAT AM I TO DO WITH ALL THESE RAIKOUS.

absolmorph
2011-01-05, 06:18 PM
I think if I count the 4 Raikous I got from Gamestop, I'm up to at least 6-8 of them.

SO MANY RAIKOUS. WHAT AM I TO DO WITH ALL THESE RAIKOUS.
MAKE RAIKOU SOUP.

Qwertystop
2011-01-05, 06:33 PM
MAKE RAIKOU SOUP.
:smallconfused::smallyuk::smalleek::biggrin:

Also, I am open for a battle most of the time from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM, GMT. Most of the day on weekends. Anyone want to try?

Linkavitch
2011-01-05, 07:09 PM
found a Feebas tile in my Emerald version.:smallbiggrin:

Now I'm gonna see what natures the ones I caught have, and go try and figure out how these "Contests" work.

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-05, 08:46 PM
MAKE RAIKOU SOUP.

Hmm... That doesn't sound like a bad idea, now that you mention it...

The-Mage-King
2011-01-06, 12:51 PM
Anyone up for a battle? I'm at the library and have about an hour and a half or so free.

Linkavitch
2011-01-06, 03:16 PM
So, tomorrow, I'm going into town to download me a Shiny Raikou (SQUEE!) and I wanted to preorder Black. The way I do this is I walk up to the counter and I say "I want to preorder Pokemon Black version." Then I give them some money. Is it the whole amount, or is it just like a safety deposit sort of thing? Answers would be appreciated.

absolmorph
2011-01-06, 03:20 PM
So, tomorrow, I'm going into town to download me a Shiny Raikou (SQUEE!) and I wanted to preorder Black. The way I do this is I walk up to the counter and I say "I want to preorder Pokemon Black version." Then I give them some money. Is it the whole amount, or is it just like a safety deposit sort of thing? Answers would be appreciated.
At Gamestop, you pay a minimum of $5, and can pay more up to the game's full price.

Deth Muncher
2011-01-06, 03:34 PM
At Gamestop, you pay a minimum of $5, and can pay more up to the game's full price.

Yeah. The $5 comes off the game's price you pay at checkout - you don't pay any extra money to reserve it, and honestly, there's usually some sort of cool preorder benefit for doing so. Plus, preordering lets the store know you want a copy, so they have enough.

Also, keep in mind you have to pick up a reservation at a store you reserve it at. Some people don't understand that.

coughcough Itotallydon'tworkatGamestop coughcough Noreallywhywouldyouthinkthat coughcough

Linkavitch
2011-01-06, 03:37 PM
coughcough Itotallydon'tworkatGamestop coughcough Noreallywhywouldyouthinkthat coughcough

Awesome. if I have any questions, I'll know who to PM.:smalltongue:

Anyway, the Gamestop site says the game is 35$ If I pay minimum preorder price of 5$, that means when I pick it up in March, it'll be 30$, correct?

absolmorph
2011-01-06, 04:13 PM
Awesome. if I have any questions, I'll know who to PM.:smalltongue:

Anyway, the Gamestop site says the game is 35$ If I pay minimum preorder price of 5$, that means when I pick it up in March, it'll be 30$, correct?
You'll have to pay $30, yes.
Also, you reminded me, I should preorder my Black and White copies.
I'll do that once the next gerbil is being given out.

Linkavitch
2011-01-06, 06:57 PM
So, another quick query. (sorry it seems like I'm spamming the board with these today.)

In the Pokemon: Ranger series, is it a one time, downloadable event mission that allowed you to get a Manaphy egg, or is it in game?

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-06, 07:10 PM
I think it's in-game. I can't remember.

Xondoure
2011-01-06, 07:52 PM
So, another quick query. (sorry it seems like I'm spamming the board with these today.)

In the Pokemon: Ranger series, is it a one time, downloadable event mission that allowed you to get a Manaphy egg, or is it in game?

It was downloadable I believe. Whether it still is I don't know.

Qwertystop
2011-01-06, 08:32 PM
Battle, anyone?

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-06, 10:22 PM

I just finished Guardian Signs, so I can tell you in that game there's a downloadable Manaphy Egg you can send to any of your Pokemon DS games, there's a Heatran that comes with Eruption that you can send, and there's even a legit Shaymin you can send. Whether it comes with a Gracidea equipped or not, I don't know. As far as I know, it's a one-time thing, though- in all 3 of the games.

Speaking of Guardian Signs, I honestly loved the game. While I consider it to be shorter in plot than the first two, I really like the idea of being able to call legendary Pokemon to you via drawing a specific "sign". (Plus riding on the 3 Legendary Beasts is pretty awesome in and of itself :V) Also, what annoys me about it is the sub-plot of traveling to the past (aka the Multiplayer Wireless Missions) because they literally require you to play with 2-4 players in order to get the full effect. Otherwise you'll have to grind the hell out of your Styler by yourself because it'll do absolutely nothing on the later bosses, specifically in the 2nd Temple. That Magmortar is a beastly tank when it gets pissed off. :<

deuxhero
2011-01-07, 12:27 AM
So is anyone willing to trade me any of the gen 4 things on this list?

here (https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1Wkqh8YkwUGDZSpU6khBoG6CESUZ5eM8pzuc10X2dl IU&hl=en&pli=1) (FC inside)

(I have the gen 3 things when I bother to clone them and transfer)

Also, going back to GS tomorrow because I realized it is not a HG/SS exclusive event. Another Raikou from my Diamond.

absolmorph
2011-01-07, 07:06 AM
... Pokemon Trainers in the games confuse me.
It's one thing when I fight a Fisherman with 6 level 10 Magikarps.
It's a whole different crazy when I fight a Pokefan with a level 65 Magikarp, which was preceded by a Nidoking.
Seriously.
Level. 65. Magikarp.
Why?

EDIT:
On a mildly related note, I need ideas for nicknames for my Scarfran and Garchomp.

ryzouken
2011-01-07, 01:27 PM
Obviously that trainer is attempting to raise the magikarp to lv 100 so as to defeat enemy teams full of legendaries with the worst pokemon in existence by abusing stat increases on other mons, baton passing to Magikarp, who takes a hit but doesn't die due to focus band, then proceeds to hand out an arse-whooping to anyone not carrying a priority move by using Thrash Flail.

Alternately, he just really, REALLY loves his magikarp and hates Gyarados.

I think you should name the Garchomp "Chompy" or "Chompers"

tgva8889
2011-01-07, 01:31 PM
I would like some help in breeding, actually. I've been attempting to breed Eevees, and as such I have a decent brood of high-stat Eevees for use in breeding. I'm looking for someone to help me by getting me a Pokemon that has decent stats (at least one 31 IV, any stat), can breed with Eevee, and knows the move Fake Tears. Level or species is not important so long as it meets those criteria. I will trade an Eevee for sure for it, depending on your desired nature I may be able to craft an Eevee for you. All my Eevees currently have Wish and Yawn (and I think something stupid like Sunny Day) bred onto them already, so you could easily use them for a Leafeon, Vaporeon, or Umbreon should you so desire.

Thanks in advance to anyone who desires to help. I'm trying to craft some better Eeveelutions. Probably shouldn't have been my first breeding project, but it's very nice to have an Eevee with 4 31 IVs and decent IVs in the other two stats (I think they're both 20's or something), plus a Leafeon with 3 31 IVs. Only took me about two and a half boxes of Eevees to get there, though. I forget what project my Platinum was last working on, though. I think it might have been Trapinch. God that's gonna take forever.

Also, if anyone has a perfect Ditto, I'd trade almost anything for it, including event legendaries.

deuxhero
2011-01-07, 01:52 PM
EDIT:
On a mildly related note, I need ideas for nicknames for my Scarfran and Garchomp.

How about GARchomp

What Eeveelution needs fake tears? I could breed my 31 Sp. Attack IV male Espeon with a female Teddiursa for a male Teddiursa for you if you have one of the gen 4 things on my list (https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1Wkqh8YkwUGDZSpU6khBoG6CESUZ5eM8pzuc10X2dl IU&hl=en#).

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-07, 02:33 PM
<defeat enemy teams full of legendaries with the worst pokemon in existence

<worst pokemon in existence

Now, you're just being silly, good sir. Magikarp is the best Pokemon ever. There can be no equal to Magikarp's greatness. ;V

absolmorph
2011-01-07, 02:41 PM
Obviously that trainer is attempting to raise the magikarp to lv 100 so as to defeat enemy teams full of legendaries with the worst pokemon in existence by abusing stat increases on other mons, baton passing to Magikarp, who takes a hit but doesn't die due to focus band, then proceeds to hand out an arse-whooping to anyone not carrying a priority move by using Thrash.
Worst? (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/happiny)

Alternately, he just really, REALLY loves his magikarp and hates Gyarados.

I think you should name the Garchomp "Chompy" or "Chompers"
I think hating Gyarados is more likely.

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-07, 02:45 PM
Well, Happiny's stats kinda make sense considering what it evolves into, although I wouldn't have put them that low...

absolmorph
2011-01-07, 03:01 PM
Well, Happiny's stats kinda make sense considering what it evolves into, although I wouldn't have put them that low...
They are that low.
And I've seen Happiny used for a pretty brutal sweep.

tgva8889
2011-01-07, 03:35 PM
What Eeveelution needs fake tears? I could breed my 31 Sp. Attack IV male Espeon with a female Teddiursa for a male Teddiursa for you if you have one of the gen 4 things on my list (https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1Wkqh8YkwUGDZSpU6khBoG6CESUZ5eM8pzuc10X2dl IU&hl=en#).

I want a Fake Tears Jolteon, mostly. I've heard a Fake Tears can make Jolt do some awesome damage. And I'm almost certain I have a Mantyke lying around somewhere I can trade up. Alternatively, I can give you Magnezone data (I want my Magnezone).

Edit: Huh, I may have a Teddiursa I can just use for this myself...or something.

ryzouken
2011-01-07, 04:46 PM
AH! But while happiny's stat set is abysmal, its total base ability point spread is 220 compared to Magikarp's 200! Ergo, Magikarp remains the worst pokemon ever. He would be tied with Feebas (who shares that 200 point base stat pool), except that Feebas can actually learn moves beyond his levelup set, by TM's, tutoring, or breeding, while Magikarp is still stuck with the three moves he learns by level up.

Magikarp is still the worst pokemon ever.

Yes, there are other mons with less total point spreads than magikarp (Sunkern being the single mon with the least total points of all mons ever), but they at least have movepools (Sunkern), or evolve quickly (Weedle, Caterpie). Magikarp is completely and totally horrible until level 20, where he becomes okay.

Magikarp's so bad, he aspires to mediocrity.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-07, 05:42 PM
Gentlemen? Anyone care for a battle?

As I am at a Crispers, and there's a parade my family is planning to see this evening nearby, I have some time to spare, and internets to do so with.

tgva8889
2011-01-07, 06:41 PM
ryzouken, Gyarados isn't "okay," Gyarados is immensely powerful and incredibly strong. Face down one of those things with a Dragon Dance or two and you will see the might of Gyarados.

Terazul
2011-01-07, 06:56 PM
Magikarp is still the worst pokemon ever.

Unown.
words words words

ryzouken
2011-01-07, 08:04 PM
Unown.

Touche.

If I allow an enemy two turns of setup then I deserve what I get. Gyarados had better be getting those two Dragon Dances off a baton pass from a wall, or I'm dropping a thunderbolt/thunder fang on him and continuing on my sweep.

I guess if I were running my Stealth Rock/Poison Spikes team like I've been considering, I suppose Gyarados would be a concern. *shrug* I've yet to run into a situation where something like Gyarados got two turns of set up on me, but then, I'm very much a "Sweep hard, Sweep fast, Don't Let Up" player.

oxybe
2011-01-07, 08:09 PM
is it so bad that i actually spent the time in game to catch all 28 species of unknown?

Qwertystop
2011-01-07, 08:19 PM
Gentlemen? Anyone care for a battle?

As I am at a Crispers, and there's a parade my family is planning to see this evening nearby, I have some time to spare, and internets to do so with.
I'll battle if you're still up for it.

is it so bad that i actually spent the time in game to catch all 28 species of unknown?
Not as bad as the fact that you STILL managed to misspell it:smallbiggrin:. (It's Unown, not Unknown)

Mando Knight
2011-01-07, 09:07 PM
If I allow an enemy two turns of setup then I deserve what I get. Gyarados had better be getting those two Dragon Dances off a baton pass from a wall, or I'm dropping a thunderbolt/thunder fang on him and continuing on my sweep.
Here's the thing. Gyarados doesn't need two Dances. Just one. Unless you put out a Thunderbolt on the same turn it uses Dragon Dance, you had better have a rather bulky or quick counter, as it's going to tear through the team like a danced-up Salamence or Dragonite would. All three are fairly bulky (taking neutral and weak super-effective hits easily) and extremely powerful (making the most of a single Dragon Dance). Mess up your chance to counter, and it could easily make a spot to use a second Dragon Dance if necessary.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-07, 09:11 PM
I'll battle if you're still up for it.

Why is it, I wonder, that we never are online at the same time?

Unfortunately, I have been removed from the wifi that works with my DS, so... Yeah. Perhaps another day...

Geno9999
2011-01-07, 09:35 PM

Here's a problem with that plan there: Wacan Berry (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wacan_berry). Like Mando said, Gyarados only needs one Dragon Dance to be tear 'mons apart. Wacan grantees that by helping Gyarados survive the initial Thunderbolt. Also, if someone is trying do any more covering its 4x weakness to electric, it'll pack along an Earthquake, to wipe out most Electric types that would otherwise get STAB from Thunderbolt/Fang.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-07, 09:37 PM
Hey Geno, do you still have a Bagon for trade?

deuxhero
2011-01-07, 10:38 PM
Unown.
words words words

Luvdisc.

ALSO!

I'm going to replay ruby soon, I've got a team ready to hatch and I just need to dump everything into Pokemon Box before I start (will likely do that that start tomorrow) I have a few questions though

1:
Need a nickname (or suggestions for something better on the existing ones)
Trainer: Reimu
Cubone: Youmu
Spoink: Satori
Heracross: Yuugi
Cacnea:???

2:

What starter to pick? It's pretty pointless beyond the really early stages and rival fights (which are objectively the most pathetic in the series anyways) as I won't be using it, but worth askign

3: Any ways to ignore the main sequence? Hoenn seems to have a very hard sequence to break. The badge that gets me Fly may be skipable, but anything else?

Terazul
2011-01-07, 11:13 PM
Luvdisc.

Ok, its stat total is lower by 6, I'll give it that. But it actually has good mediocre speed, and manages to learn more than one move. :smalltongue:

deuxhero
2011-01-07, 11:19 PM
Sunkern is also worse. At least Unown can hit more than grass types iffy coverage.

Geno9999
2011-01-07, 11:34 PM
Hey Geno, do you still have a Bagon for trade?
Oh yeah, I do. Trade on Saturday?

ryzouken
2011-01-08, 12:45 AM
Sunkern is also worse. At least Unown can hit more than grass types iffy coverage.

Sunkern evolves. Unown does not. Unown is worse.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-08, 01:31 AM
Oh yeah, I do. Trade on Saturday?

Sure. Mind if I trade a Scyther to you so you can trade it back so I can get a Scizor?

If I can get anything you want, I will, but I haven't beaten the elite 4 yet so a lot of pokemon are out of my reach.

SparkMandriller
2011-01-08, 03:21 AM

You haven't actually checked what moves Unown learns, right?

ryzouken
2011-01-08, 04:36 AM
Well, to be fair, Hidden Power can be a variety of types of damage and can have a fairly decent power behind it... You might even be able to STAB it by getting a Psychic yield, which might also have a decent 60+ power if my initial glance over the math is any form of accurate...

So... yeah. It's POSSIBLE for an Unown to carry a single attack move worth carrying... if you get extraordinarily lucky, with a perfect IV and Nature set.

Geno9999
2011-01-08, 09:25 AM
Sure. Mind if I trade a Scyther to you so you can trade it back so I can get a Scizor?

If I can get anything you want, I will, but I haven't beaten the elite 4 yet so a lot of pokemon are out of my reach.
Can you get a Gligar? Otherwise, if you have SS, there's little for us to trade for anyway, since we get pretty much the same pokemon.

tgva8889
2011-01-08, 09:35 AM
Well, to be fair, Hidden Power can be a variety of types of damage and can have a fairly decent power behind it... You might even be able to STAB it by getting a Psychic yield, which might also have a decent 60+ power if my initial glance over the math is any form of accurate...

So... yeah. It's POSSIBLE for an Unown to carry a single attack move worth carrying... if you get extraordinarily lucky, with a perfect IV and Nature set.

I guess...but Unown doesn't ever get better, whereas at least Magikarp becomes something good later on in life. Also, Magikarp has multiple moves, at least 1 of which is actually good. Unown's got only 1 move.

Sunkern does have the slight benefit of being the best Pokemon in Pokeathalon in the game. But mostly the fact that it evolves into something pretty bad and it has the worst stats in the game makes Sunkern not awesome. Plus, it eats up a Sun Stone to evolve.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-08, 09:46 AM
Can you get a Gligar? Otherwise, if you have SS, there's little for us to trade for anyway, since we get pretty much the same pokemon.

No. All I have is Silver and it looks like Gligar is heartgold exclusive.:smallfrown:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-08, 09:49 AM
No. All I have is Silver and it looks like Gligar is heartgold exclusive.:smallfrown:

Do you want a Gligar? I can give you a gligar.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-08, 09:54 AM
Do you want a Gligar? I can give you a gligar.

Well, it'd be nice to be able to give it to Geno since I kind of feel like I'm mooching off of him.

Although, asking you for it for nothing is also mooching.....

Anything I could trade to you?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-08, 10:01 AM
Well, it'd be nice to be able to give it to Geno since I kind of feel like I'm mooching off of him.

Although, asking you for it for nothing is also mooching.....

Anything I could trade to you?

Hang on, let me look...

Do you have an Ekans or Delibird?

Friend Code is 1548-7393-1596 and the name is Lana.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-08, 10:07 AM
Hang on, let me look...

Do you have an Ekans or Delibird?

No, but I could get an Ekans pretty easily. Delibird less so but I could still do it.

Which would you prefer?

Also, I have to leave soon so we probably can't make the trade until later.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-08, 10:08 AM
No, but I could get an Ekans pretty easily. Delibird less so but I could still do it.

Which would you prefer?

Either one, it doesn't matter. Or I could get you a Phanpy too for both. How's that sound?

Aah, I'm leaving in a couple hours and won't be back until late tonight.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-08, 10:11 AM
Either one, it doesn't matter. Or I could get you a Phanpy too for both. How's that sound?

Sounds good to me.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-08, 10:25 AM
Sounds good to me.

You still want that Aron Kyuubi?

deuxhero
2011-01-08, 10:47 AM
You haven't actually checked what moves Unown learns, right?

Yes, and Unown can use a good offensive type for it's Hidden Power, such as Fighting.

tgva8889
2011-01-08, 11:15 AM
Deux, would you be able to trade a Teddiursa with Fake Tears and a 31 IV for a Mantyke?

Qwertystop
2011-01-08, 11:17 AM
Is anyone up for a battle?
I know I've been asking for battles a lot, but I'm bored...:smallwink:

Geno9999
2011-01-08, 11:30 AM
Its alright, I have Pokemon Colosseum, I can catch one, but it'll require me to make a new save, since I deleted the old one to make room.

Also, yeah I get that feeling I'm mooching sometimes, especially with my last trades, since I got a "Two for One" deal.

However, I think we might need to put off our trade to some other time, since I'm going this afternoon to Gamestop to get Shiny Gerbil #1 Raikou, so it might be a while before I get back.

SparkMandriller
2011-01-08, 11:35 AM
Yes, and Unown can use a good offensive type for it's Hidden Power, such as Fighting.

Okay, so Unown has HP fighting.
And Sunkern has HP fighting as well as all its other moves.

Explain to me how this means Unown has better coverage?

deuxhero
2011-01-08, 11:55 AM
Because even with HP fighting, it can't OHKO a T-Tar.

SparkMandriller
2011-01-08, 12:12 PM
Unown can't either in sand.

What does Tyranitar have to do with coverage anyway?

tgva8889
2011-01-08, 01:50 PM
Deuxhero, want to trade?

Also, anyone want Trapinch? I've got 'em lying around now.

Geno9999
2011-01-08, 04:08 PM
I just got back with my shiny gerbil Raikou, and it didn't take as long as I thought it might take.:smallsmile:

deuxhero
2011-01-08, 05:39 PM
Deuxhero, want to trade?

Also, anyone want Trapinch? I've got 'em lying around now.

I'd have to breed it first, wasn't doing that because you said you may not need it.

Next week I'll try.

tgva8889
2011-01-08, 07:00 PM
I'd have to breed it first, wasn't doing that because you said you may not need it.

Next week I'll try.

Understandable, sorry about that. Any time's fine.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-08, 08:50 PM
You still want that Aron Kyuubi?

Not right now. My current party is going to be a little full.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-09, 12:50 AM
Thanks, Kyuubi! Good night!

Mystic Muse
2011-01-09, 12:50 AM
Thanks, Kyuubi! Good night!

You're welcome. Glad to help!

Have a good night's sleep.

Geno9999
2011-01-09, 03:35 PM
Kyuubi, what time do you want to set for the trade? I can do it on weekdays after around 4:00 (-6 GMT), and all daylight hours on weekends.

Mystic Muse
2011-01-09, 03:47 PM
Kyuubi, what time do you want to set for the trade? I can do it on weekdays after around 4:00 (-6 GMT), and all daylight hours on weekends.

Would you be able to do it right now? If not, what time is it there? I'm not sure how to tell other people's time zones through GMT.

Geno9999
2011-01-09, 05:18 PM
Would you be able to do it right now? If not, what time is it there? I'm not sure how to tell other people's time zones through GMT.

At the bottom of the page, it shows the current time along with the GMT. For me, this post is 4:18 PM -6GMT, and I'm not sure what are your time zone settings to guess what time it looks like to you.

Oh, I can do the trade right now. I remember you wanting the bagon nicknamed, right?

Mystic Muse
2011-01-09, 05:25 PM
At the bottom of the page, it shows the current time along with the GMT. For me, this post is 4:18 PM -6GMT, and I'm not sure what are your time zone settings to guess what time it looks like to you.

Oh, I can do the trade right now. I remember you wanting the bagon nicknamed, right?

If it's female, Tiamat would be the preferred Nickname. If male, it doesn't matter.

If it matters, my friend code is 4426 8632 9143 and character's name is Caleb.

tgva8889
2011-01-09, 05:28 PM
Welp, I've got two Raikous waiting for me. I'll get two Entei so I can have one and reset for one. Only one Suicune just for collection, since I don't need it for play.

Geno9999
2011-01-09, 05:33 PM
If it's female, Tiamat would be the preferred Nickname. If male, it doesn't matter.

If it matters, my friend code is 4426 8632 9143 and character's name is Caleb.

Okay I'm in the WiFi right now, and I'll be trading from my Pearl game. FC's in the first post, but I'll repost here:
5328 7909 7435

Mystic Muse
2011-01-09, 05:45 PM
Thanks for helping me Geno.:smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-09, 08:04 PM
Alright, two Raikous! :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-09, 08:52 PM
Alright, two Raikous! :smallbiggrin:

Trade me one. :smallwink:

I'll give you a legit Shaymin. Or Regigigas.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-09, 10:24 PM
Trade me one. :smallwink:

I'll give you a legit Shaymin. Or Regigigas.

Sorry, I already have both.

...Say, does anyone know how to clone/is able to clone pokemon here?

oxybe
2011-01-10, 12:32 AM
oh! oh! i need a legit regigas for my spare event raikou if you're still offering. -

Qwertystop
2011-01-10, 11:01 AM
Sorry, I already have both.

...Say, does anyone know how to clone/is able to clone pokemon here?

I know how to clone by using the GTS (which can only be done in Diamond and Pearl, so I can't do it myself), and I can also Pokesav you an identical copy of the pokemon, or a copy with improved EVs and IVs.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-10, 02:59 PM
I know how to clone by using the GTS (which can only be done in Diamond and Pearl, so I can't do it myself), and I can also Pokesav you an identical copy of the pokemon, or a copy with improved EVs and IVs.

Say, could you do me a favor? It's a little odd, but hey...

I want a Spiritomb. Not just any Spiritomb, mind, but one with Wonder Guard. I don't care about EVs or anything, though it'd be nice.

I just want an invincible pokemon.

Why?

Teh. Lulz.

So, could you figure out the code to put that in my Diamond version using an Action Replay, then drop it to me via PM?

EifieFlare
2011-01-10, 03:04 PM
I want a Spiritomb. Not just any Spiritomb, mind, but one with Wonder Guard. I don't care about EVs or anything, though it'd be nice.

I just want an invincable pokemon.

Why?

Teh. Lulz.

Protip: Keep it away from Destiny Bond. :smalltongue: That ruined my streak at the Battle Tower.

Also of note is that status effects can still affect it (remedied with Substitute), as well as weather and entry hazards. Wonder Guard also doesn't protect against anything that uses Foresight or the like, has the abilities Scrappy or Mold Breaker, or has the moves Fire Fang or Beat Up.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-10, 03:08 PM
Protip: Keep it away from Destiny Bond. :smalltongue: That ruined my streak at the Battle Tower.

Also of note is that status effects (remedied with Substitute) and weather can still affect it, as well as anything that uses Foresight or the like, has the abilities Scrappy or Mold Breaker, or has Fire Fang.

Yeah, I kinda know about that list.

Still, it's (nigh) INVINCIBLE!

That's all I want it for.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-10, 03:20 PM
oh! oh! i need a legit regigas for my spare event raikou if you're still offering. -

Sure. Uhmmm. I do have midterms this week though, so I'm a bit busy. I could do it Wednesday Evening I suppose. Im on EST (UTC -4). (It's the Level 1 Platinum kind BTW. Haven't touched it yet.)

oxybe
2011-01-10, 04:08 PM
don't care what level it is, alls i know is that i'm missing a regigas and they're kinda hard to get, at least in my area.

i'm not working this wednesday, and it seems we're on the same time zone. around 6 pm then?

Geno9999
2011-01-10, 04:51 PM
I thought you can get a Regigigas by having the Regi trio from Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-10, 04:53 PM
So Black/White comes out in Europe on March 4, 2 days before it comes out in the US. It comes out in Australia March 10.

March 6...That's a Sunday. :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-01-10, 05:24 PM
So Black/White comes out in Europe on March 4, 2 days before it comes out in the US. It comes out in Australia March 10.

What? I thought we were getting it on the 7th. WTH. (Not that Im not glad.)

Oxybe: 6 PM should be fine.

ryzouken
2011-01-10, 08:05 PM
Very quickly: I have to give the translation and localization team credit. I wasn't digging some of the JP names of mons, but their western equivs are so far so good. I cannot wait to train up a MEGALITH, as its very name is fairly epic.

I'll just have to restrain myself from nicknaming it MEGADEATH...:smallannoyed:

EDIT: Aaaand I am fail. It is, in fact, Gigalith. MEGADEATH reference averted.
Or was it....?

sauce: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/

Giaru are now Klinks? W/E. What are the evolved forms going to be, I wonder. Klanks?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-10, 08:09 PM
Very quickly: I have to give the translation and localization team credit. I wasn't digging some of the JP names of mons, but their western equivs are so far so good. I cannot wait to train up a MEGALITH, as its very name is fairly epic.

I'll just have to restrain myself from nicknaming it MEGADEATH...:smallannoyed:

Wait, the final evolution? I think it's Gigalith. Which is even better, in my opinion. :smallbiggrin:

Pansage/Pansear/Panpour is also pretty witty. Pan is the scientific name for the genus of apes that includes chimpanzees.

Darwin
2011-01-10, 08:16 PM
Where are you guys finding the english names? :smallconfused:

Deth Muncher
2011-01-10, 08:56 PM
What? I thought we were getting it on the 7th. WTH. (Not that Im not glad.)

Oxybe: 6 PM should be fine.

Nintendo always releases games on Sundays in NA.

/Gamestop Employee

absolmorph
2011-01-10, 09:19 PM
Nintendo always releases games on Sundays in NA.

/Gamestop Employee
Waaaait.

You foul deceiver! :smalltongue:

Deth Muncher
2011-01-10, 09:26 PM
Waaaait.

You foul deceiver! :smalltongue:

-evil laughter, lightning crackle-

oxybe
2011-01-10, 11:39 PM
I thought you can get a Regigigas by having the Regi trio from Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald.

regretfully those games were released as i was graduating and preparing for the move and going to university. while i did play a little bit of diablo 2 between assignments i spent waaaay too much of my time studying (and eventually burnt out, moved a second time, went to college, got my degree, moved a third time and spent a year or two getting enough money to be "safe" in case of problems).

in less words: completely missed the boat on those games, and as such, never owned them.

if i could find a copy in my local EB Games, pawn shop, the anime store... hell, anywhere really, i would pick it up, but alas, it is not meant to T_T

@AT : alright! i'll have a shiny gerbil ready at 6pm

deuxhero
2011-01-11, 12:10 AM
Wait, the final evolution? I think it's Gigalith. Which is even better, in my opinion. :smallbiggrin:

Pansage/Pansear/Panpour is also pretty witty. Pan is the scientific name for the genus of apes that includes chimpanzees.

I would have chosen Panmistic for the water myself.

Yes, a game set in the US is getting released in it last...

Also of note. A possible new console game for gen 5 on Wii? (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon_battling_game_in_works_for_Wii) Worth noting that Serebii has said his "source" hasn't mentioned such and as a result thinks its BS (hope he is wrong).

ryzouken
2011-01-11, 01:09 AM
Yes, a game set in the US is getting released in it last...

Surely you're mistaken, as the region in B&W is the Unova region, and decidedly not the US...

(yes, I know. It's New York.)

MartytheBioGuy
2011-01-11, 01:10 AM
I'm back in my college town. There is no Gamestop here. And we are basically snowed into town. No Entei for me...

ryzouken
2011-01-11, 01:23 AM
I'll hold onto one for you until you're able to retrieve it.

PM me at a later date.

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-11, 01:37 AM
Okay, here's a thought- for some reason, I can't use the GTS on my copy of Platinum. I have the Pokemon that the people ask for, but it won't let me select them to trade. I have no idea why this reason is, as the GTS worked perfectly fine on my Diamond, Pearl and HG cartridges. :smallconfused:

Deth Muncher
2011-01-11, 01:37 AM
Is that Ash's Pikachu thing still going on? I want one.

FantasyFoxMan
2011-01-11, 01:45 AM
That hasn't started yet. I believe it starts on the 30th.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-01-11, 03:20 PM
You know what I've realized? We've never had the Azure Flute event.