PDA

View Full Version : Zceryll, question concerning.

mrcarter11
2010-12-31, 04:46 AM
So, at level 20, can a binder, use SMIX to bring out an elder earth elemental, and apply the template, and the use Nar, to make it take half your damage? And per the template it gains SR 25, while it retains its original DR 10/-. Am I reading that right? Or did I miss something?

Aharon
2010-12-31, 08:46 AM
I don't think you miss anything. The complete list of summonable stuff might be helpful, though. IIRC, there are better things to summon than elementals.

Psyren
2011-01-01, 03:51 PM
I don't think you miss anything. The complete list of summonable stuff might be helpful, though. IIRC, there are better things to summon than elementals.

Zceryll lets you summon anything* so long as it is corporeal. Her Summon Alien ability is thus far more powerful than that of an Alienist, because hers is not restricted just to celestial and fiendish creatures. Add to that free Telepathy+Mindsight, and everything else she gives you is icing on the cake.

She also does not penalize your social skills like the Alienist does, and you can suppress her sign without impacting your abilities.

*anything summonable via Summon Monster

Kobold-Bard
2011-01-01, 05:30 PM
So, at level 20, can a binder, use SMIX to bring out an elder earth elemental, and apply the template, and the use Nar, to make it take half your damage? And per the template it gains SR 25, while it retains its original DR 10/-. Am I reading that right? Or did I miss something?

Stuff like this is why the online Vestiges bump you up a Tier as a Binder.

JaronK
2011-01-01, 05:40 PM
Yeah, between Zceryll's "sure, have any spell like ability and/or power found on any critter on the Summon Monster list, and that creature will then spam it for you without using your actions, and you can have a bunch up at once" nonsense, and that other one that suddenly makes you into a great magic item maker, the Binder gets REALLY strong out of nowhere.

If you want to make it really nasty, take the feat that lets you use Zceryll's summon once every four rounds, and take a Major Bloodline (to increase your EBL). Now you can have even more at once!

JaronK