PDA

View Full Version : Feats for New Year's![3.5, PEACH]

Pyromancer999
2010-12-31, 11:28 AM
Although it's a bit close to the holiday, it's time for the fourth segment of my Holiday Feat series: New Year's feats!

Holiday Fluff
We've seen them all before: the person who eats nothing but candy and wears their costume all day on Halloween, the person who stays up all night waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve, that enthusiastic drunk guy at every New Years party. These people embody the spirit of holidays. These Scions of the Holiday believe and obsess about the holiday they are devoted to so much, that their association with that holiday causes the spirit of the holiday to infuse itself within the Scion, granting it awesome holiday-themed powers.

Rules for Holiday feats

Holiday feats, for the most part, act the same as a heritage feat-chain, excepting one thing: Once you choose a holiday to embody, you cannot choose to embody another holiday. For example, a Scion of Halloween could not choose the Scion of Christmas feat and start taking Christmas feats.

Now, time for the actual feats:

Scion of New Year's Day[Holiday, New Year]
Benefit: Your love of everything New Year's stands for gives you special abilities. You gain a +1 per [New Year] feat you have to Heal checks, and may summon one glass of an alcoholic beverage per New Year feat you have per day.

Good for What Ales You[Holiday, New Year]
Prerequisite: Scion of New Year's Day, 3rd level
Benefit: Once per day per New Year feat you have, when you consume an alcoholic beverage, you gain effects of a Cure Light Wounds spell, and regain an additional amount of hit points equal to 1/2 the number of New Year feats you possess.

Oh, Dear [Insert Deity's name here], Why? WHYYYYYYYYYY? a.k.a. Oh Dear[Holiday, New Year]
Prerequisites: Scion of New Year's Day, 6th level
Benefit: This ability, named for what most victims of it say through their tears, is highly potent. Once per day per New Year feat, as a standard action, you may throw an alcoholic drink at a target within 5 ft/New Year feat distance as a ranged attack. Once it hits the target, the target is blinded for a number of rounds equal to the number of New Year feats you have, and takes acid damage equal to the number of New Year feats you have the initial round it is blinded, and every other rounds after that, as it burns its way through the subject's eyes. This ability does not work at all on creatures without flesh, and does not blind those who do not need eyes to perceive things.

Renewal[Holiday, New Year]
Prerequisites: Scion of New Year's Day
Benefit: Focusing on the renewal and healing aspect of New Year's Day, you gain a small pool of points to heal people with. This pool of points is equal to your Wis modifier x the number of New Year feats you have. You may spend these points to heal others or yourself, and replenishes itself each day.

Greater Renewal[Holiday, New Year]
Prerequisites: Scion of New Year's Day, Renewal, 9th level
Benefit: You learn how to renew people even better than before. By expending 10 points from your healing pool, you may heal any one of the following conditions: permanent blindness or deafness, any nonmagical disease. By expending 20 points from your healing pool, you may cure any magical disease, or restore a lost limb. You gain a bonus number of points to your healing pool equal to the number of New Year feats you have + 1.

Mordekainen's Instant Party[Holiday, New Year]
Prerequisites: Scion of New Year's Day, Good for What Ales You 6th level
Benefit: Unknown to most modern mages, Mordekainen was an enthusiastic partier each and every New Year's Day. Although not a Scion of New Year's Day himself, he nevertheless managed to draw upon New Year's magic one time when no one around him had time to make a party for New Year's. One Scion witnessed this feat, and the use of this ability has spread over time. Once per day, the Scion may create an awesome party. In order to use this ability, the Scion must have a large space of at least 800 square feet available. Upon use of this ability, the area instantly becomes festively decorated. A table with tasty food appears. Any eaters of at least 4 ounces of this food regain 1 hit point, and instantly have the exhausted or fatigued condition removed from them. Also upon the table appear a number of alcoholic drinks equal to 2d4 x the number of alcoholic drinks the Scion has not summoned that day. Upon drinking, these beers can restore a number of hit points equal to half the number of New Year Feats you have. This ability lasts for a number of hours equal to 1d4 x the number of New Year feats you have.

Party Buds[Holiday, New Year]
Prerequisites: Scion of New Year's Day, Good for What Ales You, Mordekainen's Instant Party, 9th level.
Benefits: You can't party without your party buds! Once per day per New Year feat you possess, you may summon a number of party buddies equal to half the number of New Year's feats you possess. These party buddies are humans with levels in commoner equal to twice the number of New Year feats you have. They also may rage as a barbarian of a level equal to their commoner levels 1/day, have the Endurance feat, and one other feat you choose. The same party buds are always summoned through this feat. You create a number of party buds equal to half the number of New Year feats you possess, and may create more as you gain more New Year feats. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to the number of New Year feats you have.

I Never Knew You Could Do That[Holiday, New Year]
Prerequisites: Scion of New Year's Day, Oh, Dear [Insert Deity's name here], why? WHYYYYYYYYYY?, 9th level
Benefit: You may expend a useage of the Oh Dear feat as a move action in order to instead throw a more sophisticated alcoholic concoction at your enemies. As a ranged attack with the same range as the Oh Dear feat, you may throw a flaming alcoholilc drink at an enemy. This affects everyone within a radius of 5 ft/two New Year feats you have. Everyone within the damage area takes fire damage equal to 1d8 + the number of New Year feats you have.

Major Scion of New Year's Day[Holiday, New Year]
Prerequisites: Scion of New Year's Day, three other New Year feats
Benefit: New Year's magic has transformed you so much that you essentially ARE the party come New Year's day. This grants multiple benefits. Firstly, once per day per two New Year Feats you have, you may summon 1d4 + 1 beer elementals (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72870&page=3). Secondly, you become almost always ready to party. Whenever you become fatigued, you may make a DC 15 + 1/2 your HD Heal check to remove the condition as a standard action. You gain a bonus to this roll equal to 1/2 the number of New Year feats you have. Thirdly, when the New Year comes around and renews the calendar year, so do you. Should you die from anything other than natural causes, you become automatically resurrected come New Year's day, albeit one age category younger than the one you had when you died. However, you age over the year enough to regain the one age category you lost by the end of the year.

Please Comment and PEACH

Pyromancer999
2010-12-31, 03:19 PM
Anyone want to comment/PEACH this?

Pyromancer999
2010-12-31, 10:24 PM
No one at all?

InfiniteNothing
2011-01-01, 12:26 AM
Give them a few minutes. I'd critique it myself, but I'm not too good at it.

Thugorp
2011-03-31, 12:10 AM
These are awsome, begining and end of story. they are not over powered and the mechanics are solid. The flavore is great, and Mordikiden's magical party is hilariouse. GOOD JOB! Please keep it up and make more. :-)

Also, I wanted to say that Mongoose publishing actually did publish a creature called a, Spirit of Spirits, or an, Inerbriate. It is basically a Beer Elimental. It is a Large outsider with the incorporeal, and Chaotic subtypes. It flys at 30ft. I wont tell you everything about it for fear of breaking the law but I will give you the main abilityies. They go as follows:

Bombard(Ex): An inebriate can throw mugs, barrels, plates and other small objects at enimies. This has a range of 40ft. and deals 3d4 points of damage. The target may make a Reflex save(DC 14) to take half damage.

Drunkenness(Su): Anyone struck by the Spirit of Spirits' though attack must make a Fortitude save(DC14) or become drunk and confused for 1d6 rounds.

Aura of Inerbriation(Su): Anyone within 30ft. of the Spirit becomes slightly tipsy, suffering a -1 penalty to attack rolls, skill checks and any saving throws ecept for Fortitude saves.

Spell-Like Abilities: 3/day - Bull's Strength, Good HOme, Suggestion(DC 15), Caster Level 5th.. Save D.C.s are Charisma-based. These spells can only be used on characters who are drunk or who have been struck by the spirit's drunkenness attack.

Thugorp
2012-01-01, 12:13 PM
I just want to keep this from getting locked.

PersonMan
2012-01-01, 12:17 PM
You decided to do so by necroing it, making it far more likely to be locked?

Thugorp
2012-01-01, 09:59 PM
I am not sure what you mean by, "Necroing," but I have noticed that in the last year - year and a half, the admins here have started locking threads that don't have comments after about a year... besides that that means that I am often unable to ask for clarification/comment on the content created in them as my players use the material it also inevitably leads to them being put into a hard to read archive format. am going to be encouraging my players to use these feats(and the Christmas ones as well... and more players to take his mage feats) in the next few weeks so I wanted to make sure the threads would stay usable... why would the thread be locked over that?

ArkenBrony
2012-01-02, 01:31 PM
Could you link to all your other holiday classes cause I can only find this and Christmas, and I love the feats

bobthe6th
2012-01-02, 01:57 PM
This thread was dead, and you brought it back in a form of unlife. This is thread necromancy, and a rather big deal I hear... never was quite sure why...

Pyromancer999
2012-01-02, 02:31 PM
Could you link to all your other holiday classes cause I can only find this and Christmas, and I love the feats

This request for me? I think so, at least. Anyways, 1) These are feats, and 2) I shall link to all my feat chains and other material once I get a good bit of time to link them all at once.

@Thugorp: Although I slightly disapprove of necroing of threads, in response to your comment:

I don't have access to the Inebriate, and I prefer to stick to sources people don't have to buy in order to get my homebrew.

That is all.